Micro 127: Kill Everyone Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Micro 127: Kill Everyone Mafia (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:59 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Player list:

Venmar
Yodaloid
BBmolla
Blueberry
Xegarus
Seanald
Siveure DtTrikyp
Telo

Spoiler: Surviving players
Venmar,
Mafia Goon
Last edited by callforjudgement on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:59 am, edited 10 times in total.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:18 am

Rules

Fair play

You've probably seen all these rules before, except maybe 6 and 11.

1. All sitewide rules apply.
2. Play to win. It's more fun to win fairly than if your opponents throw the game, so don't ruin the game for the other players.
3. Don't quote things that aren't public knowledge, or make use of the exact wording of a private message or metadata like timestamps of private communication. (It's OK to paraphrase the meaning. Just not to use things like wording as evidence that you're not faking the communication.)
4. Don't use hidden or small text, cryptography, or provable randomness. (Breadcrumbs are OK.)
5. Until this game is over, don't discuss it anywhere but this thread, or other locations I specifically allow you to discuss it in. If I send you a link to a place where you can discuss the game privately, keep that link secret until the game is over. (And if someone tries to contact you about this game and they shouldn't be doing so, let me or a list mod know immediately.)
6. Don't use out-of-game information as a method of writing a message that will only be understood by specific players. It's tantamount to private communication.
7. Dead players shouldn't post (not here, nor in places their role PM allows them to, nor in unrelated areas). I will create a QuickTopic that dead players can use to discuss the game if they wish, and give the link to players when they die. Nonplayers and replaced players can also request access to this topic, if they want to watch.
8. Don't pretend to break a rule, even if you aren't actually breaking another rule. (For instance, you can't post the timestamp of your role PM publicly, so don't post a fake timestamp for your role PM either.)
9. Please try to stay civil. It's not fun having a game thread full of insults and personal attacks.
10. Don't try to gain an advantage from rulebreaking, either yours or another player's. (This doesn't mean you shouldn't report it if you see it happens; just don't try to use it as a weapon.) If players break rules, I will try to resolve the situation in a way that preserves the balance of the game. (This means that if you're trying to use a breaking strategy that depends on deliberately getting modkilled, don't expect it to work.)
11. Don't pretend to take day actions you can't actually take. That is, don't vote unless you can vote, don't attempt to daykill someone unless your role actually allows you to daykill someone, etc.. Likewise, do not make it ambiguous whether something is a vote or not.
12. Alts and hydras: please post from the correct account. If you accidentally post from the wrong account, please repeat the post from the correct account.

Administrative

13. Day deadlines will be two weeks long. Night deadlines will be 72 hours long. I will let you know the deadlines in each vote count.
14. If players need to be replaced, deadlines will be extended accordingly; days will not end due to deadlines within 72 hours of a player replacing in, nor nights within 24 hours of a player replacing in. In order to gain more certainty about deadlines, and avoid games being decided by out-of-game factors, if a player becomes in need of replacement within the last 36 hours of a day, I will not replace the slot until the next day.
15. If you find you don't have enough time to play the game, let me know and I'll try to find a replacement. (But that makes the game worse for everyone, so try to avoid doing that unless the alternatives would be even worse.)
16. If you want to replace into this game, let me know by PM. In an ideal world, nobody would ever replace out and your request would be pointless, but in practice it's pretty rare for that to actually happen. I'll let you know when a slot becomes free.
17. You should aim to post most days, and definitely at least once every 48 hours. I will initially search for replacements for people after they haven't posted for 72 hours and send them reminders of this rule after approximately 48; however, once a player has been sent a reminder, these timeouts reduce to 48 and 24 hours respectively for that player slot for the rest of the game day. During night phases, there is no requirement to post, even if you have the ability.
18. If you know in advance that you won't be able to play temporarily, or on a regular schedule (such as having no access at weekends), declare your vacation or limited access in thread ("V/LA"). Players are exempt from activity deadlines while V/LA, but if a player has a long declared inactivity period, I may need to replace them anyway.
19. If you see a discrepancy between the number of votes on a player and the number of players voting for that player without an obvious sign that it's deliberate, it's an accident; please let me know so that I can fix the vote count.
20. Your role PM requires you to confirm that you're willing to play when the game starts. The game will start when 80% or more of the player list (for a 7 player game, that's 6 players) have confirmed.
21. If a power role is compulsive and yet does not submit an action, I will select a random target for them randomized from all legal targets, regardless of whether they make sense or not. Please try to be on time with your night actions! (As an open setup, you know there are no compulsive power roles, so this rule is a little redundant.)
22. Should something go wrong, please contact me or a list mod.

