Micro 1079 - dividing connor (game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #59 (isolation #0) » Mon May 08, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by Merlyn »

I feel like I missed RVS already
In post 41, Invisibility wrote: boring! But we should still lim in the small neighborhood probably cuz better odds
Seems right to me, randomized or not there's still one scum per hood.
VOTE: yesiree I don't like that you sheeped python with the vote on invisibility.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #1) » Mon May 08, 2023 4:12 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 61, Aureal wrote: In post 59, Merlyn wrote:
I feel like I missed RVS already
In post 41, Invisibility wrote:
boring! But we should still lim in the small neighborhood probably cuz better odds
VOTE: yesiree I don't like that you sheeped python with the vote on invisibility.
Why don't you like it?
Could be an early attempt to discredit one person in the small hood in particular.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #2) » Tue May 09, 2023 12:43 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 67, Aureal wrote: How does sheeping someone's vote discredit the person being voted?
I'm thinking that the yesiree vote could be an attempt to create a false sense of solidarity with python.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #3) » Tue May 09, 2023 12:50 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 71, yessiree wrote:
In post 45, usesPython wrote:
In post 44, Invisibility wrote: oh true true. They must've decided that the order was acceptable enough over random neighborhoods so there's still probably stuff to glean from that. Not that I'll do much gleaning cuz I don't like doing meta (major player flaw. I just find it boring)
No I mean why did scum specifically make it obvious that they let the hoods rand instead of letting it rand and letting people see AI hood choices where there are none

-A
maybe it wasn't that obvious since no one noticed it straight away, but the choice seems more intentional than not
it's intentionally done to make it seem... not intentional? it could be specifically done to deny info behind neighborhood choices
I feel like it's not helpful to speculate on this? Real question, what does it gain?
In post 73, yessiree wrote:
In post 59, Merlyn wrote: I feel like I missed RVS already
In post 41, Invisibility wrote: boring! But we should still lim in the small neighborhood probably cuz better odds
this feels a bit forced for a rvs vote? are you scumreading me based on that vote alone or are you just happy to vote in the small hood?
I said at the top of the post you quoted it wasn't RVS. I am looking in the small hood first, though, and I'm not sure why everyone wouldn't. It's awesome to be able to focus on only 3 players for a guaranteed scum lim.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #4) » Tue May 09, 2023 12:55 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 85, usesPython wrote: Invis and I have a fun chill atmosphere in the hood, posting memes and cracking jokes
if we're having a hood competition, I put it forth the big hood will be revealed as the best hood- we've got interactive poetry.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #5) » Tue May 09, 2023 12:58 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Okay, this might be a bit weak but I townread Python bc the hoods are random. Having done a game with them I honestly can't imagine them not optimizing the perfect groups.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #6) » Tue May 09, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 107, Aureal wrote:
In post 104, Merlyn wrote: Okay, this might be a bit weak but I townread Python bc the hoods are random. Having done a game with them I honestly can't imagine them not optimizing the perfect groups.

Or what if the point was for the partner to pop up with a townread because Python wouldn't not optimize? :o

Seriously though, reasonable point, but what if the ordered player list already was optimized for what they wanted?

I'm guessing that would make the partner someone reasonably experienced or at the least confident, since they'd be expected to have to carry endgame. So I guess not you. ;)
Defintely possible, but this feels like something I could get sucked into WIFOMing about forever and I don't want to do that.

