Micro 242: Les Miserables Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:54 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Hi. Those of you who know me are probably pissing and moaning that you had some really bad fucking luck to have me show up. The rest of you, particularly the scum: remember my name, you'll be screaming it later. I am doing my review and will have content today.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:09 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Here are the reasons why you shouldn't mislynch me:

1) I'm Jean Valjean, Town Bodyguard. I fucking promise you this problem will take care of itself by simple setup logic alone if half of you have a brain to execute it.

2) Has anyone been paying attention to the VC? It's like Elle and mhork have a double voter in the other player since VC 1.04. Their stances are almost identical to the point of...well, there are exactly two prospects on why that is the way it is, but in this small of the game, a voting block of one third the players (because GG has been voting similar to mhork and Elle) is pretty fucking suspicious.

3) Mhork is way too eager to pus this lynch to the point he's not only power tunnelling, I half expect the song 'There's a Hole In the World Tonight' to turn out to be the discussion of the push hardon he has against Mae. And #74, that thing you used to rebut Mae's assertion she's the only one you've called explicitly scum all game? THAT'S BECAUSE IN THE POST YOU CITED, SHE'S THE ONLY ONE BESIDES A THROWAWAY QUESTION YOU CITE AS SCUM. Read the post, folks.

The difference between Mhork and the rest of the Unholy Axis of Voting is that Mhork has pushed this to the point of opportunism. Elle, I could buy as town because Mhork needs a read to crib off of, and so GG. I'm still not buying the whole 'it's a coincidence' bullshit that one third of town has a voting bloc; I'm thinking one, maybe two of them are scum, and I find the interactions between Elle and Mhork...soft in the gut, but you guys want to flip me? Fine. The role's created to be disposable. But if you don't fucking look at who's on my wagon and the close, almost bizarre association that Elle and Mhork have set up for themselves DAY FUCKING ONE---this loss of this game I wipe my hands on.

I can't defend Mae--her play is admittedly pretty fucking dreadful--except to say the lack of engagement reads to me in a Town aspect as a player with a protection role that doesn't want to be outed. That said, that's almost newbie town and Mae's been around since 2009, so she might not be...good at this to begin with.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:11 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 348, Grimgroove wrote:You claiming your intent to hammer would be good.

Forcing him to claim while he's still not entirely with his head in the game should provide the most interesting result.
You're cute. I'm still working through the game, but I've given you some things to consider. Which you probably won't, because I sorta called you on some shit.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:17 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 270, mastin2 wrote:VOTE: Lord Mhork.

Right, so Mala, I'm really liking what Mae's selling, combined with Mhork's overall bad posting.

Put it another way--funky might feel like scum...but Mhork also not only feels like scum, but LOOKS like scum as well. :P

Short on time atm, but basically, I really want today to be Mhork vs. Funky (lean towards Mhork), rather than Funky vs. Mae. Funky vs. Mae feels funky. :P Doesn't seem right, doesn't seem natural. Also, I know I said (and Mae agrees) that Mhork vs. Funky can't be scum-scum, but I'm kinda getting a gut feeling today that, somehow, despite all logic pointing to that not being right, it actually is right. :P Hence, another reason why having the two wagons be Funky and Mhork would be better.
In post 271, Lord Mhork wrote:Hey.

Hey mastin.

Hey.

What's townie about Mae's posting? Her post was wrong and based in her making things up that didn't actually happen. Where's the town in her posting? Where's the town motivation in misrepresenting me?
I quoted this answer and response to make a point.

What would be closer to a town reaction to Mastin's 270 would be 'how do you think I'm scum again?'

