Micro 960: A Year of Miccros II - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3822 (isolation #200) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3816, Raven Branwen wrote:I would think scum would kill duckling or you before me or SS? Because duckling would obviously protect you right?
This
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4004 (isolation #201) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:21 am

In post 3865, Raven Branwen wrote:@SS can you please explain to me again why you’re so certain that mfd confirms tw because I don’t see it.
There is no point in having a strongman if there is no protective role.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4005 (isolation #202) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:28 am

In post 3919, the worst wrote:Feel very welcome to - i think you're kinda outside of scumrange anyway, it's just due diligence STONEHENGE
STONEHENGE
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4006 (isolation #203) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:32 am

In post 3938, skitter30 wrote:ss what's your solve? i don't even know
Raven/Pooky > Raven/ducky (tinfoil)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4007 (isolation #204) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:40 am

In post 3959, Raven Branwen wrote:This is a really good point. I don’t think I want to execute Pooky anymore. So it’s between SS/duckling.
Tinfoil paranoia waning
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4008 (isolation #205) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:46 am

In post 3953, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:This post seems like an oversight for a "mech" genius - there is something for the mark to bypass - the bomb for example.
This is true that the mark isn't completely worthless if there's a bomb, but it's not like the mark is needed to prevent the bomb from doing what it's supposed to do-- they can just shoot someone else. They're unlikely to random mark without any clue what the mark does, so the mark is pretty much only relevant in the very niche scenario where the bomb has claimed but they really want them dead anyway (and are willing to let the bomb be conftown for a whole day first).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4009 (isolation #206) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:51 am

In post 3995, Datisi wrote:hat's why i'm lowkey thinking my role gives some credibility to duck's. because we're both missing someone.
He could easily be faking the neighbor part, all he has to do is ask Micc if there can be a single neighbor.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4011 (isolation #207) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:01 am

If he wanted to claim BG, he didn't really have another choice
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4013 (isolation #208) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:06 am

I mean I would assume scum would fakeclaim from a game they were given as a fakeclaim rather than just a random game
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4015 (isolation #209) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:12 am

Well Raven calling Pooky town made me more confident so like 85%?

Raven is mega scum though and she should die first imo. You calling bugs town was the main reason I didn't go after her before :X
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4024 (isolation #210) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:37 am

In post 4017, Raven Branwen wrote:I think what is actually “mega scummy” is you completely ignoring my case on you and omgussing me.
You made a case on me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4027 (isolation #211) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:38 am

In post 4019, Raven Branwen wrote:Why is mfd kill confirm a protective role? And why were you not ready to end the day when we were almost at deadline?
I did answer the first

And for the second there were clearly enough people around to end the day when they wanted to
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4028 (isolation #212) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:39 am

In post 4022, Raven Branwen wrote:Totally, it’s clearly super scummy to be thinking Pooky could actually be telling the truth here.
That post had nothing to do with my read on you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4030 (isolation #213) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:39 am

In post 4016, Datisi wrote:were you scumreading her earlier? if so, can you out bullet points why (or quote if you did so already)?
No, because I was trusting your read
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4032 (isolation #214) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:41 am

In post 4029, Raven Branwen wrote:Neither claim prevents anything the marking scum does is my point.
You have it backwards. I'm not saying the BG exists to stop the mark. I'm saying the mark exists to stop the BG. The fact that the BG doesn't block the mark is what gives the mark relevance within the setup.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4033 (isolation #215) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:42 am

In post 4026, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:pookyscum would never offer to get lynched - thats literally miles outside my scumrange
Is lying about what's outside your scumrange outside your scumrange?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4037 (isolation #216) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:55 am

Nobody. If you townread Datisi, you have to scumread me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4038 (isolation #217) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:56 am

But my point is that the mark is a totally unnecessary thing to introduce to the game solely to counter a bomb. Bombs can already be countered by... not shooting them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4042 (isolation #218) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:06 am

Doesn't dsjstr just get killed today and then we're in the same spot?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4043 (isolation #219) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:06 am

@4039
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4046 (isolation #220) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:09 am

Dsjstr would be executed and then it's Raven vs me, just like it is today.

