Micro 925 | Hungarian Music | Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:46 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

First

Oh god why am I not asleep
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:24 am

In post 24, Menalque wrote:
sircakez and i officially concede
No.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:05 am

In post 28, SirCakez wrote:Respond to my vote coward
If you insist.

VOTE: SirCakez

We're going to misread each other eventually, might as well get it over with :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:06 am

In post 30, Best Buds wrote:Oh boy oh boy I think something smart might be town already!
Hard vetoing this read, gonna tell you right now "No." is not out of my scumrange.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:08 am

Also, I'm down for rooms.

Get a room: Espeonage and S_S

Any particular reason you picked me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #84 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:54 am

In post 48, Menalque wrote:why is this game so dead? we have 2 slots who haven't posted at all yet
I'm not a detective but I wonder if you and Slaxx memeing aggressively at the start of the game was offputting to people.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #86 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:56 am

In post 57, Menalque wrote:my main thing with the get a room feature is that I think overuse is gonna be anti-town

like main thread is dead enough as things stand, and if people are spending most of their time in rooms instead of in main thread it's going to be a lot of second hand reading (X: "yeah Y is being really towny in our room") vs direct reading
Give the game a little time before you assume it will be always dead. For instance, my activity varies wildly with the general activity of the game and my engagement with it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #87 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:56 am

In post 72, Slaxx wrote:Look here Plato...jk
I think you mean Socrates, lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #88 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:57 am

In post 75, Heaven wrote:Idea: get every possible pair in the game to post this. We're guaranteed to win.
Congratulations, you figured out why it wasn't okay for him to post that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #89 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:00 am

In post 79, Heaven wrote:I think the most likely scenario for a hood with scum and a townie is that scum pockets the townie, not anything else.
I mean, your mileage may vary. Some people are more prone to hood pocketing, and those people should hopefully be vocal about it so we can try to help them look critically at their neighbor's posts. Having multiple hoods per person will probably help because then you can bounce reads on your neighbors off of each other and they might be able to help you avoid getting pocketed.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #90 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:00 am

Get a Room: Menalque, Best Buds, Slaxx
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #134 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:38 pm

In post 129, SirCakez wrote:How can you ask me to explain my reads but not explain this push?
Do you not want to explain your reads?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #158 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:03 pm

I'm having trouble coming up with things to say this game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #162 (isolation #13) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:20 pm

Because nobody is saying anything interesting.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #163 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:20 pm

I probably wouldn't be opposed to a room with Cakez but I can't get it until my current post restriction runs out anyway.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #165 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:33 pm

It's fine so far, I probably can't go into detail right now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #166 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:33 pm

Not that I would want to anyway, because what's the point of a hood if you just tell everyone everything that happens in it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #187 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:46 am

I think "sorry you rolled scum" is a pretty common thing and usually not alignment indicative.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #216 (isolation #18) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:00 am

In post 213, Sujimichi wrote:Your stance on the Room itself is contradictory, and you fail to admit this as well.
That's towny!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #219 (isolation #19) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:35 am

I mean it's not like a townlock or anything, but generally scum care a lot more about how they look than town do.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #226 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:57 am

Doing a full reread. Still hard to get a bead on anything. is the first post that stands out to me but I can't tell if it's scummy or just not reading closely enough.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #227 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:59 am

Menalque is being hard to read and it feels like it's a little bit on purpose.

I'm pretty sure he did this before but I can't remember where, but I know he was town because I've never played with scum-him. AvP maybe?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #228 (isolation #22) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:00 am

In post 126, SirCakez wrote:They/you feel too "go with the flow"-y. Like agreeing with that three person room that's been proposed even though they said they have no early reads. Doesn't make any sense.
Why is that scummy?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #229 (isolation #23) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:03 am

Heaven is somewhat of a townlean for .
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #230 (isolation #24) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:04 am

In post 214, SirCakez wrote:I'm not even gonna bother responding anymore I'm sure you're scum now. Your reaction confirms it in my mind.
:igmeou:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #232 (isolation #25) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:06 am

In post 220, Menalque wrote:I think that’s maybe true for newer scum but I think it holds significantly less among those with experience
I'm not sure about that, actually? A lot of scum players, even experienced ones, play to look town above all else.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #233 (isolation #26) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:07 am

In post 231, SirCakez wrote:I read that post as pretty scummy. Why is it town?
Generally overconfidence and bravado come from town, because that kind of stuff is liable to draw negative attention. That reads more as cocky town who thinks they're onto something than scum trying to get a mislynch without coming out of it looking really bad.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #234 (isolation #27) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:08 am

In post 231, SirCakez wrote:B/c that's how scum tend to blend in. It also gets them on the good side of active players.
That's fair, but plenty of townies will also play that way. I'd think it's more personality indicative than anything.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #243 (isolation #28) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:54 pm

Lots of people are off doing real-world things and have less time to post on weekends.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #257 (isolation #29) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:42 am

In post 249, Sujimichi wrote:I disagree; however if you find it to be indicative of Town, why are you still voting for SirCakez at this point?
Right, I'm not used to RVS'ing, lol.

