Micro 971 Matrix Decipher Game OVer

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:16 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I actually only joined this game to play with Danica. She joined this site enthusiastic for her first game then was forced to leave due to a mod error. You'll probably notice she hasn't signed up for any other games. My bet is she's rallying an mob over on mafia universe to take over the site and have Bugspray publicly executed. You'd better watch out Bugspray, you'll rue the day you dared kill our good friend Danica.

I wrote a short funeral march for her memory. Ignore the title, I had to claim it was by a more popular composer for legal reasons : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z8y1K0DLdo

I noticed Hectic also expressed his disappointment in Danica's unjust force replace. I for one, am fully swayed by this clear attempt to buddy me. Basically locktown tb. Shame he's probably going to get modkilled for the animated gif.

VOTE: Tayl0r Swift
Has not posted any animated gifs yet so we may be able to exile her before the modkill.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 11, Hectic wrote:Hmm, I just realised Flopz has followed us into another game, Hop. If people aren't aware, Flopz won the "Most Toxic Player of the Year" award for 5 consecutive years on our homesite. He's probably the GOAT in that department.

I'd tread carefully around him. Don't make eye contact under any circumstances and it's probably best if you use me as a proxy if you want to communicate with him. I know how to handle him and we could save some lives here if we're all cautious.
Wow thanks for the warning, I hate toxic players. I feel Flopz might have his work cut out with him on this site with [redacted] and [redacted]. Shouldn't we just policy lynch him before he makes the game too toxic to play? That way eventually he might learn.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:12 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 10, Hectic wrote:My GiF isn't animated, it's a collection of still images I've formatted into a slideshow.

I think we all joined this game for Danica, so I feel like we've lost all purpose. What do we even do now? Talk about what could've been?
I'm fairly sure it's allowed if you just post all of the frames as separate posts. That way you get the highest postcount too, and I locktown whoever has the highest postcount in any game out of respect for their typing ability.
In post 12, lendunistus wrote:hi, nice to play with you all

first micro on-site
Hello friend, you seem like a pretty nice guy. I really appreciate the 'hi' and it makes me feel really happy that you think it's 'nice' to play with us all. Makes me feel really good about myself. Sadly, this is a classic scumtell so we do have to policy lynch you. You might want to try a greeting that doesn't start with a 'h' next time.

VOTE: Lendunistus
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:14 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Hectic is the craft kind of guy who can look at your discord and tell what game you're playing. If he makes an onslaught of posts attacking me then points to me not responding as proof that I'm clearly evil then he's probably doing it because he can see me playing something and knows I'm not there to defend myself. Wow Hectic, pretty sus.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:16 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I'm not too proud to say I've launched over thirty people who were, in retrospect, obviously town after Hectic went on his fabled 'sixteen post scumcase' on them for similar reasons.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 17, Hectic wrote:Hey, lendunistus! Since you're new, I thought I'd link you to a nifty guide to scumhunting. It's my bread and butter really.

SCUM Hunting

You need to be as effective as you possibly can be since
the game gives you a very low amount of ammo
and you need to be able to conserve it so that you are able to fend off human players.

This is done by ensuring that you are as close to the animal as you can be before you fire off your first shot.
This will give you the absolute maximum chance of success
and will save your ammo at the same time.

Track Animals

It is important that you know how integral tracking is to SCUM. Tracking can be used to both save your life as well as chase and hunt down animals.
Learn to notice the footprints that different animals leave.

Eventually, you will have an awareness skill good enough to easily spot them from a far and then chase down the animal.

Remember that animals also make a lot of noise when they are moving so keep your headphones on when playing the game and listen intently to the sounds that your prey makes.

Lastly, you can try to follow a blood trail that certain animals will leave behind. The good thing about blood trails is that they are easy to track and have a very high rate of success in finding an animal if the player is skilled enough.

Before we move on,
remember that you can go into your ‘Focus Mode’ to have increased fidelity of sound and video in the game
. This will allow you to listen for animals much more easily.

How to Hunt Animals

Although you may be able to kill some enemies using just a knife, it is best to find a rifle for long range and a shotgun for close range. Sneak up to the enemy and make sure that you do not make a lot of noise.

Animals usually have a threshold after which they are able to pick up sounds made by you. They also have a line of sight which is very easy to avoid.

Once you have managed to ensure that the animal is dead, go to the body and get the meat along with the skin. The skin of many large animals can be used to make yourself a jacket.
Really not a fan of this post.

They also offer plenty of options to buy extra ammo for low prices so you can't really say they don't give you the opportunity to acquire enough ammo. You can even get cool custom coloured bullets if you're willing to go the extra mile.

There's actually a glitch where the shotgun's range loops back around when you're at the other side of the map, so the current meta strategy is to rush the corners at the start. Pretty surprised you don't do this tbh.

The footprints are really intuitive and learning them off by heart is a waste of time. It's not hard to examine your foot collection if you aren't one hundred percent sure, and that saves you the effort of memorizing them. Plus, only like one of the twenties deadly animals in the game even
has
feet. You've gotten to the underwater level right?

I've played the game for over 6000 hours now and I still suck so this isn't true. It's basically all just luck/RNG.

This is actually a good tip, but it's important to mention that you should NOT attempt to follow every blood trail you see. If you work out a blood trail occurred because you cut yourself to produce a blood trail then the game notices and just leads you following yourself around in circles to counter the clearly OP strats.

Personally I prefered the old system where after killing a certain amount of your targets the game would give you audio for several minutes as a reward. Having some sounds available at the start really feels like cheating if you've played the old ones, but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. I remember having two or three dozen heated eight hour screaming matches with you on message boards about that. Good times.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:45 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I didn't actually check what the 'mod colour' was before I made that post so I sure hope I don't get modkilled. Hopefully bugspray decides the shame of both a force replace and a modkill in the first few hours would be too much.

Sorry, I actually lied there. I know the mod colour is olive. I can't really bear the guilty of having to lie to people. I never lie because it makes me feel like a bad person. What kind of monster would lie to someone else for an extended period of like a month. Except when Flopz kept telling me my entire family
did
survive the operation then chuckling to himself whenever I asked to see them. He just kept putting buckets full of their organs on top of my door so they'd fall out when I opened it, then insisted I'd find out if any of them survived when he stops putting some buckets there. I'm still not sure how many family members I have (had?), but it's getting pretty annoying and I'd kind of like him to stop at some point.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 18, Hectic wrote:Oh wait, this is a scumhunting guide for the game SCUM. Hopkirk was playing the game on discord and I got bamboozled.

I find it really suspicious he's playing a silly video game rather than scumhunting in the real world with us, but I'll give him a pass because he posted something I liked from a few pages back. I can't remember what it was but I recall really liking it at the time.

VOTE: lendunistus for obvious reasons.
A lot of the time people who claim they're doing things for 'obvious reasons' are just lying and pretending there are reasons when they have no reason to reason there's not reasons. Can you tell me what you think the obvious reasons are (except the super obvious 80% one) and explain your reasoning a bit.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I'd like to point out that I would have the highest player count if Bug hadn't locked the thread in order to boost their own post count. That was pretty unfair on us budding hyperposters, but I respect the courage it takes to pull something like that off when we're all clearly going to judge him so hard for it.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Woah, I'm really sorry. I thought you were just posting one the guides, didn't realize you wrote it. There's lots of really good tips in there too and the grammar is top notch. I expect you to reach your dream of professional game reviewer for the 'scum' video game any day now.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:08 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I was already planning to make 90% of the posts on page twenty because it's one of my favorite numbers so that's fine.