Instead, Mhork went with the ballsier, but infinitely more scumtard, 'oh, yeah, the Mae townread is bullshit. I'm not going to redress the grievance, but fucking divert on how much I want Mae lynched, to the point that I'm going to ignore the negative association or any other mine-able points that exist in your post.'
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:27 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 285, Grimgroove wrote:Maemuki-bv103 is my Day 1 guess for a scumteam. You guys have to pay me a tribute with a mix of Disney-songs after the game, if I am correct.
You're not, but you're talking about BV, who's posts at best are garden variety lurker, and at worst are scum lurker who didn't know what the fuck to do with his slot. In a role madness game, that's pretty fucking incredible.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:31 am

Post by Ghostlin »

^This is actually giving me a Town-lean on Grimgroove despite my concerns on the VC; it doesn't fit the two scum reactions to a lurker, which is to ignore the problem, or do what I like to call 'GET THE FUCK IN HERE AND POST. SEE HOW TOWN IT IS THAT I'M PUSHING A LURKER TO POST??' Now, I tend towards the second as either alignment, but that's mostly because my town persona is deliberately constructed to be blunt and off-putting (probably a much more rude version of my base personality) and my scum persona generally is formualted to throw off towns. In other words, one is to cut through the bullshit, the other is to construct it.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 374, Lord Mhork wrote:Oh Ghostlin is adorable. He's one of those players.

1) I suppose I'll buy that for now. A body guard is a nice, low powered role especially for a Role Madness setup.

UNVOTE: Ghostlin

2) What do you make of the fact that elle and I have been voting together for awhile? You say that it's suspicious, but why exactly is it suspicious? Especially with GG too? We all have mutual town reads on one another last I checked, why wouldn't we vote together?

3) This isn't power tunneling. I've been stuck on Mae for awhile because SHE QUIT POSTING. If you read my posts, you'd see all sorts of angles I've been pursuing. There was Grimgroove. There was shos. There's still funkybike. And there's been Mae. How have I been tunneling? How have I been optimistic? Am I not allowed to point out suspicious activity once someone stops posting? Is that a free pass to scummy behavior?

So why can't all three of us be town? Why is that so impossible? Is it because we're voting you? You're acting just like mastin: 'this is obviously suspicious because I feel it in my gut why are you guys not feeling it too?'

That's very close to an Amish Tell along with the 'I'm disposable' that makes me have lingering bad vibes, but there are better targets than a body guard we direct if he survives the night.

In addition about my 'ballsiness,' if you read my posts up until then, you will see that I had been asking mastin about how he was so sure she was town. That's why I asked for the town in her posts; he had told me that mine had none. Don't try to sling mud. At least find something decent to use. Or better yet, help lynch scum.

Elle, bv or funky? I still find funky scum but I really don't like that bv dropped off the radar. What do you think?

PEDIT:
Did you even read my post, mastin?
I cut out the questions that are pertienent.

1) I don't tend to necessarily vote with people I find Town. Granted, this is larger games, but a town bloc of three is alarming to me because it creates a plurality unfound in many other games. For example, if you had 4-5 players in a 13 player game all vote together Day 1, which is a kin to herding cats; well, I'd fucking raise an eyebrow. In a 21 player game, a 7 player townbloc ratcheting out the scums is pretty damn unlikely Day 1, and again, would raise a few eyebrows if that lynch went through quickly.

Yes. I am talking numbers, but 2/9 and three out of nine people who have placed the votes they have makes it more likely at least one is opportunistic.

Is it
possible
? Sure. But we're not discussing if something's fucking possible, really, Mhork; we're talking about the interesting fact that you all seem to gel so well Day 1, and my paranoid is telling me that's not a GOOD thing.

2) Part of this I cover in 1) above; I'm not saying fucking impossible--there's an entire gambler's fallacy about it, but it pings me.

The reason I call you death tunneling is you have pursued your Mae read almost to the extension of everyone else. BV stopped posting long before Mae did.
You're not pushing him.
Funkybike is still here and present--
you're not pushing him
, and you even advocated for shos to put Mae at L-1 instead of continuing to vote for
someone he truly believes is at least an equal scum read

Damn, if that's not death tunneling, I don't know what is. I'm not saying that you don't believe other people are scum or are capable of making those suspicions if you're scum--I'm saying out of the people on the Mae wagon, you're the one who seemed to have less engagement with anyone else you found to be scum.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:16 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 375, elleheathen wrote:Also, why do you find Mhork and I's closeness more suspicious than Grim and I's twining?
Because out of the three of you I like Mhork better for scum, and he seems closer to you than Grim.

