Special Marathon Weekend: July 25-27

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 48, mith wrote:Forum is now closed to new topics. If you played in or ran one of the listed open setups (or another you feel should have been listed), please give your thoughts on the setup in this thread.

I ran the 8p Suicide Bomber/IC Game twice.

The first time it got screwed up by the guy blowing up a vt[this was d1]. Scum then NK'ed a VT, with the Vig No killing. Goon got lynched d2. I dont feel like it's accurate considering some major mess ups by the scum.

The second time the town almost lynched the vig, before he claimed. Then they moved on to the suicide bomber, who blew up the vig. Which IMO, is prob the correct play considering the IC can just die N1. So the goon killed the IC. Then he got lynched d2, however his lynch came down to the wire and they[serene] wanted to hammer the newb. I dont think it wouldve mattered though, as he prob wouldve died in LyLo. I felt like the second running worked well and if scum can avoid suiciding d1, they have a pretty good chance. The one change I've considered is making the suicide end the day, but I dont really want to do that as it would run the possibility for a 5p lylo with suicider.

The second setup I ran was the traitor. The traitor got lynched d1, so he was out of the picture really quick. The goon was able to get to mylo, bc the cop copped the nk, but then he scumslipped. I think there was a decent chance it would turn out differently though, had he not screwed up, idk. So I was pretty satisfied with its running.
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:48 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

Also, Hurpy Burpdurr, mith! :D

"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

In post 48, mith wrote:Forum is now closed to new topics. If you played in or ran one of the listed open setups (or another you feel should have been listed), please give your thoughts on the setup in this thread.

I apologize this is a week late, been having trouble with my internet access.

I ran 2 games of my setup:
Not Yet Named, by Jackal711 wrote:
7 Vanilla Town
Town Vig
Town Cop
Town Bodyguard
1 Mafia Roleblocker
2 Mafia Goon

went to Town during Night 3.

It started poorly, with a VT lynch Day 1 and 2 VT deaths (mafia + vig) during Night 1.
The cop though got lucky and investigated a scum player.

The found scum, who happened to be the Roleblocker, was quickly lynched Day 2. The interesting part is the cop never had to claim cop, just stated at start of day "X is scum" and was able to push the wagon to lynch.
Night 2 resulted in the Vig shooting another Mafia, and the Bodyguard dying in place of the Mafia kill target. The cop investigated a townie.

The game ended Night 3 when the Vig got lucky and targeted the last Mafia member with their kill. The Mafia kill that night was aimed at the same target as Night 2, who was a VT.

.. was crazy.

The second running lasted 6 days and was won by the Mafia who survived double LyLo to do so.
The beginning of Town's downfall was the Vig got lynched Day 1.
Day 2 was good for town, as they lynched a Goon.
The Bodyguard died Night 2 protecting the Cop, who wound up dead Night 3.
Day 5 was 5p LyLo. Town managed to lynch the remaining Goon.
Day 6, 3p LyLo. The remaining Mafia was able to wait it out for one townie to vote another then quickhammer for the win.

Overall I think the setup seems balanced and got a good test. The games do show how vital the Vig can be to town's success.

Many of the players involved played both games, so I'd appreciate if they could offer their thoughts.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:05 pm

Post by mith »

Hoping to decide on some finalists here, and also start taking pre-orders, sometime this weekend.

Return to “News”