Your guess is interesting and would answer the player list question, but I think there's a lot of players that could orchestrate that in this game. Basically anyone but me and Burger (I think? Don't know if you're an alt account).
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #7) » Wed May 10, 2023 3:40 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 113, yessiree wrote:
In post 101, Merlyn wrote:
In post 67, Aureal wrote: How does sheeping someone's vote discredit the person being voted?
I'm thinking that the yesiree vote could be an attempt to create a false sense of solidarity with python.
but this isn't what u said earlier, you said it was to discredit invisibility which was kinda of nonsensical
that is some mighty fine hair-splitting there, my friend. I think placing a vote on someone does indeed discredit them, and I think you might have had an ulterior motive in doing it.
In post 127, Invisibility wrote: pretending that I've never seen a neighborhood in my entire life I think Merlyn's cases against Yessiree are bad
Fair enough, it's really barely a case- I just saw something that pinged me and want to push a bit on it. Question for you- what posts of yessiree's since then should have made me think, okay that seems like town?
In post 129, usesPython wrote: If Invisibility flips red I think his partner is unlikely to be anyone who posted after , meaning POE that'd leave
  • Merlyn
  • Save the Dragons

• SirCakez

• BurgerParty
  • ActionDan

• Aureal
-A
Why 111 specifically? I'm not sure I'm following.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #8) » Wed May 10, 2023 3:49 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Oh, got it. I see you didn't learn anything since the plan didn't go through, but did it give you any insights as to who you think is scum in the little hood?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (isolation #9) » Thu May 11, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 177, Save The Dragons wrote: isn't it auto if we get scum right in the big hood D1?

i think big hood people should post more
Okay, I finally went back and read some of the games python posted back on page one (1003 and 1062 so far). Out of the 3 town wins, they always went for the big hood first. Yeah, one of those wins they do struggle a bit cause they didn't nail scum on the first try but eventually still a win. So, it makes sense to me that we'd vote out a big hood suspect first (totally opposite to what I thought when I started this game). My biggest struggle so far is that I'm having a hard time getting any reads on anyone who isn't in the little hood. Could we generate some talk and commit to posting a scumread and a townread from each hood?

Here's mine-
little hood: biggest scumread yesiree, biggest townread python
big hood: biggest scumread: Sir Cakez, biggest townread Aureal
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #10) » Fri May 12, 2023 3:01 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 233, usesPython wrote: The third game town won they limmed small hood d1 though? Also people seem to have forgotten to post their reads which sucks
You're right, I thought the bulge was big hood. But they did really struggle in a way the other two town wins didn't.
In post 217, Save The Dragons wrote: i just think it's best to sort the big hood so i wouldn't mind more participation from the big hood (myself included, i guess) since the small hood is kind of running amok with the thread
In post 233, usesPython wrote: ngl I was under the assumption y'all were doing a lot more posting in the big hood with how many people were lurking
UNVOTE: It's becoming clearer to me every day that we're in a dangerous situation in the big hood and need to work more on sorting it before we spend any more time sorting the little hood. Even if we struck scum with little hood now, we'd have almost nothing to go on when it comes to the big hood. I'll spend the day working on my big hood reads for now.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (isolation #11) » Sat May 13, 2023 7:23 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 284, Flavor Leaf wrote: I think STD wanting big hood to post more is townie for the same reason I think Cakez finding all 3 small hood scummie is town.
Real question, what makes it more likely that town!Cakez posts that? It's a little generic, wouldn't hurt a partner to say. Why wouldn't scum!Cakez post it?
In post 253, Flavor Leaf wrote: Merlyn vote on Yessiree is a momentum shifting vote. Wanting to note it because it clashes with where I was here, but it was their entrance really, so not overly scummy, but worth noting.
In post 284, Flavor Leaf wrote: Merlyn came in either helping their possible partner in Invis or Python.
Can you clarify for me what momentum I stopped when I came in on pg 3?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #12) » Sat May 13, 2023 7:34 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 287, ActionDan wrote:
In post 206, Merlyn wrote: Could we generate some talk and commit to posting a scumread and a townread from each hood?

Here's mine-
little hood: biggest scumread yesiree, biggest townread python
big hood: biggest scumread: Sir Cakez, biggest townread Aureal
Language not withstanding just how strong / confident in these reads you listed?
In the little hood I feel more confident, big hood just my initial opinions because there's so little content to go on. How confident are you in your read on Cakez?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #13) » Sat May 13, 2023 9:22 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 306, ActionDan wrote: Very.

