Micro 295: Cowardly Hider Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

I disagree with the mass-claim idea. I think we should scumhunt normally during Day 1 and come up with plans to optimize role usage later on. The setup speculation is boring and I don't have any reads yet. I'll check with Nacho and re-read to see where he is at regarding the claims and our reads. I don't feel confident about any reads yet.

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:32 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

If I was trying to garner towncred, I would quicklynch you.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:12 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 26, Varsoon wrote:So are we going to stick with a massclaim or not?
It'd be supes awkward if only like three people claimed.
Massclaim idea seems damaging at worst, useless at best. Scum already know the setup, so it's not like any scum will be outed claims wise. Massclaiming means that scum know which players are which hiders and thus it becomes easier to figure out when to commute and who to kill (especially since every claimed VT is a free kill when they need it, which might come into play if we ever get into MyLo). I haven't figured out a way to break up the setup yet and I don't think there are any decent strategies thanks to the chain rule (unless we have three or so scummy players create a chain, but that's not exactly a #swag strategy because scum doesn't have to claim hider). Why would we massclaim?
In post 49, GuyInFreezer wrote:Also I wanna call #44 town.
It's decently town to me.
In post 53, BROseidon wrote:We do need a good way to slip hider crumbs through without them being obvious. I think each person stating who they would hide behind were they a hider in such a way that it forms a circle might be the best way to go about it.
I'm not gonna crumb shit.
Mostly, players should attempt to make themselves bulletproof, not find scum. The title of the game is cowardly hiders, not hero hiders.
In post 94, bubbajack8 wrote:Quick lynching requires others.
No, it doesn't.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:16 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Vote: BROseidon

I think GiF's list is actually pretty good, aside from some glaring faults in his read on us. I would move up notscience and move down Able and BRO (two slots), though, but I'm crazy and also better at the game than he is.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #4) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:26 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Hey, Xay, how does it feel to be playing with Nacho as town?
Awesome or awesome?
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #5) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:20 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Never and also the timer isn't for 10 hours >.>
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #6) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:33 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 106, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 99, Ghatokaca wrote:
Vote: BROseidon

I think GiF's list is actually pretty good, aside from some glaring faults in his read on us. I would move up notscience and move down Able and BRO (two slots), though, but I'm crazy and also better at the game than he is.
>call my readlist pretty good
>criticize half of my reads

:nerd:
I criticized your read on me (not really your fault considering I hadn't posted much), and I criticized that you didn't have a scumread as stronger scum (not a big deal), and I criticized a couple null reads. No adjustments were dramatic.
In post 108, BROseidon wrote:
In post 83, Ghatokaca wrote:I disagree with the mass-claim idea. I think we should scumhunt normally during Day 1 and come up with plans to optimize role usage later on. The setup speculation is boring and I don't have any reads yet. I'll check with Nacho and re-read to see where he is at regarding the claims and our reads. I don't feel confident about any reads yet.

~ F-16
Comes into setup that's intended to be broken.

Says we shouldn't break setup.

...k?
I'm sorry, were you actually trying to call this a scumtell? Because if so, that's fucking laughable.
In post 109, BROseidon wrote:
In post 92, GuyInFreezer wrote:{BROseidon (Before this game starts, I gave myself some thinking time and thought about "If I was scum, which strategy would I convince town to pull it off?" Circular hiding is what I thought the scum would most likely to try to push. Hence my initial push. But then, I didn't read the specifics lol. Meh. Now all I have on him is some minor stuff like "meh I don't like how he's outright trying to discourage my varsoon townread".)}
So confbias.

Got it.
Nice discredit!
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:07 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 113, BROseidon wrote:It's more like burden of proficiency. You're a strong enough player that you should be able to grasp theory points like setup breaking fairly easily, and the fact that you're discouraging it is indicative of you not putting forth your 100% town game. Which implies you're scum.

And discrediting is fun. You should try it.
What the hell does this even mean?
In post 114, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 112, Ghatokaca wrote:I criticized your read on me (not really your fault considering I hadn't posted much), and I criticized that you didn't have a scumread as stronger scum (not a big deal), and I criticized a couple null reads. No adjustments were dramatic.
Mmk.

