micro 933 mysterybox hate death spiral.

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by boring »

I'm uncomfortable with the morning tweet/hectic situation. I've been away a while, is it normal to out neighborhoods right away?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:06 am

Post by boring »

In post 80, bugspray wrote:it happens sometimes but please lets not post so that hectic can talk when he wake sup in the morning. get a private thread and put your thoughts there and wait until page 5
The hell? If you really felt this way, couldn't your creepy question about ceejayvinoya's setup spec have waited?
In post 83, Hectic wrote: shiki, I'd also like to hear why you're uncomfortable with claiming neighbours. This is a special case too where I might need Morning Tweet to relay thoughts of mine on occasion.
I'm assuming you meant me here. Assuming your stuff about the role restriction is true, you're right that we wouldn't notice for a while. page 20+ or longer if we're talkative. So why out it? I'd think that keeping as much back as possible would be helpful to town. Assuming you're not scum reading each other out the gate, which you don't seem to be.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:18 am

Post by boring »

In post 93, shiki wrote:@boring was your first game on site actually your first game of mafia? if not, do you think you'd be likely to misrepresent yourself as mafia in this game?
iirc, my first game on this site was my first game of mafia. By the time my first game was over though, I'm pretty sure I had completed at least one game on some other site. Maybe more.
As to your second question, I think it's safe to say that scum roles involve misrepresentation (with varying levels of success).
In post 98, Morning Tweet wrote:@boring what about the Morning/Hectic situation makes you uncomfortable?
In post 92, boring wrote: I'd think that keeping as much back as possible would be helpful to town. Assuming you're not scum reading each other out the gate, which you don't seem to be.
I'll admit that it would be one helluva gambit if y'all were scum together, but that doesn't make it less weird.
In post 101, Hectic wrote:
boring
, I don't see the point of withholding a post restriction I'll have to claim eventually anyway. Why do you think it beneficial for me to not claim it from the start?
Assuming you're town, you could wait for scum to try to use your odd posting as a reason to start or join a wagon on you. That's all the reasons I can come up with other than why give scum information, good, bad, or neutral, before you need to?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:32 am

Post by boring »

In post 89, bugspray wrote:was the setup spec actually just a reiteration of what hectic said?
VOTE: ceejayvinoya
i dont buy this facade of non-contetn
In post 90, bugspray wrote:sounds like it might have been a perspective slip
Are you really scum reading him for the spec questions?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:06 am

Post by boring »

@bugspray - are you still scum reading hectic? Either way, please explain why you dropped hectic to vote morning tweet.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by boring »

First, some of us are "essential workers" and you'll have to live with an occasional mid-thursday to friday-evening posting gap.
In post 143, boring wrote:@bugspray - are you still scum reading hectic? Either way, please explain why you dropped hectic to vote morning tweet.
In post 144, bugspray wrote:because i'm unsure about my hectic read but sure about my mt read
You've been flipping votes all over the place. I want to know why you're supposedly scum reading so many players. Why were/are you sure about anyone in particular?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by boring »

In post 172, shiki wrote:
In post 130, shiki wrote:maybe the mafia doesn't have a pt?
In post 154, Hectic wrote:I'd love to hear
Saladman
boring
, and
Heaven
weigh in when they can.
In post 158, Morning Tweet wrote:I'll see what NM, salad, heaven, etc have to say
VOTE: morning tweet
See, I came out of this with the opposite conclusion. Why didn't hectic call out NM, since that's the most lurky slot?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by boring »

In post 200, Heaven wrote:Is it crazy to say that there's no chance in hell that MT/Hectic is the scumteam? I mean, does Hectic rando fakeclaim a neighborhood with his scumbuddy who then doesn't deny that neighborhood publicly but does so privately? Does that
ever
happen?
I'm with you here.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by boring »

I'm struggling here, and I know part of it is just that we're early in the game.
I have a strong urge to conflate annoying/baffling with scummy, and I know that's why I'm stuck on @bugspray.
So I'd really like for theoretically town!bugspray to throw me a bone here and let me figure you out.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by boring »

In post 245, shiki wrote:
In post 243, boring wrote:See, I came out of this with the opposite conclusion. Why didn't hectic call out NM, since that's the most lurky slot?
not mafia seems to play a different game from everyone else, simply placing votes and showing a willingness to hammer anyone who is put to l-1, sometimes gladiating seemingly random targets and shitposting. hectic and morning tweet are both familiar with not mafia, so hectic not expecting him to weigh in makes sense to me. morning tweet wanting to hear what he has to say does not, as she knows it's very unlikely he is going to provide any extensive commentary. there was more to my post there but it was moon logic stuff.
That makes sense.
I've been on the fence with you. I normally see meta-heavy work null behavior. But you've put in solid this-game input, and I feel okay townreading you.

I'm getting a solid town from ceejayvinoya.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by boring »

In post 247, shiki wrote:
In post 242, boring wrote:First, some of us are "essential workers" and you'll have to live with an occasional mid-thursday to friday-evening posting gap.
and sorry for not taking this into consideration in the way i probably should have beforehand.
Well, the wagon might at least produce something to think about.