How was the thing today? I was going to ask you over somewhere else, but I feel if we establish ourselves as real people with legitimate motivations and personalities (and families that care about us) it's much harder for people to launch us.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I'd feel more comfortable if you used latin abbreviations btw. I know TvT means Town vs Town, but Oppidum vs Oppidum sounds like something a serious scumhunter (like Mastina, Jcras, or Isis) would do.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:18 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I think you're misunderstanding things. There's a rule saying we can't talk about IN game things OUTSIDE the game, but there isn't a rule saying we can't talk about OUT of game things INSIDE the game. I had a pretty good day. Woke up fairly late, did some testing for the bot, then carried on with Strahd. How about you?

Also you probably shouldn't rub the whole 'parents' thing in Flopz face like that after that prank we did went wrong.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 31, Hectic wrote:It went pretty well though. Little rowdy but the company seems nice enough.

You know me, I'm pretty bad at spumaehunting, so I'm gonna be trying a oppidumhunting approach this game.
That's good. You should keep track of how much vodka people offer you.

My strategy is to wait until someone calls me scum then head to the speakeasy and quote all of their posts from a thread like 'Relationships' or something out of context in a ways that make them look bad.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I remember you mentioned 'Donkey Kong: return of the Kong' once when we were at that noodle place and they asked us to leave so I probably wouldn't risk it.

There was an issue with a spelling mistake meaning the deputy didn't shown the cards. It's going to be an easy fix though, and the stuff we tested seems to be working okay. Think we still need to confirm flips give the right powers.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:27 am

Post by Hopkirk »

The bot will definitely work eventually though and it looks like it'll be pretty good. Case sensitive usernames are definitely going to confuse a lot of people though. I made that mistake a few times.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Thanks for the tips, there was a lot of juicy content in Pooky's post history. Did you knew Mini 64 was only 7 pages long? viewtopic.php?f=53&t=228
Pooky's only post in that game was to confirm actually (looks like kind of a false confirmation with that in mind tbh), but it was a pretty well formatted post.

It's also pretty funny seeing theme games from 16 years ago for major franchises that still exist. Just think, South Park was just a series of silent movies and dirty magazines back then, but they still made a setup based on it. Fun fact,
Pooky was literally Osama Bin Laden
(alive at the time woah) in that game, so I've got all the ammo I need to attack him based on his past history. He also only made one post in this game
too
. Hm, getting to be a theme here Pooky... viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1349

Then you can see from this post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1969 where Pooky basically copied out the entire sitechat, that the speakeasy probably didn't exist back then. This is pretty useful information for an anthropological understanding of mafiascum.

Overall this was a pretty valuable meta dive. Pooky only made one post in each of the two games I looked at, so let's hope the one he makes in this game is a good one.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (isolation #17) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 38, Hectic wrote:Nice, games will have to be a little more standardised but should work great for the stuff we normally do anyway. I can manually mod some
interesting
stuff when people get a little more accustomed.

Anyways, we're getting vastly off topic and people might rage at us for talking about stuff they can't sort us with. Let's get this back on track:
  • What is your deepest darkest fear, and why is it Tayl0r Swift?
The bot is only for Secret GF at the moment, so sadly won't be able to get interesting for a while.

I'm really afraid she's going to make me date her then break up with me and write a bunch of really mean songs about me. There's a reason I didn't RVS her.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (isolation #18) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:00 am

Post by Hopkirk »

That's fair. How come you didn't weigh in on our lendunistus discussion? Or take the opportunity to denounce Flopz?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 45, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 43, Hopkirk wrote:That's fair. How come you didn't weigh in on our lendunistus discussion? Or take the opportunity to denounce Flopz?
i dont know flopz, and i have a very high bar for denunciations. for me to denounce someone, they almost always have to be either french or a germaphobe. is flopz either of those?
That [redacted] actually
pretends
to be French sometimes.
In post 46, Tayl0r Swift wrote:

first micro on-site
this is an incredibly suspicious post. as has already been pointed out, the second statement is a clear lie, but the post overall contains only surface-level analysis and no genuine scumhunting. lendunistus is clearly trying to blend in by appearing friendly and non-confrontational while secretly deceiving us and nudging us in the direction of self-destruction.

VOTE: lendunistus
The first point is pretty clearly a lie too. Anyone saying it'd be 'nice' to be playing with Flopz 'I dare you to call the cops' Flopz.

Don't think anyone actually pointed this out explicitly, but the whole thing where they commented on only themselves (when they mentioned it being their 'first' micro) is pretty indicative of a guilty conscience. It's like they felt the need to defend themselves in their first post.

The use of no capital letters in the post to avoid the scrutiny that comes with capitalization and exclamation marks is suspicious too!

My only doubt on the read is that they used the more formal 'you all' instead of 'y'all', although it's possible they saw Pooky's 2003 join date and didn't want to offend him.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (isolation #20) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:24 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH YOUR POINT ON CAPITALIZING WORDS NOW> I'M CAPITALIZING THIS POST TO GET ALL OF THE LETTERS OUT OF MY SYSTEM< I MIGHT WORK ON COMMAS NEXT>

beer me bro?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (isolation #21) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:30 am

Post by Hopkirk »

cant modkill us all bug
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (isolation #22) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 52, HoldenGolden wrote:FuCk YoUr GrAmMaR rUlEs

I am not bullshitly majoring in English to discuss the fine points of this language online, especially on a platform where I have the capacity to murder someone because they accidently knocked over my glass of milk. It's bad enough also having to learn Ciceroian latin which has been hamfisted to follow English conventions when, in fact, no body gives a fuck since reading how some dead guy praised another dead guy is not exciting nor illuminating.

In Summarily, this discussion has ruined my urge to do my normal bullshit entrance and delete the MS Paint comic of me killing Diana whatsherface (Yeah that's right, I fucking killed her only to save her from the travesty which is this linguistic discussion). I vote that we forgo this boring case and focus on something much more important which is killing those bickering about the newbie esk introduce tell. If I had a nickel for every time some game has opened up with this classic bullshit, I would have enough to buy a subway five dollar "sandwhich" which according to the FDA is too sugary to actually be consider a god damn sandwhich.

Taylor seems to making more nuaced points, and hopkik is throwing fuel onto the fire, so I shall kill both via activating my dual voting powers

VOTE: Taylor Swift
VOTE: Hopkirk

Besides springing the newbie entrance tell this early is useless and I do not know why people dont is to wait it out and see if the person in question makes more problemed posts.

I also just had my character that I spent 20~ making in DnD die session 1 because of a fellow party member's wild magic bullshit and I have a test tomorrow.

AND HI HECTIC
wtf mate its common curtesy to get a degree in english and engineering before you post on mafiascum
why are you even mentioning the newbie entrance tell when they clearly wouldnt know what u meant
what level character
your rage feels pretty fake to me right now since nobody really gets that upset about that sandwich thing and the rage levels are inconsistent in a tonally off way so you might want to try a bit harder if you want to convince me your rage is genuine can i recommend a toxic 1v1 with flopz reduce em to sobs flopz
In post 53, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 51, Hopkirk wrote:Image

cant modkill us all bug
THATS WHY I AM HERE

*Screams*
do you want to join a special faction where we win if the mod modkills every player for stuff that would look unreasonable to an outside player but actually are really really reasonable if you have had to put up with it for a while game
In post 57, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 40, Hopkirk wrote:Thanks for the tips, there was a lot of juicy content in Pooky's post history. Did you knew Mini 64 was only 7 pages long? viewtopic.php?f=53&t=228
Pooky's only post in that game was to confirm actually (looks like kind of a false confirmation with that in mind tbh), but it was a pretty well formatted post.