Setup

23. This game will start with a day phase, then alternate between night and day phases until the game ends.
24. During day phases, each player can vote to lynch themself or another player, or to no-lynch. You can change or retract your vote as often as you like, but can only have one vote out at a time. Votes will be reset at the start of each day. Players cannot vote during night phases.
25. I don't require players to unvote; voting will implicitly remove any previous vote you might have. However, consider explicitly unvoting anyway as a courtesy to the other players.
26. To vote, I recommend using the [vo​te][/vote] tags, which look like this:VOTE: callforjudgement. (There is a similar tag for unvoting.) I will accept anything that I notice that's clearly a vote, though. (If you're going to boldvote, please make life easier for people by putting it on a line of its own.) A vote cannot be clear unless it at least contains the word "vote" somewhere and uses a vote tag or bold font, but these alone are not sufficient. Do not try to abuse ambiguous votes.
27. Day will end when a majority of players (that is, more than half) are voting for the same person. That player will be lynched and removed from the game, no longer counting as alive. Then a night phase will start.
28. Day will also end at deadline, or if half or more of the players are voting for No Lynch. In these circumstances, nobody will be lynched, but a night phase will start anyway.
29. This game uses the Open Night rule. As such, anyone can talk in the thread during night (although they cannot vote, and as such there will not be vote counts). You should also submit your night action to me overnight, via PM, or (in the case of anti-town players with a QuickTopic) via QuickTopic. Night phases end at deadline, or if every living player contacts me to let me know they're willing to end night early.
30. This is a game of Kill Everyone Mafia, with the following open setup:
  • There are three Mafia Goons, who have role PMs that look something like this:
    Welcome,
    callforjudgement
    . You are a Mafia Goon, together with
    callforjudgement
    and
    callforjudgement

During the day, you may discuss the game with the other players in the game thread, and vote.

During the night, you may continue to discuss the game in the game thread, but cannot vote. Additionally, each night, your faction may collectively choose to kill one other player (that is, the Mafia get one kill between them). This kill is not compulsive, and you can choose not to fire if you prefer. This kill can also be aimed at Mafia members, if you wish.

At any time, you can also talk to the other Mafia here.

You win when all town-aligned players are dead, or if nothing can prevent this, regardless of who else is alive. Note that merely equalling the town's numbers is not usually enough to win in this setup.

Confirm by PMing a summary of your role to callforjudgement.

• There are four Town Vigilantes, who have role PMs that look something like this.
    Welcome,
    callforjudgement
    . You are a
    Town Vigilante

During the day, you may discuss the game with the other players in the game thread, and vote.

During the night, you may continue to discuss the game in the game thread, but cannot vote. Additionally, each night, you may choose to kill one other player. This kill is not compulsive, and you can choose not to fire if you prefer.

You are aligned with the town. You win when all living players are aligned with the town, and at least one town-aligned player survives, even if you are dead yourself.

Confirm by PMing a summary of your role to callforjudgement.

• Note the win conditions. In particular, the simultaneous death of everyone is a Mafia win, and Mafia do not automatically win upon equalling the town's numbers.

31. Action resolution for this game: if you're shot, you die. Regardless of whether anyone tried to kill your killer, or anything like that. All kills are resolved simultaneously, regardless of when they're submitted or who performed them. (And all roles are killing roles.)
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:14 am

It was a familiar pattern. Town after town had been infiltrated by the Mafia. And the pattern was (almost) always the same; a large number of deaths, with the Mafia taking over a little more than half the time, and the town succeeding at repelling them the other half, but at terrible cost. Lynching your own friends by mistake is always a terrible feeling, but at least it gives you the chance of survival. Waiting for all of them to die in the night just leaves you in a spiral of helpless futility. More recently, the Mafia had even begun taking on the tiniest of villages; admittedly the statistics for that weren't in yet, but the same pattern seemed likely.

And so, nobody should have been surprised when the towns started fighting back. The experiment known as "Texas Justice" had seen great successes; take a bunch of people, give them all a gun, let them shoot each other in a circle. After the dust cleared, all the Mafia among them would likely be dead, due to the time-honoured Mafia tradition that only one of them could shoot a bullet in any given night. Sure, most of the town would die too, and the losses would be just as horrific, but at least this time you were taking control of your own destiny.

Given the "success" of this approach, you might have expected it to be tried more often, but people generally refrained from using it on the basis that it wasn't, widely, considered to be any fun, with the optimal strategy so widely known. The groundsmen who maintained Central Park thought up other ideas for invading Mafia cells who weren't so accommodating with their night-time behaviour, but the idea mostly languished in the minds of frustrated townies everywhere, reluctant to propose a strategy of indiscriminately killing everyone for fear of being thought mad (or worse, anti-town).

Eventually, the villagers had to give in and try again. The thought of storming a Mafia base was just too irresistable, or so you'd have thought. The townies made sure their guns were extra full of bullets – you know, just in case. But when they arrived, they found that most of the town had (perhaps wisely) decide to stay out of it; only four townies were there, and they didn't even recognise each other.

