Micro 544: A Midnight Sun, Part 2 ~game over~

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:14 am

Post by Suzune »

Firebringer I was the negative mafia utility role. I was powering your ability. I thought worse comes to worse I could have them lynxh me and hurt a town role.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:50 am

Post by VysePresident »

If they'd lynched you, I guarantee, it'd have been so easy to finish the game. :P

It was either a gambit between Edgar & Delenn, or a normal play between yourself & Yakko.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:59 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 772, Firebringer wrote:
In post 771, Shiro wrote:Fire why didn't you revive anyone ?

No one is worthy of revive.
Also, I wasn't aware we had that power.

In post 773, Firebringer wrote:Like my role pm, just said "Passive Human" how the hell did I have reviving power?
Must go look at it again.

In post 774, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:LOL it was clearly there....

"I'll embrace your pain for you, you can go on living with out it.": While alive you may pick one dead person to revive at anytime.

When you die you may also pick another dead person, other than yourself, to revive (24 hours to submit or action fails).

Me and Vedith don't read.

I would like to say we didn't revive in spite of everyone, but yeah.....We just thought we were normal VT.

So like

I love you guys. I love everyone really.

But I'm really really mad at both of you for this :( you could have gotten duppin who was conf town via death and simply having another townie would have kept this game from being over. Or me/shiro which would have been a bit of a stretch time wise.

Like I'm not tryna yell or anything, just in future games please pay attention to stuffz like that ^^; especially in this series of games where participation after death is a thing (which is awesome btw and when I start modding games that's gonna be a mechanic I really explore, gg anxiety)

Speaking of which I will say I wish ghost tapes were more utilized. They had a great utility here but I don't think anyone used them except for me, and I only sent the one much to my embarrassment. I really shoulda used all my tapes.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:05 am

Post by VysePresident »

Yeah, I didn't care much for the original tapes, but the ghost tapes are a really neat mechanic I'd love to see get more play in the future.

Passive Human was alignment, not VT. In retrospect, while I was bothering to do setup spec, that also should have put Suzune in an awkward spot. (Granted, I"m aware of the token VT and all that, but....alfjadlkjfa;lsdjfals;djf how did I screw this up again?! :P )
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:08 am

Post by Soren »

Vyze or Lickety, any feedback on my general play/stiffness during day 1 that I can improve upon?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:16 am

Post by Elbirn »

See I also really like the idea of communication outside of the main game thread (so masons neighbors and yes these private tapes), I just didn't know how to utilize them in the first game. Granted me being scum didn't help, but even a town elbirn wouldn't know what to do outside of gambits (which I don't know how to do) or keeping sekrits and communicating them to....people I don't know if I can trust?

Ghost tapes are a whole different monkey and while yeah the utility of using them is entirely different, I think it's more useful and was a great way to revitalize an idea that no one else really wanted to use.

Well that's not true. With a scum team that was split up into two private threads, tapes were quite useful for scum. Town not so much.

Idk tldr they're actually good for their respective setups and I like what anxiety has done with this series.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:02 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 779, Soren wrote:Vyze or Lickety, any feedback on my general play/stiffness during day 1 that I can improve upon?

Probably, but you might have to wait a few, if you don't mind? It's Thanksgiving, and while we aren't really the type to have huge parties & the like, I dunno that I'll have time until tomorrow or Saturday.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:03 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 780, Elbirn wrote:See I also really like the idea of communication outside of the main game thread (so masons neighbors and yes these private tapes), I just didn't know how to utilize them in the first game. Granted me being scum didn't help, but even a town elbirn wouldn't know what to do outside of gambits (which I don't know how to do) or keeping sekrits and communicating them to....people I don't know if I can trust?

Ghost tapes are a whole different monkey and while yeah the utility of using them is entirely different, I think it's more useful and was a great way to revitalize an idea that no one else really wanted to use.

Well that's not true. With a scum team that was split up into two private threads, tapes were quite useful for scum. Town not so much.

Idk tldr they're actually good for their respective setups and I like what anxiety has done with this series.

Ditto this, so much.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:04 am

Post by Soren »

In post 781, VysePresident wrote:
In post 779, Soren wrote:Vyze or Lickety, any feedback on my general play/stiffness during day 1 that I can improve upon?

Probably, but you might have to wait a few, if you don't mind? It's Thanksgiving, and while we aren't really the type to have huge parties & the like, I dunno that I'll have time until tomorrow or Saturday.
No worries, take your time. And hope you have a lovely thanksgiving ~
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 768, Shiro wrote:
In post 760, Klingoncelt wrote:I'm very sorry, Town. :cry:

I wouldn't have done it except for that 7-day bit.

It was 7 days between the two douse. Depending on the timeline you live in I think

9am Monday until anytime Saturday is not 7 days.

