Micro 1010: Divide and Conquer: Round 2 - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1032 (isolation #200) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:28 am

Post by Lukewarm »

VOTE: Vanders
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1034 (isolation #201) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:35 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 987, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 982, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 981, Hopkirk wrote:nah, i asked if
you
thought you were playing differently. i've asked that a bunch of times in the past, there it was with intent to bear in mind your response
This is false.
In post 356, Hopkirk wrote:
lukewarm seems really really different to all of his other games
. what's up with that luke?
You did not ask me if I thought I was playing differently, you accused me of being "really really different"
No comment here?
Hopkirk, did you ever respond to this?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1042 (isolation #202) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:44 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1039, GuiltyLion wrote:it gives me this uneasy feeling that something is terribly wrong with this game
Oh look, the reason why I like my hopkirk case.

I still think that bingle purposefully tanked his hopkirk push with post , and I am just asking myself why.

I do not think that Bingle tanking himself helped either you or Marci (or me for that matter) in any way.

However, at the time that he did it, you, marci and norwee were all on the Vanders wagon, and me and Dunn were both pushing for hopkirk.
Spoiler:
for completeness, Not_Mafia, hopkirk, and Vanders were all on Bingle, so tanking himself would not have been because of them/spoiler]
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1045 (isolation #203) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1043, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1007, marcistar wrote:
In post 986, Lukewarm wrote:I think that one of us absolutely needs to go. Me and you both making it to Elo sounds like a nightmare for town tbh.
i think u rlly need to like... do sumn else for a bit and come back with a fresher pair of eyes.
if ur both town this will lead to failure probs.
This is also kinda weird, I don't see how Lukewarm-Hopkirk both being town leads to failure at this juncture

like the failure state for town!marci has to be that she gets eliminated and the wrong one in Vanders/GL gets eliminated, right? I don't think either scum!GL or scum!Vanders have put themselves in a position to capitalize on Lukewarm-Hop TvT
Funny enough, this exact quote you grabbed is what pulled me back to "Marci is town."

I literally outlined how scum could win this game - leave me and hopkirk for the Elo, and win when I vote hopkirk.

Several people said that they did not think hopkirk was scum, but Marci took the extra step of trying to talk me out of tunneling on Hopkirk, both here and in the neighborhood chat.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1047 (isolation #204) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1046, Hopkirk wrote:UNVOTE: Vanders
UNVOTE: Vanders

What we thinking about here boss?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1052 (isolation #205) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1049, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 1039, GuiltyLion wrote:maaaan I haaaate this gamestate

all three of {marci, vanders, GL} are gonna say/have said to elim the other two and it's really hard for me to tell whether marci/vanders are being disingenuous here because it's exactly what they likely would be saying as either alignment, and I'm struggling to figure out a way to solve in the two because it's a solo scum remaining and neither is notably poor as scum from what I can tell.

I do think Vanders' associatives with Bingle's are better than marci's, the main reason I was locked on him D2 is because I think his were almost
too
good and therefore more likely to be manufactured. But at the same time I can't help but feel marci was certainly more reluctant to vote Bingle, and Bingle also seemed more willing to vote Vanders than marci.

it gives me this uneasy feeling that something is terribly wrong with this game
I definitely think there's a nonzero chance that either Luke or hopkirk is scum, I don't think either of them is lock town.
I just played a game with hopkirk where a lot of the thread was pretty scummy, and hopkirk was sort of chilling and being aggressively null the entire time, but never really on anyone's radar because there were scummier people, so it wouldn't blow my mind if something similar is happening.

I do think this game is different because in that game he really had no good reactions regarding his partner (I'm not including his vote as a "good interaction") whereas here he does.

Since I do think you are towny I'm more happy with a "vote Marci and then evaluate" plan than just wanting to kill you both in either order, I'd be pretty unhappy with killing you today even if I somehow knew I wouldn't get killed tomorrow because Marci is someone who I don't feel super good about being scum, but she's just given me really no reason to actually read anything she's done this game as towny so it's going to be pretty hard to not kill her in a final three.
Curious about this. You say that neither me or hopkirk are "lock town," but that GL is towny?