Pedit: I'm talking about if you're scum
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4049 (isolation #221) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:27 am

Why did I kill lilith over skitter who softed PR?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4053 (isolation #222) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:32 am

In post 4050, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:There is no reason for scum-Pooky to make these points and offer himself up to be lynched instead
There's no good reason for town-Pooky to do it either and yet here we are. So we're kind of forced to believe you did it for a bad reason.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4058 (isolation #223) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:37 am

In post 4054, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i literally explained the reason for me to do it as town yesterday
Yeah but it's not a GOOD reason. It's just as likely, if not more, for a speed execution to occur if we leave the guy literally everyone scumreads alive till lylo.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4059 (isolation #224) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:38 am

In post 4056, Raven Branwen wrote:Why would I kill Lillith > Skitter who was practically deathtunelling me at the time if I knew she softed PR?
Did you know she softed PR?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4063 (isolation #225) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:42 am

But dsjstr would not be a liability in lylo?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4065 (isolation #226) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:43 am

I've never seen an offer for self-execution that wasn't mechanical be taken seriously. Have you?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4072 (isolation #227) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:53 am

In post 4069, Raven Branwen wrote:Another thing, why does scum!me not make an effort to save him after he townlocked me?
Ostensibly because it would get your partner Pooky killed instead.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4076 (isolation #228) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:59 am

In post 4074, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:if you guys listened to me and believed me when I said dsj can't be scum because scum-dsj isn't clever or deceptive enough to pull a lynch-me gambit - then obviously dsj wouldn't be a liability in lylo since you guys believe me that he is town
Given your track record this game, I'm pretty sure nobody would trust you enough to stake the game on that read.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4084 (isolation #229) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:05 am

In post 4079, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:my track record this game is better than yours buddy
And I sure wouldn't offer myself up as an execution to save a townread and expect people to actually respect it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4086 (isolation #230) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:06 am

In post 4081, Raven Branwen wrote:My predecessor tried to get him hammered. Is that not correct? Dsjstr tr me even over mech confitown. He was never ever going to vote me but in an F3 with him, me and Dats, he’d 100% vote Dats, where Pooky would 100% vote me > Dats.
Doesn't matter. He wouldn't make it beyond F5.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4100 (isolation #231) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:24 am

In post 4096, skitter30 wrote:i do actually think that this is indicative of scum!ss
Lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4112 (isolation #232) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:42 am

It's the Obvtown Breakdown (dada-doo-doo, dada-doo-doo-doo)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4117 (isolation #233) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:46 am

They aren't. I don't really know what they're on about either tbh.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4128 (isolation #234) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:08 am

In post 4123, skitter30 wrote:only if there were no other bg's in the 70-odd games we're working with
I mean I'm assuming that scum are going to use the mod provided fakeclaims rather than just yeeting out a random game and hoping.
and i think that claiming neighborless neighbor is kinda risky?
A bit. I mean he could also be scum neighbor from the same game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4131 (isolation #235) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:10 am

In post 4126, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:why would neighbors from different games get put into the same neigbhorhood?
because they're in the same game now?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4137 (isolation #236) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:14 am

How is it fallacious?

There is no good reason for Pooky to do it as town.
There is no good reason for Pooky to do it as scum.

Ergo, Pooky did not do it for a good reason.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4145 (isolation #237) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:19 am

If there is another neighbor in the game, because it really doesn't make any sense for Micc to put two neighbors and not give them a neighborhood.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4153 (isolation #238) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:23 am

I feel like you just defeated your own argument by only listing scumgames
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4187 (isolation #239) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:50 am

In post 4166, skitter30 wrote:well, more the bit that you're insinuating that because it was done for a bad reason, it's unlikely to come from town!him
I'm not insinuating that. He was trying to argue that the only alignment that had a good reason to do it was town. I was trying to refute that argument.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4190 (isolation #240) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:55 am

I'm trusting general consensus on Datisi.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4193 (isolation #241) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:56 am

A bit, but how is that relevant?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4251 (isolation #242) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:39 am

