Micro 905: High Noon (GAME TERMINATED)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:07 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

NM did you have a reason for picking QC?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:50 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Right now I kinda want to flip QC in this duel because it'd be funny if they were scum

I don't like
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:50 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 41, Dannflor wrote:
In post 26, GuiltyLion wrote:Right now I kinda want to flip QC in this duel because it'd be funny if they were scum

I don't like
GL, what about 11 specifically don't you like?
Felt to me like what someone might post if they didn't really care about Not Mafias alignment
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:21 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 80, Fishy Logic wrote:Cool. Wanna talk about it or are you good just taking pot shots at us from the sidelines?
I'll stick with the "pot shots", thanks. I'm more interested in what other people have to say about it and how they feel about my impression than I am in arguing with you about it
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:24 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 80, Fishy Logic wrote:everyone will defend him by saying NM is just a troll and this is TWTBAW and we should lynch the guy who still hasnt spoken...
I also don't think this is very likely in my experience with how games with NM usually go
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:27 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 84, Fishy Logic wrote:Throw shade for no reason, avoid direct confrontations, got it.
There was a reason. And I'll directly confront you on my terms when I have things I think are worth confronting about
In post 84, Fishy Logic wrote:Was our vote the first one made after the duel was called?
No and that seems irrelevant

I wasn't pinged by the other votes
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:31 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

So nobody is allowed to call out votes in the duel that they didn't like? Lol

How am I distracting from anything? You can talk about whatever you want, I'm not policing discussion.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:40 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 90, Fishy Logic wrote:What is different from our vote and Amruns vote?
Dans felt like a natural joke to me and Amruns indignant attitude (regardless of whether it's real or faked) is different than a blasé "Alrighty then"

you seriously can't honestly believe all three of those posts are the same. and I think talking about Amrun's posts and whether they're genuine would be a more interesting and useful line of discussion than whatever ~ this ~ is.
In post 90, Fishy Logic wrote:Like you saying that you didnt get pinged by the other votes is wow...
am I supposed to be pinged by all three or am I supposed to not read anything into all three? You understand what ping means, right? It just means "eh this felt to me like a post scum might make". It's literally just my gut take as I'm trying to share my feelings/reads as I have them.

like what even actually are you trying to say? "we can only talk about the two people in the duel" and then also arguing it's somehow wrong or bad that I didn't give a comment on literally every post that happened in the game so far?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 92, Fishy Logic wrote:I see that we are just going to have a different view of the game and thats fine. Your read is wrong though, so while you have an idea of what we are, your incorrect ping on us makes me wonder if you are town who has a shit read, or scum who is making a push on us because we voted your buddy after he dueled in his first post.
sorry but let me condescend for just one more second - hmmm it's a gut ping on page 2, oh no it's wrong, oh the humanity! :P

alright to be serious - I understand that you're experienced and I have even played with Formerfish before, I'm still gonna call out what I want to call out. and it's kinda surprising to me that you're acting like it's this confusing and super critical thing for somebody to misread you especially when it's the very beginning of the game. to be frank I dunno if scum would be so reactive and defensive right off the bat so who knows! you got me doubting myself already!

I also just wanna point out that the odds of me being town with a "shit read" are much much greater than the odds of {GL/NM} being the exact scum pair, so if this is really how you're thinking right now then I agree we are definitely going to have different views of this game
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:18 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

aw man I got excited for a sec thinking finally RC might be townreading me in a game