If this pop-in-vote/hammer-leave behavior is normal for NM, and MT knows it, MT's pile-on looks bad. Pressure is fine, but rushing a policy lynch is shitty play at best. I'm also unhappy with her choices in
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by boring »

In post 250, shiki wrote:
In post 249, boring wrote:I'm also unhappy with her choices in 197
could you expand on this?
In post 251, Morning Tweet wrote: I also don't know what you mean by "choices" in 197. It's a recap of stuff happening in the hood.
This. Why are you giving a recap of stuff happening in the hood? Am I alone in thinking !town would want to keep some secrets Day 1?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #12) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by boring »

In post 257, Morning Tweet wrote:Well it's not a great secret if one of my neighbourhood members is scum anyway. Which is possible. I think divulging information about the hood with the greater goal of determining my neighbours' alignments is fine, especially when it comes as a response to my highest townread's question.
I disagree. Have you already explained why you're heavy townreading hectic? If so, can you explain it again?
In post 254, shiki wrote:this is why i'm townleaning not mafia for placing his vote as he did, as it was an elegant protown solution to the problem at hand. it both provided the pressure you were looking for and made it clear to everyone that boring was really at l-1.
Good point. In which case, thank you, NM.

Also, would someone other than NM voting me please unvote? Or at least make a compelling case? Early Day-1 POE isn't a case, by the way. How can anyone have enough information to even POE right now?

Regardless, I've given y'all what I've got at the moment, and I need the sleep. If someone else comes along determined to lynch me, give a hammer warning with at least 24 hours from now so I can post more. Good night.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:44 am

Post by boring »

@MT, thank you explaining our hectic read. What would change for you if no power roles correlate to disease?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:53 am

Post by boring »

In post 265, shiki wrote: this all feels very unnatural to me? like very convenient/opportunistic on the part of the non-heaven parties. heaven scumreads boring and saladman for something, then ceejay suggests a wagon on either of them, then suddenly boring is at l-2 with heaven off the wagon.
I agree that my wagon feels unnatural, But if it was planned in the neighborhood, it was unnatural.
Ceejayvinoya seems somewhat frustration-motivated, so his part could be spontaneous, triggering the neighbors to hop on.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:06 am

Post by boring »

In post 281, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 248, boring wrote:I'm getting a solid town from ceejayvinoya
What did I do to deserve this
You're being collaborative without any particular accommodation. Your speculative posts feel like attempts to solve rather than looking "right". Your frustration posts are solid towny reactions.
I suppose you could be a mastermind at playing scum, but I figure shiki would have said something by now if that was a concern.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #16) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:09 am

Post by boring »

@hectic... why is shiki orange for you? I'm working on the assumption that your colors are read-indicative.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by boring »

In post 278, bugspray wrote:Okay I REALLY need to get out of my bed and finish that case because I know who scum is but unless I have supporting info with me you'll never find out why because I'll get lynched
In post 280, bugspray wrote:At the earliest it's coming when the saladman pressure ends just so we can gey good ai content from him
In post 292, bugspray wrote:VOTE: Saladman27
I hate my phone
If he's your big scum read, I don't know what you're waiting for.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #18) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by boring »

In post 293, shiki wrote: i think hectic is the best scum player in the game, and if ceejay's reactions to the immunocompromised claim (questioning me, speculating, revealing after i revealed the neighbourhood) were planned and not real i think it was a joint effort on their part. this seems somewhat unlikely to me, however.
What's your current read on hectic?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (isolation #19) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:12 am

Post by boring »

In post 308, Heaven wrote:
In post 283, boring wrote:@MT, thank you explaining our hectic read. What would change for you if no power roles correlate to disease?
In post 284, boring wrote:
In post 265, shiki wrote: this all feels very unnatural to me? like very convenient/opportunistic on the part of the non-heaven parties. heaven scumreads boring and saladman for something, then ceejay suggests a wagon on either of them, then suddenly boring is at l-2 with heaven off the wagon.
I agree that my wagon feels unnatural, But if it was planned in the neighborhood, it was unnatural.
Ceejayvinoya seems somewhat frustration-motivated, so his part could be spontaneous, triggering the neighbors to hop on.
I always feel a little weird saying this straight to people, but these posts read pretty stilted.

What are you trying to say with your second post? Are you disagreeing with skiki's theory that your wagon was somehow scum-motivated, or what?
My whole iso looks stilted. I don't have many opportunities for informal text-based communication. Also, my first drafts are usually a bit rude (I'm not a kind person inside my squishy brain). I left playing here a couple years ago because I didn't like how I was responding to people.
In the second post, I'm trying to say that I doubt Ceejayvinoya is the scum on my wagon, if there is one. I'm also saying that it feeling unnatural is natural because it's unnatural. It was admittedly planned between MT and bugspray. It occurred to me after I posted too, that I was probably also targeted as the most suspected lurker because none of you have played with me before, making me a more unknown element.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #20) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:19 am

Post by boring »

In post 283, boring wrote:@MT, thank you explaining our hectic read. What would change for you if no power roles correlate to disease?
@Morning Tweet - can you please address this question?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (isolation #21) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:27 am

Post by boring »

In post 323, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 322, Hectic wrote:
Spoiler:
His early vote on me coupled with the sudden total 180 once everyone starts unvoting seems kinda odd. Plus there's no explanation. I just think he's kinda lazy which is NAI.

Idk if I posted this in the thread yet-- I cannot decide whether we're a 3 town neighbourhood or a 2t vs 1s. If my townreads are correct, then the team is one of

{Bugs/Shiki} + {NM/boring/Salad} OR {NM/boring/Salad} + {NM/boring/Salad}

i don't really want to mess with lynching in my neighbourhood today since I think there's a fair chance we're being messed with and we have an all town hood. However, some people want to go with the "1 scum in the neighbourhood" theory. Which from an outsider seems to be me as the pick for the scum in the neighbourhood. My most obvious partner would be Salad, since I'm pushing boring + all saladman's wonky read stuff.

also, i'm self-taught in emoticons, out of sheer necessity (人^ω^)

without them, i could not exist
When I look at your post above, I see scummy intentions. Here's why:
You "decided" I was scum by POE when my posting was much lower. i.e., I was lynchbait. Now, you theorize that my partner must be another lynchbait (NM/Salad). You admit that you just threw in bugspray and shiki for good measure since they're in your neighborhood. That eliminates them as valid scumreads. So by your logic, setting the neighborhood WIFOM aside, the scum team must be comprised entirely of players who are very easy to get lynched for being low posters or gimmicky. That's not a rational !town conclusion.

