Micro 909: 09:12 (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:01 am

Post by Uncrowned »

VOTE: Emps
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:58 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Really didn't like Emps' only post of the game so far.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:46 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

It's not a random vote, so yeah.

I dislike the lack of commital to an actual vote. Emps jumped on the meme without actually doing anything.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Because scum would rather be non-commital and not get involved in having to come up with BS explanations for their actions. If they're scum, this gives Emps an easy start to the game so they can read and react later on.

Too bad I called it out.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:51 am

Post by Uncrowned »

This Ico/HH interaction, bleh. I don't really care for it.

Ico had a pretty shallow reason for TLing me and SLing HH - nothing out of the ordinary. Early game stuff.

HH's reaction was a bit much for my liking, but I doubt it's AI. Too much of a gamble to call it one way or the other yet for me.

I've had a decent run recently of picking out scummy openers (2 for 2 in my last 2 games), albeit from the exact same person. I'm gonna be confident in this one.

Emps, buddy. Come out and play.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:53 am

Post by Uncrowned »

By same person, I didn't mean Emps. I meant the openers came from the same guy in both games.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:55 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Mena, put your vote on someone that isn't the moderator.

I'd ask Emps to do the same but they're scum, so I'm not bothering.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:10 am

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 159, Iconeum wrote:VOTE: aldus

scum thinks it jumped on an easy wagon
Do you believe this?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:14 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Okay, I'm going to bite.

Mena, I don't think you're being particularly helpful with your lines of questioning. I think they're potentially causing paranoia and won't lead to accurate answers that are gonna help town win this game.

That's my two cents. Do with it what you will. Maybe you've got a strategy here, but I'm not seeing it just yet.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:26 am

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 170, Menalque wrote:I don’t think I have

What do you think my read is on you atm?
In post 173, Menalque wrote:What if I’m TRing you
In post 174, Menalque wrote:And why does scum!me need to gambit here when I could just push you outright
In post 180, Menalque wrote:
In post 175, Iconeum wrote:
In post 173, Menalque wrote:What if I’m TRing you
it's possible

but it felt like you were trying to corner me :)
Why do you think I would try to corner you as either alignment?
In post 181, Menalque wrote:As in what is the benefit to my win condition as either alignment
In post 198, Menalque wrote:What about why I’d do it as town?
In post 199, Menalque wrote:And again, why does scum!me try to push you in that way specifically?
Feels like you're dancing around and trying to look like you're doing something. I think it would've been much more useful for you to actually have a say on the HH/Ico engagement, and even the Aldus vote on Ico.

Only played one game with you so the meta here is super limited but you were a lot more direct last time.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 320, Menalque wrote:The push on emps’ meme vote as scummy

Avoiding a hard stance on icon/HH — kind of talking about what they were doing without wanting to commit to an analysis of it or say what influence that had on his reads

Generally trying to push the line of meme voting being something scummy

Being way too confident on emps scum when trying to get me to vote somewhere other than dats

Suggesting that my play here is scummy or aimless in a way not in sync with my play in 1971 when my play here is clearly very similar if compared in ISO
Why would I take a hard stance on something I don't think is NAI? Doesn't make sense to me. That just throws off the rest of the reads, since people will also want to analyze my fabricated stance on a matter. I said what I had to say about Ico/HH.

Pushing meme, non-committal, non-useful content is something I'm always gonna do.

Your vote in play is much more useful than it being on Mod, even if it's on me.

I was thinking of your D2 play on 1971, so I'll admit I was wrong there.

Also, for whoever asked, the person I got correct on having a scummy opener and them turning out to be scum twice was Faustiv.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #11) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Correction: Why would I take a hard stance on something I THINK* is NAI, whoops.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 334, Menalque wrote:Also there’s like an outlier chance of one or two other partners so I need to see how they play around uncrowned being caught already
This is laughable. I'm not getting lynched today. You're hurting your own reads by looking for something that isn't there.

Unless you're scum and you don't need to worry about having
good
reads.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I believe Aaron asked me why I voted Emps and not Mena, when they had both done the meme vote on the mod thing.

