Micro 988: 09:12 [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #56 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:08 am

Post by Gimli »

Hullo! I'm happy to be playing mafia with all of you. I'm town and this message is true, trust me and I might trust you.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:36 am

Post by Gimli »

I have no idea where to go with page 1, although I'm sure it's all very alignment indicative stuff, so let me write this out. At first I really liked #14 from kyoko as a mildly town post, as she is coming right out of the gate with suspicion, but the more I read the post the less I understand where it's coming from. Why is datisi voting ythan not being "random" a bad thing? Of course it's not random as it was a reaction to something posted in the thread. I don't understand where ythan's #13 felt desperate or informed. horsewoman's #16 feels out of place as a defense of datisi's posting and it's a pretty curious thing to be defending something as 'obviously random' when the accusation of not being random doesn't mean anything in itself and the vote was a reaction to something ITT aka not random. In that light I really like #17 from ythan as it mirrors my thoughts on horsewoman's post.
In post 21, Datisi wrote:is this a bad time to butt in and say that my vote was obviously *not* random?
Exactly.

VOTE: horsewoman
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:47 am

Post by Gimli »

I'm having the most difficult time posting right now, but let's move on with page 2.
In post 25, Kyoko Kirigiri~ wrote:
In post 22, Datisi wrote:VOTE: kyoko

are you purposefully not seeing ythan's post before i voted him where he told people not to vote him?
I can very well see it

But felt like you've been opportunistic about that vote so I mentioned it

weren't you?
so this is the second time in the game up to this post that kyoko asks someone to agree with her suspicion on them. First was #20 with ythan and I had no idea what to make of it, now it's starting to feel like it's a rhetoric tool designed to make her throw suspicion at people while cushioning their response, if that makes sense.
In post 26, Horsewoman wrote:yeah, kyoko's posting is very dumb

is it scum? probably not, it's a mildly town thing to do to get the game out of RVS and create content, even if that content is very dumb
this feels made up and informed. It's like horsewoman is defending people she knows are town, so her arguments are all gross assumptions. #28 isn't a better explanation.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:50 am

Post by Gimli »

I have to go and I'm back in like 4 hours tops. As per post #28 I like ythan and maybe I dislike horsewoman and that's as far as my leans went.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:41 am

Post by Gimli »

Let me get this out of the way.
In post 26, Horsewoman wrote:yeah, kyoko's posting is very dumb

is it scum? probably not, it's a mildly town thing to do to get the game out of RVS and create content, even if that content is very dumb
In post 28, Horsewoman wrote:i apologise if that looked like a personal attack. i don't even think your posts came from a place of being dumb, i think you were just grasping for something to move out of RVS with. which as i said is a good and mildly town thing to do.
If horsewoman doesn't think kyoko's posting is even dumb to begin with, then she has no reason to say 'yeah kyoko's posting is very dumb'. the wording doesn't help a different interpretation other than she is making up things on the fly to sound solvey.

I can't grasp anything out of kyoko's arguments on page 2 that's AI either way and datisi's #45 resonate with me in that aspect.

(bbiab)
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:56 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 59, Kyoko Kirigiri~ wrote: hi Gimli! It's been so long ^.^
hello :mrgreen:
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:30 am

Post by Gimli »

can't post properly anymore today but my thought processes are completely independent and have nothing to do with kyoko's posts
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Gimli »

it's defensive - a defense from your implications, I thought you would know where it came from, so it seems to me you're playing dumb.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Gimli »

I'm not in your head
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:47 am

Post by Gimli »

@gamma: to be clear, kyoko isn't horsewoman's original bandwagoner and the only person following her in any sense was me cause my vote came after her vote in thread. so you implied me with your posts anyway, and then when I had to respond something cause you forced that you were like 'idk where that response came from'. but you do and #84 is proof. that's why I said you were playing dumb, cause you were.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Gimli »

I need to stop opening this game or I can't do anything. I'm here tomorrow xoxo
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Gimli »

Hullo! Hope you're all having a wonderful day. I have some thoughts on page 4 so let's get that out of the way now.
In post 90, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like despite not voting Super Bowl qualifies as a bandwagoner. He essentially passed the buck to Kyoko on qualifying that read.I feel like that comes from scum more often than not, really. But your response kinda seemed like you thought I was homing in on you with that, so I felt like you deserved voting. I feel like the honest thing to do was to press me on who I felt it was. I’m not dead set rn, but I think until further notice I’ll keep my vote where it’s at.
So in a nutshell, you were not implying me specifically but me and one other player who didn't even vote horsewoman to begin with, and then you acted surprised when I correctly read you were talking about me and defended myself. You were even quoting me and horsewoman and going 'hm', and you think I need to ask who you're referring to, otherwise I'll look 'defensive' and deserving of votes. That's disingenuous.