It's also pretty funny seeing theme games from 16 years ago for major franchises that still exist. Just think, South Park was just a series of silent movies and dirty magazines back then, but they still made a setup based on it. Fun fact,
Pooky was literally Osama Bin Laden
(alive at the time woah) in that game, so I've got all the ammo I need to attack him based on his past history. He also only made one post in this game
too
. Hm, getting to be a theme here Pooky... viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1349

Then you can see from this post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1969 where Pooky basically copied out the entire sitechat, that the speakeasy probably didn't exist back then. This is pretty useful information for an anthropological understanding of mafiascum.

Overall this was a pretty valuable meta dive. Pooky only made one post in each of the two games I looked at, so let's hope the one he makes in this game is a good one.
Why would you announce this before Pooky has posted btw?
I need him to no we auto lunch him unless his opening is amazing.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (isolation #23) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:57 am

Post by Hopkirk »

It's not one of those math deniers, like I do belive in math and all that, I just don't trust it. Not happy leaving the game up to integral unless someone explains set theory to me in detail first.
In post 61, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 59, HoldenGolden wrote:Disregard that actually, I reread that a bit more and realized the part I thought was you making an AI point about Pooky's meta was just bullshit.
i dont like holden trying to discredit hopkirk's case against pooky. it reeks of white knighting. FoS Holden. not a good entrance from you.
Thanks for the backup, feel free to pocket me later.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (isolation #24) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:04 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I don't think I'd be happy unless they found three scum to be honest, and I could easily see the mod error being Bug seeing they'd actually put an extra scum in then realizing you, me, and Pooky were town and deciding the setup was still balanced this way.

I'm going to go to sleep soon. If Hectic posts in the next six or seven hours (starting one hour from now) could you tell him he needs to improve his sleep schedule?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (isolation #25) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 70, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 64, Hopkirk wrote:wtf mate its common curtesy to get a degree in english and engineering before you post on mafiascum
why are you even mentioning the newbie entrance tell when they clearly wouldnt know what u meant
what level character
your rage feels pretty fake to me right now since nobody really gets that upset about that sandwich thing and the rage levels are inconsistent in a tonally off way so you might want to try a bit harder if you want to convince me your rage is genuine can i recommend a toxic 1v1 with flopz reduce em to sobs flopz
I am close enough, got chemistry as a dual major.
I feel like if you read someone's analysis and somebody refers to that analysis under a title, like newbie entrance tell, you can connect the two concepts. I feel they have intelligence unlike me. There is more to it as well, but I will kept it to myself for the time.
8th. Campaign was gonna be/is a high level prison break. All of us started at half health thanks to rough treatment by the guards, and ofc soc. rolled a 1 on the magic table, resulting in 10 rounds of wild magic. Grease followed by fireball was not pretty.

Why would I rage at flopz yet? You seem to have a history, so just for that comment, flopz will be going into my ToF (Toe of friendship) list until the end of D1. I am putting blind, unadulterated faith in flopz's innocence and revovking your inconsidernt bullying. How do you know that after mention bullying is not what promotes flopz's terrible behavior? You may think you are a good guy, and perhaps your role pm even reflects that, but you got a serious anime character building arch ahead of you.

How does that make you feel Hopkrik?
I'm fine with that because I'm not a
pure unadulterated monster
like some people. You obviously haven't met Flopz so you're underestimating his toxicity , I'm sure you'll learn soon enough.

Funny story, Flopz and his team mafia team spent over an hour in a discord call carefully putting together a really fake AOE that they thought would get him townread. He went from a small wagon to a universal townread. He was also new to the site and could reveal as an IC. If he'd only managed to launch out one scum then it'd have been a perfect game won from that team's horrific deception.

He was also responsible for giving a friend of mine an explosive device around my other friend's adopted daughter when he clearly new the impulsive first friend would clearly 100% trigger the explosive device, but that's another story.

This is why nobody likes wild magic sorcs, but it was your own fault for being within 20ft of them at that point tbh. Not sure I buy the story since it's what, a 1/1000 that happens? 1000 is a pretty big number. I'm no rocket engineer, but I know numbers pretty well, and that's a damn fine number.

Really hoping your dnd character doesn't end up in the wall of the faithless
praise Kelemvor

What I was saying about the NET is that they wouldn't have read about that in an old discussion thread unless you named it, but now they know it's a thing. Do scum have daychat, and is this a townslip from me given I don't delete words and realized after the last comma that it could be a townslip?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (isolation #26) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 73, Hectic wrote:I like HoldenGolden for town. There's a gorgeous feel good concoction brewing over there - a healthy mix of a strong, confident tone and a mathematical equation that I believe scum would be less comfortable implementing than town. The combination of both gives a loose cannon feel which I feel is significantly less likely coming from scum - as scum, you are forced to contend with your partners whispering in your ear and also silently sort of judging you whenever you are doing something crazy as HoldenGolden is doing now whereas as town the people who launch you are technically wrong, so it often feels less risky to go off the ranch in significant a way as HoldenGolden has.
I prefer to think of him as an honest cop with nothing to lose than a loose cannon.
Serious read?
In post 74, Hectic wrote:
In post 68, Hopkirk wrote:I don't think I'd be happy unless they found three scum to be honest, and I could easily see the mod error being Bug seeing they'd actually put an extra scum in then realizing you, me, and Pooky were town and deciding the setup was still balanced this way.

I'm going to go to sleep soon. If Hectic posts in the next six or seven hours (starting one hour from now) could you tell him he needs to improve his sleep schedule?
Don't worry, I've already slept and just awoke now. I know my schedule's a little unconventional, but I've found it's really efficient and useful if you can just get a 8 hour sleep out of the way between 8pm and 11pm.
The person you point to to say your sleep schedule isn't that bad has fixed theirs so get some sleep Hectic.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 78, Hectic wrote:(not a serious read)

My shitposting clearly transcends the realms of you mere mortals, into one where you can no longer determine what a meme is, and what a serious post is.

I
think
I like that reaction from Holden.
Given the reasoning was memeing, why did you like Holden here? Not interested in post page 4 stuff.
In post 94, Bell wrote:I live in the unknown universe. I'm the first poster who posted from there.
This is ew.
In post 116, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 110, Hectic wrote:I suspect this will help, Holden: viewtopic.php?p=11518991#p11518991
Spoiler:

well I feel stupid.

UNVOTE:

PEdit: Yeah fair now that I saw the nacho post. Wish I knew a joke going into it, but I digress.

I felt smart for once again :cry:
Why'd you back off here?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:41 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 128, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 80, Flopz wrote:
In post 48, Tayl0r Swift wrote: ok ill denounce flopz, thats pretty inexcusable.
Wow, just wow. How
Mean
could you be? I am
Haunted
by the fact that you'd denounce me over a
Hoax
without any evidence apart from mere heresay. Never in my
Wildest Dreams
would I ever debase myself to the point of acting French. I do have standards and
I Wish You Would
have asked me first before straight up believing Hopkirk. Please
Tell Me Why
you would do such a thing so easily. I don't feel I'll ever be able to
Shake It Off
, this is a slight that can never be forgiven for as long as I live. I hope you're happy with yourself as you've made an enemy for life, there's some serious
Bad Blood
between us now. You won't be able to beg for
Peace
, I'm done with you
Forever & Always

Spoiler:
hopkirk, you wouldnt lie would you?
No, I'd lose my magical abilities.

