Micro 639: Noughts and Crosses Blitz [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by Wingback »

Hi. Was following the game. Lane and GuiltyLion are townreads. I agree that we should lynch the corners. That's me, Lane, Luna Fox, and Dunnstral. I have a slight townread on Luna because it seemed like she was genuinely trying to figure out both the tic tac toe aspect as well as having trouble nailing down townreads which I see as very understandable. The fact that the two townreads she had are the same ones I do is another reason I lean town.

VOTE: Dunnstral

Both POE and I'm happy with the Lane/GuiltyLion corner making it deep into the game.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by Wingback »

Well I'm town and Luna probably is too so that doesn't really change my mind. Maybe go over why you think Luna is scum.

Given that my sole post in the game is voting you, that reads like a transparent omgus.

Furthermore, since you are so well-versed in tic tac toe, you would have noticed that lynching you puts both me and Luna among the lynchable candidates on D2.

_ _ _
_ O _
X _ _

The board looks like this after the D1 lynch of you and N1 kill on the IC. The only poor choice of lynch would be Lane. If you want me and Luna dead, town would lynch Alpaca:

_ _ _
X O _
X _ _

which would force a kill on me

O _ _
X O _
X _ _

follwed by a forced lynch on Luna.

That way BOTH of me/Luna are dead before D4 and neither make it to LYLO. But you clearly don't want to die so are suggesting lynching the IC.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Wingback »

Hold off on hammering for a while. Even if he's scum, going into D2 with a complete lack of associative tells isn't a good strategy. Let's let everyone post and contribute and talk about their reads. Specifically Alpaca, Umlaut, and Javajoe need to contribute more mafia-game related content.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by Wingback »

UNVOTE: for now. We've still got two days.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by Wingback »

In post 34, Javajoe24 wrote:I can definitely see lanes argument about if we lynch in the middle we can force scums NK's to what we want it to be, and I think that will probably be our best strategy. I cant believe I am actually agreeing with killing an IC.....
In post 126, Javajoe24 wrote:I do not agree with lynching the IC. Honestly I think this strategy is more likely to come from scum than town.
Explain this. When Lane suggests it, you agree with it and say that it might be our best strategy and explicitly don't scumread Lane. But when Dunnstral suggests it, that stance changes to scum being more likely to bring it up and you move in to give an intent to hammer.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by Wingback »

That's actually really fake and opportunistic. Thinking Java is scum here and if he wasn't an edge, I'd probably want to lynch him.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by Wingback »

@Umlaut, can you explain why you were voting Luna and my slot? The only reason you gave was that my slot was far away from you that shows a very survivalistic mindset which is the same thing you are accusing Java of.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by Wingback »

Lanes pretty adamant about lynching the IC at least in his first six posts (ISO#0 - ISO#5). That's what his debate with GuiltyLion was about. Then he changes his mind.

But the point is, when Lane was pushing that arguement, Java agreed with it (), but when Dunnstral pushed it, Java said it was more likely to come from scum (). Given Dunnstral was being wagoned and Java stated intent to hammer, this about-turn reeks of scum opportunism.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by Wingback »

On that note, I have three solid townreads so early on into the game (Lane, GuiltyLion, Luna Fox), and there's an IC.

From my POV, that leaves all the scum between [Javajoe, Dunnstral, Alpaca x2, Unlaut].
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by Wingback »

Here's how I want to do it, Lynches in Blue, Nighkills in Orange:

Wingback GuiltyLion Lane0168
AlpacaAlpaca Mcmenno Javajoe24
Dunnstral Ümläüt Luna Fox

After the first lynch-nightkill cycle, beginning of D2:
Wingback GuiltyLion Lane0168
AlpacaAlpaca
Mcmenno
Javajoe24
Dunnstral
Ümläüt Luna Fox

I think lynching me is pretty optimal here given who I want dead. After the second lynch-nightkill cycle, beginning of D3:
Wingback
GuiltyLion Lane0168
AlpacaAlpaca
Mcmenno
Javajoe24
Dunnstral
Ümläüt Luna Fox

D3 lynch is forced on Javajoe. Scum kill Lane (worst case).
Wingback
GuiltyLion
Lane0168
AlpacaAlpaca
Mcmenno
Javajoe24
Dunnstral
Ümläüt Luna Fox

Town can lynch Umlaut from there.

