Micro 931: Avalon Mafia

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Farkran »

I was yelling all the way with alisae while scum was writing alone that with our play we could NEVER be persival - i mean, we had Chemist as morgana, gobble as town, like wtf guys :lol:

FA you're too salty for a player that knew the full scumteam from the beginning, things aren't that easy when you know nothing. We had shiro as scum pretty early, then we isolated two possible worlds that would have led us to PoE all scum before lylo, but to be fair probably we wouldn't have been able to have town follow us. I can't speak for alisae postgame but i never thought you have gamethrown - i think you shouldn't have claimed persival and have more faith in the town lategame but that's it. Everyone makes mistakes, and in retrospect after seeing how scum arrived at the conclusion that you were merlin i am really surprised by their reasoning - they considered us for roles that couldn't possibly be true based on our play, and didn't consider chemist as merlin who played a very well game imo, as well as klick (but at least they noticed). Claiming that you were not persival, from our position where we couldn't possibly ever be persival, looked way less bad of a decision BEFORE we learned that scum ignored the evidence that we had absolutely no idea who was merlin or morgana in this game and therefore we couldn't be the real persival.

Also by the way i never participated in this game, alisae never shared account info so e signed my posts :shifty:

i didn't lose i was a spectator i swear
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:55 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 618, Frozen Angel wrote:@Farkan

I'm too salty for your insult not for the loose. You played bad but that's another discussion.

apologize for what you said about me on day 3 and we're cool.
Please note that i never insulted you, literally never, neither in public or private. I never said you threw, never said you played poorly, never implied anything of the sort and if anybody made you think otherwise they misinterpreted/misreported me, presumably on good faith but that was still a mistake. I think you could do better, of course, just as much as i/we could do better.

We can discuss our respective plays, but from my side i have never offended you OR your play and if you perceived anything different, i apologize on the account of whoever or whatever made you think that i was judging you as a person or your playstyle.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:06 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 473, Wonderwell wrote:
In post 471, Wonderwell wrote:VOTE: Chemist
I think this is what we want after discussing what we think
This is the correct play to make today.

FA claiming Percival made this game harder by several orders to magnitude. The good news is that Chemist is morgana, it makes no sense for chemist to be anything else than morgana, and a chemist flip will allow us to gamesolve immediately.

-Farkran
To be even more clear, if you are referring to this post - which i think is the only one where i addressed you specifically - it did not imply that you played poorly. It was part of the wifom to let the PR stay hidden, because at the time we had you as either persival or VT and we didn't want the info to be safely published.

Note that, if scum were to pay any attention to our play, it would have been impossible for us to be persival and therefore our counterclaim is completely void. I still don't know how scum could possibly believe that Wonderwell as a persival made any sense, but before shooting in the dark note that we have been considered as merlin just slightly less than klick and we still lynched all scum, so i wouldn't describe this town as a group that played "badly" overall. Scum had a 20% base chance to guess merlin randomly, they managed to narrow the pool to 3 people and raise their chances to 33% but i also don't know why they ruled out of chemist.

pedit: if we can restart our discussion on neutral ground, without any offense given or taken from both sides - i know that our reads weren't perfect, but i mean, we were VTs and you were merlin. Of course we could be way more accurate with our reads, but i think you could have had a bit more faith in the town lategame instead of drawing attention, that's the "biggest" mistake you made in this game imo and it's not such a huge mistake to call you a gamethrower, not nearly enough
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:25 am

Post by Farkran »

We actually took a huge amount of notes and discussed a lot in discord (me and ali), so, to summarize our reasoning/decisions in this game:

- Day 1 we knew shit, we scumread klick initially but eventually came to scumreading shiro and willing to lynch him regardless of PR reads.
- Day 2 we started analyzing scum interactions with shiro, thought about how the PRs would play and that ended up believing that Merlin would join a wagon against scum mid-position, but probably wouldn't spearhead a scum lynch very early. That was just an assumption, but after seeing FA had a deathtunnel against gobble and declared to have no reads on shiro, we ruled out FA as a plausible merlin and decided that Kerset could be the player to sheep. FA was also in our scumpool so we lynched FA d2. We were very surprised by the persival claim
- During d3 we tried to produce an explanation for that claim after the town fllip, but couldn't come up with any that we liked, so we scrapped our kerset=merlin theory and looked for a world where things would make sense, and we identified two options that could have been easily verified by lynching either chemist or gobble.

