Micro 975: The Shape of Water [END]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by The Bulge »

what's up

UNVOTE:

taylor obvtown, infinity obvtown
i could do alchemist or gamma or punpun
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by The Bulge »

I can't bring up examples rn but I've gotten a strong gutread on you early as scum more than once before, but here you seem completely different. granted im not one for meta dives but its a read im ok with for now

punpun's heads converging on alchemist pinged me the hardest, but my earliest impression was that I disgree with most of their reads and their interactions with you seemed off as well
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by The Bulge »

I'll do another read tonight because i for sure thought i was replacing into a scumslot lol but im not too worried about dl
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by The Bulge »

ill still be around in more of a real-time sense til then tho

come help me immerse~
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by The Bulge »

is creature usually around this hour?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (isolation #5) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by The Bulge »

how are you feeling rn about alchemist? I'm not sure i see what sailor was saying about nuance, it seems to me like it could be more of a personality or posting style thing
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by The Bulge »

ok im seeing now that they did say it was notably different from his scum posting
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by The Bulge »

I didnt catch that before but the mocking tone in the first part doesnt really line up to me with how theyre choosing to deal with the slot in that same post
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (isolation #8) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by The Bulge »

what makes you think gamma town?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:33 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 479, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 465, The Bulge wrote:I can't bring up examples rn but I've gotten a strong gutread on you early as scum more than once before, but here you seem completely different. granted im not one for meta dives but its a read im ok with for now

punpun's heads converging on alchemist pinged me the hardest, but my earliest impression was that I disgree with most of their reads and their interactions with you seemed off as well
what about the interactions with me seem off? i dont like that you're hacheting townreads. i have absolutely the opposite read on punpun - ive liked that the heads are on the same page. why is alchemist town?
punpunhead's initial jump onto you was pretty weak, and punhead's first post after that unvotes for just as weak a reason. your inclusion in is odd given these weak reasonings and what seems like light hydra dissonance, but they make no mention of you further other than pun warning you to not dish out TRs from mindmelds too easily. I can't exactly put my finger on it but it all seems so fabricated

I don't think alchemist is town and the only reason I've seen from anyone townreading him is meta
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (isolation #10) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:34 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 480, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 466, The Bulge wrote:I'll do another read tonight because i for sure thought i was replacing into a scumslot lol but im not too worried about dl
Why? Was it the gimmick?

~Mars
no, it was the obsession with your slot. newbscum love to complain about reading hydrae, and I've found it's usually a fairly reliable tell
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:34 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 485, punpun wrote:Bulge, what pings you about how we converged on Alchemist?

~pun
Spoiler: posted 8 seconds apart
In post 310, punpun wrote:I dislike Creature's attitude and outlook of the game immensely, but I also think he's town for it.

Alchemist feels kinda of awkward this game. He lacks personality in his posts and he's being pretty formal/serious. I don't know if that's a scumtell for him specifically but I'm too lazy to check right now, and I think overall, it's probably a slightly scummy thing on average. Oh, also, I realise part of this is due to the way Alchemist capitalises "town" and "townread" and terms like that; I've always found that weird and scummy for some reason. I'm trying to filter that part out though and I still get the same general vibes.

VOTE: Alchemist

~pun
In post 311, punpun wrote:i am too tired to really post coherently and i should try to post at more decent times, but i still think gamma is town. as things have progress i've found myself agreeing with a lot of his thoughts on things (mostly regarding taylor who i still have a not-great feeling about, especially given her interactions with infinity. she also seems as if she's trying to disengage with pressure being placed upon her on this page which makes me even more).

pun and i talked some though and we both have the same thoughts about alchemist. my townread on him has dwindled as the game moved onward, and he feels as if his posts are stilted in a way that other people aren't. i do wonder if part of that is because it's a fairly quiet game and there's less to chew on/work with but even that feels like an issue scum would struggle with way more.

other than that, infinity has crept up my townlist more, as has derp (i like the tone of his posts). creature is extremely cranky but, like pun said, he feels town regardless.

