Micro 544: A Midnight Sun, Part 2 ~game over~

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Micro 544: A Midnight Sun, Part 2 ~game over~

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:08 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

A Midnight Sun, Part 2

It's not enough to hide beneath ground
She said I will stare him down
And I won't close
And I won't close 
My eyes
My heart to his wailing sound

Alive (5/9

Edgar Allan Pro (Varsoon hydra)

Jin and Mugen (VysePresident + LiketyQuickety)

Suzune

Delenn (Klingoncelt +Titus)

hi im Yakko
My Milked Eek

Spoiler: Dead (4/9)
Soren
lynched D1
Ethan Belvo

duppin
lynched D2
Cecil Updin

My Other Head Is Scum (Vedith + Firebringer)
lynched D3
Olivia Hamilton

Iron Giant (Shiro + Elbirn)
died D4
Burnt Beyond Recogniton

Links

D1 Lynch
D2 Lynch
D3 Lynch

Game Mechanics

- Nightless
- All kills will flip as No Reveal as
Burnt Beyond Recogniton

- All lynches will flip as Name & Alignment reveals
- Link to the first AMS game
- Characters from the previous game may or may not be in this game, their alignments may or may not be the same

Spoiler: sample
Olivia Hamilton

Blushing red from head to toe in all the woes of those souls she tried to save during the heat, she ran with her heart in her wrists to the water's edge finally coming about face to the task of saving herself. Still determination she never lacked; once a course was set she'd walk it even if it were to be her end. Maybe it was this stubborness that really killed. Maybe if she had sat down for once she wouldn't have been worn down to nothing.

Passive Human

Numbed by fairy-tale horrors brought to life in the guise of humans shells you sit in wonder your ashened face does. A confused frown, a bitter smile, perhaps, a cough or two wiping such fleeting emotions away. What will it take for you to stand up and not drift around like smoke in the oppressive air? What will it finally take for you to shed your passive ways and face the violence around you?

"I'll embrace your pain for you, you can go on living with out it."
: While alive you may pick one dead person to revive at anytime.

When you die you may also pick another dead person, other than yourself, to revive
(24 hours to submit or action fails)

2 Blank Ghost Tapes

Anytime after you die you are allowed to send a message (ghost tape) to the mod and it will be relayed to a person of your choice.

Win condition
: Destroy all threats to your passivity.
Last edited by 4nxi3ty on Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 12 times in total.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:08 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

Roles have been sent. Confirm by PMing your rolename. Game will start when 8 out of 9 people have confirmed.

Tape 7, Screaming Trees:

"The forest was always so green."

Tapes from the previous game:
Spoiler: Tape 1
The time capsule was found in an abandoned town. How this person found it, or why it was buried in the first place, is unclear. But it made its way to me and what I know is that the capsule was filled solely with cassette tapes, dating its initial burial to at least later than 1964. I estimate the tapes were made some time between then and the 80s. The incident in question was obviously earlier due to how it was always referred to in the past tense.

Tape 1, Beginnings/Red Woman*:

(Chairs are being dragged against a wooden floor and you can hear the old chairs groan as people sit in them.) 

"Did you know of her from before...it...before she got all Carrielike, covered in blood?"

"Wasn't pig's blood. That's for sure."

"I knew of her. But I didn't know her know her."

"You're right about that, no highschool prank for her. She was loaded, you know, sitting on a mountain of gold that one."

"I knew of her too and her family. Everyone knew her family. They had one of those nice houses by the lake made out of wood and stone and money. Came here every summer, yep every summer, but that ended of course, underneath a scorching sun. The heat was responsible for folks losing their senses I'm sure of it. No more nice summers for the pristine family with pockets of golds. Yep I knew her family. I tended their house when they were away."

"Wasn't no heat at the heart of it. Plenty to blame. Not the heat."

"That broke us. Hearts wrenching in our chests from the hotsticky carnage, blood baking on the asphalt."