Still on page 4, I think #75-80-91-99 from bugspray are pretty towny thoughts unlikely to be replicated well by scum. There's everything here: farfetched theory on why kyoko is scum, followed by a bunch of associative reads that can't possibly be any good this early but make sense, like horsewoman and kyoko are not SvS etc. #80 is excited about a <<<PoE>>> from gamma's 'people pushing horsewoman after kyoko are scum', and then #91 is calling gamma and kyoko possible partners. I can see a theory bouncing around bugspray's head as they are trying to make sense of everything. #99 shows bugspray is actively scumhunting. Creates a theory, talks it out, follows a different guess.

I like kyoko in this page as well, especially the way she is approaching bugspray, picking up things in his scumread of hers that she likes and trying to talk it out accordingly, instead of antagonizing or ignoring it. The arguments themselves don't feel either way for me, but the emotions are towny.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:46 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 106, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 95, Kyoko Kirigiri~ wrote:also forgot to respond to this
In post 74, Gamma Emerald wrote:Page 1:
Kyoko I know you have your
detective
thing you do but can you not turn the entire game into that? It reads as forced when you’re looking at early joke posts like they’re hard evidence.
I'm actually sad that you're the only one who realized the "role play" I was doing :lol: The thing is I'm not that far from the character personally. I will promise to not let it become confusing or forced though.
yeah I hope you enjoyed the spoiler text reference. I do agree with horsewoman that it's town you tried to inject that mindset into the game.
The way Gamma is approaching Kyoko upsets me. He opened the game with that throwaway 'can you not play investigator' post in her direction, and now he decided to townread her for her roleplay, when there's so much more content to evaluate her with. It doesn't feel like a legitimate stance on page 5.

I like datisi and ythan on this page and in general. I agree with kyoko's stance on datisi that he seems unbiased and transparent. I share at least some of the impressions datisi had e.g. when he put bugspray as town in a page where bugspray is towny. I like the way ythan is pressuring horsewoman and I've been in agreement with his thoughts on that since very early. These are all impressions from memory and this page and are pending a re-read and more stuff from them.

#109 from horsewoman is scummy. I don't buy how strongly she is acting around that bugspray's #75. Saying that her and kyoko are 'probably tvt' looks wrong and she is still repeating all that stuff about kyoko playing up a gimmick, which is lacking nuance at this point. kyoko is doing so much more than playing a gimmick, but horsewoman and gamma have wrapped up the slot on that - which is not even alignment indicative - and keep mentioning it as proper reason for a townread.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (isolation #13) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:49 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 128, bugspray wrote: I bet the gimli player has a H*lu subscription
Never had one!
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (isolation #14) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:49 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 129, bugspray wrote:Gamma feels rather appease-y and to be crawling around like a sneaky spider waiting for someone to enter the net than someone actively trying up find scum
yes.

bugpsray is my top town
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (isolation #15) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:50 am

Post by Gimli »

gamma is specially appease-y towards kyoko. I wonder when will she start reacting to it.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:56 am

Post by Gimli »

VOTE: gamma emmerald
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:35 pm

Post by Gimli »

Hullo! Hope you're all having a great day.

I see we have a new player. Welcome tris!

