Micro 60 - A Death in the Candlelight (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Micro 60 - A Death in the Candlelight (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:57 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Present Day, Munich
Today was the day that everything changed. After months of planning, everything was in place for the ceremony.

The Nine had gathered from across the globe. Each had a part to play in the events to follow.

In a delicate ceremony such as a Revival, there can be no mistakes. Everything must be perfect, or else he'll come back wrong.

And if there's one thing we don't want, it's him coming back wrong.

Alive

Spoiler:
  1. Maestro
  2. Klick
  3. Does Bo Know

Bold indicates confirmed, asterisks indicate prods.

Dead

Spoiler:
  1. uctriton00
    rep.
    joltik
    Naughty Cultist (Mafia Goon)
    , Lynched Day 1
  2. Guy_Named_Riggs
    Boring Cultist (Vanilla Townie)
    , Killed Night 1
  3. IceGuy
    Helpful Cultist (1-Shot Doctor)
    , Killed Night 1
  4. Agent_Ireland
    Boring Cultist (Vanilla Townie)
    , Lynched Day 2
  5. Parama
    Angry Cultist (One-Shot Vig)
    , Killed Night 2
  6. izakthegoomba
    Slutty Cultist (Mafia Roleblocker)
    , Lynched Day 3

Replacements
Last edited by Xalxe on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:21 am, edited 19 times in total.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:20 am

Post by Xalxe »

Some Rules

: I am the Mod thy God. My word is final. Don’t question me.

I
: If not specifically stated by your role, you MAY NOT discuss the game anywhere other than the game thread. If I discover that you do, you shall be modkilled with a vengeance. Zappity-zap!
I.5
: You also may not quote moderator-supplied information, real or fake. As the players can’t tell the difference, I’ll just modkill you anyway.

II
: The Almighty ModGod does not fully read each post until later than you may think. As such, any pleas to the ModGod should be bolded for ease of location. Alternatively, you could go through my express communication method and PM me. I’m sure to notice and not give a shit care deeply then.

III
: The ModGod is spiteful and not likely to show mercy upon those who incur his wrath. A modkill is liable to change the gamestate from day to night if the sinner is Town, or not to if the sinner is Mafia. Other punishments can and will result.

IV
: I have reserved the mech and ooc tags for my exclusive purpose. Using these will result in my editing your post to be a lovely shade of hot pink with flowers. In the interest of public information, if I edit your post, I will use the ooc tag, but in my own posts, I’ll stick with mech.

Gameplay

V
: Votes must be either in bold or vote tags and be in the format
Vote: Xalxe
. Deviation from this format is not recommended. Any attempts to fakevote that the ModGod detects will be counted as real.

VI
: Unvoting is not required, but it pleases the ModGod.

VIII
: No Lynch is an acceptable vote. A simple majority of this vote will end the day without a death. Please note that, while the ModGod may tally votes for non-players (Xalxe, mith, The Mafia) for shits and giggles, if you are not voting for a player, you are considered not voting.

IX
: Once a player has reached a majority of votes (50% + 1, rounded) upon their person, they are dead. No unvoting can save them where they’ve gone. Please allow up to 36 hours for the ModGod to figure this out and finish them off good and proper.

X
: Bah posts are permitted, provided they contain no game-relevant information. Failure to comply will result in blacklisting and the ModGod consulting higher authorities.

XI
: Once the majority is reached, the game officially enters the Twilight stage. In this stage, you may post but votes will not be counted. Also, you will sparkle and be the focus of middle-school girls. Sorry ‘bout that.

XII
: Standard MafiaScum rules apply. No secret codes, no invisible text and no editing posts. If you're worried that something you are considering may be in violation of these rules, PM me with a query about your intended action first and i will tell you if it's ok or not.

XIII
: Natural Action Resolution will decide the….resolution of night actions in this game.

Deadlines and Such

XIV
: Deadlines will last X days, where X = (# Players/2) + 7. Deadline extensions may be granted in the event of a late replacement or a really good show.
Should deadline be reached without majority, there will be No Lynch.

XV
: Nights have a deadline of 72 hours. However, if I receive all actions before this, it may end early. Players without an action should send me a “No Action” PM in order to expedite this process.

XVI
: Lurking is bad. If you do not post for 48 hours, you are eligible for a prod upon request. Players have 48 hours to respond to prods, else the ModGod shall replace them speedily. Should a player receive 3 prods, they will be force-replaced.

