Micro 675: Heroes of the Storm uPick - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:46 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

This game becomes way the fuck different if sir lurksalot is scum

VOTE: obvious alt
beefycheese
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:46 am

Post by Obvious Alt »

In post 294, Dunnstral wrote:Did obvious alt pm the mod in order to avoid posting in thread?
I replied via PM to the replacement ad posted in the relevant thread. I had been instructed by PM not to post in thread, and refrained from doing so pending confirmation that I wasn't being replaced.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:47 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Oh hi there
beefycheese
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:48 am

Post by Obvious Alt »

In post 300, borkjerfkin wrote:This game becomes way the fuck different if sir lurksalot is scum

VOTE: obvious alt
I prefer "Dame Lurksalot," thank you.

I'll have relevant content in the next 20-30 minutes or so.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:49 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

My bad on gender.

UNVOTE:

Waiting with baited breath
beefycheese
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:58 am

Post by Obvious Alt »

It's spelled "bated breath." You're not using a hook. It's a form of "abated" which Shakespeare shortened to lop a syllable.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:58 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Ok
beefycheese
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:03 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 305, Obvious Alt wrote:It's spelled "bated breath."
I
this one, bork. Can we keep her a while?
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:08 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

well, as a start I'd like her maybe make more than an average of 4 posts per game day

Since you're here:
What are your reads now
What made you vote AJ?
beefycheese
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:37 am

Post by Syryana »

Gimme like 30 mins
Foxbird
Foxbird
Goon
Foxbird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:41 am

Post by Foxbird »

Votecount 1.9

Aj The Epic
(3) - Seiko x Naomi, The Oxford Bubbles, Syryana
(L-2!)

Syryana
(1) - Shadow_step

Not Voting
(5) - Dunnstral, Obvious Alt, Aj The Epic, Charloux, borkjerfkin

With
players eligible to vote, it’s
to lynch!

Day 1 will end in
(expired on 2017-01-26 06:01:00).

Mod Notes:

Charloux is V/LA until the 19th of January.
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:42 am

Post by Obvious Alt »

In post 18, Charloux wrote:I kinda like these double edged ideas, makes the game more fun. But what prevents us from fakeclaiming? And i really doubt more than half of us will agree to this. Should in that case just half of us claim?
This is not a real slip. "Us" is the collective player list.
In post 20, Charloux wrote:Also, how likely do you guys think there is a 3rd faction in this game?
This, however, is suspicious af. Too much experience on site to be derping about with some other site's meta, and being paranoid about third party is a classic indicator of scum.
In post 109, Shadow_step wrote:Will catchup at some point.

Meanwhile, hello Pie!
I hope we can solve this game together.
This smells stinky. Not sure why. Too earnest?

Pausing after the end of page 7, fatigue. At present, SRs on Charloux and Shadow. I'd have a TR on Bork, but respect for his experience makes me wary to the point of null so far. Syryana looks Town. Dunn strikes me as maybe Town.

Will resume after a nap. Holding off on a vote until I have finished reading.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:04 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Gonna wait till obvious alt catches up to focus on this any more.
beefycheese
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:35 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 308, borkjerfkin wrote:What are your reads now
What made you vote AJ?
Reads:

Town: Oxford, you
Leantown: Seiko, Dunnstral (this one is stagnating a little too but not as much as charleyhorse)
Was town or leantown but read is stagnating a lot: Charloux
No idea: S_S, Obvious Alt
!Town: Aj

Why vote AJ? A lot of it's gut. Some of it is that I feel he's said a fair number of words without actually saying anything. The whole PL thing was fluffy as fuck and basically led nowhere. The only thing of substance I see in his ISO is the Dunn thing but meh because he was in that game. I also still hate his and he hasn't actually mentioned TOB since. (Actually I lied he said something about them in but that means his whole schtick with them went nowhere so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:48 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

We're pretty aligned (I have Charloux more town)

In fact everyone has about the same reads with themselves plucked out of the list.
Not sure if I should be alarmed about that, but if I'm wrong one scum is probably getting away with buddying their partner

no one wants to lynch in (me, TOB, dunn)
next tier is around (char, seiko)
lynchables seem to be (you, S_S, AJ, OA)

You're interesting in that you're probably the one slot that actually has polarized opinions from people.
beefycheese
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:53 am

Post by Syryana »

What can I say, I'm a polarizing kind of guy

As for the same-y reads, I probably wouldn't get alarmed unless we end up mislynching today. Then shit gets real
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:05 am