UNVOTE:

I'll be catching up with those pages as the day progresses...
In post 183, superbowl9 wrote:Also viking person you can use instead of #1 and I will actually be able to follow what you're saying
I'm a dwarf! A common misconception I suppose. And yes thank you, I'll try doing that.

page 8 is horrible.
In post 200, Datisi wrote:i'm finding ythan's ~annoyance~ (idk if that's the right word here but i'm using it) quoting posts that go unanswered gut townie

ythan, do you have any townreads?
datisi uses curious words sometimes, and I'm sure this can be totally player dependant but there's a lot of little adjectives and question marks in his posts that seem designed to make whatever he is saying weaker and therefore non-commital. Like here he is calling ythan's posts 'gut' townie and I find the placing of the word 'gut' to be artificially put there. In the page before it he adds a question mark to a sentence that was supposed to be affirmative. There are many other examples of this behaviour. Having said that I don't disagree with the stance on ythan so there's that.
In post 231, Gamma Emerald wrote:
intent to L-1 the slime collective

My gut tells me this sort of non-content is scum indicative.
this feels opportunistic in a slimy manner. I never saw anyone posting intent to l-1 before...
In post 234, Horsewoman wrote:
In post 231, Gamma Emerald wrote:
intent to L-1 the slime collective

My gut tells me this sort of non-content is scum indicative.
I don't think this is remotely true? Like scum who have their shit together don't transparently do nothing as Slime is doing, they sort of sneakily do nothing. I don't think inactivity or a lack of contributions is alignment indicative at all. If we can't find a better lynch at the end of the day than "get rid of the guy who isn't doing anything" then sure, but we have time to find something better than that.
And then this defense is really scummy. I feel this conversation contains scum a great % of the time.

and then gamma's #235 is bringing up meta on slime, so it was not a gutread when he posted 'intent'.

And I'm back in a bit...
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:41 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 256, Ythan wrote:
In post 245, Horsewoman wrote:Also like, sorry for not reading your every post and answering your multitudinous questions (that lead nowhere) quickly enough? Both inside and outside of this game I have more useful things to do.
This is a real bad response lol.
how so?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (isolation #19) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:43 pm

Post by Gimli »

ythan is making horsewoman appear towny in page 10
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (isolation #20) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:46 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 335, Gimli wrote:ythan is making horsewoman appear towny in page 11
FMPBWOQ or something.

I like kyoko's recent posting quite a lot and I'm all caught up
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (isolation #21) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:20 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 338, bugspray wrote:Gimli we are townbloc
:up: :idea:

<bugspray, kyoko>

<ythan>
<datisi>

are varying townreads.

<superbowl, slime>

are nullreads. I liked superbowl's interaction with gamma and I don't think slime showed themselves either way yet. I find it curious that what is supposedly an account made up of more than one player can do so very little, but the way they decided to be obtuse isn't striking me in any direction.

<horsewoman, tris>

are scumreads.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (isolation #22) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:05 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 344, bugspray wrote:
In post 341, The Slime Collective wrote:
In post 231, Gamma Emerald wrote:My gut tells me this sort of non-content is scum indicative.
Which sort of non-content do you not find scum indicative?
-Black
I think quoting a player who replaced out with a direct question that plenty of people have already answered before might make people have serious concerns about your alignment
Yup, I think this is scumtelling. the new player was posting in the current page so there's no way slime didn't see that, which means he probably asked a question knowing he'll only get an answer after the game is over. also the question itself was leading nowhere surely.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (isolation #23) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 359, The Slime Collective wrote:
In post 333, Gimli wrote:this feels opportunistic in a slimy manner.
I feel offended.
-Black
that wasn't even about you

-Gimli
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (isolation #24) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 367, Datisi wrote:
In post 333, Gimli wrote:
In post 200, Datisi wrote:i'm finding ythan's ~annoyance~ (idk if that's the right word here but i'm using it) quoting posts that go unanswered gut townie

ythan, do you have any townreads?
datisi uses curious words sometimes, and I'm sure this can be totally player dependant but there's a lot of little adjectives and question marks in his posts that seem designed to make whatever he is saying weaker and therefore non-commital. Like here he is calling ythan's posts 'gut' townie and I find the placing of the word 'gut' to be artificially put there. In the page before it he adds a question mark to a sentence that was supposed to be affirmative. There are many other examples of this behaviour. Having said that I don't disagree with the stance on ythan so there's that.
yeah, i'm calling them gut townie because i don't actually
think
they're townie - there's nothing "logically" townie about a person passively-aggressively quoting their own unanswered question, because that's a decently easy thing for scum to fake. that's exactly why it's gut townie: i understand this action is relatively easily fakeable and not hard evidence for anything, but my gut/subconscious/intuition/whatever is telling me that it's not fake, that it's a genuine townie reaction. and as A Gut Player(tm), that's p much the basis of how i work.