I think hopefully if you just give me some room to play I'll town it up. You just saw me as scum and I plan to effort/play here in a manner that would be extremely difficult for me to imitate as scum
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:25 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

to clarify, I didn't think Amrun's opening was scummy, I was just riffing on and the fact that they brought it up again when I said that'd be more interesting to me to talk about
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:34 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

just to like sum it up without all the snark and conflict

Amrun's post felt genuine to me like she's like "eh NM might be town but he should still go for doing this" whereas FL's vote felt more like "ooh NM is town and now we have an easy reason to vote there" and it's entirely tonal and likely half made up in my head and something I expect some number of people to disagree on regardless of alignment(s) and something I may discard as irrelevant and NAI as the game evolves

but there was a key difference there and it was the only thing that stood out really on page 1 and I'm a tryhard sooo it is what it is
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:57 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

if QC is scum he's bad/newb scum

which is def possible but I'm not sold on him being "obvscum" level yet

Golden Deer is the best house
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 153, eth0s wrote:I have no idea on nm/qc but the way everyone is shading qc for his (admittedly bad) reaction to everything seems like he's the preferred ML.
Is QC town or not? You say you can't tell and his reaction is bad, but then assert that he's a ML?
In post 153, eth0s wrote:If qc/nm is tvt then it makes sense for scum to push qc as the ML because leaving nm around to troll with duels is ideal for them.
So who are the players who are doing that who could be scum if we're in the TvT universe? You not naming any names or talking about any specific posts makes me feel like you're just pretending to analyze here - Nobody is even voting QC and Not_Mafia is the one who has been pushing QC the hardest.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (isolation #14) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:51 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 162, eth0s wrote:I guess if there's one thing that really bothers me right now it's this
In post 154, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 153, eth0s wrote:I have no idea on nm/qc but the way everyone is shading qc for his (admittedly bad) reaction to everything seems like he's the preferred ML.
Is QC town or not? You say you can't tell and his reaction is bad, but then assert that he's a ML?
because he seems competent enough to understand what I said which makes me wonder if he's just blatantly trying to misrep me. "but the way everyone is..." literally explains my thought progression that he is trying to paint as me having 2 different stances on one person
Dann is right that I was asking for clarification, and I don't agree with you that this post conclusively establishes that you are townreading QC. If you're arguing that it
does
and that you townread QC by virtue of the fact that people are shading him, fine, that mostly covers my question. But I still at the same time also feel it's weird that you admit that QC's posts were bad - like if they're genuinely bad posts then I wouldn't blame people for scumreading them or assume that it's not just town latching onto a scummy looking player.

@Amrun - I'm not sure about these eth0s replies, they're definitely consistent and well-reasoned from the perspective of "I've been misrepped from what I said", but at the same time thoe sorts of semantic/linguistic 'misreps' like this are what I tend to latch onto as scum myself, as I can bullshit much more easily about how bad someone's argument was than bullshit about why that makes them Scum. Like I can believe eth0s genuinely thought he was misrepped there even as scum.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:54 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I also think it's a little disingenuous for eth0s to suggest that my or Dann's are valid pieces of evidence for his "scum are shading QC because of his bad replies" theory
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (isolation #16) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:36 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I've only skimmed/read once to stay current and I don't have time to truly think/reply to things in depth yet but I am starting to townread QC and eth0s coming to that read at a similar time makes me lean town on him as well.

I'll try to do more on my lunch break today
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (isolation #17) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:29 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Quantifiable Conundrum (L-4)
: noone
Not_Mafia (L-1)
: Fishy Logic, Amrun, eth0s
RadiantCowbells, GuiltyLion, Dannflor, Lovebir
FL/??? is all I got right now
Last edited by Blatant Scum on Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:08 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

fehhhh
In post 208, eth0s wrote:
In post 206, eth0s wrote:
In post 203, RadiantCowbells wrote:Eth0s does nothing all game besides shade me then when I say that there's going to be consequence to shitpushing me he comes up with a big wallpost to spew himself town and preemptively establishes that we should "policy lynch" me for it. Not even lynch me because I'm scum which he claims to believe (and which has consequences when I flip town), straight policy lynch.
actually I responded to things as I read them (as I do in nearly every game). So I hadn't even seen your whiney gamethrow post until after I made the wallpost that had nothing to do with you. So you're wrong.
also "nothing all game besides shade you" is so wrong it actually hurts me. 2 lines about you doesn't constitute my whole play. You tried to poke the bear by calling me scummy for no reason, and now you wanna play victim. I don't get you man.
didn't you similarly "poke the bear" with ?