Will the Scum PTs be opened up?
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:05 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

I have to admit that it was not myself that thought you were stiff. I more thought you were using a lot of words, but not really saying anything. I had a suspicion of you before the game even started that I wanted to explore for prolly longer than I should. I just felt it was a good direction to go it. So my read on you was pretty much just gut.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

Scum PT

Spoiler: Role PMs
Adam Hamilton

Grandfather to Olivia the last thing you'd want to do is let her down. You spent most of life working instead of with your own children, amassing a fortune instead of fostering relationships. The least you could do was repair a semblance of your humanity with your granddaughter.

Wrathful Humans

XXXX & YYYY & ZZZZ

Idle hearts lets the devil in to snarl and snap and rail at what could have been. You cannot abide the indifference of good people. What must be done, must be done to regain control of our lives and protect our futures. A will of brimstone is needed in the dark days, a shrewd squint in harsh light. Give into the wrath before the retribution wavers as the wind upon water.

"Oil refined to the perfect implement for this justice."
: Your faction has
3 cans of gasoline
. You can douse a player in gasolne at anytime. Once your faction douses someone they must wait 7 IRL days before they can douse a player again.
(Whenever a match is struck whoever is doused in gasoline will go up in flames and die.)

"We will salt and burn this earth."
2 matches
. Strike a match at anytime to alight anyone doused in gasoline up in flames, killing them 

"I couldn't protect you from the hurt you felt."
: If anyone in your faction happens to die Olivia Hamilton can no longer revive while she is alive, only when she dies.

"A pact, a promise."
: Talk to your fellow wrathful humans in here.

2 Blank Ghost Tapes

Anytime after you die you are allowed send a message (ghost tape) to the mod and it will be relayed to a person of your choice.

Win condition
: Kill all until you know you are safely in the majority or nothing can prevent that from happening.

Ethan Belvo

Why does compassion feel so hollow to him now? Perhaps the death of his dog, his long time companion, has coloured him in new shades. Although perhaps there was mercy there with the dog being as old and sick as it was. That's it: his dog didn't deserve to go so miserably. Peacfully was what it deserved. No, there was no more peace for him, no going back.

Wrathful Humans

XXXX & YYYY & ZZZZ

Idle hearts lets the devil in to snarl and snap and rail at what could have been. You cannot abide the indifference of good people. What must be done, must be done to regain control of our lives and protect our futures. A will of brimstone is needed in the dark days, a shrewd squint in harsh light. Give into the wrath before the retribution wavers as the wind upon water.

3 cans of gasoline
. You can douse a player in gasolne at anytime. Once your faction douses someone they must wait 7 IRL days before they can douse a player again.
(Whenever a match is struck whoever is doused in gasoline will go up in flames and die.)

:Your faction has
2 matches
. Strike a match at anytime to alight anyone doused in gasoline up in flames, killing them.

"I'm done with lofty ambitions; I don't want to be extroadinary"
: You have no extra abilities.

"A pact, a promise."

2 Blank Ghost Tapes

Anytime after you die you are allowed send a message (ghost tape) to the mod and it will be relayed to a person of your choice.

Win condition
: Kill all until you know you are safely in the majority or nothing can prevent that from happening.

Ezekiel Wates

He wrought a focus for his grief, or a distraction from it, either perspecive was fine for him. All that mattered was that finally his mind was made, he would take action, indecision plaguing him no further. Death could be answered with death he realized, and despite that it never added up to anything other than more death, it was still the only answer staring him in the face.

Wrathful Humans

XXXX & YYYY & ZZZZ

3 cans of gasoline

2 matches
. Strike a match at anytime to alight anyone doused in gasoline up in flames, killing them.

"I must know who is responsible for the desecration."
: Once per day you may pick a player (dead or living) to investigate and you will learn what items they are currently holding.

"A pact, a promise."

2 Blank Ghost Tapes

Win condition

Cecil Updin

He quickly found out then that he was not as great as he thought. This was no time to be laughing at anyone, excpet maybe himself and his misplaced notions of superiority. But at least he'd make up for it, lending a helping hand where he could. If he could be great perhaps he could hope to be apart of something great.

Passive Human

Numbed by fairy-tale horrors brought to life in the guise of humans shells you sit in wonder your ashened face does. A confused frown, a bitter smile, perhaps, a cough or two wiping such fleeting emotions away. What will it take for you to stand up and not drift around like smoke in the oppressive air? What will it finally take for you to shed your passive ways and face the violence around you?

"Foul liquid for those foul souls."
:
You have
1 can of gasoline
. You may douse a player in gasoline at anytime.
[/area]
2 Blank Ghost Tapes

Win condition
: Destroy all threats to your passivity
Otto Fitzgerald

Some may say he was an artist, but he was more than that, as perfection demanded more than that from him, and the world held all the materials he needed to reach those estactic heights. All he cared for was himself and his own designs. The extent that he cared for others was in how much his art affected them. Joy or sorrow, comedy or tragedy were the same coin to him.