Simply put, Mena had initiated the joke and had at least been posting actively. Emps had done nothing up until that point, and then his only post was him just piggy-backing off of the joke and then he left again. That was far more suspicious to me than anything Mena did at the start of the game.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Reading back, I like Emps' reactions to getting voted. They felt normal, self-aware, and understanding. I think that comes from town more than it does from scum.

It's difficult to definitively say because he didn't really have any pressure on him, but I still like the response.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:50 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 335, JJJ wrote:When the game starts shifting out of RVS and chemist votes the mod and contributes nothing.

When mena waits to see everyone's opinions before making what looks like a vanity vote.

When emps is still voting the mod and said pretty much nothing to make his slot more readable or progress the game.

-X
I'm not sure if I like this. It feels like you're shading a bunch of slots without actually going into what's scummy about what they're doing?

Chemist, I kinda get. Sure. I'll give you that.

Mena, I don't really understand. If anything, him gauging the general vibe of the players and then still deciding to vote on me is brave, and something I don't see scum players doing very often. Is the reasoning bad? Yeah, it's pretty weak. But I think Mena would be self-aware enough as scum to know that this is a bad move for him if he is that alignment.

Emps, I just touched on, so I won't add anything on him here.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #16) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:24 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I did try and do that if you read my post. From my experiences with forum mafia, I saw things that could come from either alignment, so I commented on that. Me lying and saying I saw something that only comes from town or only comes from scum in a situation where, to me, It's a grey area that didn't personally tell me anything, would be detrimental to the game.

You're misrepping right now imo.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (isolation #17) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:25 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Mena, my post 344 explains why I think your reasoning is weak. I have no reason to repeat it just a few posts down.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 351, Menalque wrote:
In post 341, Uncrowned wrote:
In post 334, Menalque wrote:Also there’s like an outlier chance of one or two other partners so I need to see how they play around uncrowned being caught already
This is laughable. I'm not getting lynched today. You're hurting your own reads by looking for something that isn't there.

Unless you're scum and you don't need to worry about having
good
reads.
It’s also kind of a worrying sign generally that you would try to shade my read strength when you’re fairly inexperienced and you just played with me in a game where I caught scum D1
Why would I not call your read bad when I'm town and you're saying I'm scum?
In post 352, Menalque wrote:Where am I misrepping you?
You're saying I had no input at all on the Ico/HH interaction, when I clearly said in my post regarding it that they both demonstrated things that
in my experience
don't seem to be overly AI. I think it's ridiculous that you're expecting me to come up with a thoughtful, hard analysis on something where I legitimately just don't see anything worth pressing at the moment.

If I dug REALLY deep into my thoughts, I could say that Ico came off as a slight +town in the interaction, since it seemed like he was scumhunting. But I'm not confident in that. Scum could do that just as easily as town could do that. By giving out reads that I don't even really believe in, I'm hurting towns chances of winning this game. That's how I view it.

You arguing that I'm doing it out of scumminess is a big misrep imo when I believe it's just a natural part of my play style
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Oh yes I meant 339
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #20) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

And you do realize that I didn't push your meme content at all really, right? I was anxious about it, yes. But I pushed Emps for an entirely different reason, which I've already explained.

It's frustrating that you're ignoring that. Feeling a lot of conf!bias right now. You think you've seen something when you haven't at all.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #21) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I said if you're scum, not that you are scum.

If you're town, I was telling you your read was bad and that you need to reevaluate it.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:36 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 347, Menalque wrote:You’re also making a p classic scum mistake, which is trying to discredit me in generalities rsther than focusing on the specifics of what I’m saying

For instance: “is the reasoning bad? Yeah, it’s pretty weak”

Only you don’t say why, you just leave that there

Also by trying to shift the focus away from yourself to literally anywhere else — you manage to talk about me, aaron, emps, AF, and HH in those couple of posts while largely trying to shrug off the SR on you
I don't particular care if you have a SR on me, to be honest. Like I said, I'm not getting lynched.

You're either Scum reaching deep to try and stir up some bullshit, or you're town with a bad read.