I think you were expecting a longer, more higher level, 'I shit gold bricks as town' answer, but that's all I have, cupcake. Strong interaction with a scum read is an entirely different set of bananas to someone I have generally good feels about because town dry hump--I mean buddy each other too.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 326, funkybike1 wrote:I know how that feels. We have 3 days to deadline. I agree with Mhork on the lack of any Mae town case. This may be due to inactivity though I have to say I did get a slight scum vibe when I looked at her (nearly nonexistent) iso. My other guesses at the moment are shos and Malakittens, but those are more guesses than anything.
Hit me with your guesses, presuming you believe my claim. Hell, even if you fucking don't; what about Malakittens and Shos that seems off to you that would put them in the potential scum pool?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Transitive sorting:

Town--Mastin, Mala

Axis of Votes, from Towniest to Scummiest--GG (prob-town), elle (null), Mhork (scum)

Scum--bv (that slot has committed similar sins to this one and you guys wanted to hang me first. the lack of any kind of mention except from GG pings me hard), Mhork, funkybike (326 was really bad. I don't feel anything positive from funk)

?- shos; some of his early stuff makes me go 'what' and some of his later stuff seems really good. Despite Mhork's opposition to it, I thought his transitive reasoning for sorting the clusterfuck that is funky and this slot seemed more town than scum.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:05 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 398, Malakittens wrote:Interesting.

UNVOTE: funky

Grim you say you want to pressure me, but put Funky to L-1 instead?

Hay ghostlin, why am I town? :P you aren't sheeping Mastin right?
Oh yes. I am Mastin's puppet and his fingers are up my ass right now.

No, it's mostly good vibes from your slot, plus something else that I am bluntly not able to discuss.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:19 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 400, funkybike1 wrote:I don't see the point in unvoting just because someone claimed Bodyguard, especially in a role madness game. This may be a special case because of the replacement, so...

VOTE: Mhork

Since this will drag on until I claim, I'll do so.
I'm the Bishop, Town Tracker.
This is fucking suspicious, according to one of my maxims. Not because he claimed tracker, that's null. Because he claimed early, than put Mhork at L-2.

I am one of those players who believe that you should be helpful to town, but in order to see a claim, you should force the Town to pay admission.

Giving away a role means often that you want to be cleared. Quickly. It is a mistake I see towns make, but it's often pretty indictive you're not town.

Unvote.

Vote: Funky (L-1)

I'd like Mhork still, but FB is too blatant to ignore and lets cap the claims for a minute.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:26 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 395, mastin2 wrote:
In post 374, Lord Mhork wrote:Did you even read my post, mastin?
Yes, but given as how it was two massive posts saying "Mae's slot is scum", I elected to ignore them. :P
In post 375, elleheathen wrote:I still don't get it - I still don't understand it and either he's just
that good
I try to be humble, but bluntly?

Yes. I am that. damn. good. :P I can smell a mislynch from a mile away, see the scum pushing it from five-hundred feet. I may not have perfect accuracy, especially on my scumreads, but my townreads are much, MUCH more accurate. When I say a player's town, they're going to damn-well be town. :P (Ghostlin can, to some extent, corroborate this.)
I hate to grow his ego, I really do, but Mastin's pretty damn good. I generally respect his opinions, even if he seems pretty fucking froot loops at the time.

His biggest weakness I have found is he tends to go professor mafia in games he's in. If the dissonance sets in, it'll be around his scum, not so much his town.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:28 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Although, to be fair, I am not a Mastin expert. We've played a few games together.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:33 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 401, Lord Mhork wrote:Hah. That belated OMGUS.

Also, Mhork has a point here. But it's not any belated OMGUS that's got me going.

