Site Downtime (July 2016)

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #72 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:29 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 63, Thestatusquo wrote:I um. I want this to come across in the most undickish way possible...but it might come out rude anyway...

Who in their right minds thinks this site is worth money?

It generates no revenue, has a user base that continues to decline and requires hosting costs that are not recouped in any way.

It's been a great thing for me throughout my life and I'm very thankful to the people who continue to put hard work and money into keeping it running, but the idea that someone would pay money for the privilege of chucking money down the hosting black hole and dealing with the constant aggravation of users like shotty is mind boggling to me.
I have ideas how we can make this site profitable.

First we put up advertisement space everywhere, I am talking top of the pages, I am talking the sides, and the bottom of pages too.
Next we need to do even more than that. I say before any players see a flip they have to watch a minute video on car insurance, preferably gieco.
All roles will be delivered but you have to watch another add about Budweiser or something, maybe from most interesting man in the world.

These are all just ideas, but I bet we can turn this boat around and make MS great again.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #76 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 74, Ircher wrote:
In post 73, MURDERCAT wrote:We should just make people pay for skins, the free default one will be tigers.
*AHEM*

I have a visual impairment, and that puts me at a disability.
The visually impaired gotta pay the big bucks
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #84 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:57 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 81, Raskolnikov wrote:No, a subscription based model is clearly optimal.

VT tier - access to newbie and normal game queues. ABSOLUTELY FREE!
Doctor tier - access to themes, opens, and micros. Allows custom avatars and signatures! only 1.99/month
Godfather tier - access to blitz and marathon queue. Also gives GTKAS+speakeasy access, and is a requirement for consideration in the scummy awards. 4.99/month

Now selling 1 year GF subs at 66%! off for only $20 for a limited time only!
I actually like the VT tier, nobody likes newbies and normal anyways, so obviously that's the free part.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #90 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:09 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 87, Oman wrote:
In post 83, BBmolla wrote:Like, epicmafia has a couple paid features like name color and text color and "custom roles"
"Epicmafia does it" is not a serious reason to do anything. And I'm not even talking from a "hue hue fuck those guys" perspective, even though...yeah fuck those guys.

Epicmafia and MSdotnet are different beasts, and different communities, and they have different needs. They're not even close enough to us that they're a good 1:1 analogy.
I think the argument "Simpsons did it" has always been the best argument of why to do something, because if simpsons did it, you know you can do it better. So the equivalent with EpicMafia seems good enough to engage in their behavior and beat them at their own game!
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #91 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:13 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 89, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 63, Thestatusquo wrote:I um. I want this to come across in the most undickish way possible...but it might come out rude anyway...

Who in their right minds thinks this site is worth money?

It generates no revenue, has a user base that continues to decline and requires hosting costs that are not recouped in any way.

It's been a great thing for me throughout my life and I'm very thankful to the people who continue to put hard work and money into keeping it running, but the idea that someone would pay money for the privilege of chucking money down the hosting black hole and dealing with the constant aggravation of users like shotty is mind boggling to me.
Well, it's "worth money" to the people who want to have the ability to control other peoples access to the site / threaten people off of it entirely. But we probably don't want them in charge.

I suppose a more wholesome reason would be someone able to float some large fixed costs now that would lower the monthly costs down the road. Although it would still probably be better to just donate that money to mith instead of "buying the site". (And actually, let me know if we're actually in this situation.)
According to some shitty site that tells you the worth of other websites the worth of MafiaScum.net is:
$9,322

I was actually surprised. I thought it was going to be worth only 2-3 thousand at most.
Show

Return to “News”