I'm not shrugging it off, if you're the latter (town with bad read) I'm going to discuss it with you right now and get it sorted. If you're scum, you'll keep pushing the BS narrative and I won't have to bother with you anymore.

You're showing a lot of double standards right now. You called it scummy when I "didn't take a hard stance" on Ico/HH, but now that I'm taking stances on other slots in the game, you're treating it as though I'm brushing you off, when I'm clearly responding.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #23) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 362, Menalque wrote:
In post 203, Uncrowned wrote:This Ico/HH interaction, bleh. I don't really care for it.

Ico had a pretty shallow reason for TLing me and SLing HH - nothing out of the ordinary. Early game stuff.

HH's reaction was a bit much for my liking, but I doubt it's AI. Too much of a gamble to call it one way or the other yet for me.

I've had a decent run recently of picking out scummy openers (2 for 2 in my last 2 games), albeit from the exact same person. I'm gonna be confident in this one.

Emps, buddy. Come out and play.
Sure, let's dissect this.

Ico, in my opinion, did have weak reasoning all around. Me pushing unhelpful, somewhat anti-town content is at best, a slight positive. His comments about HH's similar comments about Emps being "not as genuine" or whatever, was a feels based thing. So yeah, to me, it's all pretty shallow. Hard to make something out of.

HH overreacted, if you ask me. You know who I've seen overreact to things like that? Scum. You know who I've also seen overreact to things like that? Town. Picking one side or the other in this situation isn't a good idea, imo.

And that is the only time I explained my voting of Emps. Like I said, you did a similar thing, but there's a reason I differentiated between the two of you. Keep ignoring it, if you like.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (isolation #24) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

And that isn't the only time I explained my voting of Emps*
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #25) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

And that isn't the only time I explained my voting of Emps*
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (isolation #26) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 365, Menalque wrote:My point is that you actively avoid taking a side in this, but you also don’t call either of them town

This is very fence-sitty and I think it’s more in a scum way than a town way

Why?

You’re calling the interaction bad, and making comments that are negative about both people involved (“bleh, I don’t really care for it”; “pretty shallow reason”; “reaction was a bit much for my liking”)

I think this let’s you avoid drawing ire from either of the two involved, but also allows you to pivot into a SR later on if you like, with a set up to show your trajectory

Then instead of trying to get anything more out of the interaction or to develop your read on either of them, you redirected towards emps again

Why? What was more interesting to you about getting something from emps than from trying to clarify your read on two players who were active who you didn’t feel strongly about?
The interaction, from what I had seen, was mostly over. The time to analyze it from the rest of the players had come. That was my take on it. If you don't like it, that's fine. But I legitimately just didn't see much from it. Like I just said above, at best it's a slight +town for Ico, and it left me still hard null on HH.

Of course I'm going to redirect from Emps. He had 1 post at the time and had done nothing to ease my concerns about his scummy opener, which, like I said, I want to be confident in, since I've picked some scummy openers out before.

I haven't played in larger games yet, so I don't know how well this would work there, but with these 9 player games I've been operating on a one slot at a time basis. It's how I do things. I'll react in real time interactions with other slots, sure. But I mostly like to keep my work to one slot at a time. I think it helps me attain the best possible reads. Adding two other slots into that mix would make it three at a time, and I could honestly just see myself getting extremely confused.

The only time I do all slots is when I do my full recap of the game and make a proper reads list, which I like to do closer to the end of the day or when a lynch seems to be drawing near.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (isolation #27) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I don't think Mena is scum. Pretty sure I already touched on this when I replied to a post HH made.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #28) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:16 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Aaron's a pretty cool dude.

That AF guy though? Eh, not sure about him.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (isolation #29) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:41 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Idk. If Mena were scum I feel like he'd pick an easier target to lynch. I don't think he'd go for me D1, at least.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (isolation #30) » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:51 am

Post by Uncrowned »

what's lhf?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (isolation #31) » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:54 am

Post by Uncrowned »

And yeah it does leave me vulnerable but I don't think in this circumstance it was scummy. You had spoken to pretty much every slot and gathered a general feel for the thread from what I saw, and then still decided to go with me. I don't think scum goes to that length
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (isolation #32) » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:03 am

Post by Uncrowned »

I'll drop my list soon, gonna do a read through.

