Micro 910: Autobattler Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

First

I'm beautiful!
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Asriel Dreemurr

He should know why
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

I've never played with Asriel Dreemurr before. I was hoping he'd either guess the reason he was being voted was:
I serially mod Undertale setups and he doesn't sign up
or
He lacks every type except the best one
The healer path seems strongest by a lot
RVS might be my only chance to indulge the mechanical fun, though, because the setup is balanced enough that it's best to just lynch your scumreads.

I liked Flub's popin.
VOTE: shos
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

I hope not
Hi CheekyTeeky can we be friends
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:13 am

Post by popsofctown »

We are both Gods and both Attackers. If Attackers wins maybe we will spend a good long time together.

Dr. Drew if I found an image of your avatar that was less pixelated would you use it?
It's been starting to bug me, there's nothing wrong with the avatar as an image of Doctor Drew but yours has lots of jags for some reason.

I know he hasn't posted yet

But I anticipate that he will
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

God is massively weaker when a Mafiosi has perished.

Even when both mafia are alive, it has an escape mechanic which is a scumsided advantage that's not reflected by EV.

I think the most interesting feature is that Attacker is maybe a bit weak, overall. Especially since the mafia do get 1 nightkill no matter what, and the first nightkill is the most useful one.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:42 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 49, Asriel Dreemurr wrote:
In post 3, Dunnstral wrote:
Cards
Pyrrha Nikos
- Crimson Lotus Empress, Echidna - Sara :
Healer
Devil
Attacker

popsofctown
- White Swan War Goddess, Valkyrie - Ciel :
Healer
God
Attacker

Doctor Drew
- Four Leaf Clover Princess, Thumbelina:
Attacker
Healer

Flubbernugget
- Pitch Black Night Princess, Lilith:
Healer
Devil

CheekyTeeky
- Five Virtues' One-Eyed God, Date Masamune:
God
Attacker
Doesn't tiebreak?
It tiebreaks, Dunnstral paraphrased the tiebreak explanation I wrote in the open setup design to the point that it's less clear:
This example set of five potentially creates a HEALER set and potentially creates an ATTACKER set. The cantidates are HEALER+ATTACKER.
To break the tie, look at the character whose identity is "HEALER/ATTACKER".
That character is Thumbelina.
Thumbelina prefers attacker so the answer is attacker.
Flubbernugget is ignored because it's not a question between Healer versus Devil.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

He didn't like paraphrase in a misleading way, he just mentioned that the dominant traits would provide tiebreaking without explaining how they would do so.
That is how they do so. It can be good for a setup to be succinct.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Sitewide I'm perceived as a strong player but it's a basket of lies.

I know that Pyrhha Nikos has some amount of veterancy but I don't know about her proficiency/reputation
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

54 looks like a townpost

but Eve's new avatar is way scummier than her old one

this is stressful

pedit: I am a town goddess
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think people's avatars impact my reads whether I want them to or not. I always want to lynch teacher because his avatar is a Guy Fawkes mask. If your avatar was Pandora you'd probably become lynchproof to me. I have never selfvoted since I adopted my current avatar, not even a jester selfvote
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Scholarship Student Isis actually has darkness as her secondary attribute.

But we don't have to tell anyone ok?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I use paint and crop to something that is an exact multiple of 100x100, then minimize it down to 100x100. I don't know whether advanced image tools like gimp or photoshop can work with squares that are not exact multiples or whether that is fundamentally impossible.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 64, Eve wrote:your avatar is from a candy crush type game? that's amazing how much fanart that character has haha
Puzzles and Dragons is very very popular in Japan and less popular in the west so that's why you might have your expectations surprised.

The characters for this game, including Pandora, are also Puzzles and Dragons. I tried to use characters from an actual autobattler at first but most autobattler characters only have 2 types and about a third of Puzzles and Dragons characters have 3.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 65, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 56, popsofctown wrote:Sitewide I'm perceived as a strong player but it's a basket of lies.

I know that Pyrhha Nikos has some amount of veterancy but I don't know about her proficiency/reputation
Hey Pops, you know me, this is an alt. I think I’m officially more lost here than I was in that TK game. That’s why I usually play in a hydra in these kinds of games.
Who's your main?

The type overlaps are more interesting with 3 types, but for everyone to have 3 types and for the numbers to work right the setup would have had to be designed as a mini or large.

pedit: wow, mean, if you know me at all you know I'm terrible at althunting.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Oh it's RC

Should have known something this close to nightless would have attracted RC
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 75, Eve wrote:
In post 72, popsofctown wrote:
In post 64, Eve wrote:your avatar is from a candy crush type game? that's amazing how much fanart that character has haha
Puzzles and Dragons is very very popular in Japan and less popular in the west so that's why you might have your expectations surprised.

