Micro 401: Pushing the Boundaries [GAME OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Micro 401: Pushing the Boundaries [GAME OVER]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:06 am

Post by Maestro »

Official Playerlist:
  1. God Tier (Goodmorning + TierShift)
  2. Train Wreck of Carnage (ika + guyett)
  3. Vanitas (KingdomAces + BeastCharizard)
  4. Wax (Wisdom + Xayzeck)
  5. Heartless (TellTaleHeart + Antihero)
- indicates a player prodded for inactivity; a player who has two or more prods is likely to be replaced
Maestro
- indicates a player who has been replaced; a player replacement resets all inactivity prods

Spoiler: List of the Living
Train Wreck of Carnage * -
Hydra
, Endgamed and WonDay 2
Wax -
Hydra
, Endgamed and Won Day 2
Heartless -
Hydra
, Endgamed and Won Day 2

* - indicates a Hydra with one head cut off

Spoiler: List of the Dead
God Tier ** -
Hydra
, second head cut off Day 2, First Lynch
Vanitas -
Hydra
, Killed Night 1
Train Wreck of Carnage * - ???, one head cut off Day 1, Second Lynch
God Tier * - ???, one head cut off Day 1, First Lynch

Spoiler: List of the Disgraced (Modkills)

RULES

This is my color. Don't use my color.

* You are expected to be an active participant in this game. Players who have not posted for 2 days [48 hours] will be prodded for inactivity.
* After a prod is sent, players have 1 day [24 hours] to respond
IN-THREAD
in some way, or I will start searching for a replacement.
* If, at any time, a player has received 2 prods for inactivity and would require another prod, I may or may not issue another prod. I
will
start searching for a replacement.

* If you would like to request replacement or declare V/LA at any time, please PM me.
* If you have a personal problem with another player's activity/posting, please PM me.

* Days will be 2 weeks [14 days] in length. Deadline exceptions will only be made in extremely rare circumstances.
* Nights will be 2 days [48 hours] in length. Night deadline exceptions will only be made to accomodate Nighttime replacements.

* Votes will only be counted if they are in a format such as
Vote: Maestro
or VOTE: Maestro and must be on a separate line of text and outside of any spoiler tag. (I will not be held accountable for having missed your vote if this rule is not adhered to.)

* Game-relevant posts and Private Messages
MUST
be made by and distributed via the Hydra accounts listed in the playerlist(s) above while the player(s) involved are alive and participating. The only communication that may be distributed via personal accounts is communication involving bans, modkills, or replacement of a single head in the Hydra account.

* You
MAY
vote for the option to "No Lynch".
* If "No Lynch" has the most votes at deadline or receives a majority at any point, there will be "No Lynch".
* This is the only way to achieve a "No Lynch" - regular lynching is achieved through plurality. (The first one with the most votes at deadline is lynched.)

* Upon being Lynched or dying overnight, players may make one "Bah!"-type post after they are officially dead. This post may not contain game-related information or any knowledge they may have of the game's setup or the other players. This rule will be enforced by a Modkill or other action that would harm the offending player's faction.

* I
MAY OR MAY NOT
make Dead QTs unless requested. If you want a Dead QT because you're dead, just PM me!

AND FINALLY:

I am aware that I make mistakes. Please PM me about any I may make or address me in bold in-thread.
Do not hash out issues with me in-thread unless the entire playerlist would benefit.

SETUP

This is (somewhat technically speaking) a semi-Open setup. The "default" or "Vanilla" Role PM is provided below but this role is not necessarily utilized in the setup. Rather, it is provided to establish an idea of the mechanics of this setup.

HydraWelcome! You are a
Hydra

You have two heads. You two know who you are.