It is pretty dissonant to say I am a bad fuck to jump off of and it looks like you jump on the next fucking wagon in line.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:26 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Because unfortunately, it was a guess between her and Mastin. And I guarded Mastin.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:27 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 423, shos wrote:Do then, what is a drink vendor?
If it's anything like a fruit vendor, she can send fruit to people who can see she sent fruit to them. It's a pretty not awesome role.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #17) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Vote: BV310

It was a safe hammer, he did none of the fucking lifting yesterday; and being a safe hammer, it'd look suspicious if he DIDN'T BUS.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (isolation #18) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Also, town will have to lynch me if I'm still alive the day before XYLO. Becaue there isn't any fucking way I'm going to be lynched for the loss.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:02 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 431, Lord Mhork wrote:Ghostlin, I don't think that bv is that good a person to go after right now. What do you think of mala?
Not as scum as you or BV right now. My gut from Day 1 admittedly may be really fucking off, but from comparisons with Mala from other places, she's not pinging my scum-dar right now.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:05 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 472, Grimgroove wrote:Lord Mhork has always read town to me. This day is further confirmation in this regard. He seems to vouch for bv310 from what I could gather. Scum would have no interest whatsoever to put bv310 forward as confirmed town. bv310, if indeed town, would have been the ideal mislynch for scum. So Mhork's confirmation makes both Lord Mhork and bv310 also town.
Not really. And this creates a small clusterfuck in logic when it comes to shos clearing Mala on this page. It is bleeding unlikely there are two different roles that exist to clear townies.

The fact that Mhork starts out by needling shos about what role he's holding sits exceptionally ill to me, so I seriously don't understand this part of this post.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:09 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 472, Grimgroove wrote:I can't see mastin as scum for several reasons. He was on funky's ass starting from his very first post. In mastin's case this is very telling, considering he made this topic: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31660. In general he was reading quite town to me, despite (or maybe because of) his reads sometimes seeming strange.
Mastin is Town, but it's not because he plays Professor Mafia at the local cantina; and there are reasons to push an underwhelming, newer scum player like funky under the bus, and it's precisely logic like this. T

Try harder.

(Borderline OOC: It's actually an excellent post. I think it's horrific policy to let MD lead your lynch decisions.)
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:10 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 452, shos wrote:MALA IS NOT SCUM.
In post 454, shos wrote:I CAN
In post 478, Lord Mhork wrote:I wasn't needling Shos about what role he was holding. >.>
#455. Aside from a full claim, how in piss did you expect HIM TO SHOW YOU WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:15 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 486, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 482, Lord Mhork wrote:It never even crossed my mind that it could be role related.
:facepalm:
Yeah, I didn't fucking buy it either.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (isolation #24) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:16 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 472, Grimgroove wrote:Ghostlin, did you crumb who you would be protecting?
Nope. I'm not a fan of spelling out people's names with my own blood and the like, and it doesn't actually help my damn role if I do or don't.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:22 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 487, Grimgroove wrote:1. Wat is MD?
2. Why do you bother commenting on an argument when you actually agree with the townread? I also gave comments on your slot and asked you a direct question, so it bothers me you choose to comment on this rather than my questions/remarks to you.

1. Mafia Discussion.
2. It does two things: one, it let's you interact with my pretty face, and two, when I say shit like this, I'm not really concerned about Mastin, but how you got that thought process on Mastin. In other words, I'm more direly concerned about the logic you're using to seemingly clear Mastin because if you're scum (and yes, I do rank that as unlikely) you've already discarded him as an unlikely mislynch by doing so.

The problem with your previous comments about the active lurking is I don't know what's going through funky's head in the first, and in the second, I feel that that was also equidistancing from both shos and Mhork, neither of which you'll argue their alignment about.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:53 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 487, Grimgroove wrote:Why would mhork-scum suddenly grant a townread on BV310?
This is Mastin's rather limp, defomed baby, but I'll make a fucking stab at it: the only reasons he would have is to divert a lynch off BV because BV isn't a very hard lynch and this would create towncred. Also, by claiming BV town, he can crumb some sort of investigation role later when he gets the lay of the land better.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Hey, Grim. If you're that convinced about Mastin/me, why aren't you voting Mastin/me?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:34 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

It sounds like you've PoEd this game to shit; I, personally, would of made a confident move and told town to get on the wagons I liked or else.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:46 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 506, shos wrote:Pool is ghostlin, mastin, gg. I dunno what to do
I'm going to make a nigh suicidal suggestion, but if you believe in the PoE here, you work on us from most to least suspicious. In this case, it would be me, then Mastin, then GG.