The characters for this game, including Pandora, are also Puzzles and Dragons. I tried to use characters from an actual autobattler at first but most autobattler characters only have 2 types and about a third of Puzzles and Dragons characters have 3.
oh wow you created this setup? you didn't even include yourself as one of the characters imagine if you rolled yourself
My avatar is from a special pool of PAD characters, I tried to include only ones from the core set of PAD characters in the setup, for symmetry/being more fair.
I had very little ability to play favorites with that restriction, there was often only one option that had the right types. Pandora was the only option for God/Healer/Devil, but I would have picked her even if there were twenty choices since that's the one I named my kitten after.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Pyrhha Nikos's avatar looks like it's from fire emblem and RadiantCowbells likes Fire Emblem.

It's probably RC.

Can you learn to townread me for once RC?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 88, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 86, popsofctown wrote:Pyrhha Nikos's avatar looks like it's from fire emblem and RadiantCowbells likes Fire Emblem.

It's probably RC.

Can you learn to townread me for once RC?
Stop trolling me. LMAO
Town!RC pretty much always gets killed night 1, so we should be sure not to lynch a Devil, Healer, or Attacker today if we are interested in the corresponding route.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm not ready to end the day

For one thing you seem like the likely N1 kill and you've been a joy
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (isolation #20) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Eve seems pretty townie and I think that's more important than her apparent pessimism about her own player skill.

No I don't really think you're RC but you've killed the joke.

I wasn't in Stellaris so that doesn't help me, I don't know why you think I was in Stellaris.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 58, popsofctown wrote:54 looks like a townpost

but Eve's new avatar is way scummier than her old one

this is stressful

pedit: I am a town goddess
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 102, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 54, Eve wrote:sh0s is probably scum, i think (maybe?), i have a feelling (kind of?) could be - possibly

asked a bunch of questions didn't try to answer them himself then asked a STRONG question with ALL CAPS on the word "possibly" to Asriel - don't know why that's scummy but it feels scummy you know, maybe because i dislike the certainty of pushing the notion it's ridiculous to have something to say on page 1 of day 1 in this crazy setup
Help me see it Pops.
I think it is correct/valid to push on shos for being overly righteous. It's, like, objectively correct that Asriel was being dumb by playing close to the vest in a PRless vanilla setup, but shos doesn't link it to a scum wincon. I like scumreading people for trying to be right about something instead of sorting motivations.
Eve didn't articulate it that way so much so maybe I'm giving her too much credit, but she did claim she wasn't sure why it was scummy.
pedit: some of the diction is too scummy to be scummy also tbh, such a bizarre number of indecisive adjectives and adverbs in the opening line
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Requiring one card to be on the scumteam reduces analysis paralysis for the scumteam. It's a lot easier to pick a first move on an assymetric board like risk rather than a symmetric board like Go.
It has very minimal impact on balance
Pedit: am I gonna have to finish that second pacifist run
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Hahaha

I'm one of the biggest proponents on site for designing setups to be more scumsided

But that was pregame.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

https://imgur.com/GKthC0s

This looks a lot better imo.

Resizing in gimp was a lot less jaggy
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (isolation #26) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I TR Eve's push on shos more than I think it actually pushes shos into scum equity
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (isolation #27) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Better question: Cheeky are we not friends anymore, I thought we were friends???
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (isolation #28) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Remember in Role Call when I townblocced with you and told everyone you were so towny it'd be a waste if you got the friendly neighbor and we won in 3 straight scum lynches because I sheeped all your reads
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (isolation #29) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It's such a special bond
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (isolation #30) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

pops or Eve?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (isolation #31) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Why do you scumread her?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (isolation #32) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I interpreted 154 to mean that, in the net result, she should not be townread.

You could mean that my reason for giving her townpoints is fundamentally flawed, though
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (isolation #33) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

What did I lie about? besides crafting a history between us even better than the one we actually have
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (isolation #34) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 165, Eve wrote:stop calling me town i don't appreciate these dirty tactics to get me night killed - you are Asriel

i don't like how Cheeky talked to pops - the way she unvoted pops after pops guilt tripped her and then hopped back on for what reason?
My description of rolecall was completely counterfactual, FYI. I expected to be corrected publicly
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (isolation #35) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:28 am

Post by popsofctown »

Flowey is locktown he is explaining how I should move towards the dots to collect love
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (isolation #36) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

I still don't know her main but I'm starting not to care
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (isolation #37) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm not sure that's right, but I'm sure Asriel believes it, which means he can't be scum with Eve!
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (isolation #38) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

Asriel can't be scum with Eve because he would have given her the Attacker type so that she can encounter the endgame that is best for scum.

Yog Sothoth appears as a card in both PAD and some tabletop games because all of HP Lovecraft's writings are open domain
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (isolation #39) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:44 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm worried that I'm not townreading Eve even harder since she usually seems townie at a baseline. I think I might need to townbin asriel moreso than her after applying handicaps
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (isolation #40) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

So I messed up? You are scum with Eve?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (isolation #41) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Asriel Dreemur
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (isolation #42) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:55 am

Post by popsofctown »

you're ruining my reaction testing
have you even shampooed that hair?
pedit: I think sh0s might be town even though he seems like scum, just like yog sothoth
pedit pedit: but asriel is fun too tbh
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (isolation #43) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm hoping to hear some more from Drew and flubb
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (isolation #44) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 223, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 206, popsofctown wrote:Asriel can't be scum with Eve because he would have given her the Attacker type so that she can encounter the endgame that is best for scum.

