Micro 936 - several lovers mafia games

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Micro 936 - several lovers mafia games

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:05 am

Post by xyzzy »

Last edited by xyzzy on Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:36 am, edited 16 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:06 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is mostly just my standard ruleset; a few specific changes have been italicized. please read the whole thing, but please also take special note of the italicized portions, which are especially important.

game rules
  1. site rules:

2. obey all site rules. you can read the site rules here.
  3. do not discuss the game in any capacity outside of this game thread unless your role gives you explicit permission to do so. if you are allowed to do so, I will provide you with a private topic where you can do so.
  4. do not harass other players in this game. while a certain level of confrontation and argumentation is typical in Mafia games, do not bring personal vendettas or outside influences into the game. additionally, do not harm or threaten to harm any person.

game conduct:

5. play to win the game. there is a chance that you will lose the game, but do your best to avoid that, and do not deliberately throw the game.
    keep in mind that winning this game is a matter of demonstrating over the course of several games that you deserve to win, which is completely subjective, so in theory this one is impossible to fail at! alright!

6. do not use the color #8C0000.
  7. do not use any sort of cryptography, hidden text, or other similar methods to hide information in the game thread unless your role explicitly states that you may do so. if you are unsure of what is not allowed, PM me for clarification.
  8. do not quote information from private threads or from the moderator in the game thread.
  9. if you have access to a private thread, assume that that is the only place where you may communicate privately with the other people in that thread unless your role explicitly says otherwise.
  10. I might amend or change some of these rules on a game by game basis, which will be clearly announced at the beginning of each game. for example, there could be a game where exclusively using the color #8C0000 is mandatory. what fun!

joining the game, leaving the game, and activity:

11. at the beginning of each game, you will receive a role PM. please confirm by telling me your alignment and any players whose alignment you know, along with a brief summary of any non-vanilla abilities you have.
    there aren't any non-vanilla abilities in this game, but do you think I'm gonna delete words? hell no

12. the manner in which roles are distributed might change from game to game. for example, I might choose to distribute roles randomly, or I might choose to ask a third party to assign roles to you. I will clearly announce the manner in which roles are being assigned at the beginning of each game.

13. if you will be away from the site for a set period of time, please post in the thread letting the other players know this and PM me, and update the "Vacation / Limited Access" info in the User Control Panel. if you are regularly V/LA at certain times (such as during the weekend), you only need to do this once.
  14. if you do not post for the duration of a game day (24 hours), I will prod you; failure to respond to prods or needing to be prodded repeatedly throughout the game might result in a replacement. there is no specific threshold for this, but I will let you know if I think this will become an issue.
  15. if you need to be replaced for any reason, you may message me with information to be passed on to the player who replaces you. this isn't mandatory, but if there's strategic advice you'd like to offer to whomever replaces you, you can do this.

gameplay:

16. living players may vote to lynch living players by writing
    vote: player
    or VOTE: player in the game thread. you may also vote for no lynch.
  17. once the majority of living players are voting to lynch a player, that player will die.
  18. if you have died, please do not post in the thread anymore. you are not officially considered dead until I announce your death in the game thread.
  19. each day will have a deadline of 24 hours.
    this number is subject to change on a game by game basis, especially if the players request a longer or shorter game.

20. sample role PMs for both factions are included at the bottom of this post.

moderator responsibilities:

21. I will not edit your posts unless your post breaks the rules in such a way that information needs to be removed from it or quotes a post that does that, or you ask me to edit it to fix a broken tag. I will provide a brief explanation of the edit and, in cases of fixing broken tags, will end the post with a spoiler containing the complete original text of the post.
  22. if you have a pronoun listed on your account, I will use that to refer to you. otherwise, I will default to referring to you as "they"/"them". if you do not have a pronoun listed on your account but wish for me to refer to you using some other pronoun, message me to let me know.
  23. I will do my best to keep the game running as smoothly as possible, but there will be times when I'm not around. I will do my best to post a votecount every day, and potentially more frequently than that if a substantial number of new posts have been made.
  24. I reserve the right to modify these rules at any time if necessary.
    ohohoho

the most important, most fundamental rules of all:

25. remember the Midnight Amendments:
    1. be cool.
    2. c’mon.
    3. nice.
  26. thanks for vibing and keeping it tight. if you need me, I'm on my mobile.

