Micro 962: Geriatric Trio II (Town Victory)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Hey, I'm Date Mike:

I'm here to eliminate Toby because he
RUINS EVERYTHING
!!!! Go back to Costa Rica Toby!!!!

Clidd, are you Toby?!!!! If you are so help me!!!

VOTE: Clidd
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 10, clidd wrote:
In post 4, Sou and Kanna wrote:since putting gifs while on mobile is a pain, please imagine a gif of jim moriarty saying hi to sherlock.

VOTE: clidd

hi.

~sou
Hemorrhagic pleasure to see you again, Mr. Datisi and Miss Kanna. I hope we can win in the same alignment this time.

VOTE: Sou and Kanna

Spoiler:
In post 5, Michael Scott wrote:Hey, I'm Date Mike:

I'm here to eliminate Toby because he
RUINS EVERYTHING
!!!! Go back to Costa Rica Toby!!!!

Clidd, are you Toby?!!!! If you are so help me!!!

VOTE: Clidd

Sorry, can't help you now Mike.
Voting for the first person that voted for you? That's
EXACTLY
what I would expect Toby to do!!! You
ARE
Toby, aren't you?!!!!

- Date Mike
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Toby...

Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:00 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 15, Bingle wrote:I believe Agar and Porkens to be slightly more likely to be town than the rest of you.

- Date Mike
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:16 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Ooh, chess! Bring it on!

Hullo

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:19 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 23, Sou and Kanna wrote:Michael Scott (Auro + volxen) - this slot is locktown in my eyes. their entrance (in post 5) is brimming with a relaxed, confident tone that is never seen in players of the scum alignment. posts like 13 and 20 show a great will to solve the game and a profound analysis of the gamestate that can only come from an uninformed perspective. and the brilliance of 21 can only come from someone pure of heart. if anyone were to ever vote for this slot to be executed, i'd wonder if that person is purposefully trying to throw the game.
Wow,
SOMEONE
finally recognizes the sheer brilliance of Michael Scott! Surely my employees "get it" as well, but they are too intimidated to tell me I'm brilliant to my face -- it's not as if they all think I'm a total idiot and make fun of me behind my back! Dwight, make a note that these two probably aren't Toby -- and put them on the shortlist for that "Assistant to the Assistant to the Assistant to the Assistant to the Regional Manager" position that we have coming up! Toby never recognizes my sheer brilliance....

- Date Mike
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 21, Michael Scott wrote:Ooh, chess! Bring it on!

Hullo

-Jimothy
Jimothy, this might be a trap! Didn't Dwight say that Toby's favorite game is chess? I've got a bad feeling about this Bug person!

- Date Mike
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 33, clidd wrote:Good impressions
Michael Scott
I should be listed as a
GREAT
impression, because that's the only kind of impression that Michael Scott leaves! I'll give you a pass for not recognizing my greatness... this time. But I'm watching you,
Toby
Clidd!

- Date Mike
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

I think Clidd is solidly town.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 55, Porkens wrote:I have liked ONE of the Michael Scott posts.
Hey now,
ALL
of my posts are great!!! Which one post are you talking about, anyway? It better
NOT
be that chess post, because I'm waaaaay more awesome then that Jimothy guy!!!

In post 55, Porkens wrote:The rest kind of piss me off.
Hmm. Are you admitting to being
scum
Toby
? Because I would expect my posts to piss off Toby!!!

- Date Mike
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 33, clidd wrote:I believe that I don't need to go into details about Michael, the charisma and role-playing he's doing seems healthy and fluid, with no indication that he's pushing himself over the limit or uncomfortable with it. It is easier to interpret something with energy and fluidity when you have a clear mind, and I imagine that the cognitive load of being scum, in this context, would affect his performance and make it all stressful and exhausting.
Why would it be "stressful and exhausting" for me to joke around and post GIF's as scum? I don't think that either Auro or I have done anything that is strongly town-indicative yet.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 60, Porkens wrote:
In post 20, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 15, Bingle wrote:I believe Agar and Porkens to be slightly more likely to be town than the rest of you.