Yog Sothoth appears as a card in both PAD and some tabletop games because all of HP Lovecraft's writings are open domain
Can you explain all of this to me please? How the cards all work?
A bonus is activated when five players alive, based on the characteristics of the players alive

Since Eve does not have the attacker type, it is unlikely that there will be 4 attackers alive if she is one of the 5 players alive (it'd have to be everyone but her).

That means she is unlikely to play the version of the game that gets the bonus "Attacker: the rest of the game is nightless"

Asriel thinks that bonus is the best bonus for the scum so it's unlikely he failed to grant that bonus to his teammate.

He pointed out the 12.5% chance the scumteam had to use that card which is very nitpicky and petty and I'm not sure whether to dumbread or scumread it but it was upsetting enough to me that I voted him. It felt like him shading me for something that should seem earnest to him
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (isolation #45) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:25 am

Post by popsofctown »

Tonguey in Cheeky?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (isolation #46) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:55 am

Post by popsofctown »

needs new avatar

I don't need anything specific just a more wellrounded roster if I can get it.

I slept like 14 hours straight yesterday
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (isolation #47) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Flubbernugget
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (isolation #48) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm trying to make excitement flourish

Actives seem too towny in general
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (isolation #49) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I propose that we don't lynch randomly.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (isolation #50) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Doctor Drew
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (isolation #51) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Eve asriel shos and pyra
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (isolation #52) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think it's really hard to get a strong townread on RC this early
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (isolation #53) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I noticed that, but I couldn't figure out how she wins a scumgame by townreading everyone? It just paints you into a corner to do that.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (isolation #54) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by popsofctown »

141 is very IioA

He doesn't have much presence

I think he's scum
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (isolation #55) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

We lose a really strong card if we lynch him :( oh well!
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (isolation #56) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I nullread that post at best

Flub is refuting me in 152, it seems surprising to me that you would expect me to townread someone as they're gunning me down.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (isolation #57) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Uh, calling something IioA kind of is calling it nothing.

Pyrrha I don't see you in CoC1. RC
Enigma
is in it though so maybe that's what has you confused about whether you participated in that game
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (isolation #58) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You only have one vote.

But you have two cheeks.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (isolation #59) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

That's such an awful reason to vote someone.

Do you think someone, as scum, would cast a vote onto an L-3 wagon and state the deadline is 90% sooner than it really is, and expect to successfully get a hammer?
Isn't it simpler to believe she misread the deadline as either alignment?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (isolation #60) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 275, CheekyTeeky wrote:Pops I feel like I have a problem with reading you. Why do I seem to always scumread you?
Haven't we only played one game? I scumread you also, in it
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (isolation #61) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 282, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 277, popsofctown wrote:That's such an awful reason to vote someone.

Do you think someone, as scum, would cast a vote onto an L-3 wagon and state the deadline is 90% sooner than it really is, and expect to successfully get a hammer?
Isn't it simpler to believe she misread the deadline as either alignment?
Yeah, I suppose but there’s also her sr me for not understanding the setup. Do you believe she really sr me for that?
I agree with the concept, "I don't think town!Eve scumreads Pyrrha for not understanding the setup", but looking at the same post, we have the subsequent concept, "I don't think scum!Eve cultreads pops for liking Yog Sothoth in a setup with no cults". Eve seems to be goofing around to try to make something happen I think which is towny
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (isolation #62) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm townreading everyone else, largely

I don't see volxen in that game

I'm just gonna go back to deciding you're RC

The mafia sometimes only get 1 NK so I'll have to policy lynch you day 2 if it's too strange that you're alive
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (isolation #63) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 286, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 248, Eve wrote:
why is Pyrrha so confused? the setup isn't that complicated - i kinda don't buy it

pops thinks Yog-Sothoth is town even though he seems like scum? sounds like cultist mentality to me

@Dunnstral: could a cult be in this game?

VOTE: Pyrhha
@Pops, she is literally saying she doesn’t believe me.
I guess I kind of see your point. If I take it on its face as an earnest post instead of memeing it's a scummy angle. I kind of had a too wolfy to be wolf interpretation on that way of looking at it.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (isolation #64) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Oh I think I know who you are now
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (isolation #65) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Ok, the tl;dr of this setups is
D1 you lynch whoever you want.
N1 the scum will shoot somebody.
When we go into D2 some characteristics will be knocked down to only 3 people have that characteristic, those "endings" will be impossible. The scum will get to pick ones to knock out with the NK.
Some people in D2, we won't be able to lynch without messing up the characteristics to where we don't get a helpful bonus. So we won't lynch them, even if they're super scummy it'd be better to put it off a day, because day 2 isn't LyLo (because there's no Night 2 kill).
Some people in D2 we'll be able to lynch and trigger one of the bonuses, most of the time each possible lynchee will give a different bonus. So we will balance how scummy someone seems against how some of the bonuses are a little better than others, that's the interesting part.
After that the setup is vanilla aside from using the bonus, so getting to use the cop shot together or removing the nightkills or the other two.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (isolation #66) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

There are two kind of alts
-Secret alts that haven't altslipped yet
-alts that are very interested in everyone's meta including their own
I have not found any other kinds
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (isolation #67) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:55 am

Post by popsofctown »

299 made me laugh so hard
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (isolation #68) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

Eve Pyrrha is TvT

Maybe this setup is too easy for town because at least one has to survive N1
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (isolation #69) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:22 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 303, Eve wrote:pops i've noticed you reply to people very quickly sometimes after gaps of inactivity - how do you turn on notifications and do they show all posts or new activity (ideal)?
Subscriptions will make an email whenever theres a new post but I don't use that. If you did you could get an alert on your phone when there's a post, that's intense.