XVII
: Should my subjects be troubled by such MeatWorld concerns as forbid them from posting for a period > 72 hours, they should indicate so in-thread or via PM to me in order to be spared my wrath.

Other Things

XVIII
: Play to have fun.

XIX
: Play to win.

XX
: There is no Rule 7.

Game Specific Rules

This game uses the experimental C9-- Setup. The possible Role PMs are posted below.

Spoiler: VANILLA TOWNIE
Welcome to
Micro 60: A Death in the Candlelight
, XXXXXX! You are a
Boring Cultist

Abilities

Sleep
: At night, you may sleep. This is a compulsive action. So, really, that sentence should read "you must sleep," but I like it when it appears as if you have a choice in the matter.

You win when all the naughty cultists are dead and there's a nice cultist still alive.

Spoiler: INVESTIGATIVE
Welcome to
, XXXXXX! You are an
Observant Cultist

Abilities

Observe
: Once during the game, you may observe another player through the night. You will find out if they are naughty or nice. You're like Santa, only you don't give good children presents and you'll probably die.

You win when all the naughty cultists are dead and there's a nice cultist still alive.

Welcome to
, XXXXXX! You are an
Investigative Cultist

Abilities

Investigate
: Every night during the game, you may observe another player. You will find out if they are naughty or nice. You're like Santa, only you don't give good children presents and you'll probably die.

Spoiler: PROTECTIVE
Welcome to
, XXXXXX! You are a
Helpful Cultist

Abilities

Help
: Once during the game, you may shoot another player up with some drugs. These drugs will keep them safe throughout that night and not let them die, because they're MAGIC. Also, they won't remember it in the morning because drugs are bad, kids. Don't do drugs.

Welcome to
, XXXXXX! You are a
Druggie Cultist

Abilities

Drugs!
: Each night during the game, you may shoot another player up with some drugs. These drugs will keep them safe throughout that night and not let them die, because they're MAGIC. Also, they won't remember it in the morning because drugs are bad, kids. Don't do drugs.

Spoiler: KILLING
Welcome to
, XXXXXX! You are an
Angry Cultist

Abilities

Anger
: Once during the game, you may attack a player during the night and bludgeon them to death in a bludgeon-like fashion, killing them deader than Ke$ha's career.

Welcome to
, XXXXXX! You are a
Murderous Cultist

Abilities

Murderdeathdie
: Each night during the game, you may go murder someone. Only one person though, we don't want the body count getting too high here. They'll be dead and you'll be alive to kill again. Probably.

Spoiler: CONFIRMATION
Welcome to
, XXXXXX! You are a
Friendly Cultist

Abilities

Friendship
: Once during the game, you may tell someone that you are town. Town town town town town, the towniest townie who ever lived. But because nobody ever talks back to you because you're weird and gregarious, they won't tell you anything in return and you'll sulk back to your corner, disappointed.

Welcome to
, XXXXXX! You are an
Innocent Cultist

Abilities

Innocence
: Holy shit, you're just ADORABLE! How could you ever kill anyone, you're so innocent and CUTE! At the start of the game, I'll tell the WHOLE GAME that you're Town and never could ever hurt anyone, ever! Who would ever want to hurt something as innocent as YOU?!

Spoiler: BLOCKING
Welcome to
, XXXXXX! You are a
Sexy Cultist

Abilities

Sexy
: Once during the game, you make take another cultist back to your room and...have your way with them. They will be unable to perform any other actions that night, due to being...occupied...by sexytimes.

Welcome to
, XXXXXX! You are a
Nymphomanic Cultist

Abilities

Nymphomania
: Each night during the game, you make take another cultist back to your room and...have your way with them. They will be unable to perform any other actions that night, due to being...occupied...by sexytimes.

Spoiler: MAFIA ROLES
Welcome to
, XXXXXX! You are a
Naughty Cultist

Abilities

Be Naughty
: Each night during the game, you or your partner may kill someone else. How very rude of you!
Be Chatty
: You may talk to your partner in this Quicktopic all night without anyone else hearing you. Because...science. Shut up.

You win when all the nice cultists are dead and there's a naughty cultist still alive.