I feel FL was trying to stir shit between eth0s and RC with their and so I woulda preferred them as lynch option but I guess in this 1v1 I'm currently leaning towards voting eth0s as I think RC does have a valid point about the "policy lynch" phrasing

however at the same time I don't really agree with bc I think QC's page 9 was townie and I could envision a town!eth0s townreading them after that
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:10 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 220, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote:I lean Guilty Lion as town due to . It has a lot of reasoning and he also argues against claims that my first post was somehow "bad," which is so ridiculous (I've already explained before that I literally did not read a single post in the thread before making it, which is extremely plausible.)
also I'm not sure if it's really all that relevant but I wanna clear the air here - I wasn't defending you with my , I thought some of your early posts about it being a TvT duel and justifying getting rid of NM were weak posts and my point was that I don't blame people for scumreading them in the way that eth0s seemed to be. I appreciate the townread :P but I do think you misunderstood something in my post there.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (isolation #20) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:25 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

not especially strong ones - felt kinda honest to me as well in the way he expressed that he wasn't townreading QC as much as he implied

I think your push on him would look infinitely better if he flips scum (stating the obvious I guess) cause on one hand I do get it, but if he's town then that throwaway RC comment is easy to Make A Huge Deal Out Of when I'm not sure that it really warranted that
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (isolation #21) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I get that on your end RC but I'm still gonna do what I do and try to play with one eye open to what may be happening if eth0s isn't scum
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:36 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I do also agree that the lovebird shading / duel suggestion seems like a scumread born out of convenience than genuine suspicion

yeah FL, like I said I do get it. I might be overly cautious and eth0s is just scum. I do think I'm voting there in this duel.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (isolation #23) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:42 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

also this is a bit silly but I somehow didn't pay much attention to on first/second pass and that post makes a lot of this push feel townier to me

VOTE: eth0s
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (isolation #24) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

do you really think the game is ruined? I don't agree with that
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (isolation #25) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:44 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 287, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote:RC started game throwing on page 6.
VOTE: RC.
I don't like doing it, but it's half policy lynch (open game throwing) and half my best solve being RC/Lovebird.
If he's scum then how is he gamethrowing

If he's town then how is he gamethrowing

Like I can forgive eth0s for calling it "gamethrowing" since if he's scum he's trying to AtE to save himself and if he's town then he's probably tilted by being dueled against RC and
knowing
it's a bad push. but the way you are repeating his claim is off bc it's really not gamethrowing to push someone you genuinely think is scum and I don't see why you'd assume town!RC isn't genuinely scumreading eth0s
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (isolation #26) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:17 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 319, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote:
In post 317, Fishy Logic wrote:Oh, you also hadn't answered . Would bw lovely to actually hear your thought processes here.

-L
As I've said before, I think this whole duel is purely emotional now instead of being based on any in depth reasoning, so I've shifted off of any assumptions based on it. That could change after a flip.
I don't really understand your answer here or your . Why would you stay out of a duel? What if RC is town and emotional about being shaded but it turns out eth0s is still scum regardless? And why do you dismiss "in depth reasoning" when RC did give several explicit reasons as to why he was dueling eth0s?

and if it's legit TvT shouldn't you be trying to figure out how scum is going to navigate it? I don't understand what's motivating you to excuse yourself from participating
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (isolation #27) » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:27 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

feh I don't feel very confident in my game state view right now

I think I'm most strongly town reading Dann and Amrun. RC I'm townreading because I see where he's come from with all his posts, that's not generally a great reason to townread somebody (let alone RC) but I don't think he's more likely scum than the rest of the field.