With seven alive, you could do this as a play.

Lynch Ghostlin (6/9 alive)
NK a player (5/9 alive)
Lynch Mastin (4/9 alive)
NK (3/9 alive)
Lynch GG in LYLO, hopefully win.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (isolation #30) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:03 am

Post by Ghostlin »

I'm ok with massclaim in that everyone knows my role and I could get in front of any investigative roles tonight.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (isolation #31) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:59 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 561, mastin2 wrote:
In post 549, shos wrote:GG, mastin, mhork. whoever gets this first, claim.
Alright.

Claim: Jailkeeper
. I jailed Ghostlin last night. Thus, why short of a third scum (his scumbuddy doing the killing), him being a roleblocker (and also requiring roleblocker resolving before jailkeep, even though that's fairly standard) AND blocking me, or him being a strongman, he's confirmed town.

I'm sure there's at least one way that you'll be going, "...huh?" to my claim, so let's see if I can hit the common points. :P

-
"Doesn't your role conflict with Ghostlin's?"

Theoretically, yes, in that they're both protective roles. But I don't think so. They actually work awesomely together, and you know why? Both have a negative aspect to them. The bodyguard's protection is a self-sacrifice. The jailkeeper's protection prevents the target from actioning. Maybe, maaaaaaaybe in a normal micro game, they'd conflict, but this game is explicitly role madness, and I can easily see two different protective roles in the game. Plus, there's the fact that they can't create a self-feeding loop. Doctor-BG, yes. JK-bg, not so much. The jailkeeper blocks the bodyguard.

-
"Weren't you at all suspicious of him, though? Even a little bit?"

Okay. So I admit it. If that same claim had come from, say, Mhork, I would have lynched his ass. :P Know why? Because I typically take the stance as a player to trust my reads over roleclaims. I do make exceptions to the rule, and it's more like a general guideline, but it's generally how I treat the game. I can see Ghostlin's role as being a scum fakeclaim...but I can't see Ghostlin being scum fakeclaiming. In addition to having Mae as a townread, in addition to having Ghostlin as a townread, there's also the way he claimed and how he's handled himself the whole game. That all says town, and thus, I trusted him to actually be town.

-
"Okay. But why protect a role whose explicit purpose is to die?"

Well, I figured the scum were either going to kill him or Malakittens. Both were my strongest townreads, both are incredibly-strong players, Ghostlin's role would be a pain in the ass to scum, and Malakittens was a decent townread of people. But, knowing it was role madness, I figured that Malakittens very well could be an investigative role, and I didn't want to roleblock her. Whereas with Ghostlin, I knew his claim. I knew what his role did. It was a self-sacrificing protection. And thus, not an investigative role. And thus, not something my own role could interfere with.

Plus, it had an added bonus. If a kill went through (like it did), then aside from very select circumstances (which I don't believe to be true*), it'd confirm Ghostlin as being town with only one scum alive, and put aside people's doubt on him once and for all.

*Okay. So I actually think there may be a mafia interference role. Maybe a commuter (if bv were a commuter, then it'd explain Grimgroove's no-result), maybe a roleblocker, but I don't think GHOSTLIN is that player. :P
This is so buttfuck nuts I'm blink through the layers involved in this. If Mastin's scum on this claim, it's intricate.

Of course, there's the other reason that Mastin could be claimng JK, is a scum JK/roleblocker, and blocked me because I could of saved Elle.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (isolation #32) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:01 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Also, going to check something. BRB.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (isolation #33) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:02 am

Post by Ghostlin »

OK. I also am checking something with the mod.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (isolation #34) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:18 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Although it leaves us with one fact: I'm roughly 80% clear, unless there's a really odd scum/town distribution.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (isolation #35) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Here's why I'm 80% Town:

Presuming Mastin is scum, he needs a feasible explanation for someone he blocked and why. Assuming he is the last scum (and I think 2/9 is good for Role Madness mini); he clears me even if he doesn't have a blocking/protective role. (Although he probably does have said role, regardless of alignment. It's easier to keep track/claim something you actually have).

