Micro 45 - Artemis Fowl Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:47 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Hey everyone. Currently at work, but I should be able to fit in a read of the thread. Will have a real post within 8 hours.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

Top scumreads are shos and Prohawk. However, they're almost definitely not scum together with that flavor CC.

I'm inclined to think absta is town, just because I don't see him attacking everyone as mafia. I think scum would try and ingratiate themselves a bit more with everyone and try to fit in as opposed to drawing a lot of attention from other players.

I played in a Newbie that Mala played in before, and I remember her posting to be similar, in that it's hard to read and not very useful.

Everyone else ranges from null to town, at least for today.

And I'm fine with a shos hammer if no one else has anything to say.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:46 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

shos wrote:I, as a mafia player, am much better player when I'm scum than town. This game, I've been in like L-1 since like page 1, haven't been in the game for liek 10 pages, and then am not even trying to protect myself against my lynch since well, lynching a VT isn't that harmful, and there will be plenty of info after me dead. If I were scum, you would see a very, very different shos."

Well that's a load of bullshit. Then why wouldn't you just play like shit all the time and use that excuse?

Also, why do you have Prohawk as town when he has flavor in his role directly contradictory to yours?

Robocopter87 wrote:Chaos, sup? On first sight the Prohawk slot looks bad but I honestly think that it is a personality thing. Prohawk has a thing for being overlogical.

Hey, someone from Steam Madness I liked playing with. Not too many of those.

I'm not one for meta, but I'll do a cursory glance of his later just to make sure his posting style is consistent. Part of the reason for my scumread on him was that his posts just felt long-winded, like he was forcing content to appear pro-town.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:10 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

vote: ProHawk
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:07 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

ProHawk wrote:Two Scum-Reads - No Vote. He is fine with the shos hammer, but doesn't want to be the one to do it?

He was at L-1 when I replaced in with Mehdi's intent to hammer. No reason to cut off discussion right there. And why is it a big deal that I didn't hammer? I made known I wanted him lynched.

ProHawk wrote:Again, another post with soft-opinions, but no real action.

K. What type of action would you prefer? I can get my cape, run around the town, make some swooshing noises and fight some crime, would that be good for action?

Not really sure what you want here. If you're hammering on about the non-vote, the reasoning is above. Otherwise, I'm not sure what you're getting at.

ProHawk wrote:Avoided voting Day 1 - Fence-sitting

I was in Day 1 for all of 2 fucking posts. I declared my top 2 scumreads, I wouldn't call that fence-sitting. Unless that's in regards to me not voting, in which case you didn't need to word it 3 different ways.

ProHawk wrote:Scum off the town lynch

K. Unless of course they both were, and then that reason's right out.

ProHawk wrote:Still waiting on an explanation of your first D2 Post.

Oh, I just voted you for funsies.

For starters, having conflicting flavor from a confirmed townie doesn't exactly win you a lot of points. It's nothing to base a case on, but at best it's odd. Anyways,

ProHawk wrote:By your incorrect unvote, I have yet to decide if you just forgot who you voted for, or if you are just trying to obfuscate the fact that you had a vote for kmd whom you are now trying to defend.

It was page one. Why in the fuck would you bring up the possibility of him trying to hide he was voting for someone else. Just seems like you're trying to shovel shit on him and hoping it sticks.

ProHawk wrote:That only tells you I am in the forum, and not necessarily the thread. However, is that even ethical to see when a player is "logged in and viewing" the thread as a basis for evidence? It seems akin to trying to see who is PMing who (if that were even possible)

For you to ask if it is ethical implies you think it's cheating. That viewpoint strikes me as more scum than town.

ProHawk wrote:who has to do the most work during the day, scum or town?

ProHawk wrote:what are major scum-tells in your opinion?

Multiple attempts to start a theory discussion. Looks like an attempt to make posts that look pro-town but have no useful information or merit on the game, i.e., active lurking.

Oh, here's something interesting from your iso:
ProHawk wrote:Lynch now... or lynch later. If we lynch now we lose eight days of establishing a baseline on the player base, we lose discussion time. I am not sure how much useful information will be put in the updates, but from my experience on here my guess would be little. So which would be more helpful to the town, lynch now or later? Why are you playing against us?

Lynching later is key.

ProHawk wrote:Just so we are clear, ending the day early gives scum a by. It allows them to post less in terms of no-fluff posts. In my eyes, its pretty close to allowing them to actively lurk without the risk of getting caught.

I'm aware that the time difference is a bit off, but you seem to understand the benefit of prolonging the lynch. When you do it, it's to provide discussion time to help town, but when I do it, I'm fence-sitting and my posts are action-less. Why the double-standard?

ProHawk wrote:You can continue call me scum all you want, but you are dead wrong.

Oh, well shit, why didn't you say you were town before, you would have saved me reading through your iso!

Town's job is to find scum, not appear town, so to claim it like that looks anti-town to me.

ProHawk wrote:So calling out your scummy posts makes me scum? That makes perfect sense.

I am getting the feeling that you just may be the scum we are looking for. Please respond to my questions, they were not rhetorical.

The OMGUS is strong with this one.

ProHawk wrote:do you believe that lurking is beneficial to scum? Why/why not?

Aahhh more theory!

Something else, you seem to apologize a lot.
ProHawk wrote:You are right, my apologies.

ProHawk wrote:My comment about his mistake was to generate discussion, and I am sorry you don't like my methods

This could be more that you're just polite in general than anything, but scum have a tactical reason to apologize to players, town really doesn't.