~punpun

punhead's given reasons for voting Alchemist are
extremely
weak and I fail to see how that could ever possibly sway the other head's opinion. if you discussed your differing reads of alchemist with each other, what else did you talk about? surely there were other reasons given in private.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (isolation #12) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:35 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 486, punpun wrote:
In post 474, The Bulge wrote:I didnt catch that before but the mocking tone in the first part doesnt really line up to me with how theyre choosing to deal with the slot in that same post
Explain why? I'm irritated with what he's saying in calling the game boring, saying it's a loss due to the playerlist etc, it's negative and anti-fun. But still, I thought it was town-indicative at the time because it draws a lot of negative attention, and scum usually aren't so bold.

~pun
it's minor but it's mostly a language thing. your tone comes off as somewhat... passionate? in the first and last lines. the "I've kinda shelved him as probtown" line sticks out to me. your feelings toward the slot don't seem genuine in that post.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (isolation #13) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:36 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 188, punpun wrote:#138 from my boy Alchemist pings me a bit. It's like drawing content/making stances about stuff that isn't there. For example, #74 is not a defense, and #131 is overall gut town? Strange, but is strange SCUM... this is the question.

~pun
also this looks like a big setup for the posts I quoted above. it's fencesitty as hell but then none of these points are brought up again?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:40 am

Post by The Bulge »

VOTE: punpun yea feeling this much more after reading again. that's E-2
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (isolation #15) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:40 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 82, punpun wrote:
In post 68, Sailor Senshi wrote:Sailor Senshi
Derp
Gamma Emerald
Alchemist21
Tayl0r Swift
Creature
Punpun
Infinity 324

I think I'm approximately here as of this page

I'm letting the other scouts handle voting tho

-merc
Weird that you have a full readlist with everyone on separate tiers already. My only read right now is that I townlean Gamma.

Explain the derp and Infinity reads.

VOTE: Sailors

~pun
In post 84, punpun wrote:
In post 69, Infinity 324 wrote:Why is pun scum?
Also weird that Infinity asks about pun and not himself who's at the bottom. Why weren't you curious about yourself, Infinity?

~pun
In post 99, punpun wrote:
In post 97, Infinity 324 wrote:I'm just an awkward person in general I think, I'm also trying to get the game going since it's been a bit slow so far.
VOTE: Infinity

Why was your vote on Swift naked if you were trying to get the game going?

~pun
In post 103, punpun wrote:
In post 100, Sailor Senshi wrote:
In post 57, derp wrote:
In post 54, Sailor Senshi wrote:derp you're not an alt of hewhoswims are you?

-M
no i am a terrible swimmer
this was actually pretty funny. my townlean here is just a spicy hot take off this one post, I'll need more to cement it
You think ability to be funny is something that's alignment indicative?

~pun
these are all bad-faith questions and pushes. reads like scum trying to get early footing in the game when nothing much was really going on.
In post 133, punpun wrote:you have wrung out of me a pre-sleep mobilepost

but no, i haven’t before

~punpun
did you put on your striped suit before making this appearance
In post 402, punpun wrote:If not Alchemist, I'd want Creature. This attitude is apparently NAI for him and he's gonna be very unhelpful if he is town, so at least we won't be losing much.

~pun
In post 460, punpun wrote:huh, I'll vote for derp if not Creature

Hey, Gamma, what have you seen that's towny from Creature? Enlighten me pls

~pun
lol
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:40 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 146, Gamma Emerald wrote:But can I really call you friend at this point?
VOTE: Derp
I don’t trust his tone rn
I don't like this. playing along with the bit and then immediately voting because of it? also weird timing, obviously derp was a gimmick account, so why not call this out earlier?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:46 am

Post by The Bulge »

if nothing else, referring to himself in the third person should have done it, but that's not important. it's the toneshift that stood out most to me.

there isn't a lot I can point to that makes you lean scum to me, i think to a certain degree i just always read you as scum.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (isolation #18) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 634, Alchemist21 wrote:Could be a fakeclaim, could be real but scum, but at least I know they got it from boon.
In post 635, Infinity 324 wrote:Makes sense, it does say it can be any alignment so

I think they made up the part about being the main character, since we don't have flavored roles.
In post 636, Alchemist21 wrote:They might have looked up that it’s a creature that lives in water and made that assumption.