Why is notsci up? Why is BRO Waaaay down? As Xy asked, why Able down?
notsci is up because notsci leans town
bro is down because bro is laughably scum
able is down because everyone with the exception of bro is town
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:21 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

no that's when he's scum
why aren't you sheeping me?
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #9) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:30 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Since when did you care about the why? It's laughably obvious at this point.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:32 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Like even GiF sees it; he's just trolling and voting me because he thinks my alignment will become obvious if he keeps his vote on me or some shit while we all talk about how obvious scum BRO is.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:32 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Like even GiF sees it; he's just trolling and voting me because he thinks my alignment will become obvious if he keeps his vote on me or some shit while we all talk about how obvious scum BRO is.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #12) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:35 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Because I say so?
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #13) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:35 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

You can read people without meta, you know.
You can also just not read people and sheep me and win the game most of the time as well.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #14) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:36 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Because I doubt she's scum with BRO.
Doesn't feel right, bro.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #15) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:36 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Why is everyone being so mean to me this game???
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

What is your current read on him?
My current read has a complete lack of meta. I mean hell yeah feels and shit, but no meta.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #17) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:10 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

i feel that bro is scum because meta and also because Able is his scumbuddy
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #18) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:16 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

NOTSCIENCE I'M STILL WAITING ON YOUR BRO READ
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #19) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:34 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 144, bubbajack8 wrote:What SPECIFICALLY about his meta then -_-
Reasons I'm scumreading BRO:

1) I don't like shooting down an early townread on Varsoon. I don't think it served any purpose for BRO as town and it seemed strange to criticize GiF reads before offering his own.

2) I can't believe I'm saying this, but OMGUS when GiF attacked him. It was pretty clear why the vote was happening when it was, so BRO calling the vote on him scum-motivated (as if GiF thought he could quell optimal strategy by voting BRO) was concerning as fuck.

His theory talk is the best thing that's come out of the slot so far and it's not really that great.

The scumreading BRO because meta comment was sarcastic as hell and I'm ashamed none of you caught onto that.
In post 152, BROseidon wrote:
In post 121, Ghatokaca wrote:What the hell does this even mean?
You're a competent player who shouldn't be fucking up basic theory.
What basic theory have I fucked up?
Where have I gone "oh, yeah, game shouldn't be broken"?
In post 153, BROseidon wrote:10/10
You not recognizing that as sarcasm is actually even worse.
In post 156, penguin_alien wrote:The 136 to 138 flip is odd, but I'm inclined to think Nacho-scum would be a bit more consistent.
:(
et tu, penguin?
In post 174, Varsoon wrote:If you hide and hit scum, you die (unless scum commutes).
You can't claim that you hid behind someone and that it therefore clears them because scum can lie about this AND scum can commute.
So, really, why would anyone hide behind anyone ever?
It's a thousand times easier if we all just never hide and try to pin scum through lynches.
I say we forget the mechanics entirely. Too scum-based. Too easily for scum to kill multiple town one night. Results mean nothing too.
We minimize town deaths by never hiding.
Easymode engaged.
Or you hide behind townreads that aren't likely to be killed (or who are bad kills) and make yourself bulletproof in the process...?
I mean yeah generally results mean nothing but that doesn't mean the bulletproof aspect of things means nothing.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #20) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:34 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Jessica moves up, notscience moves down.
:(
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #21) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:44 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 188, Varsoon wrote:In fact, if there's a town player that doesn't seem like they'll be killed, then wouldn't scum target them, hoping to find a bunch of hiders clinging to them?
Too risky.
This means that scum is making shots at suboptimal targets in which case I'm happy.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #22) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:44 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 189, Varsoon wrote:Let's say you hide behind someone N1 and you don't die.
That still does nothing for you, because if that person could be scum using a commute.
Yeah, but I'm also still alive.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #23) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:45 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Every day's a struggle in my world.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #24) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:52 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 194, Varsoon wrote:If we play this vanilla, then you only have a 1/7 or a 1/6 chance of dying N1, depending on if scum or town is lynched.
If you hide behind someone, then you pick up a 1/7 or a 1/6 chance of bulletproof, but then you ALSO pick up a 2/9 or 1/9 chance of dying because of hiding behind scum on top of a 1/7 or 1/6 chance of dying because the person you hid behind was shot.
The bulletproofiness doesn't outweight the chance of death.
These aren't pure percentages. I wouldn't hide if scum were shooting randomly, but scum most certainly are not shooting randomly. You get a good chance of bulletproof by being a priority target for death and by choosing a target that scum doesn't want to kill.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #25) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:53 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 195, Varsoon wrote:Why are you so concerned with staying alive anyway? :P
I'm a coward. I'm not quite ready to meet my maker.
Are you?
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #26) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:10 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 201, bubbajack8 wrote:I don't care if you don't have a role PM. You still should contribute something. This reads to me I'm waiting to see what side I'm on, because if I'm scum I need a plan.
And how is this scummy again?
Is Jessica supposed to know that they're town before they get their role PM...?
In post 202, notscience wrote:I kinda liked nacho's bravado but I'm not really confident in my ability to read him so yeah.
:igmeou:
In post 202, notscience wrote:I don't know spamposty GIF so I have 0 idea what to do with him
In post 202, notscience wrote:I can kinda see bro-scum but I want to check the votes on him so I don't derphammer
In post 207, BROseidon wrote:
In post 155, Varsoon wrote:Articulate what you mean by bullshit.
Their push of me-scum for doing things like assuming that F-16 would have basic theory knowledge and for shooting down GiF's terrible plan.
We never articulated any part of our push against you until after Varsoon asked that question.
F-16 also said "setup discussion is boring". He didn't say shit about actual theory, so calling his actual theory bullshit when none was presented is dumb.
We never said you were scum for shooting down GiF's plan (in fact, notice how we also disagree with it).