Aorn I'm most concerned about HH/Aldus/Chemist, I want to make it mypriority to sort those slots first before I do anything else
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #33) » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:04 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Between those I'm most susp of Chemist > Aldus > HH
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #34) » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:07 am

Post by Uncrowned »

And yeah, I understand the paranoia. Tbh I've been trying to change up my meta slightly between all my games but it's kind of exhausting. I think this game is a decent representation of my natural posting style.

I'm still trying to find a balance between aggression/analysis that provides the best results. I find when I lean too hard into one or the other my reads become ass cheeks
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #35) » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:15 am

Post by Uncrowned »

It doesn't feel like a townie ISO. Most posts are fluff or irrelevant to the game. There's a couple questions/read based stuff here and there but it's too far and few between for me to think it's town at the moment.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #36) » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:11 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Which phrase?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (isolation #37) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:40 am

Post by Uncrowned »

After rereading, I'm kind of concerned about this wagon on Aldus. I was suspicious of it earlier, since I liked Ico's thought of it trying to get on what it thought could be an easy wagon, but now I'm having second thoughts. Can someone give a brief case on something I'm missing in it's ISO that could be triggering?

I don't think it's a particularly strong town slot here, but I've seen some posts I kind of like.

Here's what I'm going to do:

I'm going to give
intent to hammer
to ensure we get a claim

But I'm also going to put my current vote elsewhere. I like the Emps slot, so my vote there is useless atm.

VOTE: Chemist

I'm self-aware enough to know this is a bad look, but I need something from the Chemist slot. Maybe this vote does nothing, but a counterwagon here is semi-useful at the least imo.

(Also please correct me Aldus if I'm using your pronoun wrong, I'm not experienced with it)
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (isolation #38) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:42 am

Post by Uncrowned »

I also agree with HH that if Chemist isn't going to be productive, he's somewhat anti-town in the sense that our read accuracy is damaged a bit.

Content from that slot would be very useful rn imo
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (isolation #39) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Ah geez my bad lol

This is why I shouldn't play mafia at nearly 3am
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (isolation #40) » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:21 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 472, Alduskkel wrote:I'm just gonna come out and say that anyone who doesn't read or at least look at Micro 900 isn't doing their due diligence in reading me, Menalque, Iconeum, or emps.
I don't like looking at one game for reference on a player. I feel like I'm bound to go in there looking for things rather than actually seeing them, leading to a biased view that is more likely to just be what I WANT to take away from my reading, rather than what's actually there.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (isolation #41) » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

That's the third time I've been caught out by a fake vote / fake hammer. I hate myself.

But no, when I gave intent I didn't realize Ico's vote was fake.

Also now I don't feel like an Aldus lynch would be good. Feels like we've lingered around this long enough, the lack of real opposition towards it leads me to believe that scum would be okay with this lynch. Aldus hasn't been particularly scummy imo.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (isolation #42) » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:40 am

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 506, emps wrote:uncrowned, why would u declare intent to hammer with 7 days left till deadline? why do u think ico would want aldu to claim this early on?

also aldu i wouldnt consider getting n1 killed as a pr as "working out fine" lmao
Because I'm looking to advance the game. I felt like things were stagnating slightly and I felt like stating intent would be the best way to spice things up.
In post 509, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 502, Uncrowned wrote:Also now I don't feel like an Aldus lynch would be good. Feels like we've lingered around this long enough, the lack of real opposition towards it leads me to believe that scum would be okay with this lynch. Aldus hasn't been particularly scummy imo.
I'll be honest, my vote is still on Aldus because I'm honestly not sure where else to put it right now. I've been feeling a little better about his recent posting.

Who's your preferred lynch right now?
Prior to reading Chemist's recent posts, I wanted to lynch him. His posts lately have been... better, but I'm still not really confident on him. I think until I do my reread through of the game, he'd be my preferred lynch.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (isolation #43) » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:09 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 524, Look At Me Im So Town wrote:
In post 502, Uncrowned wrote:That's the third time I've been caught out by a fake vote / fake hammer. I hate myself.

