Site Downtime (July 2016)

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #89 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:08 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 63, Thestatusquo wrote:I um. I want this to come across in the most undickish way possible...but it might come out rude anyway...

Who in their right minds thinks this site is worth money?

It generates no revenue, has a user base that continues to decline and requires hosting costs that are not recouped in any way.

It's been a great thing for me throughout my life and I'm very thankful to the people who continue to put hard work and money into keeping it running, but the idea that someone would pay money for the privilege of chucking money down the hosting black hole and dealing with the constant aggravation of users like shotty is mind boggling to me.
Well, it's "worth money" to the people who want to have the ability to control other peoples access to the site / threaten people off of it entirely. But we probably don't want them in charge.

I suppose a more wholesome reason would be someone able to float some large fixed costs now that would lower the monthly costs down the road. Although it would still probably be better to just donate that money to mith instead of "buying the site". (And actually, let me know if we're actually in this situation.)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #93 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:16 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Also, if we want to actually get serious about fundraising, we just need a public thread where all "basic respect" rules are nullified but you have to donate $10 to the site for each post you make there.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #117 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Another fun idea: get a bunch of big ms personalities in a game together and folks can donate to the site to join a spectator thread. Maybe one thread with role/setup reveals and one without.

Return to “News”