- Date Mike
This one felt like an actual attempt at relevant communication. It was quite refreshing!

and seem insincere to me. I don’t know how you get to locktown from those.
Auro is townreading Clidd but I'm not sold on town!Clidd.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:03 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 67, Sou and Kanna wrote:post 61 is unironically making me go +town on michael scott. based on my experince with scum!them, they're can easily be memey as scum, and the fact they're preemptively calling it out is +town imo.
I've questioned townreads on me before as scum, it's easy to do. Auro and I haven't really gotten into this game yet, which is why Clidd's "easy" townread on our slot bothers me. Clidd has played against scum!me before, and he townread me in that game. I believe he has also played against scum!Auro and townread him as well. That, coupled with the fact that most of our slot's posting up to this point has been meme's/GIF's, is why I don't see how he could have us as his top townread. If anything, if Clidd is town I would expect him to be more critical of our slot.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 89, volxen wrote:
In post 87, Porkens wrote:bugspray
So Bugs claimed to scum read Souk based on a post that Souk didn't make. It seems like a genuine slip to me - I don't believe bugs had a real read, and fucked up trying to cover that.
What are you referring to here? Bugs mentioned (in and ) that they scumread/voted S&K over .

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 91, Porkens wrote:
In post 38, bugspray wrote:
In post 33, clidd wrote: Agar / Bugspray -> They ignored post and voted regardless of the observations that SK (I'll use this acronym now) made.
I voted them BECAUSE of . Clumping two people together and making such a blanket read

also now a super tr for reconer because hes totally town

also kinda sr clidd because while its very tonally similar to the clidd~town i know im p sure this is a different one
What “clumping” in 23 is bugs talking about here?
I read it as Bugs saying that they scumread/voted for S&K over , and criticizing Clidd for "clumping" them together with Agar in Clidd's readslist in .

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 140, clidd wrote:I don't think you're an empathetic person, Reck.

So your interpretive error is understandable. I imagine that Agar comes to the same conclusion as you.

But I confess that I would be able to do drama as scum, but not to the point of suggesting self-elimination.

So I'm supposed to believe that as scum you might use AtE/drama to try and get townread, but at the same time it would be outside of your scum range for you to mention self-elimination? If you are scum what you did was relatively low-risk, because you mentioned self-elimination early during this day phase, and we are still probably far away from actually eliminating someone. Is it at all likely that the town collectively would "call your bluff" and take you up on your offer and eliminate you today based on that alone? No, and you know that. So there's a very low chance that it backfires on scum!you, and the upside is that you possibly pickup some townreads as a result of doing it.

It's also easy for scum!you to back out of it on a later day, especially if we mis-eliminate today. You just argue that we can't afford another mis-elimination at that point.

If you had suggested self-elimination at a point in the game where we were closer to the deadline and you were actually at risk of being eliminated, that might be one thing. But that isn't the case here, and I see no reason why you should be townread over doing it.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 157, clidd wrote:I saw Agar as a partner to KMD, but I don't think KMD stills way scummy as I thought. I need to see how Bingle will react to me.

But I'm willing to vote Agar too, if possible. His recent reactions are forced (as I said before, his trashtalk isn't towny as Reck).
I'm not seeing what you claim to be seeing with respect to Agar's trashtalk vs Reck's trashtalk, and you've brought this up multiple times now. Can you point to a specific example as to why you think that Agar's trashtalk is forced?

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (isolation #17) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 169, clidd wrote:
Choo. Choo. Motherfuckers.
I literally fucking quoted the post you're referencing you dolt.
What the fuck is this horseshit? This is :badposting: and is super contrived.
I wanna circle back to this because look if you're gonna pull some dumb shit like meta (which I echo Reck's comments about trash), at least don't ask that person to do the heavy lifting for you. For so many fucking reasons.
Michael Scott is the worst kind of hydra and this attempt to stay "in character" is going to make me very annoyed throughout this game.
33 was garbage to begin with but looking at a VC just confirms that feeling.
Hi KMD. It's just an observation. I know your schedule is fucky.
Not sure I can help you see what is bad about the timing and position of Porkens's vote if you don't already see it
This is bad but Kmd's response is also bad. Everything from clidd's outburst can be binned in the "IDGAF about any of this." bin. Anyone trying to argue its indicative of alignment one way or another can catch these hands.
*I* do not give a fuck about clidd's outburst.
Take a look ^