I know we're all getting annoyed that Flopz hasn't posted yet, but there's no point quoting stuff from previous games, or making up quotes and attributing them to Flopz or whatever you're doing instead. I'm leaning towards you having written in rather than found it somewhere due to all those Taylor Swift references in it.
In post 139, lendunistus wrote:
In post 14, Hopkirk wrote:[quote="In [url=viewtopic.php?p=12191014

first micro on-site
Hello friend, you seem like a pretty nice guy. I really appreciate the 'hi' and it makes me feel really happy that you think it's 'nice' to play with us all. Makes me feel really good about myself. Sadly, this is a classic scumtell so we do have to policy lynch you. You might want to try a greeting that doesn't start with a 'h' next time.

VOTE: Lendunistus
H
opkirk

You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders!

VOTE: Hopkirk
ew
In post 145, Isis wrote:
In post 90, Flopz wrote:
In post 86, HoldenGolden wrote:
Spoiler: Dnd talk
I was actually a knowledge cleric, hence why I chose Jergal over big sugardaddy deathlord himself.

As you know, Jergal cares about the documentation of death and nothing else. My character took this to an extreme (or would have). In his mind, he had seen a vision of various end times and begun "doomsay" prepping as it were by seeking out artifacts and studying them to gain more clarity of what was to come. This was all to create a true list of deaths during humanities demise to Jergal as a proper worshipper, since the cleric himself would naturally be dying as well. This also led me to taking feats like Linguistic just so by character could translate any written text and encrypt his own notes.

I also picked knowledge due to the party comp. lacking a non-blasting caster and needing someone to make food and water because of prison conditions (and because come on, free casting of suggestion, spells like command, confsion, and legend lore, with a bit of mind reading and [Moody Blues] action? Sign me up.).
It seems you understand the greatness of the amazing Kelemvor :D

I apologise for being so hasty with my actions

UNVOTE: HoldenGolden

VOTE: PookieTheMagicalBear

Spoiler:
Voting an inactive here is kind of "random" but kind of subtly cuts down on Flopz's surface area. I feel like Flopz wants to pretend to join everyone on stage doing the handstands (which is a metaphor I'd characterize this game's dayplay with) because he knows he would as town but subtly it'd be easier for him not to be there.
In post 118, Flopz wrote:Woah, Holden you've gone and done the unthinkable, trying to sort Hectic on page 5 :o

I was going to wait at least another 245 pages for him to get out of RVS so I would be able to better scrutinise his posts :nerd:
This joke creates an outlook of a game that doesn't actually get solved by town and is lost.

It's not a scummy joke in itself but as town there might be more likely for a different joke to be here.

I try to make these kinds of reads sometimes.

I just do want I can, and occasionally what I can't.
If Flopz had posted this game, then I'd probably say he reads with a different tone to his recent scum game, especially in relation to the memeing.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:43 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I've just realized there's enough joking around going on that I can just claim my role and people will thing it's a joke.

I'm the
Town Encryptor
so if I die then the town no longer get daytalk. Obviously, this makes it a lot easier to catch mafia since they're the only ones who can post in the thread, but if any of us forget this and the mafia start attacking people for not posting then they might be charismatic enough to sway us around to the mislunch.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:51 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 151, Hectic wrote:Here my VIBE reads. Do you vibe with these, Flopz? (They're ordered)

HoldenGolden
- His attack on me I liked lots
Isis
- Sorting through the
garbage
gold feels genuine
Tayl0r Swift
- and might be slightly more likely to come from town? I've felt that existential "we're just reading our words about words to find out who scum is" only as town, and never as scum
Bell
- Tried to take the game out of RVS several times. Not hard to do, but slightly town-indicative.
Flopz
- Don't know yet, but he's felt a little more natural fitting with the memes here than his previous scumgame.
Hopkirk
- Tone is good, but I've never played with scum!Hop on a forum setting before, so no idea if his tone or the quality of his memes takes a hit. Pretty nullish.
lendunistus
- Returned to thread to join in with the memes for a bit. Fair enough. Null.
Uh, is this the mindset you approach games with? This isn't the kind of list I'd expect from you, but maybe I'm just jaded. I'd like to talk about this post.
In post 173, Bell wrote:I'm death tunneling this banter. :]

To be clear how many of you guys know each other from offsite? I'm trying to figure out how much meta shenanigans is going on here.
I know Hectic and Flopz from real life. I've played A LOT of mafia and mafia related games with Hectic irl (easily several hundred hours). We also had a dnd campaign going for a while but some 'scheduling issues' got in the way of that. We were part of the same team, team 'team' team, in team mafia and the only person on our team not part of this three person group was modkilled because scum pushed for them to get modkilled for reasons they knew were bullshit.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:54 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 200, Bell wrote:
In post 198, Hectic wrote:I can confirm that Isis detests town. She usually lurks around on the rep queue taking any slots that look like obvscum. It's why she took Mene's slot in FOrest Fire. She miscalculated there though.
See, I remember and know you remember she said the opposite of this and are being sarcastic.
BUT I DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S AI OR NAI. :(
Having fun blending in and doing literally nothing?
In post 204, Bell wrote:VOTE: Isis
Ewwwww
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (isolation #32) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I'm getting weird vibes from Bell like they don't know how to interact with things in this game but are putting the least possible effort possible into resolving that situation.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 237, Hectic wrote:
In post 234, Hopkirk wrote:Given the reasoning was memeing, why did you like Holden here? Not interested in post page 4 stuff.
I like the reasoning for his push on me, especially the way he pursued it and fully articulated it in . I think it's very valid if I hadn't just copied the post.
Let me rephrase my question. Why did you like him
as of 73/78
when you said it was a serious read. I'm not accepting 'I can see the future are liked him in 108' as an explanation for this.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:02 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 240, Hectic wrote:
In post 238, Hopkirk wrote:Uh, is this the mindset you approach games with? This isn't the kind of list I'd expect from you, but maybe I'm just jaded. I'd like to talk about this post.
Yeah, I occasionally just throw out my early thoughts/leans like this shortly past RVS. It's not unusual for me.
I'm talking more about the reasons for the leans.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:12 am

Post by Hopkirk »

How do I upload a photo I've taken?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (isolation #36) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Putting the imgur link in img /img tags just comes up with the word 'Image' in post preview
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:15 am

Post by Hopkirk »

nevermind, using the HTML code link it provides works fine
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (isolation #38) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:15 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I know Hectic puts a lot of faith in his dice rolling to determine alignments, so I decided to give it a try myself. My method might be a little more confusing on the surface, but let me know if you have any questions because it does make a lot of sense in the end.

That also gives me town Isis, so combined with Hectic's roll I think we can be fairly sure Isis is town.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:19 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 151, Hectic wrote:Here my VIBE reads. Do you vibe with these, Flopz? (They're ordered)

HoldenGolden
- His attack on me I liked lots
Isis
- Sorting through the
garbage
gold feels genuine
Tayl0r Swift
- and might be slightly more likely to come from town? I've felt that existential "we're just reading our words about words to find out who scum is" only as town, and never as scum
Bell
- Tried to take the game out of RVS several times. Not hard to do, but slightly town-indicative.
Flopz
- Don't know yet, but he's felt a little more natural fitting with the memes here than his previous scumgame.
Hopkirk
- Tone is good, but I've never played with scum!Hop on a forum setting before, so no idea if his tone or the quality of his memes takes a hit. Pretty nullish.
lendunistus
- Returned to thread to join in with the memes for a bit. Fair enough. Null.
It feels like you like everyone who's posted for stuff that doesn't feel AI. Although I do agree with half of the reasoning to be fair.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (isolation #40) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:19 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 257, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:hmm i missed the start of this

apologies for my absence
Wow it's going to be hard to completely sort Pooky from this. Sadly this is probably the only Pooky post we're seeing this game so we'll have to POE it.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (isolation #41) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:21 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I think we probably auto win this if you can give me one hard townread over than Isis @Hectic.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (isolation #42) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:22 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Lend reads as either an alt or tutored. I'm not happy with the slot at all yet.