Post 181 looks like you trying to get a lurker lynch going, which you continue to push in 228 and 231. And then the kicker with that:
ProHawk wrote:So, no I am not voting for him because I feel like he is scum, but I do feel that he could be scum...I would be willing to bet that if he were lynched D1 on every game he lurked, he would either quit playing, or fix the behavior.

and
ProHawk wrote:Shamrock, I would even go so far as to say we cannot let him lurk into the end of Day 1

When GNR got replaced, you jumped onto shos, who you've weakly supported as a lynch, yet mentioned that you believe him to be town.
ProHawk wrote:I'm not going to lie, shos is digging a hole for himself. Going V/LA and then hopping on just to make a vote on the person who is attacking you the most... However, I have lynched too many townies that play poorly like shos is doing. Call it a hunch, but I don't think his flip would give us the most information.

ProHawk wrote:Shos is a viable lynch today, sure but we still have four days to make the decision.

Well that went on way fucking longer than I thought it would. I would guess Shamrock for your partner, but right now that's more of a gut feeling I got from your posts with him.

I see that I'm at L-1. Not claiming.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:39 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

Prohawk, why didn't you respond at all to my last two points you (you pushing a lurker lynch of GNR and jumping onto shos when it fell through)? Those were my strongest points against you, but you felt content just to respond to my lesser ones from reading your play early Day 1.

ProHawk wrote:You seem to swear a lot. Should we get into a correlational discussion about scum and their propensity to be easily agitated under pressure?

Sure, if you think it makes me scum. I think the point's untenable, but if you want to state reasons for thinking it, fine.

Your play D2 doesn't look great either. You jumped onto my wagon at L-1, I post a case against you, your response is middling without addressing any of my strong points against you, my wagon dies down, absta gets some suspicion and you jump right on to that wagon.

Also, when Robo states he wants a claim, you say this:
ProHawk wrote:It seems Absta is calling your bluff Robo.

Anyone else feel like Absta needs to claim?

Did YOU want him to claim there? You voted to put him at L-1, I would think you would, but you never said it, you just took a poll to see how much suppot you had with pushing an absta lynch.

absta, you wanna post top scumreads before you die? I'm finding it difficult to do from your voting history.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:56 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Alright, time for massclaim. I want ProHawk to start.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:49 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Commander Julius Root, one-shot RB, blocked Shamrock N2.

Kmd is next.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:53 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

Kmd4390 wrote:Chaos, why shamrock? And why N2?

At the end of D2, I thought ProHawk and Shamrock were scum, and I had a feeling ProHawk wouldn't want to do the kill with all the pressure on him, so I tried to block who I thought was his partner. ProHawk/Shamrock could still technically be possible if ProHawk performed the kill N2, but I'm inclined to think that's not the case. Mala's likely town, which leaves ProHawk/Kmd.

Kmd4390 wrote:Actually. Chaos, what is the flavor for Root as a RB.

I can target a player to yell at them and prevent them from doing anything else at night.

I'll wait to read over ProHawk's post before placing a vote, but I'm almost positive I'm voting for ProHawk.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:27 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

ProHawk wrote:I don't know about you, but I honestly don't find it the least bit threatening. Leaning scummy? I have been accused of much worse by more people than Robo. If I wanted to kill anyone that was threatening me it would have been Chaos.

Except that would have drawn so much attention to yourself, since I've been attacking you since I replaced in. With the way Robo was pushing lynches and how he started to have a change of heart on you D2, it makes perfect sense for you to kill him.

Kmd4390 wrote:Chaos, if I'm prohawk's buddy, why am I coming up with him as scum in my analysis?

You've been here for over 4 years and you can't think of any reason why one scum would have a scum read on his partner?
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

Prod dodge, really tired, will post tomorrow.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:10 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

vote: Kmd

Pretty sure Mala is town, and ProHawk/Shamrock as scumbuddies is firmly destroyed with the lack of hammer by Shamrock on Kmd. Only leaves 2 scum pairs, and Kmd is in both.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:48 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

vote: ProHawk

Good to know I was right, although I have a feeling it won't matter. I've stated my thoughts on ProHawk through Day 2 (which, by the way, you never did answer my Post 489:

In post 489, ChaosOmega wrote:Prohawk, why didn't you respond at all to my last two points you (you pushing a lurker lynch of GNR and jumping onto shos when it fell through)? Those were my strongest points against you, but you felt content just to respond to my lesser ones from reading your play early Day 1.

ProHawk wrote:You seem to swear a lot. Should we get into a correlational discussion about scum and their propensity to be easily agitated under pressure?

Sure, if you think it makes me scum. I think the point's untenable, but if you want to state reasons for thinking it, fine.

Your play D2 doesn't look great either. You jumped onto my wagon at L-1, I post a case against you, your response is middling without addressing any of my strong points against you, my wagon dies down, absta gets some suspicion and you jump right on to that wagon.

Also, when Robo states he wants a claim, you say this:
ProHawk wrote:It seems Absta is calling your bluff Robo.

Anyone else feel like Absta needs to claim?

Did YOU want him to claim there? You voted to put him at L-1, I would think you would, but you never said it, you just took a poll to see how much suppot you had with pushing an absta lynch.

You believed Shamrock to be scum more than me D3, but near the end of the day, that flipped:

ProHawk wrote:My second scum read is on Shamrock.

At the beginning of the game, I had noted his play as seeming calculated and cautious. His Day 2 play was lack-luster as well, with a few arguments to try and throw doubt into Mala's claim, and then asking for a hammer, and discrediting absta's claim.

ProHawk wrote:I would consider a KMD/CO scum team.

KMD is def. part of the team.

ProHawk wrote:what we need is Shamrock to make the decision. He is the most undecided out of us all, and the most likely to be town.

What made your change your read like that during D3?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”