sample town role PMyou are a
townie
!

as long as you are alive, during the day, you can vote and post in the game thread.

win condition: you win when all members of the mafia are dead, or when nothing can prevent this.

sample mafia role PMyou are a
mafia goon
along with
playername
!

as long as you are alive, during the day, you can vote and post in the game thread.

win condition: you win when all members of the town are dead, or when nothing can prevent this.
Last edited by xyzzy on Sat May 02, 2020 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:15 am

Post by xyzzy »

for game 1, roles will be distributed in the following partially random manner: I have pre-selected 2 numbers
n
and
m
such that either
n
+1=
m
or
m
+1=
n
. I will generate 2 6-sided die rolls in this post and add them to
n
and
m
respectively, then take the resulting number mod 6 and give the mafia roles to the two players corresponding to those numbers on the player list in the opening post.

Original Roll String: 2d6
2 6-Sided Dice: (3, 6) = 9
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:19 am

Post by xyzzy »

roles have been sent for game 1, which will begin once everyone has confirmed.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:56 am

Post by xyzzy »

I'm waiting on a confirmation from a player who has read their role PM but has not responded to it. if this is you, I'm sending you a reminder to do so momentarily.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 1.1.16 players not voting (Aristophanes, Jake The Wolfie, Allomancer, Eve, RedFlavor, Equinox)

mod notes:
welcome to game one, day one! so first, note that I'm notating votecounts as x.y.z, where x is the game number, y is the day number, and z is the votecount number. this is a little different than formatting I've used in the past since this one features an indeterminate number of subgames.

while this game will use very rapid deadlines, as noted in the rules, I'm flexible if you'd like to slow down the clock a bit.

also, I'll be a bit more conversational than usual; while I won't commentate on the game uninvited, feel free to ask me any questions you have about anything. I want this one to feel like the forum equivalent of playing Mafia on the back of the bus in high school on the way to a competition, if that makes sense, so maintaining the "pretend like I'm not reading the game" vibe doesn't really make sense for this one.

also, deadline is 24 hours from when this post goes through, but the countdown tag is a big hassle, and this one is nightless anyway, so, y'know, I'm not gonna get worked up about the specifics.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #32 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 1.1.22 votes for Allomancer (Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor)
1 vote for Equinox (Allomancer)

3 players not voting (Aristophanes, Eve, Equinox)

mod notes:
forgot to explicitly clarify what happens at deadline in the rules because I'm a fool, so here's what's up: the day will end, resetting the votecount. the game is nightless, so it will just become day 2, but after 3 days without any deaths, the game will be a draw. (yes, this means that days are technically equivalent to 72 hours, but you have to successfully all vote in a 24 hour period._
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #94 (isolation #7) » Fri May 01, 2020 9:14 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 1.1.34 votes for Allomancer (Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor, Equinox, Aristophanes)
1 vote for Equinox (Allomancer)

1 player not voting (Eve)

mod notes:
my apologies for the lack of a votecount and end of day yesterday -- it was my roommate's birthday, and it was also my "get all my groceries for the week, oh god, try not to forget anything" day,
and
I DMed what was supposed to be a 2-hour D&D one-shot that turned into 4 hours due to the aforementioned birthday, so between everything going on I just didn't get the chance to head on over here.

Allomancer has died and was a townie.

votecount 1.2.15 players not voting (Eve, Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor, Equinox, Aristophanes)

mod notes:
anyway, I'll do my best from here on out to be more conscientious keeping this thing going; sorry about the hiccup there.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #113 (isolation #8) » Sat May 02, 2020 8:05 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 1.2.23 votes for Aristophanes (RedFlavor, Jake The Wolfie, Equinox)
1 vote for RedFlavor (Aristophanes)

mod notes:

Aristophanes died and was a townie.

Equinox and Jake The Wolfie win! the numbers I chose were 3 and 4, and by coincidence 3 and 4 were the dice results, so by default the roles had to go to 6 and 8 (which reduces to 2 mod 6).

for game 2, roles will be distributed in a similar manner to game 1, except the numbers were chosen by my IRL D&D group, and I didn't tell them what the numbers were for.

also, I'm not going to lock the thread during the phase between games. please don't discuss the game here, though, and confirm via PM as normal.