How would you rank the 3 of us?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1054 (isolation #206) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

@Vanders
In post 1052, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1049, Vanderscamp wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1039, GuiltyLion wrote:maaaan I haaaate this gamestate

all three of {marci, vanders, GL} are gonna say/have said to elim the other two and it's really hard for me to tell whether marci/vanders are being disingenuous here because it's exactly what they likely would be saying as either alignment, and I'm struggling to figure out a way to solve in the two because it's a solo scum remaining and neither is notably poor as scum from what I can tell.

I do think Vanders' associatives with Bingle's are better than marci's, the main reason I was locked on him D2 is because I think his were almost
too
good and therefore more likely to be manufactured. But at the same time I can't help but feel marci was certainly more reluctant to vote Bingle, and Bingle also seemed more willing to vote Vanders than marci.

it gives me this uneasy feeling that something is terribly wrong with this game
I definitely think there's a nonzero chance that either Luke or hopkirk is scum, I don't think either of them is lock town.
I just played a game with hopkirk where a lot of the thread was pretty scummy, and hopkirk was sort of chilling and being aggressively null the entire time, but never really on anyone's radar because there were scummier people, so it wouldn't blow my mind if something similar is happening.

I do think this game is different because in that game he really had no good reactions regarding his partner (I'm not including his vote as a "good interaction") whereas here he does.

Since I do think you are towny I'm more happy with a "vote Marci and then evaluate" plan than just wanting to kill you both in either order, I'd be pretty unhappy with killing you today even if I somehow knew I wouldn't get killed tomorrow because Marci is someone who I don't feel super good about being scum, but she's just given me really no reason to actually read anything she's done this game as towny so it's going to be pretty hard to not kill her in a final three.
Curious about this. You say that neither me or hopkirk are "lock town," but that GL is towny?

How would you rank the 3 of us?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1058 (isolation #207) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Am I just biased for Marci?

Literally every other player this game has said that marci was scummy [except for Bingle lmao] but then I am not seeing it
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1059 (isolation #208) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I really feel like Marci trying to talk me out of suspecting Hopkirk seems town (same for GL btw, but to a lesser extent).

Spoiler:
In post 973, marcistar wrote: i dont really think hes scum, the way hes been replying doesnt feel like it to me.
In post 969, Lukewarm wrote:I think that this post was designed to ensure that his push on Hopkirk never went through
(thinking emoji here)
i like ur points sis, but i dont agree with a hopkirk sus :cry:
In post 974, Lukewarm wrote:It was a fake push designed to fail, so that everyone would townbin hopkirk (which everyone did).
thats not why i've been townreading hopkirk but alright
In post 986, Lukewarm wrote:I think that one of us absolutely needs to go. Me and you both making it to Elo sounds like a nightmare for town tbh.
i think u rlly need to like... do sumn else for a bit and come back with a fresher pair of eyes.
In post 1044, marcistar wrote:
In post 1043, GuiltyLion wrote:like the failure state for town!marci has to be that she gets eliminated and the wrong one in Vanders/GL gets eliminated, right? I don't think either scum!GL or scum!Vanders have put themselves in a position to capitalize on Lukewarm-Hop TvT
:cry: hes gonna tunnel on him and i dont want that
In post 121, marcistar wrote:
In post 118, Lukewarm wrote:Also, can you drop your hopkirk town case in here before the new day starts?
I forget where exactly I started thinking it, but I realized that his replies didn't really seem off.. like when i took a step back and just looked at how he interacted with other people, it seemed like hes a townie (if im understanding him and his style right..) its like a vibe read but more advanced than my viberead i had on dunnstral :cool:
Spoiler:
in the main thread
-even tho i don't quite understand the post 307 doesn't really seem like it has any bad intentions, and it just seems like townie questioning something.
-356 his thingy on u seems genuine (like he wants to solve u)
-372, thats alot of work he put in there.. i don't think scum would've done that.
This all screamed "townie who does not want to lose because Luke tunnels" to me.

