Micro 1029: 8-Ball (but with Wolves) Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #726 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:45 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 527, Bingle wrote:I’ve never eaten bat. They seem like a poor culinary choice, tbh.
Ozzy Osbourne would disagree.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #729 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:19 am

In post 727, Morning Tweet wrote:didnt see that one coming
The kill? Interesting, I did.

I'd like to not share my reads this game if possible. Sadly I replaced into a low-content slot so it may not be. But then again people usually don't read me off of my reads so maybe it wouldn't help to share them.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #731 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:22 am

Fair enough.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #732 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:22 am

Why has my slot received 0 pressure thus far?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #736 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:57 am

I have read, yes, but I don't recall that. Can you link to some questions he's avoided?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #737 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:58 am

In post 735, Morning Tweet wrote:Anyone happen to know why Wisdom was so sure worst is town? (or why anyone believes that would help)
Why did you vote him while wanting to know this and not knowing it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #741 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:02 am

In post 739, Morning Tweet wrote:What makes you think I wanted to know that then?
Well it wouldn't make any sense to want to know it
now
but not then, when it actually mattered.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #756 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:36 am

In post 742, Morning Tweet wrote:Previously I thought Wisdom was scum so I wasn't as interested as to why he townread worst (i figured worst was town)
Wouldn't that have helped you read him though?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #757 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:37 am

In post 747, Morning Tweet wrote:So in a way it wraps back around to seeming uninformed because if i were informed Wisdom were the 8-ball I damn sure wouldn't ask Wisdom a question then just go fuck it and kill him
Bingle seems like the type to make that kind of calculated decision as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #761 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:40 am

I mean I find it confusing and irritating that you are asking why Wisdom townread tw after helping to ensure that Wisdom isn't alive to explain it, and I wanted to understand why.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #765 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:41 am

In post 762, Morning Tweet wrote:To be fair I'm not the one who killed Wisdom and wisdom is also apparently notorious for not explaining reads
Were you not okay with him being hammered when you put him to E-1?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #766 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:42 am

In post 764, Morning Tweet wrote:It's almost like I didn't have that question while Wisdom was alive
I know, I got that, so I was asking why
that
was the case. I'm not trying to imply a read.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #770 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:45 am

In post 767, Morning Tweet wrote:Make your point SS
I already did in .
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #771 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:46 am

In post 768, Bingle wrote:Given context, have you come to conclusions?
Not really? It seems like he's mostly just missed/ignored questions, not dodged them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #777 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:45 am

In post 772, Morning Tweet wrote:Confusing and irritating as in I was intentionally ignoring Wisdom in order to elim him easier or whatever reason, or simply confusing and irritating with no further conclusion
The latter.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #779 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:26 am

Sure I mean I'm not that confused by it anymore, it seems like you just decided you'd read Wisdom and didn't care to keep thinking about it, which I guess is a thing that can happen. But I'm still irritated.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #781 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:49 am

Yeah, I mean, he should answer the questions that were posed to him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #790 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:44 pm

:X
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #792 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:45 pm

Definitely you are the 8-ball and not the counterwagon to town who also lolhammered the 8-ball.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #794 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:47 pm

Yeah, that's kinda my point. You shouldn't be voting him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #829 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:49 am

In post 828, imaginality wrote:Why the different approach to this game?
...Because scum get massively rewarded for guessing people's reads?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #836 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:45 am

In post 834, House wrote:All the more reason for me not to be the one leading it.
If a town 8-ball flips it doesn't matter who led it...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #838 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:52 am

Why's that? You think scum were picking to predict you specifically?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #854 (isolation #23) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:54 am

In post 847, Morning Tweet wrote:It's Xylo anyway, no?
Only if we execute the 8-ball today.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #858 (isolation #24) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:57 am

In post 856, Morning Tweet wrote:Do you value scum not being able to try and WIFOM you over helping us not lose Xylo?
Yes. Also it's probably not xylo.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #862 (isolation #25) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:03 am

I mean I'm one of only 4 town players in the game. If we execute town today that goes down to 1 in 3; as long as I'm not the person being executed, which seems pretty unlikely at the moment, I'm going to have significant influence over who is.

I did assume that there would be more consensus going into today. I'm kinda surprised given the way that the last few days played out that there isn't, honestly. Perhaps I'm just out of touch with the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #864 (isolation #26) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:10 am

Well, my assumption is that we are going to play in a way that makes us unlikely to hit the 8-ball, since we should be doing this anyway.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #868 (isolation #27) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:13 am

It is not what I plan on doing. In a game this small, I'm not sure that's true.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #869 (isolation #28) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:15 am

Do you think the 8-ball today is necessarily town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #873 (isolation #29) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:27 am

In post 872, Morning Tweet wrote:I do think there is a good reason to withhold your reads temporarily. For the whole phase, no though.
What's the point though if you don't maintain it into the night? That's when it matters.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #878 (isolation #30) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:41 am

In post 876, Morning Tweet wrote:To see what everyone else pushes first. That way, you might be able to get a read on the 8-ball.
That's true I guess, though you can (and should) reevaluate your reads in light of what other people are pushing even if you don't hide them initially.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #915 (isolation #31) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:19 pm

In post 913, Morning Tweet wrote:Well I mean, I think it's SS + imagine/worst. That much I know I think
Why on earth do I decide this is the most effective way to play as scum
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #919 (isolation #32) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:27 pm

In post 916, Morning Tweet wrote:I think having relatively little concern for the 8-ball, as well as not having to share reads, is really conducive to a scum wincon especially when you can use the guise of not wanting scum to game your reads
I don't have little concern for the 8-ball? I'm never going to support killing Bingle, regardless of how I feel about him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #933 (isolation #33) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:55 pm

In post 931, Morning Tweet wrote:I wish Wisdom were here to explain to me why worst is locktown
Why would scum be pushing Alisae out of the gate on D2?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #942 (isolation #34) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:32 am

In post 937, imaginality wrote:Helping us elim scum and ideally avoid hitting the 8-ball seems like a better way to deny scum the chance to WIFOM you than not sharing your reads.
I mean, in theory I can do both. If that turns out to not be true, well I'll decide which is more important, but I have to imagine it's the former.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #948 (isolation #35) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:51 am

In post 947, Morning Tweet wrote:If we eliminate inside worst/Bingle we have to be very sure because it seems to me we'll be running the risk of hitting the town 8-ball.