2 6-Sided Dice: (4, 2) = 6
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #118 (isolation #9) » Sat May 02, 2020 10:38 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 115, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 113, xyzzy wrote:please don't discuss the game here, though
What can we discuss here? :)
anything that isn't game 2 of this game! you can discuss game 1 or you can speculate about games 3+ or you can discuss the news of the day
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #125 (isolation #10) » Sun May 03, 2020 6:05 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 2.1.16 players not voting (Aristophanes, Jake The Wolfie, Allomancer, Eve, RedFlavor, Equinox)

mod notes:
I don't have anything noteworthy to say in this mod note! listen I'm doing my mcfreakin best over here, sometimes a mod note is just nothing
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #139 (isolation #11) » Mon May 04, 2020 5:01 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 2.1.21 player voting for Jake The Wolfie (Allomancer)
1 player voting for RedFlavor (Jake The Wolfie)
1 player voting for Equinox (RedFlavor)

3 players not voting (Aristophanes, Equinox, Eve)

mod notes:
this morning while I showered I thought about this "picking random numbers" business. I wonder if you all will come to the same conclusions I did about it? anyway, I'm prodding Equinox.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #142 (isolation #12) » Mon May 04, 2020 8:27 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 2.2.16 players not voting (Aristophanes, Equinox, Eve, Allomancer, Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor)

mod notes:
while no one was looking a couple hours ago, it became day 2.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #156 (isolation #13) » Tue May 05, 2020 4:03 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 2.2.23 players voting for no lynch (RedFlavor, Allomancer, Eve)
1 player voting for RedFlavor (Aristophanes)

2 players not voting (Equinox, Jake The Wolfie)

mod notes:
a fun fact about me is that I require a majority vote for no lynch. most moderators only require half of the votes for an even number of players. I reject that method outright!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #158 (isolation #14) » Tue May 05, 2020 4:38 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 2.2.34 players voting for no lynch (RedFlavor, Allomancer, Eve, Equinox)

1 player not voting (Jake The Wolfie)

mod notes:
great work, everyone!

votecount 2.3.16 players not voting (Aristophanes, Jake The Wolfie, Allomancer, Eve, RedFlavor, Equinox)

mod notes:
here's an interesting fact: my last two posts in this thread were made from my phone. it is somewhat hard to post votecounts from my phone, and it keeps suggesting emojis to me, which is disappointing to me as a person who wants to use emojis on this website.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #174 (isolation #15) » Wed May 06, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 2.3.24 players voting for Jake The Wolfie (RedFlavor, Aristophanes, Allomancer, Equinox)
1 player voting for Allomancer (Eve)

mod notes:
this is the mod note for votecount 2.3.2.

Jake The Wolfie died and was a townie.

votecount 2.4.15 players not voting (Aristophanes, Allomancer, Eve, RedFlavor, Equinox)

mod notes:
nothing much to report in this one, I suppose.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #184 (isolation #16) » Thu May 07, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 2.4.25 players not voting (Aristophanes, Eve, RedFlavor, Equinox, Allomancer)

mod notes:
this is a very useful votecount that provides new information.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #186 (isolation #17) » Thu May 07, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I take pride in making sure that when someone votes and then unvotes that their name gets moved to the end of the list, since they're now the person who is most recently not voting.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #194 (isolation #18) » Fri May 08, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I prodded most of you. also, it's day 5.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #209 (isolation #19) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:27 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 2.5.13 players voting for Aristophanes (Eve, RedFlavor, Equinox)

2 players not voting (Aristophanes, Allomancer)

mod notes:
Equinox what are you gonna do for your 9999th post. you're at 9997 right now

Aristophanes died and was a townie.

RedFlavor and Equinox win!

game 3 will have roles distributed in a manner similar to game 1, except that
m
and
n
are two prime numbers such that
m
=
n
+ 2, also known as twin primes. you can view a list of the first 100000 sets of twin primes here, though it is not guaranteed to be one from this list.