FL I also see where their mindset is at but it keeps pinging me at times that they're arguing for the sake of arguing rather than really focusing on what's likely to be indicative - like arguing with eth0s after he was already lynched almost got to the point of taunting and I didn't see the point of that from a town perspective.

my gut says to lynch QC today cause I don't think their treatment of the duel was likely uninformed, they seemed overly confident it was TvT and I think that's more likely to come from scum
knowing
it's TvT. but not gonna vote yet because I want to reread and keep thinking
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (isolation #28) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:21 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm reading up now
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (isolation #29) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:29 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 427, Dannflor wrote:GL, why do you town read me?
generally I've been following along with the intent behind all your questions and I haven't thought anything you've asked of anyone or any read/thought you've expressed has felt disingenuous. Then the strongest reason I had for town reading you was your post-lynch engagement with eth0s, the way you pushed him to explain his QC townread in didn't strike as scum-motivated bc if he has a really solid case for town!QC then that's taking a mislynch away from you as scum.

idk writing this out made me kinda doubt myself but so far I just haven't ever gotten any scumvibes from what you've done this game and I don't think it's time yet to indulge in paranoia
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (isolation #30) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 450, Lovebird wrote:
Quantifiable Conundrum (L-2)
: Amrun, Fishy Logic
Lovebird (L-3)
: Quantifiable Conundrum
RadiantCowbells, GuiltyLion, Dannflor, Lovebird
In post 423, GuiltyLion wrote:I think I'm most strongly town reading Dann and Amrun. RC I'm townreading because I see where he's come from with all his posts, that's not generally a great reason to townread somebody (let alone RC) but I don't think he's more likely scum than the rest of the field.
Can you explain Amrun

I didn't see it in your ISO.
Originally I think I was influenced by her defending me and positioning herself against FL early game - don't think that'd be necessary as scum - and posts like and feel transparent. The way she was pushing on QC for townreading me also vibed to me as a genuine line of inquiry. Again similar to Dann though this is kind of a stale read now and I know it's not like the most ironclad reason to townread somebody so I'm going to reassess my thoughts after reading through what I've missed and see if I feel I need to re-evaluate further
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (isolation #31) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:45 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 543, RadiantCowbells wrote:Pretty good chance GL is scum who is fucking off like he did when I replaced into the last game.
In post 544, RadiantCowbells wrote:Just to confirm I took a look at GLs post rate while I was present last game and while I wasn't and this game is reasonably similar to his post rate after I subbed into nomination and way below what it was before
you could just look at my activity sitewide

I had literally no time at all yesterday. It has nothing to do with this particular game
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (isolation #32) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 588, Dannflor wrote:
In post 423, GuiltyLion wrote:FL I also see where their mindset is at but it keeps pinging me at times that they're arguing for the sake of arguing rather than really focusing on what's likely to be indicative - like arguing with eth0s after he was already lynched almost got to the point of taunting and I didn't see the point of that from a town perspective.
Also just reread this but this is really bad read imo
why?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (isolation #33) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:52 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 557, Fishy Logic wrote:VOTE: GL
choo choo
-L
why did you go from townreading me in to voting me?

who are your townreads??

alright here's where I'm at after having caught up and thought for a minute or two

I think QC is just scum and that's why this game state is stagnating. I think FL makes a lot of sense as a partner. I didn't like FL's engagement with RC a few pages back. I think Amrun is town and Lovebird and RC are town. I think Dann is likely town but if FL is town he'd be my most likely PoE candidate.

VOTE: Quantifiable Conundrum
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (isolation #34) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 548, RadiantCowbells wrote:I think GL would make more sense, 'it would be funny if QC were scum' into calling other people out for townreading him into townreading him himself into calling him scum but sidelining it
I also think you're making the same mistake here when we're both town where you assume because I have shitty interactions with a slot that you think is scum that I'm probably the partner where like, I have shitty and sloppy interactions with scummy slots far more often as town because I'm genuinely waffling and trying to figure shit out and doubting myself based on thread currents and other players. it's giving me the same vibes as that vig micro with NSG and shaddowez/Fumuki scum team.