But no, when I gave intent I didn't realize Ico's vote was fake.

Also now I don't feel like an Aldus lynch would be good. Feels like we've lingered around this long enough, the lack of real opposition towards it leads me to believe that scum would be okay with this lynch. Aldus hasn't been particularly scummy imo.
In your experience, do scum often offer resistance to wagons even if they're on scum? Because that hasn't been mine.

BP
Well, no. What I'm saying is: I don't think Aldus has done anything super scummy, or anything that would warrant the game state seeming kinda unopposed to lynching him. What I saw though, was that he had a few votes on him, and there wasn't a whole lot of progression going on in the game or even much of a reaction to the wagon until Ico did the fake L-1 and I called intent.

Made me feel like scum would have been okay with that lynch.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (isolation #44) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:16 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

@Aldus

I thought Ico at best was a slight +town for his interaction with HH at the beginning of the game, but he hasn't really done anything to follow up on that to give me confidence in his slot. I didn't really like him suggesting you were trying to jump on him thinking it would be an easy wagon, but I wasn't sure if that was AI.

Him being mostly inactive and not heavily involved since then weakens my read further.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (isolation #45) » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

HH (Y Head) can you explain what you don't like about Aldus? I checked ISO but I didn't really see a lot of trajectory there, just some interactions between you two that, from my point of view, mostly boiled down to disagreements on lurking and stuff of that nature.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (isolation #46) » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:53 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

@Alduskkel

I had a plan at the time, I'd rather not explain it now in the event that I attempt something similar this game.

Do with that what you will.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (isolation #47) » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:00 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I don't like either slot that's up on the chopping block right now, I'd be fine with either of them being lynched, especially since they're both voting one of my stronger TRs at the moment.

LAMIST has flown under my radar a bit too much, so I need to reevaluate that slot. I don't think I have time to do so before the end of this phase, though.

I would prefer a Chemist lynch over Ico, but if deadline approaches and someone from Chemist wagon has switched onto Ico I will hammer.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (isolation #48) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:27 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Why would you want someone you think has a good chance of being PR to claim?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (isolation #49) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Duck.

We meet again.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (isolation #50) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:41 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Duck if you don't care about Mena's read on you why do you care about Aldus'
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (isolation #51) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:38 am

Post by Uncrowned »

I have information.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (isolation #52) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:39 am

Post by Uncrowned »

The issue is, it is not conclusive.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (isolation #53) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:41 am

Post by Uncrowned »

I am the Town Roleblocker.

I roleblocked Emps last night.

So you guys don't have to do it yourself, that means there is one of these three combinations of roles in this game.

Mafia One-Shot Strongman, Town Babysitter Town Roleblocker.

Town Babysitter, Town Roleblocker, Mafia Rolecop.

Town Roleblocker, Mafia Rolecop, Town Rolecop.

The reason my evidence is not conclusive is that there is a chance that there is a Town Babysitter in this game that watched over the person who got picked for the NK.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (isolation #54) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:43 am

Post by Uncrowned »

This might have been a terrible time to announce it but I felt like doing something ballsy.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (isolation #55) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:45 am

Post by Uncrowned »

I don't want the other PR, whether it's rolecop or babysitter to claim either. I don't think we get any benefit out of it.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (isolation #56) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:50 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Interestingly I had you as my next highest scumread aside from Emps, HH.

However, a Mena/Emps team would make sense given how Mena reacted to my early game push on Emps.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (isolation #57) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:02 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Depends on his flip. If Emps flips red and is also the PR, we're in a very good spot. Babysitter if they exist can go on me (or maybe they won't, HA scum there's some WIFOM for you, take that) and I can go go for someone else I susp.

If he flips red and isn't PR, there's a 1 in 3 chance I die even if I pick the right person to roleblock due to the One-Shot Strongman ability.

If he flips green... well... fuck.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (isolation #58) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:07 am

Post by Uncrowned »

To be fair, Mena just had the interaction with TW that could've drawn some heat toward him.