In post 4194, skitter30 wrote:cuz it would make me feel better to see some evidence of scumhunting
I mean you're not gonna find it now that the game is basically solved from my POV
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4258 (isolation #243) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:44 am

In post 4252, skitter30 wrote:it's not from my pov tho :'(
well I can't do your scumhunting for you. idk look through my ISO or better yet look through Koba's because I still maintain that Koba was obvtown.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4277 (isolation #244) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:01 pm

In post 4268, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Raven doesn't make sense because bugspray almost lynched me D1
and bussing doesn't exist?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4278 (isolation #245) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:02 pm

c'mon skitter I shouldn't have to towncase myself. the raven/pooky scumcase practically writes itself.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4289 (isolation #246) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:07 pm

In post 4287, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:or we aren't fucking partners
I don't think anyone's arguing that you two being partners is the only plausible explanation for that interaction.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4291 (isolation #247) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:09 pm

In post 4288, the worst wrote:again I find it alarming that you can't give me a two dimensional reason why you aren't partners and I don't believe in the integrity of your solve
I've seen this tactic before, actually

"Look I'm not scum, who could I possibly be partnered with?

I can't be partnered with [townie] because [good reason].
I can't be partnered with [townie] because [good reason].
I can't be partnered with [scum] because [shitty reason]."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4302 (isolation #248) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:28 pm

In post 4299, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i dont see how any town player doesnt feel even the littlest bit of doubt

like i have tremendous doubt about my solve i dont get how you are so confident in yours
which game are you reading lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4403 (isolation #249) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:52 pm

Like I said, the scumcase writes itself.

Skitter if you can't see how bad faith Raven is posting in on the previous page, I don't know what to tell you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4405 (isolation #250) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:01 pm

oh no, one person voted for another, they can never be scumbuddies and it makes 0 sense. whatever will we do?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4407 (isolation #251) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:02 pm

also, this is good faith. I'm not trying to manipulate skitter or sell her on anything, because I don't have to. I am just providing my perspective, and I'm willing to engage her if she doesn't understand why I feel the way I do.

You are confusing good faith with high effort. Effort is not indicative of alignment.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4409 (isolation #252) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:05 pm

In post 4406, Raven Branwen wrote:If you seriously think this makes even an iota of sense, you’re either scum ot on drugs, so which is it?
I'm not really sure what you're expecting to accomplish by doing this. But I would expect it to harm your cause and thus help mine, so by all means, keep it up.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4412 (isolation #253) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:19 pm

how do you know that I'm not considering the possibility that I might be wrong?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4413 (isolation #254) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:19 pm

also, how does the you/Pooky team not make sense? you haven't really shown that in any satisfactory way.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4417 (isolation #255) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:32 pm

In post 4415, Raven Branwen wrote:This doesn’t look like it to me.
I mean nowhere did I claim I had perfect confidence in the scumcase. I have a fair amount of confidence in it, certainly way more than I have in any other team. It's lylo, there isn't room for error, why would you not be expecting me to pick the highest probability team and throw my weight behind it?

Or better yet, if you want to do meta, go find a time where I was town in lylo and didn't pick what I thought was the most likely team and commit to it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4418 (isolation #256) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:34 pm

In post 4416, Raven Branwen wrote:If you weren’t deathtunnelling me here, do you honestly think scum!me would defend a buddy like this? Because that would be suicide. Can you at least agree with that much?
It's definitely not suicide to defend your buddy in lylo. Usually scumteams have a plan for which exact lylo they will win in, so if your plan is to win right here, then you are correct to launch all your firepower at me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4419 (isolation #257) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:35 pm

In post 4414, Raven Branwen wrote:I’m saying that your arguments don’t make logical sense
I've barely made any arguments! I've mostly just tried to tear down yours and Pooky's.

That's kind of my whole angle here; that I shouldn't have to explain why you and Pooky are scum, because it should be self-evident.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4420 (isolation #258) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:36 pm

You are asserting that the you/Pooky team has holes in it without any evidence.

