Mafia Goon

BananaCucho
-
Mafia Goon

SamX
-
Mafia Goon

You can talk and submit actions here at pregame and at night
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:54 am

Post by BananaCucho »

Hello. This should be fun.
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:34 am

Post by Gale Wing Srock »

Hey ^_^

None of us have PRs though. Do you guys have any strategy in mind?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:55 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Locked for Daystart
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

open for night 1
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

Not bad! This town is a mess and super confused which can only be good for us.

Two of us were on that Event I train however, which is bad for us.

Once I get back to the hotel room tonight after dinner I'll do a bit of analysis on our best course of action for the night kill. I'm looking forward to what you two think we should do as well.

@SamX are you really new or are you stuck playing an act at this point?

@Gale from some of your last posts, it could be perceived that you might be new to this site. Is that the case or not? Just wanna see where you both are coming from.
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:24 pm

Yeah Banana, I am new to the site. But I have played a couple of OC games in Smogon, and one NOC game there as well. I really sucked in that NOC game, so I asked around for where I can find more NOC games and I was suggested this forum.

I didn't want to vote Eventi either. But Salamence was breathing down my neck, and if I didn't vote and he ended up being the cop (Which I don't believe to be true), then I could have been inspected and I didn't want to do it.

I initially thought of staying with Firebringer, but then I hadn't changed my vote even once, and Klingoncelt's reason to unvote him was scummy so I kind of had to vote for him because it would feel unreal if I didn't do anything about it.

My initial plan was to keep my vote on Klingoncelt for the end of day, but then Salamence's questioning put me in a spot. So I decided what the hell, since most of the wagon is town, It would be okay to join. :shifty:
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:43 pm

Regarding our night kill, I have a few suggestions to make.

There is some bonding between Klingoncelt and Firebringer that can result in one of them to be mislynched, although I really don't like Firebringer's line of questioning :evil:

Ciara is suspected by Bacde and Duppin, so she can be framed as well I think.

No Idea about Cthulhu Dreaming, but some of his questions were really good and could be troublesome if he is more active, may be a future night kill target.

Juckter's replacement didn't do much I guess, but Juckter had gone after TheWorst and Firebringer. Could be lynched for lurking idk. Or we could kill him to frame Firebringer. Imo he is the safest Night Kill. (May not be the efficient one?)

Duppin falls under the same category of Juckter, with a little heat towards me after his kill.

TheWorst appeared scummy earlier, but is pretty townie now. Could be a decent night kill today, but he had voted for SamX once, and he had also suspected Bacde. Killing him would allow us to frame Bacde, but I think that there is more chance of it getting back fired into SamX.

Bacde I think is the best kill for us. He has been after Ciara from the start, and hasn't been contributing much with reads as well. If he is killed then none of us will get the heat and we can actually frame Ciara for the kill. (I am sure Duppin will be onto Ciara and me for that). Although, Bacde hasn't been as threatening for us during the day, so that is a point to consider.

Klingoncelt, Salamence, and Firebringer all have a lot of heat to get mislynched.

So my thinking of decent night kill choices for N1 are between: Bacde, TheWorst, Juckter, Duppin.

*Actually, my rereading of the game is helping us ^_^

Side Note: Playing as scum has thought me a lot of things that I should keep in mind, for when I am playing as town. And the fact that I am in two games right now, and being a townie in the other one is able to help me understand the differences better.

Tbh, I feel some people are suspecting me to be scum already. Like Bacde, and Salamence. But they haven't found anything majorly scummy so haven't come after me I guess?
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:48 pm

Lol, I am still in the townie mode with wall posts ^_^

But tl;dr I haven't reread the thread completely yet, and may not have the complete info for a good night kill. Although, imo Bacde, TheWorst, Juckter, Duppin in that order seem to be good candidates for today.

Also, please provide more feedback on my play. What I should be doing more, and what I should be doing less, kind of.
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:36 pm

Oh and one more thing, what is the game setup like? I read through this link, but couldn't understand how it is balanced across. In the newbie game that I was in, it was the Matrix6 setup. And in the other OC games I have played, the GM sets it up based on game balance.