*Some tapes already had titles written on them; some I supplied myself.

"Wasn't her blood she was covered in either."

"Well some of it must've been, right?"

"Ehh I don't know about that."

"And all the lake's water couldn't wash it away. Despite how hard she tried."

"Who was the first again? They were found in the woods, right?"

"No, no, no you must be thinking of some horror movie. It was the just somebody's backyard which of course is like the...woods, as you put it."

"She must've had a connection with those first ones, with all them in fact, what with the way it turned out. I can't explain it otherwise."

"There was no connection. It's not like she was the cause. More like the end result rather than the beginning."

"Well she connects it all now if she didn't then, through those of us who survived, and the way we remember the events through her actions."

"So if she didn't start it, what do you think started it all?"

"Who knows. An act of God. The wily devil himself."

"No, no. We started it. The cracks in our hearts opening up for all possibilities to pour out and paint these homes and her with a deluge of aterial desires."

(A call and response of chairs shuffle to accompany an unusually long pause in the talking, and I can almost imagine their guilt-casted eyes staring at their feet.)

"We were only human, right? Mistakes happen."

"Yes we, I agree, we did start it, together, each person, each event, folding our lives and actions as one but still seperate."

Spoiler: Tape 2
Tape 2, Husbandry:

"Raising a pet is a bit like raising yourself. I think my husband understood that. Or rather you both grow through the shared experience. I miss my husband's compassion."

"You have two kids, don'tcha? That must be tough?"

"Emhm."

"Did they help at all?"

"Honestly, you know. A little, maybe."

"At first they tried. I mean I know they really wanted to help like they said but they're not quite at that age where they can understand what taking care of a puppy means. I mean they got the bowls and food out but then got distracted by cartoons and left it all there on the floor. I walked in to find the dog with it's head in the bag. God knows how much it ate."

"Oh jeez. That's why I can't see myself getting a pet, too messy. Maybe a goldfish. I couldn't handle the responsibilty of messing up the life of another, like, animal."

"Sometimes I think we try too hard to raise each other too."

"Oh and another time they spilled water all over floor. Had to change socks on that one."

"Anyway, you should've seen them when they found a baby bird out of its nest. They were so distraught. And my husband would stay up late taking care of it while they fell alseep on the couch. I didn't have the heart to wake'em up and move them to their beds. I'd just get a blanket to keep them warm. I'd end up being the one to take care of him though. Despite it all he just couldn't handle the stress."

"My husband was the one who kept telling me about the loons, the god damn loons, but I didn't listen. But who was really that supertitious at the time? Who can read an omen for what it is? God damn loons floating on the water with their white bellies to the sky with their wings broken."

"Sometimes we raise our hopes so high past the sky and past all earthly cares and cries."

"It wasn't just the birds. All sorts of little critters started turning up broken, bellies to the sky. Nothing natural about it."

"Now did the animals start kicking the bucket before or after Olivia was attacked?"

"Definitely before."

"Yeah, and that was even before the sun got stuck."

"Right, right, of course. I just seem to have trouble remembering the, like, choronology of it all. Certain memories are so vivid, but the rest is so hazy."

"We all have to cope with it some way."

"I found one....did I tell you that? He cared so much about those loons, it was the least I could do, trying to save one."

Spoiler: Tape 3
Tape 3, Donald Bloom and Olivia Hamilton:

"Now, Donald, he was nice enough, I suppose.

"Nice enough for what?"

"Although he was too quiet."

"How can you be too quiet?"

"Now what was she to him?"

"You know what, I don't fully know. And I don't know if he fully knew either. On some level Olivia must've been nothing more than an object of hate to Donald."

"Yeah, why else would he have done what he did?"

"Suppose there was something about her that reflected back on him."

"So, what, you're saying he hated himself?"

"All I know is Olivia ran and ran with lungs full of fire, broken down by the final rejection of her charity."