What do you think about these posts ?
Nothing in any of those posts stands out to me as forced. Yes, he uses a lot of choice language and is "aggressive" in his posting, but that might just be how he plays regardless of his alignment.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #18) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

@Clidd, I take it you remember Newbie 1986 from February-March of this year, where I was scum and you were town. Here is a link to my ISO in that game as well.

How do you think my play in that game compares to my play in this game?

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #19) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 167, clidd wrote:Actually, no. If we didn't hit scum today, I'm willing to be eliminated tomorrow.

C'mon buddy, I know that you know that I'm town, Volxen. My pool of townreads is Porkens, Reck, Bulge and you (not sure on SK yet, he's between scum and town, something like null-null).

And the scum pool is Bingle, KMD (less sure), Agar (depending on his next reactions, I can change my mind).
So you are asserting that 1) you think that I'm town and 2) that I "know" that you are town. And yet I've been pushing your slot, so what exactly do you think that I am trying to accomplish with my push on you?

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #20) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Been busy.

I *strongly* townread Clidd now. I have a vague recollection that his conviction feels awkward as scum, and I do actually agree with a number of his posts. I think KMD/Agar are fine eliminations.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 177, Sou and Kanna wrote:@Agar, no, that's not what i mean at all >:/
In post 81, AGar wrote:Reck is looking town in engagement and consistency.
Literally both hydrae can die plz. SKit is are really trying to make something of nothing with Reck after posting a read list that felt feigned and they tried to handwave it away as a joke ex post facto when called on it.
Michael Scott is the worst kind of hydra and this attempt to stay "in character" is going to make me very annoyed throughout this game.
kmd is kmd. Color me surprised.
Porkens is concerning me because of wagonomics but content is middling. I put more stock in wagonomics so Porkens gets binned as slightly scummy for now.

Speaking of wagonomics, I don't like Clidd's vote on kmd positioning/timing wise. Feels like going for the easy angle of kmd's activity. Spoiler alert: KMD is going to have the fewest posts in the game, even in this ruleset, even if he makes it to endgame. was garbage to begin with but looking at a VC just confirms that feeling.
In post 63, Bingle wrote:It served a few purposes. It pointed out the identities of the hydra heads in case Reck actually cared (I assumed he didn't, but it didn't hurt to include that), updated the thread on the fact that I think there are scummy things coming from a slot I was previously explicitly townreading (which then allowed for people to engage me over those things if they so chose, which no one has done yet), and it bumped the thread so the mod could have the pagetop for his VC. I think that the last was clearly the most important of the three.
Yeah so it served no purpose, got it. You basically hemmed and hawed on your one game content situation.

Would happily lynch within {SK,Clidd} right now.
red indicates you're strongly scumreading us, yes? but the way you preanalyse the wagons has us as town, and this is all within the same post. just the fact that it's there means i don't think you're scumreading us as hard as you say you are. gut says you just tmi'd us town + was to also porkens shade

how serious are your reads?

@porkens: fair enuff! i'm also curious about your bingle read, clidd.

p.s: i think you're townie for it, but i kinda can't get over how... all over the place you are with this game, clidd. it feels very uncharacteristic, but then again, i haven't played with you for a while

~kanna
If I'm understanding this correctly -- based on the way that you color-coded Agar's post -- you are saying that the red portions of his post contradict what he said in the green portion of his post. Namely, the fact that he simultaneously had you, Clidd, and Porkens all as scumreads at the same time. I assume you are referring to the fact that Porkens put you up to E-1. But how are you getting "Agar just TMI'd us as town" from all of this? He made it clear in that post that his primary scumreads were you and Clidd, but he was also somewhat suspicious of Porkens for putting you up to E-1. Why can't he find both you and Porkens to both be individually scummy at the same time? I would also argue that the fact that Porkens put you up to E-1 does not by any means rule out the possibility of a SK/Porkens scumteam. If you and Porkens are scum together, it's very unlikely that a townie would follow up Porken's E-1 vote on you with a quickhammer. So I don't see this as Agar taking contradictory stances within the same post, and I think that you are reaching by trying to insinuate that he TMI'd your slot as town.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 194, Sou and Kanna wrote:@Agar/MS; thanks, I liked that explanation. that is fair. fwiw, what i meant by "he tmi'd us town" is just me skipping steps that i think this inconsistency means this read is faked/he is scum if he is faking reads.