2 6-Sided Dice: (1, 1) = 2
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #220 (isolation #20) » Sun May 10, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 3.1.16 players not voting (Aristophanes, Equinox, Eve, Allomancer, Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor)

mod notes:
y'all this isn't related to the game but guess what: my D&D campaign ended today on its 54th session (the last one was really session 52 part 2 and this one was the epilogue because of Reasons, listen, it's important to get the numbering for your campaign accurate). wow. one of the characters got married and some magic nonsense happened. it was a good time.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #221 (isolation #21) » Sun May 10, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by xyzzy »

(for about a minute, there was a small error in the votecount due to me copying and pasting the wrong line. it has been corrected and had no bearing on the game.)
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #226 (isolation #22) » Mon May 11, 2020 4:45 am

Post by xyzzy »

posts don't show that they're edited if there hasn't been a new post since then! I edited the post before I made the post announcing the edit
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #229 (isolation #23) » Mon May 11, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 3.1.21 player voting for RedFlavor (Eve)
1 player voting for Eve (RedFlavor)

4 players not voting (Aristophanes, Equinox, Allomancer, Jake The Wolfie)

mod notes:
I watched the 2005 film
Hot Rod
tonight. it's the funniest movie ever made. give it a watch if you haven't seen it before.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #233 (isolation #24) » Tue May 12, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 3.3.16 players not voting (Aristophanes, Equinox, Eve, Allomancer, Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor)

mod notes:
there's around 24 hours left in day 3!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #250 (isolation #25) » Thu May 14, 2020 5:16 am

Post by xyzzy »

you all failed to settle on anyone within three days, which means game 3 ends in a draw! this despite the fact that this one had an easy breaking strategy -- any pair of twin primes (such as 14234567 and 14234569, the ones I selected) can only be odd numbers, which means with the dice rolls both being odd, the town could've had an easy guaranteed win! dang

anyway, for game 4,
each of you must submit an image in the thread (either found or created) that evokes or represents the word "lovers". I will select two of you based on your images to be the mafia members.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #263 (isolation #26) » Sat May 16, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I PMed him shortly before you said that!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #268 (isolation #27) » Mon May 18, 2020 2:18 am

Post by xyzzy »

take the image url and put it inside these tags:

Code: Select all

[img][/img]
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #281 (isolation #28) » Mon May 18, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by xyzzy »

role PMs have been sent for game 4! feel free to ask me questions about the criteria I used to pick the images that corresponded to the mafia members; maybe I'll answer your question! maybe not, though.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #284 (isolation #29) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:33 am

Post by xyzzy »

still waiting on some confirmations!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #288 (isolation #30) » Wed May 20, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by xyzzy »

still waiting on a confirmation. here's some oblique, useless answers to your questions...

1. I am scum because as the moderator I am incentivized by death. I'm basically an SK.
2. I picked two players in this game whose images were in some way connected or perhaps not connected to the theme.
3. the two images were of nonidentical levels of humanness, but it's possible they were secretly very, very close.
4. aren't all images abstract? see the painting "The Treachery of Images" for further details on this answer.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #290 (isolation #31) » Wed May 20, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 4.1.16 players not voting (Aristophanes, Equinox, Eve, Allomancer, Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor)

mod notes:
we have successfully reached "several" and could stop at any point. but tell you what: I'm gonna keep going on perpetually until there's at least one town win.

Jake, that's a terrific question!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #322 (isolation #32) » Sat May 23, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by xyzzy »

hey y'all, sorry I've been absent the last couple days—it's been a rough couple ones for mental health reasons. what I'm going to do, since there hasn't been a single 24 hour period with 4 votes on the same person, is treat this day as if no time has passed—in other words, the 24 hour deadline begins with this post. that seems like the fairest option since I haven't been here to keep track of prods and whatnot. ending the day when I haven't really been here for it feels arbitrary and unfair to everyone.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #332 (isolation #33) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 4.2.16 players not voting (Aristophanes, Equinox, Eve, Allomancer, Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor)

mod notes:
no majority in the last 24 hours, so it's finally day 2! I prodded some folks.

a game where everyone is scum sounds like fun. remind me to do that next time.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #342 (isolation #34) » Tue May 26, 2020 1:26 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 4.3.16 players not voting (Aristophanes, Equinox, Eve, Allomancer, Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor)

mod notes:
starting with the next game, I think I might bump up the length of the day too around 72 hours, because it seems like actually achieving a majority in 24 is proving challenging. if anyone seriously dislikes this idea let me know why!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #353 (isolation #35) » Wed May 27, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by xyzzy »

that's another game ended with no lynch—hopefully the next one will have a more satisfying conclusion! we'll be shifting to the longer deadlines for this one.