Mafia is hard.

UNVOTE:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #258 (isolation #30) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:47 am

In post 255, Slaxx wrote:I don’t agree with SS reads but if I recall that isn’t AI for him. I think we disagreed when he vigged me a year ago (that was you, right?)
Yes :(

I'm a terrible vig, okay
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #261 (isolation #31) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:58 am

In post 259, Slaxx wrote:Do you think Heaven’s confidence is outside the realm of scum play SS?
No. I've been fooled by a few scum players before-- notably YOU-- doing a similar tactic. But it's something that most people don't do as scum, for the simple reason that most townies wouldn't let them get away with that.

Caveat: Heaven/CSF could easily be S/S.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #263 (isolation #32) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:07 am

I mean they haven't really gotten involved yet. So we'll have to see.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #336 (isolation #33) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:28 am

In post 322, Slaxx wrote:There goes the Heaven/SS scumteam I was cooking up in my head
That'll teach you not to cook up scumteams on D1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #338 (isolation #34) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:38 am

In post 325, Menalque wrote:I was gonna say that you have played with scum me once, in Guns n Roses III

how am I being hard to read?
Right I blocked that game out of my memory

I believe what I had in mind when I made that comment was that you seemed to be controlling your appearance, by joking around and being silly while simultaneously being tight-lipped about your reads and thoughts (saying several times "I have a thought on X but I don't want to say it yet"). You're giving reads, sure, but I don't feel like you're interacting with the thread on a level that's close or personal enough to actually get inside your head. And I know you can, because you did it in the first game I ever played with you, Pokemon Fusion.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #349 (isolation #35) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:49 am

Idk I don't really see why a 3p neighborhood is that much better than a 2p one. If you have something important to say you should be saying it in the game thread, or at least in BOTH neighborhoods. Scum can't kill me because of what I said to them in one hood without risking that I also said the same thing in the other, and besides, I probably wouldn't say something to a neighbor that would make them want to NK me. Bodyguards exist, too.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #361 (isolation #36) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:52 am

In post 359, Best Buds wrote:3p neighbourhoods also sound good I think, so at least one person can hold the other accountable if that makes sense(?)

~kanna
I don't think it does... what exactly do you mean by "hold the other accountable"?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #364 (isolation #37) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:11 pm

Scum have a factional roleblock, though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #390 (isolation #38) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:07 am

Get a room: SirCakez and Something_Smart
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #441 (isolation #39) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:51 am

In post 438, Best Buds wrote:I liked my early townread on ss but I don't know why he stopped playing the game
Disengagement + RL distraction is a bad combo. Want anything in particular from me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #449 (isolation #40) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:16 am

Lukewarm take, is towny.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #462 (isolation #41) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:47 am

Somebody engage me on something.

Literally anything, I don't care. I already tried to find things to talk about and didn't really succeed. I can try again if necessary but I'd rather talk about something other people also care about.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #522 (isolation #42) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:56 pm

In post 465, Slaxx wrote:What do you think about TSE’s brief pop-in?
Maybe slightly towny? TSE did seem to be pretty invested in figuring out what was happening. Though there's no reason that couldn't come from scum, it's just slightly more likely town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #523 (isolation #43) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:58 pm

In post 467, Best Buds wrote:y r u not scum?
Because I'm making absolutely no effort to look busy.

I know the look that lurking here gives. I'm well aware that it looks like I'm laying low and trying to run out the timer. But I legitimately can't come up with discussion starters and I'm obviously not going to fake it. As scum I would be taking it, and it wouldn't be hard.

Take this with as many grains of salt as you would like, but you asked a question I could answer, so I'm answering it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #524 (isolation #44) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:01 pm

In post 476, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:namely that I asked him who I should try to hood with for my other hood and his only post was to ask why

I answered and he never responded since
I'm sorry. A lot's been going on recently and it slipped my mind.