Were you this bad at reading when you wrecked the hell out of me in Xenoblades? Or are you just having an off game?
In post 212, BROseidon wrote:...Except early unsubstantiated town reads indicate a scum-interest of trying to avoid conflict and appear natural.
Which is good and well if you went "that townread on Varsoon is bullshit, you're scum".
But you didn't.
In post 222, penguin_alien wrote:I'm inclined to think BRO is towny for trying to avoid people haring off and revealing things via bad crumbing.
Do you share BRO's opinion that good players tend to become actual shit at theory when they're scum? Because otherwise, this isn't a good reason to townread him.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #27) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:17 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #28) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:18 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

it's so fucking baller, look at that thing
those eyes
those judgmental judgmental eyes
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #29) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:45 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 231, penguin_alien wrote:I interpreted BRO's posts as trying to find a way for PRs to leave indicators of their night actions without broadcasting everything to scum. I'm not seeing the scum motivation there.
I don't think he's scum because of the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of his plan. I don't think the effectiveness or the ineffectiveness of his plan is related to his alignment. Why do you disagree?
In post 231, penguin_alien wrote:Are you saying his plan is flawed or that him attacking your hydra's disinterest in breaking the game is scummy?
Not quite. I do think that him attacking F-16's disinterest in breaking the game after I showed up and starting pushing him is scummy, though.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #30) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:49 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 202, notscience wrote:I kinda liked nacho's bravado but I'm not really confident in my ability to read him so yeah.
I can't remember a time when ns was like "I can't read Nacho so I won't even try ;.;". He usually makes an attempt to sort me out as his #1 priority, but here he doesn't give a gut lean, anything.
In post 202, notscience wrote:I don't know spamposty GIF so I have 0 idea what to do with him
Ditto with GiF read: I don't think GiF posting a lot and being ridiculously pro-town makes him harder to read than when he lurks, so that's another bit of bullshit.
In post 202, notscience wrote:I can kinda see bro-scum but I want to check the votes on him so I don't derphammer
Swapped his read on BRO immediately despite not knowing my alignment; the "kinda see BROscum" phraseage doesn't seem like one typical of townNS, and waiting for the votecount to make sure he doesn't immediately hammer is just ???
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #31) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:49 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

HEY STOP TALKING ABOUT THE SETUP FOR A WHILE AND LYNCH BRO SCUM WITH ME
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #32) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:50 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