I really think if I were scum with QC I wouldn't make an awkward comment like that at the beginning of the game, I'd be too scared to
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (isolation #35) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:26 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 618, Dannflor wrote:
In post 612, GuiltyLion wrote:I don't think it's time yet to indulge in paranoia
When would you consider it time to start being paranoid about me?
well I was gonna say if QC flips town or if QC flips scum and FL flips town, but now after answering your second question I'm kinda already starting to doubt myself, see below
In post 619, Dannflor wrote:What didn't you like about FL's engagement with RC? I town read that
I thought the way they disengaged felt antagonistic and the questions they were asking RC weren't useful

but! then when rereading it just now I think I might be wrong about that latter point. I didn't understand why they were trying to get RC to engage with Lovebird's meta case on QC but on reflection just now when going back and quoting, it does make sense from the uninformed town perspective where they think QC is scum and RC isn't voting there

sooo I dunno. I think I'm starting to hit the same problem that whoever's town in {Dann/FL/RC} are having where it's not clear to me who is QC's partner. My gut says FL but my brain says that's not right. I think maybe I should be more suspicious of RC but the way he's been treating my slot does feel in line with his usual town game and I still think FL's flip from townreading me to voting me after RC is opportunistic and needs to be explained
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (isolation #36) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Radiant why is QC town?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (isolation #37) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 615, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 588, Dannflor wrote:
In post 423, GuiltyLion wrote:FL I also see where their mindset is at but it keeps pinging me at times that they're arguing for the sake of arguing rather than really focusing on what's likely to be indicative - like arguing with eth0s after he was already lynched almost got to the point of taunting and I didn't see the point of that from a town perspective.
Also just reread this but this is really bad read imo
why?
Also Dann I do want an answer to this
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (isolation #38) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:56 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I only trust Amrun right now and I think anybody turbo dueling is scum claiming
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (isolation #39) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:14 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 278, Blatant Scum wrote:
Quantifiable Conundrum (0)

Not_Mafia (4) -
Fishy Logic
, Amrun,
eth0s
, RadiantCowbells
Not Voting (3) -
GuiltyLion, Dannflor,
Lovebird
In post 420, Blatant Scum wrote:
Radiant Cowbells (0)

eth0s (4) -
GuiltyLion, Amrun,
Fishy Logic
, Dannflor
Not Voting (2) -
Lovebird
, Quantifiable Conundrum
In post 836, Blatant Scum wrote:
Quantifiable Conundrum (2) -
Amrun, GuiltyLion
Lovebird (4) -
Quantifiable Conundrum, Radiant Cowbells, Dannflor,
Fishy Logic

Not Voting (6) -
Lovebird
I'm trying to figure out if this rules out any teams for me. I think it does make RC/Amrun less likely but honestly that's about all I think I can really glean from this without starting to let my pre-existing reads come into play.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (isolation #40) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:19 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I really don't see any reason to townread QC. I think RC/Dann's interactions on the Lovebird lynch weren't theatre-y
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (isolation #41) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:23 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Amrun why RC as the partner over Dann?

I'm waffling a lot on that one and FMPOV it feels like both of them tried at various points to set me up as the fall guy if QC got flipped
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (isolation #42) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:00 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 217, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote:
In post 128, Fishy Logic wrote:
In post 126, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote:I read him as town because this move doesn't make sense for scum. If I lose,
he probably gets killed
and he just really hurt scum.
Doesn't this by same logic mean that that move makes no sense for Town either?

-L
In post 181, Fishy Logic wrote:
In post 176, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote:NM should be dead by now because we don't lose anything if he dies other than a chance to lynch someone who hasn't done anything.
I don't see what scummy things I've done other than...prod dodge at the very beginning of the game? Which I think is pretty fair since you don't exactly know when the timer will start running.
I just used the quick reply at the bottom, I didn't read the thread at all
I guess I can give my reads elsewhere if people want, but I've been preoccupied with this duel. I think that's pretty understandable.
What's up with you getting so defensive here? It was said that lynching NM is the correct play but that there's no rush.
And can you answer ?

