Micro 635 - 09:12 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #367 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 359, eagerSnake wrote:Aristophanes, entrance, please!
Hi! I've read most of the game (up to page 14). It's kinda sad it's still on the same page as when I replaced in.

Eager, I need to know your experience with Mafia.
Do you have offside games prior to joining here? Are you an alt? How many on site games do you have?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #386 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:16 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I'm sorry, I got busier than I thought all of a sudden.
UNVOTE:

I am leaning towards Eager being scum. As I read through, they pinged me pretty hard, thus my vote. I would have to go back through to get examples, which I can do tonight.
VOTE: Eager

Btd is also a scumlean, albeit a weaker one.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #434 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Some stuff I haven't responded to yet:
In post 376, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 373, eagerSnake wrote:Anyone out there think this is TvT
Possible, but to be honest I think DarkLight is more likely scum. Aristophanes, what do you think about DarkLight and GuiltyLion?
I have to reread this section as it is the part I skimmed most tbh. I should have an answer in short time, but I want to get this post going so we don't scramble at the deadline.
In post 384, Vedith wrote:
In post 383, Ümläüt wrote:You are suggesting Accountant's replace-out is strategic. In particular, since this is a "strong, strong sign of scum," you are saying Accountant is a person who replaces out when caught as scum. This is a pretty serious accusation. Are you planning to report him for this? Or, as I suspect, are you just full of shit?
Accountant won't want to be confronted by me because Accountant knows that I don't let up.
Reason Snakes idea was so appealing, me gone from the game means talking their way out of it.
I'm really not full of shit, and I know that Accountant is making up an excuse here, for the reporting side, it would be brushed off with the fact of "Accountant said busy blah blah" so yeah nice try there kiddo! :up:

Challenge me when you actually know what you are talking about. :giggle:

So since Accountant is scum for sure, next agenda is, who's the buddies?
Well it's not X40 (DarkLight) or ASP, could always be GL.

GL knows I like to be buttered up, calling me town is like giving a bunch of flowers to your other half (spoiler - It makes me suspicious as fuck)
I know this was about my predecessor's replace-out, so I don't really have an answer, but this is a misrep. Accountant RNG'd which game he would replace out of. This is the one that came up. To put anything more into it is claiming things we can't know. If they said this is the reason for replacing out, why are you claiming Accountant was "running away from you"???
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #436 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I didn't actually mean to post that yet. Oh well, Part 2!
In post 387, Ümläüt wrote:Do you have meta with BTD, Aristophanes?

I only have one game with him, but based on that he's just acting like himself. I'm wary because he's the sort of player who could get away with active-lurking as scum by having a meta of active-lurking as town, but I'm going to have to wait for associatives before I can get a read there.
I don't have any meta with him, no. I was in a Hydra in a game with him in it, but I didn't read much of the game. My read on him is not based on Meta, but on his posts. It is possible, as you say, that this could be his playstyle I guess, but I would rather read him on this game alone rather than this unknown, unconfirmed meta you have on him.
In post 397, Vedith wrote:
In post 393, eagerSnake wrote:What do you think of calling Aristophanes calling me scum Vedith
I don't read too much into it yet. Can be distacing, can be pushing an easier looking target, regardless I'm not worried that you're scum right now.
I would like to know what Ari thinks about my read on his slot.

I also don't give a shit if you leave your vote on me or not.
I find it odd that the first thing Vedith jumped to was distancing. I don't recall him having a scumread on Eager at all, and this associative is really halfassed.

As for your read on my slot, it doesn't seem very thought out. For one thing, you call us scum for his replace out. This was null at best.
Most of the rest of it seems to be just tunnely after you decided we were scum in 243 with no real elaborations after that. I get that you made a D1 case and want to stick to it, but to tunnel it is a bit much.
I don't really know what else to respond to on it. None of it has to do with my own play.
In post 409, Vedith wrote:@Ari, did you read the game before entering or after?
After. That's why I was delayed in posting once I replaced in, and why I hadn't fully read up at that point.
Why is this relevant?
In post 417, DarkLightA wrote:Sorry Aristophanes. Scum.
No problem, but I'd appreciate if my own play could be evaluated. I know it's getting close to the end of the day, but I as I said to Vedith, I can't and won't defend against my predecessor's play.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #437 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 435, Vedith wrote:
In post 434, Aristophanes wrote:I know this was about my predecessor's replace-out, so I don't really have an answer, but this is a misrep. Accountant RNG'd which game he would replace out of. This is the one that came up. To put anything more into it is claiming things we can't know. If they said this is the reason for replacing out, why are you claiming Accountant was "running away from you"???
Because I know I'm right.
I doubt you would come into the game and go "Oh yeah actually, I'm caught"...
What part of this looks like he's running away from you??
Please point to something specific.
In post 318, Accountant wrote:Hey all:

1) #317 is silly and I don't understand the case on me like at all?