Post by Obvious Alt »

Sitting down to dinner. I'll complete my readthrough after.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:27 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 314, borkjerfkin wrote:You're interesting in that you're probably the one slot that actually has polarized opinions from people.
I'd say SxN is a bit polarizing too. Like their post 184 felt stupid as hell for taking my post as an attack on Bork. Like 224 they come out and say "this is what town-aj would do" but neither one of them has played with me as town in over 2 years. Which is why that post just feels all around awful to me. And the icing to me is:
In post 227, Seiko x Naomi wrote:AJ also continues to focus almost entirely exclusively on his TOB read without paying much attention to anything else in the game (i.e. he hasn't given any stance on the wagon on me which has existed since pretty much the start of the game) - his posts across the last page now that he came back were basically him answering a direct question from S_S, and then talking about flavor and backing up the TOB read again.

also, I'm fine with S_S posts so far.

Which is just... bullshit.
Syryana wrote:
Why vote AJ? A lot of it's gut. Some of it is that I feel he's said a fair number of words without actually saying anything. The whole PL thing was fluffy as fuck and basically led nowhere. The only thing of substance I see in his ISO is the Dunn thing but meh because he was in that game. I also still hate his
and he hasn't actually mentioned TOB since.
(Actually I lied he said something about them in but that means his whole schtick with them went nowhere so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
So using Syrana's own post, I can claim it's bullshit. My reasoning for that was as stated in 231, I had nothing else to point out with them other than the posts I highlighted.

And the real fucking kicker is this: I HAVE 3 POSTS between SxN's address in 187 and Sxn's complaint in 227. One of which is a direct response to Notty, and the ONLY continuation of that conversation in any form. The three?
Spoiler:
In post 192, Aj The Epic wrote:I'm more or less asking what about their posts made you think TOB is town, since those posts gave me the opposite impression. And no, I'm not 'suspecting bork'.
In post 214, Aj The Epic wrote:
In post 212, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 143, Aj The Epic wrote:
Dunnstral wrote:Wouldn't mind lynching shadow-step at the moment
Why? You'd advocate a PL 2 days into d1?
This is the pathetic attempt to make something look worse than it actually is.

When Dunn replies to him he just avoids answering it which is even worse.
wrote:"In post 147, Dunnstral"]
In post 143, Aj The Epic wrote:
Dunnstral wrote:Wouldn't mind lynching shadow-step at the moment
Why? You'd advocate a PL 2 days into d1?
Never said anything about pl
How is it anything but a policy lynch? You had yet to post, which by definition makes it a PL. I wasn't going to argue it with Dunn because denial is a strong thing but that's nothing but a PL.
In post 218, Aj The Epic wrote:It could be a balance thing. I didn't get my first character choice though admittedly that character is insanely popular across two blizzard games. Would it be pertinent to check if it was a balance choice or already selected character via claiming the ungotten first character? Since I selected mine literally dead last, I could claim the one I didn't get and solve it right away.

Also I did like 45/48 because I consider progressing an RVS wagon a town thing to do. 57/Raven's next post was what I took issue to because I thought Syrana's post and vote on Dunnstral was pretty minor.

So I mean exhibit A of being really badly reaching when making a read.

Speaking of scum...
In post 311, Obvious Alt wrote:Pausing after the end of page 7, fatigue. At present, SRs on Charloux and Shadow. I'd have a TR on Bork, but respect for his experience makes me wary to the point of null so far. Syryana looks Town. Dunn strikes me as maybe Town.
Like I don't get these reads... specifically the bork one, which is basically an admission to have someone that should be townread thrown to face paranoia. You don't downgrade a lynch off of what seems to be baseless paranoia. Sryana being the strongest townread is really strange. S_S has made 3 posts (RVS vote, fluff, prod dodge) at this point. SxN isn't mentioned at all, one of the more active members (esp. considering he read Shadow who had 3 posts). Also Char's role claim is already out there so there could easily be scum motivation in lynching before we get the chance to test that.

VOTE: Obvious Alt
Last edited by Foxbird on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:30 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

@Mod plz fix the first spoiler tag.

I should mention the reason OA first is because SxN's interactions don't actually necessarily make sense with OA as a partner, but OA makes sense with Syrana and going after Charloux is BLATANTLY anti-town.

I guess the argument for SxN first would be Charloux's revive would be more impactful to the town thus far if SxN flips town but confidence says OA.

