Micro 487 -- Long Lost Friends (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:51 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

No. Klick just admitted to it.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

Thank you all for playing, and RedCoyote for modding.

For good scum, you can't really build up a serious case.

But, but, but ... I still don't want to believe that you read Juls as town, Klick. Well, so it goes.
As you said, -hugs- was very good, and I decided to with that, and so you could not sway me.

Point duly taken about not ending days too early. My Mentor lynch was awful, and my Sala vote not much better.

Thanks again.
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Klick,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched on Day 4.

Final Day 4 Vote Count

• Klick (3)
    (pistachi0n - Bulbazoor - Billi bilaði)

pistachi0n
    (1) (Klick)

Not Voting
    (0) (
    Bulbazoor
    -
    Billi bilaði
    )

With four alive, it takes three to lynch.

With three votes, that's a lynch and an end to Day 4.

A win condition has been met.

TOWN WINS!
-hugs-
-hugs-
Townie
-hugs-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by -hugs- »

Those day 2 and day 3 lynches were kinda :? but yay town win! Good game, all
*hugs*
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:03 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 359, Salamence20 wrote:Klick.

Suicide pact?

In post 360, Klick wrote:Sounds good to me.

In post 361, Salamence20 wrote:VOTE: Sala

No way!
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

Klick if we were mafia together, we would destroy
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

Is there a dead thread?
-hugs-
-hugs-
Townie
-hugs-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:07 pm

Post by -hugs- »

In post 631, pistachi0n wrote:Is there a dead thread?
There is and we spammed the heck out of it
*hugs*
-hugs-
-hugs-
Townie
-hugs-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:08 pm

Post by -hugs- »

In post 632, -hugs- wrote:
In post 631, pistachi0n wrote:Is there a dead thread?
There is and we spammed the heck out of it
^Okay this is a lie there are a total of 6 posts in it that weren't made by RedCoyote but to be fair we didn't find out it existed until very recently...
*hugs*
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:09 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Town MVP is easily Billi bilaði. I didn't follow this game as closely as I should've, but it was clear that this guy has a keen sense of smell when it comes to sniffing out scum. Bill's D1 analysis was something special, and I hope he takes the time to elaborate on that a little bit more for us. Juls was taken out without much fuss, it seemed.

I can't really give out a scum MVP because the two scum were effectively SKs in this game. Klick obviously was doing very well at grooming the town, however. Without Bill, I think he could very well have succeeded.

Many thanks to Bulb for replacing in! I hope you enjoyed the game and congrats for getting the winning hammer. :]

I hope you all had fun with this. I like the concept, but I'm not sure how balanced it is still. I'd like to see it played again with the scum players surviving D1.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:21 pm

Post by Billi bilaði »

I decided to "sheep -hugs-" on the last day, so MVP can go there. My Mentor hammer was so stupid.

What elaboration are you looking for with the D1 analysis?
-hugs-
-hugs-
Townie
-hugs-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by -hugs- »

I think that scum in this setup will never use their shots looking for each other and instead try to rely on their scumhunting and subtle influence over the lynch in order to play as if they're a scumteam with 2 NKs and no out-of-thread communication. It's an interesting mechanic that rewards scum for having a more complete skillset (ability to play both alignments), but that might also cause them to play a bit like serial killers - laying low and not trying to be too strongly town in order to avoid friendly fire. Of course, in this game, scum never had a chance to shoot at each other and all of that was irrelevant. Balance is hard to judge without taking the time to play out some scenarios because this setup is VERY swingy. When mafia doesn't get lynched day 1, you have 2 scum nightkills flying around in a 9 player game (yikes!) with the balancing factor being that they could potentially crosskill. I don't think that's really an ideal situation - a town that mislynches day 1 might very well find itself in lylo day 2 (though that would require some bad luck or some bad town play). Meeeeh. Not really a fan of the way the setup plays out tbh. Town win % would have been higher if town had waited until day 3 for bp claims in the actual game. The way the game played out, town was in really good shape despite "only" having in theory a 60% win chance day 2 after a mafia lynch day 1. Town had an extra advantage similar to the one it has in nightless - mafia had to use their shots in order to kill one of the bulletproof players, which meant that they couldn't eliminate the most town players from the lynch pool. Town somehow managed to eliminate their most obviously town players via the lynch anyway, but hey, whatever works :P The game was probably not too far from balanced in practice, I guess? I'm not sure. Really hard to wrap my head around what happens when town doesn't lynch mafia early and you have kills flying around everywhere.