VARSOON
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #33) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:52 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

my original plan had something along the lines of forcing hiders to claim and then making strong players hide behind weak scummy ones
we would be likely to get what equates to more town-guided kills that way
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #34) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:52 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 238, notscience wrote:Nacho if you think I'm scum can you just vote me

like really
do you remember when you told me that in skype mafia you have a tendency to play chicken with people whenever you start to come under heat?
you're doing that
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #35) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:54 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

also i'm already lynching your buddy
so i don't know what else you want me to do???
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #36) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:54 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

i know what you could do and that's start addressing some of my concerns
(hint, hint)
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #37) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:55 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

you can also go ahead and vote bro
he has 2 votes on him.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #38) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:59 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 245, notscience wrote:I don't know why tbqh, but scum-ns reaches out too
when he's playing a good game
when he's not, he's quiet and not really anything like his normal town self
why did you tell me to vote you if i suspected you?
In post 245, notscience wrote:Insert BoP bit about GIF's scumgame
what does this mean?
In post 246, notscience wrote:I'm not really sure, I'm just kinda off this game. Not sure why.
then fix it.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #39) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:06 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

and what is your read on him?
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #40) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:41 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 251, GuyInFreezer wrote:So I think that's either nacho/BRO crossbussing or BRO panicked at nacho scumreading him early.
so it's bro voting time amirite
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #41) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:42 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 256, Jessica wrote:So that's why BRO looks town to me, cautiousness looks like he's being naive and somewhat-new to the theme.
:neutral:
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #42) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:43 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 255, penguin_alien wrote:In my experience BRO's the type of player who likes to take advantage of mechanics. I think scum-BRO could come up with a way to lead town down the garden path in a plan of action.
i don't think that he's able to snow this playerlist very easily and i'm not really sure risking it is worth it
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #43) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:44 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 272, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 265, Ghatokaca wrote:
In post 251, GuyInFreezer wrote:So I think that's either nacho/BRO crossbussing or BRO panicked at nacho scumreading him early.
so it's bro voting time amirite
Maybe if I was convinced enough that you're not scum bussing BRO.
so
if i'm town, BRO is probably scum
and if i'm scum, BRO is probably scum

why wouldn't you vote BRO?
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #44) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:45 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

especially considering a scum lynch D1 equals mafia being unable to commute and kill
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #45) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:51 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

then find a reason for me being scum
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #46) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:51 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

the reasons you have currently require BRO to be scum before i am scum
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #47) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:58 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 273, GuyInFreezer wrote:What did you learn from your exchange with notsci?
that he will hopefully step his shit up soon because his shit isn't very stepped up at all atm.
i don't think he's scum with BRO, though.
In post 284, BROseidon wrote:Calling it boring is implicitly bad theory game.
This isn't actually true: boring can mean that, but it can also mean "something that I have no interest in discussing at the moment".
In post 285, BROseidon wrote:
In post 233, Ghatokaca wrote:I don't think he's scum because of the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of his plan. I don't think the effectiveness or the ineffectiveness of his plan is related to his alignment. Why do you disagree?
Why would scum-me endeavor to break a setup this ornate?
You didn't "endeavor" to break the setup. You made a half-assed attempt at it and offered a little setup speculation.
Do you really think that makes you town in any respect?
In post 286, BROseidon wrote:It's sad that Nacho/F-16 don't have a real case on me and are using their presence to get me mislynched.

It's fucking pathetic.
You're correct. I don't have a very long case on you.
I just have a very large scumread on you. Believe it or not, when you play with someone a lot of times you can occasionally form things like that.
In post 301, penguin_alien wrote:Aside from you and GiF, I'm not sure who he'd be afraid of, and GiF's a guess. And no, I'm not being disingenuous by leaving myself off that list, given how thoroughly BRO snookered me in NY 165 and would have in bork's Mini Touhou.
All it takes is one person to call him out for bullshitting setup spec and he's sunk.
So again, why would he risk "leading town down the garden path" with false setup spec when he could instead fake setup spec for towncred? What do you think of BRO implying that he wouldn't attempt to "break" the game as scum?
In post 301, penguin_alien wrote:Aside from you and GiF, I'm not sure who he'd be afraid of, and GiF's a guess. And no, I'm not being disingenuous by leaving myself off that list, given how thoroughly BRO snookered me in NY 165 and would have in bork's Mini Touhou.

What about the issue of the order of his engaging with you and F-16?
And I think he might be doing so again!
You still haven't really provided anything close to convincing on why BRO isn't scum this game.

I don't get your question.
In post 314, Xayzeck wrote:Not sure what to think about Bro.

Can't read the hydras for nuts.
So you're not even going to try?
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #48) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:58 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 363, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 361, Ghatokaca wrote:then find a reason for me being scum
Then post more so I can get over this already.
there is currently no logical reason for you to be scumreading me
or even paranoid on me
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #49) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:19 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

notscience
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #50) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 369, penguin_alien wrote:Now this sounds like town-BRO.
Why?
Also, last post challenging your townread on him, etc.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #51) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 370, BROseidon wrote:Or you're just being a fucking moron who can't read town trajectory.