I bookmark the games I'm alive in and check my "bookmarks" page frequently. In chrome the link is a different color if there are posts I haven't read and a certain color if I've read everything.

I check my bookmark page lots
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (isolation #70) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 300, Eve wrote:Cheeky's kinda cheeky with how she's been voting me but also defending me and i disagree with saying the flubber post is towny
Do you think maybe it's a tmi?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (isolation #71) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: CheekyTeeky
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (isolation #72) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:06 am

Post by popsofctown »

It's tmi because it's mystifying to find a townread in that iso
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (isolation #73) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

Because the townread necessarily must be faked
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (isolation #74) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

It was a low information stage scumread

ftr your locktownread is hardlurking
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (isolation #75) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 323, CheekyTeeky wrote:I don't correlate activity with alignment. How is that AI as opposed to the other low posters/"hard lurkers"
I actually don't think you two can be scum together, so he's probably town. The hard lurking is what makes it implausible that he's still your top townread rather than being a QED that he's scum
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (isolation #76) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:44 am

Post by popsofctown »

If you think it's scummy to have lots of townreads early in the game why aren't you unhappy with Pyrhha?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (isolation #77) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:53 am

Post by popsofctown »

nonexistent answer to what?

I could explain every single one of my townreads but that seems tedious?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (isolation #78) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm scumreading you by PoE and for not sparing my eyes by adopting the avatar I made for you

I still feel Flub is scummy but Flub and Cheeky don't work as scum together I think so there's zero sum scum equity there.

Shos has dropped a lot of the townread I had on him because I'm not sure I like his reason for scumreading me. It's worse than CT's reasons for scumreading me so maybe my vote's in the wrong place.
UNVOTE: even
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (isolation #79) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

WHOOO
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (isolation #80) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It's not impossible, it's just less likely.

It's not as much the WIFOM angle of it being risky to hard townread a partner but moreso that the way an accidental tmi read works, it is produced because of knowing the player in question is really town.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (isolation #81) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:59 am

Post by popsofctown »

297 is Fluff instead of Analysis, it's far less sinister because there isn't even a pretense of content.
295, there's fairminded disagreement you can make on someone explaining a setup to Lamist, I won't refute that criticism with righteousness, criticizing 297 is just silly though

I don't really use the "pressure voting" paradigm very much, I put a vote down to encourage thread activity, not necessarily from the recipient. As for scumreading you poorly - yes I don't really scumread you as heavily as someone I'd be excited to Day 1 lynch, could you please post more so I can sort you?

I think you seem earnest this page.
If you understand that my approach to day 1 is "catalyze activity" and not "pressure scumz into obvscumming" you should be able to follow why I would votehop. "trying to make excitement flourish" doesn't reference pressure and I don't see how you could read it way unless you project site norms onto me pretty hard and imma say pls nah on that then. Since you quoted the vote later to complain about it, I did make excitement flourish!
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (isolation #82) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:00 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 353, Eve wrote:
In post 349, Dunnstral wrote:
Vc 1.3Pyrrha Nikos [
H
D
A
] (1): Eve
popsofctown [
H
G
A
] (2): CheekyTeeky, shos
Doctor Drew [
A
H
] (0):
Asriel Dreemurr [
G
D
A
] (0):
shos [
G
D
] (0):
Eve [
G
D
H
] (2): Doctor Drew, Pyrrha Nikos
CheekyTeeky [
G
A
] (0):
Flubbernugget [
H
D
] (0):

Not Voting (3): Asriel Dreemurr, Flubbernugget, popsofctown

With 8 votes it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2020-01-13 03:00:00)

In post 248, Eve wrote:
@Dunnstral: could a cult be in this game?
No
oh good this alleviates any suspicions i had about pops - she might be a cult leader irl but she can do what she pleases there as long as she doesn't brainwash us here
It's really mean to tell everyone here what my occupation is IRL, I told you about it in the mason thread in confidence :(
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (isolation #83) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 364, Flubbernugget wrote:I left all my "I played bad to get the game going" nonsense around 2016 and you probably should too!
I don't think I played any in 2016
Regardless I still strongly believe in playing bad to get the game going and will die on this hill
My winrate in games where I am mislynched for playing carelessly is still incredibly high, actually I can't think of a single game where I was mislynched and lost the game since hiatus
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (isolation #84) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

StarCraft, booneytoonz, autumnal, mislynched and won
town losses this year were misvigged AvP and magical girls, NKed in the Suspicious newbie, endgamed in Role Call. Yeah I think it counts out

Yolo is the One True way. Accept it into your heart
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (isolation #85) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:25 am

Post by popsofctown »

I tend to scumread people for not taking a stance on me because most of the time I find people who roll town come to a strong opinion on me quickly and scum seem to no-comment on me a lot. I don't have a mechanical explanation why I've never had to try to read pops. It is a slight number of points and can be overcome

That is some of the background to 141.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (isolation #86) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm starting to feel less like you're sorting me

that was genuinely my thought process when I made the post "right" or "wrong"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (isolation #87) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

I agree with those being the worst two posts from him.