My activity's pretty low and sporadic sitewide though so it really had nothing to do with you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #532 (isolation #45) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:45 pm

In post 527, Slaxx wrote:To me it looks like someone more concerned about image than solving
How so?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #548 (isolation #46) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:25 am

In post 545, Slaxx wrote:I mean, look at the post. I don't know if it needs more explanation. It was asking why people were voting for him and what his predecessor did that was bad.
On the surface, it has a defensive and self-interested look, not a helpful townie look. If he were really that concerned with appearance, why would he make that post?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #549 (isolation #47) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:28 am

In post 541, Menalque wrote:Do you think I should be TRing you instead of nullresding you for anything you’ve done so far?
Honestly no clue. I don't really know how I would have handled this game as scum and if it would have been noticeably different.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #584 (isolation #48) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:25 am

In post 571, LuckyLuciano wrote:I don't think anybody should use their roles this game. The more people use their role, the more confusion is causes.
How do you figure?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #586 (isolation #49) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:26 am

I mean as much as I would love to play 7:2 mountainous which has an EV of like less than 30%, I think that using our roles is a good thing here?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #587 (isolation #50) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:26 am

In post 585, LuckyLuciano wrote:Except that activity between members of the room in the main thread is mutually exclusive with them being in a room together.
Only temporarily. The post restrictions expire after 48 hours
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #617 (isolation #51) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:44 am

In post 593, LuckyLuciano wrote:The only pro-town use of a BG this game, IMO, is for a bad player to sacrifice themselves for a good player.
Or a scummy player to sacrifice themselves for a towny player? People get NK'd because they are hard to lynch or dangerous if kept alive, which means that it is inherently pro-town to prevent them from dying.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #621 (isolation #52) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:45 am

In post 608, Menalque wrote:You have no idea what I’d give for 7:2 mountainous, there’s not nearly enough mountainous on site
That's because it's miserable to play.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #630 (isolation #53) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:50 am

In post 623, LuckyLuciano wrote:I think the best use-case for roles is to keep one player alive throughout the game by designating a player each DP to protect them that night, and every other player waives their night action. Essentially follow-the-cop without the cop. I'm not sure how much I agree with that level of commitment to a unconfirmable player.
I mean, how much do you think the scum being able to NK who they want affects the game?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #637 (isolation #54) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:57 am

In post 635, LuckyLuciano wrote:Do you think town players with low town cred will voluntarily sacrifice themselves for other players if not told to by the majority of players during the dp? If so, the mafia players on this site are far more functional human beings than I am used to.
I mean, everyone in this game wanted to play in a game where everyone's a bodyguard. I can't speak for anyone else but I'm definitely planning to do it, yes.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #690 (isolation #55) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:02 pm

Why isn't it possible for there to be a legitimate basis for a scumread on Suji unrelated to their awkward posting style?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #695 (isolation #56) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:54 pm

In post 693, Heaven wrote:There is. 'm not trying to say that there isn't. In fact, 'll give you two: he's not doing much to push the game forward, and he's really only replying to things that directly involve himself. If there weren't, I wouldn't be okay with his lynch at all, rather than just "okay but would be kinda disappointed".
It doesn't sound like you're okay with the lynch, given that you just said you were vetoing it...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #715 (isolation #57) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:58 am

Alright?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #717 (isolation #58) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:01 am

What's all right about it? You're voting town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #723 (isolation #59) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:20 pm

In post 718, Heaven wrote:Dude,
I
know that
you
know that that's not convincing.
I mean, it was a joke. I was kinda hoping to start a discussion with you about why you were voting me and/or what you wanted out of me that you weren't getting.
In post 719, Best Buds wrote:SS there's spicy wagons in suji and in slaxx

you will be the next spicy wagon if those move too slow

so maybe it's time for you to buck up and make a decision!!

-doggo
Wanna give me the tl;dr on both? Not that I didn't read but a summary is always nice.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #724 (isolation #60) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:21 pm

It's interesting that you want me to take sides but you don't voice an opinion on which side you want me to take, despite being on one of the wagons. It sounds like you'd be happier if I voted Suji than if I didn't vote either; is that true? (@doggo)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #727 (isolation #61) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:50 pm

What do you think I was trying to do then?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #728 (isolation #62) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:54 pm

In post 725, Best Buds wrote:I'd be happier if you did something townie

-d
I'm rereading to see if that helps at all.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #729 (isolation #63) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:54 pm

feels town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #730 (isolation #64) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:55 pm

Yeah I think Espeonage slot is town on reread, scum-Espe didn't really play under the assumption that people would agree with him on mechanics.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #731 (isolation #65) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:57 pm

towny
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #733 (isolation #66) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:59 pm

Suji seems like the type to have an extremely similar scumgame and towngame.

Though iirc Alyssa said she had some incriminating meta so I'll see when I get to that part.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #734 (isolation #67) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:00 pm

Get a room: Heaven, Lucky, Menalque, Suji
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #735 (isolation #68) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:01 pm

is a mood.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #736 (isolation #69) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:03 pm

makes me thonk.