Done!
Last edited by Foxbird on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Post by Obvious Alt »

AJ, I don't follow your issues with me.

You don't like that I am resisting a TR on Bork. Everything he's doing and saying looks Townish, but experienced scum can fake that. Almost ridiculously easily, in fact. I'm just being wary of Bork, the same as I'd be wary of TRing a lot of older, more experienced players like Reck, Mastina, Nacho, Fate, Nero, or DGB to name a few. In other words, initial signs point to Town, but I'm still collecting data.

Also, Charloux as much as admitted the resurrecting thing was not a real claim. I'd have called him out for it if he hadn't, because that claim doesn't make any damn sense. There is very scarce pro-Town utility to a self-sacrificing resurrect, as it does not alter ratio balance, and the only resurrecting character from the source material, Auriel, does not self-sacrifice to resurrect.
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:44 pm

Post by Obvious Alt »

As for my reads, screw off. My reads are my own, you don't get to dictate what's good or bad about them. I've played with Syryana before, this looks like his Towngame. Same with Shadow, in reverse. I've played with both pie and NS before, but it's been a while, and I don't get a strong read off of them yet. They're playing things close to the chest. Post quantity =! quality, and it =! a read.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:13 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

"I don't get what you don't like about my reads"

next post

"Now fuck off about my reads"

Look, regardless of how good you think Bork is as scum, that's no justification to null out a town read. At page 7, I HIGHLY CONTEST that you have a meta scum read on shadow. I've heard that shadow lurks regardless of alignment. Go ahead and show me what in those first three posts gives you a scum read. I still don't think that you can get a read there and then avoid both SXN and TOB.
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

Hi friends.
notscience + pieguyn
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:40 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

In post 105, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 103, Seiko x Naomi wrote:it says he thinks town have reasons to lie in a mass flavorclaim, or any massclaim at all
zzzzzzz
I mean, I could just be *that* asshole and use this as a free pass to bullshit. It was something that should have been brought up.
In post 109, Shadow_step wrote:Will catchup at some point.

Meanwhile, hello Pie!
I hope we can solve this game together.
YOU STAY AWAY FROM HER SHES MINE
In post 115, The Oxford Bubbles wrote:I think what Bubbles meant to say is that you haven't shown clear town motivation.
I think Syryana action's have been safe and controlled. I don't think they look genuine.

~ Raven
man these obnoxious posting patterns are annoying af why would anyone ever do that
In post 125, Syryana wrote:
In post 103, Seiko x Naomi wrote:at best it says he thinks town have reasons to lie in a mass flavorclaim, or any massclaim at all and that needs to be addressed now rather than later. Town have no reason to lie. At all.
You and your partner have played far far far too many games for me to believe you actually mean this.

VOTE: Seiko x Naomi
Fight me. I'm not dealing with lying bullshit should it come time to massclaim. I clearly noted in that (or whatever fucking post it was) that I know there are reasons town lies. But why the fuck would town lie about flavor? I don't feel like playing this "what if" game because if it works out, great. If it doesn't, you fuck over the rest of the town. This is my first game back and I'm not trying to lose it because someone thinks its okay to lie.

I don't give a fuck if you hide your motives to reaction test or whatever the fuck it is, but it should be able to be explained at a later date and not be so goddamn questionable.
In post 132, Seiko x Naomi wrote:TOB's push on Syr is terrible
you're terrible

they're wrong

but you're terrible
In post 136, borkjerfkin wrote:FWIW I was hoping for more of an NS presence early game -- I find him easier to read than you (I don't feel that I've ever really had a game where I was super wrong about him)
insert work log here

I'm catching up at 4 am lol this is my life
In post 149, The Oxford Bubbles wrote:
VOTE: Aj

I agree with bork.

~ Raven
Thank you for this post it provided great insight into your sheeping vote of a player who didnt vote for said player.
In post 180, Syryana wrote:which consists of two players that I consider better mafia players than I am
I'm garbino lol

You aren't wrong on the rest of this post though.
In post 182, Seiko x Naomi wrote:I think TOB's is actually pretty town as far as their mindset goes, ftr, but I won't comment any further until Syr's done with his line of questioning.
:|
In post 198, The Oxford Bubbles wrote:AJ THE EPIC IS A MEANIE!!! OF COURSE WE SUPPORTED AN RVS WAGON IN RVS!!! HE'S JUST TRYING TA MAKE US LOOK BAD SO HE CAN MISLYNCH US!!!!!