Welcome to
, XXXXXX! You are a
Slutty Cultist

Abilities

Be Slutty
: Each night, if you have not performed your team's kill, you may take someone back to your sex dungeon and have your way with them. They will be occupied for the night and unable to perform any other actions. Also they won't remember it in the morning because you drugged them.
Be Naughty
: Each night during the game, you or your partner may kill someone else. How very rude of you!
Be Chatty
: You may talk to your partner in this Quicktopic all night without anyone else hearing you. Because...science. Shut up.

You win when all the nice cultists are dead and there's a naughty cultist still alive.

Spoiler: STRONGMAN KILL
Be Extra-Special Naughty
: Once during the game, your may choose to make an extra-special naughty kill. This kill will totally bypass any Doctor protections that night.
Last edited by Xalxe on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:27 am

Post by Xalxe »

Roles have been randomized and are being sent out now. Please confirm via PM. The game will start when 7/9 have confirmed.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:20 am

Post by Xalxe »

The cellar door creaked as it swung open to admit the tenth member of the ceremony to the dark and dusty basement. A hush fell over the assembled as he strode in, carrying the Book.

Without pause, he strode to the head of the circle where a wooden lectern stood, draped with a banner. The book was placed onto the lectern with great reverence as the High Priest turned to face the assembled. One by one, he looked each of them in the eye before speaking.

"My brethren," he intoned, gazing around the candlelit room. "Our time has come. The plans set in motion so very long ago are finally coming to fruition."

Saulres paused before continuing. "Each of you," he declared, "has been summoned here tonight to take part in this most sacred Ritual. Each of you has some tie to the events that shall transpire here before we are through."

Swaying slightly, he grasped the lectern. "Some among the outsiders may proclaim you madmen," he declared waveringly. "Others would damn you to the depths of hell."

"But there is one man, one man who has never failed us." His voice cracked as he continued. "One man to whom we are wholly devoted. One...man...who we...sh..."

Faltering, saulres collapsed to the ground. The Nine gathered around him rushed to his aid, but it was too late. He had died as he lived, in service to his Leader.

saulres,
NPC High Priest
, was killed during pregame

The game begins! Per the rules, deadline is 12 days from now, or in (expired on 2012-10-29 13:20:05). Good luck!
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:28 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Vote: izakthegoomba

I feel like I've played a game with you before a loooong time ago, Izak. Do you remember which one it was? Or at least what happened? Hahaha
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:30 am

Post by Parama »

vote: izak

Wagon time
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:41 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 5, Parama wrote:
vote: izak

Wagon time

Let him answer my question before we lynch him though.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:45 am

Post by Parama »

Wagon time
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:47 am

Post by Parama »

Actually no that's just too much to pass up

You've already proven that you're faking a town mindset because a reaction to that post on page 5 would be okay but on page 1 it makes absolutely no sense

The question is practically irrelevant. He has 2 VOTES ON HIM.
IT'S EFFING RVS

Nope RVS is over now Bo is scum and that's that
unvote, vote: Bo
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

joltik
joltik
Townie
joltik
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:32 am

Post by joltik »

vote: Bo

Wagon time
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:52 am

Post by IceGuy »

VOTE: joltik

Actually scum.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:04 am

Post by Parama »

In post 10, IceGuy wrote:VOTE: joltik

Actually scum.

Actually I dunno.
Why is Bo town?
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:05 am

Post by Parama »

Hmm yes joltik did perfectly mimic my starting post
I will concede that your vote is not terrible

Would like to hear from more peeps
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:58 am

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

Based off what has happened so far, I predict a Bo and Jolt scum team

Vote:joltick
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Post by Parama »

Care to give any original input?
Why jolt over Bo?
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Well that escalated quickly.

I don't like Joltik's vote on me. His vote seems like an RVS vote on a non-RVS wagon.

I'll wait to vote Joltik until the others come in and post.
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:46 pm

In post 14, Parama wrote:Care to give any original input?
Why jolt over Bo?

I was phone posting, so I didn't have a whole lot of time to give more than that.

In addition to what Para was saying, Bo seemed to be on the thought that izak was going to be lynched fairly quickly. The post saying he was waiting for izak to answer a question about seeing if they have played in a game together before he was lynched just doesn't sit with me well. Also, more recently, he doesn't say anything useful about the votes on him, just a post waiting for others to join. He is only uncomfortable about jolt's vote. That seems odd.

