Micro 524: Dwarf Fortress Mafia: Chapter I [/FIN]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Micro 524: Dwarf Fortress Mafia: Chapter I [/FIN]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:45 pm

Post by pisskop »

Welcome to
DWARF FORTRESS MAFIA:
Chapter I: Embark

In the year 1000 the world was a depopulated ruin. In this Age of Decline the total population of the fully sentient races numbers just over 1000, only 47 of which still claim heritage to any of the long-dead civilizations. Human and goblin tribes, little more than the remmnants of bandit-clans, dot the land, living in prepetual fear of the wrath of the Living Gods; A Roc, Hydra, and Colossus. Werebeasts run rampant, surpassing even the killing potential of these larger beasts. Necromancers play a groutesque game of war from their perches in the southern half of the continent. The civilized dwarves and their human allies huddle in the most tropical regions of the land, waiting in fear.

Confined to 1 surviving hillocks, the dwarves form the heart of the surviving confederation. Having been reduced by war and Gods respectively, the humans and dwarves survive on a meager subsistance, taking frequent attacks at the hands of the ravenous lycanthropes. A small groups of dwarves, namely 7 of you, have stricken out to claim a new land; the first new settlement in almost 800 years!

Spoiler: Worldbuilding
The world is a stagnanting pile of rot in the year 1000.

Humans -The humans fought several early wars against the merlocks and goblins, erradicating the former by the year 200. In rapid succession after this, the humans lost most of their war gains to the savage wilds. Werebeast and megabeasts alike ravaged site after site, reducing the human empire to its current state; 2 hamlets and 2 cursed tombs. They are ruled over by an oppressive reptile man vampire who presumably keeps himself fed with his people.

Merlocks -Having been the target of the humans, these hairless baddies were wiped out first, in the year 125. The surviving merlocks of the world are now either bandits or werebeasts. The single entity in the world with the highest kill count is a merlock who was born in 556, a merlock to the goblin civilization who was infected with lycanthropy and has killed 300 noteable people since his transformation.

Dwarves -The dwarves of this world were entirely warless, instead losing their holdings to the various beasts of the world. Hydra, Roc, and forgotten beast fell upon their sites, stripping them of all but their 1 hillock which harbors more trolls than dwarves. 25 dwarves remain in the dwarven civ; out of 32 total. These dwarves have been ruled over by a goblin lord since the year 322.

Goblins -Despite ultimately losing the series of wars with the humans the goblins are still alive, and ther civilization boosts the most populated center, with 140ish goblins in 2 sites. The goblins continued their treachorous ways, they only abandoned their own tomb-sites and began killing each other in squabbles. With the dwarves near-dead, the goblins alone can access the caverns under the world, and thus are granted a near-impervious defense to invasion. They seem to average 1 ruler every 5 years since their demon-overlord died in combat with the resident Roc.

Kobolds -10 koblolds still live somewhere, dreaming of the day they can steal your trousers.

Elves -Goblins BTA on them and now only 4 remain; necromancers in the dwarven-made tower of Cleanmined. They are part of a band of 13 necromancers who share 100 zombies.

How tragic to live in a dying world where bandit populations (~800) outnumber civilized ones (~200), and where a werebeast born in 566 outnumbers the megabeasts in kills.

Playerlist
  1. Peptobislawl
    Edosurist

2. Firebringer
  3. ajwf
    FA_Q2

4. davesaz
    KaiserB

5. Soren
  6. temphdq
  7. aptil
  8. conmanmick
  9. Bearbert D
    bobroham

Spoiler: Dead
  1. temphdq,
    Expedition Leader
    , was lynched D1
  2. ajwf,
    A Stray War Horse
    , Died N1
  3. Conmanmick,
    Dodek the Stonemason

Spoiler: Links
Last edited by pisskop on Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:36 am, edited 20 times in total.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:46 pm

Post by pisskop »

Rules:

1) All site rules apply.
2) If a game is in progress, don't mention it!
3) Play to win.
4) Enjoy yourself; others may follow your example.
5) All text must be readily readable, in legible script, and fully visible. No encrypted or otherwise coded text.
6) I have the final say in all matters. Questions may be PMed to me or bolded @me in-thread.
7) Do not quote any PM sent by me to you that regards this game. Paraphrasing is fine.
8) Do not discuss this game anywhere else, unless specifically cleared by me.
9) Prods will be issued at 48 hours of inactivity in the thread. Prods not responded to within 24 hours and players with more than 2 prods will be replaced at my discretion.
10)
Bolded Blue
is my color as moderator. Do not us it!
11) Vote by using either the 'bold' or 'vote' tags. Abbreviated names can be used. Votes should be on their own line, seperated from other text.
If I think its a vote for a player then its a vote; if I do not then it is not! Please be clear!