Do I vote Bell or Taylor here? Let's go with Taylor.

VOTE: Bell
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (isolation #43) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:22 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 260, Hopkirk wrote:I think we probably auto win this if you can give me one hard townread over than Isis @Hectic.
Serious post, no matter what your alignment is btw.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (isolation #44) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:23 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I like Isis and maybe Flopz ftr
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (isolation #45) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Good catch, I meant 'other' than Isis.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (isolation #46) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:32 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I missed the nat 20 on the clear blue one, good point, I see Lend has played before. They need to post more so they can tell us this kind of stuff.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (isolation #47) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I haven't played with Taylor before so I don't know how this compares to her normal play, but I'm not vibing with the tone of her joking
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (isolation #48) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:40 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Hey Hectic, I was wondering if you had the same thoughts as I did for thinking Flopz had a different tone to last game. Kind of surprised nobody's asked us about this, but they probably have more important things going on
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (isolation #49) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Starting to think Hectic has gone offline and left me all alone :(
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (isolation #50) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Hopkirk »

This feels just like the time Flopz cut up all my pets.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (isolation #51) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Nice, any idea why Flopz and Pooky aren't around? I know Pooky had that dentist appointment for the last two days, but I thought Flopz was enthusiastic to play more mafiascum with you.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (isolation #52) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 282, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I've been consoling Danica and making sure she recovers from this traumatic experience.
WOAH a second post from Pooky in the same game. Are you feeling ok?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (isolation #53) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Also I already don't like Pooky here.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (isolation #54) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 289, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'm tempted to start re-reading but I can't pull myself away from the trainwreck of an entry I'm having
JUST WHAT SCUM WOULD SAY

/s
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (isolation #55) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:20 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 302, Bell wrote:
In post 274, Flopz wrote:There's a lot of claiming going on here, I'm spooped. Can everyone just tell me their alignment so I don't have to think so hard :nerd:

Spoiler:
Town.

@Hopkirk is there some reason you fosed a Lend then voted me instead?
Also, it seems you built yourself up to a justification for a vote rather than just voting.
What's the alternative, voting you before I've finished catching up and deciding on a vote?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (isolation #56) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Lend doesn't have enough posts to focus on, did I even mention him more than once there?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (isolation #57) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 306, Bell wrote:Hopkirk is accurate, except I'm a little sad that he thinks I was being subtle by trying to get a feel for the game when *checks watch*
I just got here. If you would like to explain what is scummy about that or what about my Isis vote you didn't like we could discuss why you're wrong if you'd like. It sounds like you either ignored my reasoning or didn't care for it.
I ignored your reasoning because Isis seemed town and I didn't like you not liking my townread.
Being in the middle of a reads list is more likely to be scum than at the bottom.
In post 315, Bell wrote:The alternative is to vote when you feel like it.

What about my second question?

@Hopkirk, I don't think so. Not having a grip and using that for pressure is what you were doing?
Rephrase this please.
In post 321, Isis wrote:
In post 250, Hectic wrote:I don't think i've ever seen Isis openwolf like this before. Do you remember scumclaiming before, Isis? and as what alignment?
I've only ever scumclaimed as town. I've never done it as scum. Not to stick to a meta, but because the opportunity hasn't yet presented itself even though I would immediately take it if I felt it was the best way to get townread, which renders this pattern an imperfect tool for reading me unless you know whether I've perceived this game as that kind of opening.

I'm trying to adopt the Elements formula for getting modkilled.
I'm confused about how the enabling and backing up works, but I think a lot of us have to do die to actually get daytalk shut off, so I'm doing my part.
In post 322, Bell wrote:*ahem*
So anyway, Hopkirk.
When you have a bunch of friends bantering at each other it can make feel like you're on the outside looking in. Which might be effecting players outside the friendblock. I like the positive vibes coming from the friend block, but on the otherhand it can make it difficult for other players to be friends with you. Kind of like in class where there's a limited number of people who are friends and the entire class aren't friends with each other. Not that I'm trying to break up the friend block, you seem to be poking at each other to an extent I'm comfortable leaving it as it is and waiting for you guys to come over and say hello.
Flopz still hasn't posted this game so it was literally just me and Hectic that
irl
knew each other joking around.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (isolation #58) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Taylor how do you feel about almost being scum by POE
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (isolation #59) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:44 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Where
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (isolation #60) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:44 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 347, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 270, Hopkirk wrote:I haven't played with Taylor before so I don't know how this compares to her normal play, but I'm not vibing with the tone of her joking
hopkirk is just jealous that im clearly prettier than he is
wow
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (isolation #61) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:45 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I can't even put in words how hurt I am
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (isolation #62) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Hopkirk »

That's just unnecessarily mean. I'd expect this from Flopz but not from you. I'm so upset I found out you can't put more than thirty smilies on a mafiascum post.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (isolation #63) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I prefer Billie Eilish to you anyway Taylor :(
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (isolation #64) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 354, Bell wrote:Flopz hasn't posted yet?
Word.
He might not have seen his role pm, same issue as Pooky I guess?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (isolation #65) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Or he realized Taylor the MEANIE was here and realized that he couldn't possibly match that level of MEANNESS.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (isolation #66) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I initially didn't like Leam then decided they were just completely null and I was wasting my time.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (isolation #67) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Taylor needs to be modkilled, mostly for the meanness.

Hectic, tell her I'm cute :(
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (isolation #68) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (isolation #69) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:03 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Bell - face with a name, 1v1 me, let's go.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (isolation #70) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I told you we should have been trying to pocket Pooky with the sonic fanfix instead Hectic.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (isolation #71) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:10 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (isolation #72) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:13 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Don't worry Pooky, I'll keep the nasty people from being mean to you too.

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (isolation #73) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Good luck with your exams :)

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (isolation #74) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Why would you do that to me good friend Pooky you monster. Pooky, don't worry, everything's going to be ok.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (isolation #75) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I'm getting worried about this.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (isolation #76) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Hopkirk »

So in this (actually) recent game, Pooky made 960 posts: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=83833&activity_overview=1
He's made 30 in this game so far, so if we assume everyone makes 32 times as many posts as well then we should be pushing for 550 pages here. Wow, that'll make Flopz hate himself when he finally gets to the thread and sees how much he's got to read.
Personally I look forward to have made the 2400 posts you'd expect me to make by that estimate.

Ooh a wagon on someone I'm not liking VOTE: Tayl0r swift
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (isolation #77) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Woah, Hectic is going to post over 240 hedgehog pictures this game. He's going to pocket us so hard he wouldn't even need trousers.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (isolation #78) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:37 am

Post by Hopkirk »

We're going to
become
his pockets.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (isolation #79) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Quick Hectic, is it an oppidum v oppidum?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (isolation #80) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

I don't think I'm allowed to message Flopz 'the toxic lollypop' Flopz to tell him to start posting, and I'd feel guilty about the toxicity that it'd unleash if he found the thread.

