Micro 1 - Micro Madness! - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #54 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:04 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 11, bv310 wrote:And someone's taking a joke vote a little too seriously.

unvote, vote: Salamence

Lighten up bro.

this clown is funny.

vote bv310

Syndrome was right.

Both leading wagons are stupid. I'm not interested in either salamence or mcstab, both are quite obviously town.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #57 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:36 am

Post by mykonian »

yes, that's about right. The problem is that I can't explain it. It's glaringly obvious to me, but I don't think I can tell you why. It's not just their posts, mostly the reaction of the other players to them. Two drops of experience and one drop of chocolate, indeed.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #59 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:45 am

Post by mykonian »

It got worse through the years actually. At the start I could explain everything (though it was rather inaccurate). I drifted away from that a bit.

I'll stay, though, thank you.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #64 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:15 am

Post by mykonian »

Who are you calling a moron majiffy?

I think you have no clue what's accepted play. If you want to bullshit people into "reads" and think that's acceptable, you really couldn't be further of the truth. In the end, it's about accuracy. You can call people retarded for as long as you want, in the end you are voting someone because you think a veteran should use the same tells as you.

You tell me how that makes sense, genius.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:31 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 68, Majiffy wrote:
In post 64, mykonian wrote:in the end you are voting someone because you think a veteran should use the same tells as you.

No. In the end I am expecting a veteran player to be able to accurately communicate why they have reads, especially when they've already stated these reads are based off the reactions of
said
players, and thus quotable and tangible evidence to support said reads.

See, you don't get it. This is exactly the point. It's not the reaction of individuals, it's the reaction of the group as all. You guys read the wiki and think you can scumhunt. You read someone's post and will then prove that person is scum. It's not how this game works. It's in the end a social game, the way the group reacts tells you something about what parts of the group know about certain players. The fact that scum have information make that the group react differently then when they all wouldn't know a thing.

And there really is no way that I'll get into your head how this time Mcstab and salamence are town, and the next game where they might be vote they are scum, depending on how people played around them.

So I rather don't bother, and just tell you the results. Be happy with it.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #76 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:21 am

Post by mykonian »

I think you didn't understand that I just explained my read. And that it's rather awkward to quote all the posts up till now, from the start where salamence became interesting.

You seem so concerned about scumhunting: tell me what my motivation as scum here is :) because you are bullshitting a read behind a mask of abrasiveness.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #119 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:37 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 116, Klazam wrote:There is a very small chance I'm wrong.

I can wait till monday, looks interesting.

I agree with syndrome, again. Bv shouldn't live too long.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #138 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Post by mykonian »

no thank you, I'm not and I think we shouldn't.

Now, I don't know natalie, and the "you aren't liked thing" is a bit odd, but claiming a doc while there is a claimed JK around and a flipped bulletproof is not the most common choice for scum, I'd say. Further, it would seem something a mod would put into a game, doesn't it?

In all his randomness, I think salamence might be right.
vote kdub
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #145 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:07 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 143, Kdub wrote:Nice case you've got there Salamence.

So let's get this straight. We have a claimed doctor and a claimed jailkeeper, we've already had a bulletproof townie flip, and you guys are just fine with that? What combination of scum powers can possibly balance that on top of an innocent child and maybe more?

There is no way bv and Natalie are both town.

This is bull. This whole post breaths scum who knows what's actually going on. Same with his earlier posts in reaction to natalie's claim.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #154 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:21 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 138, mykonian wrote:no thank you, I'm not and I think we shouldn't.

Now, I don't know natalie, and the "you aren't liked thing" is a bit odd, but claiming a doc while there is a claimed JK around and a flipped bulletproof is not the most common choice for scum, I'd say. Further, it would seem something a mod would put into a game, doesn't it?

In all his randomness, I think salamence might be right.
vote kdub

This post explains that I'm not interested in a natalie lynch.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #155 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:29 am

Post by mykonian »

oh, I didn't explain bv's yet.

I don't think bv pulls fake dayvigs as scum.

And unless klazam is going to claim, I'd say doc/jk/bulletproof is the setup here.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #164 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:24 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 156, Kdub wrote:You forget we have a flipped innocent child, plus whatever Klazam's got, plus whatever might be unclaimed. You also didn't answer my initial question. What combination of scum PRs do you think can possibly balance all of that?

The point about Natalie claiming doc is reasonable, but alternatively, she may have realized that it was a safe claim to make because it was unlikely that there would be a doctor on top of the other stuff. I don't think we can conclude that she is the townie between bv/herself based on that.

I don't think we ever got an answer to the unaware miller question either.

2 goons. Newbies setups already show us that goons vs just a doc win. The JK gets weaker the more protective roles there are, since it gives less info.

This is exactly the kind of post which bugs me to no end about kdub. Trying to logically prove that either of the powerroles has to be scum where this is far from obvious. Someone is really obviously trying to run town into trouble. 3rd or 4th post he makes like this, I think.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #168 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:58 am

Post by mykonian »

well, that's just awesome. Sigh.

If we are fooled here, we end up in a 3p lylo situation, which is decent, except for the fact that people will look at this wagon.

If klazam is honest, I should be on this wagon.

vote natalie
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #197 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:17 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 177, bv310 wrote:I JK'd Mykonian last night. His end-of-day posts were confusing and seemed like pointless noise to confuse actual information we could have got out of his scumbuddy. Not really very confident in that read now though, since we had a kill anyway.

It made sense to me.

That means we have a town of 5. Klazam (town), bv (town), me (town), salamence and kdub (scum)

That's game. Lets find out if we are right, salamence :)

vote kdub
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #206 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:00 am

Post by mykonian »

vote salamence

Klazam's are very much in favor of him, but moreso even for bv. His whole reasoning depends on BV being town.

Which would mean JK/One shot vig/one shot bp against the scum. That shouldn't be too far off.

I mean, it could still be klazam, but bv is hard to see. Klazam would have bussed his partner perfectly timed right after bv seemed to clear natalie, killed a VT because killing another powerrole might seem a bit suspect, no killed before lylo because lylo or mylo doesn't matter for scum anyway. And he's basically cleared because he so amazingly bussed his partner, so he'll win.

But I don't buy it.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #219 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:09 am

Post by mykonian »

The quicklynch was bad when you lose. Nothing would have changed however, so it only makes the loss swifter in this case. Neither I or Klazam would have been lynched anyway, so the probability you try to calculate there is a bit bad. You don't take into account confirmed townies, or near confirmed ones. The fact that scum tried to kill majiffy n1 is still mindboggling to me, and it's what blows this game for us.

The positive side of this is that next time bv scum will have a tougher job, I think. I know what made him look scummy to me initially, but the way the game went there was no way I could vote him. If you want to talk probability, what's the odds of a one shot vig and scum killing the same person (knowing that generally a vig wants to shoot scummy looking people and the mafia wants to kill towny looking ones). The quicklynch went with the odds, and in this case it lost. That happens once every 10 games then. You can't win them all.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #225 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:47 am

Post by mykonian »

Yeah, you wouldn't have convinced me. The way the actions went night one klazams explanation (which cleared bv) made the most sense, and I don't trust my scumhunting over pure odds in that case. The odds that scum had no killed or killed the same player as the vig were simply too low to go on. I mean, that has to be in the range of about 10% and I take an about 90% cleared townie even if that loses me 10% of my games.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”