And maybe boon did actually do that because it would be somewhat fitting
I'd be willing to buy this, except...
In post 596, punpun wrote:i did not watch the shape of water to try and figure out what a bunyip was just for people not to believe us!!

~punpun
In post 597, punpun wrote:OHHH the thing in the movie was a bunyip

WE ARE LITERALLY THE PROTAGONIST OF THE FILM

~pun
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 530, punpun wrote:
In post 519, The Bulge wrote:
In post 485, punpun wrote:Bulge, what pings you about how we converged on Alchemist?

~pun
Spoiler: posted 8 seconds apart
In post 310, punpun wrote:I dislike Creature's attitude and outlook of the game immensely, but I also think he's town for it.

Alchemist feels kinda of awkward this game. He lacks personality in his posts and he's being pretty formal/serious. I don't know if that's a scumtell for him specifically but I'm too lazy to check right now, and I think overall, it's probably a slightly scummy thing on average. Oh, also, I realise part of this is due to the way Alchemist capitalises "town" and "townread" and terms like that; I've always found that weird and scummy for some reason. I'm trying to filter that part out though and I still get the same general vibes.

VOTE: Alchemist

~pun
In post 311, punpun wrote:i am too tired to really post coherently and i should try to post at more decent times, but i still think gamma is town. as things have progress i've found myself agreeing with a lot of his thoughts on things (mostly regarding taylor who i still have a not-great feeling about, especially given her interactions with infinity. she also seems as if she's trying to disengage with pressure being placed upon her on this page which makes me even more).

pun and i talked some though and we both have the same thoughts about alchemist. my townread on him has dwindled as the game moved onward, and he feels as if his posts are stilted in a way that other people aren't. i do wonder if part of that is because it's a fairly quiet game and there's less to chew on/work with but even that feels like an issue scum would struggle with way more.

other than that, infinity has crept up my townlist more, as has derp (i like the tone of his posts). creature is extremely cranky but, like pun said, he feels town regardless.

~punpun

punhead's given reasons for voting Alchemist are
extremely
weak and I fail to see how that could ever possibly sway the other head's opinion. if you discussed your differing reads of alchemist with each other, what else did you talk about? surely there were other reasons given in private.
was intentional. we were aiming for the same second, but alas. perfection is hard to strive for.

~pun
are you going to respond or just banter about the single least consequential part of my post?
In post 531, punpun wrote:
In post 520, The Bulge wrote:
In post 486, punpun wrote:
In post 474, The Bulge wrote:I didnt catch that before but the mocking tone in the first part doesnt really line up to me with how theyre choosing to deal with the slot in that same post
Explain why? I'm irritated with what he's saying in calling the game boring, saying it's a loss due to the playerlist etc, it's negative and anti-fun. But still, I thought it was town-indicative at the time because it draws a lot of negative attention, and scum usually aren't so bold.

~pun
it's minor but it's mostly a language thing. your tone comes off as somewhat... passionate? in the first and last lines. the "I've kinda shelved him as probtown" line sticks out to me. your feelings toward the slot don't seem genuine in that post.
All of the things you're pointing out here are towny, not scummy. "I've kinda shelved him as probtown" is just the way I talk.

~pun
what is this supposed to mean? yea, a passionate tone could very well be town-indicative on its own, but not when it is faked.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 533, punpun wrote:
In post 82, punpun wrote:
In post 68, Sailor Senshi wrote:Sailor Senshi
Derp
Gamma Emerald
Alchemist21
Tayl0r Swift
Creature
Punpun
Infinity 324

I think I'm approximately here as of this page

I'm letting the other scouts handle voting tho

-merc
Weird that you have a full readlist with everyone on separate tiers already. My only read right now is that I townlean Gamma.

Explain the derp and Infinity reads.

