Micro 40: Vengeful Potatoes GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Post by RobertMontana »

VOTE: shos

2 more plz. Finish game in 2 posts.
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Post by RobertMontana »

OK so let's get rid of RVS right off the bat. Already is completely obvious who is who.

In post 3, Klick wrote:VOTE: basket

Sorry about that.

Clearly lying about being sorry because obviously he is a bad person. Nevertheless, town.

In post 4, RobertMontana wrote:
VOTE: shos

2 more plz. Finish game in 2 posts.

Obvtown. I nominate him for town leader/people's champion.

In post 5, malpascp wrote:I agree with both of you.

Vote: Klick

btw the flavour is awesome

Obviously buddying (but doesn't understand the concept too well so votes for one of the guys he is buddying). Mafia goon.

In post 7, shos wrote:oh and
Vote:robert

OMGUS

Pretends to forget to vote and then hedges it as OMGUS. ObvGodfather.

In post 8, basketballstar24 wrote:
Vote: malpascp

One vote on everyone.

Trying a bit hard not to rock the boat but too blatant for scum. Town too.

Discuss.
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:50 pm

Post by RobertMontana »

In post 12, malpascp wrote:So... I didn't get it, I'm buddying and I'm scum, but you have town reads on everyone else. This setup has 2 scum, so that doesn't make sense at all. btw, if you wanted to get out of RVS, you shouldn't have a random vote anymore.

PS: I would also like to know what cookies are, if you don't mind

Wha. The accusation implies that you are scum who is buddying up to two townies... so you don't get voted.. and lose..? I'm not sure why that's hard to understand. Possibly taking this early vote a little seriously as well, methinks.

In post 13, shos wrote:cookies are a baked form of food, which is usually sweet but nevertheless can taste like oranges. Here, at the dark side, we have'm.

well robert if I'm a godfather then I gotta avoid lynching, must bus malpa quickly~!

I think that it'll take a start of a wagon to get this game going so I'm gonna
Vote: Klick
(L-1)
let's see what happens now.

I am not a huge fan of this post as it feels like how I would respond if I were scum. After my initial accusation, you downplay it by first treating it as a joke, and then reinforcing that my accusation was pure RVS by stating that you're going to get the game going. Feels like you really do not want anyone to seriously consider my accusation.

Of course, my first post *was* semi-joking, so I am keeping that in mind. :P. I don't think the (L-1) notification is a tell either way.

In post 21, Klick wrote:UNVOTE: , VOTE: malpascp

Robert's helped me out. I think he's right on one of his suspicions, but I doubt the team is shos/malpascp. Furthermore, shos is probably town, so that leaves malpascp.

PEdit: What the fuck, Om. You seriously ninja'd me coming back from V/LA.

Can you elaborate on this? Are you saying that you think I must have gotten one of the scum right, and since you think shos is town, mal must be scum by PoE?
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Post by RobertMontana »

In post 16, basketballstar24 wrote:Klick, I'll vote you because there is a 50% chance that you are scum, in my perspective.

No, but I'm not stupid.

Unvote, Vote: shos

So are you still rambling over RVS?

I kinda read this at first as "I should hammer Klick because 50% chance that he is scum. But I won't because that is a dumb idea. But rereading, Klick wasn't on L-1 because Shos changed votes. So. Yeah, also having a bit of a trouble with this post. Perhaps trying to sheep me onto Shos after my godfather accusation? Null read at the moment, so I would like to hear more.

In post 29, shos wrote:
@robert:
so are you saying that you *were* serious in that post? I mean, you generally just took a quick look at the first 5 posts of the game, are you seriously expecting me NOT to take that as RVS? O__o;...so I'm not sure, do you or do you not have any reads so far? I think the game's gone enough to start actually thinking. I'm currently looking at a basketball-scum, with possible suspicion on klick but that's still weak.

Well RVS is never totally random, really. That post expressed the weakest of weak reads and aimed to create content and reactions. I think it has.

@Shos: Can you explain your read on basket more?
@Basket: Why vote Klick after that? If you think he is scum, who is his buddy? Also, yeah please explain #16.
@Klick: Can you explain the basket read more and also elaborate the shos town-read?

Essentially, it seems the case on basket is built on #16 which to me is a null read insofar as it simply confusing. I'm not seeing the scum read. I mean, if its a PoE thing on basket, ok, but say so :P
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:55 pm

Post by RobertMontana »

Um, okay could you guys make clearer posts? Honestly, trying to read through that exchange between shos and basket pissed me off when every point was in reference to 'first line' and 'second line'. Quotes are your friends. It is not in the interests of town to confuse, obviously.

I do not like how there are three of you suspecting basket as scum. I am inclined to believe basket is town for that and other gut tells but we can come back to that.

If Basket is town, then scum is either:

Shos/Klick
Shos/Mal
Mal/Klick

Out of these, I think shos is scum. I do not like the focus on the basket argument. It seems to be substituting confusion for scumminess to try and achieve a mislynch with justification.

That being said, I think it even less likely that both basket and shos are same team. So in the event of a mislynch, I think the lynch pool should be narrowed.

Discuss.
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:21 pm

Post by RobertMontana »

In post 57, Klick wrote:I'm about to hammer basket.

I wish you wouldn't.
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Post by RobertMontana »

To theorise another way.