Then when I ask for evidence, you argue that different things are impossible to come from a team of the two of you... again, without any evidence. Have you never seen scum bus each other on day 1? Have you never seen scum defend each other in lylo? That seems hard to believe.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4425 (isolation #259) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:10 pm

In post 4423, Raven Branwen wrote:Because you’re deathtunnelling me and you’ve been doing that since D2.
uh?

I had you in my PoE, that is most certainly not a deathtunnel
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4427 (isolation #260) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:11 pm

In post 4424, Raven Branwen wrote:it’s inevitable he’s going down
well it's clearly not, because he doesn't seem to be going anywhere
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4428 (isolation #261) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:12 pm

In post 4426, Raven Branwen wrote:Bugs almost accidentally freaking hammered Pooky but sure completely ignore how that makes absolutely no sense if we’re buddies.
I would hammer my buddy on D1 if we thought it was our best shot.

I would think bugs would do likewise. Not to mention the possibility that it was staged and bugs knew they weren't hammering.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4430 (isolation #262) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:17 pm

I don't know how you can possibly read that and think it's a deathtunnel. I literally listed five of the six living players as possible scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4440 (isolation #263) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:34 pm

In post 4436, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:0 progression at all
hm you know that's a good point. it's not like anything changed between yesterday and today.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4445 (isolation #264) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:38 pm

In post 4442, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:so are you going to admit you're in a 0 effort death tunnel and it looks shady af?
what?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4451 (isolation #265) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:45 pm

In post 4448, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:notice how we are at dsj flips town - but instead of doing what you promised to do - you have defaulted to "let's just lynch pooky/raven" which means your answer at the time was basically full of shit and you were pushing a dsj lynch on bad faith to begin with
did you miss my sarcasm before?

After dsjstr flipped, we had the mark, which gives credence to exactly one scum in Pooky/tw, with a preference for Pooky, and then you started pushing me/tw which means if you're town we likely can't win anyway and you pushing away from Raven makes more sense as her partner, and then she started pushing me/tw as well, which gives even more credence to that theory. Meanwhile, tw has maintained his confidence in Datisi town, which I trust, and Datisi has eroded his confidence in Raven town, which was the main thing holding me back from scumreading her. All of the pieces for a Pooky/Raven scumteam have come into place-- the townies are mostly in the same headspace, the setup makes sense, and the scum plan to mis-exe me today is clear.

But yeah, it was just a default read and I didn't do any thinking.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4456 (isolation #266) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:47 pm

In post 4449, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like your play this game has been so lazy and sloppy that you have managed to melt away any goodwill/town-iness that Koba built up and your default response seems to be "WELL LOOK AT HOW TOWNY KOBA WAS"

GUESS WHAT KOBA ISNT FUCKING PLAYING THIS GAME ANYMORE YOU ARE
I don't understand what this is supposed to prove? Koba and I share the same role PM. Koba's ISO is and always has been towny, and it will always continue to be.

This is just a fancy way for you to say that I've been scummy without any evidence.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4462 (isolation #267) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:59 pm

In post 4458, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:if someone plays really townie for half a day that doesn't mean it lasts for the rest of the game - you have to keep playing townie to look townie
no???

the definition of towny is above average likelihood to be town. if someone plays above average likelihood to be town for a bit, and then plays average likelihood to be town... they are still above average likelihood to be town, albeit less so.

If someone plays EXTREMELY above average likelihood to be town, even for a very short duration, they will still be extremely above average likelihood to be town for the whole game, unless they do something extremely below average likelihood to be town. I can demonstrate the math here, if you actually care.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4466 (isolation #268) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:17 pm

What have I done that's been scummy, and (this is important) why is it more likely to come from scum than town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4468 (isolation #269) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:18 pm

I don't recall you ever answering the second question.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4471 (isolation #270) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:19 pm

That's actually not true, you did have . But I explained pretty clearly what my thought process was that led to what I'm pushing today, so I don't think it really applies here?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4473 (isolation #271) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:20 pm