I think it's towny?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #737 (isolation #70) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:04 pm

Heaven townslip in may be legit.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #738 (isolation #71) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:05 pm

Alyssa not scum with Slaxx.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #739 (isolation #72) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:06 pm

is > rand town
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #740 (isolation #73) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:08 pm

is weird but not scummy? Maybe it's scummy. Townreads don't degrade, at least they shouldn't.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #741 (isolation #74) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:11 pm

I like , setting traps/reaction tests is more often done by town

He doesn't really go anywhere with it until I make him, though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #742 (isolation #75) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:13 pm

Why do you ask a question if you think the answer is obvious, I wonder...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #743 (isolation #76) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:13 pm

Actually I would like to hear the explanation of that from Slaxx. Why did you ask me what I thought of TSE's replace in, only to say afterward that you thought the answer to your question was self-explanatory?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #745 (isolation #77) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:15 pm

Entire game. Just got to your replace-in.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #746 (isolation #78) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:16 pm

is non-towny bravado. It feels hollow.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #747 (isolation #79) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:17 pm

If Menalque is scum, I will become acutely aware of it in a day or two. Unfortunately it might be too late by then like it was the last time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #749 (isolation #80) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:18 pm

I like and agree with .
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #750 (isolation #81) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:18 pm

In post 748, Best Buds wrote:Idk youcan feel like someone is town in the moment but then forget why later. A lot of the time my early reads are stronger than later reads
Then why not make an effort to combat that problem?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #752 (isolation #82) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:22 pm

Okay done.

Alyssa, Heaven, Lucky, Cakez are in my townpool for now.

Between Slaxx and Suji, probably prefer Suji, but I don't mind both wagons existing. I probably won't vote until very late, as I like the state of the wagons right now and don't want to bring Suji to L-1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #753 (isolation #83) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:22 pm

In post 751, Heaven wrote:I think you started to get concerned that your lynch might happen today and felt like you had to defuse the situation. I also think that that specific attempt at defusing that you came up with is more likely to have come from scum than town.
You honestly think I'm dumb enough to expect a post like that to get people to unvote me as scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #754 (isolation #84) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:23 pm

It's kinda insulting that you take that as anything more than a joke/lighthearted comment, ngl.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #756 (isolation #85) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:25 pm

Okay, fair enough. If you know I know it's not convincing, then why did you say you thought I thought it would "defuse the situation"?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #781 (isolation #86) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:46 pm

In post 776, Best Buds wrote:where did ss go lol
Eating dinner. What's up?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #786 (isolation #87) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:51 pm

I mean, I have no issue killing Suji over myself, but we have almost two days.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #790 (isolation #88) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:53 pm

Play the game? It seems like it's finally getting moving again.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #795 (isolation #89) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:01 pm

In post 792, Best Buds wrote:But is it moving in the right direction?
How should I know? It depends on how people in the future will read these pages, which I can't predict.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #796 (isolation #90) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:03 pm

Lucky, just so you know, is pure confirmation bias. You started with an assumption that I was scum and tried to create reasonable explanations, and indeed they are reasonable; but you haven't done anything to argue why I would be less likely to make those posts as town, or analyze why I might make those posts as town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #797 (isolation #91) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:04 pm

In post 757, Heaven wrote:I don't know if you really thought it would defuse the situation, but I think that you felt you had to defuse the situation, to do something.
This doesn't make any sense, and I know that you know that :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #800 (isolation #92) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:07 pm

In post 798, LuckyLuciano wrote:Not really. I read along with you and thought you were either scum or low-effort town that isn't really going to help in later DPs, but I politely waited for you to finish before deciding I wanted your head. The second part of that statement is why I don't feel the need to engage in WIFOM with you.
Can you do the things I said you didn't do, then? Why wouldn't I be likely to be make those posts as town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #801 (isolation #93) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:08 pm

In post 799, Heaven wrote:Let's hear it. How?
Because you admitted that I knew it wouldn't have any effect.

And yet you're suggesting that I felt I had to do SOMETHING, and therefore I did something that I knew would accomplish nothing instead of something that might have accomplished something. As though I suddenly forgot how to do anything that might accomplish anything? That's clearly ridiculous.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #802 (isolation #94) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:09 pm

In post 799, Heaven wrote:Seems odd to say he started with the assumption you were scum. What makes you say that? Looks to me like he was townreading you before, looking through his ISO.
I mean he went straight for the "this is why scum-S_S would do X" explanation without even looking at why town-me would do it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #806 (isolation #95) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:13 pm

I posted because I wanted to understand what doggo wanted me to do, in order to read that slot better and figure out if they were just trying to bait me to join a wagon or if they actually wanted me to vote to help the town.

I focused on Slaxx because he was a main wagon, and those were some of the posts that caught my eye, and because I have notoriously misread Slaxx in the past and being able to read him here is a big priority.