House/Ali is town (see my earlier posts on that) -- and if you're unconvinced uhhhhhh ill probably investigate more

and I'm town

That leavesssssss SS
You're missing somebody...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #953 (isolation #36) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:48 am

In post 951, Morning Tweet wrote:well it was more or less a post directed at imagine assuming imagine is town
Fair enough. But if it's directed at imagine, you can't really expect "I'm town" to be that convincing to him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #956 (isolation #37) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:53 am

Rising rapidly.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #967 (isolation #38) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:22 am

In post 963, Morning Tweet wrote:Can I take this to mean you believe my push of you is suspicious and 8-ball motivated?
Imaginality's is, but same idea.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #980 (isolation #39) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:09 pm

In post 976, Morning Tweet wrote:imaginalitys push on... not you?
I mean he just listed me as his bottom read and also unlikely to be the 8-ball, so like...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #987 (isolation #40) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:02 pm

In post 981, Morning Tweet wrote:he voted worst tho
Not when I posted that...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #995 (isolation #41) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:25 pm

In post 993, Morning Tweet wrote:So anyway I should take it that you think one or two of imagine/me is pushing for 8!ball you, yeah?
It's possible yeah.

And at this point it probably doesn't hurt to reveal my reads. tw > MT > House > Bingle > imaginality, a decent amount of space between all five.

Imaginality seemed like the most likely person to pick Wisdom as the 8-ball, as well as being Wisdom's primary suspect. I think you and ducky are town because your slots pushed Alisae out of the gate on D2, which is clearly not something scum were aiming for. (The day ended with Alisae at 4 so the natural course of day 2 would have been to just kill him. But scum clearly weren't planning for that to happen.) The gap between Bingle and House is larger than it was at day start, mostly because you townread House and I trust you. Bingle seems to be playing a wholly unimpressive game and he's doing pretty much what I would expect scum to do. Plus he, you know, lolhammered the 8-ball for no good reason.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1021 (isolation #42) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:35 am

In post 1010, Bingle wrote:No he didn't?

Like, yes, he said you were unlikely to be the 8 ball but he also listed both me and duck as more scummy than you.
Oh I definitely read this wrong then.
In post 955, imaginality wrote:Because ironically despite Something_Smart being lower than Bingle and the worst in my individual reads
Though I mean, I don't really know how else you were supposed to read it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1022 (isolation #43) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:35 am

In post 1003, Bingle wrote:Why would they not be?
Because he wasn't the 8-ball and it was entirely plausible that he just got quicklimmed?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1028 (isolation #44) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:59 am

In post 1023, Bingle wrote:His reads list was scummiest at the top with percentages, but I can see the confusion there.
The post we're talking about was before he posted that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1029 (isolation #45) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:00 am

In post 1024, Bingle wrote:scum gets to later fall back on this exact argument if they flip Wis.
But they aren't doing that. I would take it a lot less seriously if I weren't the first person to bring it up.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1132 (isolation #46) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:47 pm

In post 1052, House wrote:Scum team is MT & the worst.

Calling it.
oh good, my two townreads
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1139 (isolation #47) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:49 am

In post 1138, imaginality wrote:But scum wanting the day to end on Wisdom doesn't mean scum were planning to start the day pushing him.
The point is not this. The point is that an Alisae quicklim was a real possibility, because he had the support to die on D1 and didn't quite get there. And pushing Alisae on D2 isn't going to be sus, because so many people already suspected him. So if they wanted to push him anyway, why not make him 8-ball?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1141 (isolation #48) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:44 am

In post 1140, Bingle wrote:Like… if the scum team thinks Alihouse is an easy mislim who isn’t suspicious to push and will likely go through, why doesn’t *any* scum team pick Alihouse as the 8ball.
Because he's scum/because they want to keep him around for later/because they weren't positioned well to push him, I guess?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1145 (isolation #49) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:14 am

Who would make imagine the 8-ball?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1147 (isolation #50) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:18 am

Wasn't he fairly townread yesterday though?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1189 (isolation #51) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:09 am

In post 1183, Morning Tweet wrote:I simultaneously dont think SS is ever 8-ball but am dreading the flip heavily since I really don't feel confident at all
how about you just flip scum instead and then it doesn't matter if they're the 8-ball?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1190 (isolation #52) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:11 am

also if I replace into this position as scum I probably make myself the 8-ball and tell my partner to not bus me, and then when I inevitably flip everyone will go oh he must have been bussed.

unless my partner is in a good enough spot to just force through a mis-exe, but I'm not sure if anyone here besides maybe MT would qualify for that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1193 (isolation #53) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:03 pm

huh? I don't get what you're asking
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1195 (isolation #54) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:19 pm

Yeah, presumably I would want my partner to be pushing that person pretty hard.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1196 (isolation #55) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:20 pm

While I defend them, in all likelihood.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1213 (isolation #56) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:47 pm

In post 1211, imaginality wrote:Would you join House on the worst MT?
I can guarantee there's more chance of limming scum.
Why are you defending me while voting me
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1246 (isolation #57) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:42 pm

In post 1243, Morning Tweet wrote:I'm not voting imaginality
Today? Or ever?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1250 (isolation #58) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:44 pm