Or you're scum.
this is an interesting accusation to make.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (isolation #52) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 376, BROseidon wrote:"interesting?"

Try "completely reasonable given the gamestate and my knowledge of my alignment.
interesting considering you're currently failing to read both GiF and I for utterly trash reasons
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #53) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 374, Xayzeck wrote:@penguin: yeah maybe I'm paranoid about GiF so eager to look obvtown. And I called you he because your av looks like a guy lol

@ghato: I'll try, just didn't have time to yesterday. I'll see what I can do tonight.
Then why did you put BRO and the hydrae as "null, can't read" instead of "have no time to read"?
In post 375, BROseidon wrote:2) Made no attempt to break the setup.
who the fuck cares?
i've generally explained how i want hiders to behave during the night; I feel this setup breaks easier after scum is lynched, which is what I'm working on now.
In post 376, BROseidon wrote:Lynch me, then lynch GiF and Ghato.

Town win.

I'm fine with getting lynched for it.
Self vote, then.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (isolation #54) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 445, penguin_alien wrote:I think they're capable of manipulating BRO into his meltdown. And Nacho isn't afraid to go after people hard, although it's more what I'd expect from F-16 as scum.
I really need to catch up with this game but what? Where did you get the idea that am capable of manipulating people into meltdowns? I mean, that would be pretty fucking neat and a skill I'd like to learn someday to use on enemies. I dislike that I don't have extremely good manipulation skills. Who did I make meltdown as scum in any game I've played?

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (isolation #55) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:10 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

Varsoon, please don't pull dumb shit like that ever again.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (isolation #56) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:11 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

It's also not MyLo; it is LyLo.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (isolation #57) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:12 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 391, notscience wrote:Yo, Marquis/Hannah.

Vote me, push me for a while, whatever.

When you realize I'm town I'll be waiting to chat about the game.
You never stepped up your game and instead went into your chicken playing mode. Why exactly did you do that?
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #58) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:12 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 398, Jessica wrote:
"I told you so"

So are we voting notscience or what?
Who is notscience's partner?
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #59) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:15 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 433, notscience wrote:The way I see it, I flip town, then you've got Jessica in lylo who have been tunneled on me all game, not looking at others.

Varsoon is probably dead tonight, albeit the fact his paranoia is useful to scum in lylo

Nacho/F16 lurk some more

GIF's another option to be dead, paranoia over his obvtownity will exist tomorrow though

Xay's scum and will continue to parrot thoughts but you won't see it so it's whatever

Cabd will post votecounts

Miss anyone?

Nope
And now you sit with tunneling Jessica in LyLo.
What have you done to make them read you as town? This mini meltdown?
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (isolation #60) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:18 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 445, penguin_alien wrote: Don't like Xayzeck's NK spec. That with the day start vote back on Ghatokaca that he didn't back up and the switch to GiF for something that had happened when he'd first voted all adds up to Xayzeck-scum.

VOTE: Xayzeck

I believe that's L-1.
How does any of this add up to Xay scum?
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (isolation #61) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:55 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

GiF targeted you?
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #62) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Quote it.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (isolation #63) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:10 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

Hi Penguin,
I was not caught up with this game for a long time but I am on my re-read and think that you are scum. Is this the time I get revenge for you kicking my butt in ETL's Resistance?

None of your posts make any sense from what I would expect you to do as town. You are careful, cautious, and your positions are hilariously scummy. I am coming for you beware. Just wait till I finish reading the thread.

I am not sure I'll be able to get my revenge because Jessica feels town as fuck and have just voted and unvoted us so you could still win but I sure as hell am going to try!

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #64) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

I want to lynch Penguin to get my sweet revenge.

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #65) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

I want to do it like this:

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (isolation #66) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:49 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

Obviously, I strongly believe that she is scum. Revenge wouldn't work out otherwise.

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (isolation #67) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

This should be good.

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #68) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

And this:

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (isolation #69) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

Everyone should vote Penguin because we are not going to vote first.

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (isolation #70) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:21 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 518, penguin_alien wrote:Interesting that you think you can steamroll my mislynch through by being loud and posting tragic penguin pictures.