There's also the mention of your "push" on me. You placed a half-hearted, admittedly pressure-motivated vote on me. You expressed a rough POE that "pointed" to me since then. Beyond these and the above speculation, I've seen nothing like a push. If you truly believe I'm scum, I don't understand why you seem so unconcerned about it.

I'm further unimpressed with your answer regarding hectic.
"i would no longer give hectic a free pass into my TRs, as it would be extremely likely he's lying about his claim"
looks like a desire to keep your options open as things unfold. That kind of forethought implies necessity.

VOTE: Morning Tweet
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (isolation #22) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:32 am

Post by boring »

In post 325, shiki wrote:bugspray has been evasive in a way i'd associate with their scum game. there is also the future content thing.
Can you link any games that come to mind? Also, is promising future content a thing they only do as scum?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #23) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:37 am

Post by boring »

@Heaven - What's your read on MT?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (isolation #24) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:45 am

Post by boring »

In post 331, Morning Tweet wrote: You also don't really interpret my answer regarding Hectic right. "I would no longer give Hectic a free pass" is my answer to your hypothetical that no one claims disease PR, which has been proven to not be the case-- CJ did.

how can I be leaving my options open to an option that doesn't exist?!
CJ made speculation based on a previous game. Why couldn't hectic have done the same?
More to the point, why would you be so resistant to say something like "I still think he's town because of his play" or "If he's lying about that, then he's probably scum"?

I mean, he isn't even trying to assert some a conf-town position among us. So why you seem to be the only one not be questioning his alignment? I suspect because it's easier to have a cop-out read than trying to look like you're solving.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #25) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:34 am

Post by boring »

In post 336, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 335, boring wrote:
In post 331, Morning Tweet wrote: You also don't really interpret my answer regarding Hectic right. "I would no longer give Hectic a free pass" is my answer to your hypothetical that no one claims disease PR, which has been proven to not be the case-- CJ did.

how can I be leaving my options open to an option that doesn't exist?!
CJ made speculation based on a previous game. Why couldn't hectic have done the same?
More to the point, why would you be so resistant to say something like "I still think he's town because of his play" or "If he's lying about that, then he's probably scum"?

I mean, he isn't even trying to assert some a conf-town position among us. So why you seem to be the only one not be questioning his alignment? I suspect because it's easier to have a cop-out read than trying to look like you're solving.
Sigh

I admit I stopped trying to solve him almost immediately after the initial claim-- much to the dismay of all. maybe early claims/fakeclaims are my kryptonite. Maybe it's just Hectic

Also I don't really get what you're saying in the first sentence. I'm talking about this post by ceejay
In post 132, ceejayvinoya wrote:Sigh.

I might as well claim a bit too just to help us puzzle more of this out.

I believe part of hectic's claim because I have a diseased modifier. Basically, if I visit someone, I'll possibly infect them. I am also apparently "asymptomatic".

The thing is that I am not a visiting role so I do not know how this exactly works. Anyone know any roles or anything which makes other players visit someone else?
You said I'm leaving my options open just in case, later in the game, we find out there are no other diseased roles. Which we already know there is. so i don't know what you mean by leaving my options open
UNVOTE:
WOW
Sorry, Morning Tweet.
I not only totally missed that post from ceejayvinoya, but I magically recall him saying something along the lines of "there was a disease mechanic is game 4". I don't see that anywhere in his ISO upon review.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (isolation #26) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:36 am

Post by boring »

In post 337, shiki wrote:
In post 330, boring wrote:Can you link any games that come to mind? Also, is promising future content a thing they only do as scum?
in this game:

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=82613

bugspray both avoided answering questions in a similar way to what they're doing this game and continuously eluded to future content.

i was in that game, so i have a sense of time with regards to when the content was promised vs when it was delivered. in the games i've read and not played in, this is more difficult for me to have a grasp of. in micro 921 (as town) for instance, they promised a colorful vote count analysis after finishing their bath, but they delivered on that three hours later.

viewtopic.php?p=11657661#p11657661
Thank you, I'll look over them soonish
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #27) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:48 am

Post by boring »

@shiki, looking at those ISO's, my first takeaway is that bugspray is a lot breezier and less paranoid in those scum games. They also posted more fluff. I'm seeing the "I'll post it later" thing, though. Could "I'll post it later" be NAI for them?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #28) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by boring »

In post 351, ceejayvinoya wrote:I started a wagon on you out of POE reasons and also because you didn't post much. How did this not make me lean scum to you?
As stated above, she also said she was pushing me without actually pushing me, her whole pool was lynchbait, and I misunderstood the pass she gave hectic as town. Plus, I was already uncomfortable with her based on her giving a high-volume player a free pass (after trying to ingratiate herself to him by lying to town in the beginning), and outing neighborhood conversations. However, since the blindly-believing-a-claim-with-no-substance-and-not-committing-to-anything-should-it-be-false piece of my case was clearly erroneous I'm giving the rest a second look.

Needless to say, you didn't do most of those things, that I'm aware of, and your behavior leading up to your vote felt towny.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #29) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by boring »

Is it really that bad? Like, will he just game-throw in lylo?
I don't like policy lynches. He's past due for a prod, and he was 2.5 days absent before his most recent post. If he doesn't play, schadd_ will eventually replace him, right? If he's scum, we still have his partner to find and lynch today.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #30) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by boring »

Though actually, I've been wondering if our 1+ (probably 2) not-town are even on the same team.