And then I compare that to Vanders over here, leaving the door open for Day 4 with a
In post 1049, Vanderscamp wrote:I definitely think there's a nonzero chance that either Luke or hopkirk is scum, I don't think either of them is lock town.
Which looks much more like someone who is making it look like he could reasonably side with me Day 4 when I tunnel Hopkirk.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1060 (isolation #209) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I also find that quote interesting given that he has hopkirk higher on his townie list then I am
In post 1055, Vanderscamp wrote: Hopkirk
Luke
GL
Marci
Like, why is he leaving so much "but maybe this could actually be hopkirk" behind in his iso, if hopkirk really is his strongest TR, unless it is to fall back on it and egg me on to tunnel Hopkirk tomorrow?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1061 (isolation #210) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

VOTE: Vanders
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1064 (isolation #211) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1062, Vanderscamp wrote: I don't expect a final three of you me and hopkirk.
Do you?
And if I was in it I would vote you over him.
If we vote for Marci today (which is what you were pushing for) then that is the exact line up I expect for tomorrow.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1067 (isolation #212) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1065, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 1060, Lukewarm wrote:I also find that quote interesting given that he has hopkirk higher on his townie list then I am
In post 1055, Vanderscamp wrote: Hopkirk
Luke
GL
Marci
Like, why is he leaving so much "but maybe this could actually be hopkirk" behind in his iso, if hopkirk really is his strongest TR, unless it is to fall back on it and egg me on to tunnel Hopkirk tomorrow?
What do you mean so much? The only time I talked about hopkirk being scum recently I explained why I think he's different from the game I just played with him when he was scum.
But I also don't think hopkirk is lock town and I'm not going to pretend otherwise.
I should not have said "so much." Will retract.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1068 (isolation #213) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1063, Vanderscamp wrote:I don't expect a final three of you me and hopkirk.
Do you?
And if I was in one I'd vote you over him.
In post 1065, Vanderscamp wrote:But I also don't think hopkirk is lock town and I'm not going to pretend otherwise.
This feels contradictory to me.

You have me and hopkirk as your top two town reads, and if you were in a 3 man elo with me and hopkirk, you are confidently saying that you would be voting me there.

But then you are also saying that hopkirk is not "lock town" and "it wouldn't blow your mind if" he is the scum here.

What does it mean for someone to be "lock town" if not that you would not vote them in any 3 man elo combination?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1072 (isolation #214) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I would just like to point out that I made a case against Hopkirk, and I made a big show of it. It became a big topic of discussion in the thread.

Hopkirk commented and told me I was wrong.
Marci commented and told me I was wrong.
Guilty Lion commented and told me I was wrong.
Not_Mafia lightly commentated on reading it and made it clear that he did not believe it.
Dunn died before he could comment on it
and I am still salty about that

And then there is Vanders. He has not mentioned it once. Even when asked to talk about me post .

And not only did he not comment on it directly, he left a short comment about not being surprised if Hopkirk were the scum this game.

Literally every player in the game seems to be trying to keep me from tunneling Hopkirk except Vanders.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1074 (isolation #215) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1073, Vanderscamp wrote: I'm pretty sure you're misquoting my thoughts on hopkirk because it's definitely not true that I wouldn't be surprised if he were scum.
This is what I was referring to
In post 1049, Vanderscamp wrote:I definitely think there's a nonzero chance that either Luke or hopkirk is scum, I don't think either of them is lock town.
I just played a game with hopkirk where a lot of the thread was pretty scummy, and hopkirk was sort of chilling and being aggressively null the entire time, but never really on anyone's radar because there were scummier people,
so it wouldn't blow my mind if something similar is happening.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1077 (isolation #216) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1075, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 1074, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1073, Vanderscamp wrote: I'm pretty sure you're misquoting my thoughts on hopkirk because it's definitely not true that I wouldn't be surprised if he were scum.
This is what I was referring to
I just played a game with hopkirk where a lot of the thread was pretty scummy, and hopkirk was sort of chilling and being aggressively null the entire time, but never really on anyone's radar because there were scummier people,
so it wouldn't blow my mind if something similar is happening.
Sure, but in that same post I explain why I don't think it's the case that he is scum.