-L
Yeah, but I feel like a scum player wouldn't do this since there's a pretty big difference between thoughtlessly doing some sort of super risky strat when there are 7 people vs. 2. If you straight up ruin someone's game like that, that can have some real social repercussions and it is arguably throwing the game. It could lead to future policy lynches. But if there are 7 people and we lose anyway, the responsibility is split amongst us all and there will certainly be other places/people who will make mistakes too.
In post 219, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote:
In post 180, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 179, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote:
In post 175, Not_Mafia wrote:
Quantifiable Conundrum (L-4)
: noone
Not_Mafia (L-2)
: Fishy Logic, Amrun
RadiantCowbells, GuiltyLion, Dannflor, Lovebird, eth0s
I want to lynch Amrun because she's stuck in 2011
In post 178, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 177, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote:Oh, and NM wants to do some more joke policy lynches. Look out Amrun, there's a duel coming your way soon if NM lives.
Why would I try and lynch Amrun when FishyLogic is scum?
Because you just said so.

This is the alternative guys, this guy or me.
I said I wanted to, not that I would
So far all you've done is duel someone for no reason whatsoever on a whim, so I'm going to take the liberty of disregarding this defense, and I encourage everyone else to do so too.
In post 193, eth0s wrote:actually fishy logic's posting is really bad and consistent with what I know from scum!FF so I'm getting scumpings there, too.

For the record I'm totally cool with policy'ing NM in this duel
Please do so, I would like to actually begin to solve the game, and this duel has just been a giant distraction so far.

@Dann I think it was mainly these two posts, I thought the reasoning in the first post sounded like it was authentic town mindset for townreading NM and the snark in the second post gave me cheeky town vibes.

in hindsight those reasons aren't great but I was only light reading and going with gut impressions when I made
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (isolation #43) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:55 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm gonna try to effort this game a little bit tonight btw
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (isolation #44) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 657, RadiantCowbells wrote:If Lovebird were town they would have brought up my historical read accuracy on them when I was pushing them. "Lol maybe town wouldn't believe me" is not an answer for why they didn't. Them not wanting to give more ammunition to my push on them is.

I'm also thinking that someone who has experience with me and who would use this kind of interaction pattern with me is their buddy but that's not a huge narrow down.

Dann why the fuck did you scumread my slot in Forest fire
so this Radiant post I dislike

bc the logic of "if Lovebird were town they would have done [x specific thing]" is easily fallible and I believe town!Radiant understands that

I think as either alignment he was getting carried away with casing Lovebird here but the logic in this post pings me as significantly artificial
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (isolation #45) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 587, Dannflor wrote:I think GL going from "QC is newb scum if scum" to town reading QC to wanting to lynch QC today

is very partnery
on the other hand, this is the post I was referring to when I said it felt like Dann was setting me up to be the fall guy on a QC scumflip - altogether I think Dann was more vocal in scumreading/partner-speccing QC whereas Radiant was generally wholly dismissive of the idea of QC!scum. Which in some ways makes me think Dann makes more sense as a buddy because he's giving himself more angles if QC goes down and seems more cognizant of QC's scumminess. If Dann strongly believed this is indicative then why does he wind up voting Lovebird at EOD?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #858 (isolation #46) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:12 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also quick mechanics aside - it's optimal to eventually duel today though, right? Like I don't want any yolodueling without significant conversation but don't we get potentially two extra lynches if we duel mafia correctly? TvS duel leading to S lynch means 3T1S alive, then we could do another duel and if that one is resolved incorrectly it becomes 3p LYLO. So I do think dueling today is the right play if I'm understanding the setup right
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (isolation #47) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 600, RadiantCowbells wrote:
Quantifiable Conundrum (L-3)
: Amrun
Lovebird (L-3)
: Quantifiable Conundrum
Guilty Lion(L-2)
: Fishy Logic, RadiantCowbells
GuiltyLion, Dannflor, Lovebird
Wait who calls their own thing extremely plausible lol
In post 607, RadiantCowbells wrote:I do think FL is scum ~more of the time~ than Amrun ftr
if I may indulge in WIFOMy NKA, this post also makes me lean Dann over Radiant for a QC buddy. I think RC was confidently townreading FL most of the time but there was a tiny bit of paranoia here, whereas Dann was basically always townreading FL and asking anybody and everybody who was scumreading that slot why they thought it was scum. I think scum!Dann is more likely to NK Fishy than scum!RC because he's more likely to think Fishy is obvtown. I still don't really feel FL was obvtown and frankly I was a little relieved they were NK'd as opposed to Amrun
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (isolation #48) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:21 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