VOTE: Sailors

~pun
In post 84, punpun wrote:
In post 69, Infinity 324 wrote:Why is pun scum?
Also weird that Infinity asks about pun and not himself who's at the bottom. Why weren't you curious about yourself, Infinity?

~pun
In post 99, punpun wrote:
In post 97, Infinity 324 wrote:I'm just an awkward person in general I think, I'm also trying to get the game going since it's been a bit slow so far.
VOTE: Infinity

Why was your vote on Swift naked if you were trying to get the game going?

~pun
In post 103, punpun wrote:
In post 100, Sailor Senshi wrote:
In post 57, derp wrote:
In post 54, Sailor Senshi wrote:derp you're not an alt of hewhoswims are you?

-M
no i am a terrible swimmer
this was actually pretty funny. my townlean here is just a spicy hot take off this one post, I'll need more to cement it
You think ability to be funny is something that's alignment indicative?

~pun
Want to explain why us solving and questioning people is "bad-faith questions and pushes"?

~pun
these are all reaches, each trying to poke at an inconsistency that doesn't exist.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by The Bulge »

I claim innocent child, here I crumbed it
In post 526, The Bulge wrote:if nothing else, referring to himself in the
third person
should have done it, but that's not important. it's the toneshift that stood out most to me.

there isn't a lot I can point to that makes you lean scum to me, i think to a certain degree i just always read you as scum.
In post 463, The Bulge wrote:what's up

UNVOTE:

taylor [1]
obvtown,
infinity [2]
obvtown
i could do
alchemist [3]
or gamma or punpun
Alchemist21 -> 21 legal drinking age -> sinful adult
= do the opposite -> innocent child
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (isolation #22) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 555, Creature wrote:I have Aster and The Great Wall in mind. Both were pretty damn obvious scum and yet endgamed while shitting all over a widely townread me.
you know who the heads are?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (isolation #23) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 562, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think the bad faith push this pun talked about makes sense, especially on me
where did I push you?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 592, punpun wrote:*shrug* we're past it

if you're not convinced, you're not convinced

if there's a real doc/Neapolitan, they should counterclaim us but they don't exist most likely, so there won't be any CCs

~pun
lmao I do actually think this is a real scumslip as well

alchemist could be bussing here. I certainly would be
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by The Bulge »

I don't know why they'd have fakeclaims if we have no flavoured roles. my guess is they found the role on the wiki and lied about watching the movie to make it seem more fitting (I ctrl+f'd the script and found zero instances of the word 'bunyip') and maybe got carried away with that, playing up the "main character can't be scum" narrative until it evolved into the actual flavour claim they're running with.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #649 (isolation #26) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by The Bulge »

*mod-provided fakeclaims, that is
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 643, The Bulge wrote:
In post 555, Creature wrote:I have Aster and The Great Wall in mind. Both were pretty damn obvious scum and yet endgamed while shitting all over a widely townread me.
you know who the heads are?
this is an important question even if they flip before you check in, btw
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by The Bulge »

hm. that could be it
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (isolation #29) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by The Bulge »

all I said still holds except the wiki part in that case
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (isolation #30) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 654, Gamma Emerald wrote:P sure he just means those as past scums with that behavioral pattern around him
What?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (isolation #31) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 681, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 679, Infinity 324 wrote:I guess we massclaim cause it's MeLo, I kinda wanna start with the bulge
+1

He seems way more confident here than I recall him being in Free Love.

~M
that was my first game in years. I don't know how I can gauge which read I was more confident in between free love and this game, but I was certainly more hesitant with notty because I didn't want to barrage him if I was wrong. I also had a solve that kept making more and more sense to me that game, making me think I could be tunneling and confbiasing things. plus I was right about notty/klick, and wrong about punpun, so why even mention this comparison?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (isolation #32) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by The Bulge »

am I starting the massclaim? I'd like to wait for everyone to check in first
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (isolation #33) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 688, The Bulge wrote:plus I was right about notty/klick, and wrong about punpun, so why even mention this comparison?
eh, this isn't really a fair question. I think it's odd you're able to confidently make that claim tho
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (isolation #34) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by The Bulge »