In post 4451, Something_Smart wrote:After dsjstr flipped, we had the mark, which gives credence to exactly one scum in Pooky/tw, with a preference for Pooky, and then you started pushing me/tw which means if you're town we likely can't win anyway and you pushing away from Raven makes more sense as her partner, and then she started pushing me/tw as well, which gives even more credence to that theory. Meanwhile, tw has maintained his confidence in Datisi town, which I trust, and Datisi has eroded his confidence in Raven town, which was the main thing holding me back from scumreading her. All of the pieces for a Pooky/Raven scumteam have come into place-- the townies are mostly in the same headspace, the setup makes sense, and the scum plan to mis-exe me today is clear.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4475 (isolation #272) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:21 pm

In post 4472, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 4460, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:because he has absolute confidence in his solve and he doesn't even care about the possibility he could be wrong
In post 4417, Something_Smart wrote:I mean nowhere did I claim I had perfect confidence in the scumcase. I have a fair amount of confidence in it, certainly way more than I have in any other team. It's lylo, there isn't room for error, why would you not be expecting me to pick the highest probability team and throw my weight behind it?

Or better yet, if you want to do meta, go find a time where I was town in lylo and didn't pick what I thought was the most likely team and commit to it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4477 (isolation #273) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:22 pm

In post 4474, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:how did you use the information from DSJ flipping town?
I didn't.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4478 (isolation #274) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:23 pm

In post 4476, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you're literally not even considering any other scumteam than Pooky/Raven
In post 4006, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3938, skitter30 wrote:ss what's your solve? i don't even know
Raven/Pooky > Raven/ducky (tinfoil)
stop saying things that aren't true
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4480 (isolation #275) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:25 pm

besides, are you in my mind? how do you know what I'm considering?

This goes back to . In lylo, it is optimal to locate the highest likelihood scumteam and stick with it. It doesn't mean you think other teams are impossible, it just means you're taking the play with what you believe is the highest probability of success.

I have stated at length that I think you/Raven is the most likely team and also that I think that the case for you and Raven being scum is pretty obvious and clear. That doesn't mean the case is 100%, even from my point of view, only that it is there and it is compelling. You are putting words in my mouth.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4482 (isolation #276) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:26 pm

In post 4479, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Now instead of doing the "figure something out" part- you've gone back to "we need to lynch Pooky/Raven"

Which means your response was full of shit to begin with
Datisi changed his mind on Raven. That is one of the main things that caused my view of the game to come into focus.

If he hadn't done that, I'd probably be pushing him, but I would be torn between him and ducky.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4484 (isolation #277) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:35 pm

You both are speaking essentially in unison today. You are pulling whatever you can out of my ISO and assigning it scum motivation without actually analyzing it, and you're shooting down whatever I say and trying to gaslight me by suggesting that my arguments are insane. You're ignoring the evidence I have given of decision making and insisting that you actually know what I did or didn't think about. You both have expressed a token suspicion on the other but ultimately decided that I was the right one to kill.

This is not at all a cooperative mindset. This is adversarial. This method of twisting the facts could be confirmation bias-- but confirmation bias rarely manifests itself in such a sudden (neither of you were remotely tunneled on me before today) or coordinated (you both are doing this in exactly the same way at exactly the same time) manner.

Meanwhile I have basically sat here and taken it, trying to deflect and break down your arguments while engaging the people I trust and trying to get on the same page as them (and get them on the same page as each other). I haven't really presented any arguments of my own, because I don't necessarily think that what I can produce is more meaningful than what they can produce, and whatever case they make will certainly be more meaningful to them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4486 (isolation #278) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:39 pm

I wouldn't expect you to play the same way every game. Do you?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4487 (isolation #279) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:39 pm

You would be a very poor scum player if you did. You seem better than that to me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4491 (isolation #280) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:43 pm

In post 4488, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:this is a lie, I went against you yesterday
You weren't tunneled though. I thought your suspicion of me yesterday was pretty reasonable.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4492 (isolation #281) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:44 pm

In post 4489, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:of course you would take it - there's no need for you to respond unless there's a chance you will lose this - as long as the prevailing town sentiment is on your side - scum-SS doesn't have to actually engage me
There's always a chance I'll lose it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4495 (isolation #282) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:46 pm