the lovers in this one were Eve and Aristophanes. they picked images that seemed to portray lovers! for the next game, please submit an image that expresses the idea of "haters".
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #367 (isolation #36) » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by xyzzy »

role PMs sent for game 5 :)
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #369 (isolation #37) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:58 pm

Post by xyzzy »

still waiting on a couple confirmations!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #370 (isolation #38) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:30 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 5.1.16 players not voting (Aristophanes, Equinox, Eve, Allomancer, Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor)

mod notes:
as a reminder, this game has longer deadlines! this day will end no later than Sunday afternoon.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #383 (isolation #39) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 5.1.22 players voting for Eve (Allomancer, RedFlavor)
1 player voting for Aristophanes (Equinox)
1 player voting for RedFlavor (Eve)

2 players not voting (Aristophanes, Jake The Wolfie)

mod notes:
prodding Jake.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #398 (isolation #40) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 5.1.32 players voting for Eve (Allomancer, RedFlavor)
1 player voting for Aristophanes (Equinox, Jake The Wolfie)
1 player voting for RedFlavor (Eve)
1 player voting for Jake The Wolfie (Aristophanes)

0 players not voting

mod notes:
a bit over 10 hours left to go in day 1!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #404 (isolation #41) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 5.2.16 players not voting (Aristophanes, Equinox, Eve, Allomancer, Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor)

mod notes:
Equinox's vote came a few hours after deadline. it is now day 2!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #411 (isolation #42) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 5.2.22 players voting for Eve (RedFlavor, Allomancer)
1 player voting for Aristophanes (Eve)

2 players not voting (Equinox, Jake The Wolfie)

mod notes:
prodding most of you!!! okay
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #420 (isolation #43) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 5.2.34 players voting for Aristophanes (Eve, RedFlavor, Jake The Wolfie, Equinox)
1 player voting for Eve (Allomancer)

0 players not voting

mod notes:
y'all there's thunder here tonight. it's loud. what's the deal with that?!?

Aristophanes has died and was a townie.

votecount 5.3.15 players not voting ((Eve, RedFlavor, Jake The Wolfie, Equinox, Allomancer)

mod notes:
it's loud as hell!!!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #425 (isolation #44) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 5.3.23 players voting for Eve (Equinox, Allomancer, Jake The Wolfie)
1 player voting for Allomancer (RedFlavor)

mod notes:
folks I adopted a cat about a month ago and for the first time ever she is sleeping on my bed tonight. this is happening

Eve died and was a townie.

folks, it's another mafia win— Allomancer and Jake took this one home.

the plan for game 6 is this: I am going to ask a person on the site to pick two players who have not been mafia together yet to pick a pair. I am waiting on a couple people who I've asked to help out to get back to me, so it might be a bit of time on that one, but hopefully not too long. and since I implied I'd do something like this for one of these, this one will come with the restriction that everyone must post exclusively using the color #8C0000.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #429 (isolation #45) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 427, Allomancer wrote:
Who were the lovers in game 3?
Equinox and Jake!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #434 (isolation #46) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by xyzzy »

roles sent for game 6 -- they were selected by caledfwitch!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #436 (isolation #47) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:20 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 6.1.16 players not voting (Aristophanes, Equinox, Eve, Allomancer, Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor)

mod notes:
I accidently edited this one and removed the mod note! oops.
Last edited by xyzzy on Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #441 (isolation #48) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 6.1.21 player voting for Allomancer (Equinox)

4 players not voting (Eve, Allomancer, Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor)

mod notes:
Allomancer did not use the correct text color in post 438. please join me in shaming Allomancer for this.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #448 (isolation #49) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:23 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 6.1.32 players voting for Allomancer (Equinox, Eve)

3 players not voting (Allomancer, Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor)

mod notes:
prodding RedFlavor and Equinox.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #452 (isolation #50) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 6.2.16 players not voting (Aristophanes, Equinox, Eve, Allomancer, Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor)

mod notes:
if RedFlavor doesn't return in the next 24 hours I will be looking for a replacement.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #460 (isolation #51) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:54 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 6.2.23 players voting for Equinox (RedFlavor, Allomancer, Aristophanes)
1 player voting for Allomancer (Equinox)