In post 1249, Morning Tweet wrote:So I don't care if imagine is town or not right now I care about you
Under what circumstances do I replace in and play like this?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1254 (isolation #59) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:46 pm

Refusing to share reads initially but actually having extremely strong ones, defending tw and scumreading imaginality but not actually trying to kill him, refusing to compromise or change my reads at all during the course of the day
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1257 (isolation #60) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:50 pm

In post 1255, Morning Tweet wrote:I feel like putting on a facade of reads without actually acting on them in any way is kind of scummy, yeah.
...but like, you've played with me before, right?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1258 (isolation #61) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:51 pm

Imaginality isn't at E-1; it makes no difference whether I vote him now or not, except that it might allow a quickhammer.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1264 (isolation #62) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:53 pm

yup, because I think my execution may not be inevitable

I only feel that way as one alignment, that's for damn sure.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1265 (isolation #63) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:53 pm

In post 1261, Morning Tweet wrote:It's not just like voting though, you have no presence or attempt to sway, no sense of urgency.
In post 1257, Something_Smart wrote:...but like, you've played with me before, right?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1269 (isolation #64) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:55 pm

In post 1261, Morning Tweet wrote:If anything, that would help you towards null but certainly not town since this is how you tend to play always.
well I mean I listed a bunch of things that aren't that that seem like they'd just be putting up a neon "kill me!" sign as scum.

which may be, but my argument is kinda that if I'm scum I'm very likely to be the 8-ball playing this way. because I'm playing in a way that I would expect to get me killed. and why do I play that way when I could play a different way? do you not think that I would have received less pressure if I hadn't done some of the things I mentioned?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1270 (isolation #65) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:55 pm

In post 1267, Morning Tweet wrote:So at best, NAI?
yes, the specific thing that you called scummy is NAI. the other things I mentioned are not
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1273 (isolation #66) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:57 pm

I mean gambling the game is inevitable. Why not do it sooner?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1276 (isolation #67) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:58 pm

In post 1272, Morning Tweet wrote:why are you playing in a way that you expect to get killed for as any alignment??
Because I have some degree of faith in the people here to be able to discern my alignment at a better than random rate.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1277 (isolation #68) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:58 pm

In post 1274, the worst wrote:all you learn is whether someone is the 8-ball.
Disagree. But I obviously can't elaborate.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1280 (isolation #69) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:59 pm

In post 1279, Morning Tweet wrote:and the third I still find scummy even if you're aware it's scummy.
it's demonstrably not though, unless I'm scum with tw. Because if I switched to tw, then wouldn't I have a lot lower chance of dying?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1281 (isolation #70) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:00 pm

In post 1279, Morning Tweet wrote:The first could be a "I have a secret plan/strategy" type thing, mixed in with WIFOM of "if im scum I know this look bad so i don't do it"
The plan wasn't secret though. And I don't know what you mean by that "type of thing" anyway, it's not like scum pretend to have a secret plan for towncred when they really don't.

As for the WIFOM, well how's that working out for me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1283 (isolation #71) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:01 pm

Right, and that raises the question of what was our plan to win today? 8-ball imagine and hope that people just magically reverse their reads on him?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1287 (isolation #72) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:03 pm

In post 1285, Morning Tweet wrote:What are you gaining from hiding reads, not forcing any will on the game, not reevaluting, etc. Those are all things that are much more beneficial to scum, no?
The reads hiding discussion already happened. It's very beneficial to town if someone can go the whole day without sharing their reads.

As for the second one, it wouldn't work. Trust me, I spent years of my life on the site under the mistaken belief that it did.

As for the third one, it's pro-town for me to represent my reads accurate (if I choose to represent them). If they don't change, why would I pretend they did?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1289 (isolation #73) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:04 pm

In post 1286, Morning Tweet wrote:8-ball Bingle and literally just have me have an incorrect read?
And then do my best to convince everyone that Bingle is 8-ball. What a genius plan.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1292 (isolation #74) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:05 pm

In post 1290, Morning Tweet wrote:I think he's probably scum with SS in that case
Finally, something we agree on.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1294 (isolation #75) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:06 pm

In post 1291, Morning Tweet wrote:If Bingle is scum it doesn't exactly matter does it?
I mean, that was in reference to a hypothetical where the team was me/tw. But sure it still matters, if we kill a scum 8-ball we remain in potentially-mylo.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1295 (isolation #76) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:07 pm

In post 1293, Morning Tweet wrote:I don't see why you don't hope for 1 town to have a misread and get an easy win
I agree, that is probably what we would do, so why didn't we do it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1302 (isolation #77) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:10 pm

In post 1296, Morning Tweet wrote:You were laying back and saying "no dont do it" a little but as you are aware it wouldn't have had an effect, then you could quick hammer
...it did have an effect, though. tw unvoted Bingle literally the post after I pointed it out.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1304 (isolation #78) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:13 pm

If my partner's imagine, why am I so resistant to killing tw?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1307 (isolation #79) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:13 pm

Also if imagine is my partner then the 8-ball is
definitely
me, so you should go for him first.

This isn't even WIFOM, it's just obvious.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1309 (isolation #80) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:14 pm

In post 1305, Morning Tweet wrote:Why is the game blowing up
now
?????
I finally found something to talk about
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1312 (isolation #81) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:15 pm

In post 1310, Morning Tweet wrote:I'm sure you'd vote tw over yourself
No, why the hell would I do that? That's just a gamethrow if he's town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1315 (isolation #82) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:16 pm

Because if tw flips town then I definitely die the next day, and I townread him?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1340 (isolation #83) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:35 pm

In post 1323, Morning Tweet wrote:I'm calling it right now, if I vote TW then SS will quickhammer immediately since he knows he is next
Only one way to find out!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1342 (isolation #84) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:36 pm

No, but I sure as hell tell my buddy to hammer me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1347 (isolation #85) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:38 pm

It is true from my end at least.