Here's a theory that's popped into my head. I've been hesitant to believe the disease theme, but if two players are claiming something, fine, I'm in. Ceejavinoya has a thing that says he could infect those he visits, and we have another player who is immunocompromised, Maybe scum have the ability to infect one player per night, and compromise one player per night, with N0 already being randomly accounted for (or maybe picked by scum?). Maybe they're working together as a team, maybe not. If this is the case, two new people will come up infectious/compromised tomorrow. It would explain why hectic could possibly have a post restriction and an immunocompromise and why ceejayvinoya would have something about visiting when he can't.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (isolation #31) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:06 am

Post by boring »

@Salad - can you elaborate on your bugspray read?
@bugspray - can you elaborate on your shiki thing (and why you're voting salad instead)
@NM - what does "borking the thread" mean?
@everyone - I was so excited about my theory, I have to say I'm disappointed by the non-reaction.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (isolation #32) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:13 am

Post by boring »

If post volume/effort is NAI, it's safest to guess that there's one scum among the low-posters (cj, heaven, nm, and salad) and one among the high posters (hectic, MT, bugs, shiki).
Among the high posters, shiki or hectic feel better to me. Of the low posters, cj and salad feel better. So that leaves
heaven, nm, bugs, mt
as my current scum pool. I'm significantly less confident in the next, narrowing-down piece.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #33) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:19 am

Post by boring »

@mod
I think the vote count on top of page 17 is a little off. It has NM voting for me, and CJ voting himself. I believe NM is voting CJ, CJ is voting no one.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (isolation #34) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by boring »

In post 441, Saladman27 wrote:
In post 439, Morning Tweet wrote:Why is it more likely that theres one high post count scum and one low post count scum, as opposed to two high or two low?
In post 437, boring wrote:If post volume/effort is NAI
Maybe Boring probably think that if post quality/quantity is NAI, it doesn't matter?
That's the gist of it. Its one of the first newbie lessons here, right? That energy/effort is NAI. For example, scum or town, there's just no way I would match the amount of work hectic has put into communication with those images. Even if I was creative enough to think of it in the first place. Likewise, scum or town, I'd never have naked votes be my primary contribution, like nm. Yet despite this knowledge, I think I fall into volume-based biases, and I think the best way around them is to remember that roles are randomly assigned. They're just as likely to hit low-volume players as high. Since our group is split down the middle, I think it would help (me at least) to look at them like two separate pools of players.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #35) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by boring »

In post 444, shiki wrote:i was going to step in if people tried going down the policy lynch not mafia road again.

bugspray believes in my green sword of good more than they believe in their case.
That's pretty weird considering they prefaced their case against you like 24 hours ahead of time with "knowing" who scum is. What's changed?

This back-and-forth paranoia bugspray is displaying could be fabricated to imitate a confused townie. If it is and we accept it, there's really no way to hold them accountable for what might actually be opportunistic, scum-motivated votes today and in future days.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (isolation #36) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:45 am

Post by boring »

In post 455, bugspray wrote:Boring separating us into two arbitrary groups and then saying there is definitely scum in one of each pings me hard
I never said "definitely scum in one of each". I said I'm assuming as much for now, and I shared my thought process "aloud" because I thought it might be helpful for others as well.

My own methods aside, I'd much rather you read you as scum than town right now.
Assuming you were town, you're clearly happy to punish your own team by ending the day early, and not even bothering to give us anything substantial to go on tomorrow.
At least as scum, your self-vote is a good way to end the day without letting us learn anything useful about you.

If you're town, stop sulking and flailing. Try collaborating.
If you're scum, just keep on keeping on.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (isolation #37) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:47 am

Post by boring »

@everyone - I'm V/LA the rest of today, tomorrow, and Friday
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (isolation #38) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:05 am

Post by boring »

In post 476, bugspray wrote:Scum knows I'm town and that I can't read so they are focusing on me trying to get me to say helpful things when that can't possibly happen
In post 479, bugspray wrote:Sxum wants me to keep talking and waste town effort
I have a difficult time accepting that this is genuine. Why would scum ever want you to be helpful to town?
If you're really so rudderless, try this: pick someone you think is town and try to articulate why you think they're town. It'll give you a foundation to work from and build on. No one can build a bridge midair, you have to start from solid(ish) ground.

@heaven & MT - the same can help you too. If you're overwhelmed, narrow down your focus. No one seemed to like the method I'm using, so pick something you're pretty sure of, and flush it out. Then build on that position of strength to improve your reads on others. There's no reason to have the game solved right now, but there's no reason to have absolutely nothing at this point either.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (isolation #39) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:12 am

Post by boring »

In post 504, Morning Tweet wrote:[...]i'm very concerned for tomorrow if they flip green, though
Why?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (isolation #40) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by boring »

Morning, I agree with your reads, and I'm leaning on Heaven being the scum over Saladman. I also agree that shiki's death doesn't clear NM by any means. She was easily the more universally townread player. That alone makes her the biggest threat to scum, regardless of her reads.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (isolation #41) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by boring »

@mod - If a player has gone more than 48 hours without posting in the main thread, but has posted in a daytalk PT during that time, will they still earn an official prod?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (isolation #42) » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:26 am

Post by boring »

I think we should wait until everyone is back before putting anyone at more than L-2. Its a short day, but we may have things to discuss.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (isolation #43) » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:01 am

Post by boring »