Assuming I'm right about Lane/GL/Luna being town of course which I'm fairly confident about. If not, whoever's left in LYLO should be able to figure that out better. But I really want Alpaca and Java to hang, the former for total lack of contribution and the latter for opportunism. Maybe Dunnstral as well. I thought he was scummy but probably not in a scumteam with Javajoe.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:19 pm

Post by Wingback »

In post 142, Javajoe24 wrote:There have been a lot of arguments made for lynching in the corners since my post 34, and why it is better than lynching in the center. I have taken all the strategies suggested to decide for myself which I believe to be the best, and came to the conclusion of corners. If you were to read my ISO you would see that I was very hesitant to agree with lynching in the middle and post 34 is the only time I have agreed with it. But with my perspective now, with new information, I can see that scum would most likely push for a lynch on the IC and not give the town the first corner pick. In any tic tac toe games I have ever played I personally pick the corner first because you have more options from there.
Okay, a couple of things:

a) You personally pick the corner first when you play Tic Tac Toe, so why didn't you disagree with Lane and talk about the values of picking the corner?
b) You're not scumreading Lane for suggesting that we lynch the middle. So, why Dunnstral?
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by Wingback »

In post 143, Dunnstral wrote:And if scum don't nightkill mcmenno?
That's an auto-loss of the Tic Tac Toe game. We'd only need to hit one scum in four lynches to win.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by Wingback »

@Dunnstral, here's a graph with all the win possibilities:

In your scenario, let's say they kill Lane after we lynch you. We lynch me or Luna. Say we lynch Luna, they are forced to kill Umlaut N2. D3, lynch me. If any combination of GuiltyLion, Java, and Alpaca are both scum, they win. Hmm, maybe it's not autowin. But lynching the IC isn't very likely to get us into auto-win scenarios either.

But you are suggesting that you want me and Luna dead and haven't even glanced at Java and Alpaca so from your POV, this argument doesn't really flow from where your head's at suspicion-wise.

It seems like you are just coming up with arguments to dodge your lynch but not any methods of getting rid of your scumreads. In the scenario where one or both of me and Luna are scum, lynching you is a pretty clear way to eliminate us but none of your plans are suggesting the obvious. It can't be because you know you are town. You'd go so far as to lynch the IC who you also know is town, but not yourself.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #13) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Wingback »

In post 151, Dunnstral wrote:I'd be willing to lynch in a way that luna/java joe both die
I thought you wanted me and Luna to both die. What happened to that? Why are you scumreading Luna in the first place anyways?
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:42 pm

Post by Wingback »

In post 154, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:I am pretty sure Luna and Wing are town so are guilty and mcmenno
I find the exclusion of Lane conspicuous as he was a universal townread. Is there a reason you have reservations about him?
In post 164, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm calling a Luna+Alpaca scumteam tbh. I'm drunk rn but I'll be back for actual play tomorrow
When you are back, I'm interested in talking about the Luna scumread.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Wingback »

I was going over all the possibilities and a few thoughts I want to get out. We can't ignore the Tic Tac Toe aspect of the game because unless we chose lynches strategically, it's possible that the mafia can control our lynches. When we make our choice for the D2 lynch, we're essentially making our D3 lynch choice as well. Our choices on D1 influence the D2 choices that we can make.

Because of that, we shouldn't be looking at "lynching" scummy players. We should be thinking about a strategy that gets the four towniest people alive into the night before 3P LYLO. Then scum kill who they want before 3P. Obviously, if both scum are in this group of four players, we lose. Our goal should be for at least one scum to die before that, if not both.

All of this is contingent on scum killing McMenno N1. If they don't, sucks for them. We'll have an easier time and I'll make a new table tomorrow.