I don't understand what you're expecting?
Do you think that hopkirk should be above suspicion? Because obviously you don't think that and I don't either.
It's like in the game I just played, Loki talked about there being "mechanically confirmed" scum in certain groups of people, because they were the scummiest people in the thread. I agreed with him that his list of scum was a group of the scummiest players in the game, but then he said some shit about "if one of these other guys has fooled me they're playing an amazing game," which I immediately pushed back on because what he was saying was nonsense, the people in that "towny" group weren't scummy, but they weren't towny either, they were just much less scummy than the other group of people.
I got scumread in that game too by a lot of people for pushing against the notion that we should treat those people (including specifically hopkirk, who did end up being scum) as above suspicion. Not saying my lack of reading your case against him is somehow towny, but if no one other than you is on board with killing hopkirk, then why is it towny for anyone to be pushing against something that is obviously not happening?
But I don't care whether you think I'm being scummy by leaving my options open or whatever, I don't think hopkirk or anyone else here is lock town and I don't think it's either pro-town or towny in practice to treat people who are very unlikely to get lynched as if they're somehow above suspicion. The only person this game who should have been objectively above suspicion from how they've played is imo Norway. Literally no one in this entire game who is still alive, other than me, has any kind of interaction with bingle that makes them obviously not aligned, I think Marci is the only person who even voted him at eod. I think hopkirk's interactions with him are the best of you four which is the major part of why he is my top town.
I'll read your case when I get around to reading it and I'll comment on it then.

It was less about what I was expecting, and more that I felt like you were responding differently then every single other person on the thread, and wanted to see if that difference was alignment indicative, so I am poking you with a stick.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1085 (isolation #217) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:18 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1059, Lukewarm wrote:I really feel like Marci trying to talk me out of suspecting Hopkirk seems town (same for GL btw, but to a lesser extent).

Spoiler:
In post 973, marcistar wrote: i dont really think hes scum, the way hes been replying doesnt feel like it to me.
In post 969, Lukewarm wrote:I think that this post was designed to ensure that his push on Hopkirk never went through
(thinking emoji here)
i like ur points sis, but i dont agree with a hopkirk sus :cry:
In post 974, Lukewarm wrote:It was a fake push designed to fail, so that everyone would townbin hopkirk (which everyone did).
thats not why i've been townreading hopkirk but alright
In post 1044, marcistar wrote:
In post 1043, GuiltyLion wrote:like the failure state for town!marci has to be that she gets eliminated and the wrong one in Vanders/GL gets eliminated, right? I don't think either scum!GL or scum!Vanders have put themselves in a position to capitalize on Lukewarm-Hop TvT
:cry: hes gonna tunnel on him and i dont want that
In post 121, marcistar wrote:
In post 118, Lukewarm wrote:Also, can you drop your hopkirk town case in here before the new day starts?
I forget where exactly I started thinking it, but I realized that his replies didn't really seem off.. like when i took a step back and just looked at how he interacted with other people, it seemed like hes a townie (if im understanding him and his style right..) its like a vibe read but more advanced than my viberead i had on dunnstral :cool:
Spoiler:
in the main thread
-even tho i don't quite understand the post 307 doesn't really seem like it has any bad intentions, and it just seems like townie questioning something.
-356 his thingy on u seems genuine (like he wants to solve u)
-372, thats alot of work he put in there.. i don't think scum would've done that.
This all screamed "townie who does not want to lose because Luke tunnels" to me.
@Hopkirk, any thoughts here in regards to Marci?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1086 (isolation #218) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:21 am

Post by Lukewarm »

(I am not sure why the formatting did that....)

@Hopkirk, any thoughts here in regards to Marci?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1090 (isolation #219) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:24 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1088, GuiltyLion wrote:you haven't exactly been a model of certainty yourself
In post 1026, marcistar wrote:im so confused on whos scum tbh! r u sure ur not it bestie?
In post 1030, marcistar wrote:so i would prob do vanderscamp today and then u tmmrw if hes not it.. because u make me confused so save u for later.
but also... theres a doubt in the back of my mind about my bestie lukewarm still, but like we'll see i think.
In post 1070, marcistar wrote:i keep second guessing my assessments.. should i not be? im so unsure if im right about everything i think
In post 1071, marcistar wrote:im sorry i dont have good reads this game
I think her point is she does not know who it is and a lot of people are suspicious of her, so she is probably a bad person to take into 3 man elo.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1092 (isolation #220) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:33 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1091, GuiltyLion wrote:I understood it as a way to scare us off of voting her because no one seems to have a great idea of who is scum were she to flip town, but maybe I misinterpreted
Oh..
I thought that she was saying that she is the LHF that scum would want to keep around to 3 man elo to win with a push on her.