In post 527, Hectic wrote:
In post 522, boring wrote:Morning, I agree with your reads, and I'm leaning on Heaven being the scum over Saladman. I also agree that shiki's death doesn't clear NM by any means. She was easily the more universally townread player. That alone makes her the biggest threat to scum, regardless of her reads.
Any particular reason you use "being the scum" over just "being scum" here? Can you not see both being scum at the same time?
I find it improbable that they're both scum.
I think both heaven and salad's isos both look like they may have made day-talk-prompted opinion changes. I doubt they'd coach each other. Also, if salad was scum and he came in noticing us steering toward his partner, I think he would have done something other than immediately pile on. Its not like scum have had a bad game so far. No need to cut and run at the first sign of trouble.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (isolation #44) » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:35 am

Post by boring »

my scum team right now is:
{Hectic/NM} + {Heaven/Salad}
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (isolation #45) » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:38 am

Post by boring »

@MT - I felt uneasy about you yesterday obviously, but I'm pretty sure you're town now. Sure enough to put you at the top of my town list. Also, I think killing shiki is the very last thing scum!MT would do.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (isolation #46) » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by boring »

In post 536, Hectic wrote:
In post 529, boring wrote:I think both heaven and salad's isos both look like they may have made day-talk-prompted opinion changes.
In post 535, boring wrote:@MT - I felt uneasy about you yesterday obviously, but I'm pretty sure you're town now. Sure enough to put you at the top of my town list. Also, I think killing shiki is the very last thing scum!MT would do.
I can try. On phone. Site not loading right for me on laptop. Heaven and salad have come out saying "these are my reads" only to reverse after a little bit with no real explanation why except "whoops". Heaven especially has appeared a few times now as if he just popped in without reading anything, made a read and a statement about being confused, then a reversal or change after a pause. As if he read the PT after the fact.

Scum!MT would have been best served keeping shiki alive because she had the PT with her and proximity is powerful. Also, as she said, she'd risk looking like " the scum in the neighborhood". In fact, I'm pretty sure that was a secondary reason for NKing shiki for the scum team, but obviously, they've been smart enough to watch and wait for town to make that accusation.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (isolation #47) » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by boring »

Where is heaven?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (isolation #48) » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:14 pm

Post by boring »

I don't think salad and hectic could be a team, by the way. It just doesn't seem natural to do the whole "imma copy your post style" thing like salad did. That conversation would have happened in the PT and stayed there, I think.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (isolation #49) » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:09 am

Post by boring »

In post 545, Morning Tweet wrote:So you're thinking it's one of {Hectic/Heaven}, {NM/Heaven} or {NM/Salad}? I think these are not bad picks with the information we've got. I wish the game was moving a little smoother
I guess so. I'm not nearly as confident about CJ as you, but those are my reads as things stand. I wish it was more than just the two ofnus with less than 72 hours before end of day 2.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (isolation #50) » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by boring »

In post 560, Not_Mafia wrote:What is "play"?

I think we could really use your input. Or a vote, or a wall of game-related thoughts, death tunnel, or reads list.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (isolation #51) » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by boring »

In post 555, Hectic wrote:
In post 532, boring wrote:my scum team right now is:
{Hectic/NM} + {Heaven/Salad}
Because I think there's scum between heaven and salad. I didn't like heaven very much yesterday, and his posts don't look any better now. Salad has similar issues, but he's not quite as bad.

Hectic + NM is a little weird. I guess its possible.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (isolation #52) » Fri May 01, 2020 3:55 am

Post by boring »

In post 564, ceejayvinoya wrote:Lols

@boring what's keeping you from suggesting that heaven and salad could possibly be a team?
In post 529, boring wrote:
In post 527, Hectic wrote:
In post 522, boring wrote:Morning, I agree with your reads, and I'm leaning on Heaven being the scum over Saladman. I also agree that shiki's death doesn't clear NM by any means. She was easily the more universally townread player. That alone makes her the biggest threat to scum, regardless of her reads.
Any particular reason you use "being the scum" over just "being scum" here? Can you not see both being scum at the same time?
I find it improbable that they're both scum.
I think both heaven and salad's isos both look like they may have made day-talk-prompted opinion changes. I doubt they'd coach each other. Also, if salad was scum and he came in noticing us steering toward his partner, I think he would have done something other than immediately pile on. Its not like scum have had a bad game so far. No need to cut and run at the first sign of trouble.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (isolation #53) » Fri May 01, 2020 3:56 am

Post by boring »

In post 563, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 561, boring wrote:death tunnel,
Glad to oblige

VOTE: Boring
Butthead
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (isolation #54) » Fri May 01, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by boring »

@CJ, what are your thoughts on anything?
@NM, that's not much of a death tunnel
@MT, have your feelings regarding hectic changed since yesterday?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #55) » Sat May 02, 2020 3:22 am

Post by boring »

@mod - are we still getting an extension? If so, how long?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (isolation #56) » Sat May 02, 2020 9:16 am

Post by boring »

@hectic, I was scum reading MT at times yesterday because of some potentially scummy behavior combined with a misunderstanding. I'm town reading her now. If you're worried about me potentially pocketing her, does that mean she's a solid town read for you? You were scum reading her a bit yesterday too, why the change?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (isolation #57) » Sat May 02, 2020 11:36 am

Post by boring »

I see no possible scenario in which MT can be scum this game. That's all I can give you. You can agree or not, I guess.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (isolation #58) » Sat May 02, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by boring »

In post 576, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 567, boring wrote:@CJ, what are your thoughts on anything?
@NM, that's not much of a death tunnel
@MT, have your feelings regarding hectic changed since yesterday?
It annoys me that nm is townread for some reason

That's all though
Are you scum reading him, or is it just annoying that his play is seen as more than NAI?
What are your thoughts on salad, heaven, and hectic?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (isolation #59) » Sat May 02, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by boring »

Hectic maintained a POE scumpool/null in my book day 1, but he's feeling increasingly scummy.

