Micro 580: Shortnight Mafia [GAME OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:38 am

Post by Maestro »

Votecount 2.02
RadiantCowbells -
1 / 2
- Chenoan
Chenoan -
1 / 2
- RadiantCowbells
This is my username -
0 / 2

With
[3]
alive it takes
[2]
to Lynch.
In this specific setup, "No Lynch" is not an option.

ACTIVITY CHECK & NOTES
:
This is my username
is being prodded for inactivity (2nd prod).
Hopefully you guys weren't waiting for me to change "RESERVED" to a VC... :shifty:

Deadline is in ... (expired on 2016-03-12 01:24:00)
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:59 am

Post by This is my username »

As of now, I'm leaning towards lynching Chenoan. I will wait for his case, however.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by Chenoan »

Sorry for the absurd delay. Work has been hell this week. Working on finishing my post. I'm trying to submit it before I pass out tonight.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:42 am

Post by Maestro »

RadiantCowbells
is being prodded for inactivity.
:igmeou:
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:50 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Not really sure what else you want me to say.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Chenoan »

Okay so rereading while knowing RC's alignment now obviously gives me a bias. To summarize my coming argument, RC's play looks very much like he knew only one scum could make it to day2, and felt like his survival was the best bet for their win. He has played pretty well tbh - in fact if he wins I'll only be mad at myself for not voting him to begin with. But at the end there's one major slip that I missed before that I hope will be the nail in his coffin.

Is a giant wall. But 90% of it is distancing from Reck. RC is even saying he doubts that me/Reck are the scumteam really hard. Something definitely went wrong with his plans - probably those two left field self hammers that made RC lose control over the hammer in our group.

In post 192, RadiantCowbells wrote:But yeah, I don't like how quick Ranger is to write me off as town after she did the same in our last game and I was scum.
I'm just gonna leave that there. Ranger, if you're reading along, you misread RC yet again.

In post 206, RadiantCowbells wrote:You know when you phrase it like that this game sounds ridiculously townsided.
I'd had similar feelings, but now I realized that since we're already in the game should it be a good thing that it's town-sided - assuming you're town of course? This doesn't sound like commenting on a good thing.
In post 243, RadiantCowbells wrote:I was scumreading both of you at the time because both of you were being absolute nonsense.
I came to the conclusion since that LG was more scum motivated compared to you being more likely to just be derptown.
Luckily a LG scumflip will confirm me as town or you're scum so your read on me isn't a huge deal to me.
So this is the set up of self-clearing. Basically LG's townflip MUST mean RC is town - you heard it from RC himself! That's bs.

On the other hand Reck looks like he's basically given up on our group, which I can see given that I'm universally townread no matter who his partner is
Including if his partner is you, apparently?

In post 267, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't want to lynch scum in my group if the other group's going to lynch town.

In post 288, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm not hammering until I see your group's hammer.

In post 290, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't care who I have to face in 3 way.

I care about them getting a vengekill in this group and killing me.
In post 299, RadiantCowbells wrote:I lynch LG. He flips scum. You lynch Ranger. She flips town. LG vengekills me, obviously. Are we done?
So these posts are important for later.

In post 314, RadiantCowbells wrote:Zzz.
scum didn't want me hammering LyLo.
Chen, if you don't speedvote Reck I'm going to be fucking pissed at you. TIMU is town.
And seriously Ranger, don't fucking selfhammer. grats on that little number. if I don't get hammer and we lose this is on you.
Okay and here's the massive slip. LG was committing so hard to this narrative that they were going to get nightkilled in order to seem more towny. In fact, they knew there was no way they would get killed here because they knew two townies had been hit and so they just needed a little more towncred. LG was scumreading me, and Ranger was scumreading Reck, so one of the two of us was going to die and RC was trying to make sure it was me. Thankfully it wasn't so that we now have one last chance to lynch RC.

In post 324, RadiantCowbells wrote:Alright.

So it should be fairly obvious that Chen is scum because he

1) Scumread me for reasons that far more easily and obviously applied to LG. Like his case and the whole gut thing on me was fairly terrible. I don't feel like I need to explain that to you again.
2) That entire RVS fiasco. Like seriously it was a disaster. I don't need to explain that to you again.
3) Refused to commit to a townread on either of us. It's pretty clear that throughout the game he (she?) knew that he/she was going to have to fight me eventually.
Even on the rare posts where he did 'townread' me it felt more like he just wanted to make sure that I lynched wrong by buttering me up. 240 and 228 are horrible because any interpretation would be that he'd be coming out scumreading both of us and uncertain and yet he came out of it scumreading LG which doesn't really jive with the posts themselves. And that making my decision easier for NAI stuff line in 245 is fucking dirty; like he's setting himself up to have lynched wrong. And even when he was scumreading LG he kept giving him outs as 'oh he could be bad town' and saying stuff like 'RC wasn't obvtown at all and that's what I'm scumreading you for!' which is just horribly transparently setting himself up to switch to pushing me.