2) I have to replace out. Newbie game queue moved faster than I thought it would and now I'm overgamed with exams coming up. Sorry to have to do this, guys. I used an RNG to determine which game I would replace out of and this was it.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #440 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:11 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 438, Vedith wrote:
In post 436, Aristophanes wrote:I find it odd that the first thing Vedith jumped to was distancing. I don't recall him having a scumread on Eager at all, and this associative is really halfassed.

As for your read on my slot, it doesn't seem very thought out. For one thing, you call us scum for his replace out. This was null at best.
Most of the rest of it seems to be just tunnely after you decided we were scum in 243 with no real elaborations after that. I get that you made a D1 case and want to stick to it, but to tunnel it is a bit much.
I don't really know what else to respond to on it. None of it has to do with my own play.
I actually gave both, and in the same comment I said that I'm not worried about him as scum. Learn to read.
In post 436, Aristophanes wrote:After. That's why I was delayed in posting once I replaced in, and why I hadn't fully read up at that point.
Why is this relevant?
Just wanted to know, does that worry you?
Sorry, I'm dumb right now. Gave both what?

And no, it doesn't worry me. I'm just curious how it affects your read on me.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #441 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 439, Vedith wrote:
In post 437, Aristophanes wrote:What part of this looks like he's running away from you??
Please point to something specific.
The whole replacing out. :cool:
I expect next you're going to tell me that your other body wasn't trying to easy pushes. :up:
I'm not going to say that at all. Accountant explicitly stated that they were going to wagon people if wagons arose, so most of his pushes were obviously going to be on easy slots. And I'm not here to defend his play. I only brought up the replace out because it's a blatant misrep and holds no water, and somehow nobody cares.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #444 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 442, Vedith wrote:
In post 440, Aristophanes wrote:Sorry, I'm dumb right now. Gave both what?

And no, it doesn't worry me. I'm just curious how it affects your read on me.
I'm tired, my wording was wrong there. :giggle:
I gave both scenarios. Bussing or being pushed. I even said I'm not concerned there. Do you think I was calling him scummy or actually accusing him of being bussed there?

It does have an impact on my read to you. I was just wondering if you realised you were taking a scum slot or not.
Not to worry, that makes your sense.
I got the bussing part, but the easier push lost me. How is snake an easier push when there is no wagon there?
I also realize you weren't expressly scumreading him there, but you're subtly sshading his slot there, which is what made me feel like there was something to the read there.

As for replacing in, I don't read games before replacing in, and I wouldn't intentionally aim for either alignment. This is a dumb question which is phased in a way which is intended to have me accidentally say I'm scum. Nice try, but even if I were, I wouldn't be that easily tricked! :P
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #446 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 443, Vedith wrote:
In post 441, Aristophanes wrote:I'm not going to say that at all. Accountant explicitly stated that they were going to wagon people if wagons arose, so most of his pushes were obviously going to be on easy slots. And I'm not here to defend his play. I only brought up the replace out because it's a blatant misrep and holds no water, and somehow nobody cares.
Well, I care, and since I'm the one scum reading you, I should say it.
Would you prefer I kept quiet and didn't explain my thought process on you and Accountant? I understand that you don't want negative focus on you.
So you admit that the pushes were easy. What do you think on ASP?
And what are your thoughts on GL?
The "nobody cares" was stating that nobody cares you're misrepping the replace-out, not that nobody cares about your case. I'm glad you're scumhunting, your focus is on the wrong slot though!

Yes, the pushes were easy. Why would I deny that? Facts are facts.

I think ASP needs to get into the damn thread more! Half his posts are proddodges, and a quarter are kinda content, and the other quarter are filler about Meta and Theory talk (which he isn't even doing seriously). I mean, this could be scum, but I've mislynched him before iirc for being useless like this, so I don't think it's alignment indicative. If he's scum, he'll show that in time.

GL i really like and I am fairly confident calling town. He is scumhunting and being helpful in the thread and it doesn't appear faked. Very happy with that slot.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #448 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 447, Vedith wrote:Well hopefully he'll pick up more soon. I did like the post of him telling me not to use meta to read him as town. That was pretty towny. I noticed no one gave him credit for that.
GL I'm just not sure about. I mean, you say he's scum hunting but look at his willing to lynch pool...
That's true, of his posts, that was probably his most towny assertion. I'm not townreading him for it, but it is an indication of his thoughts.