Presuming Mastin is town; he'd have relatively no reason to clear a player who's alignment he didn't know, and a NK happened last night, so Mastin knows I didn't do it.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (isolation #36) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:16 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

I wish to not claim who I protect tonight. I'd rather not scum make plans around it.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (isolation #37) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Outright, anyway. I will probably breadcrumb it, so if I die, I'll clear who didn't die in my place.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (isolation #38) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:09 am

Post by Ghostlin »

I can't verify Mastin's claim. According to PA, I would not necessarily know if I was blocked.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #39) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:10 am

Post by Ghostlin »

As in, I wouldn't get one of the those cute messages that say 'you were blocked tonight, no action taken.'
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (isolation #40) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:11 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 678, Lord Mhork wrote:You have got to be fucking kidding me. There is no fucking way you are all so dense.

I have class. I'll be here in two and a half hours.

I cannot fucking believe that this is happening.

I'm not sure if this is town vomiting shit rage, or scum caught for the wrong reasons.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (isolation #41) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:40 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Alright. Here's a visual for you:

I have a certain number of levers in front of me and they're labelled different things:

Lever the first: Mhork. I hate to fucking admit it, but Mastin has a point. At the same time, he's kind of ignoring the other prong of that point to hang Mhork. And Mhork's beginning to make a lot of fucking sense. I didn't like Day 1, but Day 2 is making sense. I think he and Mastin are in the kind of death tunnel that we'll have to lynch one or the other of them, but I'm not 100% it's Mhork.

Also, a letter writer and a fruit vendor in the same game? WTF?

Lever the second: Mastin. Three things bug me about Mastin, in retrospect.
1) He flattered me from the word go. I'm kind of a fucking prickly player on purpose and one part of that is to repel flattery; also I think he way over estimates me.
2) There's two holes in his claim. First, If he believed I was scum, then why block me? Think real hard: I went out of Day 1 with almost no one convinced of my innocence, except possibly Mastin. Here's the pisser:
I don't think it's likely I could of executed a kill last night even if scum.
Either he thinks I'm better than I am, or he's never read my fucking scum game. Clearing me would perhaps have a townie who believed in him decrying his innocence; also, there's virtually no opportunity cost, as a bodyguard, my role is practically the definition of disposable. He could shut me down pretty harmlessly and look protown doing it.
Second, his entire push this day against Mhork...most of it is setup speculation. TRUE setup speculation, but setup speculation nonetheless. Also, he ignores a fucking important detail DURING the setup speculation to solely push a case on Mhork, which is dishonesty by omission. I think he's picking for endgame already, and I think he wants Mhork gone before then, and it'd be better in an either/or mislynch (which is also a point against Mhork as well).

The last lever is BV. Here's why: neighborizer can be a scum role. It's very much to scum's advantage to get a Town player on his side, and BV's play by the idea of Occam's fucking Razor hasn't been the strongest. It would behoove him to draft a strong player with a light amount of suspicion to be his advocate. Hence, Mhork. Also, a very powerful scum role that could of fucked Town hard flipped.

Here's the setup as I see it if that was true:
Mhork (mailman)
Elle (fruit vendor)
Mastin (jailkeeper, can also fuck with any of town's abilities along with scum)
GG: Follower
Mala: (????. I actually have a bunch of ideas about this, but I like the WIFOM she's created so I'm not going to share my thoughts)
Shos: Tracker

BV: Scum neighborizer
Funk: Scum redirector (there's a lot of ways this coulda got ugly)

I find myself in need of information. FUCK. Oh, I'm dumb.

Grim, I want you to ask the mod (yes, you're going to have to be the one to do it) what the result would be if you were blocked versus your target going nowhere.

It just hit me, looking over the roleclaims. I don't want to say more, but this is a 1v1.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (isolation #42) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:41 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 676, Grimgroove wrote:I've looked at MHork's interactions with funkytown, and I'm suddenly very inclined to vote him.

Take a look yourself.
In post 30, Lord Mhork wrote:Oh wow

VOTE: funkybike1

Pointing out that you're backpedaling doesn't make it any less sketch. You put me at L-1 on page one; you don't just drop it when someone points out what you did. In addition the fact you you seem to not have noticed the logical disconnect between your not liking putting someone at L-2 in the first page and putting me there with 5 posts of that. You don't even provide real rationale for jumping on me, implying that you're just bullshitting opinions.