I posted because I don't want a repeat of the last time I played with scum-Menalque, where I caught him on D3 but I got mislynched instead and town lost.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #807 (isolation #96) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:15 pm

In post 805, LuckyLuciano wrote:Wouldn't you, as town!S_S be in a better position than me, not!S_S, to explain why town!S_S would make those posts?
To some extent, sure. But you know what the town wincon is, and you know what things townies generally do to further the wincon (ask questions, try to work out reads, try to form good wagons and work together with other townies). So it's not as if you aren't able to imagine why I might make those posts as town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #809 (isolation #97) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:24 pm

In post 808, LuckyLuciano wrote:Do you think town!doggo tries to direct your actions? If yes, why are you trying to appease town players? If no, why aren't you ISOing his posts to better develop your read on the slot?
Yes, I think they might want me take certain actions to further the town wincon. I don't see how I'm appeasing them, since I didn't vote on Suji or Slaxx like they asked. I'm trying to understand why they want the thing they want.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #811 (isolation #98) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:27 pm

In post 808, LuckyLuciano wrote:2/5 is a main wagon? When you said you were going to try to show that you were town by rereading the DP and posting your thoughts, was your mindset that of discovering scum or appeasing town?
2/5 is a main wagon when he's the only other person at more than 1.

I don't know why you keep using the word "appeasing." This is a team game. To win, we must work together. If I do something other people want me to do, I am not "appeasing" them. I am helping them and directly furthering my wincon.

I did the reread because other people (as well as I) wanted me to be more active, both so they could hear my thoughts and so they could read me better. I did the reread to get myself more engaged in the game, with the intent of trying to get better reads as well as helping people get better reads on me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #812 (isolation #99) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:29 pm

In post 808, LuckyLuciano wrote:Soooooo, were you just posting that to vent about the past? Is this thread therapeutic for you?
No? I want that to not happen again. I feel like that's pretty obvious.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #813 (isolation #100) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:30 pm

In post 810, LuckyLuciano wrote:Do you think that town!doggo believes they have such a good read on the game that they would direct other players DP1, or do you think it's an ego thing for them?
Like I said, team game. If you recall, their directions were "vote Suji or Slaxx", which feels like a mindset of "we should get two competing wagons and people should consolidate on them", which is completely understandable. They don't need to have an ironclad read to give directions, just a thought about what the gamestate should be like.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #816 (isolation #101) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:31 pm

Why?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #817 (isolation #102) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:32 pm

I don't want the day to end yet.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #822 (isolation #103) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:35 pm

I'm implying that I won't vote until I'm ready for the day to end. This is a general policy I abide by, but in this particular situation, yes it's possible that someone hammers before I'd like the day to end.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #823 (isolation #104) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:36 pm

In post 821, Heaven wrote:You know, it really hurts your credibility for how much of the game you've actually read when you keep making these basic votecount errors.
Who is this directed at?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #825 (isolation #105) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:38 pm

In post 820, LuckyLuciano wrote:Possibly. I'm just trying to get him a bit riled up to see how his tone changes when he's emotional.
That's a reasonable goal, if the execution was a bit rude and manipulative. But it won't be useful on everyone.

What kind of alignment-indicative response were you hoping to get?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #829 (isolation #106) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:43 pm

I can link you to some posts where I've gotten emotional, if you want. It doesn't happen often.

When I'm frustrated (usually at someone being stubborn or refusing to listen), I get ranty and try to explain things in as simple and emphatic terms as I can. Usually doesn't come out in an alignment-indicative way, since even if scum I'll usually only get frustrated over something I do genuinely believe in.

When I'm upset or unhappy, usually it manifests by naked voting and being terse and evasive. This has been towny before, usually because of the timing.

When I'm happy or proud of myself, I usually won't alter my posting much, except for maybe being a bit more friendly and jokey.

When I'm stressed I'll make a lot of short posts and change my mind a lot. (Note that this is not the only condition under which I'll do that.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #831 (isolation #107) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:46 pm

In post 828, Heaven wrote:So you'd interpret after the fact if his emotional response was towny or scummy without making any advance predictions?

That's a cool way to avoid confirmation bias.
It actually seems more prone to confirmation bias, since if you say "town will react like X and scum will react like Y" then you have no say in the matter and the reaction is either towny or scummy (or neither), whereas if you don't lay that out ahead of time you can let your prior read color your interpretation of the response.