I townread your posts so far now that I am actually looking at them but I am surprised you feel confident in little hood. Your progression there would nit have led me to believe you'd be confident at all.
There's only 3 choices, even taking a blind shot in the dark is 1/3. I think I've got a better feel than a blind shot rn
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (isolation #14) » Sat May 13, 2023 9:33 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 339, Flavor Leaf wrote: People are acting like it would have been an easy take for scum to make, but I don't really know why they would. SirCakez comment had no purpose and no defense, and I genuinely believe all 3 small hood were scummy. He didn't lean anywhere, he just was existing. That's townie.
Okay, I see where you're coming from on this. I'm not sure I completely agree, but it's hard for me to discount that you have a ton of experience in this. At the very least it's an understandable thought process to me.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #15) » Sat May 13, 2023 9:38 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 232, ActionDan wrote: The question to answer was "why is it bad reasoning that I townread a player that mirrors my thoughts"

Your points do not answer that. They are only focused on a subjective read of my alignment.

Points 1,3. Why would you think I would have decided to townread him first? I also did not realize I was spewing myself town, but I am town so that would track. The only one in this thread that has been remotely "LAMIST" is python.

Point 2 I'm happy to entertain... in another post! But for now it does nothing to explain the "bad reasoning" of my SirCakez townread which if I may be allowed to spew some more I'll take to my grave and is quite serious.
So this post made total sense to me, and I felt like people were blowing a small comment you made out of proportion. I mean, it really isn't bad reasoning to start to tr someone who's thinking like you. But having it be the only reason is just asking yourself to be pocketed, right? Dan, can you explain to me how this leads to you being very confident in Cakez?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (isolation #16) » Sat May 13, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 362, Flavor Leaf wrote: i'd rather just go for scum than go a mech route. and just because we fade small hood today doesnt mean we will necessarily tomorrow
Can't we split the difference and go for scum but in the big hood? Right now no matter who we pick from small hood, even if we get it right and they flip red, I don't know how to find the remaining scum from big hood.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (isolation #17) » Sat May 13, 2023 3:21 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 387, Save The Dragons wrote: VOTE: aureal
I haven't seen you mention Aureal once, where did this vote come from?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #18) » Sun May 14, 2023 3:44 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 423, Flavor Leaf wrote: And you’re also acting like me pushing you means I’m scum, and you’re ignoring the possibility of town me pushing town you, something I am not opposed to being a thing possibly happening.

Do I think it’s happening? No, not right now. Just because I don’t think it’s happening, doesn’t mean I’m right there anyways.

I’m at least looking and open to all possibilities.

I’m just out here saying the thoughts that come to my head in correlation to everything that’s happening.
I'm going to say that TvT is exactly what I think is happening. Scum!FL would have been better served by just letting little hood do all the talking in this game, their posts have really woken up a lot of big hood.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (isolation #19) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:58 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 458, Aureal wrote:
In post 414, usesPython wrote:
In post 407, SirCakez wrote: I disagree; lurking and staying out of spotlight is a good way to get to endgame
esp if the small hood keeps us distracted
That's the thing though, we
were
focusing on the big hood to sort it. I think scum was directly responsible for dragging us back to the small hood because the small hood scum is in a good enough position to mislim both small hood town, which lets big hood scum focus on setting up for their own endgame. That's the kind of thing that can't be done while lurking, it needs active effort to prevent big hood players like Merlyn and STD from getting people to sort big hood

-A

Merlyn and STD seem like incredibly random choices to namedrop here???
Are we not the only people in big hood to ask to sort big hood?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #20) » Tue May 16, 2023 5:05 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Sorry, sorry. Not giving enough attention to this game, I'll try and fix.

So I just ISO'd all of FL's posts and my first gut instinct is town, bc before they subbed in big hood was basically DOA in terms of activity (I do know I've been part of this problem). If FL had subbed into a scum slot I think the smartest option would have been to lie low and let us mess the game up through inactivity. They have also been consistent in wanting to scumhunt regardless of the hood, the consistency reads town to me.