Odds are you're probably town because very few scum are that dense, but it's definitely something worth pushing.

What exactly is your opinion of early game wagons?
That sentence always rang weird to me, and a scum-bus could fit with this. Provide a real argument as to funky-scum,b ut for some reason take the heat off and leave the door open to get off that wagon.
In post 56, Lord Mhork wrote:What's Morton's fork?

VOTE: shos

Don't worry, funky. I haven't forgotten you.
He votes shos for the townread shos gave to funky. In a way this can still be considered a bus to funky, but Mhork chooses another wagon. This is illogical: Mhork claims to think funky is scum. shos thought funky was town at that point. Mhork moves his vote away from funky and moves it to shos. It seems to fit, but it really is rather awkward if you think about it.
In post 74, Lord Mhork wrote:
Funky,
why are you scum?
if you aren't scum, who is?
It feels like a pretty blanket statement with little engagement, and very few additional arguments. It feels as if MHork doesn't need a lot of arguments to call funky scum, apart from what he said right after RVS.
I think a typical thing for scum bussing scum, is that they call eachother scum but don't really bother with formulating arguments. Psychologically this is understandable, since for scum it oes without saying their buddy is scum.
In post 96, Lord Mhork wrote:Oh yay Grim is prolly town woohoo!

Scum is somewhere in Mae/Krazy/Shos. GG.
He forgot funkytown here. Despite having called him obvscum plenty of times before.
In post 186, Lord Mhork wrote:Then what are your thoughts thus far? Who do you think is scum? I mean other than obv scum funky.
Still no additional arguments. and he keeps finding reasons not to vote said obvscum.
In post 374, Lord Mhork wrote:Oh Ghostlin is adorable. He's one of those players.

1) I suppose I'll buy that for now. A body guard is a nice, low powered role especially for a Role Madness setup.

2) What do you make of the fact that elle and I have been voting together for awhile? You say that it's suspicious, but why exactly is it suspicious? Especially with GG too? We all have mutual town reads on one another last I checked, why wouldn't we vote together?

3) This isn't power tunneling. I've been stuck on Mae for awhile because SHE QUIT POSTING. If you read my posts, you'd see all sorts of angles I've been pursuing. There was Grimgroove. There was shos.
There's still funkybike.
And there's been Mae. How have I been tunneling? How have I been optimistic? Am I not allowed to point out suspicious activity once someone stops posting? Is that a free pass to scummy behavior?
Cosy in the middle.
Elle, bv or funky? I still find funky scum but I really don't like that bv dropped off the radar. What do you think?
Still thinks funky is obvscum, still no additional arguments, and trying to find another reason to vote someone else over funky, in this case bv. Looking for support towards elleheathen.
In post 376, Lord Mhork wrote:That was a question directed at you. >.>

Elle, (should we lynch) bv or funky?
The question repeats itself. Despite having had an obscum read on funky for the entire day, he wants to consider the option of a lurker-lynch.
In post 388, Lord Mhork wrote:Your death tunneling thing is wrong Ghostlin.

This is a post I made where I explained my reads on people. It's not like I am ignoring anyone. Well except bv but that's mainly because I forgot he existed. I'll admit I got a little distracted, but that was more because I was waiting for Mae before I could move on.

In addition you can note that I have attacked shos. I've attacked funky. I've attacked Mae. I've even semi attacked mastin. The only reason it looks like I'm 'tunneling' is due to the fact that my attacks on her have lasted longer. Which isn't my fault. Again, it stemmed from her not posting. You'll note that I wasn't saying much of anything while I was waiting for Mae. It's not like I've been bullying through anything. I don't even see where you're getting opportunism from.

Now that you mention it, it is odd that bv stopped posting. I admit that's my bad, but I was distracted. Being distracted when pursuing a scum read is hardly a scum tell. It's minor tunneling, but not tunneling to the sheer extent that you have made it out to be.