That's why I went for Emps. If he's scum, regardless of his partner, he'd be the most likely to perform the night actions.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (isolation #59) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:08 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Also, just for the record, I'm pretty confident in Emps being scum. After doing my re-read of the game, he pretty much had no real committal to reads and didn't exhibit much scumhunting throughout the game. I'm not voting yet because I'm about to sleep, then I've got work in the morning until the afternoon, and I don't want to come back and have the next night phase started already after an Emps lynch without saying a few more things.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (isolation #60) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:11 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Yes, strongman goes through roleblock.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (isolation #61) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:20 am

Post by Uncrowned »

I agree that it's more likely I stopped scum from killing than a babysitter, I just know there's a chance I'm wrong, but I didn't see a real benefit to sitting on the information.

I probably could've waited to see if there were more associative tells, but I think scum seeing that they'd got stopped from killing would tighten up real quick anyway and prevented that from happening. That's from my own experience playing as scum.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (isolation #62) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Keep in mind that even if I pick the right person to roleblock, if Emps doesn't flip as the Scum PR here there's a 33% chance that my roleblock gets strong-manned through.

Hopefully he just does flip scum PR and we can win this game right away D3.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (isolation #63) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I'm not against it but why would I not roleblock the person I find the most scummy?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (isolation #64) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Why D3? I think it'd be useful now since I'm a bit torn on some slots.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (isolation #65) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I did soft PR but I'm interested to see where Mena saw it.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (isolation #66) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Does tmi here literally mean too much information as in you're saying he knew chemist was town?

I'm still learning dis shit mannnn
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (isolation #67) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Yeah that was my soft.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (isolation #68) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Would the babysitter be notified that someone tried to attack their target?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (isolation #69) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

FTR I don't think Mena is scum here. Yeah there was the "association" with Emps but it was pretty surface level. The rest of his play I've kinda liked tbh. I'd need someone to explain what's scummy about him to really change my view
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (isolation #70) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Is 2 PRs coming out worth 1 scum though, assuming we have a town romecop and they can just straight up say there's no strong man?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (isolation #71) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I mean i guess it's not terrible since i can at the least clear someone and you guys go into d3 worst case scenario with 2 confirmed townies. From there it's PoE
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (isolation #72) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Town Romecop is too OP for the site meta. Must be nerfed or removed entirely.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (isolation #73) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I'm leaning toward RBing one of you, yeah.

I've got work now ); will be back later. I'd prefer if there was no hammer until I get back and see what's going on
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (isolation #74) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Last post before I go.

I'm lost. HH was my next SL after Emps but he's been posting well today.

Aaron is my strongest TR.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (isolation #75) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I am roleblocking one of HH and Mena most likely (sorry, TW). When I decide, I'll make a hammer vote and state who I'm doing.

The benefit for blocking Mena would be he'd be cleared, unless there's strongman.

The benefit (imo) of blocking HH is there's a higher chance to win the game, since I think he's more likely to be scum here.

I don't really agree with the Mena reads here. I could be hard defending scum right now but I'm not really seeing what the rest of you are seeing, nor has anyone really bothered to explain to me why they think he's scum.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (isolation #76) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:41 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I have notes. Whenever I go on my PC I'll do a case.

The defensiveness is a good point though. The thing is, if he's scum and he knows HH is town, then getting into a conflict with HH like he is here, wven if he wins for one night, will lead to him losing anyway. Could you see Mena really pushing that hard just to lose one day later, or do you think this could be coming from frustrated town that doesn't want to let who he thinks is scummy slip away?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (isolation #77) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:05 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I think he was talking about the votes on Emps today lol
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (isolation #78) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:39 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

OHHH HAIIII FORMER SCUM BUDDY

Man I'm really curious. Are the differences between my scum and town that obvious? (That's directed at TW too, also we can leave this for post game so we dont derail if you guys want lol)
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (isolation #79) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I don't want to be rude or anything but I don't see any choice other than Mena being optimal. Isn't he the one causing the most controversy in this game in terms of perceived alignment?

LAMIST isn't a bad call, I think they've gone ever so slightly under the radar, but after doing my full game re-read I had them as I a decent TR.