In post 4493, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:what's your definition of tunneled?
arguing that I am very likely to be scum and presenting arguments with either no evidence or bad evidence that's twisted to support your conclusion; essentially confirmation bias.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4497 (isolation #283) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:47 pm

In post 4494, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you don't have a reason to engage unless you thought you were losing it
That doesn't really seem true to me. I generally believe that people like skitter are good enough that with no intervention they'll do a better than random job, so as scum I would feel much more motivated to try to tip the scales in my favor.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4499 (isolation #284) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:50 pm

In post 4496, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I didn't argue you were likely to be scum yesterday?
You didn't do the thing I described. You mentioned some reasonable concerns-- that I was too confident you were town, that I was being too passive-- but you never argued that it made me definitely scum, and you weren't voting me either.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4500 (isolation #285) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:51 pm

In post 4498, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:but as town you wouldn't feel motivated to tip the scales?
nope. I'll answer any questions skitter wants, but otherwise I'll let her do her own thing because I believe she's competent enough to come to the correct conclusion.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4502 (isolation #286) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:53 pm

That's if dsjstr was town, though, right? I imagine you didn't have me as scum if dsjstr flipped scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4506 (isolation #287) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:57 pm

Oh, that's weird then. If those were just your reads full stop, then wouldn't you be very confident dsjstr was town, rather than "pretty worried" he was town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4507 (isolation #288) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:58 pm

In post 4505, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:so basically you will coast because you think skitter is leaning towards voting Pooky out and you want to do your best not to rock the boat by pretending you aren't even here.

Scum-Lurker tactic - let the town hang themselves
Yes. Also Town-Lurker tactic - let the town hang the scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4510 (isolation #289) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:08 pm

Well, didn't you say it yourself? It's looking like my scumreads are gonna get killed. So why wouldn't it be okay for me to lurk?

(This is of course a simplification, because I'm doing anything but lurking. By lurking I presume you mean not taking an active role in pushing my reads.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4512 (isolation #290) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:27 pm

I don't follow. Why would I want to take more of a lead in pushing my scumreads, if I were less sure of them? If by some chance my solve is wrong, it's likely going to fall to skitter to figure that out. If I were throwing tons of arguments about why it's Pooky/Raven at her, wouldn't that make it harder for her to find the correct solve?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4551 (isolation #291) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:21 am

In post 4528, Datisi wrote:s_s, can you talk about this post a bit more? like i don't know whta i'm asking here myself, but this just seems like a weird thing to say?
If you had stuck to your Raven townread, I would have trusted that you were right, even though I didn't like it.

And by PoE that would peg the team at you/Pooky, you/tw, or you/Raven.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4553 (isolation #292) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:38 am

Have you seen what Raven and Pooky have been posting today?

They're trying to cast it as though I just totally failed to reevaluate like I said I would, but I've made it clear that the main reason I'm pushing them is all the garbage they've said today.

I have been thinking about other solves. But... that requires either Raven or Pooky to be town, something which is both truly terrifying and almost certainly a town loss.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4556 (isolation #293) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:43 am

Pooky: "I always tell my partners to bus me"
Also Pooky: "Town is dumb for pushing through wagons that had no resistance"

I guess scumteams with Pooky are the only ones that are allowed to bus?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4565 (isolation #294) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:54 am

In post 4557, Datisi wrote:i just found it... weirdly phrased, "i'd have pushed person X if they didn't do Y, but they did Y, so i won't" because i guess in my mind it implied you should've been pushing X regardless since X was "cornered" in "having" to do Y in order to not get pushed?
Oh I see. While it's true that you probably did have to stop townreading Raven to avoid getting pushed by me, I don't think you were cornered, because you would probably win a 1v1 with me.

And also, it's not a foregone conclusion that I would push you there-- you might not necessarily know that I would trust your word about Raven even if it made me scumread you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4569 (isolation #295) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:58 am

I'm sorry if I've come off as arrogant, though it's weird to levy an accusation of arrogance and apathy at the same time.