Doesn't mean it's impossible to do it without confbias. It can still be a workable system, but of course your results are going to vary wildly from person to person.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #833 (isolation #108) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:48 pm

Wasn't sure if that was sarcastic or not, I felt it was worth elaborating on in either case.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #835 (isolation #109) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:49 pm

I almost said "not sure if sarcastic" but that's pretty insulting if something is not sarcastic :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #838 (isolation #110) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:09 pm

S_S is fine as an unambiguous abbreviation.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #850 (isolation #111) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:11 pm

In post 849, Best Buds wrote:You have to actually use your vote, sorry
Who said I wasn't going to?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #851 (isolation #112) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:12 pm

I don't appreciate being bullied.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #854 (isolation #113) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:22 pm

And you can't read my posts?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #857 (isolation #114) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:30 pm

In post 855, Best Buds wrote:I can but votes and posts are different woof woof
Well, yeah. But you can see where I stand without seeing who I vote. What do you need the vote for?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #859 (isolation #115) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:33 pm

I definitely said I preferred Suji.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #861 (isolation #116) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:38 pm

Sure, when I feel like we've gotten enough out of the day.

Several players haven't checked in since activity picked up. So I would definitely be interested in what they have to say, especially since Suji is one of them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #863 (isolation #117) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:37 pm

Chalk it up to clashing playstyles?

You're definitely not the first person to be thrown for a loop by it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #868 (isolation #118) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:43 am

In some cases, yes. I don't always do this. I only do it when I feel the time left in the day will be more productive than unproductive. In this case, we had a long spell of apathy, and activity only recently picked up. The game has only really gotten interesting in the last 24 hours or so, at least for me. So I expect the next 24 hours to be people reacting to and digesting the interesting things that have happened, rather than spinning wheels and making pointless noise.

Even if D1's on average produce less information than the other days, it doesn't mean that all D1's will be low-information.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #869 (isolation #119) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:44 am

I'm sure the relationship between those variables (total D1 postcount and town win %) is not linear. It's a bell curve, probably, and I definitely don't think we're on the right side of it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #871 (isolation #120) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:52 am

And I'm saying that's a linear fallacy.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #888 (isolation #121) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:15 am

In post 885, SirCakez wrote:Slaxx replacing out kinda seems like a scum move so I guess we can go there.
Why do you think it was AI and not RL related?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #903 (isolation #122) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:07 am

@Mod: Is LuckyLunatic a hydra or an alt? If a hydra, who's the main of the other head?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #904 (isolation #123) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:08 am

Hi Dany! Happy birthday!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #906 (isolation #124) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:28 am

So is inaccurate, then?

It's against the rules to mislead people about whether you're a hydra or not.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #908 (isolation #125) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:35 am

I think it's spelled B-A-D J-O-K-E.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #911 (isolation #126) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:38 am

It's not like you need my vote to end the day...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #912 (isolation #127) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:39 am

And we just had a replacement. I'd like to hear from him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #922 (isolation #128) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:01 am

In post 916, iDanyboy wrote:What do you think of SirCakes, his my strongest read, where as I don't have much of a read on anyone else.
I have a terrible track record at reading him, though I do think he's fairly towny this game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #979 (isolation #129) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:29 pm

Huh?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #980 (isolation #130) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:31 pm

I commented on maybe a dozen posts out of 700. How is that "almost everything"?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #982 (isolation #131) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:37 pm

Townlean.

I still don't get what you are referring to or why you don't like it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #984 (isolation #132) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:57 pm

In post 983, Best Buds wrote:it felt like you could be making content for the sake of making content.
I mean, isn't that what playing mafia is? I was having a hard time coming up with stuff to say, so I did a reread with the intent to dive a little deeper than I had thus far. Of course my goal with that string of posts was to make content.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #989 (isolation #133) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:04 pm

In post 985, Best Buds wrote:I mean, I think the normal thing to do is to comment on stuff you have an opinion about. There's no point in commenting on stuff with just "ok" for the sake of doing it. It feels vaguely scummy to me because it feels like you're trying to look like you're solving.
Where did I do that?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #992 (isolation #134) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:11 pm

I haven't taken agency away from the rest of the town. Every person is free to change their vote to whomever they want.

I'm still leaning toward lynching Suji.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #995 (isolation #135) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:16 pm

I mean every short take gave an opinion, so I don't really see how you can equate it to commenting pointlessly without offering an opinion.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #997 (isolation #136) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:20 pm

In post 993, LuckyLunatic wrote:Not really. If you vote one wagon or the other, and we don't hammer them, we risk the day expiring in a no lynch. The closer we get to the deadline, the more of a reality this becomes.
My vote is actually less likely to lock in a lynch than anyone else's. If, for instance, Menalque were to vote Dany, that would make the Dany wagon at 4 and the Suji wagon at 1 and it would make it extremely unlikely for anyone other than Dany to be lynched. Whereas, if I voted Dany, he'd be at 4 and Suji would be at 2, which is less lopsided.