i'll check in tomorrow, cya all o7

~kanna
So in other words, your stance remains that it is unlikely that town!Agar could simultaneously scumread both you and Porkens since Porkens put you up to E-1. I think this is a very weak reason to go so far as to say that Agar was TMI'ng you as town, but OK. In that case, why are you still voting for the Bugspray/Bulge slot instead of Agar? You seem to have a very strong scumread of Agar, but you have left your vote on Bugspray/Bulge for several days and haven't engaged with Bulge at all. Is the Bugspray/Bulge slot still your strongest scumread despite your stance towards Agar?

E-2.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #23) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 199, Sou and Kanna wrote:not at all. after i read agar/your posts, i changed my mind. i said it was fair. i reexplained because you said this
When you said, 'what i meant by "he tmi'd us town" is just me skipping steps that i think this inconsistency means this read is faked/he is scum if he is faking reads.' () it sounded like you were just doubling down on what you said before -- that town!Agar could not simultaneously scumread both you and Porkens, and that this "inconsistency" was the basis of your Agar scumread. You said that you liked my explanation (and Agar's explanation as well?) and that it was fair, but it came across like you still maintained your scumread of Agar for the same reason regardless of my explanation.

In any case, you are now voting for Agar. Is this vote on Agar purely because he said he is "coming around on Bingle" (), or do you still believe that he was being inconsistent with his reads on you and Porkens?
In post 199, Sou and Kanna wrote:suggesting you didn't understand my push.
No, I fully understood your push on Agar and explained exactly what it was about in . I'm also not convinced that town!you would jump to the conclusion that Agar TMI'd you as town solely because he scumread both you and Porkens, which is why I am still voting for you.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #24) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 199, Sou and Kanna wrote:re bugs/bulge if you still want it: i still think they're a fine scumread placeholder. bugs has a decent chance of being scum and i'm watching their replacement, but they haven't done anything to amaze me.
Why do you think that Bugspray has a decent chance of being scum? The only time that your slot has talked about Bugspray at length was , and Datisi said that was a joke readslist that shouldn't be taken seriously. Aside from that you and Datisi both asked Bugspray about their reads (, , ), and Bugspray never answered either of you, but then shortly replaced out of the game in any case. Bugspray only had a total of four posts, and yet in you said that you had a strong scumread on Bugspray. How were you able to get such a strong read on Bugspray from their limited content?

I also think that if Clidd is town, Bugspray's scumread on Clidd may be slightly town-indicative for the Bugspray slot (Clidd made this point before as well). I've only played one game with Clidd myself, and in that game Clidd was town and was, for the most part, universally townread and considered obvtown by most of the playerlist. I get the sense that when Clidd is town, he is normally townread by most players, and he has a reputation of usually being obvtown when he is town. Meaning that if Clidd is town then some of his posts, such as his first readslist in ,
would seem townier to scum that it actually is
, because at that point in the game scum might have just assumed that Clidd would end up being a universal townread. So scum may have just assumed that Clidd would probably start to get townread over posts like and considered it a "towny" post without really evaluating its contents. Bugspray was the first person to express a scumread on Clidd () directly in response to his readlist in . So if Bugspray is scum here, not only did they arguably take the more difficult stance of expressing a scumread rather than a nullread or townread on Clidd -- for one thing, this opens them up to accusations of OMGUS. Aside from that, would scum!Bugspray really want to start a push against town!Clidd without even first seeing how everyone else would respond to his readlist? Because if most people had reacted positively to Clidd's readlist post, then that just draws even more attention to Bugspray if they are the only slot to directly scumread Clidd over that post. Granted, that wasn't the case, as there were multiple people that were critical of Clidd's readlist post (including myself), but scum!Bugspray couldn't have known at the time that there would be mixed responses.