Your heads do not share the same brain, and as such, you have
two votes
. These votes need not be placed on the same person. Your heads also don't share the same body, but you are still one player slot. To represent this, you are
1-shot unlynchable

Your heads are excited to play and excited to lynch. This game is "double day", and there will be
two lynches
to accommodate your interest. These lynches need not be brought to the same person, but that is the only way you will receive a flip on Day 1.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.
Last edited by Maestro on Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:11 pm

Post by Maestro »

Day begins now! Fancier stuff here when I'm not sick and wishing I were asleep.
Wax
Wax
Mafia Scum
Wax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:28 pm

Post by Wax »

Heartless scum

VOTE: Heartless

-Xay
Train Wreck of Carnage
Train Wreck of Carnage
Townie
Train Wreck of Carnage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:06 pm

Post by Train Wreck of Carnage »

VOTE: train of carnage

CHOOOOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ABOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDD THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TRAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Train Wreck of Carnage
Train Wreck of Carnage
Townie
Train Wreck of Carnage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:14 pm

In post 3, Train Wreck of Carnage wrote:

CHOOOOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ABOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDD THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TRAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!

FIXED!

ALSO THIS IS HOW THE GAMESTATE WILL SOON BE:

BRB MAKIGN THIS OUR AVI
Vanitas
Vanitas
Townie
Vanitas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:29 am

Post by Vanitas »

VOTE: Wax
If you think the Heartless are bad, why don't you try playing with our Unversed.

With five slots and the possibility of there not being a lynch on D1, the only way I can see this game being balanced is if only one slot was scum. (Assuming that members of a hydra are in fact the same alignment, because I have no clue how that would work.) I haven't thought too in depth yet about whether we should get a flip today or use our lynches on separate people. I mostly want to see what other people think first.
Wax
Wax
Mafia Scum
Wax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:21 am

Post by Wax »

In post 5, Vanitas wrote:use our lynches on separate people

What do you mean?

As for different heads having different alignments, I'm not sure that would happen. That would involve the head's main accounts getting a separate alignment PM, while the other head only has the alignment PM on the hydra account, which would be pretty bastard.

I'd say the biggest problem of not getting a flips, is that we'd go into the night with 2 lynchables, and after their lynch and reactions, it would be easier to determine if they were scum or town. Given that we didn't get them to flip, it probably means they were town, making them optimal lynches for scum. Given they've already loss their 1-shot unlynchable, it makes them all the better NK target, in my opinion.

-Xay
Vanitas
Vanitas
Townie
Vanitas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:56 am

Post by Vanitas »

We have two lynches and everyone takes two lynches to lynch? You seem to know that, so what is confusing about it?

How does someone not flipping after being lynched once make them probably town?
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:01 am

Post by Heartless »

i'm guessing this is kingdom aces?^

mod: how many votes to lynch?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:03 am

Post by Heartless »

VOTE: God Tier

the scummiest

of butts
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Vanitas
Vanitas
Townie
Vanitas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:00 am

Post by Vanitas »

In post 5, Vanitas wrote:If you think the Heartless are bad, why don't you try playing with our Unversed.

I officially love my hydra partner.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Townie
Vanitas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:03 am

Post by Vanitas »

Suggestion official alliance of my hydra and the Heartless Hydra. Why? Because Kingdom Hearts is the best and fuck all the other games.

Also, not voting because I want to know how many till lynch.

Lastly, I am awesome. That is all.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:09 am

Post by TierShift »

Ego.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Townie
Vanitas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Vanitas »

Hey Guyett, why post if you're not going to actually say anything?

...is what I'd say if Guyett wasn't actually in this game, but since he is I actually have to say that I'm actually taking to TierShift. Also yeah, 5/7 were me (KingdomAces). I'll sign if you want me to, but there's a decent chance that I'll just end up forgetting anyway and I'm not entirely sure how much it matters.
God Tier
God Tier
Townie
God Tier
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:47 am

Post by God Tier »

Greetings, townfolk, we are the Gods.

In post 5, Vanitas wrote:I haven't thought too in depth yet about whether we should get a flip today or use our lynches on separate people. I mostly want to see what other people think first.

This God disapproves of this fencesitting comment. As I think any town player would go for the flip, I can see this as scum waiting for a town player to suggest the inferior plan and go with it.
In post 9, Heartless wrote:VOTE: God Tier

the scummiest

of butts

I would rather not use my lightning strike on you, could you remove your vote, non-believer?

VOTE: veritas
VOTE: veritas
The power of the Gods shall be felt.