I don't ever mean to suggest that my point of view is automatically the best and right. Everything I say is naturally filtered through my point of view, there's no reason to preface everything with "I believe..." or "In my opinion..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4574 (isolation #296) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:04 am

In post 4571, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:arrogant dicks usually dont give a fuck what the other people think so they look apathetic. thats why every time I talk with you i feel you are not engaging in good faith and just using bumblefuck logic.
Don't you think that's because I'm scum, and not because I'm arrogant?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4591 (isolation #297) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:24 am

In post 4583, Raven Branwen wrote:Dafuq? So anyone but Skitter who correctly trs me is scum? You’re basically saying that if Dats trs me she’s scum?
That is what I'm basically saying.

Because if Datisi townread you, then he would be RIGHT.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4623 (isolation #298) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:53 am

In post 4592, Datisi wrote:pedit: why are there like 10 new posts fuck me
I'm sorry. I can stop engaging them now if you want.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4625 (isolation #299) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:55 am

In post 4605, Datisi wrote:noice yoinking, micc. i hope this is fun to watch.
How could it possibly be lol

Micc probably wants to strangle all of us
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4634 (isolation #300) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:31 am

In post 4633, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i have no reason to manipulate your emotions because you literally already think I am town and so changing your opinion wouldnt help me in any way.
This has the extremely worrying implication that you would be willing to manipulate someone's emotions if they did not agree with you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4650 (isolation #301) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:46 am

In post 4649, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:can you find a game where I do this as scum? what the hell does this puppy dude have to do with me?
Can you find a game where you did it as town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4655 (isolation #302) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:52 am

In post 4651, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:the negation of I wouldn't do this as scum is to find a game where I did it as scum.
no, that is the negation of "you DIDN'T do it as scum." It is impossible to prove that you WOULDN'T do it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4670 (isolation #303) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:16 am

In post 4668, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:My point is that my game meta history is the best clue you are going to get about whether I am capable of these actions you are accusing me of doing badly.
The best single clue maybe, but not the only one, and I would assume that your meta would reveal that you are capable of a playing in a variety of ways and using WIFOM to your advantage. Especially if you have never done what you did here as either alignment, then the proper conclusion to draw is that a situation where something like this would be appropriate is simply rare, and you were never in such a situation before. In that case, the fact that you have never done it as scum is of no consequence.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4671 (isolation #304) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:19 am

In post 4668, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:You have tried to twist that by going for the inverse of the action which has no bearing on the probability of me doing this as scum.
Oh also, this is silly. The probability of you doing it as town + the probability of you doing it as scum = the total probability of you doing it. In this game that latter quantity is constant. So the greater the probability of you doing it as town, the lower the probability of you doing it as scum, and vice versa.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4717 (isolation #305) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:35 am

In post 4687, skitter30 wrote:although, ss, can you just remind me why you're townbinning dats again?
single biggest reason is probably that Pooky and Raven are such giant dumpster fires that the thought of either of them being town fills me with dread, and they're so tunneled on me that it's not like we have a realistic shot of winning in those circumstances anyway.

But also I trust the duck and I do agree with Datisi that he's investing more effort than he really needs to be here if he's scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4753 (isolation #306) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:14 am

may I just point out that if Pooky is town we are not about to lose the game; we have already long since lost it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4774 (isolation #307) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:23 am

If it makes you feel any better Datisi I'm around a lot and I check my egosearch compulsively. So it's very unlikely that me paying attention to the thread is dependent on anything other than RL.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4782 (isolation #308) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:30 am

If you're town you have 3 partners, but you sure aren't playing like it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4792 (isolation #309) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:41 am

In post 4783, skitter30 wrote:sorry maybe i'm just bad at mechanics (i mean i am just bad at mechanics)

why isn't fn + 6 vts vs mfd balanced again?
6 vts v. 2 goons with a mfd is considered balanced-enough, no?
I mean I doubt that Micc would make this setup literally Marked for Death.