D1 LynchD2-N2-D3 deathsAlive night before LYLO
DunnstralWingback
AlpacaAlpaca
Javajoe
Lane
GuiltyLion
Umlaut
Luna Fox
DunnstralLuna Fox
Umlaut
GuiltyLion
Lane
Alapaca
Javajoe
Wingback
DunnstralAlpacaAlpaca
Wingback
Luna Fox
Lane
GuiltyLion
Umlaut
Javajoe
DunnstralUmlaut
Luna Fox
Wingback
Lane
GuiltyLion
Alpaca
Javajoe
D1 LynchD2-N2-D3 deathsAlive night before LYLO
Luna FoxDunnstral
Umlaut
Guilty Lion
Wingback
Alpaca
Javajoe
Lane
Luna FoxLane
Javajoe
Alpaca
Wingback
GuiltyLion
Umlaut
Dunnstral
Luna FoxUmlaut
Dunnstral
Lane
Wingback
GuiltyLion
Alpaca
Javajoe
Luna FoxJavajoe
Lane
Dunnstral
Wingback
GuiltyLion
Alpaca
Umlaut

Given Dunnstral and Luna Fox are attracting the most pressure, I've outlined possible scenarios that happen upon both of their lynches. The second column is ordered by D2 lynch at the top, N2 kill, then D3 lynch.
I'd like everyone to comment on who they want to lynch and why they want a specific set of four people alive the night before LYLO.
My choice is Option #1 in Dunnstral's table.

I could do two more tables for me and Lane but it's tedious and I'm busy. I'll do them if there's demand for them. I want to see everyone posting and justifying their reads especially the group of Alpaca, Javajoe, Umlaut, and Dunnstral who are my non-townreads. Ignoring the mafia aspect is a good way to make it more difficult to get reads and win.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:42 am

Post by Wingback »

I thought you were scumreading me. What happened to that?
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:45 am

Post by Wingback »

Knowing that lynching Luna puts me in LYLO, there's a lot of scum motive for you to stop scumreading me so you can push her lynch over yours. Can you elaborate on what specific posts of mine changed your read and why?
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:51 am

Post by Wingback »

@Dunnstral; What are your thoughts on all the players? Do you have a list of reads?
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by Wingback »

In post 190, GuiltyLion wrote:Thanks for typing those out Wingback.

For a Luna Fox lynch I like option 2, for a Dunnstral lynch I like option 3. But that's mostly shaped by me not wanting Luna or Alpaca to make it to final four people alive.
Not sure I want Umlaut and Javajoe at the end. I suspected bussing when Umlaut pushed on Javajoe so early in the game. In this setup bussing isn't a bad idea given the lynch setups are mostly determined in advance so in scenarios where scum die, it's best if their partner comes out looking good by having accused them.

Can you explain your scumread on Alapaca?

I disagree with Luna being scum for buddying Lane. For someone espousing a townhunting + POE style, it makes sense to latch onto a few townreads and lynch outside of that. My main reason for townreading Luna include suggesting the possibility of her lynch, pro-activeness in developing two quick townreads as early as page one (, ), those townreads being the same ones as mine, asking whether scum can kill themselves in thread as opposed to in the scum PT (), saying that Blitz game is making it harder for her to get townreads which reads like genuine concern (), not using that excuse to not have townreads (she's already got three, you, me, and Lane), townreading me despite my lynch on D1 being beneficial to her as it gets her into LYLO.

Actually, going through her ISO, I do want a question answered from Luna Fox.

@Luna Fox;
what's your read on Javajoe and what did you think about the points I made on him and clarified for you yesterday?
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by Wingback »

@GL - you make some good points especially w.r.t Umlaut/Javajoe. That tells me I've missed something in my tables: that we can control that mafia's N3 kill in certain combinations. Going to re-do them while adding this and re-assess.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Wingback »

In post 198, Javajoe24 wrote:So from my understanding of things, if we lynch dunn today then tomorrow we will lynch lane by strategy, and if we lynch luna then we lynch wing tomorrow by strategy? If this is the case, that is a harsh choice to make because I have a town read on both of them, but am perfectly happy with a luna or dunn lynch, but preferably a dunn lynch.
Can you go over all your reads and why you have them?
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by Wingback »

@Luna, while you're here, can you post your actual reads on the game so far? It would help if I can get a more solid read on you and that's been hard given that most of the discussion was based on Tic Tac Toe.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:58 pm