"Jeezuhss I remember that. My jaw must've dropped to the ground the way I stood there frozen like everyone else. And she was running bare foot head to toe in blood on that hard ground with all the mud created from the previous weeks' raining dried by then."

"How long does it take for mud to crack like that?"

"Can't believe what set Donald off was a hug from her."

"Yeah, well I can't take it when people forgive me either. I don't like being pitied."

"She tried to take all his hate in by herself, and it didn't matter, she didn't have the nerves to handle it all. I don't know anyone else who does."

"They were childhood friends if I remember correctly. Doesn't shed much light on what they were later, but the two of them used to run around and play like there was no tomorrow. Really tough to not think about tomorrow when you have to grow up."

"Well in the end they became enemies."

"More like at least one thought the other was an enemy and the other only wanted to get away."

Spoiler: Tape 4
Tape 4, Purpose and Ambiguity:

"I don't know if anyone on the other tapes told you why we are doing this yet. You know why we are bothering recording what we think what happened, why it matters."

"Ha, if it really matters."

"Yes some of us don't share the same opinion on the matter at hand. But in a word: hubris..."

"...Like a greek tragedy we hope years later our stories will be dug up and something can be gained from our lives, cause no one will believe us now: something in the water they say, hysterics, moldy bread causing hallucinations, lies. Our lives must be special, hubris, must be believed, hubris, fated by the gods in our religions, the gods we make of ourselves in our hopes and dreams. We hope to stave off the progression of entropy by keeping a record, an order of events, a history of our struggle as humans, as if a small handful of lives could have an impact on the universe."

"Jeezuhhs, you sure do like to hear yourself talk, don'tcha."

(Stifiled laughter in the background)

"Like he said we don't all share opinions so delusionaly grand. But yes in general we want to leave something behind. The ones who died deserve to not be forgotten."

"Alright so if the point is to tell an accurate accounting let me see if I got this right? First animal corpses start turning up, pets who've been previously missing, wildlife in the water in the woods, all mutilated, specifically the upper limbs and bellies."

"Then humans."

"Yes humans too. Then the sun seemed to stay high up for weeks and weeks or days or whatever I don't really know."

"I couldn't tell you either. I tried keeping a tally for a while there. Scratching into trees."

"Seemed like we were being prepared somehow, for the sun and the violence that followed."

"Yep, hell on earth."

"Then Donald's rage and Olivia's panic." 

"After the violence"

"Yep, after."

"Of course details might be missing or out of whack."

"It can get so murky. Ha, so fucking subjective."

"Each of us only have our own little piece to share after all. Maybe it's better that way. Maybe there's value in having blindspots, uncertainty, a perspective in the ambiguity. At least only having a little piece means we don't have to cope with the whole of it at once"

Spoiler: Tape 5
Tape 5, Red Devils and White Ghosts and Eleanor Bay

"Eleanor was the first victim of those, those..."

"Those fucking things."

"They weren't things. They were still people, possessed, god-foresaken, evil-seeped, but still people, at least once. They deserve that much recognition, that much pity; they didn't choose to become what they were."

"As far as we know. There could have been other victims before her."

"I thought it was just a lunatic at first. I mean it looked human enough when it knocked at my door except for the sunburnt skin, like really really burnt, and that wide wide smile with cracked lips. I even offered it aloe vera, made some comment about making sure to wear sunscreen. Just kept smiling. That's when it broke my fingers, slammed the door on them when I looked backwards for a second."

"Be glad all it broke was your fingers, with those ones."

"The pale ones freaked me out even more. Blank stares. After seeing someone like that I couldn't, like, shake the feeling that it was always looking at me, behind my back, in the corners. It made me chilly despite the heat outside. Constantly a pit in my stomach."

"At that time in her life Eleanor was desperate for attention and she sure got it."

"How do you know she was desperate?"

"Well she hid it well. Wore a good mask."