I might be wrong tho.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1094 (isolation #221) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1093, marcistar wrote:
In post 1092, Lukewarm wrote:I thought that she was saying that she is the LHF that scum would want to keep around to 3 man elo to win with a push on her.
what does this mean im confused whats a LHF?
Low hanging fruit.

It basically means you would be an easy target for scum to push out.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1096 (isolation #222) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Lukewarm »

@GuiltyLion, and thoughts on my point about Marci in
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1100 (isolation #223) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1097, GuiltyLion wrote:re: , I don't think that's particularly town indicative. It's not overtly scummy, sure, but I don't see what scum!marci could realistically do differently in that position. The path to her win that was set in motion given our collective townreads on yourself/Hopkirk would be to get Dunn/Vander/GL eliminations, it's not hard to imagine scum!marci not willing to risk exposing herself by awkwardly attempting to develop a new scumread and join the fray in a TvT, especially given she's already positioned herself with a Hop townread. If anything, she's thrown a bit more dirt on you at times, see that part of I've quoted.

I never said that I would have expected scum Marci to go along with my Hopkirk push. I said that she was the most vocal about me tunneling being bad.

You can say, "I don't think it is hopkirk" without outright trying to tell me to not tunnel multiple times because you think that could lose us the game at elo.

I mean, even just comparing what she said to what you said
In post 988, GuiltyLion wrote:You reconsider his slot if you get down to F3 and he's still alive for some reason. You don't do it right after the main person pushing him flipped scum.
You left it to where we can have the conversation again if hopkirk lives to Elo. Marci told me that if I continue to tunnel hopkirk, we will probably lose the game at elo. That is the difference I was trying to draw to Marci's response to my hopkirk push.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1105 (isolation #224) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:36 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Vanders (please dont take this the wrong way but) if I had to describe your presence in the thread in one word, I would describe it as "forgettable."

For some reason, it just feels like your posts and pushes just are not particularly memorable. Like you keep saying that you were key to pushing out Bingle, but when I think back to Day 1, that is not something that stood out in my memory. I think of Hopkirk's 1v1 with Bingle, I think of Norwee and Not_Mafia's pushes on him, and I think of me organizing the "everyone vote for either hopkirk or Bingle." And then I look back at your iso, and I am like "huh, I guess Vanders did have a scum read on Bingle kinda early"

And now that I am like looking into it, it is very strange to me because when I look at the activity overview, of the living players, you are the second highest post count after me. But even though you are making a lot of posts, you are not making the kind of posts that draw attention I guess?

And I am not sure if that is just how you play the game normally, regardless of alignment, or if it is because you are being overly cautious with your posts because you are scum.

I am pretty sure that before I could stake the game on your alignment, I would to do a deep meta dive on you to figure that out, so I really hope that we don't both end up at Elo :(

Spoiler:
I think at this point, I really am just hoping that if we get it wrong today, that I am the night kill
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1112 (isolation #225) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:27 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1111, Hopkirk wrote:Ha, now who's 'stalling wagons', 'extending the game', and 'being a disappointment to their parents' like Luke said I was last day

I'm struggling to see why you're hard TRing any of the stuff you quoted from Marci + asked me about Luke?
Me?

I have a vote out there.

Spoiler:
My issue on Day 2 was that the day was dragging on without any discussion happening. You did not have a vote AND you were not out talking to people.

