Micro 530: Auction Mafia II Final!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:27 pm

Post by Runner »

/tips fedora

Hi guys! I've actually been loosely following this game already but now obviously need to do a comprehensive reread. A couple of things first though:

HellBringer I'd appreciate it if you signed off with each head of the hydra.

@Lucky Up to date VC with deadline please :)

UNVOTE: if my slot was voting.
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:06 pm

Post by Runner »

PSA: 4 days to DL, our votes are pretty scattered, our activity sporadic. Would appreciate more activity over the weekend if we can manage it, I'll be checking in as much as I can too. :) A significant point in my last game, I believe, was when we wasted a mislynch due to town apathy missing the deadline.

Two things hit me in my first attempt at trying to get a read on you guys. Firstly, this game is pretty HellBringer-centric, so much so it makes the rest of us look pretty dead in terms of activity by comparison. Secondly, it's been pretty difficult to read especially the first half of this game due to not only the setup spec but because you guys got a few things wrong (forgetting we lose actions after a night, not knowing what Role Cop does, etc.) as well, so I'm not too keen on the reads I've made so far (apart from one) but I'm hoping for more content to clarify/solidify reads. I hope it goes without saying but I'm not in favour of discussing setup strategies and stuff for aforementioned reasons; wifomy stuff, etc.

First impressions:

lane0168 - null. Too little substantial content, sorry. I'll revisit when you post the result of your reread.

Vedith - null/scum. This is due to general attitudes when responding to attackers, particularly lashing out. Might have to visit some of your previous games for meta though. Whilst both are voting for you, you've implied that HB and Ricastle are the scumteam - do you still think this? Anyone else you might suspect? Anyone you think is town?

Ricastle - null. 99 I was thinking you might be town because it sounded like what I would have said. But then your joining the wagon seemed opportunistic. 175 wording seemed off to me. You've found "obvtown", what about obvscum, besides Vedith?

HellBringer - strong town. By far most pro-active scumhunter in this game, everyone pales in comparison. 104 reeks of never-been-here-before, should probably read previous game if not for the tactics then at least to have a grip of the usual meta for a game and what the players here who've played the first iteration are talking about. Interested to know what you think of Ricastle's play so far and if you see anyone acting particularly townie?

All Alone - null/scum. 106 avoids digging into current discussion goes instead for lurker (disclosure: my predecessor). Maybe I'm being stupid but I don't fully get the reasons behind your reasons in 182? Opinions of players who aren't lurkers would also be nice.

Peptobislawl - null/scum. fluffy. Do not like reaction test (?) on Ricastle. Not sure if scum trying to look town or town trying to look town. Post more pls, specifically why your vote hasn't changed since RVS.

Flubbernugget - lean town. A bit biased here as I read Flubber as scum in my last game, until he turned out to be doc, who then hammered me. His play here, specifically the string of posts a couple of pages or so back seem genuine. Like the vote on AA.

Tetaes - null/town. Haven't got much content on you apart from questioning the townread on yourself, which I liked, but also something I see a crafty person being able to pull off. Agree with your views on reads though, particularly Vedith. Need to see more posts from you too please.

Crossvoting D1 makes me doubt Pepto and All Alone are both scum but I'm not sure which one I'd go for out of the two. For now I'll VOTE: Vedith until someone (maybe Vedith) changes my mind about him.
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by Runner »

@Mod It'd make me feel all warm and special if I was added to Post 0. :3
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:58 am

Post by Runner »

In post 217, Ricastle wrote:Yeah, I'm not really giving much of a fuck rn. Shame really. I remember when I used to actually get excited playing mafia.

Despite that, though, I'm pretty close to solving this game. The current situation is how I envision a town to be when it isn't being manipulated by scum. Ergo scum is either not doing any work here or are one of the current wagons. I believe at this stage that the scum is Vedith and one of Pepto, Flubber or lane, priority on Pepto. Lynching in that general area will guarantee us the win as far as I see it.

Hmm. Not sure I like this post, but can't put my finger on why. I'll come back to this later.

Friendly reminder for people to answer any questions I asked them in my big post. I'd echo HB's call for reads walls as well, since that'd answer most of my Qs as well and give us a springboard for D2.
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:21 pm

Post by Runner »

Anyone else concerned no mod activity for a few days?

V/LA til Monday (busy with parents all Sunday, so help me god) and since the whole posting-your-reads thing isn't happening can we at least get some explanation why Vedith is "likely town" all of a sudden?

Also, I note how Tetaes and Vedith both ask Ricastle why he changed his mind, but not HB.
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:40 am

Post by Runner »

Hi I'm back. Catching up.
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:51 am

Post by Runner »

Hm so not much I missed.

I'm good with hammering Pepto.
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:56 am

Post by Runner »

Since I can't imagine much happening in the next 24 hours VOTE: Pepto
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:14 am

Post by Runner »

prodge, back in a few hours.
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by Runner »

I'm guessing everyone has the same thought now which is that apart from a few people who are more than likely town, if we lynch the remaining players we're bound to win the game. Fmpov All Alone is pretty much confirmed town, and Vedith, Ricastle and Flubber highly likely town - although a small part of me wonders if Ricastle is pulling a gambit like the one in the last game. Obviously this leaves Titus and lane.

I'm getting slightly more scumvibes from lane than from the Titus slot though.

VOTE: lane
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:58 am

Post by Runner »

seriously lane. your first post in this game. smh
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:09 am

Post by Runner »

This reminds me of a game a month or so ago. RC (scum) "drunk posting" hammered BBT D1. He even almost got away with it.
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:49 pm

Post by Runner »

VOTE: lane

Game should have ended last day phase.
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:42 pm

Post by Runner »

prodge. Don't really have anything to add. I'm almost certain lane is scum.

I highly doubt AA would just panic and attack his scumbuddy Day 1 or w/e. Having said that I'm behind a bit so I'll read and catch up in a few hours.
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:30 pm

Post by Runner »

Good game. :)

Thanks for modding Lucky.
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:18 am

Post by Runner »

Ricastle was as good as conftown. I highly doubt I'd have been able to persuade All Alone to vote against him.

I think that I thought my chances were better with Flubber alive since Ricastle had already suspected and voted me before, but Flubber seemed to think I was town and AA was scum already. I thought I might change my mind about the kill later, and even told Lucky that I might when I first sent it in, but then I thought I'd just go with it.

I wasn't sure whether to go for cop or doc either. I went for doc in the end to ensure the kill, but claim I had the cop, and only had that much money left cuz I bought the watcher previously.

I guess I didn't think it through, and forgot about the gifting element. In hindsight (wonderful thing that it is) Flubber was the best kill given I had the doc. Guess I screwed up. :/

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”