- BUBBLES
You know, I originally thought you were dumb town

But now I'm not so convinced.

We have little miss priss over here speaking about how chaos is indicative of town and linearness is indicative of scum, then you just have these random fucking meltdowns and these votes using other peoples explanations which just so
conveniently
fits with what the other head is trying to mandate as town-indicative behavior.

That sounds like shit I'd do.
In post 206, Seiko x Naomi wrote:@S_S: I don't have a town read on Syr, but what do your reads outside of Syr look like?
shut up
In post 212, Shadow_step wrote:This is the pathetic attempt to make something look worse than it actually is.

When Dunn replies to him he just avoids answering it which is even worse.
On the one hand, I really like this because there's no reason he should be going after the person discrediting his wagon if he were scum. On the other hand, AJ seems like low-hanging fruit and a viable target for scum to push when they are coming into the game a few steps behind.

I think he's more likely town, but I blatantly disagree with his syryana push.
In post 266, borkjerfkin wrote:I also pointed out 143, which as I said earlier would make a scumflip from S_S more damning of AJ.
I've been thinking about it a lot.

It's such a BAD discredit.

If my scumbuddy EVER did something like that they would get bussed so fucking hard it would make their head spin

Is it bad? Yes

Does it tie them together? No. I think Shadow is town unless you think the post I quoted earlier was some strange distancing thing going on.

Unless you see like AJ/S_S being worried about you/me/syry linking up and plowing through the rest of the game so they needed an early bus to get shit solved, but I really doubt I'm that big of a concern. Maybe a bus could save them in a playlist where its more about who can be the most town but this playlist has a fair amount of sketchy slots so why the fuck worry about bussing when you could chase another one?

The tl;dr of this is I don't think one flip condemns the other. If any vote on this wagon is sketchy it's TOB. By far.

Also while im thinking about it (I need to reread bc I forgot who it was) someone brought up that it was scummy for someone to vote someone that isnt their highest priority scumread

The fuck its not

You vote to lynch scum, vanity wagons are bad. mmkay. (granted, I might have to start one sometime this game BUT STILL). I don't mind people saying x is their highest level scumread and settling for Y unless it persists for multiple days with no movement from them in an attempt to turn town's viewpoint.

Kay just read up on the thread and feel like I digested nothing.

I remember feeling like bork is town.

I'd let syry have my children.

I remember there was that guy who I called out for being a dumbsmurf that I think was just bad town

Then TOB has godawful trajectory and trying to shape their behaviours to fit the model of town that they imposed on us which noone seemed to have called out. at all.

There was shadow who called out someone discrediting a wagon on him which is moronic to say the least if he's scum so he's probably town

There was AJ who sounded awkward as shit but he always kinda sounds awkward as shit. I honestly need to review his ISO and talk to pie about this some because I'm not really confident in lynching him at all. I'd much rather be on a
vanity
TOB wagon.

Obvious Alt is sketchy as fuck. The read on Charloux in particular just bugs the hell out of me- On the one hand, they mention how this player has too much experience to be derping around then thinks they fall for one of the classic blunders? It's textbook negging and it's textbook SKETCH.

But one thing I will note is I feel like both anon alts are scum which probably means I'm wrong on one.

dunnstral apparently thinks we are scum because both pie and I have lives outside of this game and because I called out someone's poor theory? lol. I skimmed the ISO of the game AJ linked and
it looked familiar
I can kinda see the point he's making but his iso alone makes me feel so yucky.
In post 215, borkjerfkin wrote:Instead we got 91. Town makes 91.
Scum-me would claim an antitown role.

I don't like it at all. If even one of the three players in this anon hydra is remotely experienced enough they would have known to have claimed IMMEDIATELY in their first post. (That being said, dunnstrall is also guilty of this, but I still like AJ's meta standpoint) I don't necessarily buy their claim, to me it reminds me of Disney UPick where my other heads were posting and I found a bullshit way to push a D1 wagon and came in guns blazing and iirc I had some offhand reason /they/ didn't bring it up. So I suppose my real thing is here, I don't buy this. At all.
In post 313, Syryana wrote:Town: Oxford
If your reasons are separate from Borks please explain them for me.

Because I do not like that slot.

At all.
notscience + pieguyn
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:50 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

I'm sad the only time I'm available everyone else is asleep.
notscience + pieguyn

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”