What have you found scummy about Dr. Drew? Is it in the thread if I reread? I am alive in a lot of games right now. And I have two initiation ceremonies today.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (isolation #88) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

those were for 2019
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (isolation #89) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm town when I'm having fun

probably not the only way to read me, but it is the memiest way to read me.

People have successfully done it
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (isolation #90) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:59 am

Post by popsofctown »

o.k. what's YOUR excuse for not joining Undertale Semiopen?
I still don't buy that Asriel's November 20 join date precluded him from playing my fun excellent game in August, might be a little scummy really.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (isolation #91) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

No I meant the first one which I ran on August 4th, you weren't play any games on August 4th, you need a different excuse.

When I check the game again tomorrow I expect to see you prominently featured on D1-D2 and a town win in spite of your inevitable nightkill
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (isolation #92) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

Asriel are you townreading yourself?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (isolation #93) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Drew is even less drew than he usually drews I'm worried he's scum here.

VOTE: Dr. Drew

I go back and forth on shos but I feel optimistic about sorting him later.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (isolation #94) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Eve is memeing, Pyrrha.

Shos, flubbernugget was much more deliberate in his pressure on me. Why are you taking the credit?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (isolation #95) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I had a post but I guess I deleted it
Usually there is some little minisolve thing he would have posted by now, it's often super gutty and personal to him where you can't sheep it. This game he gave us a reads list which is a different style for him which makes me feel like he felt obligated to give us something but then didn't do the format that was natural to him.
It's admittedly kind of a sketchy read, but I am kind of townreading everyone and PoEing.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (isolation #96) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Flub was much more meaningful in his rhetoric, regardless of the wagonomics.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (isolation #97) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I still don't like Drew. I feel like scum!Cheeky would block with shos instead of me this game since I don't like her so I feel like she's probably town here.

Every time Eve posts I feel like "wow she's still not done fixing her hair she was working on it last time she posted too"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (isolation #98) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

the avatar is growing on me though
like a fungus
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (isolation #99) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I like you but I think I'm biased to scumread you in games.. That was more words though.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (isolation #100) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Something about the way Drew insisted he is trying to find scum is, well, suckering me. My runner up would be VOTE: Flubbernugget
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (isolation #101) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 445, Eve wrote:
In post 439, popsofctown wrote:Every time Eve posts I feel like "wow she's still not done fixing her hair she was working on it last time she posted too"
just give me a few more games to sort it out - what you listening to btw? does it not start to hurt your ears after a while? must be some relaxing classical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAnYqZpmsm8
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (isolation #102) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

Now I'm wondering whether that post makes Cheeky scummier than Flub. Because it is such a nonsensical reason not to vote someone.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (isolation #103) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

I feel afraid
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (isolation #104) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

shos, what would you learn?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (isolation #105) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

That's a pretty good case, I don't need much in this gamestate, VOTE: Drew

(to clarify I'm your one-and-only-scumread right?)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (isolation #106) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You're like detective conan
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (isolation #107) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Drew
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (isolation #108) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Can I call you fire sneakers?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (isolation #109) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Pyrr means fire in Greek or Latin or something.

Nikos is kind of like Nike and that's a sneakers brand.

I wanna call you fire sneakers
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (isolation #110) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Who is the scum Drew?

I don't want to be 0 for 2 on you on day 1s but you're not towntelling for me
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (isolation #111) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm following my gut on read that she's done town carefreeling rather than scum carefreeling, I'm pretty close to being happy to throw on it.

Shos I could feel he is getting me to sort him town because he wants me to, maybe.

What do you see as scummy from him?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (isolation #112) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Detective Flonan brings the suspects into the station and then fire sneakers asks the hard questions and then townreads Shos.

I townread Shos for now also but it's not super confident for me.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (isolation #113) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Are you hinting you think fire sneakers is a supervillain name and not a superheroine name?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (isolation #114) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I can empathize with a flippy flub read, he's a quirky character.
Do you expect Drew to vote with his top scumread?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (isolation #115) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I like fire sneakers as a nickname for her she's fiery
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (isolation #116) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Mmmmm I think this is TvT
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (isolation #117) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Asriel Dreemurr
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (isolation #118) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I like the cut of Eve's jib
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (isolation #119) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by popsofctown »

540 is a fun post
I'm going to re-iso Asriel to see if I will regret this

Everyone else is showing up and townspewing
Except maybe Drew I forgot why we stopped voting him.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (isolation #120) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I made up the fire sneakers nickname, fire sneakers
I think it suits you
This is our first game together
I'm trying to forge our friendship
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (isolation #121) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

But but I wanna be friends no matter what it takes okay
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (isolation #122) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

A heads up: Dunnstral isn't giving us plurality lynching.