Passive Human

Numbed by fairy-tale horrors brought to life in the guise of humans shells you sit in wonder your ashened face does. A confused frown, a bitter smile, perhaps, a cough or two wiping such fleeting emotions away. What will it take for you to stand up and not drift around like smoke in the oppressive air? What will it finally take for you to shed your passive ways and face the violence around you?

"The dead are as secret windows."
: Once per day you may dig up the grave of a dead player, learning their full Role PM and taking any items they may possess.

2 Blank Ghost Tapes

Win condition
Denise Carruth

She'd let whatever happens happen, what so ever wanted to be let in she'd let in. Some might call her submissive, too shy, the meaner ones a coward but she preferred the term accomodating. She enjoyed giving in: there was a certain pride in letting go of your wants, needs, ego in order for someone else to have theirs.

Passive Human

"Like washing the world away."
: You have
1 bucket of water
. You may toss the water on a player at anytime to clean them of gasoline, or if a player is set on fire you can save them with the water
(only works up to 24 hours after being set on fire, otherwise it will be too late)

2 Blank Ghost Tapes

Win condition

Anna Decci

When she was five she learned what it meant to fall asleep and never wake up again and from then on her stuffed-animal, Gray, was the only thing that helped her fall safely asleep at night. Yet when the sun rose fixed even clutching Gray the tightest she could would not be comfort enough. Only her older sisters could provide thay safety.

Passive Human

"It okay Gray, big sis won't forget us."
: You carry a stuffed-animal dragon that will protect you from flames. If you happen to be set on fire your stuffed-animal will be burned instead.

2 Blank Ghost Tapes

Win condition
Marnie Decci

Done with being the black sheep for family, part of her was glad to sit back and let Stella take most of the attention for once. Of course she felt pity for her younger sister except it was such a breath of fresh air to not be the cause of turmoil that any empathy she had was tossed out as an inconvinience, a nuisance.

Passive Human

"Who cares if it is not safe to play with matches?"
: You have
1 match

2 Blank Ghost Tapes

Win condition
Olivia Hamilton

Blushing red from head to toe in all the woes of those souls she tried to save during the heat, she ran with her heart in her wrists to the water's edge finally coming about face to the task of saving herself. Still determination she never lacked; once a course was set she'd walk it even if it were to be her end. Maybe it was this stubborness that really killed. Maybe if she had sat down for once she wouldn't have been worn down to nothing.

Passive Human

"I'll embrace your pain for you, you can go on living with out it."
: While alive you may pick one dead person to revive at anytime.

When you die you may also pick another dead person, other than yourself, to revive
(24 hours to submit or action fails)

2 Blank Ghost Tapes

Anytime after you die you are allowed to send a message (ghost tape) to the mod and it will be relayed to a person of your choice.

Win condition
: Destroy all threats to your passivity.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 759, Klingoncelt wrote:How were Edgar Allan Pro and Iron Giant both doused in less than 7 days

That one is on me. I missed the scum douse action submitted in the PT. And resolved it as soon as I saw, which was like 2 days later. I figured it only fair for the douse delay to start when they originally submitted, but didn't forsee the conflict with town dousing. I'm sorry about that.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:54 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 767, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 764, VysePresident wrote:Same!

I'm doing Plot's Slavic Music II Mafia, FYI, if you guys want to join.

@Mod - Is it possible to pre-in for MS #3?

In bold: this.

yes, totally... is what I want to say.

I am little burnt out on Mafia though. And need to focus on other projects. So I'm debating wether or not to finish this up, cause I can't give modding the full attention it deserves. If it happens, it'll probably be late January.
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:17 am

Post by My Other Head Is Scum »

Well, at least I was right with yakko... I would have gone the rest of the game refusing to vote Suzune though lol.
GG scum, thanks for the game! ^^

-Vedith
Hydra of Firebringer and Vedith
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:52 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

I very much hope that there is an Midnight Sun #3. I also hope that it's a Large. :)

Good luck and happy holidays, 4nxi3ty, we'll see you in the New Year!
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:30 pm

Post by VysePresident »

I just want to say likewise. It was a pleasure, and if Midnight Sun #3 happens, please consider me to be pre-inned to the game. I don't mind the wait.

In the meantime, here's wishing you luck with your projects, a Merry Christmas & happy New Year. Take care, sir.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:35 am

Post by Suzune »

Also please consider me for a pre-in too~

I would like to see this to the conclusion~
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:45 am

Post by Edgar Allan Pro »

Not Varsoon here. Sorry for not being around to fight our sound defeat
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:06 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

/pre in for mns3
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 793, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:Not Varsoon here. Sorry for not being around to fight our sound defeat

Yeah, I'm sorry about that.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

/pre-in
-
MiniDeathStar
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:28 am

Post by VysePresident »

Also, the line about having a magical gut cracked me up so much, Elbirn. Thanks for that, and for trusting my reads too. It's always appreciated, at least when I'm right, anyway. (Said gut is not always perfect :P )
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by Marquis »

link in bio

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”