Micro 437: Dolphin Mafia - Game Over - Perfect TOWN WIN

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:44 pm

Post by StarbucksLovers »

I'm the town dolphin.

VOTE: Aronis Let's get this over with today.
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:50 pm

In post 1, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Game Mechanics

The mafia have Daytalk. (It is not based on encryptors).

Not related to this game specifically, but you might as well change the Mafia Goon into an Encryptor for clarity's sake in future runs of the setup.
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:53 pm

Well, I assume so from our little chat right here.
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:55 pm

In post 31, TierShift wrote:Zzzx are you claiming dolphin or not?
Starbucks, why don't you cooperate on thinkng out our plan? How you feel like not lynchng either of you or aronis today?

He clearly said he was joking.
Look at it as if you were the dolphin: there's a confirmed scum right in front of me. I would rather lynch it now than risk missing the Goon today and having to deal with Aronis in LYLO on the verge of a loss.
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:59 pm

Either vote Aronis or selfvote.
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:01 am

Because I'd rather not lynch someone I consider confirmed town.
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:22 am

In post 44, TierShift wrote:The problem with lynching within is that we're completely robbed of associatives. We'll end up in 3p lylo, or even worse, in 5p with a buddy that's bussed well, with nothing to go on and generally having a low chance of winning.

I understand this, and though I really want to lynch Aronis right now this is probably a better idea. I will be back later.
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:24 am

In post 42, Xayzeck wrote:But FMPOV, there is scum between both of you, and right now I think Aronis is town, therefore I will vote you.

By the way, why are you presenting obvious ideas that are a given from the setup as something new? I just don't like how you're saying this like it's some grand new revelation.
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:08 pm

Since there's a risk of being quicklynched, I should probably now reveal that I'm not really a Dolphin.

I claimed Dolphin to judge reactions when the real second Dolphin claimed, but they never did, since both Xay and Flubber seem to be dancing around it and never explicitly said if they were or not. I have a problem with Xayzeck's posts and vote for me, because it felt like he was trying to hide the fact that he was the real other dolphin... but why would he hide it if he was the Town Dolphin?

I need the real second Dolphin to claim now. They should know that keeping their claim in the dark only hurts town, more than my own claim did because at least my claim gives us some things to work with from the last two pages.

Overall though I think while Aronis' attitude toward me is mostly town, the L-1 unvote really concerns me. But my own vote is better spent here now: VOTE: Xay
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:11 am

In post 112, Not_Mafia wrote:I'd rather go for the guaranteed scum lynch over sorting this tomorrow. Flubber putting himself in the lynch pool for.today for no reason seems town, and Aronis is still really scummy

VOTE: Aronis

Aronis/Xay most likely

VOTE: NM
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:12 am

In post 86, StarbucksLovers wrote:Since there's a risk of being quicklynched, I should probably now reveal that I'm not really a Dolphin.

I claimed Dolphin to judge reactions when the real second Dolphin claimed, but they never did, since both Xay and Flubber seem to be dancing around it and never explicitly said if they were or not. I have a problem with Xayzeck's posts and vote for me, because it felt like he was trying to hide the fact that he was the real other dolphin... but why would he hide it if he was the Town Dolphin?

I need the real second Dolphin to claim now. They should know that keeping their claim in the dark only hurts town, more than my own claim did because at least my claim gives us some things to work with from the last two pages.

Overall though I think while Aronis' attitude toward me is mostly town, the L-1 unvote really concerns me. But my own vote is better spent here now: VOTE: Xay

F-16, I voted Xay here earlier.
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:25 am

I have to go now, but while I'm gone think about what scum motivation there is here. Personally I think what I did was town as hell, and as a result I'm actually leaning Aronis for scum dolphin over Flubber because I feel like scum would be more likely to appease town by claiming as quickly as possible when asked. I didn't say it before because I wanted to see the dolphin's explanation, but I think Flubber's non claim and explanation of it was stubborn and antitown, putting himself in the crosshairs in a way that I think only real town wouldn't care about.

That being said NM's post was fairly scummy. UNVOTE: though so I can rethink while I'm gone, I agree with him about Aronis.
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:56 pm

In post 139, TierShift wrote:As you can see, it's far more optimal for scum to claim dolphin. That's why your 'putting yourself in the lynch pool for no reason' doesn't work as an argument.

Do you really think Flubber was thinking about EVs as part of his reason to claim how he did? The late claim has nothing to do with that, and its unappeasing imperfection is part of why it's towny.
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:10 am

Can do, will do.

VOTE: Aronis
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:47 pm

In post 5, Aronis wrote:First.

VOTE: zzzx

In post 11, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: ZZZX

Sheeping conf town

In post 12, Not_Mafia wrote:Also L-1

This is not a scum-scum interaction.
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:49 pm

In post 5, Aronis wrote:First.

In post 7, TierShift wrote:Hi. So here's what's happening. Dolphin's are claiming, and we are lynching outside of that.
Because:
1. Scum will know who town dolphin is before evn making the nightkill
2. Day 1 lynches are often town over scum so we can see dolphin's voting patterns and make a better guess day 2.