I don't see the point of bringing up the only meta read you have when the situations are entirely different, although ill concede I rarely see the point of a lot of things meta players think matter
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (isolation #35) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by The Bulge »

but I don't believe that's your only reason to suspect me if you say both heads agree.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (isolation #36) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 693, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 691, The Bulge wrote:
In post 688, The Bulge wrote:plus I was right about notty/klick, and wrong about punpun, so why even mention this comparison?
eh, this isn't really a fair question. I think it's odd you're able to confidently make that claim tho
Is this for us or Infinity? And what question?

~M
my question for you that i quoted didn't really make sense.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (isolation #37) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 699, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 682, Tayl0r Swift wrote:i kinda want creature to go early because i think forcing an early claim there will also be helpful in sorting a null slot. bulge is fine other than that. alchemist should be early too imo.
Bulge claims before me. No exceptions.
??
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (isolation #38) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 698, Venus and Mars wrote:If both heads hard tr both Creature and Alchemist and Infinity also is in agreement with this, who do you think fmpov, should I be most suspicious of?
is this a rhetorical question?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (isolation #39) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by The Bulge »

I was more thinking of alchemist when i said that anyway, and im not sure what to make of his tone just now

im vt, go alchemist
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (isolation #40) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by The Bulge »

not to mention the fact that he popped in only after I said I wanted to wait to claim.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (isolation #41) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 733, Infinity 324 wrote:Weak = I die if I target scum.

I didn’t use my shot, didn’t think about the possibility that I could get it back.

I think we just have to wait until we elim scum, scum kills me and if there aren’t 2 deaths we assume there’s no guilty and move on.
this doesn't make sense. why would there be 2 deaths if scum kills you?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (isolation #42) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 739, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 737, Infinity 324 wrote:Killing taylor might just be the play

Tbh a taylor/bulge scumteam makes sense since the ascetic member will always perform the kill. That was kinda my solve anyway.
Yes, she is the only non-confirmable slot. We should hear what Bulge says but that’s a really good point. If Tayl0r is buddies with Bulge, then his clear is meaningless.

~M
what does my clear have to do with taylor? I could opt to not perform the kill regardless of my partner's abilities. also if taylor is scum how do we know she's telling the truth about her role?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (isolation #43) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 743, Venus and Mars wrote:Sorry if it’s not you but your aesthetic role makes you the best fade.
is this something town ever says in mylo?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (isolation #44) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 751, Venus and Mars wrote:I also hard vetoed both yours and Creature wagons D1.
what does this mean?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (isolation #45) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by The Bulge »

did I miss something? why are so many people removing creature from their PoEs with the same confidence as if he were mechanically cleared
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (isolation #46) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by The Bulge »

ah got it
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #775 (isolation #47) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by The Bulge »

ninja'd down to the second wow
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #780 (isolation #48) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 776, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 768, The Bulge wrote:

Tbh a taylor/bulge scumteam makes sense since the ascetic member will always perform the kill. That was kinda my solve anyway.
Yes, she is the only non-confirmable slot. We should hear what Bulge says but that’s a really good point. If Tayl0r is buddies with Bulge, then his clear is meaningless.

~M
what does my clear have to do with taylor? I could opt to not perform the kill regardless of my partner's abilities. also if taylor is scum how do we know she's telling the truth about her role?
We don’t but what we do know is that Alchemist tracked you and you didn’t kill Gamma.
my point is why even bring that up except to push your taylor/bulge team theory? my clear is meaningless already.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (isolation #49) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 777, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 769, The Bulge wrote:
In post 743, Venus and Mars wrote:Sorry if it’s not you but your aesthetic role makes you the best fade.
:igmeou:

We’re town, so it obviously must be true. Nice shade though.

~M
I shade those i find shady. how does this post accomplish more than mine? I'm signalling to others that they should be reading more into your slot. you're just shading my shade, you feel?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (isolation #50) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 778, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 770, The Bulge wrote:
In post 751, Venus and Mars wrote:I also hard vetoed both yours and Creature wagons D1.
what does this mean?
What do you think it means? How much of D1 have you read?

