Micro 1042: Meme Wars | Fin!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by Three »

VOTE: STD

Is Wheel of Time actually any good? The series on Amazon looks very...not good, which isn't a good sign for the LOTR adaptation they're also doing. I'm assuming it's a "just read the books" kind of situation because a quick Google search shows that the fanbase is really passionate.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:00 am

Post by Three »

In post 33, Save The Dragons wrote:tempted to punish you all for being dumb
We won't be punished if you're scum.
In post 44, Save The Dragons wrote:it's master splinter from tmnt

a rat
I'm not heavy into the lore but isn't he technically some guy who got turned into a rat man?
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:12 am

Post by Three »

In post 12, Pavowski wrote:
In post 11, Three wrote:VOTE: STD

Is Wheel of Time actually any good? The series on Amazon looks very...not good, which isn't a good sign for the LOTR adaptation they're also doing. I'm assuming it's a "just read the books" kind of situation because a quick Google search shows that the fanbase is really passionate.
I never finished the series. I stopped after like book five or six, which should tell you something

Of course the fact that the series has that many books should also tell you something

The Amazon LOTR adaptation can get hecked also, the LOTR trilogy is transcendent and everything after that is just chasing smoke
Ah, yeah that sounds about right. Also agree about LOTR, The Hobbit movies were probably the first time I was severely let down after a bunch of hype.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:26 am

Post by Three »

In post 47, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 46, Three wrote:
In post 33, Save The Dragons wrote:tempted to punish you all for being dumb
We won't be punished if you're scum.
there is nothing in my statement that contradicts your statement
In post 46, Three wrote: I'm not heavy into the lore but isn't he technically some guy who got turned into a rat man?
you are correct i was just trying to get to the right ballpark from "ferret" and "otter"
Fair response.

What's your stance on your wagon?
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:15 pm

Post by Three »

In post 20, Prism wrote:
VOTE: Dragons

since WHEN

since WHEN IS THIS AN ISSUE
Initially I was a bit thrown off by this since tonally it felt out of place. Like I can see the intensity STD mentions, but I can tell it's just a joke since RVS was stalling and it seemed like everyone was waiting for something to happen. This low key did help to get us out of RVS though so I don't think it's a bad post.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by Three »

In post 57, Save The Dragons wrote:what were you, what were they
In post 58, Prism wrote:Town & Town
In post 59, Save The Dragons wrote:VOTE: bugspray
Uh. Not liking this vote at all.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:08 am

Post by Three »

STD's reactions to pressure feel so OTT that I'm not sure it's even real. Like he's clearly flailing here, but it comes off like he's trying to signal a townie flail by being indignant, and voting emotionally and outside of his scum reads (or what I assume were scum reads on Prism and Bugspray). He's also doing what he can to keep the spotlight on him, but isn't doing much with the attention, mainly just complaining about getting voted instead of doing much to solve. I feel pretty confident in saying that it's a manufactured flail, like a refuge in audacity type of situation. My vote stays.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:18 pm

Post by Three »

In post 95, Save The Dragons wrote:i'm a 1 shot RB

i'm also living in a covid world that sucks so maybe i'm not exactly rosy all the time
In post 97, Save The Dragons wrote:VOTE: Three
In post 98, Save The Dragons wrote:tell me i'm OTT

tell me i'm just OMGUSing because i'm scum
In post 101, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 94, Three wrote:STD's reactions to pressure feel so OTT that I'm not sure it's even real. Like he's clearly flailing here, but it comes off like he's trying to signal a townie flail by being indignant, and voting emotionally and outside of his scum reads (or what I assume were scum reads on Prism and Bugspray). He's also doing what he can to keep the spotlight on him, but isn't doing much with the attention, mainly just complaining about getting voted instead of doing much to solve. I feel pretty confident in saying that it's a manufactured flail, like a refuge in audacity type of situation. My vote stays.
calmed down a little but don't think i'm OTT at all, i've been clearly upset but not OTT. Three's framing the argument in a way to make me look like something i'm not.

i don't know why scum would keep the spotlight on themselves especially after having a tumultuous opening, why wouldn't i just try to fade into the background

i don't think this post comes from a town mindset
I'm not framing anything. If you expected me to somehow know that Covid would affect your mood at game start, then sorry, I'm literally never going to assume that. And honestly it isn't fair to me to just spring that on me and frame it as me being scummy and trying to take make you look bad. It's just an AtE reversal that makes me look like an asshole when that was never my intention.