12) A lynch will occur as soon as a player receives sufficient votes. Players may talk until the thread closes.
13) Days will last 7 days and nights 2 days.
14) All actions must be submitted at least 1 hour before the deadline of the phase. Any actions submitted after will not be accepted.
15) I offer 'Accelerated Nights' if a simple majority of the players as well as every player capable of acting or talking at night PMs me and asks for it.
16) Please spoiler large(r) images and keep in mind that mobile and low speed users will have difficulty accessing the game if it gets spammed with large images and youtube videos.

Spoiler: Sample PM
You are
a wild armadillo boar.

You are just a simple wild critter who would refer to himself as TRANS_NAME if you could talk. When threatened you tend to roll up into a ball and pretend that sharp metals don't exist. Other than that I hear you live a fairly peaceful and slow paced life.

You have no special powers. I hope you leave my map before I get bored and decide you provide good experience to my fledgling militia.

You will win when all entities hostile to the outpost are dead.
Confirm in-thread by choosing an embark site from the OP. Blood for the blood God.
Last edited by pisskop on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:48 pm

Post by pisskop »

Embark choices: Please confirm by picking choice 1, 2, or 3.
I already picked 3.
Day 01 will begin when 6 of 9 confirm in-thread or Monday Morning arrives for me, whichever comes first. Any votes made before the day starts will not count, however any made before my first votecount but after the start will.

-A savage 'jungle just north of the southern shore. Hot, potentially next to a brook, and I could have a beach (but not the ocean proper) if I choose. The site is by the old elven lands, and there are also towers nearby.
Spoiler: 1

-Embarking here would allow for much quick Fun.

-A shrine with a living hill titan on it, in a scorching biome on the ocean. Savage. Note how there is a sack of minted coins, 1000, by the titan on Granite 1st, 1000.
Spoiler: 2

-The titan himself has just under 200 kills.

-A quiet and clam hill-zone, with a relatively flat embark area and metal simply streaming out of the ground. Its a good day when you have not even crafted a pcik and you can find hematite! Hematite being iron; the backbone for steel and the dwarven military.
Spoiler: 3
Last edited by pisskop on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:11 am

Post by pisskop »

Confirmation Stage begins now

KaiserB
KaiserB
Goon
KaiserB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:21 am

Post by KaiserB »

/confirm
No. 3 sounds good, the others sound a bit too fun
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:23 am

Post by Soren »

/confirm

Don't know what we're choosing these options for but I'll just go with 2.
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:24 am

Post by ConManMick »

/confirm
I have no idea what impact any of this will have. Let's go with No.1 because why not?
"As everyone knows there is a special guardian angel for drunkards and lovers"
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:25 am

Post by aptil »

/confirm selecting site number 1 .
temphdq
temphdq
Goon
temphdq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:55 am

Post by temphdq »

/confirm

I choose 2
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:21 am

Post by Firebringer »

/confirm number one cause I am number one.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:36 am

Post by pisskop »

Closing the hatch to the tiny basement shack, PK sighed softly to himself

It was always so bloody hot down here! An' muggy, what with all the beards cramped into this amaturely dug out hideout. Still, better this than the punishment for treason.

'What're we gonna do if they come after us?'

'Well they aren't. We leave just before sunup'

'And all the supplies are ready, right? I'm not going if we're just going to die of thirst halfway there.'

'Shut up with your dour outlook! We all agreed that we can't live like peasants forever. This world is far larger than the hillocks, and I hear that the old dwarves used to live like kings, digging out gold and gems and smiting the mightiest of beasts with their steel hammers!'

'I'm just getting sweaty palms thinking about it. I'm anxious, that's all.'

The conversation continued; eventually it passed onto more prudent topics, such as defense, supplies, and possible dangers on the road. Everybody knew that the mighty creatures of the world would be unlikely to bother such a small group; even the cyclops and roaming Tyrannus would be unlikely to trouble themselves with such a meek challenge. And at night they only had to worry about the deformed night horrors, since bogeymen didn't trouble travelers in groups. But the bandits and werebeasts were more than enough to overwhelm the underequipped and overstressed group.
still, without risk there can come no reward . . .

The next morning PK was up so early he decided he had time to check the supplies one last time.
To their name they had: an avil, 80 units of dwarven ale, 20 plump helmet spawn [seeds], 10 bars of bronze, a bolt of silk cloth, some coal, and a few spare boulders. He also lookeed in on their Yak wagon pullers and their animals.
Yup, all present. They would be relying upon some of the animals to help defend them should trouble arise . . .

Day 01 Starts Now!!
Last edited by pisskop on Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:41 am

Post by pisskop »

Votecount 1.00

-In dwarf fortress dwarves need regular access to alcohol or else they sober up and slow down. Everything they do will take longer, and their combat effectiveness will decrease dramatically. In addition, without alcohol dwarves will need to drink water, which needs to be clean,
or they will die of thirst. Any injured dwarf in the hospital will only be given water, and will require water to be bathed and cleaned in.