-Zeus
Train Wreck of Carnage
Train Wreck of Carnage
Townie
Train Wreck of Carnage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:53 am

VOTE: god tier

stop impersinating me
Vanitas
Vanitas
Townie
Vanitas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by Vanitas »

And what is the inferior plan then? I could go in depth and try to make an argument for both sides, but I haven't yet and I want to make sure that no one else has already before I devote time into doing so. I only brought it up because I don't like RVS.

Since you seem to be in favor of lynching the same person twice, let me play devil's advocate. Lynching two separate people on D1 allows more options open going into D2, and assuming that we would have lynched town on D1, we would have more town viewpoints available to discuss those options with. That is even just assuming that the game is all vanilla and that having more town going into night with potential powers would be irrelevant, which I don't think it is.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Townie
Vanitas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by Vanitas »

We don't need to sign. We post nothing alike.
God Tier
God Tier
Townie
God Tier
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by God Tier »

In post 16, Vanitas wrote:Lynching two separate people on D1 allows more options open going into D2, and assuming that we would have lynched town on D1, we would have more town viewpoints available to discuss those options with. That is even just assuming that the game is all vanilla and that having more town going into night with potential powers would be irrelevant, which I don't think it is.

Let's No Lynch we're at it! Lynches are bad for town, because we eliminate a possible town player!

Gods disapprove.
-Zeus
Vanitas
Vanitas
Townie
Vanitas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by Vanitas »

Um, the difference there is that if we no-lynch then we still have a bunch of unlynchables going in to future days, which would absolutely be not worth the convenience of more town players. What I'm suggesting here is trading a lynch today for two lynches tomorrow/whenever we want to cash in on them.
Vanitas
Vanitas
Townie
Vanitas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Vanitas »

You want to know what my idea was inferior Gods?

My idea was to lynch everyone once during the next 3 days so that on the last day of the game we would be in 3 player LYLO and KNOW we can lynch the scum. The scum would then have to choose between the two players of which we lynched that day in because if they kill a lynchable player they take out someone who could be lynched besides themselves.

How about that as a plan?
Train Wreck of Carnage
Train Wreck of Carnage
Townie
Train Wreck of Carnage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:28 pm

Fuck you I will impersonate you if i like it make the thread that much more trollsy.

VOTE: vanitas

words words words is all im hearing from you. you can die all i hear is mafia theory talk and not gamesolving
Vanitas
Vanitas
Townie
Vanitas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Vanitas »

In post 21, Train Wreck of Carnage wrote:Fuck you I will impersonate you if i like it make the thread that much more trollsy.

Who are you talking to with this?

Also you are doing jack shit as well. Hell, no one is doing anything. I would venture we are doing more than most people. We are atleast trying to start conversations. Everyone else is just making bullshit votes.

VOTE: God Tier

I think this is scum. I need the other people to come in and comment on stuff though because I need to see something.
Wax
Wax
Mafia Scum
Wax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by Wax »

In post 7, Vanitas wrote:We have two lynches and everyone takes two lynches to lynch? You seem to know that, so what is confusing about it?

How does someone not flipping after being lynched once make them probably town?

Because I read "use lynches to separate people" haha

I meant that after we lynch the once, if we decided not to lynch them again it probably means we reconsidered their alignment. Not that not lynching the twice makes the town.

-Xay
God Tier
God Tier
Townie
God Tier
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by God Tier »

On the whole "how many votes does it take to get to the center of a lynching" subject, oneself is assuming 6 at present. If it turns out to be three then things just got quite a bit more interesting.

In post 20, Vanitas wrote:You want to know what my idea was inferior Gods?

1. No, but we are sure you're going to tell us anyway.
2. Something something Greco-Roman something Renaissance something Jesus Christ on a bicycle something, which we would hardly call inferior.

My idea was to lynch everyone once during the next 3 days so that on the last day of the game we would be in 3 player LYLO and KNOW we can lynch the scum. The scum would then have to choose between the two players of which we lynched that day in because if they kill a lynchable player they take out someone who could be lynched besides themselves.

How about that as a plan?

This confuses and thus displeases us.
How about you try playing the game instead of playing the percentages?

Oh, we're already voting you lots. We are satisfied with that.
We are less satisfied with the blatant lack of anything useful from the train crash.

-Jupiter

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”