I think at the moment we are waiting for Guilty Lion to decide where to vote. He could hammer Marci, and if he votes Vanders, then Marci/You could hammer there. And I am not upset that GL has not decided yet because the day has not reached the absolute crawl that Day 2 did, and he has asking Marci questions
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1118 (isolation #226) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:51 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Its a fun place to be when most people are town reading you, but no one likes your reads. I did not want Dunn eliminated. I did not want Marci eliminated. And here we are :Dead:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1121 (isolation #227) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:51 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Dang capital leters messing up the emoiji

:dead:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1123 (isolation #228) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:55 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1122, marcistar wrote:lukewarm bestie can u make sure to not tunnel if u live SMSKSSMSK

think deeply about guiltylions as well i thinks :?
Please do not curse that fate on me.

Can I please be night kill? pretty please?

I think it is GL
I think it is Hopkirk
I think it is Vanders

That should be enough for me dying to not spew it too bad one way or another lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1125 (isolation #229) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:57 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1124, GuiltyLion wrote:I wish I was scum frankly lol this would be a great performance if I was, as opposed to the terrible towngame this is turning into

the saving grace would be if my pet Vander scumread was right all along I guess but I'm not even confident in it anymore?

vander can you just kill me if you're scum
See you're doing it wrong

By calling out one person, it makes killing you give away too much info.

Look at my last post for tips
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1129 (isolation #230) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:11 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1107, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 1105, Lukewarm wrote:Vanders (please dont take this the wrong way but) if I had to describe your presence in the thread in one word, I would describe it as "forgettable."

For some reason, it just feels like your posts and pushes just are not particularly memorable. Like you keep saying that you were key to pushing out Bingle, but when I think back to Day 1, that is not something that stood out in my memory. I think of Hopkirk's 1v1 with Bingle, I think of Norwee and Not_Mafia's pushes on him, and I think of me organizing the "everyone vote for either hopkirk or Bingle." And then I look back at your iso, and I am like "huh, I guess Vanders did have a scum read on Bingle kinda early"

And now that I am like looking into it, it is very strange to me because when I look at the activity overview, of the living players, you are the second highest post count after me. But even though you are making a lot of posts, you are not making the kind of posts that draw attention I guess?

And I am not sure if that is just how you play the game normally, regardless of alignment, or if it is because you are being overly cautious with your posts because you are scum.

I am pretty sure that before I could stake the game on your alignment, I would to do a deep meta dive on you to figure that out, so I really hope that we don't both end up at Elo :(

Spoiler:
I think at this point, I really am just hoping that if we get it wrong today, that I am the night kill
Yeah I get this a decent amount, I think there's always an element of thinking that what I'm thinking about the game is coming across in the thread as obviously as it is in my mind when it really isn't.
I think it was the second most recent game I played where I thought this guy Robert was super obviously scum and I crushed him D1, when I was looking back on what I had actually said in a final three I had done a good job of trying to make sure we were killing him but nothing close to what I actually thought I had said.

To use you as a corollary for this, and I say this with no offence intended, but I could not have given less of a shit about you telling us to vote for either hopkirk or bingle, and I'm not sure it actually impacted anyone else's decision either. I do think it's towny that you were saying it, but ultimately not very impactful. But I'm sure because you were doing it and it's easier to look at your own perspective vs everyone else's it feels like it would have been something that was pretty relevant.
Wanted to respond to this before the thread locked. I did not mean that what I did was responsible for the Bingle elim. I was saying that my stance on the elimination was memorable :lol:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1135 (isolation #231) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

VLA

So might miss the very start of Day 4 if I am alive, but will be back and active by Wednesday
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1304 (isolation #232) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I feel like I shot myself (and the town) in the foot with how loudly and aggressively I directed all of my logic at hopkirk Day 2, without immediately realizing that the core of my logic applied to Vanders as well. The reason I did not realize that immediately, is because I really did back my self into that deduction. I started out shit posting end of Day 2, mainly just out of frustration of how stale the game had become. My frustrations were directed at hopkirk, so I directed my shit posting his direction. But mid shit post, I realized that it really did look like Bingle purposefully tanked himself, and convinced my self I had accidentally stumbled into the right answer.

Over night 2, I realized that the "bingle tanked himself" theory both made sense, and would work with either scum!Hopkirk or scum!Vanders, so I tried to bring that up both in the neighborhood chat night 2 AND the main thread Day 3. Which is why I tried to push Vanders out Day 3... but I made such a scene Day 2, that I think Hopkirk stopped giving my theory any weight.