I am assuming based on the guidelines the GM would have created a balanced setup for this game as well? But we we are all Mafia Goons, I can't see there being a Cop in the town. Not sure about balance though, but may be a couple of these roles? Doctor, Vigilante, Tracker, Watcher, Bodyguard, Mason, Friendly Neighbour.

Probably a Doctor and a Watcher / Tracker?
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:56 pm

Coming to think of it again, I think TheWorst is a better night kill target. Because almost everyone thinks he is town, and he found Bacde irritating and unvoted SamX immediately after he voted. So SamX can be cleaned a bit by that? Idk lol I think I am thinking too much.

This is my first game as scum in an NOC game, and even in the OC game I was excited as hell lol. Not good to feel that way I know lol, will get into my town mode during the day so dw ^_^
SamX
SamX
Goon
SamX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:56 pm

Post by SamX »

I'm seriously new. I've only played short fucked up rounds at camp with about 4 people total and 2 rounds on a different forum with very very unskilled Mafia players.

OH, AND. Is everyone else a vanilla townie? What are the distributed roles for this?

TheWorst seems like a smart guy. He obviously knows what he's doing so in the event of us screwing up, it'd be so good if he wasn't around to point it out. (Good candidate for night kill) I kind of "buddied" him so I don't think many will point fingers at me, but I did give him a "Super Town" read... BUT Fire did vote on him earlier in the day so we can frame him for it = mislynch = double win for us.

I think Fire and Bacde will be mislynched because of the same reasons they were wagoned last round.

I don't really have anything for juckter or duppin.
SamX
SamX
Goon
SamX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by SamX »

I'm also suspicious of Ciara. Goes V/LA whenever there's a pressure, but most likely could actually be on vacation...
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:06 pm

Cool, so we both agree on TheWorst.

Regarding the setup, I am not sure about it SamX. I think BananaCucho can help us with that.

Btw, you have played well SamX. That last post by you was good, just keep doing what you are doing, and we should be able to win this game.

I just followed BananaCucho the entire game, and tried to do the best I could. I guess we are kind of lucky that the town confused themselves, but can't be sure if it will last.
SamX
SamX
Goon
SamX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by SamX »

I don't think we should kill Klingon just yet... You've been the only one (as far as I remember) to have suspicions of her. We should wait until she gives more reason for the town to want to lynch her
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

I honestly have no idea about the setup and I will poke around the site to see what I can find. This is only my second game on the site actually, though I do have experience from another site. That being said I am sure it is balanced, meaning that since all three of us are goons, there's probably only 1-2 TPRs, maybe 3 max, and a whole ton of VTs. I think its safe to assume that the game is full of a bunch of VTs.

Salamance claimed town role cop so leaving him alive if his claim is truthful can be problematic down the road if he checks us and any of us claim non VT on L-1 (if he checks us we return as vanilla, but without alignment indicated) - that being said I'm not so sure that he's being truthful. Claiming with only two votes on him was so premature and I'm assuming he knows what he's doing - he could be a VT trying to be a meatbag for us to hit.

TheWorst seems like the best kill, yes. He's the only cohesive thing holding the town together. Without him only more chaos can ensue. My only worry is he seems like an obvious target for a doctor - but its early so if there is a doctor at least we'll know early.

The other question is who we should send to do the night kill. SamX had a certain level of suspicion on her at the beginning but has been written of as "new" for the moment. On the other hand both me and Gale were on the mislynch today, so we could be possible targets for a tracker or jailkeeper, so I think SamX is the best choice to send.

I think both of you are playing fine so far. This town is such a mess that I'm playing up the "frustrated town" role at the moment - I'll get aggressive again probably halfway into day 2 since that's how I usually play. One important thing to remember is to treat each other like any other player. Call each other out on things that seem scummy (don't reach too much though, but if I say something suspicious call me out and I'll play it off as nothing), and
don't be afraid to vote each other
. The reason being is because the chance of us all surviving to the end is very low. Once one of us flips as mafia, they will analyze our interactions with each other and we need to make sure that there's nothing to suspect we are teammates.