Also I think for the Marked for Death comparison to be equivalent the FN would have to be bulletproof.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4797 (isolation #310) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:50 am

VOTE: Pooky
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4920 (isolation #311) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:47 pm

In post 4917, the worst wrote:Can someone more empathetic than me who isn't Pooky/raven please check in
No
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5091 (isolation #312) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:15 am

In that game, how good were Pooky's reads? Did he have any that he was extremely confident on that turned out to be wrong?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5153 (isolation #313) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:10 pm

In post 5114, Raven Branwen wrote:So what changed then @SS? Why wouldn’t you think I’d do that with Pooky?
Because it's lylo and you judged that you wouldn't have a chance if Pooky died anyway?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5156 (isolation #314) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:37 pm

In post 5155, Raven Branwen wrote:You straight up said that’s what would make the most sense for scum!me to do here
Where did I say that? If I did, I take it back.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5159 (isolation #315) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:07 pm

Right, I forgot that all scenarios are exactly the same even if the people and context involved are different.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5162 (isolation #316) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:36 pm

I mean you're also repeating that same line like a stuck record even though I've addressed it a bunch of times, so if you're town you're also playing this pretty badly.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5164 (isolation #317) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:44 pm

5160 doesn't relate to the accusation that I don't seem to be showing any signs of doubt, which is what I was referring to.

It is proper play to set doubt aside at some point in lylo and take your best shot. Whether or not you agree with this has no bearing on whether you believe that I would do it as town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5169 (isolation #318) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:57 pm

In post 5165, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:in which universe is Pooky scum and Raven town and SS town? Can you even come up with a game-state where this makes sense?
I would like to give Raven more credit than that, but I will admit that mafia has stretched my ability to believe incredible things significantly.

It sure doesn't make sense, but that doesn't rule it out.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5171 (isolation #319) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:01 pm

I mean, the team would be Pooky/Datisi in that case. Of course, I would be floored if that were true, but I've been floored like that before.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5206 (isolation #320) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:01 pm

How can that be the case when skitter didn't claim friendly neighbor until D2
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5255 (isolation #321) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:46 pm

Lol at Raven saying I seem too confident in my reads meanwhile this^
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5258 (isolation #322) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:55 pm

I mean from my POV all I have to do is accept that your townread of Raven is right from your POV. That rules out tw/Raven, and you being scum is the only option left.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5365 (isolation #323) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:17 am

In post 5351, skitter30 wrote:i guess i'm not crazy for thinking that fn + bomb + mfd was kinda balanced
You are. It's not.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5367 (isolation #324) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:21 am

That's really all I have to say. Pooky got dealt a terrible hand and then played it terribly.

Bodyguard claim seems to have been playing with fire when you didn't know the whole setup, no? Surely if Pooky's PR had been stronger you would have paid for that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5371 (isolation #325) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:33 am

Like if the bomb claims then they're just a fancy VT and scum can STILL kill them if they want. If the bomb doesn't claim then again they either do nothing or whoops, one scum is dead and the other has to mark so town gains an extra mis-exe and a free scum kill. And scum don't know that this is what the mark is meant to avoid.

This might be balanced per se but it's balanced around a small chance of a bomb hit which wrecks scum and a larger chance of no bomb hit when town just has no power.

Sorry, Micc and schadd, but there's my $0.02. If you've got a review topic for this, I would like to see it, just to see what you considered and thought about.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5385 (isolation #326) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:53 am

By the way Raven, just so you know-- I scumread you but I never doubted that your emotion was real. I do know you well enough to know that you wouldn't fake that, and it was pretty awful of Pooky to push your buttons like that. <3
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5393 (isolation #327) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:11 am

Wait hold on, I thought DonCorleone was gobbledygook

Did I miss something?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5406 (isolation #328) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:24 am

Oh yeah that's right, I saw that and then forgot about it lol

Why did gobbles admit to being DC then :thonk:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5440 (isolation #329) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:17 am

In post 5438, DkKoba wrote:also did anyone catch my very obvious setup crumb on d1?
I saw it and pointed it out when I claimed, lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5535 (isolation #330) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:00 pm

In post 5533, the worst wrote:trellos
NERD

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”