But I mean I can put down a vote if you can give an actual reason for why it will help.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1349 (isolation #86) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:39 pm

In post 1346, House wrote:It's already obvious, lol.
What exactly am I trying to accomplish right now if I'm scum with tw?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1351 (isolation #87) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:40 pm

I know as well as the next guy that when the two leading wagons won't vote each other, it means they're scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1353 (isolation #88) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:42 pm

In post 1350, House wrote:If ducky flips scum, who is his partner?
Someone not named Morning Tweet. I don't have a particular person in mind.

I did think that your grandstanding was above average likelihood to be scum if tw was scum, but I don't think D2 makes a lot of sense with that team.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1357 (isolation #89) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:45 pm

In post 1355, House wrote:YoU FoRgOt To UsE SaRcAsM TyPe.
Not sarcasm. That's what it usually means.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1358 (isolation #90) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:46 pm

In post 1356, Morning Tweet wrote:you're obviously not scum
This is a hard pill to swallow, but if you're really deadset then I'll take your word on it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1360 (isolation #91) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:48 pm

Without taking that into account, I would think House/imagine would be the second most likely team.

I'm really not understanding tw's angle on D1 if he's scum with House, as much as I want to say that House would make sense with tw given today.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1362 (isolation #92) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:49 pm

In post 1359, Morning Tweet wrote:Wait is House scum trolling us rn?
I mean House's scum angle in antagonizing me is pretty evident. He can set up to chain me -> tw, with an off-chance to tilt me to make that job even easier. Projecting overconfidence frees him from having to do pesky reevaluating.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1363 (isolation #93) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:50 pm

In post 1361, Morning Tweet wrote:SS I'm going to vote worst and you're either going to quickhammer or not, you ready
Sure. But I wish you hadn't telegraphed so much. Scum-me would be way more inclined to WIFOM now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1366 (isolation #94) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:53 pm

This is not a vote for the worst.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1370 (isolation #95) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:54 pm

Not sure if sarcastic, but I genuinely am. Sorry this is what it took to find my wim, but it was.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1374 (isolation #96) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:56 pm

Oh hi imagine. Sorry to dip right when you get here but I gotta go to sleep
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1402 (isolation #97) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:17 am

I have to imagine that a Bingle/imagine team makes Bingle the 8-ball today.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1452 (isolation #98) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:33 pm

In post 1450, House wrote:Idk, you're feeling like resigned scum to me.
How so?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1628 (isolation #99) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:26 am

In post 1624, Morning Tweet wrote:I wish we had killed SS or anyone not named ducky yesterday, i miss him
Right??
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1629 (isolation #100) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:32 am

Definitely gonna have to reread these pages when I'm not on mobile and can give it more attention.

I can also respond to whatever you want, but I won't do everything because I don't want to shit up the thread with quote stripes.

My reasoning on ducky was really just:
- Sheeping Wisdom (I didn't say this because anyone else can do this just as easily as me, if they cared)
- He pushed Alisae hard on D2-- like I said, my default mindset after the failed Alisae flashwagon would have been that he would quickly get wagoned again. I really do think that scum wouldn't 8-ball Wisdom and then play into this.
- He unvoted Alisae on D1 when he very well could have been the 8-ball, and then turned around and pushed Alisae when he wasn't 8-ball.

Sadly I don't think I touched much on #3, but #2 is really the big one.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1638 (isolation #101) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:22 pm

In post 1633, Bingle wrote:I don't get 2 as a reason to townread duck at all. No one pushed Wisdom at daybreak D2 (other than Ali), and in fact ducky was one of the first people to switch to Wisdom.
The point isn't that ducky pushed away from Wisdom more than anyone else, it's that he pushed toward Alisae who could have just been insta-executed given the amount of people who wanted to kill him the day before.
And do you have any particular reason why Ali was likely the 8ball D1?
None, other than that he's a reasonably easy-to-execute person and also nearly died D1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1639 (isolation #102) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:23 pm

In fact, at this point I know that either Alisae was scum and being bussed, or town and being voted by both scum, both indicating a pretty high chance of 8-ballship.

Though of course it would be circular to use that as a reason to townread tw.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1640 (isolation #103) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:23 pm

In post 1635, Morning Tweet wrote:Who did you want dead yesterday, SS?
Imaginality.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1643 (isolation #104) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:46 pm

In post 1641, Morning Tweet wrote:Is your read any deeper than this?
No, other than that PoE put him at a baseline of 67% and he was highly unlikely to be the 8-ball.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1654 (isolation #105) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:00 am

You all realize that I was repeatedly being asked to explain a comment that was made before imaginality clarified his reads, right?

As soon as he made that post I read it, understood it correctly, and took it into account. But people were asking me about my thought process in an earlier post, so I explained what I thought at the time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1655 (isolation #106) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:04 am

If the team is Bingle/imaginality the 8-ball is probably Bingle imo.

If it's not, then it's whichever of them is scum, probably.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1656 (isolation #107) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:08 am

In post 1645, Morning Tweet wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on this?
I will echo imaginality here in that the conclusion is obviously right, but the logic is at least partially wrong. By the time imaginality made his reads, I understood them, but I was still explaining why I thought what I did at the time. I realize now that I didn't make that especially clear in my posts.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1658 (isolation #108) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:31 am

I initially took it to mean that, although the 8-ball is normally someone who's highly scumread, I am his top scumread and unlikely to be the 8-ball, which makes me the best target.