Post by Wingback »

Some explanations to go with those reads would be great as well.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Wingback »

Do you have any thoughts on the people in your leftovers pile?
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #25) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:46 pm

Post by Wingback »

Yeah, I thought so too. Normally I wouldn't worry because even if I'm scumreading the better scum players, there's generally enough time to re-evaluate. But this game has short deadlines and some forced lynches which makes me worry. Many people are also focused on the Tic Tac Toe aspect and not scumhunting enough. I just want to get as much information out there as possible so that whoever is in LYLO can hunt for associatives well.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #26) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by Wingback »

It's almost funny how in the activity overview, the top four posters are the four corners. Besides you, the edges seem to have coasted somewhat knowing they won't be lynched today.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #27) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:23 am

Post by Wingback »

As I said before, I forgot to add something to the table (the fact that some combinations can force a scumkill on someone we want N3). I'll add that and update in a bit. Don't want people working off of incomplete information.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:36 am

Post by Wingback »

Correcting what was wrong with the previous tables:

D1 LynchD2-N2-D3 deathsN3 killAlive
DunnstralWingback
AlpacaAlpaca
Javajoe
Lane/
GuiltyLion/
Umlaut/
Luna Fox
(Scum's choice)
DunnstralLuna Fox
Umlaut
GuiltyLion
Lane/
Alapaca/
Javajoe/
Wingback
(Scum's choice)
DunnstralAlpacaAlpaca
Wingback
Luna Fox
UmlautLane
GuiltyLion
Javajoe
DunnstralUmlaut
Luna Fox
Wingback
AlpacaLane
GuiltyLion
Javajoe
D1 LynchD2-N2-D3 deathsN3 KillAlive
Luna FoxDunnstral
Umlaut
Guilty Lion
Wingback/
Alpaca/
Javajoe/
Lane
(Scum's choice)
Luna FoxLane
Javajoe
Alpaca
Wingback/
GuiltyLion/
Umlaut/
Dunnstral
(Scum's choice)
Luna FoxUmlaut
Dunnstral
Lane
JavajoeWingback
GuiltyLion
Alpaca
Luna FoxJavajoe
Lane
Dunnstral
UmlautWingback
GuiltyLion
Alpaca

Alright, figured it out. We force the N3 scum kill if we lynch an edge on D2 rather than a corner. So, in half the scenarios, they kill who they want. In the other half, it's forced.

I don't know which is better. The info from nightkills or just having a concensus townread alive.

Going to catch up on the last few pages before voting.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:44 am

Post by Wingback »

In post 222, Ümläüt wrote:
Javajoe24
sat on the fence in the center-corner wars, inexplicably unvoted because "RVS is over," pushed a policy lynch on replacement-bait,
Didn't you do the same thing by putting your vote on my predecessor because he was far away from you?
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #30) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:47 am

Post by Wingback »

Oh yeah, that's right. Forgot about that. Ignore the "correction." The original table is accurate.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:59 am

Post by Wingback »

Okay, so from the original (accurate) table in , I think options one and three for Dunnstral are our best bet. I explained why on option one. For option 3, that self-vote by Luna makes me question what she's smoking and leaving her alive in LYLO is a risk. I want to flip Dunnstral and then work out associatives from there to see which way to go. Think he's going to flip scum based on how survivalistic his reads are and how he's changing them around to make sure he doesn't have to advocate for his lynch.

VOTE: Dunnstral

Luna Fox (L-3) Dunnstral, Luna Fox
Dunnstral (L-1) Ümläüt, McMenno, lane0168, Wingback
Not Voting (4): GuiltyLion, AlpacaAlpaca, Javajoe24,
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #32) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:04 am

Post by Wingback »

Okay. That rubbed me the wrong way but I suppose I could see that.

On another note, if one corner is lynched, the other corner gets to LYLO. If somebody else was opposite Luna Fox, I'd suspect that the self-vote was a way to get her partner into LYLO, even better if they're widely townread. But I'm actually town which makes me think I'm being cunningly set up. Another reason I'm quite happy with neither me or Luna making it to LYLO.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”