I do have an idea though. I'd like to invite
everyone
in this game to join a hydra after this game, then after that game finishes we hydra with everyone in that game too then we keep going until we break the post records.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (isolation #81) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:46 am

Post by Hopkirk »

It's pretty weird nobody's started using personal attacks or self hammered yet. Is this the difference a good playerlist makes?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (isolation #82) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:48 am

Post by Hopkirk »

How do you feel about Tayl0r's play hectic? She feels unconcerned with advancing the game, how does it compare to normal and can you briefly describe the normal.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (isolation #83) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:57 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Where's your POE at?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (isolation #84) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:10 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I'm looking at basically the same four right now, just swap out bug for t r I n I t y. I feel like bug's mistakes at the start would be hard to fake as scum, and trinity's vote count felt like IIOA.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (isolation #85) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:19 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I'm not really seeing Holden town from his attack on you though. I can see the scum motivation behind him attacking something that's surface level bad then dropping it off when you corrected things. It's something for scum Holden to do without having to commit to anything. It's the kind of thing I used to like pushing as scum as you can legitimately push logical gaps. Can you go over your town read there again?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (isolation #86) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:20 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Which bit of that is the townslip?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (isolation #87) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:23 am

Post by Hopkirk »

When I said I'm in the same place with reads I mean I want more from you and Holden too, I just have townleans on Isis, Pooky, and Flopz (Flopz read obviously POE since he hasn't said anything to deserve a townread yet).
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (isolation #88) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:31 am

Post by Hopkirk »

So I was just reading some wiki pages and I realized you have at the very least (likely far more than) thirty-three accounts on mafiascum Hectic. You're 0.1-0.2% of the entire site's playerbase.
We were concerned when we thought it was only 7k posts in the last few months, do we need to hold another intervention?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (isolation #89) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:13 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 517, Hectic wrote:The townslip is the unawareness of daytalk. danica's been kinda annoyed at me for townreading it though, she tells me I should be less trusting of townslips in general so we're still trying to work this aspect out. And true, it's not exactly a hard push to make because the logical errors in my "townread" in that post are clear and objectively easy to push. I like how he switched from RVS memes to come out swinging though, he didn't give me the benefit of the doubt when I made and stated it wasn't serious, which I feel like scum are more likely to do?

I don't know what you're talking about regarding all of these alts. I'm not a Hectic alt.
Wasn't he saying about daytalk as a joke since I'd already mentioned it? Did he say something about it before I made a joke saying I was townslipping for not knowing- that's the only comment I remember his making about it.

I can see solid scum motivation to make the early push to establish themselves as someone doing stuff when everyone else is fluffposting.

Obvious I was talk to Flopz 'the obvious Hectic alt' Flopz, not sure why you'd assume I was saying you were the Hectic alt here.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (isolation #90) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:40 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 520, Hectic wrote:Pretty sure it's hari actually.

I'm talking about this part, Hop:
what makes you so sure that my partner is on at this exact moment to critique my play actively?
Didn't look like a joke to me.

Fair point about the scum motivation.
Looking at timestamps that's only 3 minutes after I made the joke then.

@Holden - have you faked townslips before?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (isolation #91) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I haven't fully caught up but I just saw the last post. I thought this was a nice wholesome game. Can we please not advocate genocide? It's a dick move.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (isolation #92) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:04 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 553, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I hope the scum are shaking in their boots in fear of the Hectic-Isis-Pooky soul-masonry
:(
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (isolation #93) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Yay
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (isolation #94) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Before I catch up here's a pre catchup readslist.

Pooky & Isis - I like this two. I rate them a solid Willow & Bernie on the townscale.

Flopz hasn't posted and I like that. Scum would have cracked under the pressure by now. Solid Wes the mime read from me.

----

Lend seems like a pretty generic, default guy here. Something about him really reminds me of Wilson in this game.

Hectic is a kind of chaotic and you can tell from the alts he has a lot of different personalities keeping him company. Reads like a definite maxwell to me at the moment.

-----

Bell - Not sure what I think about him. You know what else I'm not sure how I feel about? That's right. Kids being eaten by a spider, merging with it and taking over. Easy Webber read here.

Taylor- A fairly obvious Wickerbottom. Compare to the Wendy read on Hopkirk. We can all see who's cuter :good:

My read on myself for reference/comparison:

Holden felt like he was doing something at the start then really dropped off after that. Pretty erratic guy in general, wildly swinging with the temper and the lack of posting. You know what I'm thinking here.

Bugspray is fairly obviously a Charlie here (not pictured as it was too dark to develop it).
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (isolation #95) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Phew, I didn't miss anything in the last few pages I temporarily skipped.

Pooky/Isis/Flopz is my town core. Hectic has more to prove. Lend essentially doesn't exist. Holden I liked a little early then it dropped off to flying under the radar null lean which drops to a scumlean. Taylor and Bell no meaningful vibes yet, need more.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (isolation #96) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Hopkirk »

We should probably step our posting up if we want to beat the record that 200 page micro set by the way. It's a good thing we have Pooky here is all I can say. Lend is really letting us down on that front so is a reasonable /s policy launch.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (isolation #97) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Are you two townreading Hectic or is that just fluff @Isis/Pooky?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (isolation #98) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 673, Bell wrote:Why would you create a pre catch up reads list?
Because I saw two pages since I'd looked earlier and correctly gambled that they were all fluff. I'm a winning gambler like that.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (isolation #99) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Also because I knew Hectic would appreciate the post and that was a much bigger motivation for it than making my reads known.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (isolation #100) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Hopkirk »

The issue with that is that if things changed too much I'd have to rewrite the post I'd mentally planned earlier.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (isolation #101) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Hopkirk »

What's your read on Hectic/Holden looking like?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (isolation #102) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Hopkirk »

It could have ruined the whole post. What if you'd claimed scum? I'd have had to make you the one that lives in the swamp.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (isolation #103) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:20 am

Post by Hopkirk »

VOTE: Holden

I like this idea.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (isolation #104) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Sorry for my inactivity over the last 44 or so hours. I wanted to test how serious ol' bug was about that 36 hours or prod rule. Turns out they weren't being very serious. Disapointing I know, but they'd have had to force replace themselves if they followed them based on their early game so it's understandable.

@Hectic- Obviously I excluded t r i n i t y because I was going to give them a role d2/winter. Definitely a deerclops over a dragonfly for me.
Holden I thought said he was literally just busy that day. It's been longer, and pushing Taylor wasn't giving me much. Voting Lend felt like it'd give me literally nothing unless I was happy to launch there.
In post 719, Tayl0r Swift wrote:im basically ok with a lend wagon i think, but it creeps me out that pooky is on it. if you want my vote ill go reread the iso and see.
As of right now (page 29) I'd be happy to policy consume Lend. They're outside of the pool of people I like and not in danger of replacement with an active player yet.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (isolation #105) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 746, Bell wrote:Oh and 734# and 739# too.

Yep, that’s polite scum.
I feel like you might be talking about Flopz. That guy's probably going to do his old trick of posting in a ridiculously constructed style that's intentionally very over the top which for some reason a ton of people read as sounding sincere. That poor guy just can't get people to understand his sarcasm when it's in text form.
In post 759, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 751, Hectic wrote:I wanted to cut off the blood flow to my finger to teach myself a lesson. I'd overcooked my pasta so I definitely deserved the punishment.
I'm having trouble believing this
Hectic did have ten fingers last time I saw him, but he was also very hungry at the time so idk, this could go either way.
In post 774, Hectic wrote:
In post 761, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 752, Hectic wrote:Isis, why do you naked vote sometimes with no reason accompanying it, or only explain the reasoning later? Does it help in some way?
sometimes its fun to make the bad guys guess what you caught them on

however it can lead people to ignore you :>

Really depends how much sway you have in the game at the time and how good your reads are.
Psychological warfare. I like it.