As for funky, I haven't really pushed him because I think he's scum. He's, like, solidly scum. What is there to be gained pushing there? I've been more interested in sorting out the null/scums.

You're gonna have to refer me back to the shos vote thing because I can't remember what that is.

Your push on me is bad, but at least it's not mastin bad. I'm not saying you're cleared as town by any stretch, but I feel better about you than I felt about Mae.

Elle hurry I can't decide :o

For now:
VOTE: funkybikeone
Finally the vote. But the thing in bold sounds far from natural.

I've decided. Props on the poem Mhork, but you're scum.

Also, looking at the night actions, it makes sense. Mhork killed Elleheathen and blocked me. He called us town, so he had to neutralize us in another way: during the night.

Also props to mastin. He makes no sense but it seems he was correct about all his reads. Reminiscent of an oracle, talking jibberish but truthful and full of wisdom at the core.

Sorry if I'm running ahead of things, but I really feel I've had an epiphany here.

VOTE: Lord Mhork
No one MOVE until I get my answer. Crap up the thread all you like, but don't you fucking dare try to lynch anyone until I get it.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (isolation #43) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:48 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 703, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
In post 702, Grimgroove wrote:I already unvoted Mhork again.

To address your immediate question:
In post 700, Ghostlin wrote:Grim, I want you to ask the mod (yes, you're going to have to be the one to do it) what the result would be if you were blocked versus your target going nowhere.

I don't need to ask the mod. My role pm is already quite clear on that, by enumerating the following possible results:

investigative, protective, manipulative, killing, miscellaneous, none, no result

The last two are the answer to your question. If the target hadn't one anywhere, I would have gotten "none".
But I got "no result", meaning I got blocked (because bv310 obviously didn'y).
We lynch Mastin now. Grimgroove tomorrow if Mastin flips Town. (He probably fucking won't.)

Vote: Mastin
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (isolation #44) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:49 am

Post by Ghostlin »

We've all been theorizing about bullshit we forgot one small thing:

With only one claim for RB, it's shit impossible for me AND Grim to be roleblocked.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (isolation #45) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:50 am

Post by Ghostlin »

So either Grim is lying or Mastin's lying about who he targeted. We lynch Mastin today, Grim tomorrow.

GG scum.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (isolation #46) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:51 am

Post by Ghostlin »

And PV's going to get a fucking kick on me voting with our hydra.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (isolation #47) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:53 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 708, Grimgroove wrote:There can be a roleblocker on townside and one on scumside, and I wouldn't expect the one on scumside to claim it when he saw the guy on townside already do it.

This is not as convincing an argument as you think it is Ghostlin, think it through :p

Welcome to the mindfuckfest by the way.
Mmm. Occam's Razor: it'd be more likely for Mastin to fuck the claim than it would be for someone to not simply claim RB; either way, the most likely out of the RB candidates are a small list (and we all know, with Mastin's claim, it can't be me).
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (isolation #48) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:23 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 744, shos wrote:Anyone considered 3rd party existence?

That plan doesnt really do anything.

Mhorks role imo is useless and can belong to scum even uf he isnt lying.

Mala, please claim, itll truly truly help.

Ghostlin is conf by mastin.
I am conf by mala and mala is conf by me.

We need malas claim to plan the night.
No. It seems unlikely at this point in a role madness game and the lack of NKs last night points to it not existing.

Guys, it's very likely Grimgroove/Mastin. Either Grim is lying about his role OR Mastin is lying about who he targetted.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (isolation #49) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:25 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Also, there's a lot of hand wringing over this decision, even if a fucking third party (Survivor or Even Night SK) existed. I'm not advocating that we should chain either one of those fucks, but if we mislynch, those two will need fucking us anyway to help them lynch the last scum (in fact, with Town winning, it's a Survivor's best interest to sit down, shut up and scumhunt with us.)
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (isolation #50) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:26 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Never mind. Can't contain a survivor. When did survivor become fucking bastard?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (isolation #51) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:57 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Hey, Mastin, aren't you glad I replaced in? :)

Actually, I enjoyed this game. But what really undid Mastin was his 'one white lie.'

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”