Micro 957 | Trust Fall | Fall Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #27 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 11, Hayasaka wrote:What this does is it basically stops someone from falling alongside a scum player 2 people strongly town read because as the town we only really null read said, scum player.
Although, it also stops someone from falling alongside a town player 2 people strongly townread because as the town we really only null read said town player.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:06 am

In post 7, Tipsy wrote:and mathematically speaking, since i know only 2/8 of u r scum, if i hipfire RIGHT NOW, i have a 75% chance of exiting the gmae with town.
No you do not. You have a 75% chance of trusting a townie; there's no guarantee that they will agree to exit the game with you. (Whereas, you DO have a 25% chance of exiting the game with scum.)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:14 am

In post 14, Hayasaka wrote:I am going to be honest I'd trust fall you for this exact post, The only thing stopping me is I want to play this game for more than 2 posts.
What makes you think Tipsy made that thought after they got their role PM, rather than before?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:16 am

In post 29, Hayasaka wrote:At that point wouldn't scum just back up all the small groups of players with incorrect reads?
Typically by allowing small groups of players to just run rampant scum will always side with the bad players which is why majority is so important in a standard game of mafia. Someone is always going to be wrong and letting scum just enable that is why setups like this result in scum wins/
Well but that's something we can possibly call out, and hopefully the bad player in question would be able to recognize it.

Also, an important part of the setup is that if someone is LHF that one townie can recognize it and save them even though they are a mostly universal scumread. If we just do consensus falls then if even one townie is a universal scumread then town is going to lose.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:32 am

The issue is that if we play by aggregate reads, it's likely the scum will be around the middle of the pack, possibly a bit lower if our read rate is better than random. That means that after all the top townies pair off, the highest remaining players will be scum, because there are usually going to be a few scummy townies.

But a lot of times, even when a townie is scummy, there's one townie who either townreads them or at least recognizes that they aren't as scummy as they look, and so that's the method by which going rogue can fix the above problem.

I'm not saying it's set in stone, I just think that both methods are potentially valid and we'll have to judge the gamestate and decide which method we think is better. I do personally lean toward the rogue method in large part because I'm pretty good at calling out townies who are under pressure and widely scumread.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #44 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:39 am

It's not valid, but there probably should have been a rule about not doing fake trusts.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #47 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:46 am

In post 46, Hayasaka wrote:I am not not trying to say we should push towards only doing what majority wants, I just want to lay out our thoughts extremely clearly.
That's fair.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #49 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:49 am

Lol. I don't really think you have to be sorry, it's getting more content out and more things to talk about, and it's not like we're distracting people from other more important things.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #87 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:25 am

I'm not at all concerned about exiting prematurely. I'm concerned about exiting with scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #92 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:39 am

In post 89, Hayasaka wrote:Smart do you have your eyes on anyone you want to leave with?
Or are you just saying that for when you are ready.
The latter.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #94 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:39 am

In post 91, Hayasaka wrote:I see lots of comments from you but not a lot of thoughts.
Hi, nice to meet you. This is my MO.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #111 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:24 pm

Who is that in reference to? Hayasaka, or me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #172 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:51 am

Yeah, uh, don't accept that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #202 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:36 pm

In post 189, Dannflor wrote:SS, do you have any thoughts about Haysaka versus the world? Or if any of these trust fall offers are alignment indicative?
I townread Hayasaka, unrelated to the trust offer.

Chef is town, of course.

NK is NK but his reaction to Hectic fake trusting Adorable is a little weird. Probably indicative of NK/Adorable not being partners, for what that's worth.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #211 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:26 pm

In post 206, Chef wrote:
In post 183, Not Known 15 wrote:pedit:Oh well...
How does this spew Not Known 15/Puff as not scum together, Aa?

~Hectic
I wouldn't expect NK to react this way if he thought Chef had just fallen with his partner. Specifically, I would expect him to try to distance from Adorable and say that was a terrible idea; but even if he didn't do that, I feel like he would do something to preempt the backlash that would be imminent instead of just passively accepting it.