Flopz is town, or at the very least not scum with Hop or Isis.
Is this especially meaningful? Were you thinking Flopz/Hop or Flopz/Isis? I naturally assumed you were townreading us because I assumed everyone was.
In post 794, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:thanks danica!! <3
+1. Would +2 with an alt/hydra account, but the mods are already mad at me for eating hiding Hectic's hamster. Who know they loved the cute little guy that much. Got any pics to prove this Hectic?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (isolation #106) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Hopkirk »

How come I have no reason to townread you after 145 posts Hectic?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (isolation #107) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:54 am

Post by Hopkirk »

The disparity in posting here is odd

Hectic - 145
Isis - 137 (woah, watch out Hectic!)
Pooky - 134 (close to Isis in more ways than one :))
Hopkirk - 107 (going on 108)
Bell - 104
Taylor - 68
Holden - 21
Bugspray - 11
Lend - 9
t r i n i t y - 4
Flopz - 0

Poor effort from the last five with a grant total of 45 between them. It's like y'all don't want to break any micro length records here.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #825 (isolation #108) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Flopz has new headphones for anyone who was closely following the saga and was getting worried for him.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (isolation #109) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Obviously we're all very concerned about Hectic here. Hopefully he manages to defeat his burgeoning arch nemesis.
I should probably let everyone know that Hectic gets
very
upset when people don't send him get well cards/long joke posts. Just something to bear in mind.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (isolation #110) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I don't really feel like there's much going on in the thread to comment on. Mostly just townreads/NAI posting so my reads haven't developed whatsoever.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #945 (isolation #111) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 914, lendunistus wrote:this thread likes to die
I passed over this at the time, but just noticed it again and it raises a big question. I don't get where this comment is coming from when you've only said youve read 5 pages so far. What did you mean?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #954 (isolation #112) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:38 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 914, lendunistus wrote:this thread likes to die
Based on the rule about prodges with no game content, Lend was due a prod about 1.5 days ago.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #955 (isolation #113) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:40 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I need one town in (Hectic/Bell/Holden/Lend/Taylor). Got any strong reads Pooky/Isis/Flopz?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #956 (isolation #114) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:43 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 952, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 948, Hectic wrote:
In post 665, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:can I get a /prein for every game you mod <3
In post 666, Tayl0r Swift wrote:same.

the only problem is there are probably more people who want that than slots in a micro
I'm taking these seriously until you redact them, just so you know
I'm taking this seriously so you better not forget me :3
Congrats on your 10,000th post.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #959 (isolation #115) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:16 am

Post by Hopkirk »

So what have you read so far Lend?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #963 (isolation #116) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Hopkirk »

As far as I can tell based on your recent posts you'rey reading the thread but actively choosing not to post or talk about anything? - Lend
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1076 (isolation #117) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I'm still happy voting the Holden/Infinity slot. I got a good enough POE that I'm losing a lot of interest in putting more effort in.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1077 (isolation #118) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:39 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I've moved Bell to my townpool based on trusted townies liking him and the cool vibes he's giving off.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (isolation #119) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:41 am

Post by Hopkirk »

rodging - A naked "prod dodge" does not reset the prod timer. To avoid being prodded/replaced for inactivity, include some game advancing content in your prodges, such as "got prodded; xxxx is still scum."

@BUGSPRAY - is this rule going to be enforced btw or nah? It's been five days since Lend posted anything remotely resembling content and he didn't even get prodded when I mentioned he was in prod zone.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1083 (isolation #120) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Hopkirk »

When did Pooky start playing differently this game?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1085 (isolation #121) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:17 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Have you got any thoughts on why he made the
weird
playstyle shift midgame, or is that not relevant to your thoughts on him?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1088 (isolation #122) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:40 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1086, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1085, Hopkirk wrote:Have you got any thoughts on why he made the
weird
playstyle shift midgame, or is that not relevant to your thoughts on him?
You mean the part where they shift to only talking to Isis? Idk, it's confusing to me, do you have thoughts?

Feel like pooky basically hasn't posted game-relevant content
He felt town to me before that, but I have no meta/games played on the slot. When a townread started collapsing into the kind of AOE if
feels
like he'd feel guilty about as scum (based on my read of his personality this game and nobody jumping on him to say he's anything but a wonderful bear) I still like him.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1215 (isolation #123) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

UNVOTE: Infinity
UNVOTE: lend
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1216 (isolation #124) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

I just clicked on mafiascum out of habit and saw it, can't post because midnight.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1318 (isolation #125) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:27 am

Post by Hopkirk »

If it''s Flopz then it's infinity too.

2 Masons feels kind of weird. I got the impression that this was going to be a spooky setup, and regular masons takes up a lot of power roles slots.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1319 (isolation #126) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:28 am

Post by Hopkirk »

There's a doc?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1323 (isolation #127) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:32 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Taylor/Hectic
Infinity/X
Hectic/X

I should look at pairings.

2 'named town who claim d1 then die n1 and n2 respectively' is 66% scum win so I don't get how 2 Masons (who can claim later and dramatically boost that) + other PR isn't townsided.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1324 (isolation #128) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:33 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Ah 3 goons was suggested.

That feels like a definite no for 9 players.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1325 (isolation #129) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:34 am

Post by Hopkirk »

The right play here is to not comment on whether we like Bell or Lend but absolutely not lethal them today. Deciding on MC is independent of that though.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1328 (isolation #130) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:37 am

Post by Hopkirk »

For today I've townlocked Pooky/Isis/Bell/Lend.
Flopz I need to read properly as I've only skimmed, but I don't see Flopz/Hectic which slightly lowers both of your scum equity.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1331 (isolation #131) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:42 am

Post by Hopkirk »

The early (post RVS but relatively early) posting she had in the memey stage of the game read genuine in a good way. I liked her interactions for Pookie after that. I could look for specifics, but I don't remember which posts I specifically liked, so I'd be looking kind of retrospectively.

How do you feel on Taylor/Infinity atm? I feel like you have solid scum equity with either of them.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1334 (isolation #132) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Oh this is a closed so the doctor/mason claim doesn't outright win so yeah it's not as strong as I was thinking, but still seems strong.
I don't have tons of experience on mafiascum micro balancing. I'm assuming 3 town prs is the absolute max right (@anyone)
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1406 (isolation #133) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1336, Hectic wrote:
In post 1331, Hopkirk wrote:The early (post RVS but relatively early) posting she had in the memey stage of the game read genuine in a good way. I liked her interactions for Pookie after that. I could look for specifics, but I don't remember which posts I specifically liked, so I'd be looking kind of retrospectively.

How do you feel on Taylor/Infinity atm? I feel like you have solid scum equity with either of them.
I've been looking through your ISO, and you've been proactive with voicing reads and blocs, but you're actually scarce on reasoning for reads, as in specifics that go deeper. Little paranoid lul, would love more reasoning overall on all your reads.

Tayl0r and Infinity are both on the same tier as you. You'll have to wait if you want me to go deeper, am on mobile.

Actually, if I'm being honest, I find Isis townier than Tayl0r or you, I'm probably being a little unfair and BoPing her somewhat.
I think you might be overestimating the number of my reads.
-Pooky I'm fairly sure I've covered
-Isis I haven't really said much, but it feels like a very uncontroversial read
-Bell I was warming up to because gamestates where they were scum didn't feel right
-Flopz felt different to scum in a way I thought you picked up on too
Which had left a 4p POE prior to the lend claim
In post 1390, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I am beyond jealous that you and flop get to play DnD
Sadly we haven't been able to do it all together lately.
In post 1391, Hectic wrote:He's a very harsh DM. He once made us play a format where if you lost a limb in the game, you'd have to replicate it in real life for immersion. Hopkirk insists he never needed his left leg anyway, but I can tell it's changed him...
This didn't happen. I have two legs left.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1407 (isolation #134) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:41 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Claim - VT
Popcorn (next claim from) - Taylor (infinity works too if Taylor isn't online since what, 1d to deadline)
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1408 (isolation #135) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:44 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Bell - has Lend been saying anything in your mason chat?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1410 (isolation #136) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:46 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Twoish.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1414 (isolation #137) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Look I've never bothered to actually them alright?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1415 (isolation #138) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1414, Hopkirk wrote:Look I've never bothered to actually them alright?
Count them
My legs
I should quote posts I'm responding to
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1416 (isolation #139) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1413, Isis wrote:HOPKIRK CHANGED HIS AVATAR
Is that a good all caps comment on the new avatar or a less good one?