oops, didn't mean to quote but it's a good post that I was thinking about replying to, I dunno how I missed the "extremely plausible" thing either but yeah QC feels like obvscum
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (isolation #49) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:38 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

how will that question help you sort me? I'll answer it but I'm kinda suspicious you're fishing for things to push me on. I gave some reasons for townreading her yesterday and while I do still need to do due diligence there and rethink her play this game, she's the person who's never pinged me in any way and ending the day voting QC looks really town from her if QC is scum. if QC is town there's a lot more room for scum!Amrun but we're likely pretty screwed at that point already
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #869 (isolation #50) » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'd like to hear it
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #937 (isolation #51) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:13 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 900, Dannflor wrote:I'll be the first one to admit I've done absolutely nothing noteworthy this game

which is why I keep coming back to this post and this "strong confident town read"
In post 423, GuiltyLion wrote:I think I'm most strongly town reading Dann and Amrun.
Because I just don't understand why it exists at this point in the game
why would it exist if I'm scum?

I'm a sucker for your tone I guess, regardless of whatever alignment you are this game
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #939 (isolation #52) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:14 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 901, Dannflor wrote:Also, at risk of GL complaining that I'm looking for reasons to push him, I don't find this post genuine. GL had FL as his top scum read since the beginning of the game, yet suddenly he pivots to voting QC despite spending the majority of this post pressing FL. I don't understand the thought process behind dropping his push on FL in favor of QC... because the game state is stagnating?
I was still trying to sort FL with those questions, not "push" them. I didn't want to lynch FL I wanted to lynch QC. FL I repeatedly waffled on and you kept calling that a bad read as well
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (isolation #53) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:16 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

p-edit @ Dann - what "solve" are you referring to? I don't think I ever felt particularly confident in my read on FL or my read on this game at any point
In post 919, Dannflor wrote:my only concern is making sure I don't get lynched before GL / QC

if one of them flips town then whatever I'm fine losing this game
I am happy to agree to be lynched in 4p provided we lynch QC in 5p first so have fun with that 3p LYLO if you want lol
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (isolation #54) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:17 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

like I literally never voted FL so where are you getting that I wanted to Lynch them before wanting to sort them?

p-edit: that looks like a solve to you??
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #951 (isolation #55) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:20 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

if we can all agree that Amrun is a consensus townread and QC is a consensus scumread and we're all willing to lose to teams w/out QC scum, then I think mechanically this becomes straightforward, somebody duels QC and we Lynch him, Dann and I can duel for 4p and hopefully that result is illuminating regardless of who is lynched. If Amrun/RC are both town I trust them to Lynch Dann in 3p, if Dann/Amrun are town it'll be an uphill battle but at least you'll have a lot to sort RC/Dann on based on how they engage with me.