I don't know if I've ever heard someone use "lower" to mean "townier" before. I have seen readlists organized that way, but they're very rare.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1663 (isolation #109) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:06 am

It's pretty good, from what I recall. But that was a long time ago.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1665 (isolation #110) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:03 am

In post 405, Bingle wrote:VOTE: ali

I don’t really trust this sudden shift to Wis, makes me worried he’s an 8 ball, tbh.
what is this post

like actually what is it
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1666 (isolation #111) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:12 am

In post 355, imaginality wrote:If Ali isn't scum I think it's 2 of {Wisdom, Mom, Bingle}.
Rule of 3 hMMMMMMM
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1667 (isolation #112) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:14 am

In post 604, Save The Dragons wrote:
4 Wisdom (House, Taly, the worst, imaginality)
More food for thought. A Bingle/me team would require believing that this was all town.

But I think it makes sense with Bingle/imaginality knowing that a few townies (Alisae, Taly) were going to be pushing Wisdom and they could hop on afterward.

And I do kinda feel that Wisdom being made the 8-ball implies that the two people who voted him the day before were probably both town? Like a Bingle/imagine team could count on at least those two, and it's easy for imagine to set up a vote on him, and then go from there. But a Bingle/Alisae team would have to keep people off of Alisae and they'd have only Bingle to help with that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1668 (isolation #113) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:19 am

On the other hand it feels so suspect to just be like "yup my reads on replacing in were exactly right, neato" especially since I always stress how garbage my upon-replacement reads are.

So whatever, I don't think I can be objective here, the best I can do is get relevant things out in the open for MT to look at. Scum-MT has certainly got the game locked away at this point, so I probably will end up voting whoever she does.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1669 (isolation #114) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:23 am

In post 720, Bingle wrote:Eh. Fuckit. Maybe literally anyone will give my case the time of day tomorrow.

VOTE: Wisdom
This was just a deliberate scumclaim wasn't it.

It's like my hammer in Radio Buzz.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1670 (isolation #115) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:24 am

Like I know Bingle and I know that he would do something like that. Because if he gets executed the next day then it goes right to theoretical mylo if scum can guess the execution target.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1671 (isolation #116) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:25 am

And if that's true, and I'm his partner, then I sure as hell don't push the angle of "Bingle is 8-ball so we should leave him alone".
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1672 (isolation #117) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:28 am

In post 744, imaginality wrote:Does anyone want to talk about how Bingle asked Wisdom a question, then hammered before getting an answer? That seemed (especially in hindsight with the 8-ball flip) scummy to me.
Whoa, look who comes out of the woodwork pushing Bingle on D3 after not having done so on the previous days?

(This one's actually not confbias because I didn't remember that imaginality did this when I made the above posts.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1673 (isolation #118) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:30 am

Yeah uh

I'm hopelessly confbiased at this point but my guess firmly goes to Bingle/imagine.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1674 (isolation #119) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:51 am

In post 940, imaginality wrote:I'm still not sure, but right now I lean towards the idea you're partners.
Vote townie fos buddy
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1675 (isolation #120) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:10 am

I think Bingle immediately asking House to explain his "it's not imaginality" comment indicates that that team probably makes Bingle the 8-ball.

So imaginality is probably the right target here. House/Bingle is... well not exactly impossible, but House would sure be creating a headache he doesn't need to.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1683 (isolation #121) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:28 am

In post 1678, Morning Tweet wrote:Taly, House, imagineality could have been predicted with relative ease.
I guess. Obviously I wasn't there but it does seem like imagine wouldn't have been as easy to guess as the others, especially since the big alternative is Ali/House who was imagine's other scumread.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1684 (isolation #122) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:29 am

In post 1682, Morning Tweet wrote:You're like the fourth person this game to point that out lmfao
I know. I didn't feel like pointing it out earlier because people already had, but now I think it's worth bringing back to the light.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1687 (isolation #123) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:31 am

I have to imagine that Bingle's hammer beats it out for that prize, but it's definitely up there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1690 (isolation #124) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:44 am

My perception is that I've been doing a reasonably good job at revealing my alignment through dynamic interactions and thoughts, whereas imaginality has played very uptight and rigid in a way that's usually not hard for scum.

Is the difficulty that you can see my play as easily coming from scum, or that you see imaginality's play as being hard to fake?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1693 (isolation #125) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:57 am

In post 1691, Morning Tweet wrote:You have!! Correct reads!! From your PoV!! And you do next to nothing with them!!

And I know that's your playstyle!
It's more than just my playstyle, it's my personality :X

It's also learned helplessness. There's no reason to spend effort beating my reasons into people if they're just going to disagree with the reasons and then ignore me and then I'd be derailing the thread if I kept pressing it. People are talking as if I didn't give my big reasons for townreading tw-- but I did. It was the whole bit about how scum wouldn't push Alisae SOD2. It was just widely disagreed-with, and then forgotten.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1694 (isolation #126) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:01 am

In post 1692, Morning Tweet wrote:Something I just noticed, I made a mistake in my response to this. I wasn't assuming Bingle was town. I was assuming Bingle was 8-ball. Does SS!scum try to shut down Bingle's wagon..? Imagine mentions in this post that he preferred Bingle.
For what it's worth, I think the only world where me/Bingle makes any sense is if I have zero faith in my abilities upon replacing in and 8-ball myself D3. That explains why I shield Bingle behind WIFOM and also why I don't push tw. (I'd want myself to go down first, have my flip implicate tw, and then 8-ball him to win the next day.)

I think in that world I probably don't make the sequence starting with , which is pretty blatantly motivated by self-preservation.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1701 (isolation #127) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:14 am

In post 1695, Morning Tweet wrote:Hiraki and the worst began D2 voting for Alisae. However, scum was banking on people thinking that "Ali is too obvious we can't kill them scum might have 8-balled them". Scum wanted to see Ali/Taly/possibly imagine vote Wisdom. So therefore it's odd for scum to try and start traction on Ali immediately at the start of the day. Do I get this right?
Yes, but I think even more than that, scum just weren't interested in an Ali wagon. Because if they were, going for one seems like the cleanest way to get an 8-ball off without looking sus for pushing it (because the wagon had so much support).