"For the first time in her life she found herself being ignored more and more. And I don't think she quite knew how to cope with that."

"Yeah I remember she started becoming a big social drinker. You'd often find her staying late at the pub trying to start a conversation with whoever would listen."

"Well, anyway. It was probably one of those nights where Eleanor was coming about face with the idea of old age with a head full of alcohol when she died."

"This was the night right before the sun rose?"

"Yeah, yeah. Anyway we found Eleanor that dawn. Arms broken. She was cut deep along the shoulder blades, then laid down face up, with blood pooling outward along the arms and cradling the head."

(I shudder at the sight these recorded voices saw; the scene laid out before them as if to signify Icarus's own flight and fall, replacing melting wax-wings with the red melting of a human.)

"Bones were jammed into her eyesockets."

(From the remains I gathered in that abandoned town the bones (carpus, metacarpus, digits) were most likely from the wings and feet of birds.)

"A beak stabbed in her belly."

Spoiler: Tape 6
Tape 6, The Red Lake:

"Some say when a red sun sets on the lake you can see a dark figure down below. Some say it's yourself drowning at the bottom."

(I was at that lake at dusk when I went to their empty town but there were no shadows to be seen at the bottom - only my reflection asking me what I was doing wasting my time putting together this great townwide-conspiratorial fairytale.)

"No more than a trick of light flashing off the ripples of wind I say."

"You know when she paddled out to middle of the lake in the canoe, I know splinters dug into her hands. I remember taking that weathered canoe myself few years back - had to wear gloves."

"Wasn't only splinters that dug into her then either."

"Hmm, I guess you could call her the last victim of it all."

"Well I better go back out, gotta keep diving."

"So you haven't found her yet then?"

"Nope. There's a lot of junk at that bottom of that lake to sift through. But I'll find her. And then we can give her a proper burial."

"There's a lot of junk at the bottom of my heart."

"You know they say you can hear her, when the moon is full, screaming so sweetly you couldn't be sure the sound was even human. Don't mistake it for a night owl."

"Or loons."

"Or loons; we have no more birds in these parts, all fly away to a less dangerous climate."
Last edited by 4nxi3ty on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:09 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

Rules & General Info.

Voting, Deadlines, & Lynches

Votes must be
bolded
or in VOTE: tags to count. Unvotes are not required. Any sort of abbreviation is fine as long as I can tell who you are voting.

Deadlines are 2-week day phases. Extensions can be granted for extraneous circumstances, like holidays and such. Deadline will switch 10 days when only 5 players are alive.

You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If prodded, you have 24 hours to respond before I start looking for a replacement. 3 prods before I force replace.

Lynch is reached by a plurality vote (if deadline hits and there is no majority consesus on lynch, the player with the most votes will be lynched). No lynch only happens when the leading votes are tied when deadline hits. Talking in twilight is allowed.

Thread Specifics

Do not quote, or copy, PMs from the mod
. Do not discuss this game in any way outside of the thread or a private QT.

Do not impersonate the mod. Do not write in small or invisible text. Do not edit posts.

If you accidentally post from the wrong account, quote the post from the correct account. Votes will not be counted if made from the wrong account.

One Bah-post is allowed so long as it is
not
related to the game in anyway

Other

General site rules apply.

Play to your win condition.

Rules are subject to change.
Last edited by 4nxi3ty on Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:09 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

Game Starts!

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2015-11-13 10:09:02)
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:16 am

Post by My Other Head Is Scum »

Time to vote for the only threat to our existence of most scummy player in the game:
VOTE: Delenn

There can only be one scummy looking player in this game, and its going to be us!
Hydra of Firebringer and Vedith
Iron Giant
Iron Giant
Townie
Iron Giant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:24 am

Post by Iron Giant »

We are. Ready.

Scanners detect. Paranormal activity.

Vote:Edgar.