This is our last relevant position, once we sort out between those two, game was solved (dk was morg instead of gobble but w/e)

Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:33 am

Post by Farkran »

Anyways, the game is way more scumsided than the average setup here on ms. They start with a base 20% chance to win the game regardless of read accuracy, then they go from there up with a chance of winning by surviving, or ruling out implausible merlins at endgame.

I don't mean this as criticism, i think it's roughly the exact amount of balance a game should have. I am a strong supporter of stronger scum setups on ms, this is pretty much where i would place the ideal spot.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 655, Frozen Angel wrote:In the contrary, I think we all played day 1 really badly. Horribly awful. a lot of faulty reads being thrown out without actual reasoning and then being used as base read - which most kept till later stages of game without evaluating them. No one was trying to understand there is mod information in-game so sheeping is actually very important in this game - to trust more than your own reads - and that to hide it they must act like they are merlin too - all beside Klick. Yes scum might add misinformation - that's what must be done here - hunting between information and misinformation and acting like it's your own. players including merlin must be more active pushing this and that and "finding the mod information that they know exists in-game"

not all being passive and pushing random crap the way their heart desires.

pedit: and true that this game is scumsided. mechanics are interesting - its just the nature of game to give scum more chance to win and make it harder for town.
Well, i guess this is where we disagree mostly, and before determining who's correct i'd like to play this setup again, with a different role, and i suggest that you do the same if the opportunity arises. It is my opinion that added knowledge changes your perpspective dramatically, because you subconsciously notice things that would be otherwise drowned into a sea of wifom. I mean, when you have mod-knowledge that lets you filter the useless information given by the ignorant players, be them town or scum, it's easier to say "how could you miss this? It was freaking obvious omg". It's very similar to the metaphor of finding a needle in a haystack - it gets way easier when you have a metal detector, doesn't matter if the needle stings whereas the straws do not - it's really not obvious when you have no tool to work with.

I think d1 was played the way the setup was meant to be played, all town players should strive to display an average amount of ignorance but still lynching correct in the end. Now if it was possible, the perfect town should have perfect reads at all times, but this is not a realistic expectation. I think merlin could afford to allow a mislynch to happen, and then comeback with a good progression on scum on the following days if the town reads fall subpar during d2.

If i had another advice to share, it would be for persival not to push merlin or morgana before he had a clear view of the full setup, so that he can act as a merlin substitute if needed. For instance - and i have already told this to kerset - if he pushed gobble d2, this game would have been sooooo much different and town might probably have won. I'm 100% sure we would have sheeped him on gobble, FA was already on him so that means gobble is L-1 with klick or chemist ready to hammer at their own discretion. Then persival can push against his best guess at morgana and create wifom. This is a mistake from morgana as well, because if morgana and merlin agrees on their scumreads, it's bad for scum to defend assuming persival is doing a good job :wink:
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 657, Kerset wrote:Chemist, klick, wonderwell: Why did you decide to pick shiro on d1?
No gamesolving attempt from the slot after several pages with intense interactions, i would lynch there in any mafia game
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 660, Klick wrote:
In post 350, RadiantCowbells wrote:Votecount 1.15

Shiro (5): DkKoba, Chemist1422, Wonderwell, Frozen Angel, Klick
Klick (1): gobbledygook
Chemist1422 (1): Kerset
gobbledygook (0):
Kerset (0):
Wonderwell (0):
DkKoba (0):
Frozen Angel (0):

Not Voting: Shiro

With 8 alive it's 5 to lynch.

Doesn't seem like I need to be imposing a deadline here TbH
What I find interesting here actually is that Kerset knew Morgana was on the scum wagon
I feel like this VC points strongly to gobble-scum from Kerset's point of view tbh
Precisely my point <3
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Farkran »

We can agree that persival should always lynch a player who is scumread by both merlin and morgana, it pretty much cannot fail and awards merlin points to persival and away from merlin
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:38 am

Post by Farkran »

somebody host a new instance avalon mafia already, and give me a scum rolepm
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:42 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 597, RadiantCowbells wrote:Anyone interested in seeing this run again?

I thought it was neat.
/prein to any host
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:46 pm

Post by Farkran »