Still, they'd come too far to turn back now. It looked like that they'd have to root out the Mafia the good old-fashioned way. (Even if they had more options open for actually eliminating them than usual.) It was time.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:10 am

Vote Count
  • Not voting:
    Venmar Yodaloid Blueberry Xegarus Seanald Siveure DtTrikyp Telo

Deadline is Mon Feb 18 at 13:08 UTC (
automatic countdown: (expired on 2013-02-18 13:08:00)
)
With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch.
scum
town
Xegarus
Xegarus
Mafia Scum
Xegarus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:46 am

Post by Xegarus »

VOTE: Seanald
Has not confirmed.
:D
Yodaloid
Yodaloid
Townie
Yodaloid
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:15 am

Post by Yodaloid »

Hello everybody. We gun' kill someone?
Yodaloid
Yodaloid
Townie
Yodaloid
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:17 am

Post by Yodaloid »

VOTE: Seanald for not confirming
Blueberry
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:21 am

Post by Blueberry »

VOTE: Xegarus

You think so old-fashioned. Obvious scum.
Xegarus
Xegarus
Mafia Scum
Xegarus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:30 am

Post by Xegarus »

In post 7, Blueberry wrote:VOTE: Xegarus

You think so old-fashioned. Obvious scum.

What about yoda?
Blueberry
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:41 am

Post by Blueberry »

Nah, I like Yoda.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:52 am

Post by Venmar »

Vote: Blueberry
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Yodaloid
Yodaloid
Townie
Yodaloid
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:36 am

Post by Yodaloid »

Awe, I like you too Blueberry. <3
Xegarus
Xegarus
Mafia Scum
Xegarus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:24 am

Post by Xegarus »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Blueberry
Buddying

In post 10, Venmar wrote:
Vote: Blueberry

Care to explain?
Xegarus
Xegarus
Mafia Scum
Xegarus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:25 am

Post by Xegarus »

Also yoda, do you think you could get a avatar?
It would be much easier to give the post a face.
Blueberry
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:34 am

Post by Blueberry »

Buddying

Please tell me more about how buddying is a super valid scumtell that helped you establish me as scum.
Xegarus
Xegarus
Mafia Scum
Xegarus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:47 am

Post by Xegarus »

In post 14, Blueberry wrote:
Buddying

Please tell me more about how buddying is a super valid scumtell that helped you establish me as scum.

Didnt say you were scum, just found it odd.
I vote and give a reason.
Yoda votes and gives exact same reason after me.
You vote me but not the one jumps aboard.
I find that odd.
Call it a gut feeling but somehow i think there is something behind
In post 9, Blueberry wrote:Nah, I like Yoda.
Yodaloid
Yodaloid
Townie
Yodaloid
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:55 am

Post by Yodaloid »

Eh, the only "buddying" going on between blackberry and I is the sex. And yeah, sorry. I'll get an avatar later tonight when I get home.
Blueberry
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:07 am

Post by Blueberry »

In post 15, Xegarus wrote:
Buddying

I find that odd.

Oh of course you're going to find it "odd" if you take something not ment to be taken seriously seriously. Though, if your thought process doesn't go "odd = scummy", then I'd question the whole point of your actions.
Blueberry
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:11 am

Post by Blueberry »

In post 16, Yodaloid wrote:Eh, the only "buddying" going on between blackberry and I is the sex. And yeah, sorry. I'll get an avatar later tonight when I get home.

In post 16, Yodaloid wrote:Eh, the only "buddying" going on between blackberry and I is the sex.

In post 16, Yodaloid wrote:blackberry and I

In post 16, Yodaloid wrote:blackberry

MY WHOLE LIFE HAS BEEN A LIE
(read the sig)
Xegarus
Xegarus
Mafia Scum
Xegarus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:16 am

Post by Xegarus »

In post 16, Yodaloid wrote:Eh, the only "buddying" going on between blackberry and I is the sex. And yeah, sorry. I'll get an avatar later tonight when I get home.

Joking about it just makes it look worse to me. Like when you hit the nail on the head and they brush it off as a joke.
In post 17, Blueberry wrote:
In post 15, Xegarus wrote:
Buddying

I find that odd.

Oh of course you're going to find it "odd" if you take something not ment to be taken seriously seriously. Though, if your thought process doesn't go "odd = scummy", then I'd question the whole point of your actions.

Odd does not = scum to me. But there are more reasons to vote than to get a lynch.
Blueberry
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:19 am

Post by Blueberry »

Joking about it just makes it look worse to me. Like when you hit the nail on the head and they brush it off as a joke.

The situation is more like: The nail makes a joke, you aim at its head, the nail jokes again.
Yodaloid
Yodaloid
Townie
Yodaloid
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:31 am

Post by Yodaloid »

Hahaha, I'm sorry for the name botch...over and over again Blueberry. xD
Yodaloid
Yodaloid
Townie
Yodaloid
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:45 am

Post by Yodaloid »

UNVOTE
Seems eager to draw attention to others.
Xegarus
Xegarus
Mafia Scum
Xegarus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:09 am

Post by Xegarus »

In post 22, Yodaloid wrote:UNVOTE

Do you understand how to catch scum?
You draw attention to the things that you believe are anti town at the very least.
So yes, i am drawing attention to others.
Blueberry
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Blueberry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:16 am

Post by Blueberry »

In post 23, Xegarus wrote:
In post 22, Yodaloid wrote:UNVOTE

Do you understand how to catch scum?
You draw attention to the things that you believe are anti town at the very least.
So yes, i am drawing attention to others.

Do you understand that scumminess and antitowniness are two completely different things?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”