If you want to say that people are unlikely to switch and my vote is important because it's a tiebreaker, then sure, I agree with that. But every person has used their agency in choosing who to vote, and I haven't taken any of that away.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #998 (isolation #137) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:21 pm

I think I'm fine with doing this though.

VOTE: Sujimichi
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1000 (isolation #138) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:26 pm

In post 999, LuckyLunatic wrote:I can't tell if you are being intentionally thick or if you have honestly never seen a day end in a no lynch because people aren't online to hammer.
I have. I don't understand what's so magical about my vote that would keep the day from ending in a no-lynch when another person's vote would not.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1001 (isolation #139) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:27 pm

In post 999, LuckyLunatic wrote:You are assuming people will be online to switch their votes.
So are you. You just said that whoever I vote would probably be lynched; how would that happen if nobody was online to hammer?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1003 (isolation #140) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:32 pm

I guess we'll see.

It's not like everyone had to wait for me to organize on a wagon. They haven't really made any effort to push a wagon through to a lynch (something which very well could have happened without me).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1005 (isolation #141) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:35 pm

Suji mislynch would be better. In my experience Suji is much harder to read than Dany.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1009 (isolation #142) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:19 pm

You're preaching team play by trying to pin the responsibility for making sure town lynches on me, when it should be on everyone. It's not like people need to wait for me to start consolidating on a wagon, and it's not like they can't ask me and others who we'd be willing to vote.

Your thought experiment is jumping to extremes; I voted with 12 hours left, not 10 minutes. And I should think that if people spent the whole day talking and not voting, they'd come to some consensus, and the votes would not be a surprise. Just like my vote was not a surprise-- I mentioned that I'd probably vote Suji days ago.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1070 (isolation #143) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:12 am

I'm amazed that scum thought there was a higher priority roleblock target than Dany.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1073 (isolation #144) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 am

I didn't give any indication of who I would guard to either of my neighbors. I didn't guard anyone.

I think I'm cleared here since I had no way of knowing Dany would be on me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1075 (isolation #145) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:48 am

In post 1046, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:No, scum!SS would've done it to lock the idea that he was nightkilled.

Its not exactly hard to believe that he would bodyguard SS and its very unlikely anyone would bodyguard Dany
It's the type of thing I might do yes, but it's completely devastating if Dany ends up not guarding me, since listing me as a townlean before a scumflip that radically changes the gamestate is not exactly ironclad evidence that he'd guard me. If I'm scum I don't think my situation is dire enough to risk essentially everything like that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1135 (isolation #146) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:05 am

In post 1132, Menalque wrote:@SS when you get here can you give your read on me and on buds?
I feel like you've been way too much of a nonpresence for me to get a good read despite your massive postcount, but this could be my fault rather than yours. Probably because you weren't there when I was most engaged. Can you link the pages that you think are most telling on your alignment?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1137 (isolation #147) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:17 am

I thought Dany only announced he was guarding me immediately before the end of the night?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1216 (isolation #148) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:44 pm

In post 1211, Heaven wrote:Can I get one with just my best pal SS?
What do you want that for?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1226 (isolation #149) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:55 pm

In post 1221, SirCakez wrote:Lucky's lurking here is so scummy it seems likely to me they are trying to let town eat itself alive
But if Lucky is scum, that's exactly what town isn't doing...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1228 (isolation #150) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:01 pm

I mean it's a fight but it's not a fight that's gonna cause town to drop their read on Lucky and it also doesn't seem to really be impacting anyone outside of it so at worst 1/3 of the town is eating itself alive.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1253 (isolation #151) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:28 am

In post 1249, Menalque wrote:yo SS what's your take on buds anyway?
I really have no opinion on anything from them except them baiting me to hammer Suji, on which I definitely have an opinion but I don't know what it is.

I think it's towny???
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1255 (isolation #152) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:31 am

If I'm being honest Menalque I have at least decent reasons not to lynch everyone except you. I don't know if this is on me or on you but I really haven't seen anything from you that I don't think you could fake as scum.

In your opinion, where's the point in the game where your posts are most telling of your alignment?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1265 (isolation #153) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:58 am

In post 1256, Menalque wrote:do you think you can normally see things from me that I can't fake as scum or ?
We've only been town together a few times, right? In Pokemon Fusion I pegged you as town pretty early on, and in AvP I suspected you initially but that read worked itself out after a while.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1317 (isolation #154) » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:42 am

They didn't. We didn't talk at all.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1343 (isolation #155) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:48 am

In post 1332, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:idr why exactly I just townbinned S_S on d2 but I remember it being compelling enough to want to sheep it
I was obviously the target of the N1 kill, lol.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1370 (isolation #156) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:39 pm

Sometimes wishes do come true.

