Name change

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
arak-and-skhug
arak-and-skhug
Goon
arak-and-skhug
Goon
Goon

Name change

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 10:54 am

Post by arak-and-skhug »

I don't like the name I started with (I named myself after an alchohol and now every time I log in with a hungover and its painful and also I don't want to be confused for a hydra by having an and in my name), is there any easy way to change it? Obviously after I finish the game I'm currently in for lack of confusion. Could a mod do it, or would it be acceptable to just start a new account and tell everyone its me?
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 11:13 am

Post by Plotinus »

Mods don't tend to change players names, I've never heard of them doing that. But it's okay to create a new account; lots of people have multiple accounts. Select "alt" from the drop down menu (and if you make an error in the form, you will have to reselect it), to mark it as you -- if you forget, an administration will have to activate it for you; there's a thread in this section of the forum for that.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
arak-and-skhug
arak-and-skhug
Goon
arak-and-skhug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:10 am

Post by arak-and-skhug »

Cool thanks Plot! I'll do that once I finish the game I'm in. Would I still be able to play as SE in newbie games with the new account?
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:28 am

Post by Plotinus »

Once the alt has 3 finished games, one of which outside of Rome, yes. You can't /in as a newbie under the alt, but you can replace into newbie games under an alt.

The first post in the newbie queue explains the alt rules:
In post 0, Mina wrote:IF YOU ARE SIGNING UP AS AN ALT ACCOUNT:
Established players starting Alt accounts (an account different from their primary account, usually used as a means to play against their established meta) may not /in as a Newbie since they'd be taking a spot away from a true site Newbie. Additionally, since the Alt account itself doesn't qualify, you may not function as SEs or ICs under the Alt account either, even if the player behind the account does qualify for one of these positions.

The ONLY way in which a new Alt account (one with less than two finished games) may play in a Newbie game is to offer to replace into existing games. Once the account has a record of three finished games, you may then /in as an SE player as normal. Once the account has a record of 5 completed games and 3 months on-site, you may /in as an IC player after ListMod certification as normal. You may always instead use your primary account to function as an SE or IC, depending on qualifications.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4

Return to “Solved Requests”