If Emps flips Goon here, I'm inclined to believe HH is possible scum, or The Worst. They've both been the most vocal about receiving my roleblock. I also believe this makes Mena innocent.

If Emps flips PR here, then I'm not sure. IF we have a babysitter though. I'd suggest you be on me tonight, or at least let that WIFOM sit there so that I'm not selected as a target. Or if you think scum can read you, pick someone else or don't pick at all. Let's confuse them.

Also, Emps can't self-hammer yet. 5 votes needed to lynch. We've got 3.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (isolation #80) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Mena, who do you think I should roleblock?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (isolation #81) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Emps think it's HH or LAMIST?

Can we gather anything from this? Does anyone know if Emps is the type to try and distance?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (isolation #82) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

You make a good point.

I have my roleblock target in mind, I believe.

Babysitter, on me tonight please.

Or don't, you know. Scum will never know. ;)
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (isolation #83) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

What is +ev ??
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (isolation #84) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

And okay.

If Emps flips scum, I'm blocking Mena.

If Emps flips town, I'm not saying who I'm blocking because scum will just use the other to kill.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (isolation #85) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:20 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Is there anything left to go over this phase?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (isolation #86) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I roleblocked Mena last night. He is confirmed.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (isolation #87) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Aaron, LAMIST or Aldus, right?

We lynch one, I state who I'm blocking, then there's only 1 left.

No one has counter-claimed you so we have 3 confirmed.

I don't know why but something D2 told me LAMIST was the partner, I wanted to roleblock there but thought it was too risky to go against my previous post and not block Mena after Emps hammered himself.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (isolation #88) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I will roleblock Aldus.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (isolation #89) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

VOTE: LAMIST
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (isolation #90) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Explain why ducku-san?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (isolation #91) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:29 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Well daaammmnn

GG guys!
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (isolation #92) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:05 am

Post by Uncrowned »

@Mena

If it means anything, I didn't really want to roleblock you N2. I think I said it earlier but I was actually going to block LAMIST since he had gone under my radar a bit throughout the game. But Emps got hammered before I could come back in and say I changed my mind so I went by what I posted earlier.

Unfortunate you didn't have much enjoyment this game, I've liked both games I've played with you a lot <3

Ducky is a super sub

Scum were actually not all that obvious but I think there were just so many people who were doing well at making it obvious they were town (AD, Aldus, TW) that it really narrowed down the pool. My choice to block Emps was super tough and it could've gone many different ways if just one or two things changed

Hope to catch you guys in whatever game I'm in next :)
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1274 (isolation #93) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:05 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Also no redactions from my private thread dats <3
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (isolation #94) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:32 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Are the threads viewable yet? Cant seem to go into them
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (isolation #95) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:03 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Ohhh i was trying to check the mafia thread. Makes sense.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (isolation #96) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

@Emps

In my page by page thingy it was page 30 that made me susp you

It just didn't seem like you were scumhunting
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (isolation #97) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

And yeah, as duck said. A lot of people towntold.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (isolation #98) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

You played well though! It's not like you were super obvious. I was actually torn between blocking you and HH but I thought you were more optimal because if you two were the team, you would be more likely to execute the NK.

You're good at posting under pressure and your tone in general is townie. I think this game it was just a matter of showing a little more effort toward "solving".

Then again, you got 4 scum games in a row so I don't blame you for not putting effort in to pretend to solve lol
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (isolation #99) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Also LAMIST in general had me fooled. Think it would've been much harder to figure them out if we hadn't gotten the N1 guilty.

Overall I think this game was a lot closer than what the final result shows.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (isolation #100) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Exactly! ^^^
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (isolation #101) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Also I'm flattered by you guys complimenting me in scum PT <3

Tbh though I'm still learning a lot. I think my reads are at their best early game, I tend to catch at least one scum early. After that though I just get so confused because so many people are good at talking their way out of things. A lot of good players here! Big step up from what i was used to when I played town of salem lol
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (isolation #102) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Rolling Mafia in ToS is terrrriblleee it's almost a guaranteed town win if you play ranked against any half decent team

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”