Seriously, haven't had time to run through double ISOs, but you running at me like this is making me think this is scum-Nacho pushing my mislynch from behind again. Because why fix it if it isn't broken, eh?

Reevaluating tonight.
I'm pretty damn sure it is not going to be a mislynch.

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (isolation #71) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:22 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

But you can explain to me why I'd try a failed strategy again.

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (isolation #72) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

Okay, pictures and stuff aside, this was the first post that gave me a really strong scumread:
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.p...71760#p5671760]post 156[/url], penguin_alien wrote:Given F-16's posts, I'm also not seeing the tremendous disparity between BRO's thoughts and Ghatokaca's. Neither of them wants 'subtle' crumbs, neither thinks we should massclaim off the bat. The 136 to 138 flip is odd, but I'm inclined to think Nacho-scum would be a bit more consistent.
What is the point of this other than a really subtle defense of us and more specifically Nacho? Given that Nacho's MO is to mislynch you, I highly doubt, you would subtly defend him when under pressure. You'd be a little more paranoid and more inquisitive to make sure that you catch Nacho-scum this time around. I highly doubt you would throw in such an under-the-table defense of Nacho-scum being consistent so therefore inconsistent = town? The amount of hedging you are doing here is laughably scummy. What I am getting from it is "Ghatokaca isn't scummy, but the flip is odd, but I think Nacho-scum would be more consistent" and they way you phrased it and the way you are hedging is really scummy. I think it is far more likely you didn't want to trip our scumdar and started the subtle defense.

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (isolation #73) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 489, penguin_alien wrote:Hi F-16,

I'm pretty sure you're town here as per my theory on your approach to BRO day one, so I'd rather you didn't mislynch me here as a substitute for not managing it in 264. I'm planning to run through some double ISOs tomorrow, see what I'm missing in terms of possible scum teams, because people aren't making sense in isolation. Tonight I'm not going to have the energy though, sorry.

I've read Jessica's post a few times and still don't follow their logic. I'm inclined to think that they're town for being so unclear, but I want to evaluate a notscience-Varsoon scum team to see if that makes this game make sense or if I'm misreading one of you hydras.

--PA

P-edit: I think I follow Jessica's logic, but I'm also not sure why anyone would risk hiding last night at all, which makes me suspicious. This got weird again.
I completely missed this post. I don't know how. It is probably because Nacho must have checked in and I forgot to see the new unread posts. This makes me rethink my position actually as it is a very towny response.

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (isolation #74) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

The thing is though, your
theory
feels like a bit of a stretch. Among me and Nacho, Nacho is the stronger player and can drive lynches through better regardless of affiliation so him pushing a lynch as opposed to me doesn't speak to our affiliation at all. Also, if you saw the scum QT for ETL's resistance, I only made the crap push on you after it was almost guaranteed that we were going to get lynched. I would never post like that if I intended to survive. I can come up with better arguments as scum than "how do you not remember Yraelz, ergo scum." I am not that bad even as scum. I was trying to misdirect the town more and create chaos because the hammer on Bert was just terrible.

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (isolation #75) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:11 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

I could be wrong. The only thing I am sure of is that Jessica is town. If I get one more strong townread, I should be able to narrow it down.

Varsoon, why do you have 3 scumreads?

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (isolation #76) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:49 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 527, penguin_alien wrote:The repeated strategy I was referencing was Nacho getting me mislynched while cheerleading the wagon. Your push in 264 was different, yes, and the differences between your play here and there are what made me think town in spite of your hydra's unwillingness to listen WRT BRO. What you did have in common here with 264 was the incentive to go for broke. Doing so there was more useful in that you planned to benefit either way, whether you got me lynched or tarred me with your brush via the OTT attack. Here, if you're scum, you only need one mislynch, and this player list is more volatile than 264. That volatility is why I do think that if I'm wrong and you're scum, this would be a viable strategy for you.
But if I was scum and you are townreading us, it wouldn't make sense to not buddy you back and lynch one of the other townies which is part of why I was more confident about my read when I thought you instantly OMGUSed us because I didn't see the previous "reach-out" type post. I'll agree that my attack was somewhat similar to ETL's game although this time, I was mostly seeing what reactions I'd get from you and others if I pushed with massive confidence and zero actual content which is why I didn't post my real reason for suspicion until later.