GL's lynchpool is DL and ASP, which isn't horrendous.
As I said, I wouldn't vote ASP today because I think he will show his alignment later on anyway, so I don't really like that one for today, but I can see how some would want to get rid of a player with his Iso.
DL is his main scumread, which he is pushing hard. I have to reread that slot still, but I don't think it's a bad push, just as your push on me, though wrong, does not have me scumreading you.
Lycan is his other possibility, but he's backed off it rather than making a push nobody will follow. This is NAI in theory, but in practice the way he has done so is towny.
I really don't get your reservations here.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #450 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 449, Vedith wrote:I'm going to bed, but I'll do a re look tomorrow.
Not to worry, I'm heading out myself. Looking forward to reconvening!

Also, Pagetop! XD
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #460 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 459, Ümläüt wrote:Everyone, we have 24 hours left. I'm not willing to no-lynch. The wagons are DarkLightA and Aristophanes. Pick one.
Okay, let me reread DL. I know your scumread diminished on him recently, but could you give me a quick post on what still bugs you about him? :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #471 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 470, eagerSnake wrote:Okay, I've decided.

Scum is ASP and Vedith.

But nobody will listen to me so VOTE: DarkLightA
Vedith is clearly town and ASP is MIA. What made you "decide" they are scum?

Also, that's
L-1
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #499 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:08 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 493, BTD6_maker wrote:Read Open 642. (Vote first, though).
Why would we vote based on your evidence before reading your evidence?

And I take it DLA is not skewing quotes here.

GL remains a townread, and you, not so much.
VOTE: BTD

Ninja'd
Ümläüt, GL is very likely to flip town, and DLA just caught BTD in a lie. Vote with is and we have a chance at lynching scum this phase!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #505 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:12 am

Post by Aristophanes »

@BTD
You're making us fear a NL is likely when enough people are around and we have 2 hours. This is blatant scum tactic when so close to a ML on town that they don't want to lose out on.

GL is very helpful and a great player and should not be the lynch today!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #512 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:19 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 504, BTD6_maker wrote:Not necessarily. Even a purely random lynch is better overall than a No Lynch,
We have time!

Inb4 ninjas because I got a phone call while writing this...
Yup, like 7 of them.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #600 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

What was your action last night DLA?
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #604 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:02 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 603, DarkLightA wrote:
In post 600, Aristophanes wrote:What was your action last night DLA?
Before I reveal this I'd like you to guess. Who do you think I targetted last night?

(I'm serious)
Probably nobody, as you did mention wanting to save it.

Am I right?
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #610 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:15 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Actually, based on your reads, probably me?

*shrugs*
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #619 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Aristophanes »

DLA, I asked that because it was obvious you had either RB or JK, and I was curious who you tried to block/save. Because of your comment, which I took as you saying you were going to save your role, I just assumed they were all 1-shot. Didn't even notice the Strongman role specifies it.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #644 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Why the hell would we NL!?
The only ones who would benefit from it are Scum.

Someone tell me otherwise.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #646 (isolation #21) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:22 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Right, but we waste a day. We need to lynch between ASP and DLA today. Once we lynch correctly, we baci call have a win. Scum
have
to kill the other PR, who will attempt to block them. No kill = lynch the RB target.
If they no kill gambit and aren't the target, we still get an extra day. If they don't and are blocked, we win. If the kill goes through, we have a clear.

I see no downside.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #651 (isolation #22) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Yeah, I figured that's be a given
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #691 (isolation #23) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:36 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Does anyone need more time?
intent
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #693 (isolation #24) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Aristophanes »

My thoughts as well.

VOTE: ASP
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #721 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I have to assume DLA stayed to his plan and protected GL, which is wonderful! Between that and the lack of hammer, I am left with only Snakey and Ümläüt to worry about.

I'm going to reread them and see what comes of it. Please don't hammer GL! I really don't want to hand them the game!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #724 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:24 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Them is {whichever of you two is scum, ASP}
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #725 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 712, Ümläüt wrote:Man, I'm looking back through Accountant's ISO and I
still
can't see him as scum.

I actually got paranoid for a bit and went to look through Snake's ISO again as well, but while I suppose it's just barely possible that Snake would hard-bus his partner for two days straight, I can't see any reason he would want to shoot Vedith and then DLA, when Vedith was townreading both him and ASP and DLA suspected literally everyone but him. (If I were scum in Snake's position I would likely shoot Lion instead.)