So I am obvtown. No votes on me, weak town reads, unless anyone wants to seriously contest this, I am town.

Accepting that, if you 3 (mal, she's, and klick) hammer basket, there is necessarily at least one scum on the wagon (and unless they are bussing their partner to death, there are two). Hence, to the town/ies on that wagon, I would encourage you to unvote If you read me as town. At least for now.
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:12 pm

Post by RobertMontana »

OK So I just lost this entire post, so let's make it again. I suspect Klick.

In post 15, malpascp wrote:Why did you choose Klick over everyone else, and then choose BBS over me or Robert?

Besides, the L-1 warning is not very usefull in this game.

I don't think mal is the kind to address his scumbuddy this directly.

In post 21, Klick wrote:UNVOTE: , VOTE: malpascp

Robert's helped me out. I think he's right on one of his suspicions, but I doubt the team is shos/malpascp. Furthermore, shos is probably town, so that leaves malpascp.

PEdit: What the fuck, Om. You seriously ninja'd me coming back from V/LA.

Buddies both me and particularly shos while bussing mal. This is what I believe Klick's strategy to be. Either mal is lynched and Klick gets towncred, they both live through the lynch and the vengekill and win, or Klick is killed and they are effectively distanced. Classic bus. The fact that this was post 21 but has been carried through the game to the present shows its more of a strategy than a read.

In post 62, malpascp wrote:I really think basket is scum, even though I would like to hear more from him. As for now, my gut reads scumteam basket/shos, with shos being the top poster and building a wagon on his partner, expecting to receive major towncred for it. It just does look so, with shos keeping everyone labeled as "possible scum".
I'm not sure yet, I'll have to do a decent re-read.

Again, I think this is too direct an accusation on shos by mal. I feel he would ignore his partner more, as done with Klick, than to list his suspicion of shos in several sentences. This quote and the previous one are of course WIFOM based to some extent, but then I think mal's play in this game doesn't really support a hard bussing nature. Also, the accusation is hedged at the end saying that he needs to re-read. This sounds like insurance in case shos is mislynched, and not something that would need to be said if he was bussing.

In post 63, shos wrote:So I'm the godfather and I'm bussing my goon for towncred like crazy? grabbing all the attention is a dangerous thing to do ya know.
Annnd despite that you think my case on basket is good? or you believe he's scum for other stuff.?

Feels genuine.

In post 75, Klick wrote:Robert is scum if basket isn't.

I do like your case.

I would hammer malpa, but I'm voting him and no one else is. I assume you mean basket? If so, if you want me to hammer now, I will.

Immediately sets up grounds for a mislynch tomorrow (which in the immediately preceding post he reneges on). Passes responsibility and thus blame for the mislynch to shos.
In post 78, shos wrote:oh and I forgot the possibility that basket flips town despite everything.........Then it will really suck since he'll probably target me and autolose.... but if not me then he will probably shoot you or malpa..

I don't see a malpa/robert team so that wouldn't be. a klick/robert is possible just as much as me/robert is I think...so he will probably shoot malpa or me - me for obv reasons, and malpa should probably be more scummy in his eyes than you. so supposing he doesn't shoot me, then it will once again be the mess from before, except with the scums flipped around XD

yeahhh I can live with a hammer. The only reason I don't want it now is to get robert's and malpa's posts. Basket's no longer interesting to me; but I want moar on the other two.

I liked the second paragraph as it read like a town mindset to me. Wanting more discussion is also town but easily faked.
In post 79, Klick wrote:Basically, if we lynch scum today, we win. If we lynch town and they don't shoot me or you, we also win. I'm not going to vote you, and I'm confident that you won't vote me if it comes down to it.

Buddy buddy.

Yeah so as I said, I lost this entire iso post the first time so I got lazy with it the second time around. Anyway, I am really liking the idea of a Klick/Mal scum team, in which Klick bussedMal whereas Mal was more timid and basically ignored Klick (which is interesting given the amount of pressure Klick applied). I think Klick would have liked the Mal lynch and wanted to ride that towncred through lylo and out the other side, but then after all couldn’t ignore the basket lynch. The first time he mentioned voting on the basket lynch, he posed it as a reaction test but I think he was just trying to build more towncred.
I will post more, now that we are in lylo as it is imperative for the other town to gain a strong town read.
Obviously does not need to be said, but no votes please. Much discussion to be had. I need to solidify this read or conclude that it is wrong.
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:44 am

Post by RobertMontana »

Solid point.

So no hammer from me. I am town.

Let the games begin.
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:13 am

Post by RobertMontana »

Also treat above post with grain of salt. Reasons later.
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Post by RobertMontana »

Hammering later tonight. I'd like to hear from Klick mostly before I do so.
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:32 pm

Post by RobertMontana »

Okay so my timeframe just got dicked up and I quite possibly won't be back for a day or two so Imma hammer now.

Having re-read stuff and other games, I doubt my vote would have changed anyway. Keep in mind this is my first lylo so no yelling at me if I failed :P.

VOTE: Klick
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:41 pm

Post by RobertMontana »

Fuck I am the worst. LOL. I wanted to kill shos all game but then I really liked his last big post so hats off to him. Klick, my bad. That is all.

Haha gg guys.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”