similar thing with punctuation - i have a certain way of speaking when giving my thoughts on something, and i feel like that's the best way for it to be translated into writing. don't mistake it for being non-committal, i'm standing behind every post i make.

do you think it's scummy? how's it playing into your read on me?
I think it can be scummy. nobody expects you to have an objective townread based on real evidence, of course all you're doing here comes down to using intuition, so using the word 'gut' does nothing but diminish the strength of the thing you're saying. there are other examples of you doing something that I interpreted as exactly that but if you want I can elaborate tomorrow. this feeling I'm getting from your posts is weakening my townread of your slot. I've been liking the points you're making while disliking the way you're making them
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (isolation #25) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:22 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 368, Datisi wrote:
In post 338, bugspray wrote:Gimli we are townbloc
i am also interested in hearing about this :?: (if/when you can.)
In post 339, Gimli wrote:<horsewoman, tris>

are scumreads.
why did you unvote tris, then?
she replaced in. her placement there is because of gamma.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (isolation #26) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:55 pm

Post by Gimli »

Good morning my friends, hope you're having a great weekend.
In post 377, Kyoko Kirigiri~ wrote:
In post 333, Gimli wrote:I never saw anyone posting intent to l-1 before...
wait what?
I've seen intent to hammer and people announcing l-1 before, but never announcing intent to l-1. It feels like gamma was trying to give himself room to move a vote there so the entire post feels artificial.
In post 380, Kyoko Kirigiri~ wrote:
In post 335, Gimli wrote:ythan is making horsewoman appear towny in page 10
How so? can you elaborate on this one cause I'm reading page 10 and I can't "find" anything relating to what you said here.
page 11 actually, I fixed my post by way of editing afterwards. ythan was being harsh and she looked good in their interaction.
In post 385, tris wrote:
In post 373, Gimli wrote:I've been liking the points you're making while disliking the way you're making them
sounds like an issue with playstyle
we'll see.
In post 388, tris wrote:
In post 333, Gimli wrote: page 8 is horrible.
elaborate?
it's cluttered with posts that are NAI or hard to read.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (isolation #27) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:09 am

Post by Gimli »

I'm enjoying tris in this game, especially how organically her thoughts on horsewoman built on page 17 + her vote on top of 18.

I'm also starting to like superbowl.
In post 441, Datisi wrote: ???
what gives you the impression that i'm trying to diminish the strength of what i'm posting about?? i'm calling it a gut take because that's what it is, a gut take. that does not mean i'm trying to make it somehow appear less strong??? like probably over 95% of my reads as town are gut based, i very much take them seriously, so if you're liking the points i'm making, what is the problem???
we're not going anywhere with this as you've decided you don't want to understand where I'm coming from, but look at what you're saying here: if 95% of your reads as town are gut based, then the last thing you need to do is use that word in order to qualify any of your reads.
In post 443, Datisi wrote: and that did not change the slot's alignment?
it's in good manner to unvote the player who just replaced in to give them room and also to reevaluate the slot accordingly.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (isolation #28) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:15 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 455, Horsewoman wrote:I do like tris's entry into the game. It can be hard for scum to replace in and look like they're genuinely trying to catch up. Tris's entry looks pretty good to me. And she hasn't gone with the easy wagon on Slime and instead she's trying to ask questions and achieve something different, which I like from her (obviously this read is kind of dependent on slime flipping town which might not happen)
this is exactly how I feel about tris and I'm glad someone is pointing it out in a much better way than I could.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (isolation #29) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:22 am

Post by Gimli »

intent to hammer
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (isolation #30) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:03 am

Post by Gimli »

you almost gave me a heart attack now
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (isolation #31) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:04 am

Post by Gimli »

anyway I need a nap and I'm back later
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (isolation #32) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Gimli »

I didn't say you shouldn't, I said you don't need to, and I expanded the way I could on why the qualifier you used for the read only works in diminishing it's strength. If that was the only time you did something like that I wouldn't mention it, but it was at least happening frequently enough back when you called ythan 'gut' townie.

nice hot takes.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (isolation #33) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Gimli »

so slime's been online, huh.