~M
I'm asking how that makes you town.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (isolation #51) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 779, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 771, The Bulge wrote:did I miss something? why are so many people removing creature from their PoEs with the same confidence as if he were mechanically cleared
A) strong meta read

B) Why does scum!Creature kill Gamma who was tr him?

C) Why are you and Tayl0r the only ones who are pushing him?
where did I push creature?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (isolation #52) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by The Bulge »

seriously?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (isolation #53) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 784, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 780, The Bulge wrote:
In post 776, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 768, The Bulge wrote:

~M
We don’t but what we do know is that Alchemist tracked you and you didn’t kill Gamma.
my point is why even bring that up except to push your taylor/bulge team theory? my clear is meaningless already.
I know it’s not us and I don’t believe it’s Creature and Alchemist is confirmed by his role. I’m not pushing anything but both of you keep bringing up Creature and no one else is.

~M
??? i mentioned creature once today, asking people to explain their hard TRs
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (isolation #54) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by The Bulge »

how is that a push? i have no read on creature, and it seems to me that the only reads people have are unexplained meta reads so it would be cool to be clued in.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (isolation #55) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 790, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 781, The Bulge wrote:
In post 777, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 769, The Bulge wrote:
:igmeou:

We’re town, so it obviously must be true. Nice shade though.

~M
I shade those i find shady. how does this post accomplish more than mine? I'm signalling to others that they should be reading more into your slot. you're just shading my shade, you feel?
I’m not tr this post. :lol:
:cool: :cool:
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (isolation #56) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by The Bulge »

fair, I haven't reread anything so my read is entirely based on your d2 play. rn im mainly just frustrated at the misreps. i super dont have the energy for explaining myself over and over again today so im gonna hit pause
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (isolation #57) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by The Bulge »

ebwop fair re:empty read on your slot
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (isolation #58) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:44 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 814, Venus and Mars wrote:Is this really the easiest game ever?

nah I'm not gonna let you use the momentum of my absence to continue this bad faith push. your entire narrative is based on faulty logic that you're trying to pass as fair reasoning. how can you in good faith produce a single town iso (where the game had many other factors, ie hoods and a plist I am familiar with), with
zero
comparison to any scum game or even a second towngame, and say that because I am acting differently I'm scum? I was confident that game because I had something to be confident about. I had a gameplan to catch notty and everything kept falling into place. why would I fake confidence here if I don't have any of that? in fact since you brought up this meta already and have been the main person keeping an eye on my slot, you don't think I would try to mimic that confidence somewhat to get you off my trail?
In post 696, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 694, The Bulge wrote:I don't see the point of bringing up the only meta read you have when the situations are entirely different, although ill concede I rarely see the point of a lot of things meta players think matter
That’s fair but that’s really all I have to go on atm. I am also fine with a mass claim.

~M
the timing with which you brought up Free Love again is also odd considering this. don't you have more to go on now?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (isolation #59) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:44 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 813, Venus and Mars wrote:I think Infinity is town. Sorry Tayl0r and Bulge but you two are the least townie and I actually think we’ve got this game solved.

As long as neither of you endgame, I don’t see how we lose.

~M
I ask again: how is this townposting in mylo?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (isolation #60) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:48 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 816, Infinity 324 wrote:I feel like bulge should be pushing the taylor TR harder. Scumbuddy indicative since he realizes taylor is probably going down anyway.
what does this mean?
In post 817, Infinity 324 wrote:taylor and the bulge are the only ones trying to question people's logic rather than coming up with their own solves
I seriously cannot fathom how it is so hard to understand why two players who have [presumably] not played with Creature would want some fucking explanation. early game everyone was talking about creature alignment. ultimately the only talking points in the thread were active=town. I don't see creature being active so I find it highly fucking questionable that planetshydra et al are completely writing off the slot.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (isolation #61) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:48 am