Not Voting:
Edosurist, Firebringer, FA_Q2, KaiserB, Soren, temphdq, aptil, conmanmick, bobroham

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline is 12SEP15, (expired on 2015-09-12 13:00:00)
Last edited by pisskop on Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:42 am

Post by Firebringer »

VOTE: KaiserB
He knows why!
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:54 am

Post by Soren »

wagons are nice
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:54 am

Post by ConManMick »

wagon wagon wagon
"As everyone knows there is a special guardian angel for drunkards and lovers"
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
temphdq
temphdq
Goon
temphdq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:26 am

Post by temphdq »

I will not put him to L-1 ;)

VOTE: aptil
KaiserB
KaiserB
Goon
KaiserB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:31 am

Post by KaiserB »

Out of curiosity, how many people here actually play dwarf fortress?
VOTE: ConMan I'm just omgusing
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:20 am

Post by Edosurist »

/confirm 1

You may not, temp, but I will.
I think we've already established that KaiserB is the elf around here.

Btw I definitely don't play DF.
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:30 am

Post by Edosurist »

Btw that was L-1.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:35 am

Post by Edosurist »

Can we make votes using !! instead of vote tags?
!!KaiserB!!
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:48 am

Post by pisskop »

Sure. Im not using a voting program.

For those not in the know, The double exclaimation marks on either side of a noun indicates that the object is currently on
fire
. Fire will mechanically create many small cuts that cause the fat to ooze out and the blood to flow. It only affects the shallow layers of the flesh, so creatures larger than a horse or so will not die from fire alone, but dwarves will die if more than 40% or so of their body is hot enough to melt. Just too much bloodloss, yo.
Last edited by pisskop on Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:07 am

Post by aptil »

VOTE: Conman saying wagon 3 times is always scummy .
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:15 am

Post by pisskop »

The journey was arduous and unremarkable. None of the romantic ideas embraced by the dwarves pre-trip were realized. Instead of bandits the expedition was besieged by mosquitoes. Where Ngiht Horrors were expected, drizzle was instead found. Imagine camping with 4 hungrey critters and having to guard a wagon all night. Only for 2 weeks straight.

After such a tedious journey the dwarves finally arrived on-site. The had planned for over a year for this; the land in front of them was temperate and open before them. The intel they paid for declared this area to be lush, calm, and fertile. Beneath the surface there was supposed to be no aquifer but plenty of iron; so much that it literally poured forth from the rond in rust-red spires! Glory-be.

The dwarves take a second to examine themselves and their present situation. They were all present, and their skillsets are thus:
Spoiler: Character-Related
Character skills are not indicative of Alignment nor guarenteed to be tied to Role. If you would like an explaination of the skills PM me or ask in-thread.

-Axedwarf (3), Armor User (3), Wood Cutter (1), Leader (3)
-Carpenter (1), Mason (3), Stone Crafter (2), Building Designer (2)
-Hammerdwarf (1), Marksdwarf (3), Dodger (2), Butcher (1), Tanner (1), Ambusher (2)
-Furnance Operater (1), Weaponsmith (1), Armorsmith (5), Metal Crafter (2), Building Designer (1)
-Butcher (2), Tanner (1), Cook (2), Grower (5)
-Miner (2), Organizer (2), Bookkeeper (3)
-Diagnostician (2), Apraiser (2), Negotiator (2), Judge of Intent (2), Pacifier (2)

The dwarves pasture the animals and begin to set up shop.
-A refuse area was laid out. A food area was laid out. A furniture area was laid out. A wood area was laid out.
-The crafter's shops were temperarily erected.
-A pick was forged as basic plans for temporary shelter was designed.
-A butcher and tanner's shop was created just in case food was imminently required. A loom and clothier's shop was built just in case rope was required. A wood burner's shop was created just in case more coal was required.

As the dwarves began it work it began to rain; first in a drizzle, then a moderate pour, then in deluge of sound. An omen or sign of coming fertility?

Votecount 1.01

-

KaiserB
- (4) Firebringer, Soren, ConmanMick, Edosurist
aptil
- (1) temphdq
ConmanMick
- (2) KaiserB, aptil

Not Voting:
FA_Q2, bobroham

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline is 12SEP15, (expired on 2015-09-12 13:00:00)
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:17 am

Post by Edosurist »

@aptil
Why don't you even mention the fact that we already got Kaiser at L-1? Afraid to get involved?

And for the record, I'm going to say it's a safe assumption that the setup is 7 dwarfs and 2 goblins.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

KaiserB
KaiserB
Goon
KaiserB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:27 am

Post by KaiserB »

In post 23, Edosurist wrote:@aptil
Why don't you even mention the fact that we already got Kaiser at L-1? Afraid to get involved?

And for the record, I'm going to say it's a safe assumption that the setup is 7 dwarfs and 2 goblins.

If I'm an elf, how can I be a goblin?
Not that I am an elf, I'm a short sturdy creature fond of drink and industry

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”