It's not a lot to go on since Bugspray didn't have a lot of content, but if Clidd is town I think it's at least somewhat more likely that town!Bugspray was expressing a genuine scumread on Clidd (this is also in part because I agreed with Bugspray that something about Clidd seemed "off" in his readslist post) as opposed to scum!Bugspray faking a scumread on town!Clidd and potentially opening themselves up to a lot more scrutiny in the event that Clidd quickly achieved "obvtown" status. This isn't to say that there aren't people who would try to push town!Clidd as scum, but I don't think that Bugspray is the type of player to make a push like that as scum.

In short, I think the "easy route" for scum!Bugspray (if Clidd is town) would be to assume that Clidd's readlist was a towny post and try to convince Clidd that they are town (again, especially since Bugspray had not yet seen how most people would react to Clidd's readlist), and the fact that Bugspray didn't react that way is at least somewhat town-indicative to me.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (isolation #25) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:12 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Sorry for your loss KMD.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (isolation #26) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:00 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 221, Sou and Kanna wrote:i poked them with a vote and asked them to explain them, but then they rep'd out. datisi has told me bugs doesn't like scum and perhaps this is a bit of a dirty read, but it really looked to me like they repped out cause they couldn't answer questions/was off to a bad start as scum.
If Bugspray is scum then, yes, they did come under some early game scrutiny, especially if Clidd is town. But it was also very early in the game, and I doubt that scum!Bugspray would already assume that they were "caught scum". After all, you were the only one to actually vote for Bugspray. Bugspray was one of four people that Clidd had as a "bad impression" in , and at the time Clidd was pushing/voting KMD, not Bugspray. Even taking into account that scum!Bugspray might feel intimidated by the fact that town!Clidd had them as a scumread, it's a big stretch to conclude that that's the reason they are no longer in this game.

Also, your hydra partner, Datisi, modded a game in which Bugspray was town and replaced out after making only two posts:

Micro 952

Bugspray's ISO in the game

If I have time I may look at other games to see if there is any sort of pattern with respect to Bugspray's replace out's, but I started with that game because I noticed that Datisi was the mod. At the very least this proves that Bugspray has replaced out as town. Considering that game started in late June of this year (and Bugspray replaced out early in the game), Datisi must remember this.

If you are town then should this not give you (and Datisi in particular) some doubt about your scumread of Bugspray's slot? I'm surprised that Datisi would tell you that Bugspray doesn't like scum but yet Micro 952 never came up in your discussions (and if it did come up in your discussions, why have you mentioned the fact that Bugspray doesn't like scum, but not the fact that Datisi recently saw Bugspray replace out as town, since the replace out apparently factors into your scumread of Bugspray in this game)?

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (isolation #27) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:12 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 221, Sou and Kanna wrote:mostly disliked these because they looked fake/disengaged:
Putting aside the fact that Bugspray replaced out and never answered yours or Datisi's questions, what about Bugspray's felt fake to you -- the townread on Reckoner, the scumread on Clidd, or both? I didn't agree with the reasoning behind the Reckoner townread (that Reckoner's criticism of Bugspray’s chess post was perhaps town-indicative), but if Bugspray is town then I can completely see where they were coming from with respect to their scumread on Clidd in that post. Clidd did "clump" Bugspray and Agar together in by scumreading both of them for the exact same reason, and it would make sense for town!Bugspray to call Clidd out on the fact that he wasn't attempting to make any sort of distinction between Bugspray and Agar.