I do have some questions:
As far as I can tell, you felt the scum in little hood has to be invis or python bc they are controlling the flow the hood/or driving it as you later say in a way that yessiree is not- can you explain or give an example to me of what you mean by that?

Were you testing python somehow with the Aureal vote ('it's okay python, you already convinced me of python') and then you feel they failed? Were you scumreading them at this point?

I'm trying to understand your POV better bc my takes are so different here- like, to me yessiree seems scummier BECAUSE they're not so front and center as python and invis.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (isolation #21) » Wed May 17, 2023 3:58 pm

Post by Merlyn »

in the middle of writing another post, but python is at E-2, right? FL, yes, and invis...no one else I think?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #22) » Wed May 17, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by Merlyn »

I have read your reasoning and I can see how you got there. My main reasoning seems very weak in comparison, but I just played with town!Python and I've never been able to shake this is not how they would sort neighborhoods. Python loves stuff like that. Yes, I can kind of see Python galaxy-braining it and sorting that way just to throw off the scent, but I'm trying to lessen my WIFOMs with every game and my first gut instinct was, no way. And nothing they've done this whole game seems inconsistent with how they played.

I know this 'case' is barely that, and if it's only move to make to avoid a non-elim I'll vote python. But they are literally my third/last choice in little hood: Yes > Invis > Python.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (isolation #23) » Wed May 17, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 643, Invisibility wrote:
In post 626, yessiree wrote: i dont think u've read the small hood back-and-forth, i think u should do that and lemme know what u think
I've been reading it btw. It points very bad against Python
Can you share with the rest of the group why?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (isolation #24) » Wed May 17, 2023 5:03 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 655, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 651, Invisibility wrote: to convince the rest of the town

I can make a better scum case as is on Yessiree instead of 'didn't meme in neighborhood'.

Idk.

@Merlyn - In your experience, does Python normally have incredibly weak and forced looking reasons for their reads?
Well, no I don't think that of them. I read the meme thing more as Python was saying that yesiree was acting differently in the hood vs the main game, and that pinged them.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (isolation #25) » Wed May 17, 2023 5:05 pm

Post by Merlyn »

I wish I knew the game analysis that Invis mentioned, that's why I think posting stuff only in the hood is a bad idea.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (isolation #26) » Thu May 18, 2023 6:28 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 716, SirCakez wrote: StD or Merlyn still feel like good wagons to me, they are both MIA right now which I feel like is a scum tendency at deadline
I don't know where you are in the world, but I had work this AM. I'm checking in on my lunch break and plan to do again at deadline if needed.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (isolation #27) » Sat May 20, 2023 3:12 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 797, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: i'm at the point yessirree can survive for today, and we can shoot for big hood. invis kill screams that its someone confident in their play, which makes me think {fl, aureal} off the top of my head, considering both are strong players regardless.
My main problem here is that those are my top two townreads, but I like this thought process in general. I don't see any downside in it, plus we now have the benefit of reading the game again knowing yes was scum.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (isolation #28) » Tue May 23, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Andante's whole case on me is that I posted more in another game. I think I'm being set up to be a mislim today, but I'm willing to go if Andante definitely goes next.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (isolation #29) » Thu May 25, 2023 4:18 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Well, it's FL or Andante. I'm going to stick with my gut reads and VOTE: Andante
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (isolation #30) » Fri May 26, 2023 12:56 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 893, Flavor Leaf wrote: why not cakez?
I'm being selected as a good town target for mislim, and cakez hasn't really done anything to support that. Neither has Aureal (why didn't you ask about that, btw?) It has to come from you or Andante. I can play the tinfoil thing and get psyched out by your sigs that I've been a pawn in the master scum game but instead I'm going with the simpler and probably right explanation, Andante.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (isolation #31) » Fri May 26, 2023 12:59 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 887, Andante wrote: ok, that's your read on me.. whatever, how about your read on merlyn? you saw in our hood, how happy merlyn was to see me when I repped in (I just finished a game with them) and then after I went "ayyy it's merlyn" there's just been NOTHING... merlyn is probably hoping I flip elsewhere before talking again
If the case against me is that 'scum are inactive' then a LOT more than one person in big hood is scum. If the case is specificially that I'm not inactive only when town, I can point you to my completed scum game where that's not true. My struggles and failures to get going here are NAI :dead: .

