Micro 978 | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:47 pm

Post by Isis »

This playerlist is really good that's why I sniped it.

Actually it's all players I am sort of familiar with and have vague positive impressions of but have zero completed games with, which is a certain kind of exciting.

Bond with me in the dance of mafia.

Starting with VOTE: The Bulge
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:37 pm

Post by Isis »

I've never actually looked at WNAF in terms of "do I want to eliminate scum"
I'm fascinated. I've played the setup before, but just assumed it rewarded hitting scum, but with small weird setups it could be worth a look.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:43 pm

Post by Isis »

I read the setup a couple times and see how you might get there: "limming town means you confirm a town as town AND gain a 1 shot PR?" but I actually think you're miscounting and you always want to lim scum day 1.

Count it this way:

No matter what happens, 1 townie will be confirmed town

and a player will get dayvigged, but in the cased of a townie getting limmed, this will be an imperfect aim-best-you-can type dayvig, while in the case of a scum getting eliminated, we are going to point at the scum that just got eliminated and say "oh, that's what the dayvig was!"

as I write this out now, though

it occurs to me that only eliminating town can townconfirm someone who is super scummy, making it a higher value clear. But you can't like, intentionally eliminate someone who is "town, but super scummy?" So it definitely still stays at, you should eliminate scummy people, but it should be unsurprising if eliminating town Day 1 isn't a strong indicator for a low town winrate.

There might be some sort of argument for a certain set of associatives meaning it is correct to eliminate the second scummiest person because their associatives are different, in this setup, I think. Like I think it's at least that nuanced?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Isis »

Touche
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by Isis »

GP, what is your basis for arguing I'm a strong player rather than a prolific one? You didn't contradict my opening to this game so I see a gap there. Are you an alt?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #20 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 13, The Bulge wrote:we can lose Day 1 if we miselim. we can't lose Day 1 if we hang scum.
VOTE: Isis
You know that doesn't necessarily transfer to overall win chances, right?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #21 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by Isis »

This game didn't start with enough memes and it's partly my fault
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #23 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Isis »

I don't think Listmods as a group are the strongest players onsite, nor should they be. I don't think making good MD posts is correlated that well with mafia skill either. It might be correlated with being a Listmod.

Please don't pocket me with grammatically correct usages of semicolons; it will work even as I recognize it happening.

I'm not sure we should actually keep talking about mechanics rather than move forward once everyone agrees we should try to vote scum. It's usually regarded as an agreed-upon truth that mechanics posts are easier contexts for scum to mimic townplay, so it's best to move off them and start bullying eachother as quickly as possible.

I've kind of looked at everyone's mechtakes and thought of an angle for them to read like scumspew or townspew, so this game doesn't feel like an exception for me.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #29 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by Isis »

How much testing do you have on sorting someone after you've rolled scum with them? I'm usually less confident than when I've rolled town against their scum, to paraphrase Datisi meta based on an informed position can function differently.

I agree doesn't further the game much and thought so when I read it, but is it malicious IioA?

The Bulge has not posted much and due to the nature of this setup I don't think I can actually sheep a townread on him since at least one of you is scum. This setup is funky.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #30 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by Isis »

I guess I should have quoted the post I was responding to since Bulge ninja'd me.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #35 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 33, shellyc wrote:iioa itself is nai
NO

omg the famous MD posts are coming
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #38 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by Isis »

really though, I think IioA is generally scummy as a default, but there are valid exceptions you can apply where it's not. I do think if you pulled up a random completed normal and tallied IioA and ignored context and guessed scum based on it, you'll do better than rand.

I don't follow the parity cop result on shelly/bulge, should it be obvious to me?

pedit: 2 pedits
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #52 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 41, shellyc wrote:
In post 38, Isis wrote:really though, I think IioA is generally scummy as a default, but there are valid exceptions you can apply where it's not. I do think if you pulled up a random completed normal and tallied IioA and ignored context and guessed scum based on it, you'll do better than rand.
isis do you think what tgp is doing is an exception or do you see the scumminess as well?
I'm not sure how much I pushed him into a fluffy topic myself. I think it's scummy but it could be coming from town.
That might seem like an unremarkable comment, but if you get good at it, it is actually sometimes possible to get slamdunkscumreads off of IioA when the context is right.

pedit: wow so many pedits in a four player game!
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #55 (isolation #13) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by Isis »

VOTE: tgp based on the stuff that was in pedits

It should be pretty natural to understand that this setup is weird and that it's easy to accidentally think 2 slots might be T-T. In a regular game even in 3-2 eLo 2 slots might be T-T

tgp's push seems forced

The solve might be tgp-bulge red.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #58 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by Isis »

that was a hammer?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #65 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Isis »

I didn't mean to hammer and I'm sorry. I agreed with the sentiment that using a lot of this day phase was the best way to play and I feel extra bad since TGP used hurt tags for me earlier in the game
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #66 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Isis »

i don't think tgp is the type to troll
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #77 (isolation #17) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Isis »

post 65 had some fake genuineness alchemy because I infused my desire to play with this playerlist more but then kinda switched it to be about winning for town :evil:
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #79 (isolation #18) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Isis »

Bulge I won it for youuuuuuuuuu
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #83 (isolation #19) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by Isis »

A win is a win I love winninnnnnnng
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #84 (isolation #20) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:02 pm

Post by Isis »

the hammer was really an accident btw
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #85 (isolation #21) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by Isis »

This was so fun and wholesome
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #88 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:40 pm

Post by Isis »

For a game with longer deadlines, it would generally be a courtesy to let the primary moderator post the game result. With this being a blitz it would kind of give away that it was a game-ending result since normally freezing the game for 8 hours even though the backup mod was available would seem too weird. It's a dicey thing, I hope you didn't feel too bad about the modding experience Sirius.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #89 (isolation #23) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:41 pm

Post by Isis »

Also btw I'm down to reroll and play again if all four want to. I could pull some strings to get the Micro queue Listmod to approve that. If even one person wants out, it's a no, though, that's not how the replacement queue should be used IMO
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #98 (isolation #24) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:00 pm

Post by Isis »

I sent the kickoff PM. The game will have a different thread.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #99 (isolation #25) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:12 pm

Post by Isis »

"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #100 (isolation #26) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by Isis »

"Well, I..."

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”