I explained in a previous post why I think that scum!Bugspray would be more likely to townread town!Clidd over rather than scumread him over it. But beyond that, I don't think it would be easy for scum!Bugspray to fake a thought process like
"also kinda sr clidd because while its very tonally similar to the clidd~town i know im p sure this is a different one".
Bugspray is basically admitting here that they think that Clidd's tone is similar to the town!Clidd that they are used to, but at the same time, Clidd somehow feels "off" to them despite the tone being "right". That gives me the impression that Bugspray was
genuinely
considering what Clidd was saying in and the scumread of Clidd came as a result of them feeling that something was "off" about Clidd, as opposed to this being scum!Bugspray just giving Clidd an OMGUS scumread. If Bugspray were scum, wouldn't it be more natural for them to simply say that Clidd's tone here was different from the tone of town!Clidd that they are used to, and offer that as the reasoning behind the scumread?

It just doesn't seem likely to me that if scum!Bugspray has decided on faking a scumread on town!Clidd, that the first thing that would come to mind would be to mention that Clidd's tone was towny (which weakens the case for scum!Clidd), only to then basically say "but I still think he's scum anyways because he's different for reason's I can't explain despite the towny tone". I think it's more likely that Bugspray was just town, and they felt that something was "off" about Clidd but they didn't really know how to express what exactly it was that was "off".

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 251, clidd wrote:I'm more sure on Michael/Porkens/Bulge/Agar being town.
Hey Clidd, can you give me a one-line summary for each townread again? Thank you.

More importantly, summarize Bingle!scum for me if you can? Because gut tells me the opposite.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (isolation #29) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Shoot, thought I posted today.
I'm still happy keeping our vote.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (isolation #30) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Not really interested in a Bingle elim today.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:56 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Bell's town, and I'm pretty strong in Bingle!town now as well.

VOTE: kmd

Good with this.

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (isolation #32) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Not JK or MD.

E-2.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (isolation #33) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:16 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

I still think these posts seem exaggerated:
In post 221, Sou and Kanna wrote:i poked them with a vote and asked them to explain them, but then they rep'd out. datisi has told me bugs doesn't like scum and perhaps this is a bit of a dirty read, but it really looked to me like they repped out cause they couldn't answer questions/was off to a bad start as scum.
Scumreading bugspray at this point is one thing, but there's no reason to strongly believe that scum!Bugspray would just give up and replace out because "everyone is onto me" at this stage of the game. Especially since SK already had said that their readslist was a joke before Bugspray replaced out. Datisi mentioned some games where he caught scum!Bugspray, but Bugspray also didn't replace out of those games.
In post 177, Sou and Kanna wrote:red indicates you're strongly scumreading us, yes? but the way you preanalyse the wagons has us as town, and this is all within the same post. just the fact that it's there means i don't think you're scumreading us as hard as you say you are. gut says you just tmi'd us town + was to also porkens shade
I could see SK being suspicious of Agar over Agar's push on their slot, but saying that he TMI'd them as town just because he had them and Porkens both as scumreads seems over the top. Saying that he "TMI'd us as town" is basically saying that Agar is lockscum (town can't TMI), and I don't think that's merrited here.

It's not the reads themselves that stuck out to me, it's the confidence and reasoning behind the reads. I don't think that town!Kanna would be confidently scumreading Bugspray and Agar for the reasons they provided at the time they gave those reads.

In post 216, Michael Scott wrote:if Clidd is town then some of his posts, such as his first readslist in 33, would seem townier to scum that it actually is, because at that point in the game scum might have just assumed that Clidd would end up being a universal townread. So scum may have just assumed that Clidd would probably start to get townread over posts like 33 and considered it a "towny" post without really evaluating its contents.

If Clidd/Bell is town then I still believe that that is true as well. Given Clidd's reputation for being obvtown when town I don't think that both scum would scumread town!Clidd, especially early on in the game.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (isolation #34) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Michael Scott »

I asked the mod and he confirmed that the deadline is today, not Thursday, so the deadline is in about 3 and a half hours from now. Ari also updated the latest VC to reflect this as well.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (isolation #35) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 420, The Bulge wrote:somebody who is still bringing up bugspray knows he is town. this is fucking ridiculous, I refuse to believe that the most circumstantial meta read I have ever fucking heard is so universally known and respected. If i am scum I promise you there is something to find in my iso
Was this directed at me? My read on Bugspray/you is more about SK's push on them than it is about Bugspray's content. I've stated numerous times why I'm not convinced that town!SK would strongly scumread Bugspray (or Agar) for the reasons that they provided.