Also, the "Oh well..." might be interpreted as knowing that Adorable was going to reciprocate Chef and that NK wasn't going to get to fall with Chef. Even though that's not what was meant, I think he would probably be more clear that he didn't know Chef had just fallen with scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #237 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:55 am

In post 235, Tipsy wrote:yea idk why ur trustin chef here actualy clover.
Because Chef is clearly town and expressed interest in falling in with Clover?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #249 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:22 pm

I think you're faking having a history of people calling you out for faking things being scum :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #252 (isolation #17) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:24 pm

It's another bait.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #253 (isolation #18) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:25 pm

Which I was sick of when they started, and I haven't grown less sick of them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #254 (isolation #19) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:25 pm

Again, though, that probably rules out Raven and Clover being teamed for a very similar reason as NK and Adorbs, so I must begrudgingly accept that the baits are effective.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #258 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:27 pm

Whoa.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #269 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:33 pm

Well, it doesn't matter now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #278 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:38 pm

In post 275, Hayasaka wrote:But people tend to not explain situations in detail when they lie.
Eh? I always thought it was the opposite. Liars feel the need to cover every detail and possible hole, whereas honest people just say what the person listening needs to know.

That's getting pretty far into pop-psych territory either way. It's likely to be much more person dependent than anything.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #283 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:41 pm

Imagine expecting an alignment indicative response to every single question.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #351 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:22 pm

In post 349, Adorable wrote:my theory on Chef and Hayasaka being a scum team
Your what now
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #361 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:55 pm

I think Adorable's garbage take in is towny.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #380 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:16 am

In post 373, Tipsy wrote:mostly tonal. i think his ratio of analyss to reads is bad. there have been a couple decent things but on the iso is shallow overalll
What about the ratio is bad? You've implied that I've been tonally off which means you must have enough experience with me to know what my tone feels like, but then you should know that my analysis:reads ratio is always very high.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #383 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:35 am

In post 381, Tipsy wrote:the ratio is bad because analysis is easy for scum to do, but actual committing to reads is harder.
That's, uh, not at all true? All that it takes to commit to a read is to say "X is town" or "Y is scum", but to fake real analysis you have to emulate your town thought process and consider how you would react to something if you didn't know the alignment of the person in question. I've been able to fake reads as scum since my first scumgame on site, but I still have trouble faking analysis.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #410 (isolation #28) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:24 am

Yeah, uh, don't accept THAT either.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #411 (isolation #29) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:28 am

In post 406, Dannflor wrote:Also, I have a really bad track record reading S_S which is a little scary.
Is this factoring into your read on me at all, then?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #417 (isolation #30) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:40 am

Okay, gotcha. That game was... pretty anomalous, though. Like I myself felt like a lot of people ought to have been townreading me there, and I haven't felt like that in any scumgame since. (City that Never Sleeps was pretty good but that was mostly lilith's doing.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #438 (isolation #31) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:19 am

Nice.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #441 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:21 am

I know. I'm an expert at this.

I think Adorbs is the one I feel the best about in the uncleared players.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #450 (isolation #33) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:36 am

In post 447, Tipsy wrote:maybe naive of me but imo too scummy 2 be scum.
I think from experience with NK he plays scummy as scum too.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #453 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:39 am

I think?

I wouldn't expect him to be active as scum if he knew he would be lurky as town. He could just be busy.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #454 (isolation #35) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:39 am

Once again, bad takes are > random town. Though that one could be a TMI.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #464 (isolation #36) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:13 am

In post 462, Adorable wrote:I'm not liking the way how SS has been mentioning me on being scum with no reasoning.
Eh? I said you were towny.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #539 (isolation #37) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:10 am

NK is either spewed town or spewed scum and I can't tell which.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #540 (isolation #38) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:17 am

In post 522, Raven Branwen wrote:
In post 514, Dannflor wrote:lol okay maybe they are not a team
If Tipsy flips scum I’m sorry guys but NK15 is still my strongest sr and if Tipsy does flip scum, I need to prove we’re not buddies here.

And I still sr NK15 more than Tipsy.
What even is this post
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #541 (isolation #39) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:18 am

I mean it's just WIFOM right? Because she was already out of the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #558 (isolation #40) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:12 pm

I trust Not Known 15
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #561 (isolation #41) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:27 pm

Yeah. Oh well.

Still a great setup though. Would play again.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”