@hopkirk, sorry I handled it that way. If I had come up with my theory, thought about it more (instead of stream of consciousness posting as I can to terms with the theory) and presented it as evidence against both of you, I think you might have held it against Vanders, we could have won this game.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1305 (isolation #233) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

When I first started making that case again hopkirk, I was making a fake case out of frustration. Like all of that "active in another game." I started out making a case I really did not think was true, and was looking for fake evidence to back it up...

And while doing that, I had the thought "Bingle actually purposefully tanked himself there" and that like flipped a switch in my head
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1306 (isolation #234) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Also, @GL, I am sorry I ever talked you out of your vanders case Day 2.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1308 (isolation #235) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1307, Hopkirk wrote:i don't think Bingle aimed to get himself exiled, just realized eventually there weren't enough townvotes for the hop!exile after the marci vote. that could have made sense with either scum GL or scum vanders though

the other game i was active in was as scum in lylo. it was quite funny to see you attacking me for having a different posting pattern to a scum game
Yeah, I never believed the activity thing. That was the shit posting because of frustration over the stale game state

I did not mean that Bingle meant to tank himself from the get go. I think that he realized that his partner was getting too close to being the elim, and when he made the "i'll hammer vanders if we speed elim Hopkirk tomorrow" post, he was tanking himself to save his partner.

Day 2, I thought that was to save you.

Night 2, I posted in the neighborhood that he actually saved both you and Vanders with that post.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1309 (isolation #236) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

@Bingle - When you made that post, how did you expect the thread to respond to it?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1310 (isolation #237) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 477, Bingle wrote:I'll hammer Scamp if he hits E-1 on the premise we turbolim Hop then Norwee after.
This one
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1311 (isolation #238) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Overall, I do feel like I let the town down. I tanked my credibility in the thread so hard that even when I finally got myself to the right answer (I was casing and voted Vanders all day Day 3) it did not matter anymore, because the town was no longer taking me seriously :/
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1315 (isolation #239) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:56 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1313, Hopkirk wrote:I think voting Marci was my/our worst decision
Once again, if I had not shot my credibility, I might could have convinced town to trust my town read on her lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1316 (isolation #240) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1312, Hopkirk wrote:the worst part there is probably that I took your comments about GL having a bunch of reads that didn't sound genuine as my main takeaway from rereading your iso when I was looking through other people's thoughts when I was trying to work out if GL's reads sounded genuine rather than anything about vanders
I exclusively voted Vanders Day 3.

By the start of Day 3, in my head, it absolutely had to be between [vanders, hopkirk] and I wanted us to kill Vanders Day 3 so that both of you did not make it to elo.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1318 (isolation #241) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1317, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 1309, Lukewarm wrote:@Bingle - When you made that post, how did you expect the thread to respond to it?
My guess is that it was a very carefully calculated risk where he figured that I was very unlikely to actually get another vote, especially with that comment.
I am curious if he knew that Norwee and NotMafia both were going to react as if it was a scum claim, because that is how they both responded lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1320 (isolation #242) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1319, Bingle wrote:The intention was always to shitpush you, shitpush vanders, and then pivot into a different elimination.
**pivots to self**

I think you left the "pivot to a different elimination" too vague in the planning phase :p
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1329 (isolation #243) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1328, Bingle wrote:
In post 1318, Lukewarm wrote:I am curious if he knew that Norwee and NotMafia both were going to react as if it was a scum claim, because that is how they both responded lol
I realized I didn't actually answer this. I didn't expect them to think it was an outright scumclaim. They were not wrong in that it was something I wouldn't have done as town, and I wasn't very surprised when what happened did happen.
Yay! - I feel validated in my examination of your play lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1330 (isolation #244) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1327, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 1324, Bingle wrote:I think this game is balanced and deserves to be considered for Approved status btw, but would like to see if anyone else has strong thoughts before bringing it to Isis. (Or rather, I'm bringing it to Isis and would like to give other people to voice their concerns should they wish to do so.)
Yeah, definitely seemed balanced to me both times.
I would agree that it felt balanced. Even though we lost, the game always felt winnable

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”