Thanks for modding, RC.
*hugs*
-hugs-
-hugs-
Townie
-hugs-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:34 pm

Post by -hugs- »

In post 636, Billi bilaði wrote:I decided to "sheep -hugs-" on the last day, so MVP can go there.
Don't sell yourself short! I was only around for one game day lol. You were around to help get the game through the final three.
*hugs*
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by Juls »

I broke the game. Sorry Klick. Scum fatigue after drawing scum 3 times in a row. Vacation and summer craziness didn't help. I will shoulder the loss. I thought Hugs was my buddy at first then when he started arguing with me I thought he was town. I had planned on shooting mentor in the night. I thought he would never get lynched. Tells you how out of touch I was with the game.

Sorry again RC and Klick.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:54 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I still do not get how I managed to comftown myself.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:00 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

If you were scum, your opportunity to hammer Klick the first time would have meant you won the game.
(You would then have night killed pist and be alive with only me on day 5: And 1 scum aginst 1 town is win for scum.)
So, you didn't hammer, you could not have been scum.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 636, Billi bilaði wrote:IWhat elaboration are you looking for with the D1 analysis?

Well, you made spreadsheets of the votes and were able to parse that somehow into a serious scumread on Juls. Klick and I agreed that Juls wasn't playing particularly scummy this game. I mean, I'm bias and I have no way of knowing what I would have thought had I not known her alignment, but it was impressive nonetheless.

In post 637, -hugs- wrote:I think that scum in this setup will never use their shots looking for each other and instead try to rely on their scumhunting and subtle influence over the lynch in order to play as if they're a scumteam with 2 NKs and no out-of-thread communication. It's an interesting mechanic that rewards scum for having a more complete skillset (ability to play both alignments), but that might also cause them to play a bit like serial killers - laying low and not trying to be too strongly town in order to avoid friendly fire. Of course, in this game, scum never had a chance to shoot at each other and all of that was irrelevant. Balance is hard to judge without taking the time to play out some scenarios because this setup is VERY swingy. When mafia doesn't get lynched day 1, you have 2 scum nightkills flying around in a 9 player game (yikes!) with the balancing factor being that they could potentially crosskill. I don't think that's really an ideal situation - a town that mislynches day 1 might very well find itself in lylo day 2 (though that would require some bad luck or some bad town play). Meeeeh. Not really a fan of the way the setup plays out tbh. Town win % would have been higher if town had waited until day 3 for bp claims in the actual game. The way the game played out, town was in really good shape despite "only" having in theory a 60% win chance day 2 after a mafia lynch day 1. Town had an extra advantage similar to the one it has in nightless - mafia had to use their shots in order to kill one of the bulletproof players, which meant that they couldn't eliminate the most town players from the lynch pool. Town somehow managed to eliminate their most obviously town players via the lynch anyway, but hey, whatever works :P The game was probably not too far from balanced in practice, I guess? I'm not sure. Really hard to wrap my head around what happens when town doesn't lynch mafia early and you have kills flying around everywhere.

Thanks for modding, RC.

I appreciate the feedback! Yeah, there is a lot of swing here. I do like the concept of multiball that can be made into a single scumteam. I love simple risk/reward mechanics that can bring an extra wrinkle into traditional strategy. I don't know if I'd run this one again, but I will keep it in mind in the future.

In post 639, Juls wrote:I broke the game. Sorry Klick. Scum fatigue after drawing scum 3 times in a row. Vacation and summer craziness didn't help. I will shoulder the loss. I thought Hugs was my buddy at first then when he started arguing with me I thought he was town. I had planned on shooting mentor in the night. I thought he would never get lynched. Tells you how out of touch I was with the game.

Sorry again RC and Klick.

Don't apologize! I was just messing with you. That happens to the best of us.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by Marquis »

link in bio

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”