Or perhaps more accurately, they didn't expect a big Ali wagon to pop up at the start of the day. If scum came out the gate voting him, I'd think they would do that because they would expect the wagon to get big rapidly.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1703 (isolation #128) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:17 am

Oh come on do you seriously think I would give away my entire master plan like that completely unprompted

I would be shitting bricks posting that if that had
actually
been my plan and it fell through
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1707 (isolation #129) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:41 am

In post 1704, imaginality wrote:2. Today I'm not keeping House as an option whereas SS is.
I would imagine you think this works in your favor, but it doesn't. Your wincon is for me to die before you. Mine, if scum, would be the reverse. House is unlikely to be a viable mislim from a me/Bingle team perspective, since we'd have to convince either you or MT, neither of whom are especially forthcoming. So there's no advantage to it, and potential disadvantage.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1708 (isolation #130) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:44 am

In post 1705, imaginality wrote:Revealing it now costs you nothing.
Maybe true, maybe not, but how would I know as scum? How would I know that MT wouldn't go back and realize how much sense it made?

For what it's worth, I have deliberately done something kinda like what you're describing, where I make a plan as scum that banks on X, then I push against X and hope it happens anyway. (My learned helplessness works to my advantage in this case.) But I wouldn't then explicitly point out "look, here's what my big plan probably was, and see how I pushed against it!" because that would ruin any towncred I could expect from it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1709 (isolation #131) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:47 am

In post 1705, imaginality wrote:You don't seem like someone who shits bricks under pressure as scum. You were rational like this and nearly won for scum even after Gamma and Kitty had been caught in Owner's Market Blitz.
Well, that was kind of a special case, because the logic used to push me was genuinely asinine pretty much across the board, and all my arguments were basically legitimate.

But, you are right that I don't let it show. Of course I wouldn't, because I get way more stressed under pressure as scum than as town, so showing it would make it obvious. But trust me, it's there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1711 (isolation #132) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:51 am

In post 1710, imaginality wrote:In fact I'm sure enough that House is town and SS is scum trying to keep House open for a potential mislim tomorrow that I'm going to 1v1 this right now.
Wait, so what exactly do you think my plan is?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1714 (isolation #133) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:04 am

Why would I ever try to win by getting you to vote House? Why would me keeping House in the execution pool make you more inclined to vote him, when you know either he's scum or I am?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1718 (isolation #134) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:13 am

In post 1715, imaginality wrote:Because it would be more likely I'd reconsider him than that I'd reconsider MT.
Why would I care about you reconsidering at all, why wouldn't I just try to kill
you
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1720 (isolation #135) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:20 am

I don't mean NK you, I mean execute you. That is very self-evidently my game plan, regardless of my alignment.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1722 (isolation #136) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:32 am

Right because it wouldn't look suspicious at all if I was like "so I think imaginality is probably scum, I've had him paired with Bingle since I replaced in, buuuut I think House could also be scum if you're willing to consider that, imaginality ;)"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1731 (isolation #137) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:52 pm

In post 1727, imaginality wrote:No reason to wait til today unless you're caught scum putting in more effort as you get worried you and Bingle are being cornered.
Why would this be asymmetric with respect to my alignment? If this is a pure 1v1 with Bingle being caught scum, I would be equally afraid of losing as either alignment.

Plus, it's entirely silly to say that there's no reason for me to do this as town. If nothing else, just because I didn't feel like doing it until now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1757 (isolation #138) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:29 am

In post 1753, Bingle wrote:What leads to any of these conclusions?
Well I mean the second one is self-evident-- if you're scum and 8-balled yourself, and we executed you yesterday, your team would win if you could predict the mis-exe today.

The first one, I mean I know you're a calculating player, and my perception seems to be that you don't consider yourself an exceptionally strong scum player (Perfect Masquerade comes to mind), and so I can see you deciding that making sure one NK doesn't slip away and unlocking a second if you are ever executed is worth your life. I would probably have done the same, if I was scum in your position there (though it would depend on who my partner was). In fact I recently did a very similar thing in Radio Buzz, where I made a scumclaim hammer to prevent the town from coordinating their vig shots. So that's the kind of vibe I got from your hammer-- especially since I framed it in an almost identical way (I know this is bad but I'm fed up that people aren't listening to me).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1758 (isolation #139) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:31 am

Which does actually lead me to another point-- would Bingle really do that if his partner was Momrangal? Is he really going to count on an AFK slot to deepwolf?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1764 (isolation #140) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:52 am

In post 1761, Morning Tweet wrote:I think SS trying to keep House open for a mislim tomorrow is kind of a reach. I think it'd make more sense to just focus on eliminating the other in imagine/ss
Yes, this, and it's perfectly natural to have doubts on House as town (he is a pretty strong scum player), so there's no reason for him to immediately jump to the conclusion that it must be nefarious (unless that was already where he wanted to end up, of course).

Like I think him voting me today is perfectly reasonable from any perspective, but him picking
that specific thing
as the thing that pushed him over the edge to voting me is... well, I mean, it's evidently fake to me. Hopefully to you too.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1766 (isolation #141) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:57 am

In post 1765, Morning Tweet wrote:Are you sure that Bingle killing himself off is worth the meager amount of towncred Mom might get from that? Mom still has to survive ~2 eliminations afterwards.
In an ideal case, whoever his partner is only has to survive one elimination, if they can guess it. Regardless of which of us is Bingle's partner, I would think that he was hoping to go down on D3 to make that easier for them.