I'm still happy to see you even though you're voting for me lol!
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (isolation #32) » Fri May 26, 2023 1:00 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 897, Aureal wrote: It feels weird that Merlyn is just shrugging in the face of getting voted out if she's scum rather than trying to do something to get out of it. Then again in this game maybe just waiting for FL to go elsewhere isn't that bad a play... Hmm...
If my lim here clears the water and sends Andante out, then it's still worth it.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (isolation #33) » Sun May 28, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 928, Andante wrote: all merlyn did was tunnel yess this game, and we wonder why yess was ok with just giving up like that.... cause that's what that was. scum giving up by killing invisibility, since scum literally had to kill in big hood next night
I literally don't understand this post. If I read this without having read this game, I would think that I tunneled yessiree and he said, 'oops, you're right, it's me!' I don't even know what you mean by 'giving up' because you're saying that scum gave up by voting invis, because....'since scum literally had to kill in big hood next night'. What does this even mean, though? You're saying killing invis meant Yessiree was giving up, and they were okay with giving up because...I tunneled them?

Also, this is not the case Andante made on me in a nutshell. That 'case' is that Andante says I'm acting differently in this game than the one I replaced into with her, which I already said: true, and not AI.

I am a bit checked out. I have made no good cases this whole game, and everyone is kind of scummy. The only thing I was ever pretty sure about was Python being town bc y'all were crazy if you thought Python wouldn't galaxy brain the setup here, and that meant I had a 50/50 shot about yessiree, and I even wobbled about that. I have never been sure about anyone in big hood land- Andante came in looking for my blood with a crap case, Cakez is willing to hammer basically out of boredom, I can't get a read on Aureal AT ALL, FL is the only one posting in this game and his switched his vote like 40 times. I have really simple thoughts here, and I've stated them: I'm being set up for a mislim, that makes it Andante or FL. I'm picking Andante and I might be wrong. Scum might be Cakez or Aureal just letting us do ourselves in. But I'm just going with the simple answers here.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (isolation #34) » Mon May 29, 2023 11:33 am

Post by Merlyn »

You are making my head spin FL. Okay, I'll look into the Cakez angle tonight.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (isolation #35) » Mon May 29, 2023 4:26 pm

Post by Merlyn »

I'm in the processing of ISOing everyone left, and I have a question for you Aureal- do you townread FL?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (isolation #36) » Mon May 29, 2023 4:50 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Okay- Most of what Cakez has said in this game is pretty innocuous and nothing to remark on. Re-reading him knowing that yes is scum makes a couple of things stand out for me:

Cakez is pretty consistently sr’ing Python, and says this in defense of invis and yesirree:
In post 210, SirCakez wrote: i feel tonally that python is still the scummiest one from the small hood
when I read most invis and yessirree posts I feel like I can see the town thought process and I don't see that in python's posts
Python asks them specifically what yessiree’s thought process was that seemed towny, and they have this to say:
In post 389, SirCakez wrote:
idk if I could grab one specific post, it's more of a tonal read gathered across the ISO

Which isn't really the best defense, but I don't know.

This is where the Mindmeld Kerfuffle happens in the game, so it does look like Cakez is pretty present bc they’re talked about a lot right here, but they actually have just one post about it where they deny it’s a mindmeld. So yeah, it could be clever lurking.

If Cakez does turn out to be scum, this post cracks me up:
In post 407, SirCakez wrote: I disagree; lurking and staying out of spotlight is a good way to get to endgame esp if the small hood keeps us distracted
Bc they were literally only 23 posts for the game themselves. But that’s a great question- would a lurking scum!cakez really call attention to their own strategy?
In post 785, SirCakez wrote: And we should just fade yes at EoD, why would we not kill the confscum?
This was a poor decision I think. I think we should have kept playing and we’re suffering for the lack of info about each other now.