@slime come here to claim so we can move on with our lives.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (isolation #34) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Gimli »

it's my beard
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (isolation #35) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:25 pm

Post by Gimli »

Hullo! Good morning my friends, hope you all have a great week ahead. Time is even more of a constraint today, as I'm ready to go off and can only post again in this game tomorrow.
In post 505, Kyoko Kirigiri~ wrote:
In post 440, The Slime Collective wrote:Horsewoman. I like push on gamma, since I pushed gamma for the same reason. I don't like the fact that she stopped posting posts with content. I will go with null.
~Batslime
I dont understand this post. Is this some sort of poor pretending that they dont know gamma is replaced right after they unvoting that slot for tris content?
It appears that what they're saying is that the thing they liked about horsewoman was pushing gamma for similar reasons they did it and it's unrelated to the fact gamma replaced out. However, that sort of acting ignorant on purpose happened with TSC earlier when they were asking gamma something after he already clearly replaced out and TSC was supposedly aware of that.

agree with kyoko about horsewoman's vote on #470 being weirdly phrased.
In post 524, tris wrote: the posts being dumb is not the same as the post coming from a place of the person who made them being dumb, so i don't think there's a contradiction here. this plus not seeing how horsewoman is scummy on page 1, doesn't give me confidence that this is a real scumread.
I never said it was a contradiction. I implied it was disingenuous, which is something else entirely. What I think horsewoman did there was qualify kyoko's posts as dumb so that horsewoman herself can go ahead and defend it as not the same as scummy because she is taking the game out of RVS, to then argue it isn't even dumb because it's taking the game out of RVS.

as for page 1, I don't remember ever talking anything about those posts horsewoman made and I think nothing of them.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (isolation #36) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:48 pm

Post by Gimli »

I have no time to evaluate horsewoman's case on superbowl properly, but on a surface I think it's pretty shallow and the points are really unfair. a lot of what she is claiming is contentless doesn't appear to be so, and it boils down to superbowl being a little too wordy in a couple of posts that are NAI and easy to manufacture as scum. It does look like a power move from scum to try and save slime by redirecting heat somewhere else. some of horsewoman's other posting - especially to and about tris - have townpinged me, so there's that.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (isolation #37) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:51 pm

Post by Gimli »

slime hasn't posted in nearly two days but was around yesterday. they're running from this game because they're frozen, and they're frozen because they're scum.

VOTE: the slime collective that's back to L-1
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (isolation #38) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:06 am

Post by Gimli »

Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (isolation #39) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:29 am

Post by Gimli »

Hullo my friends! We had an unfortunate yeet, but that is life.

I'll be re-reading the game with the knowledge of the flips in the next couple of days. I had periods on d1 where I was townreading every single player left at least partially, so I know my reads were kaputt and I must pay more attention to stuff.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (isolation #40) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:37 am

Post by Gimli »

page 1 stuff:
In post 13, Ythan wrote:Ah fuck that's pretty predictable isn't it.
I can now see what kyoko saw and it's much easier now that I know she is town in her entrance. There is a feeling of jumping anxiety coming out of this post. 'Ah fuck' feels annoyed with the vote.
In post 16, Horsewoman wrote:it didn't feel random? obviously it was a random joke vote in response to ythan's comment.
Horsewoman is right and is also defending the less scummy of the datisi-ythan interaction. I maintain there is nothing scummy about this at all.
In post 17, Ythan wrote:It sounds like you're making a few assumptions about Datisi there.

VOTE: Horsewoman

What makes you so confident?
So easy to say that horsewoman is making 'assumptions', and yet it's not the case at all.

fuck can't post bbl
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (isolation #41) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:42 am

Post by Gimli »

I just realised I've been misreading that horsewoman post. I thought 'it didn't feel random?' meant she didn't think it was random so disregard that part.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (isolation #42) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:42 am

Post by Gimli »

she is making assumptions there. ok.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (isolation #43) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Gimli »

In fact I've been misreading that horsewoman post for about a week
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (isolation #44) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Gimli »

I'm back tomorrow with a proper re-read
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (isolation #45) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:03 am

Post by Gimli »

got a window of time to rebuild this read.
In post 16, Horsewoman wrote:it didn't feel random? obviously it was a random joke vote in response to ythan's comment.
at some point during d1 I either forgot or misread this as meaning horsewoman understanding the post wasn't random. I started the day trying to rush the re-read and ythan looked wrong in the interaction. The fact is, horsewoman is making a few assumptions there and ythan is right to be pointing that out.