I feel like the old one was a little too harsh/serious for my current playstyle and I've been meaning to change it for a while now. Definitely not scum indicative. Why I'd argue that keeping your avatar the whole game is suspicious in the same way using full stops is. Too restrained, just hiding in old patterns.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1418 (isolation #140) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:10 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I could see Hectic putting in a role that forces the target to change their avatar.
@Hectic - is Bugspray one of your alts?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1421 (isolation #141) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1420, Isis wrote:Hopkirk didn't you have that avatar for like a jillion years?
I'm going out on a limb a bit but I waaaaant to say I saw you using it in 2013-14?
I definitely used this one for several years early on. Not sure if this is my third one or if I've forgotten about any.

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1423 (isolation #142) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:22 am

Post by Hopkirk »

That's fair, I do like it when I catch scum lying about something that should be public knowledge like that, so I'm happy with how the day went. It's fine if we lethal someone else today.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1458 (isolation #143) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1451, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 955, Hopkirk wrote:I need one town in (Hectic/Bell/Holden/Lend/Taylor). Got any strong reads Pooky/Isis/Flopz?
Bell/Lend are like almost certainly masons so the game is won right?
My current POE is those 5-the 2 masons. Not a massive fan of wagoning flopz or poorly today. Would wagon flopz if had to pick between them.

I should have some time tomorrow morning to read through stuff/pairings but realistically that's probably not going to leave time to start a fresh wagon.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1460 (isolation #144) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:56 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Hey lend, have you and bell discussed pooky in the QT a lot or not? I TR him at the moment, so let me know if there's any case I'm missing.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1468 (isolation #145) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1466, lendunistus wrote:
In post 1460, Hopkirk wrote:Hey lend, have you and bell discussed pooky in the QT a lot or not? I TR him at the moment, so let me know if there's any case I'm missing.
we have like 15-20 posts in the QT so uh

not much
Like if there's other claims then this is a scumslip.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1469 (isolation #146) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1, bugspray wrote:Role pms are out! Game starts in (expired on 2020-10-05 13:54:31) Or sooner if everyone confirms before then :D

Spoiler: Public Information
vt role pmWelcome to Matrix Decipher You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no active abilities.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.

No private threads have daytalk (except for personal private threads)
No private threads have daytalk.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1470 (isolation #147) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1408, Hopkirk wrote:@Bell - has Lend been saying anything in your mason chat?
In post 1423, Hopkirk wrote:That's fair, I do like it when I catch scum lying about something that should be public knowledge like that, so I'm happy with how the day went. It's fine if we lethal someone else today.
In post 1460, Hopkirk wrote:Hey lend, have you and bell discussed pooky in the QT a lot or not? I TR him at the moment, so let me know if there's any case I'm missing.
Softed in 1423 I was fishing for scum lying about 'public knowledge'

If there's no other PR claims though then it's clearly legit because this isn't vanilla.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1474 (isolation #148) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Hopkirk »

VOTE: Infinity

I'm good with Holden lethal.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1483 (isolation #149) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:51 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1479, Tayl0r Swift wrote:ok im here. im ok with lend or pooky, but i wont be here for deadline. which wagon is more viable?

wait why are we doing lend today? isnt lend in that masonry?
You're the only one considering lend.

Did you claim VT?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1573 (isolation #150) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:28 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1551, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:agree with voting taylor

not going to do it before Hopkirk checks in and gives his thoughts tho.
If I had to vote now it'd probably be for Taylor, but I don't so I won't. I'm busy tue/thu evenings and have work during the daytime. I can't promise for definite I'll be able to finish going through stuff by wedensday but I'll try and look through some stuff before then.

Encryptor Enabler just means that (unless there's enough enabler) there's no daytalk right? You should try posting in your mason thread and seeing if you get warned for it Lend.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1574 (isolation #151) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:30 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Flopz/Taylor would make a lot of sense since the only mention of her Flopz has made is saying she's null once. His last scumgame he noticeably didn't interact with his partner.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1575 (isolation #152) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:32 am

Post by Hopkirk »

~50-80 mentions of Pooky/Hectic/Isis/Bell. Less of Lend/Holden make sense. Surprisingly low mentions of me. Only 10 references to Taylor (including quotes).

I skimmed over a lot of Flopz's stuff yesterday so I'd like to get through that properly today.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1654 (isolation #153) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I think I'm happy with Flopz/Taylor as the scumteam. VOTE: Flopz
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1655 (isolation #154) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Only scumteam with Pooky feels like Hectic and they both read as good. Hectic doesn't feel like partners with either Flopz or Taylor here. Not a fan of either of them relative to the other players in the game, and fits Flopz scum meta here.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1819 (isolation #155) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I think I'd prefer Taylor to Flopz, but I'll get into this game sometime after dinner unless something comes up. I'll look for anything specifically at me, but can engage quicker with anything if you @Hopkirk it after this post.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1887 (isolation #156) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Did anyone get added to your hood.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1889 (isolation #157) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Hopkirk »

The word 'decipher' being in the game title was a big part of that claim.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1895 (isolation #158) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Bugspray has now added me to the hood.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1897 (isolation #159) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Yes, but now explicitly doesn't.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1899 (isolation #160) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Hopkirk »

It feels a lot like it's just Taylor.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1924 (isolation #161) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:22 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I'm very tempted to just hammer and probably end it.
In post 1913, Hectic wrote:
In post 1911, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:that could be true..

what if its Hectic/Hopkirk/Flopz - our london boys together? :3
Wtf, he's onto us, Hop. How do I deflect? Can you chainsaw him while I flamethrower Tayl0r?
I was thinking you OMGUS Taylor a bit then we bring out the alligators (Flopz in a costume).
In post 1911, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:that could be true..

what if its Hectic/Hopkirk/Flopz - our london boys together? :3
Woah, I'm not from London or living in London.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1926 (isolation #162) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Hopkirk »

eh
VOTE: Taylor
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1928 (isolation #163) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:48 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Hectic and I used to have an in person campaign which finished over a year ago.

Hectic/Flopz/2 others had an online campaign which is current on hold for reasons. Last session involved an almost TPK after I told another player 'if you hit that again then I'm going to die', hit the thing again knocking themselves out, then resulted in me getting killed immediately afterwards. Hectic jumped over all of our dying bodies to run away. **** rogues.

Any campaigns I've mentioned recently is one I'm in that moved from in person to online because of covid, but doesn't involve Flopz/Hectic because they weren't around when we started it irl.

We can't give Isis too many clues about the mysterious group though.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1962 (isolation #164) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I love how much discussion my joke claim made in the scum QT.

'hmmm i kinda believe hopkirks claim, which unfortunately means we might have to kill hopkirk here.'

I assume you meant 'think Hopkirk is softclaiming' not 'Hopkirk claimed in seriousness that if he dies then nobody can post in the game thread'

Oh no, does that mean I'll be killing Hopkirk N1 twice in a row

*shakes fist at Flopz*
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1987 (isolation #165) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:41 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Just give Hectic an extra two fake threads full of bots for every game he signs up for and don't tell him which is the 'real' game. Then he'll be overgamed and unable to contribute as much to each one.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”