Also read 313-315. I was pretty fucking sure LG was scum at that point and since I was already pretty close to hammering Chen, which LG should have known since I said I was going to hammer my townread to give myself hamer in the endgame. So LG selfhammering threw me the fuck off and I was near positive that he was scum and did it because he was afraid that I'd hammer his partner today. Chen on the other hand already knew that it was town so he started setting himself up for the fight that he knew was coming. I thought that LG was scum and that should be pretty clear from those posts.

So according to you I'm...
1) Scum because I gut read scum correctly
2) Persisted on my gut read until you successfully planted enough doubt in me
3) Wouldn't townread scum

Yea okay. TBH i was kind of shocked by the LG flip at the end, but now I feel stupid for being shocked at all.

I think I fixed it...?
~M
Last edited by Maestro on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Chenoan »

Ugh i messed up my quote tags.
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:27 am

I finished rereading. I'll think about it for a bit, and in a few hours I'll hammer someone.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:24 pm

157 Is a giant wall. But 90% of it is distancing from Reck. RC is even saying he doubts that me/Reck are the scumteam really hard. Something definitely went wrong with his plans - probably those two left field self hammers that made RC lose control over the hammer in our group.

I mean, they did.
It's good because I'm not sure LG would have hammered correctly but this doesn't mean anything.

I'm just gonna leave that there. Ranger, if you're reading along, you misread RC yet again.

Yeah, I pointed out her history of misreading me when she was townreading me.

I'd had similar feelings, but now I realized that since we're already in the game should it be a good thing that it's town-sided - assuming you're town of course? This doesn't sound like commenting on a good thing.

TIMU, did I at all sound like I was complaining there?
I just liked Ranger's way of looking at it. this is bad.

So this is the set up of self-clearing. Basically LG's townflip MUST mean RC is town - you heard it from RC himself! That's bs.

No, not at all.
I'm town, there's a scum in the 3 of us. it's you. get over it.

So these posts are important for later.

OK.

Okay and here's the massive slip. LG was committing so hard to this narrative that they were going to get nightkilled in order to seem more towny. In fact, they knew there was no way they would get killed here because they knew two townies had been hit and so they just needed a little more towncred. LG was scumreading me, and Ranger was scumreading Reck, so one of the two of us was going to die and RC was trying to make sure it was me. Thankfully it wasn't so that we now have one last chance to lynch RC.

This literally makes no sense. How does telling someone that I thought was town to 100% hammer Reck (the scum) constitute attempting to get Chen killed?
I love how you're trying to portray the fact that you obviously knew that LG was a town lynch and I didn't as me 'grabbing for town cred'

... are you joking though. If they both flip town I'm pissed.

Didn't I just say how there's no positive outcome to two town lynches???????

Oh my god. Well played, maf. You basically won at this point. Ugh.

Yea okay. TBH i was kind of shocked by the LG flip at the end, but now I feel stupid for being shocked at all.

These two things don't line up.
Basically Chen realizes that I'm obvious town for my confusion about the hammers so now he's lying about his position on them being scum.

I note that Chen is claiming that I was planning to bus but then decided not to when I joined Reck's camp.
To what end, though?
I was always pushing TIMU as the obvtown of the group and Reck was always the clear vengekill target if we double mislynched.
If I was going to bus in this situation, I would have stayed on Reck the entire game so that I could look town for it.
Ranger's case on Reck was weak and he AtE'd well, so I changed my views. I was always pushing for Reck to be dead if Ranger ended up being town.
There's 0 reason for me to do that as scum. I'd either push for Reck to stay alive or bus him. My reads changed because good points were made. simple as that.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:16 pm

I actually think it might be RadiantCowbells, but Chenoan has seemed off at times as well. Ugh.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:24 pm

In post 334, This is my username wrote:I actually think it might be RadiantCowbells, but Chenoan has seemed off at times as well. Ugh.

It's not dude.

Read my last post.
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:25 pm

I did.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:26 pm

And you're not convinced by the fact that he clearly knew that LG was town despite being his primary push?

And then lied about it later?
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:11 pm

Oh, I didn't properly understand that part.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by Chenoan »

That is not the case at all. Oh my god. RC do you drink WiFoM for breakfast or something?
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Mad King Ashnard »

In post 339, Chenoan wrote:That is not the case at all. Oh my god. RC do you drink WiFoM for breakfast or something?

^ lol.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:19 pm

In post 340, Mad King Ashnard wrote:
In post 339, Chenoan wrote:That is not the case at all. Oh my god. RC do you drink WiFoM for breakfast or something?