I voted jolt over Bo because Bo had 2 votes, jolt had 1. It's 5 to lynch, so rather get a wagon to L-2, L-3 is much safer for discussions as it gives people more options to choose a wagon before a lynch is put at L-1.

I'm still liking the idea of a jolt/Bo scum team.

First: jolt's vote on Bo seems like he is solely parroting para and bussing his partner in the process.
Second: Bo seems only concerned on jolt's vote on him. Hasn't even addressed the fact that Para's vote is on him.
Third: Bo mentions it escalting quickly (he's at L-3) and yet he was perfectly fine with izak at L-3 (which happened a lot faster than his wagon)

So yeah, jolt/Bo = the scum team
GG everyone
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Post by Parama »

No, pressure on one is better than evening votes on both. There's nothing wrong with L-2. You can't quickhammer someone who's at L-2. Move your vote.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:44 pm

I see your point.

Vote:Bo
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:25 pm

Post by Parama »

People who have posted besides me who don't have a high chance of being scum:
IceGuy
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Responses in
blue
:
In post 16, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:In addition to what Para was saying, Bo seemed to be on the thought that izak was going to be lynched fairly quickly. The post saying he was waiting for izak to answer a question about seeing if they have played in a game together before he was lynched just doesn't sit with me well. Also, more recently, he doesn't say anything useful about the votes on him, just a post waiting for others to join. He is only uncomfortable about jolt's vote. That seems odd.

Nope, I wasn't on the thought that Izak would be lynched quickly, but I guess I
still
need to tone my sarcasm down a bit during RVS. (It tends to get less traumatizing after RVS.) I was posting quickly from my phone from post #15 so I couldn't explain much, but even if I wasn't, there was nothing suspicious to say about Parama's vote on me. He voted me for something that wasn't stupid, and it was the first vote on me so there wasn't any pressure. Typical town play.

*snip*

First: jolt's vote on Bo seems like he is solely parroting para and bussing his partner in the process.
Second: Bo seems only concerned on jolt's vote on him. Hasn't even addressed the fact that Para's vote is on him.
Third: Bo mentions it escalting quickly (he's at L-3) and yet he was perfectly fine with izak at L-3 (which happened a lot faster than his wagon)

First: I can see how it looks like that. Except I'm town so I know he can't be bussing me.
Second: Refer to first blue statement in this quote.
Third: "Escalating quickly" meaning that the game got out of RVS incredibly quickly. My wagon happened with a lot more reason than Izak's wagon. And Izak's wagon was an RVS wagon.

Note to self: Don't use "before he's lynched" when trying to be sarcastic during RVS. Gets you accused as scum on page...1. Got it.

Still waiting for more people to enter discussion. But thanks to Parama at least I'm more comfortable voting Joltik now.
Unvote
Vote: Joltik
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:21 pm

Post by Maestro »

Game flavor is brilliant. I love our Glorious Leader. Saulres...RIP...

@Our Wonderful/Terrible Leader (whichever you prefer, of course, My Lord/Grace/Eminence/Majesty):
Is there a game-relevant reason we should be aware of for why the Strongman Kill is crossed out?

Meanwhile I see joltik's going for the quickbus while Bo's going for the crapbus.
In other words, I approve of GNR's assertion. Bo/jolt Scumteam seems likely.

Also, where're izak, Kondi, and Agent_Ireland?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:55 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Vote Count 1.1
Does Bo Know (3)
: Parama, joltik, Guy_Named_Riggs
joltik (2)
: IceGuy, Does Bo Know

Not Voting
: Maestro, izakthegoomba, Klick, Agent_Ireland

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: October 29 at 1:20pm EST ((expired on 2012-10-29 13:20:05))

In post 21, Maestro wrote:
@Our Wonderful/Terrible Leader (whichever you prefer, of course, My Lord/Grace/Eminence/Majesty):
Is there a game-relevant reason we should be aware of for why the Strongman Kill is crossed out?

I legitimately have no idea what you mean here.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:24 am

Post by Parama »

In post 21, Maestro wrote:Also, where're izak, Kondi, and Agent_Ireland?

Because you've been the paragon of activity, yes
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:33 am

Well, with regards to AI and izak, they both have confirmed so I don't see why they shouldn't have checked in at least. And kondi has confirmed yet, so no idea about him.

O Mighty and Powerful ModGod: Could you send a message to AI, izak, and klick letting them know that the game has started?
That might get them in here.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”