Butyeah nobody is gonna give Mom towncred for staying off the wagon when she was literally afk
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1769 (isolation #142) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:58 am

In post 1766, Something_Smart wrote:Regardless of which of us is Bingle's partner, I would think that he was hoping to go down on D3 to make that easier for them.
This is phrased a bit confusingly, but I'm assuming you get what I mean... in the hypothetical world of Bingle/S_S, that would probably be the plan, just as it probably was in the (hopefully) real world of Bingle/imagine.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1771 (isolation #143) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:04 am

I feel like the best play for Bingle/afkMom in that situation is to just pray for an all-town 8-ball wagon, which should put them in a really good spot as the wagon members tear each other apart the next day.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1775 (isolation #144) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:15 am

Looks like MT/House would have been fine to hammer around here (also like that team already won long ago), so I think I'm fine to do this now.

VOTE: imaginality
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1779 (isolation #145) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:26 am

If we hammertest both of you on me (for example) it proves that either I am scum, or it's Bingle/imagine. If we hammertest both of you on both of us, then the only possible teams are me/Bingle, imagine/Bingle, and me/imagine.

But, you don't really need Bingle's help for that; you can hammertest each other.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1788 (isolation #146) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:05 am

The point of a hammertest is that you unvote right after the person confirms they aren't hammering...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1791 (isolation #147) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:05 am

And, if Bingle is really scum here, he has no incentive to play along, because he has no chance of becoming un-caught.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1793 (isolation #148) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:07 am

But like, you just have to pick a time when he doesn't seem to be around and go with it. There's no other way, besides not hammer testing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1795 (isolation #149) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:08 am

MT it seems like you know House is throwing... can you please help convince him to unvote?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1801 (isolation #150) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:10 am

In post 1797, Morning Tweet wrote:If he wants to throw he throws I am not getting worked up over it a second time
Please?

We can force him to unvote.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1803 (isolation #151) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:11 am

By both voting him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1807 (isolation #152) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:12 am

I mean, only if Bingle is lurking to hammer literally right now. The point is, he wouldn't be able to keep his vote on, since if it really is me/Bingle he would lose. We'd unvote as soon as he does.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1809 (isolation #153) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:13 am

Thank you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1813 (isolation #154) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:14 am

House, MT is basically 100% town from your perspective, and she says that your argument doesn't make any sense.

With that in mind, will you please hear me out?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1815 (isolation #155) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:15 am

In post 1811, House wrote:I'm never voting outside of you & Bingle.
Even if MT votes imaginality and Bingle doesn't hammer?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1818 (isolation #156) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:17 am

Basically, what he's saying is that I was ignoring the possibility of Bingle popping up out of nowhere to hammer in the middle of you hammertesting him, or vice versa.

Which is a thing that's possible. And is probably a reason why not to hammertest! But in general, people ignore these things when hammertesting, and I don't think I've ever seen a hammertest go south because this happened.

Meanwhile, to hammertest any other way would depend on Bingle's cooperation, which he has no reason to give if he's scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1820 (isolation #157) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:18 am

In post 1817, House wrote:Not.
Voting.
Imaginality.
So you think me/MT is more likely than Bingle/imaginality?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1822 (isolation #158) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:18 am

In post 1819, House wrote:8 ball is either on Bingle or imaginality.

Bingle is sitting back WAITING TO DIE. Hello?

Not gonna be responsible for either one flipping.
It doesn't help us to flip the non-8-ball today...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1823 (isolation #159) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:19 am

In post 1821, House wrote:Not.
Voting.
Tweetie.
But if MT votes imaginality and nobody hammers, then either he's scum or she is...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1828 (isolation #160) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:21 am

MT please

I cannot react to situations like this as scum. I just can't. I would be losing my shit right now.

House is either reaction testing or he's just decided to stop using his brain. Even though I'm biased, I think the reasoning he is using is highly unlikely to be better than random. So if you can override him and force through an imaginality exe (and you can, no matter what he says, or he's ACTUALLY throwing), and you think you have better than random odds of being correct, you should do so.

I do not think anyone would be mad at you for being wrong when House is being like this.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1829 (isolation #161) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:22 am

In post 1826, House wrote:Or imaginality isn't 8-ball.
Huh? If imaginality is town, then scum win if he gets hammered. 8-ball doesn't matter.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1832 (isolation #162) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:23 am

Like if I vote imaginality, and MT votes imaginality, and Bingle doesn't hammer, then the team can't be me/Bingle. If I'm scum it would have to be with MT. So if she does that, then your theory would be proven wrong, so what would you do?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1835 (isolation #163) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:25 am

I am not losing my shit. I am looking for the best path to a victory.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1846 (isolation #164) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:31 am

In post 1839, House wrote:S_S is literally forwarding hypotheticals WHERE BINGLE IS THE DECIDING VOTE, here.
MT is the deciding vote. Whoever she votes is decided as the execution, even if it's not a hammer, because she is universally townread.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1847 (isolation #165) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:31 am

What the actual hell House
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1848 (isolation #166) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:32 am

In post 1845, House wrote:Yet S_S is comfortable setting up a scenario where OUTED SCUM IS THE DECIDING VOTE IN A GAME ENDING ELIMINATION.
Yes genius, I am comfortable with someone I know is scum getting voted!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1857 (isolation #167) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:35 am

Sigh.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1859 (isolation #168) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:35 am

MT, do you agree that you are more fit to choose between me/imaginality than House is at this point?

If so, you should be alive when the decision is made.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1863 (isolation #169) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:38 am

You can vote imagine today. That will make a me/Bingle team impossible and I HOPE that would then knock some sense into House.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1872 (isolation #170) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:41 am

But my point is, if you're 75% confident, and you believe that House's logic is so bad that he's not going to be right more than 50% of the time (maybe 55% generously), then the best odds come if you force his hand rather than the other way around.