@Dann if it's not you then it's QC/RC I think
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #954 (isolation #56) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:21 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I have to agree that I don't have a convincing reason to scumread RC/Amrun over you

which means if we're both town this is a problem, but I don't see a way out of it until one of us gets to 3p
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #955 (isolation #57) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:22 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I assumed the 4p duel would have to be 2 players unanimously voting on the lynch
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #958 (isolation #58) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:24 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I kinda feel like if RC/Amrun were on opposite teams then RC wouldn't townread Amrun

@RC - you don't think you'd be able to show why you're town over Dann in 3p, especially if Dann champions my mislynch here?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (isolation #59) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:34 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Dann what are your thoughts on LYLO with you, Amrun, and RC? You said you don't want to lynch RC in LYLO but you also said Amrun is a mutual townread between us. like just assume QC scum flipped and then I town flipped, how would you look back at the interactions between RC/QC and the interactions between RC/Amrun that are playing out right now?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (isolation #60) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:35 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

also I do wanna go back and answer that question somebody asked about Amrun voting QC EOD yesterday cause that was a fair question but I don't think my view changed on reading it
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #973 (isolation #61) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:39 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

hmmm

right now it feels like only Amrun could be buddying me
and that only Dann is buddying RC

so this game may come down to RC deciding between Amrun/Dann

and this is all assuming QC is confscum at this point and not just game throwing by doing nothing in LYLO
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #974 (isolation #62) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:39 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

or Dann deciding between Amrun/RC

I don't know how I can help the three of you in 3p LYLO nor whether I'm happy with how it's going to go
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (isolation #63) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:50 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I guess here's where I'm spinning my wheels

Dann/QC feels like the easy Occam's solve

but Dann isn't fighting very hard for life in the 3p LYLO yet, even after I'm volunteering to be the safe 4p lynch

I guess maybe he could be banking on Amrun-RC fight taking over and letting him win, but if he's scum he's putting himself out there by trying so proactively to find reasons to "sort"/Lynch me and FMPOV it's just dirtying his own slot for no reason. so is he just going through motions cause he knows he has to or is he truly town here and something else funky is going on
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (isolation #64) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:53 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 958, GuiltyLion wrote:I kinda feel like if RC/Amrun were on opposite teams then RC wouldn't townread Amrun
Dann what do you think about this

if town!RC scum!Amrun, why isn't RC picking up on scum!Amrun?

if scum!RC town!Amrun, why is RC townreading Amrun prior to a seemingly inevitable 1v1 with Amrun? I guess he's winning that rn based on your posts but do you think this is the angle he takes to get there?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #992 (isolation #65) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:59 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 649, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote:
In post 644, Dannflor wrote:QC, who is scum besides Lovebird?
I'd say either Amrun or GL are the most likely.
In post 648, Lovebird wrote:Does QC even have real scumread? Don't think so.
I strongly SR you and I've backed up the logic behind it. We've been over this.
oh jeez what if it is QC/Amrun
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #994 (isolation #66) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:04 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

to be clear I still am absolutely the lynch in 4p especially if I decide to hard pivot here and conclude that Amrun is actually scum

and I need to do some work for a bit

but I do kinda want to reread the game and see if I've just been bamboozled because it's starting to feel like Amrun/QC makes more sense than Dann/QC or RC/QC

no objections to dueling QC
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (isolation #67) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:11 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm not scum
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1019 (isolation #68) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:03 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

welp
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1021 (isolation #69) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:03 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

WHAT ARE THE ODDS THAT AMRUN/RC ARE SCUM TOGETHER IN TWO DIFFERENT GAMES

not gonna lie I was straight up gambler's fallacy-ing that possibility
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1027 (isolation #70) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:07 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I have been absolutely terrible since taking a break from Mafia

not that I wasn't necessarily terrible before, but jeez
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1036 (isolation #71) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:12 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I was thinking the Lovebird push/lynch really felt scum motivated by RC in some way but at the same time it made no sense as partners with QC so that wound up blinding me

and yeah, thank you BS, this was a fun setup and a smooth game.

The VC editing onto whatever post is page top is interesting, I don't really have a problem with it from a readability perspective but it does make it hard to ISO the mod and see mid-day VCs
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (isolation #72) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:32 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Blatant did you release the Mafia chat?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”