Happy birthday CJ
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (isolation #60) » Sun May 03, 2020 2:37 am

Post by boring »

In post 587, Not_Mafia wrote:I have a post restriction where I can’t post anything of any value or relevance, except it applies to the whole site
Are you serious?
If so, can you answer yes or no questions?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (isolation #61) » Sun May 03, 2020 2:39 am

Post by boring »

@anyone, what does "borking the thread" mean?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (isolation #62) » Sun May 03, 2020 2:42 am

Post by boring »

In post 588, boring wrote:
In post 587, Not_Mafia wrote:I have a post restriction where I can’t post anything of any value or relevance, except it applies to the whole site
Are you serious?
If so, can you answer yes or no questions?
Wait, scratch that. I read it as "except AS it applies to the whole site"... You were just joking.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (isolation #63) » Sun May 03, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by boring »

In post 594, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: ceejayvinova You bork the thread, you get bopped
Is this. a site meta scumtell thing or are you joking-never-joking?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (isolation #64) » Sun May 03, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by boring »

In post 593, Morning Tweet wrote:You guys want to lynch Heaven so mod doesnt need to find a replacement? Or we can wait, whatever is cool.

I kinda feel like NM and Salad are never going to participate enough to find anything AI from them, Hectic is a mystery, and ceejey/boring are town.
I want to wait for heavens replacement. I want more to sift through regardless of his alignment. Im also feeling less sure than before about him being scum and I want to give his replacement in case heaven really is just careless town.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (isolation #65) » Mon May 04, 2020 10:33 am

Post by boring »

In post 606, Kerset wrote:Could someone summarize roles that were claimed so far?
Hectic claimed neighborhood with Morning out the gate along with an immune compromise and a bizarre post restriction that he's found a convenient work-around for.

Ceejavinoya semi confirmed his immune compromise by saying he's able yo infect people he visits, but he can't visit anyone.

Morning confirmed hectic's neighborhood claim, then it turned out they were both lying, that hectic was also informed of a neighborhood between morning and someone else. It turned put she was neighbors with bugsprat (d1 lynch) and shiki (n1 kill).

I wasn't remotely thrilled with bugspray's play because it was anti town. I liked shiki, she seemed solidly solvy. I like ceejayvinoya because he seems towny but he's been low effort. I'm suspicious of hectic. A few reasons shiki and morning and bugspray have already pointed out (he's clearly lied, his combined claims are implausible [just imagine that role pm], and why would he claim to be so vulnerable when death-related things are usually in scum's hands). He's also felt more destructive than constructive with the way he questions. And no one has said anything further about immuno stuff. And his confidence seemed to improve yesterday when we were heading toward bugspray's mislynch in a weird way. He's a pretty smooth personality and that felt a bit odd.

While I greatly appreciate you as a person being willing to replace into our game in a tough spot, your slot has felt scummy. Lots of sheeping and careless read reversals, mostly fluff posts. Your entrance posts hasn't really made me feel better about things.

NM is null, but shiki was convinced he was town. She put a lot of effort into analyzing meta at the beginning of day 1.

Morning is town for a bunch of reasons, some of which I've hashed out already.

Salad has acted a bit like heaven with the bad reads and pockety stuff and lurkiness, but for some reason it feels a bit more NAI.

Game stagnated end of day 1, and not much improved. Ironic, that I was wagoned early for not posting for 36 hours, and now that seems to be normal.

p-edit: I'm on my phone and not good at phone stuff so sorry for any unedited mess I've left above.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (isolation #66) » Mon May 04, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by boring »

Kerset, truly, thank you for replacing in. It looks like you subbed into a scum role, and that's not easy. I'll pop back in, in 10-12 hours. I plan to vote for you at that time.

Is there anything we need to wrap up today?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (isolation #67) » Tue May 05, 2020 2:30 am

Post by boring »

@hectic - I will elaborate on all things you want explained when we return on D3.

VOTE: Kerset
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (isolation #68) » Thu May 07, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by boring »

Okay, so I need to claim so we can talk about stuff. I'm just waiting on confirmation from our mod as to how the discussion will go.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (isolation #69) » Thu May 07, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by boring »

In post 637, Not_Mafia wrote:No, my partner submitted the kill
That would be salad, then.

Either way, you two are the scum team
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (isolation #70) » Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by boring »

I'm a gunsmith, and both Morning (N1) and hectic (N2) are unarmed.
That makes the scum team Salad and NM, by default.

I double checked with the mod. Any role scum role that would normally have a gun, will have a gun here (I was worried that the disease mechanic would make non-gun night kills).
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (isolation #71) » Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by boring »

So, VOTE: Not_Mafia
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #72) » Thu May 07, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by boring »

I picked people I was afraid I was being stupid about.

I considered CJ both nights, but I was afraid he was a PGO. I saw that as the sample role PM, and I saw that he said he didn't have a visiting role, so POE'd him as the most likely PGO. I would have done bugspray N1 if they hadn't been lynched.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (isolation #73) » Thu May 07, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by boring »

Besides, I feel like finding out salad or nm were town would be kinda useless since they don't do much.

I agree though that we should still do the hurt/heal stuff just in case something unexpected is going to happen
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (isolation #74) » Thu May 07, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by boring »

@hectic are you still immune compromised? Or did that lift with your restriction?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (isolation #75) » Thu May 07, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by boring »

... Wait. What are the odds of a mafia doctor? They wouldn't have a gun.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (isolation #76) » Thu May 07, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by boring »

I'm down to lynch both/either.