Poetic inginiousness cannot be explained. Paranormal detected.
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:24 am

^ That is Shiro.
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:26 am

No, Seriously. Iron Giant. Get on Delenn. It is the place to be.

All the cool people are voting them.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:33 am

Post by Spiffeh »

VOTE: Delenn
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:02 am

Post by Soren »

VOTE: Suzune
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:12 am

Post by Edgar Allan Pro »

I'd slow down with all the lynchan and fightan.
It only takes 5.
Ehhhhh.
Otherwise I'd be on dat Delenn wagon, 'cus I love early fast-wagons out of RVS.

-V
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
Iron Giant
Iron Giant
Townie
Iron Giant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:40 am

Post by Iron Giant »

Let's do dis

Edgar obvtowned in his first post, unless delen flips scum later.

UNVOTE:

LET'S GO THIS WAY!

VOTE: Jin & Mugen

-Elbirn
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:46 am

Post by Jin and Mugen »

VOTE: Soren

Did not like that confirm and then magically showing up as soon as the threads open.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:48 am

Post by Jin and Mugen »

In post 12, Jin and Mugen wrote:VOTE: Soren

Did not like that confirm and then magically showing up as soon as the threads open.

Mugen=crazy unpredictable guy
Jin=calm collected guy

I'll leave it to you to guess who is who

~Mugen
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:27 am

In post 10, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:I'd slow down with all the lynchan and fightan.
It only takes 5.

This is the whole point of RVS though. What would we accomplish with not voting the first 5 pages?
Btw - In spirit, my vote is on Iron Giant... Because you know, Shiro and Elbirn...

-Vedith
Delenn
Delenn
Goon
Delenn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:40 am

Post by Delenn »

VOTE: other head

There's a difference between fast RVS and accidently turbo lynching and cutting off info.

Your campaigning for our lynch before we even post is weird as well.~Titus
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:48 am

You had 2 votes on you. How on earth is that turbo lynching? :facepalm:

In post 15, Delenn wrote:Your campaigning for our lynch before we even post is weird as well.~Titus

Weakest campaign EU.

-Vedith
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:55 am

Post by Soren »

In post 11, Iron Giant wrote:Image

Let's do dis

Edgar obvtowned in his first post, unless delen flips scum later.

UNVOTE:

LET'S GO THIS WAY!

VOTE: Jin & Mugen

-Elbirn
Not seeing the obv town. He contradicted himself by saying that he likes wagons to get us out of RVS, but then proceeds to back off the wagon.
What do you find obvtown about him?
In post 12, Jin and Mugen wrote:VOTE: Soren

What confirm?
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

Soren wagon is good.

~Jin.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

That's a serious post, FYI.

He's stiff.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

In post 15, Delenn wrote:VOTE: other head

There's a difference between fast RVS and accidently turbo lynching and cutting off info.

Your campaigning for our lynch before we even post is weird as well.~Titus

Really meh on this too.
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:42 pm

Soren I find is pretty stiff usually anyways.
That would be a null tell my friend.

-Fire, vedith is the scum head guys.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:38 am

Post by Suzune »

Sorry, I'm here.

VOTE: Spiffeh
Iron Giant
Iron Giant
Townie
Iron Giant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:52 am

Post by Iron Giant »

@post 17 soren:

He's obvtown for showing concern that we'd derp and quicklynch without realizing how low the threshold to lynch is. Scum wouldn't give a shit because it'd be beneficial...unless delen is scum with him.

It's ~something~
"I am not a gun."
Hydra of Shiro & Elbirn
Iron Giant
Iron Giant
Townie
Iron Giant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:54 am

Post by Iron Giant »

Also it wasnt...really a contradiction and he didn't back off the wagon, he was never on it.

I stopped being a contradiction once he qualified that the scenario was different: can't have fast rvs wagons when you're playing a micro.

Anyway
Guys it's been 24 hours and we're still on page 1 what's going on
"I am not a gun."
Hydra of Shiro & Elbirn

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”