In post 9, Aronis wrote:
In post 7, TierShift wrote:Hi. So here's what's happening. Dolphin's are claiming, and we are lynching outside of that.
Because:
1. Scum will know who town dolphin is before evn making the nightkill
2. Day 1 lynches are often town over scum so we can see dolphin's voting patterns and make a better guess day 2.

Hey. I'm the town dolphin.

Scum dolphin, please post so I can lynch you.

In post 10, TierShift wrote:Why didn't you claim in your first post?

In post 11, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: ZZZX

Sheeping conf town

In post 12, Not_Mafia wrote:Also L-1

In post 13, TierShift wrote:Yeah, ok, that's L-1.

Aronis why u change avi

In post 14, TierShift wrote:Why tho, notmaf?

In post 15, Aronis wrote:
In post 10, TierShift wrote:Why didn't you claim in your first post?

I just didn't really think about it then.

In post 16, Aronis wrote:
In post 13, TierShift wrote:Yeah, ok, that's L-1.

Aronis why u change avi

Because the other guy has been dead for a month. Do you not like this one/like the old one more or something?

UNVOTE: ZZZX
VOTE: Mafia Dolphin

In post 18, TierShift wrote:i wanna vote aronis, but should probably hold on to my earlier plan.

In post 23, ZZZX wrote:
In post 21, Aronis wrote:You were sheeping co ftown though.

What the hell, let's just lynch zzzx.

Hes probably the dolphin and is lurking.

This is the town dolph maybe

anyway my name raises oceans and wagons and crashed them on me!

Its sad but I have been caught. I he the evil Doctor Do.... Wait no I am not lol

Vote:Tiershift
are you going to town lead this game?

In post 23, ZZZX wrote:
In post 21, Aronis wrote:You were sheeping co ftown though.

What the hell, let's just lynch zzzx.

Hes probably the dolphin and is lurking.

This is the town dolph maybe

anyway my name raises oceans and wagons and crashed them on me!

Its sad but I have been caught. I he the evil Doctor Do.... Wait no I am not lol

Vote:Tiershift
are you going to town lead this game?

This is likely not a scum-scum interaction.
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #16) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:00 pm

Sorry, I meant to quote only the last post there.

All of the other quotes are much more interesting.

VOTE: TierShift

The earliest posts feature TierShift nitpicking Aronis' first post with tiny questions that try to look relevant but also lighthearted, not to mention the simply awkward tone of him trying to do something similar with NM so he doesn't look like he's just focusing on his scumbuddy. This "dolphins claim now" interaction could very well be planned through daytalk or pregame talk.

Then Aronis' posts 15 and 16 are just even more awkward. The interpretation reads exactly like two scum trying to keep things casual. I think the best way to describe it is two high school classmates, now in college, who were never close running into each other at a mall and recognize each other's face after years having forgotten about them completely. In other words, the Aronis-TierShift interactions to an observer could be described as "uncomfortable" at best, and I think this is because they're scum forcing multiple early interactions. I don't see why they would continue to go along with this back and forth of cringe-worthiness unless
something
was making them feel like they had to.
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #17) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:02 pm

ZZZX, I'm town and I'm 75% sure you are too. Please trust me and vote with me on this.
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #18) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:55 am

In post 172, TierShift wrote:In fact, your whole case of asking useless questions and doing so to multiple players with aronis responding awkwardly can be made for notmaf with his 17 and aronis 19 in response; that's why your case sucks.

So this scenario is "I'm scum but your case sucks and I don't like feeling like I'm caught for the wrong reasons," huh?
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #19) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:07 am

171: "sure awkward is scummy, but you need to prove I'm being awkward"
172: "I voted Aronis because he was being awkward"

Him telling me I need to prove he's awkward, which is an analysis of tone that you can't really provide evidence for though apparently he thought Aronis was awkward and probably knows asking for proof is bullshit, just sounds like him trying to pick at minor points in the case because I'm right about him being scum, instead of even at least once directly refuting the idea that he's scum, as town are much more likely to do.
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:12 am

I understand my TierShift analysis might not make sense to a lot of you. I am basing my analysis on patterns I very commonly see in scum posting that is hard to put into words. Sounding butthurt about points of a case while minimally commenting on the "you're scum" accusation itself is one of them, and signals to me "caught for the wrong reasons" in scum's mind.

But I think all of the town should take the time to read through those early Aronis interactions and at least judge for themselves, and at least for me take a stance on TierShift's page 1 posting in the context of Aronis-scum.
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #21) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:24 am

In post 183, TierShift wrote:You say that I should respond to the "you're scum" part of the case. I cannot do that, other than saying "I'm town".

You didn't address this most basic part of a scumread earlier. I would have expected you to at least shortly mention something to the effect of "I'm town so you're wrong" or say something with a similar mindset of self-innocence. But all I saw you do is say "your case is wrong", which again just implies "caught for the wrong reasons".
StarbucksLovers
StarbucksLovers
Goon
StarbucksLovers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #22) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:29 pm

Sorry Tier and town. Got too eager there :(

Good thing you didn't listen!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”