That make sense?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1879 (isolation #171) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:43 am

In post 1873, Morning Tweet wrote:But if he is right by dumb luck I'm never going to hear the end of it
No, that's not true. Because even if I were scum here and I won, I would truthfully explain after the game that his read was bullshit and he got lucky. And I mean there's nothing to prevent him from not believing that and puffing up his ego, but I seriously doubt that anyone else would really think badly of you for it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1881 (isolation #172) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:43 am

In post 1876, Morning Tweet wrote:SS go ahead just vote Bingle and kill House during the night I literally never see myself voting you over imagine
Please stop trying to make this into a WIFOM game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1886 (isolation #173) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:50 am

I may be wrong about this. But I don't feel that anyone would go "oh House caught S_S and you ignored him", if I were scum and won. They might have had their own reasons to suspect me, and be annoyed you didn't see them, but that could happen either way.

Also Wisdom caught imaginality and you ignored him
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1887 (isolation #174) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:55 am

I'm sorry that this happened at all, and I'm especially sorry that it happened at a bad time RL-wise.

You can do whatever you'd like. I certainly won't be mad
at you
if we end up losing, but it will have been your choice to let House push you around. And I feel like imaginality, if he were town, would look at this shitshow and recognize that you tried your best with what was available.

But anyway... I'm mostly just spewing rhetoric at this point. I'll stop, unless you feel like getting a pep talk from the guy you're afraid of losing to would actually help.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1888 (isolation #175) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:57 am

But I will say that if my posts today sound like they're reasonable and natural from town (and I hope they do, because they were), that's MILES above what I'd be able to do as scum in 90%+ of situations. I would have to be in an incredibly well-crafted mindset, and this has happened, but it's pretty rare. My scumgame isn't this good. Even if you don't think imaginality's scumgame is great, there's definitely nothing he did that you could say this about.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1894 (isolation #176) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:02 am

I mean I was mostly joking about Wisdom.

But, if she is worried about fearing judgement from other people, Wisdom's probably more likely to be understanding of an imaginality vote.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1898 (isolation #177) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:04 am

Bingle's online now, or was not too long ago anyway.

If you vote imaginality, he has to lurk out till deadline. But there should be enough time that it will be evident that he could have hammered.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1909 (isolation #178) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:13 am

I had you as possible scum since long before that, though
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1918 (isolation #179) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:17 am

In post 1913, House wrote:But you couldn't sell it, so you abandoned it.
I never abandoned it? My read on you basically didn't change until today.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1920 (isolation #180) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:18 am

Well House/Bingle is obviously impossible lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1927 (isolation #181) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:21 am

In post 1921, House wrote:I don't see how anyone can be mechanically town in this game (well, before recent wagon shenannies)
She means because of recent votes.

My position on you was always, if one of imaginality/Bingle isn't scum, then you're the next most likely to be. This was basically PoE, plus I thought you and Alisae were talented enough scum players to play the way your slot did as scum.

I was always considering the possibility that you were scum. That's just doing my due diligence as a town player.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1930 (isolation #182) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:23 am

In post 1928, Morning Tweet wrote:Dragon is on FIRE today
^
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1933 (isolation #183) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:25 am

Well, I wouldn't say that I know you very well. (Though, now I know you have good taste in music, at least :D)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1934 (isolation #184) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:26 am

In fact the only game I can recall playing with you I misread you
really
bad. It was quite embarrassing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1938 (isolation #185) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:28 am

In post 1934, Something_Smart wrote:In fact the only game I can recall playing with you I misread you
really
bad. It was quite embarrassing.
(Aside from PYP, where you basically got confirmed as town.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1941 (isolation #186) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:31 am

Fair enough, I guess.

Were you baiting by saying I was definitely scum? Or were you just willing to trust MT with whatever she went with?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1943 (isolation #187) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:32 am

I am still town, by the way. I absolutely do not twilight troll as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1953 (isolation #188) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:05 am

In post 1948, Bingle wrote:SS, give me a chance to convince you before throwing the game away please.
I mean I guess? It better be damn good though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1958 (isolation #189) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:35 am

In post 1957, Bingle wrote:I won't blame you for making the wrong choice, SS, just for not giving me the opportunity to show you the right one.
I mean, that's fair. I'll let you say your piece. But as of now I'm hammering you, and given your play this game it would take a lot to change that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1968 (isolation #190) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:35 pm

Why was I conftown?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1985 (isolation #191) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:56 pm

In post 1981, Bingle wrote:But if you look at your own arguments for why it wasn't SS/Bingle yesterday, you'll see that they all apply to imagine/Bingle too.
Uh, no they don't? Most of them have to do with the Wisdom wagon.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1992 (isolation #192) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:32 pm

Meh I mean

Whichever of you is town threw, Bingle on D2, House on D4. I was actually not that far from changing my mind rereading House's posts yesterday because holy shit are they terrible.

At least I'm in a headspace where I won't feel bad no matter what I do. But I probably would feel worse going against what MT clearly wanted.

Bingle, why did imaginality bus Alisae to E-1 and leave him there for a significant length of time?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1994 (isolation #193) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:48 pm

I think it would be an insult to your scumgame to say you wouldn't.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1997 (isolation #194) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:55 pm

The last time I played against scum-you, you killed me (a known mason) when I was hard townreading you, and proceeded to counterclaim my partner for basically no reason.

Excuse me for not putting much faith in Occam's Razor around you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2007 (isolation #195) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:52 pm

In post 1999, House wrote:You can't simultaneously think I'm shit AND next level scum, so you're just fucking around.
I don't think you're bad at scum? Where did I say that?

If you're town I think you played pretty shit these last few days. If you're scum it was just business.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2008 (isolation #196) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:53 pm

In post 2006, House wrote:Thank you, Captain Obvious.
bruh he literally disproved your point and you just agreed with him
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2010 (isolation #197) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:56 pm

House, can you clarify why you voted imaginality after saying that you were never going to?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2013 (isolation #198) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:58 pm

But that disproves your argument that killing me was safer than killing MT. If you felt very likely to win coming into the day, then killing MT couldn't very well have been risky.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2014 (isolation #199) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:58 pm

In post 2012, House wrote:I felt like it.
Did you think he was scum?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”