Were you suggesting that I'm scum, and that I'm TMI'ng your slot as town?

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (isolation #36) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:22 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 428, Klick wrote:Oh what.

SK is not going to flip scum. There's a pretty solid chance that Bulge will.
How confident are you on scum!Bulge?

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (isolation #37) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Michael Scott »

If Bulge just insinuated what I think he just insinuated about me, then that definitely is making me reconsider the SK vs Bugspray/Bulge dynamic. Why would town!Bulge think that the most likely scenario is that I, as scum, have chosen to indirectly hard defend his slot (via pushing SK) for this entire day phase?

Maybe Bugspray does replace out more as scum -- I don't know as I only looked at the game I mentioned (where Bugspray replaced out as town), and the two Micro games that Datisi brought up where Burspray was scum, but posted a lot and didn't replace out.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (isolation #38) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Michael Scott »

VOTE: The Bulge

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (isolation #39) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:01 am

Post by Michael Scott »

If Bulge flips red: There is no way that I would bring up the real deadline (everyone thought that it was Thursday) and then bus Bulge if we were scum together. I would just let the deadline run out with a no-elimination, as that's far better than running the risk of a deadline wagon building up on Bulge, especially since we have a JK.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (isolation #40) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:13 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 439, The Bulge wrote:you were my secret scumread I mentioned, for earlier stated reasons that you were putting so much energy into a repped out player while ignoring the rest of the game

now that sk is scum i dont think you are likely their partner
Why do you think that scum!me would put all of that effort into defending town!you/Bugspray? It came across to me like you were scumreading me
just
because I questioned the semi-consensus that "Bugspray replaces out more as scum, and is therefore likely scum in this game" (I don't know this to be the case from firsthand experience, but I will assume it's true).

In particular, what I'm getting at is, why did you think the most likely scenario is A) I'm scum and hard defending you, even though doing so arguably doesn't really benefit scum!me in any way rather than B) I actually am town and thought that SK's push on you was questionable, and, a result, thought that your slot might have been town?

I mean I don't think you would argue that you and SK make sense as scum partners, so if I found SK's push on your predecessor (and, again, also their push on Agar) to be questionable, would it not make sense for me to townread you by extension?

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #41) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 442, The Bulge wrote:I'm the friendly neighbour if I didn't make that clear. crumbs are for chumps. if i die today my wagon is badtown, the rest are scum.
I knew you were implying a CC with your vote on SK. I don't believe you just because SK claimed first and you are the CC'er -- scum!you has every reason to CC town!SK in this gamestate, since you are the competing wagon and we are a few hours away from the deadline.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (isolation #42) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Michael Scott »

Anyways, Bulge is at E-1 now.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (isolation #43) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Michael Scott »

Also @Bulge: Another reason why it makes sense for scum!you to CC town!SK here is to try and setup SK and us as back-to-back mis-eliminations. Because if I took your CC at face value and voted SK, then after you flip red on day 2 it looks like I was trying to buy you an extra day so we can deal with the JK and avoid any townies becoming confirmed.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (isolation #44) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:44 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 450, Bingle wrote:Both wagons E-2 and I don't want to choose...

Fuck this noise.

Bulge/KMD isn't a scumteam possibility. Bulge would know Reck is JK or MD, and either way 437 would be a concession post.

I'm half tempted to try to flashwagon outside of the FN's and let night actions resolve them, but I really doubt we have enough participation to do so. I'm also not sure who I'd choose.

I'll be around to hammer I guess, but I'm not sure which way I lean and I'm open to arguments.
Bulge is at E-1, SK is at E-2.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (isolation #45) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Nice job, KMD!

I had it narrowed down to Klick or Reck for SK's partner during the night phase, but I was strongly leaning towards scum!Klick based on the events of day one. The only thing that really stood out to me with Reck was that he pushed SK for most of day one, but then at the last minute he started pushing Bell instead as we got close to the deadline (it's very risky to keep pushing your partner when you know there's a JK, especially when they are the main wagon).