It's also inaccurate to say my post doesn't come from a town mindset when I literally just finished a game where I had that exact mindset as town. I caught scum early who was acting indignant and not bothering to solve, but then they had an AtE meltdown that got me mislimmed instead while they endgamed town and won. Coming fresh off of that game, I'm going to be sensitive and paranoid to anyone following a similar pattern.

If you'd lead with why you weren't in a good mood I would've been understanding. But that isn't what happened, and I'm not walk back my mindset now, because my reaction was genuine.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:28 pm

Post by Three »

In post 96, Save The Dragons wrote:good thing i wasn't something more powerful you all suck at reading emotion
I know you probably didn't mean anything by it, but I actually do have trouble reading other people's emotions and processing my own. Large reactions often come off as OTT to me.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:47 pm

Post by Three »

In post 124, Esooa wrote:Bugsprays reasons for pushing me are probably bad but that may as well just be them not knowing how to explain it well because I'm a fine person to push then, though his intent to kill thing was pretty lol this early.
What do you mean by they're "probably bad"?
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:03 pm

Post by Three »

In post 143, Esooa wrote:the thing I'm most interested in really is if three giving the same read as prism is a wolf matching their partners agenda or a wolf latching into town reasoning to give more validity to their own because I honestly can't tell and figuring out partner stuff like that is good for 9ers. By default I'd call it wolf/town. I guess while we're here Val is never with Bugspray but this is less relevant to me
I like a lot of your effort posts but this is just way off course. Putting pressure on a slot that isn't doing anything isn't wolfy. If STD is town then it makes more sense for scum to stay off that wagon and let town fight each other over it, not join in and apply pressure.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:56 am

Post by Three »

In post 158, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 151, Three wrote:I caught scum early who was acting indignant and not bothering to solve,
are you accusing me of these things
I do think your initial reactions to your wagon were indignant, but looking back you were actually answering questions and giving takes on posts, so I wouldn't say you're not solving.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by Three »

In post 155, bugspray wrote:three town
In post 156, MegAzumarill wrote:what about that made you think three town
I actually want to know as well, because when I woke up for work and reread what I wrote I kind of hated how I responded. I meant what I wrote, but I try to avoid letting confbias from a previous game affect how I read current games.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:25 pm

Post by Three »

In post 191, Pavowski wrote:
In post 190, Save The Dragons wrote:i don't have a life ama
Still like your Three vote? I'm reviewing with a clearer head and I like you for town so
In post 192, Save The Dragons wrote:at the moment yeah i think my analysis of his post could be accurate
Alright, let's talk about it then. What makes you think my post is scum trying to frame your posts in a certain way, and isn't just a genuine take from a town perception? Do you think town never scum reads your initial posts?
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:18 am

Post by Three »

In post 255, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 213, Three wrote:
In post 191, Pavowski wrote:
In post 190, Save The Dragons wrote:i don't have a life ama
Still like your Three vote? I'm reviewing with a clearer head and I like you for town so
In post 192, Save The Dragons wrote:at the moment yeah i think my analysis of his post could be accurate
Alright, let's talk about it then. What makes you think my post is scum trying to frame your posts in a certain way, and isn't just a genuine take from a town perception? Do you think town never scum reads your initial posts?
it doesn't look like you actually re-assessed things, it looks like you're just trying to sandbag me. It looks like your post is fake/accusing me of things that aren't necessarily true in an effort to make me look worse. I don't think that attitude comes from town.
This doesn't really answer what I asked. I had to look up what sandbagging was since I didn't really get what you meant by it in this context, but if you're claiming I'm trying to dupe you into lowering your resistance and expectations, I don't really see it.

I'm also not sure what you're referring to when you say I'm accusing you of things that aren't true. Are you talking about how I scum read you? Or the specific things I said about how I perceived your actions? And what makes you think my attitude doesn't come from town? It just sounds like you're scum reading me for not being pleasant.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”