I have concerns with the hurt/heal.
Why is testing called "heal" and vaccinating called "hurt"? Wouldn't it be the other way around?
If hectic is immuno compromised still, I propose vaccinating him. Assuming the vaccine doesn't actually "hurt".
Do we test a townie or scum? What do we think will happen when the results come back?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (isolation #77) » Thu May 07, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by boring »

In post 667, Hectic wrote:Alright, might as well get this started.
In post 575, boring wrote:
I see no possible scenario in which MT can be scum this game. That's all I can give you. You can agree or not, I guess.
You heavily softed a PR here, boring. Were you not afraid of the scumteam catching on that you were an investigative, and would nightkill you as a result?
In post 624, boring wrote:@hectic - I will elaborate on all things you want explained when we return on D3.

VOTE: Kerset
Why were you so confident that you'd still be alive Day 3?
I was sure the NK would be me or Morning because I softed too hard. I figured my flip would dramatically "elaborate" on both
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (isolation #78) » Thu May 07, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by boring »

In post 676, Hectic wrote:Yeah, I know. The other point I have to consider which I didn't mention in that post is why town!boring is alive if it's a Not Mafia + Saladman scumteam.
It involves:
Them missing the boring investigative soft.
Picking ceejay

Oh, hang on, hold that thought
I've wondered why CJ too. I find it hard to believe they missed my soft, but if they did, they must have assumed they could use the wedge between use to get a mislynch between us?

CJ was the only one really wanting to lynch NM. If salad is really playing an absentee game for real life reasons, maybe they planned to let salad take the fall and get NM to lylo? I see CJ screwing that up more than any of us.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (isolation #79) » Thu May 07, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by boring »

In post 680, Hectic wrote:
In post 678, boring wrote:I was sure the NK would be me or Morning because I softed too hard. I figured my flip would dramatically "elaborate" on both
Why
did
you soft so hard in the first place is my question.
For one, Ive been bursting to say something because I never get cool roles. And also, I wanted to see if you'd back off. I found it really scummy that you ignored my softer softs. It felt like you were trying to force me to claim. And since you still kept pushing even after I hard softed, I found myself really tunneling you. Which is what lead to me targeting you last night. I wanted to know if I was being stupid or if I was right.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (isolation #80) » Thu May 07, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by boring »

And I don't know the etiquette very well, and I was afraid I would be committing a huge faux pas if I died without leaving clear crumbs to my results
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (isolation #81) » Thu May 07, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by boring »

Maybe they're just going after the most universally town read players? Maybe we've been having our asses handed to us by a half-assed scum team. Either way, unless you have a reason for scum!Morning and scum!hectic to not be holding guns, the team is Salad+NM.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (isolation #82) » Thu May 07, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by boring »

You two just need to process or something. I was expecting you guys to be as excited as I am. The game is solved. Except for the hurt/heal thing.

So I'm all for hurt/vaccinating hectic.

I've already asked this, but do we think heal/ testing is something we want for town or scum?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (isolation #83) » Thu May 07, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by boring »

In post 696, Hectic wrote:
In post 694, Hectic wrote:For the record, I'm only really considering boring + Morning or Saladman + Not Mafia.

The other players are far too high IQ for my measly brain to comprehend.

But actual reasons-wise: boring + Not Mafia/Saladman only makes sense if the plan is to get boring lynched here, which in a sense "incriminates" Morning or me to be her partner to be mislynched the next day. I don't think that's what boring's going for here though.
*the other plays

Since, if scum!boring's plan is to mislynch the town in [Saladman, Not Mafia], and have her scum buddy not be lynched, it's a terrible idea since it's a 50/50. If her scum buddy ends up being lynched, she then has to explain why she's alive the next day. It's a wacky plan, but I suppose there is the WIFOM defence. Not completely out of the realms of possibility but very unlikely.
This one'a easy to solve.
UNVOTE:
You two pick between salad and NM, and I'll vote whoever. Then, we vote the other one tomorrow.

P:edit: HURT: hectic
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (isolation #84) » Thu May 07, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by boring »

In post 703, Morning Tweet wrote:I mean... Saladman/NM not being diseased vs being diseased means nothing to me.

I assume Hectic would show up as not diseased

And myself/boring showing up as diseased vs. not diseased also wouldnt really matter. other than it'd be mildly interesting i was diseased without knowing it i guess
I doubt I'm diseased unless I got it at the beginning of today because I've visited hectic and he's not dead.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (isolation #85) » Thu May 07, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by boring »

What if the diseased/compromised parts were randomly assigned?

Or maybe scum can't kill with guns anymore? Or maybe they get a day shot with the mechanic and thus was what the eclipse 8 part of shiki's role was for to give town an extra shot too?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (isolation #86) » Thu May 07, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by boring »

In post 712, Hectic wrote:I just realised shiki being eclipse 8 is why she was so curious about me emphasising the number 8 early on, which led to her realising I was Informed about the hood.
That's a good catch.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (isolation #87) » Thu May 07, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by boring »

Well, at least if scum get an extra kill with the disease mechanic, literally any flip will confirm the team as NM + Salad.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (isolation #88) » Thu May 07, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by boring »

In post 716, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 713, Hectic wrote:
In post 710, Morning Tweet wrote:hectic when are you gonna reveal the full nature of your role? i might explode from the anticipation.