(Too bad, because we don't get to make stupid ASP/snake puns)
This isn't how the Babysitter works btw. Scum had to target BTD that night in order for Vedith to die as well. It's like a reverse Hider.

Also GL is conftown and you think neither Eager nor I are likely scum. I know your vote is on me, but I don't get why.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #731 (isolation #28) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:46 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 729, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 482, Ümläüt wrote:Sigh. Not loving the vagueclaim in a setup where Mafia hard-fakeclaiming is dangerous.

But I doubt you're getting lynched today, so JI'll just say I'm looking forward to seeing either that proof or your swinging body tomorrow.

VOTE: Aristophanes

I don't love this wagon but it's better than GL.
In post 483, Ümläüt wrote:Wait, Vedith already left the Aristo wagon, so I can vote whomever I want.

VOTE: A Simple Plan
Ari I want you to convince me that scum!Umlaut would have any motivation whatsoever to do this, otherwise I'm like most definitely gonna vote you
This was amid a deadline scramble and wasn't kept there long. Throwing a vote onto a partner there is excellent distancing without risk of bussing. He made the vote, but didn't push it in any way! He just kinda threw it out there willy nilly before jumping to the next biggest wagon!

That's actually really good scum play.
GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 448, Aristophanes wrote:As I said, I wouldn't vote ASP today because
I think he will show his alignment later on anyway
also like if I squint really hard, this feels like you knew he was rolecop already and were hoping he'd be able to pass it off like town rolecop later. Like it reads like you've already been thinking about how he can "show his alignment".
Do I have to tell you how ridiculous this point is? Because it is.
I have played with him before, I have mislynched him before, and I find him easier to read once there are more posts. Him being MiA is NAI and I don't use it to read him anymore. Simple as that.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #736 (isolation #29) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:41 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 735, Ümläüt wrote:A Møøse once bit my sister...
Does she live in Canada?

I'll do this tn or tomorrow. Been working and under the weather.

Let's not lose this!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #743 (isolation #30) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:31 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I'm here! So sorry for the delay!

Let's do this!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #744 (isolation #31) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

So, Umlaut is scum. I was going to do a write up on both Eager and Umlaut, but there's no point.

VOTE: Umlaut

Look at his posts between 53 and 94. Just look at them. They are expert distancing and trying to appear town. He went back to read old ASP games, which is something I've seen get townread in the past, especially when it turns out the one he did it on is scum. Vut what did he gain from this reread? Not a hell of a lot. Just that he could vote there, but could also vote 0x40. Like, he is trying to apply pressure to the wagon without voting it, and while softly pushing people onto another.
In post 105, Ümläüt wrote:Hi, Mav.

I'd like to know who if anyone is townreading ASP right now and why. Obviously if you think he's town you should be trying to keep us from mislynching; but just as importantly, if his wagon goes to a lynch unchallenged, it will be hard for town to draw much associational data from it regardless of the flip.
This is hard posturing. He is saying "ASP is scummy" without saying it, and trying to goad people into townreading the slot (either so he can scumread them on "associatives" or to avoid the lynch). It appears that Umlaut had little faith in ASP and decided to set their distance up early to avoid complications.
follows as another subtle defense. He doesn't shoot down main reasons for ASP scumreads (probably because he already knew his alignment) and instead is picking at all the small things to keep damage to a minimum.

This progression makes no sense to me:
In post 128, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 126, Ümläüt wrote:To clarify: "too easy" is okay as an argument against lynching someone
right now
(because we need more discussion), but not as an argument against lynching them
that day
This is a good way of concisely expressing what I was trying to say earlier.

As it stands, I have no idea who 0x40 and Mav are scumreading. Lycanfire also seems to be coasting. And if ASP is town it'd definitely benefit the game for him to be more involved as well.

If you all are that convinced that ASP is scum already then try to find his partner. I don't have a solid stance on ASP but that's mostly because it's early and he hasn't done much at all, and there's several other players that haven't rung town to me yet either.
In post 129, Ümläüt wrote:I can't move my vote to 0x40 because it's already there.

Hey, 0x40, do you have any opinions on anything yet?
He totally disregards the mention of ASP and focuses, once again, on 0x40, who is probably the easiest counterwagon to push at this point.
Which, might I add, is exactly what he does. His reads list in has Scum!ASP and 0x40 in the bottom tier, but 0x40, who has done nothing of value yet, if the one he wants to lynch. This is pushed hard through the next posts, and all of this just happens to directly follow the VC where ASP is at L-1. Probably set him into panic mode where a final push against the ASP lynch couldn't hurt, especially since he's been deemed scum anyway by Umlaut at this point. The push is continued on DLA for consistency's sake I imagine.