No one else even made sense as SK's partner. Auro has been strongly townreading Bingle and Clidd/Bell for most of the game (I think Bingle is towny too, and despite initially scumreading Clidd I came around on the slot). I also found Agar consistently towny. Aside from that, Agar was consistent in pushing SK, and it wouldn't have made sense for scum!Bell to vote for SK and put them in a position where they most likely would be forced to claim right before the deadline.

And, sorry Bulge. I shouldn't have second guessed myself on you vs SK at the last minute! That deadline "surprise" was unfortunate.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (isolation #46) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

@KMD You are definitely going to jail Reck again, right? With one scum already being outed, I really don't think that scum would pull a no-kill gambit or try to kill Reck instead of you.

No one else should vote for SK for the time being, so they can't quickhammer themselves.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (isolation #47) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 486, Klick wrote:Looool I suck.

No-kill gambit is entirely plausible in this scenario - it's got a 5/7 shot of practically guaranteeing a misfloss if Kmd targeted a townie, and they gain the kill back eventually because we're on evens.

There are plenty of people who don't make much sense as SK's partner, this game should practically be a lock. I highly doubt AGar goes for the hard bus all day yesterday. Still think it's super doubtful that it's Bell.
That leaves {Reck, MS, Bingle} in about that order. And I don't really think it's Bingle.

I'd also like to posit that 'blatantly buddying my scumbuddy' isn't a strat I'd be likely to go for as scum replacing into this game lol.
From my POV there are only two possibilities: Reck is scum (99% likely) or you are scum (1% likely at this point). Because objectively speaking, no-killing on night one when one scum is already outed and is the guaranteed day two elimination is a misplay for scum. If Reck actually is town, for scum to successfully frame him via mechanics, they have to no-kill for two nights in a row: if they only no-kill on night one and then kill KMD on night two (or anyone else for that matter), then Reck automatically becomes confirmed town, thus negating the whole point of no-killing on night one to begin with. On the other hand, if scum goes for the frame Reck route and no-kills again on night two, then they very likely would pull off the Reck mis-elimination on day three, but then they need a total of four mis-eliminations (instead of the usual three mis-eliminations) to meet their win condition. Which again defeats the purpose of the whole gambit -- scum would be much better off with just killing KMD on night one and trying to win through dayplay.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (isolation #48) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:13 am

Post by Michael Scott »

I'm ready to end the day if everyone else is. I'll wait a bit before voting in case Bingle has anything that he wants to add.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (isolation #49) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Yes!!! I get to take out
SK
Toby!!!!

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (isolation #50) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 518, Bell wrote:Any thoughts on who's evil enough to do that?
@Reck.
If Reck isn't scum then Klick is.

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (isolation #51) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Good job town, and good game all! Nice job stopping your own nightkill from going through, KMD.

I'm glad we were able to take down
both
Toby's! :P

Thank you for modding Ari! I really hope these geriatric games can be a regular thing -- the slow pace helps a lot for busy people like myself and Auro!

- Date Mike (Volxen)
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (isolation #52) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:49 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 529, xRECKONERx wrote:yeah, sucked to get basically randomly chosen. we were on a 50/50 flip between whether me or S&K should submit the kill N1.
setup overall feels a little town sided? like we got lucky town imploded D1 but in such a small game, JK has so much utility
That deadline surprise on day one was so unfortunate lolol, I wish I had asked Ari about the deadline sooner! :P

I'd like to think that *hopefully* I would have made the correct choice between SK and Bulge on day one if I would have had more time to interact with Bulge after the SK vs Bulge FN dispute. I was kind of starting to get town pings from Bulge because of the fact that he stuck around and kept posting after he claimed FN, whereas SK claimed FN and then vanished, but there just wasn't a lot of time to really evaluate!

I'm just grateful that KMD saved the day by jailing you, because if KMD had died on night 1, I was going to go all out with my death-tunnel on Klick on day 2, and I think that he would have done the same to me/Auro, lol. I did have SK's partner narrowed down to you or Klick on night 1, but I was strongly leaning towards scum!Klick.

- Date Mike (Volxen)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”