The way I wrote the setup, the way no lynch will work will just harm town, it more less let's the scum substitute in nightkills in place of where we had lynches.

So we need to make sure to agree on some majority wagon and that takes 5/8 people in 2 days so we should work hard together.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (isolation #123) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think I saw Eve wearing ice-steel-toed-boots on Tuesday. She was playing hopskotch and jump rope and it was quite a sight to see.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (isolation #124) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Asriel struck me like maybe a Bingle style hide-lack-of-reads-behind-mech

I am a very mech inclined player myself but when things are right they will be presented interweaved pretty naturally I think

Like underwater basket weaving yknow
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (isolation #125) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

oh they weren't civilians when I found them :good:
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (isolation #126) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Hm I think there is some value in gut though like even if it is 90% NAI the scum can't manipulate the 90% nor the 10%, but when you do stuff like, "I'm gonna vote based on thinking the scums won't bus" it might be AI like all the time but scum know about it and they can manipulate which direction they do the wifom in their control
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (isolation #127) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 561, Eve wrote:
In post 559, popsofctown wrote:oh they weren't civilians when I found them :good:
gonna choose to interpret this in you reforming good for nothing prisoners
The governor issues pardon when I tell him to because we need blood for the blood god
I mean
Thursday is fingerpainting day
it's great
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (isolation #128) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You are doubling down on your Asriel SR rather than suggesting we sheep Asriel on Drew, right fire sneakers?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (isolation #129) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah he scumreads drew but is voting shos
but you are not saying we should vote drew, nor we should vote shos
you are saying we should vote Asriel
right?
I don't smoke
I hope if you smoke
it is only around the ankles
fire sneakers
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (isolation #130) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think fire sneakers is kind of solvey
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (isolation #131) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

townbloc: firesneakers, EEEEEEEEEva, --shos?/'''''\_____///Flubernugget?

PoE'd QQ: Asriel, Drew, CheekyTeeky
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (isolation #132) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I feel like I should scumread 575 but I townread it

I need an adult
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (isolation #133) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 592, Asriel Dreemurr wrote:Pyrros=fire
Nika=victory
So, not fire sneakers, but fire victory.
The Nike shoe brand celebrates the messenger from Marathon who ran miles and miles without stopping, shouted "Nike!"(victory!) to inform everyone about an important battle victory far away, then died immediately from running so hard. The thinking is that he would want to have good shoes. So shoe brand. Does it really matter though? If running gave him lots of calluses, they wouldn't hurt the next day. He dead.

Fire sneakers is a better nickname imo
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (isolation #134) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 603, Eve wrote:
In post 602, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 260, popsofctown wrote:We lose a really strong card if we lynch him :( oh well!
Does anyone think Pops could be possibly pocketing me or am I just being paranoid?
wasn't this talking about flubber and not you fire
sneakers
victory?
Wow you are trying really hard to escape my townbloc. Asriel's townbloc is not as fun I promise
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (isolation #135) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Jingle I didn't think you made alts
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #650 (isolation #136) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I don't think you apply IioA if a normal amount of analysis is present, and underneath all the information is some analysis, like on shos. Asriel's past two pages cool me on him. I'm going to vote VOTE: Dr. Drew again. His post where he identified a pattern from his own towngame that cheeky commented on made me think like he is trying to look town. I would be more interested in seeing him solving. I think it's also suspiciously hard to get him to l1.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #657 (isolation #137) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It was addressed at Eve
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (isolation #138) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The deadline is getting very uncomfortable. Need votes guys.

Whoever gets to L1, if town it is definitely optimal to self hammer. If town no lynches they have to actually no lynch again or lose bonuses, I believe
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (isolation #139) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I could do a shos counterwagon, maybe, if I was sure there's time, at everyone's activity level I'm not sure there is.

I don't think there's a slot that give me a heads 50% certainty it flips scum but I think Drew is better than rand
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #672 (isolation #140) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

We have several additional day phases to look into that. I'm sorry fire sneakers :(
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (isolation #141) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

If we don't mislynch at least once we don't get to use this setup's special mechanics :p

shos it's not IioA if there's also analysis. And IioA is a per-threadvisit thing, not a per post thing
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (isolation #142) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Fire sneakers, this setup is basically based around a "comeback mechanism" that's the town catch up and win the game if they mess up a little. If you win in two straight lynches, the game doesn't last long enough for town to need the catchup mechanism.
":P" emoji means I'm joking. As proud and excited I am about the setup I designed, I'd rather take a win on my record than see use play bad enough to need the catchup mechanic.

Drew is... just wrong. Compared to mountainous, this setup goes against the concept, "we're fucked up if we mislynch". I think it's scummy unless he's always scared of mislynching in all his games.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (isolation #143) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think Shos's recent posts might be towny. They get to me.