I’m not the first to note this, but it is odd that Cakez was ready to hammer me but hasn’t voted me regardless. Without a vote it does end up having kind of a jump on the wagon to end the day kind of feel.

Cakez- Do you think I’m the likely scum, and if so why not vote me? You’ve also never made a case against me- what makes you think it’s me?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (isolation #37) » Mon May 29, 2023 5:11 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1013, Aureal wrote:
In post 1009, Merlyn wrote: I'm in the processing of ISOing everyone left, and I have a question for you Aureal- do you townread FL?

No. I don't consistently townread anyone here or I wouldn't be so hesitant. I don't really like to cite 'effort' as necessarily being towny - I've seen Python's scum game. :P
Okay, this tracks for me after reading your ISO (also, heh- I've read a python scum game they offered up and that's fair). If you had said you did I would have questioned that.

I will get on the Cakez wagon to prevent a nonelim, but can I ask you instead to consider Andante? No matter what FL thinks, all they've done this game is push me for weak meta reasons and threaten to yeet everyone about once at least (which, if we're going with meta, they did a LOT as scum in our shared game I replaced into), and the most that StD did was argue about folks pointing out the irony of him being the one to say big hood should post more.

P:edit: I see what FL has posted but I'll still ask for Aureal's thoughts.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (isolation #38) » Mon May 29, 2023 5:15 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1018, Flavor Leaf wrote: Plus, I can’t really see a lot of STD scum reasonings.
Can you see a lot of STD town readings, though?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (isolation #39) » Mon May 29, 2023 5:23 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Okay, for real though, can you point them out to me?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (isolation #40) » Tue May 30, 2023 7:51 am

Post by Merlyn »

Okay, let's go. VOTE: SirCakez
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (isolation #41) » Tue May 30, 2023 1:47 pm

Post by Merlyn »

FL, what was the plan you were talking about, where Cakez was like the last loose variable and stuff?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (isolation #42) » Tue May 30, 2023 2:07 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Killing Andante and keeping me is actually really interesting- why bother to make me look bad to the other player when she was a guaranteed vote against me? I have an idea of another angle, but I don't know who that points towards yet.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (isolation #43) » Tue May 30, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by Merlyn »

ooh, I'll take that pagetop, thanks
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (isolation #44) » Tue May 30, 2023 5:27 pm

Post by Merlyn »

VOTE: Aureal
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (isolation #45) » Tue May 30, 2023 5:33 pm

Post by Merlyn »

I'm so sorry FL! You brought this game back to life, I would love to play on the same side some time. All props go to Yessiree, who unleashed maximum chaos in this game. I personally thought we were sunk when y'all noticed the random order was by playlist:
And it's me and yes on the top lol.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (isolation #46) » Tue May 30, 2023 5:34 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Huge thank you to Sky for being patient with me and my nonsense this game!
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1096 (isolation #47) » Tue May 30, 2023 5:43 pm

Post by Merlyn »

gg Aureal! I'm sorry I had to kill Connor. Or divide him. Whatever I did to him I'm sorry.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (isolation #48) » Wed May 31, 2023 3:47 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1117, SirCakez wrote: I thought the dividing connor stuff was hilarious
Seconded! Plus the flips and the math in the mod notes. Connor 4 President
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (isolation #49) » Wed May 31, 2023 8:33 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1123, Andante wrote:
In post 1003, Andante wrote: I just want to lim merlyn. I'm pretty sure that's the lim that wins this...
In post 1027, Andante wrote: 12 hours till deadline

can we just hammer merlyn… the scum who has given up here?
In post 1029, Andante wrote:
if you’re town, just vote merlyn
I love looking back at these posts XD cause at the time I was only like 80% confident in that read... XD
:lol: I was terrified when you came in and just went boom, game solved!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”