If one of us is about to be lynched, don't try to defend each other. I honestly try to avoid defending anyone at all as part of my play style to avoid suspicion of buddying but that's just me. Also, don't get too defensive. Explain why their reasoning is wrong simply, and move on. Don't claim until L-1, that's for sure.
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

A few more things:

We probably don't want to follow the same plan tomorrow. If we can pull off another mislynch its probably best if the same people from our team aren't on it unless especially needed, and especially if it's different people on the next mislynch. We don't want to be the common denominator. I'm going to go back and analyze the other people on the mislynch since that will absolutely come up tomorrow and see if there's at least two directions we can push.

Also @Gale, I appreciate the Mafia chat wall posts ;) good analysis so far
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

eventi (7)-
Salamence20
Firebringer
Klingoncelt
, The Worst, BananaCucho, Gale Wing Srock,
Bacde24

Great! Like you mentioned Gale, Salamence, Fire, and Klingon all are good mislynch targets. The only problem is if people believe Salamences rolecop claim. I can continue to lightly push on Fire and also reexamine Ciara, and you can continue to push on Kligon and hopefully one of those stick. I am a little worried that you, Gale, will be under a certain level of scrutiny tomorrow so be on your toes yet try to be consistent with your playstyle.

SamX can probably push a little on Salamence but tread lightly and try to pay attention to the towns mood. Don't be afraid to back off and use your newbieness. If you say "this seems scummy" and get a lot of flak for it from others, you can say "that's not alignment indicative? I'm sorry I didn't know" or such - use the newbieness as an excuse while continuing to put forth an effort you know?

One key is to stay consistent. Before you call someone out on something "scummy", ask yourself (and check if you're not sure) if you let someone else pass for the same thing. Another key is if you're going to vote someone, try if you can to come up with an original reason for voting for them so it doesn't look like you're sheeping them.

What do you guys think? These are just some preliminary ideas. Hopefully we can keep the town disorganized and stop any town voting blocks from forming while trying to continue to appear helpful. If we can drag out the day to the point where the lynch choices are a few other people other than us so that the town has to scramble to get a lynch off, that's good.
SamX
SamX
Goon
SamX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by SamX »

How does night-kill work?
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

One of us goes to kill one of them (you to kill TheWorst for example). That's it. As long as you're not role blocked or TheWorst isn't doctored or doesn't have a bulletproof vest or anything, his role will flip and that will also be analyzed by everyone. If a tracker follows you, they'll see you visit TheWorst but I don't think we'll have to worry about that.
SamX
SamX
Goon
SamX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:54 pm

Post by SamX »

Do I have to do anything to perform the action? Or do we just tell mod who we're going to kill?
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:56 pm

SamX, we just say, "
Sending SamX to kill TheWorst
." in this thread. And you say, "Okay."

Then our GM will execute everyone's actions based on priority and then the result will be shown in the main game thread. All of the options that Banana listed are possible results for us.

----

BC,

I agree to the strategies that you mentioned, thanks for explaining them. So we all agree on "The Worst" kill and SamX doing the kill.

Other than that, I wanted to talk about Salamence and his claim. I think Salamence is lying, because in a game with Three Mafia goons who don't have any individual night roles, Having a Role Cop makes no sense at all (Balance and Logic wise).

I think he is lying and trying to fish for other power roles, especially of mafia power roles. To see if the mafia has any power role.

I think Salamence could have one of these roles: Doctor, Body Guard, 1 shot Bullet Proof Vest or just Vanilla Town.

We should try to avoid a night kill on Salamence for the same reason, and try to lynch him during the day.

Also you are right about Doctor protecting TheWorst, but as you said it is good to know about it earlier than later. Also, if the doctor believes Salamence's claim then he will actually be protected tonight. So all the more reason to not target Salamence.

----

Agreeing to send SamX to kill TheWorst on N1
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:10 am

Post by BananaCucho »

Cool sounds good

As long as the town stays disorganized like this we should be in good shape
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:25 am

Not_Mafia, that is it from our end right? Or do we all need to explicitly confirm?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:32 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Nope, action received

Return to “Completed Game Topics”