I don't feel like Drew posted something he couldn't post as scum.

I'm open to an Asriel wagon

I'm really really really concerned about nolynch though
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (isolation #144) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think you are misunderstanding me

The "autobattler setup" gives the town side prizes when there are only 5 players alive

If you never mislynch, that means you lynch the scum back to back, and you win the game just before there would only be 5 players alive.

Therefore for the "autobattler setup" to be different from mountainous you need to see a mislynch.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #700 (isolation #145) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Hm yeah. I think Dunn should grant an extension because the lack of VCs has made it harder for us to keep the momentum of the game healthy and I hope he'll agree with that.

I'm usually scumsided when I mod but that's a good enough reason.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (isolation #146) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I don't know him that well, thank you for the data point
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (isolation #147) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by popsofctown »

A mislynch does not benefit town

it was a meme

like if you played an open setup based around all the townies being vengeful
and someone said "if we don't mislynch this setup is boring!"
and that would be true

I think Flub is omgussing and Cheeky's vote worries me. If there's a town reason for her vote, she doesn't like me accomplishing so much stuff she didn't arrive at herself, I'd guess
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (isolation #148) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:15 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Wait is this about mislynch>no-lynch?

That's actually true and like kind of complicated and technical due to how the setup is constructed :/
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (isolation #149) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:36 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I already said the Flubber townread seemed like it might be TMI and I'm really concerned about it, I still feel that way.

Eve is a crazy box of entropy and I'm not sure I could judge someone for their read on her no matter where it ranged on the spectrum from "lockscum" to "I think maybe she's the moderator?"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (isolation #150) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

idk what even hop silently is but I want to go pro at this sport
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #715 (isolation #151) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I could definitely wagon Cheeky

Eve would be a much more nosepluggy compromise.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (isolation #152) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

One of the 4 types lets us publicly vote on a cop check together
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (isolation #153) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

This game is really hard, I think the scum is playing well
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (isolation #154) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

shos, what do you think about Cheeky?

VOTE: CheekyTeeky
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #725 (isolation #155) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

~20 hours with no extension
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (isolation #156) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I don't think meta is inherently invalid but I'm not as naturally inclined to it/good at it as fire sneakers
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (isolation #157) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Cheeky
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (isolation #158) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I like 731
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (isolation #159) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:22 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm not positive but I think Eve is out of her scumrange here
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (isolation #160) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

I've never seen you roll scum

But you are 100% nice to people

I presume once you roll scum one day you will say something mean

Birdo is cute and I like her
-> here's your chance to prove me wrong:
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (isolation #161) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:42 am

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: asriel
This doesnt give me heartburn as a consensus lynch and I think it sorts shos.
Let's push this quickly, I share his concern about nolynch
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (isolation #162) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think a cheeky wagon doesn't outrace the clock here. We need to avoid no Lynch Eve. Im not craving asriel's blood either but this setup gets really bad if we nolynch
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (isolation #163) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Drew is maybe a wagon that would come together before deadline but I don't think there's five active people for a cheeky lynch

Pedit: me, fire sneakers, and you would vote it. I don't know whether flub, shos, and asriel would vote it, while shos is actually voting asriel.
I don't know, maybe it's possible
I'm pretty happy to wagon there
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (isolation #164) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: doc
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (isolation #165) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'd be more open to lynching Eve after seeing her lynch somebody but I'm not really getting why people are red-reading her.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (isolation #166) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think you're conflating bad with scummy
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #783 (isolation #167) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm really confused about Eve and Asriel being on the same tier, but you still wanting to lynch Eve even though it's clear getting the deadline consensus is harder. It makes me think you have a preference borne of knowing their alignments.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (isolation #168) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:54 am

Post by popsofctown »

I agree Cheeky is scummier than Asriel but I'm afraid going for it results in a nolynch.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (isolation #169) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:13 am

Post by popsofctown »

Noted -
If you don't do something that decreases the likelihood of no-lynch I'm going to consider it a scumclaim
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #801 (isolation #170) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

I will be around near deadline.
Would you be willing to lynch Flubber? He infrequently shows up and when he did show up just now he didn't vote a viable wagon. Assuming we can't get the victim of a lynchwagon to selfvote, that may mean he's the most viable wagon, if everyone else is going to check in.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #803 (isolation #171) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

Please prod Asriel either now or in 2 hours
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (isolation #172) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:21 am

Post by popsofctown »

Until there's more verbal support for a Flubber lynch I think it's safest to leave your vote on Asriel

He's mechanically inclined enough to recognize that selfvoting at L-1 is optimal if he's town, which is kind of a no-good-deed-goes-unpunished reason in favor of voting there.

I'm possibly less worried about this setup being townside than before, evens are brutal
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #806 (isolation #173) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:36 am

Post by popsofctown »

Why so cold? Am I just Kamek to you
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #808 (isolation #174) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

Post 3 says you are Pandora should I lynch all liars!?!?!
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #810 (isolation #175) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:28 am

Post by popsofctown »

You are the most nefarious villain I have ever known, Evepandora.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #813 (isolation #176) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I don't think that's correct but VOTE: asriel either way.