And speaking of making assumptions, there's this post on page 2 I missed:
In post 37, Horsewoman wrote:I obviously don't know you as a person. But that post reads like an attempt to backtrack for me. You have spent 2 pages explaining why you initially had a scumread based on 'opportunism' and now ypure like 'lol it isnt even a scumtell'
When kyoko never called it a scumread. This looks like an artificial argument just so she can point to an apparent contradiction when there isn't any.

Ok now I must leave.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (isolation #46) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:22 pm

Post by Gimli »

Hullo my friends! I wish you all a great weekend ahead.
In post 620, tris wrote:that false Y-2 by superbowl was awful, and while town can make mistakes, there's a pretty good chance of superbowl being mafia anyway. and he had good motive to do that because he might have noticed that i was starting to reconsider on horsewoman, and the vote might have turned around on him.
wow so you're blaming superbowl? how so? do you think he could predict someone was going to buy it was l-2 and hammer horsewoman?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (isolation #47) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:35 pm

Post by Gimli »

bugspray's hammer is so much worse than superbowl's L-2. anyone can lose count, but not checking before you put a L-1 vote when the gameday had two pages is really something else. the phrasing used to put a vote there is so artificial. he took the easiest argument to pile on horsewoman for, went 'and you don't?' and then fucking hammered. If superbowl did what he did on purpose as part of a scheme, then they're both scum and we should eliminate bugspray first. I'll feel really stupid if we somehow get endgamed by this.

btw horsewoman did nothing wrong by hammering TSC. we spent 5 days going back and forth with it and it was a fair elim to make that most players were getting behind. I know for a fact there had to be scum in that wagon, and given datisi is the only player left that's not me and didn't participate in it, and given how much of a travesty that eliminate was, I have peace of mind on solving the game inside <tris, bugs, superbowl> and I'm fine with losing to datisi if that is wrong.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (isolation #48) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:42 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 598, tris wrote:
In post 574, Gimli wrote:
In post 524, tris wrote: the posts being dumb is not the same as the post coming from a place of the person who made them being dumb, so i don't think there's a contradiction here. this plus not seeing how horsewoman is scummy on page 1, doesn't give me confidence that this is a real scumread.
I never said it was a contradiction. I implied it was disingenuous, which is something else entirely. What I think horsewoman did there was qualify kyoko's posts as dumb so that horsewoman herself can go ahead and defend it as not the same as scummy because she is taking the game out of RVS, to then argue it isn't even dumb because it's taking the game out of RVS.
i don't understand. you're saying she called the post dumb so that she could say they're not dumb? intentionally making an attack to turn around and defend it?
as for page 1, I don't remember ever talking anything about those posts horsewoman made and I think nothing of them.

In post 596, Datisi wrote: hot take of the night? VOTE: tris
heh.
I should respond to this. Indeed I forgot and then started interpreting in the wrongest possible way what horsewoman was doing on page 1. My brain will do that sometimes.

As to what my interpretation of the 'dumb' posts were, as pointless as it is to talk about it now but assuming your questioning is real and you're not pretending not to understand, then yes I thought she was intentionally giving kyoko a hard adjective just to turn around and say 'well that isn't scummy though', and as I said before I thought she was 'making shit up' and being disingenuous, not making a contradiction which was what you accused me of suggesting.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (isolation #49) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:45 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 603, tris wrote:huh. i just had a thought that maybe i'll share later
this is a good time to share it.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (isolation #50) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:46 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 626, Gimli wrote: btw horsewoman did nothing wrong by hammering TSC. we spent 5 days going back and forth with it and it was a fair elim to make that most players were getting behind. I know for a fact there had to be scum in that wagon, and given datisi is the only player left that's not me and didn't participate in it, and given how much of a travesty that eliminate was, I have peace of mind on solving the game inside <tris, bugs, superbowl> and I'm fine with losing to datisi if that is wrong.
ugh 'that wagon' refers to horsewoman's wagon, not TSC's wagon.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (isolation #51) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:50 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 602, tris wrote:
In post 600, Horsewoman wrote:Gimlis post convinced me to do it
how did it do that
didn't my post had an argument with it? why wouldn't it?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (isolation #52) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:58 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 621, bugspray wrote:
In post 620, tris wrote:why would
we
rolecop someone who be a likely yeet?
WHO?
scumslip?
In post 623, tris wrote:you really thought that was a scumslip?
now that looks more like scum theatre than superbowl-bugs. 'you really thought that was a scumslip?', followed by nothing of course.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (isolation #53) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:59 pm