I don't want to think about this game though. I can't read you, I can't read Buds, I can't really read Menalque since he just never got around to engaging (and him 1v1ing is not very alignment indicative).

I can sometimes read Alisae. I'll reread em when I get a minute.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1374 (isolation #157) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:11 pm

I think Alyssa's town, I don't think that's really a controversial read though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1384 (isolation #158) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:40 pm

In post 1371, Alisae wrote:man, this is why we should honestly try hydraing sometime.
I'd be down :]
The most important thing is to try and in late game, it seems like I thrive while u just don’t really know what to do? This is what I mostly felt during AvP where sure, you were conftown, but it seemed like u were struggling to do things?
I don't know honestly, my motivation can turn on a dime for reasons that I can't always place. Sometimes external factors play a part, sometimes I just get disconnected and tilted by a bad lynch or bad night result (see: Pick Your Power where the person I used my JOAT cop shot on died that night and I was tilted for the entire day afterward), sometimes I just feel like I can't get any good reads or accomplish anything. Being conftown adds to that last bit because I don't even have anything to prove.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1385 (isolation #159) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:41 pm

I would like to see arguments and reasoning I can engage with. The Ali/Cakez shitfight that went on on the past page was not that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1405 (isolation #160) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:05 am

Kanna's paranoia of me and defense of SirCakez reads as pretty genuine.

I still don't really have any issues with your slot.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1406 (isolation #161) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:06 am

Tentatively I'm okay with killing SirCakez and Alisae in either order.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1411 (isolation #162) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:23 am

I can identify RC and FL when they're playing on alts. Beyond that, nope.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1418 (isolation #163) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:12 am

In post 1416, SirCakez wrote:That's how scum wins.
Unless Alisae is scum, in which case us reconsidering is how e wins...?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1422 (isolation #164) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:24 am

In post 1421, Alisae wrote:
In post 1420, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:this was impressively useless as a reaction test
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1472 (isolation #165) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:50 am

Sorry. I blame the site for making me not want to post yesterday.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1476 (isolation #166) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:59 am

In post 1474, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:I think I'm close to just saying fuck it and lynching alisae/cakez back to back in whatever order

and if it happens to both hit town, then oh well
Same
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1481 (isolation #167) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:27 am

I'm not really sure you had any way to win. I guess your best shot might have been to act completely lost and try to look like you had no agenda?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1484 (isolation #168) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:31 am

In post 1482, Alisae wrote:Like I honestly come to the exact same conclusion I come to as town here and probably push it the exact same way.
But if you're town then we probably still win by lynching you today because your conclusion is probably RIGHT.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1486 (isolation #169) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:33 am

I guess maybe your best shot is to come in and try to hard pocket SirCakez?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1488 (isolation #170) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:33 am

In post 1485, Alisae wrote:Ok but now u have to realize that in F3 with significantly higher stakes
yeah but I think everyone alive would have just instavoted Cakez in F3 if you flipped town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1493 (isolation #171) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:36 am

In post 1489, Alisae wrote:no
Your not an optimal push
Buds isn’t an optimal push
Alyssa kinda but I don’t feel like I could win that today
But that's exactly why it might work-- you have to come in and do something that it makes no sense for you to do as scum.

What you did, though I could see it as town, was pretty much exactly what I felt you would be doing as scum there, and I already was scummy on your slot so I was never gonna let you endgame. I'd guess Alyssa was the same way.

Even if you end up flipping on Cakez in F3 you have to look like you don't have a plan for endgaming.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1497 (isolation #172) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:38 am

What was your plan to win F3? I don't think anyone doesn't vote you if we flip Cakez and he's green.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1500 (isolation #173) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:39 am

In post 1499, Alisae wrote:PT says yes but what I actually decided to do I’m keeping a secret
Well that's a shame, I wish we'd lynched Cakez now so I could see it :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1501 (isolation #174) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:40 am

Though I'm also happy that I finally read him correctly for once :lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1503 (isolation #175) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:42 am

In post 1502, Alisae wrote:If Alyssa does go on SS, then it makes no sense for me to kill Alyssa
Who does it make sense for you to kill? Surely not Buds?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1551 (isolation #176) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:37 pm

You can release my PT's.

Sorry you had to replace out Menalque, hope everything is ok.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1555 (isolation #177) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:53 pm

In post 1552, Alisae wrote:no one here cares about NKA
Especially in a game where it's hard to figure out who was actually targeted for the kill :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1561 (isolation #178) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:06 am

Plotinus wrote:
Also you two now have a room! It is this one. You can't talk to or about each other in the public thread during the night phase.
Lmao Plot you are great :lol:

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”