Upon the "vagueclaim" by DLA, he votes me, then ASP immediately after. I find this weird. Like, very much so. He was distancing from him with this vote, as I mentioned before, and didn't push for the lynch. If he'd really wanted it, he'd have brought up his prior case again and tried to make happen. Instead, we get nothing of the sort. After the BTD claim, he became very interested in the positions of the PRs (likely to try and figure it out in relation to ASP's) as seen in . This directly follows a fake town-slip in where he tries to pull a third PR claim out (knowing it would never happen).

is damning. He throws shade at our claimed PR DLA making a vanity vote on ASP. This sets him up to go with the flow the next day when ASP set up to counterclaim. This was obviously premeditated and organized here.
In post 627, Ümläüt wrote:ASP, this is why you DON'T DISAPPEAR IN THE LAST FEW HOURS OF THE DAY
This is either an extremely badly faked reaction or scum frustration at their partner being let out. Or both. Probably both.

Post-claim, is also quite fake. He "knows which claim he likes better" but waits until he knows which way everyone is going before he actually makes the vote. Because of thisHe can still get townpoints for "trying to get info out of him before making it obvious" while actually playing it slow so he can gauge the town and possibly hailmary save his partner.

He then thrown shade at DLA for forgetting ASP was counterclaiming RB, and uses his well set up ASP pushes from earlier to clear him of the negative connotations of it! This is really good scumplay, Umlaut. I really am impressed by it. He continues pushing against the lynch slowly in after being shut down for being called out in for exaggerating his earlier push on ASP. This is where he also shifts the blame onto DLA again. This is so scummy it hurts.
He's distancing, trying to avoid the lynch, and trying to get townpoints for the lynch all at once! This is scum caught in a hard spot trying all angles!

Fastforward to today.
I could talk about a couple things, but the main two posts that are the worst things are the following:
In post 739, Ümläüt wrote:I wish I could tell you "Here's a super awesome reason you should just go ahead and hammer Aristo," but I don't have a super awesome reason, just PoE (which is obviously a bit easier from my position with a conftown who isn't me).

I guess if you're 70-80% sure Aristo is scum, you might as well vote
if you don't see any argument changing your confidence by more than 20-30%.
In post 741, Ümläüt wrote:I'm kind of unnerved that Aristo hasn't actually voted me. Either he thinks there's a serious chance that Snake is scum (and I would love to hear that case if so), or he's holding out for a chance to quickhammer whatever wagon pops up.
The first is a call for GL to hammer me and end the game before I can respond. This Is Scum!
Town would want to have me come in here and talk. Town would want to be 100% sure. Scum just want that hammer to fall so they can claim their prize!
The second is a hard discredit. He wants me to make a vote so he can call it scum. He is pushing again for the game to end before I can quickhammer, which there is no chance of me even doing. These posts are the nails in his coffin and blatantly agitated scum who wants to end the game!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #755 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I mean, I don't have much to say.

I've said my piece, Umlaut has said his.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #761 (isolation #33) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:37 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 760, eagerSnake wrote:hahahahahahha lol
Wait...it was you this whole time Eager!?

FUCK!!!

I knew all this "I'm basically conftown" shit was scummy! :'(
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #774 (isolation #34) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:40 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Actually, I think I had you as tracker, and BTD as a protective (thus the kill choice). I wanted to snuff the protective and figured I'd be the track. This also limited our movement (under that assumption). And Rolecop was useless at that point anyway.

I'm really glad that ended up working out! :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #775 (isolation #35) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Also, I really did have a lot of fun this game and I'm glad I gave it a good go at the end there! You people are fun! :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #777 (isolation #36) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:34 am

Post by Aristophanes »

We kinda agreed it had to happen else we knew ASP was done for. So he went for it, and it didn't work out. He wasn't around at deadline though, which helped it's credibility, even if only marginally.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #781 (isolation #37) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:45 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I like incoherent thoughts!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #783 (isolation #38) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 782, eagerSnake wrote:For Umlaut to be scum it would have taken a very long and difficult explanation of how he had planned every move since the beginning of D1 and taken every townie thing he did and turn it into a scum thing he did to look like town.
Yeah, this alwasnt an easy thing to push man! XD

I like how much thought you put into this actually! I respect your playstyle a lot more now! :)
- Jingle

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”