Post by Gimli »

of course thinking that's a scumslip is really alarming.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (isolation #54) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:07 pm

Post by Gimli »

at the end of day 1, me and datisi were suggesting horsewoman+TSC as a possible scumteam, rightly so, for me given the way horsewoman tried to sway from TSC to superbowl, and for datisi as how she turned to hammer TSC after being one of the most vocal opposers to it.

come day 2, datisi is pointing at a different direction completely, ignoring the hammer as we all should have, but the thread is still running with the implications from late day 1, as if horsewoman hammer was still damning when the bigger picture is that she was resistant to it and tried to push the thread state somewhere else.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (isolation #55) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:08 pm

Post by Gimli »

both superbowl and bugspray were in TSC's wagon, and then started pushing horsewoman for the hammer the next day (and were in that wagon too).
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (isolation #56) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:10 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 125, superbowl9 wrote:Okay upon actually reading horsewoman's ISO they were not as bad as I thought they were I remove fos. Moving on to VOTE: bugspray

pedit @gamma: ah yes "my tell works trust me bro" - and tbf one of the times you were scum, but maybe after this game consider that maybe it's just my posting style pings you or something? Because your current process is not working out very well :D
do you remember why you voted bugspray here?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (isolation #57) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:13 pm

Post by Gimli »

superbowl and bugspray interacted A LOT, but it was mostly mild, fluffy stuff. easy to hide behind such interactions.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (isolation #58) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:15 pm

Post by Gimli »

horsewoman wasn't that wrong about superbowl's contentless posts...
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (isolation #59) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:18 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 369, Datisi wrote:bugspray is town and y'all can thank me later

slime deserves to eat rope

cheers.
@datisi are you still reading bugspray as town?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (isolation #60) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:24 pm

Post by Gimli »

wow you all have partner equity, probably because there wasn't a d2 to play
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (isolation #61) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:26 pm

Post by Gimli »

signing up for this was a mistake. maybe I have elements to solve the game, but that requires me to sit down everyday and work in this thread, and with no d2 to play the thread is so dry. this is so hard.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (isolation #62) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:36 pm

Post by Gimli »

I can't afford to obsess too hard over this. all I can do is ask of you who is town who is reading this, to trust that I'm town and to find me so that maybe I can find you, so that maybe we can move this game to f3 and have a shot at winning. I've been here every day waking up to this and trying, and I know there's a fair share of elements to townread me for if you try.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (isolation #63) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:38 pm

Post by Gimli »

and with that I'm gone for now.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (isolation #64) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:44 pm

Post by Gimli »

I saw that - I even saw what TSC did in thread - and I'm really sorry, but what does that have anything to do with my post?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (isolation #65) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:48 pm

Post by Gimli »

btw I keep misgendering you from time to time when I'm not aware of what I'm typing, I noticed this just happened again and it's my bad.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (isolation #66) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:52 pm

Post by Gimli »

oh now I see what you mean. I'm really sorry.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (isolation #67) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:27 pm

Post by Gimli »

VOTE: bugspray

Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (isolation #68) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:28 pm

Post by Gimli »

GG
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (isolation #69) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:28 pm

Post by Gimli »

wow my heart is actually jumping

waking up to this was thrilling lol I need a minute
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (isolation #70) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:31 pm

Post by Gimli »

in the first rand I was VT, that made me happy
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (isolation #71) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:51 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 697, bugspray wrote:remember that everyone posting one time doesn't mean we are in a stable spot yet. it's possible (but unlikely) that super and I are both town and the scum just hasn't coordinated a double tap yet
word
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (isolation #72) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Gimli »

datisi is so nervous in his private thread, damn. I'm glad he wasn't writing that stuff out to me in our hideout lol
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (isolation #73) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:49 am

Post by Gimli »

thanks for hosting umlaut! Winning is always good. Better luck next time for everyone else :)
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (isolation #74) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Gimli »

curiously I was forming a plan to counterclaim tracker if you claimed anything, that would've been exciting

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”