Looking at that VC it seems if Asriel makes an appearance the play might become to lynch Eve..
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #814 (isolation #177) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The nice thing about lynching Eve would be when I expect her to flip green I'd feel even more confident about cheeky scum, and maybe shos would work with me on that at that point.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #817 (isolation #178) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In pretty sure cheeky would end up being a no-lynch. If you get her to four votes somehow I'd hammer but I don't see it.

The tmi for flubber is a reason not to vote him I guess, but it ticks me off he didn't vote.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #821 (isolation #179) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Asriel has some equity as a cheeky buddy, that's the other viable wagon
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #826 (isolation #180) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I would be ecstatic to get some kind of hammer. Can you vote Asriel CT?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #829 (isolation #181) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

We are in a gamestate where you might have to lynch a townread. Actually I think evens might fundamentally be that way.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #832 (isolation #182) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

No lynch is so antitown here. Get five votes onto something.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #834 (isolation #183) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

There are 5 hours until deadline. If you're not voting something with plural votes you're scumclaiming.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #841 (isolation #184) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think she was suggesting Asriel is smart with mechanics. But so am I.. although I might get NKed
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #850 (isolation #185) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

:sweat:
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (isolation #186) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Eve
2 hours left.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (isolation #187) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'd
to lynch cheekyteeky then bet the game on fire sneakers being town. I'm not sure that's an easy sell though.

Eve lynch made me sad :(
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (isolation #188) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm assuming it had to be based on his types. God and Devil are pretty good. I think Healer is better, but mafia doesn't seem to agree. That could mean town's reads are wrong since Healer is one where you kind of jump facefirst into a loss if your reads are wrong, but like, what are the consensus reads, how are the mafia sure?

I think this might suggest that shos is likely to be scum, because if the goal was to cut off God and Devil, shos also had those types and would be harder to mislynch.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (isolation #189) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by popsofctown »

What do you mean by "slip", Cheeky?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #865 (isolation #190) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 862, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 859, popsofctown wrote:I'm assuming it had to be based on his types. God and Devil are pretty good. I think Healer is better, but mafia doesn't seem to agree. That could mean town's reads are wrong since Healer is one where you kind of jump facefirst into a loss if your reads are wrong, but like, what are the consensus reads, how are the mafia sure?

I think this might suggest that shos is likely to be scum, because if the goal was to cut off God and Devil, shos also had those types and would be harder to
mislynch.
???
If shos and Asriel were both town, the mafia would have shot shos instead of Asriel, because they have mostly the same types, and out of the two of them Asriel would be much easier to mislynch.

It's a hypothetical.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #869 (isolation #191) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 867, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 865, popsofctown wrote:
In post 859, popsofctown wrote:I'm assuming it had to be based on his types. God and Devil are pretty good. I think Healer is better, but mafia doesn't seem to agree. That could mean town's reads are wrong since Healer is one where you kind of jump facefirst into a loss if your reads are wrong, but like, what are the consensus reads, how are the mafia sure?

I think this might suggest that shos is likely to be scum, because if the goal was to cut off God and Devil, shos also had those types and would be harder to
mislynch.
???
If shos and Asriel were both town, the mafia would have shot shos instead of Asriel, because they have mostly the same types, and out of the two of them Asriel would be much easier to mislynch.

It's a hypothetical.
He’s the only other proficient mech player, so scum would prefer not to have had him around?
I don't think that's it, one such player is plenty. And he left us all there is to say about the setup. It's not as complicated a setup as it looks.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (isolation #192) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:02 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The players who would make a types bonus not trigger if they are lynched today are Dr. Drew, myself, and Fire Sneakers. Even if you think both scum are in those three, it doesn't make sense to lynch among those three, because it's not LyLo yet and the bonuses are all worth like at least a clear.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #872 (isolation #193) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I wish Cheeky had more fight in her
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (isolation #194) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

If we lynch Cheeky, that's healer route, so we will have to vote on two players, and win if those two players are town, and lose if they are not.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (isolation #195) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 905, shos wrote:
In post 865, popsofctown wrote:

mislynch.
???

It's a hypothetical.
Wouldn't killing me make it 100% sure that we get an Attacker bonus, which is bad for scum?
Ariel's math showed Attacker to be the weakest path for scum.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (isolation #196) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

Wait that means I'm agreeing with you, cool.

Healer would still be available but that's a point in your favor
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (isolation #197) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

I kinda want to bet the game on Pyra town even if shos's NKA seems valid

is that wrong
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #913 (isolation #198) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

I was just providing Pyrrha info since she doesn't understand the setup very well. I'm in favor of it but it makes me more inclined to make sure town has a consensus viewpoint about the game rather than lolhammering it.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (isolation #199) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 915, shos wrote:
In post 906, shos wrote:
In post 861, CheekyTeeky wrote:Yeah I can see why you'd want to lynch me. Sorry Eve, I thought you slipped at the end there.
Could you please show us the slip, supposedly?
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”