i mean, two [REDACTED]s? i can hardly stand it
I'll claim once Saladman and Not Mafia have. One of the [REDACTED]s I can't fully explain, but you'll understand why I can't once I finally full claim.
aghhhhh the waiting!! ヽ( ;_; )ノ
They're going to take their sweet time about it, if earlier days are any indication.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (isolation #89) » Thu May 07, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by boring »

In post 721, Hectic wrote:Aren't vaccines supposed to be bad for you or something though

i've heard rumours
Take your vaccination. I've got nine nifty books on dinosaurs for you in case you get autism.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (isolation #90) » Thu May 07, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by boring »

In post 728, Hectic wrote:
@Arthur:
Your VC should have boring + Morning tweet voting to vaccinate me.
In post 717, Hectic wrote:
In post 639, boring wrote:I double checked with the mod. Any role scum role that would normally have a gun, will have a gun here (I was worried that the disease mechanic would make non-gun night kills).
What exactly did you ask the mod? And how did they respond? (paraphrasing obviously)

Also, were you aware that mafia doctor would come up innocent?
In case you missed this,
boring
I did miss it, thank you.
I asked if scum in this game would have guns. He said anyone that would normally have or not have a gun applies in this game. He listed a few examples of what roles would or wouldn't have guns, traditionally. Upon second glance, he did mention a mafia doctor among the examples. I hadn't thought of mafia doctor until you mentioned it in thread.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (isolation #91) » Thu May 07, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by boring »

Anyway, Morning seems to think mafia doctor would fuck up the game balance.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (isolation #92) » Fri May 08, 2020 1:35 am

Post by boring »

In post 732, Hectic wrote:
In post 729, boring wrote:
In post 728, Hectic wrote:
@Arthur:
Your VC should have boring + Morning tweet voting to vaccinate me.
In post 717, Hectic wrote:
In post 639, boring wrote:I double checked with the mod. Any role scum role that would normally have a gun, will have a gun here (I was worried that the disease mechanic would make non-gun night kills).
What exactly did you ask the mod? And how did they respond? (paraphrasing obviously)

Also, were you aware that mafia doctor would come up innocent?
In case you missed this,
boring
I did miss it, thank you.
I asked if scum in this game would have guns. He said anyone that would normally have or not have a gun applies in this game. He listed a few examples of what roles would or wouldn't have guns, traditionally. Upon second glance, he did mention a mafia doctor among the examples. I hadn't thought of mafia doctor until you mentioned it in thread.
He didn't link this page, and I'm assuming you haven't read it yet?
I read it at the beginning when I got the role. I don't understand the problem.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (isolation #93) » Fri May 08, 2020 2:30 am

Post by boring »

@salad do you have any thoughts on my results? Any objections? Or are we sticking a fork in this?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (isolation #94) » Fri May 08, 2020 8:35 am

Post by boring »

In post 738, Morning Tweet wrote:Who we disease testing
I've been trying to figure this out.

If we think scum can use the information to somehow hurt town, I'd say we test salad or NM. If we think the results can help us protect a potentially diseased person, then I'd say we test you. I'm still pretty sure I'm not diseased, assuming the disease wasn't administered at the start of day 3.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (isolation #95) » Fri May 08, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by boring »

In post 746, Hectic wrote:It's possible to catch scum out if they're diseased and didn't claim they were.
In post 748, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 745, Hectic wrote:What's your role, Not Mafia?
Diseased Watcher
Brilliant timing.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (isolation #96) » Fri May 08, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by boring »

In post 751, Morning Tweet wrote:Actually Saladman didn't claim diseased did he

If I were to guess, that means just NM carries the disease in their partnership. Or maybe Saladman lied and didn't notice the whole disease test thing

I'll let you guys decide whether I'm the one to be tested or if not. If it makes Hectic trust me more, then by all means!
I'm thinking the same thing.
We need all three of us to lynch scum now, so we might as well do what we need to, to get hectic on board.

Then the two of you need to decide which of salad or nm we're lynching first.

HEAL: Morning Tweet
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (isolation #97) » Fri May 08, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by boring »

HEAL: boring

If we can please get on with winning the game now?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (isolation #98) » Fri May 08, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by boring »

Hectic -
If the team wasn't nm and salad, don't you think they'd be putting in a smidgeon of effort now to avoid a town loss? As scum, they don't have to try because you're WIFOMing yourself into a tizzy.

There's no reason to play out a thousand obscure what-ifs when the path of least resistance aligns with the most likely scenario. You and Morning are both gunless. If you were serial killer, you would have NK'd the conf town from my hard soft (Morning) (not to mention, we'd have seen multiple NKs). If Morning was scum, she'd have NK'd me and used my hard soft to be conf. town today.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (isolation #99) » Fri May 08, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by boring »

In post 761, Morning Tweet wrote:did u just give multiple reasons to convince Hectic why he isn't a serial killer
I wanted to make sure he was convinced.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (isolation #100) » Fri May 08, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by boring »

In post 762, Hectic wrote:Don't worry, boring; I'm not drinking that much wine. It's 80% Saladman + Not_Mafia. I just want them both to come back to see what they have to say, but I won't drag this out for too long.
Thank you
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (isolation #101) » Sat May 09, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by boring »

Okay, guys and bats, pick your lynch.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (isolation #102) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:47 am

Post by boring »

That was unexpected, but okay.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (isolation #103) » Wed May 13, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by boring »

Yay! we won!

I didn't guess your role, hectic. But I KNEW IT about the post restriction making no sense.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (isolation #104) » Wed May 13, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by boring »

And I swear the activity-related pools really can make sense for sorting early on.

Of course, that still didn't stop me from being distracted by the high-activity players... :roll:
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (isolation #105) » Wed May 13, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by boring »

Really? How does one acquire such an excess of bandaids?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”