Post by The Bulge »

has everyone checked in since e-1?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (isolation #62) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:49 am

Post by The Bulge »

VOTE: Venus&Mars
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #832 (isolation #63) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:55 am

Post by The Bulge »

their whole progression vs me is full of hypocrisy and misreps and presenting completely at just the most convenient times
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (isolation #64) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:56 am

Post by The Bulge »

I could be wrong on infinity here
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (isolation #65) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:03 am

Post by The Bulge »

infinity seemed town to me early on but also looks complicit in v&m's narrative-pushing today. plus with an 8p game I'm inclined to trust claimed PRs so idk
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (isolation #66) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:05 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 835, Tayl0r Swift wrote:i have to say i disagree with you on W&M. krazy was kinda obvtown to me in the early stages.
I still haven't reread d1 LMAO dkm

their push today is so scummy tho and seems agenda-based the way they're pushing a me/you team from the gates.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (isolation #67) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:06 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 836, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 825, Creature wrote:
In post 819, Infinity 324 wrote:That's E-1 btw, creature you can hammer when you're ready
Guess I can't be scum with anyone but Taylor now
this is such an odd post. is creature trying to get cleared assuming that im the elim today?
wait huh
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (isolation #68) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:09 am

Post by The Bulge »

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nvm lol no way both scum are on the wagon sry

VOTE: Taylor
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #844 (isolation #69) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:12 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 743, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 740, Alchemist21 wrote:So "no reason" basically. Gamma flipped neighbor so we know it's there, I just wondered if there was a reason Taylor didn't claim to be a member.

Anyway, I think we're all in agreement on Taylor. I'm pretty much ready to vote there but I still want a solid plan for the Night Actions.

If Infinity targets Bulge and I target Creature, then if Bulge is scum Infinity dies and Creature is cleared then we know Bulge is scum. If Infinity dies but I get a guilty on Creature then Creature can't frame Bulge. This also covers the scenario of Infinity being scum because it forces him to produce a result if he's alive; if Bulge dies and I have a clear on Creature it points right to Infinity as scum.

The only 2 caveats are the existence of a scum ninja or Venus and Mars somehow being scum. For either of those to be true I'd have to be wrong on Taylor anyway.

VOTE: Taylor Swift
Yeah that is a good plan. Read wise, I prefer Bulge but unlike Tayl0r, he’s solvable where as she isn’t because of the aesthetic thing.

I also think Creature is town and wouldn’t have killed Gamma.

VOTE: Tayl0r

Sorry if it’s not you but your aesthetic role makes you the best fade.
In post 744, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 742, Infinity 324 wrote:Nothing is stopping a taylor/V&M team. Could be an S/S/T neighborhood, V&M could be lying about who was in the neighborhood. So if V&M and taylor are scum and we do your plan:

If scum kills you, me and bulge are clear and we decide between creature/V&M.
If scum kills me, creature is clear and y'all decide between bulge/V&M.

Not the end of the world imo. Personally I'm more confident in creature being town than V&M though.
UNVOTE:

Wait, why are we scum here?
oh man

yea I was not seeing the bus potential before
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (isolation #70) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:13 am

Post by The Bulge »

and the way they spent all their energy convince people I am scum while only willing to vote taylor with the reasonings that even if town it's a good info kill (lol)
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (isolation #71) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:13 am

Post by The Bulge »

wait i forgot about the hood tho huhhhhhhhh
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (isolation #72) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:14 am

Post by The Bulge »

wait LOL gamma flipped already nvmnvm
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (isolation #73) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:24 pm

Post by The Bulge »

I love 1v1ing caught scum hahaha

~M
I already talked about this, but mentioning my clear being meaningless does absolutely nothing but set up a push on me based on associatives from the flip she already knows is about to be red. the whole lead up to the vote is all the same shit
In post 741, Venus and Mars wrote:I think if either one of Tayl0r/Bulge flips red , there could be possible associatives, based on Gamma being suspicious of Derp and Tayl0r preferring Creature to Bulge.

I’ve been the most suspicious on Bulge since he replaced in.