2 players not voting (Eve, Jake The Wolfie)

mod notes:
just so you know, caledfwitch uses they/them pronouns!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #466 (isolation #52) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 6.2.24 players voting for Equinox (RedFlavor, Allomancer, Aristophanes, Eve)
1 player voting for Allomancer (Equinox)

mod notes:
oof sorry for taking a couple days to get back on this one. my weekend ended up being a weird one due to ~reasons~

Equinox died and was a townie.

votecount 6.3.15 players not voting (Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor, Allomancer, Aristophanes, Eve)

mod notes:
anyway congrats to and condolences to Equinox for the blue name!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #471 (isolation #53) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 6.3.21 player voting for Allomancer (Eve)
1 player voting for Eve (Aristophanes)

3 players not voting (Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor, Allomancer)

mod notes:
prodding Jake and RedFlavor.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #475 (isolation #54) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 6.3.31 player voting for Allomancer (Eve)
1 player voting for Eve (Aristophanes)

3 players not voting (Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor, Allomancer)

mod notes:
fewer than three hours remain in day 3.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #479 (isolation #55) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:38 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 6.4.15 players not voting (Jake The Wolfie, RedFlavor, Allomancer, Aristophanes, Eve)

mod notes:
prodding Eve and RedFlavor. RedFlavor hasn't been extremely responsive to prods, so if he doesn't show up pretty quickly or needs further prods, I'll begin looking for a replacement.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #482 (isolation #56) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:00 pm

Post by xyzzy »

pausing the deadline while I search for a replacement for RedFlavor.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #485 (isolation #57) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:36 am

Post by xyzzy »

Klick replaces RedFlavor—deadline is 72 hours from this post.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #492 (isolation #58) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 6.4.23 players voting for Allomancer (Jake The Wolfie, Eve, Klick)
1 player voting for Eve (Allomancer)

1 player not voting (Aristophanes)

mod notes:
hello. please remember to drink milk

Allomancer died and was a mafia lover. Aristophanes, a mafia lover, has also died. town wins!

I announced a bit ago that the game wouldn't end until the town won at least one game, and, well, the town won, which means that game 7 will be the final game! for this one, I'll select the mafia in the following manner: each person, please publicly announce a player who you would like to be a scum partner with. the resulting scum pairing may or may not have something to do with the choices you make.

also, you can stop using #8C0000 now, but if anyone suggests a dumb posting restriction I will make that mandatory.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #507 (isolation #59) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:56 am

Post by xyzzy »

for game 7, I asked the worst to either choose a pair of users represented by someone's choice or a pair of users
not
represented by someone's choice. in other words, the worst was either choosing between the 4 you all selected or the 11 you all did not select.

sending out roles momentarily!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #509 (isolation #60) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:01 am

Post by xyzzy »

yes, I either asked him to do the first thing or the second thing.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #512 (isolation #61) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:03 am

Post by xyzzy »

duck*
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #515 (isolation #62) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:59 am

Post by xyzzy »

no. to clarify, I either gave the worst a group of 4 possible mafia pairings or a group of 11.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #517 (isolation #63) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by xyzzy »

still waiting on several confirmations for game 7!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #518 (isolation #64) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:09 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 7.1.16 players not voting (Aristophanes, Equinox, Eve, Allomancer, Jake The Wolfie, Klick)

mod notes:
the final game........ wrow
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #538 (isolation #65) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:23 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 7.1.24 players voting for Equinox (Jake The Wolfie, Eve, Allomancer, Aristophanes)
1 player voting for Aristophanes (Klick)

1 player not voting (Equinox)

mod notes:
folks that's four votes. that's four of 'em

Equinox has died and was a mafia lover. Jake The Wolfie, mafia lover, has also died.

game over! I am going to announce the overall winners of the whole game very soon.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #540 (isolation #66) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:50 am

Post by xyzzy »

the winner(s) of the game are........

Spoiler:
Klick!

Klick wins on the basis of replacing in and immediately hammering and getting the first town win. that's the sort of thing that gets you a win!

I considered a few different criteria for selecting an additional winner -- not being on town wagons as town, not getting killed as town, etc. -- but no one stood out as exceptionally ahead of the rest in any of the categories I looked at. I'd rather just have one player who qualifies as a winner than a bunch of them, you know?

I also thought about declaring the worst and caledfwitch winners, but I decided not to do that! sorry to the worst and caledfwitch for this grave insult

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”