I get your point about Nacho's gambit in HPCOS and it makes more sense that that was what you were referring to as consistency.

Jessica's vote and unvote seemed incredibly towny to me and I am townreading them almost solely for that. It showed that they were really worried that scum might quickhammer. If they were scum, they would have decided beforehand whether to vote or not but the fact that they voted spontaneously and took it back felt incredibly town.

If you are town as well, I think NotScience and Varsoon are the scumteam.

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (isolation #77) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:24 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

I think you and Penguin are town. Don't vote her. I don't particular care if you vote for one of NotScience/Varsoon though.

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (isolation #78) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:33 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

I think Varsoon is the universally agreed upon scumread. He's also the one who hammered so I think he is a good bet for a lynch today.

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (isolation #79) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:58 pm

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 541, Jessica wrote:Alright so Marquis told me that they're like 100% sure that Ghato is scum at the moment and is going to vote them the moment they log on. because they're at uni now so um. I don't really know what to do.

I assume this will be accompanied with discussion because they'll vote the Ghato wagon once she logs on (she's on mobile yo)

- H.
Uh, don't. I have no idea where you came up with your (dumb) theory that we are scum and I know it won't make sense and I know I am terrible at not telling dumb theories that are dumb although I am trying to learn from Nacho how to sweettalk people.

You are wrong. Plain and simple. All I know is that we are town and you are town. Please don't throw the fucking game.

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #80) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:37 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

[quote="In post 547, Jessica"]VOTE: Ghatokaca

I have to run to class so this will be short.

Quit being dumb and unvote please. I strongly think you are town and your only two suspects (us and Penguin) are also town. You got it wildly wrong. I have no fucking clue what made you townread him and what is making you scumread us. All you posted is a frekin picture. (Sure I did the same with Penguin, but I didn't actually vote her at any point). Scum will hammer us. NotScience is indeed posting to let Varsoon know that he is online so Varsoon can show up and they can dual hammer. Don't be stupid. I figured out who the scum are. I also figured out who the town are. We can still win this game. We are town, you are town. NotScience is scum. Varsoon is scum. Penguin is town. On the mild, slight, off-chance that Varsoon is actually town and did those dumb lolhammers, then Penguin would be scum with NotScience. That's the way the game is right now. Please make the right decision and don't throw it down the toilet. At the very least, wait for Nacho to come and tell you how awesome you are and all that nice stuff that I sometimes get too irritated to say. If you throw this game without talking to him, you are throwing it away for nothing and that's dumb.

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (isolation #81) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:37 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

UNVOTE:
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (isolation #82) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:37 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Holy shit, that was meant to be part of a quote.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (isolation #83) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:42 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 554, notscience wrote:I have to say, watching Ghato-scum flail is absolutely hysterical.
You are kidding right? Objectively speaking, that post was ridiculously townish because it was made with no editing and no restraints. I just said what I had to say and it looks incredibly natural and genuine. A townie would have to be completely mental to still think I am scum after reading that post. But this just confirms my theory that you are 100% scum. I now have a strong scumread in addition to a strong townread (Jessica). Is your partner Varsoon, or did Penguin incredibly play me?

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (isolation #84) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:11 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Well, I can explain it but it would involve insulting him. I am trying to run it by Nacho as to how to explain that you are scum with Varsoon without insults.

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (isolation #85) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:19 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

So, Penguin and one of NotSci/Varsoon. Not even sure which of you it is right now.

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (isolation #86) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:23 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

I think we are hammered and it is game over.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (isolation #87) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

In post 574, Cabd wrote:
Votecount 3-3

With 5 alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch or no lynch.
Ghatoka (2): Notscience, penguin_alien
Penguin_alien (1): varsoon
Not voting (2): people

I don't know if Cabd is trolling us or what?

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (isolation #88) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:36 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Just end it. I'm kinda impatient to just move on.

~ F-16
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (isolation #89) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:38 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

NotScience was town. Lol.
Ghatokaca
Ghatokaca
Goon
Ghatokaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (isolation #90) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:40 am

Post by Ghatokaca »

Well played scum. Great job overall. Sorry Nacho for playing in a scummy way. The best I could come up with was Jessica was town.

I have a strong desire to quit mafia and go hunt Penguins. Damnit, this was the game I was so sure I'd get payback. Lol, well played.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”