^ lol.

that was me.

and yeah, he doesn't even have a response. What are you thinking TIMU :igmeou:
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:54 pm

Post by Chenoan »

There's not much to respond to. You lie really well because you don't give the person telling the truth an chance. You accept your lie as blatant truth regardless.
Here's what's going on:
1) You say I'm lying
2) I say I'm not
3) You say I'm lying about not lying
4) repeat until TiMU hammers.

If TiMU hammers me it's because you outplayed the entire town. I think LG was the one who said you should get a medal for your performance this game. I scumread them at the time for that, but now I agree.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:02 pm

Uh, you did lie and blatantly so and it's eminently demonstrable.
Town you had no way of knowing that LG was town for that selfhammer. I assumed he was scum trying to prevent me from
You immediately knew after the hammer that he was town in spite of him being your primary push for the day.
Then you lied about it after and said that you actually thought LG was scum. It's super obvious on reread.

Me and LG both went through stages of townreading people. At no point in this game did you ever put anyone in our group as townreads; you kept us both as viable lynch options because you knew we were facing this 1v1.
Chenoan did not. He kept us both in his scumpool and just

And for the record, Ranger is an amazing scumhunter. I myself nommed her for an award for best town play.

In post 63, RadiantCowbells wrote:Just for the record, nomming Ranger for best town play for her peformance in Blitz 21 and elsewhere.

And contrary to my commentary that she's unable to read me, she actually had me pinned in my most recent game where I was scum vs her as town.
She went onto another scumread who ended up flipping town, but she did call me out and she's plenty capable of reading me and plenty paranoid of my slot since Blitz 22.
She solved the game on the first few pages while I overthought it and went onto LG. *shrug*

I'm town, I don't understand why you're scumreading me and I think Chen has been pretty fucking obvscum.
If there's anything you have questions about in my play ask away.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:02 pm

trying to prevent me from deciding the lynch next day in hopes of Chen mishammering*
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:19 pm

Post by Chenoan »

In post 343, RadiantCowbells wrote:Uh, you did lie and blatantly so and it's eminently demonstrable.
Town you had no way of knowing that LG was town for that selfhammer. I assumed he was scum trying to prevent me from
You immediately knew after the hammer that he was town in spite of him being your primary push for the day.
Then you lied about it after and said that you actually thought LG was scum. It's super obvious on reread.
No I didn't lie. Where did I "know" LG was town after their self hammer and before their flip?? Please do share, because apparently you know that I knew things that I never myself knew.

Me and LG both went through stages of townreading people. At no point in this game did you ever put anyone in our group as townreads; you kept us both as viable lynch options because you knew we were facing this 1v1.
Chenoan did not. He kept us both in his scumpool and just
LGs stages were 90% townreading you for no apparent reason. You flip flopped on your TRs too. So don't you go saying that I kept you both as viable lynches when all it was is that I did not know 100% who was scum. I at least committed to a vote, unlike you?

And for the record, Ranger is an amazing scumhunter. I myself nommed her for an award for best town play.
I cannot attest to that one way or another, I only know what was said in this thread regarding how they failed to read you in the past. you're the one who brought it up to begin with, why back-pedal now?

I'm town, I don't understand why you're scumreading me and I think Chen has been pretty fucking obvscum.
If there's anything you have questions about in my play ask away.
I'm assuming this is pointed at TiMU, because from my view, you're completely obvscum. I'm still so mad at myself that I ever mistrusted my gutread.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:23 pm

In post 313, Chenoan wrote:... are you joking though. If they both flip town I'm pissed.

LGs stages were 90% townreading you for no apparent reason. You flip flopped on your TRs too. So don't you go saying that I kept you both as viable lynches when all it was is that I did not know 100% who was scum. I at least committed to a vote, unlike you?

Hi, my reads were incredibly non fluid and I basically just stuck with scumreading whatever was easy at the time and I expect to be townread for it.

I cannot attest to that one way or another, I only know what was said in this thread regarding how they failed to read you in the past. you're the one who brought it up to begin with, why back-pedal now?

Because she was town and proven right.
Also because she pinned me in A Moment In TIme.

I'm assuming this is pointed at TiMU, because from my view, you're completely obvscum. I'm still so mad at myself that I ever mistrusted my gutread.

This is basically a scumslip.
Why would I be trying to convince you that I'm town or that you're scum? you're literally confirmed mafia. stahpit.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:28 pm

Post by Chenoan »

Let me fix that misrep for you.
In post 313, Chenoan wrote:... are you joking though.
If they both flip town I'm pissed.

But nice try there.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:32 pm

This is clearly not something you're talking about with any 'ifs'.
stahpit.
Chenoan
Chenoan
Goon
Chenoan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:46 pm

Post by Chenoan »

In post 348, RadiantCowbells wrote:

This is clearly not something you're talking about with any 'ifs'.
stahpit.

Because if LG and Ranger both flipped town I assumed LG was going to kill me and force the loss?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”