~M
In post 743, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 740, Alchemist21 wrote:So "no reason" basically. Gamma flipped neighbor so we know it's there, I just wondered if there was a reason Taylor didn't claim to be a member.

Anyway, I think we're all in agreement on Taylor. I'm pretty much ready to vote there but I still want a solid plan for the Night Actions.

If Infinity targets Bulge and I target Creature, then if Bulge is scum Infinity dies and Creature is cleared then we know Bulge is scum. If Infinity dies but I get a guilty on Creature then Creature can't frame Bulge. This also covers the scenario of Infinity being scum because it forces him to produce a result if he's alive; if Bulge dies and I have a clear on Creature it points right to Infinity as scum.

The only 2 caveats are the existence of a scum ninja or Venus and Mars somehow being scum. For either of those to be true I'd have to be wrong on Taylor anyway.

VOTE: Taylor Swift
Yeah that is a good plan. Read wise, I prefer Bulge but unlike Tayl0r, he’s solvable where as she isn’t because of the aesthetic thing.

I also think Creature is town and wouldn’t have killed Gamma.

VOTE: Tayl0r

Sorry if it’s not you but your aesthetic role makes you the best fade.
believes the aesthetic claim wholeheartedly
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (isolation #74) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:24 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 742, Infinity 324 wrote:V&M could be lying about who was in the neighborhood
this is something I can't believe I never considered before but yea this sounds a lot more likely than a 2scum 1 town hood. that explains why taylor didn't claim the hood at first as well
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (isolation #75) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:24 pm

Post by The Bulge »

VOTE: Venus&Mars
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (isolation #76) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:26 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 855, The Bulge wrote:but mentioning my clear being meaningless does absolutely nothing
ebwop, didn't finish my thought here

a tracker clear when there are two living scum is obviously always meaningless, but the timing to mention that certainly was convenient for the flip Mars knew was about to occur
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #863 (isolation #77) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:49 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 859, Alchemist21 wrote:VOTE: Bulge

Nancy is never scum here.
how's that?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (isolation #78) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:51 am

Post by The Bulge »

Why would they start today with a naked vote on me and never engage further? how does this make sense after the night action plan failed to deliver results?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (isolation #79) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:54 am

Post by The Bulge »

it can't be creature or the game would be over.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (isolation #80) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:01 am

Post by The Bulge »

ah right
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (isolation #81) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:14 am

Post by The Bulge »

look at how different taylor treats gamma compared to the hydra slot early on. she focuses on her neighbour from the start in order to build up momentum towards when they eventually out the hood. meanwhile she interacts with her other supposed neighbour very little, and when they do interact, taylor's tone is short and unlike her tone with anyone else in this game. where better for a scumpartner to hide than in a neighbourhood s/t hood? it's pretty ridiculous to assume anyone woulf suspect a 2s/1t hood, regardless of how often or how recently its happened, it's just not something anyone is likely to push, and is easily discredited if anyone does.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (isolation #82) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:20 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 868, Alchemist21 wrote:And just to answer this, Nancy has been saying Creature and I are Town this whole time. She was never going to vote anyone else in endgame and acting surprised by it is just part of the act Bulge is selling right now to push Nancy.
I was never surprised, I've known it was them since yesterday. Creature and taylor were for sure not partners and his willingness to go along with the plan looks super not-scum as well.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (isolation #83) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:28 am

Post by The Bulge »

that's fair, I'd just expect the existence of the plan to at least be acknowledged when she's voting as if the plan implicated me.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (isolation #84) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:14 am

Post by The Bulge »

gg not my best performance hahaha

I didn't give up, just went to bed early. I was prepared to fight as long as I could. but there's no way I would have ever convinced alchemist to vote with me.

sorry tay tay! thanks boonski!
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (isolation #85) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 895, Venus and Mars wrote:It’s probably never a wise decision to falsely accuse someone of lying about being in a hood.
nah there was only so much I had to work with lol. I thought that could have been my winning argument.

if you're saying scum can't fake paraphrase hood content, then challenge accepted :P

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”