7. Rogue: Thief
8. Rudolf Van Richten
9. Ezmerelda
10. Ireena (Tatyanna)
11. The Devil Strahd
12. Rahadin
13. Baba Lysaga

Role distribution:

You requested 1 set with 13 unique random integers, taken from the [1,13] range. The integers were not sorted.

Here is your set:

Set 1: 2, 11, 3, 12, 13, 6, 8, 5, 7, 4, 9, 10, 1
Timestamp: 2016-12-02 15:37:31 UTC

Pine - Cleric
shaddowez - The Devil Strahd
drealmerz27 - Ranger
Shaziro - Rahadin
Dunnstral - Baba Lysaga
JasonWazza - Fighter
Vedith
Culted - Rudolf Van Richten
KuroiXHF - Bard
kuror0 - Rogue
SlySly - Wizard
Persivul - Ezmerelda
Creature - Ireena
BRantz - Paladin

Paladin:
Divine Sense
-Cop ability
-2 shot
Smite
-Unlimited Vig, but lose both powers if you kill an Adventurer.

Cleric:
Cure Wounds
-3 shot doctor, night or day
Speak with Dead
-1 shot private topic between Cleric and dead person for 1 game day.

Ranger:
Animal Companion
-Allows the Ranger to track a target a night, and grants 1 shot bulletproof. If bulletproof is used, Ranger loses this feature.
Animal Messenger 1/day
-1 way communication via mod to another player with 25 word limit.
Expert Explorer
-Prevents the first negative Exploration effect of the game.

Wizard:
JOAT 1 shots
Scry
-Watcher ability
Fly
-Any target Commute
Cone of Cold
-2 target Roleblock

Bard
JOAT
Message (Unlimited, 1/day)
-Daytime neighborizer, neighborhood locks at end of day
Legend Lore (1-shot, day ability)
-Shows which quest location will result in a powerful item!
Suggestion (1-shot)
-Target changes their target for the night to the Bard's choice. They are notified.

Fighter/Eldritch Knight
Bodyguard (Useable during day events as well)
1-shot Bulletproof
Shield 1-shot
-Take this action at night to replenish your 1-shot bulletproof.

Rogue/Thief
Hider
Thievery (1-shot)
-When an item is discovered, you may steal it for yourself! Everyone is alerted that the Rogue took the item however. If you activate this ability, you gain the hated modifier for the rest of the game. You may also use this ability to take it instead of whoever got the votes for the item.

Rudolph Van Richten
Monster Hunter
-You know the following:
-Strahd knows the outcomes of any quest locations.
-He is extremely hard to kill. (bulletproof)
-Your research shows that he has 2 allies with him.
Augury
Every night, you learn a random ability of target Adventurer.
Apprentice
-You share a private topic with Ezmerelda, and are Masons together. She inherits your information and items if you die.

Ezmerelda
You are a Mason with Rudolph Van Richten, and have a private topic together. If he dies, any information that he has gathered as well as any items he may have immediately go to you.

Ireena (Tatyanna)
You have no powers, however, if the Devil Strahd himself leads the night kill on you, you will be converted to the mafia team.

Mafia:

Strahd Von Zarovitch
Godfather

The Land
-You know the outcome of any quest locations.
The Ancient
-If you are killed, you may continue to post in the mafia topic for the rest of the game.
The Darklord
-1-Shot Strongman Day Vig (Not Day 1)
-1-shot bulletproof
-You may PM the mod and have the mod post in thread anything you wish (site rules apply) as The Devil Strahd.
-If you lead the kill onto Tatyanna's Incarnation, she joins the Mafia team as a Mafia Goon.

Rahadin
Voices of the Dead
-Roleblocker, but can't target the same character more than once.
Veteran
-1-shot strongman

Baba Lysaga
Crystal Ball
-Flavor Cop
Creeping Hut
Force the party to fight the Creeping hut instead of selecting a quest. Creeping hut results in a dead adventurer unless there is an ability intervention.
Last edited by Clumsy on Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Vedith requested replace out; culted replaced in. BRantz replaced by Andrius.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Finalized N1 actions:

SlySly, Wizard
Fly
: SlySly
Kuror0, Thief Rogue
Hides: KuroiXHF
Shaziro, Rahadin
Screams of the Dead
: Pine
Pine, Cleric
Cure Wounds
: Shaziro
lol
Andrius, Paladin
Divine Sense
: Persivul
drealmerz7, Ranger
Animal Messenger
Andrius
Spoiler: Message
"I have a similar, stronger CC (ability) to Jason plus more -
it was right not to lynch me - I hope you're a True Friend

"

sign it drealmerz7 please

Shaziro, Rahadin
Night Kills:
Creature.
Culted, Richten
Augury
: Shaddowez (No result)
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by Clumsy »

N2 actions:

Kuror0: Hide: Dunnstral (Dies)
SlySly:
Cone of Cold
: drealmerz7 and Shaziro, Blocks the following: Whispers, Animal Messenger, Tracking
Shaziro:
Whispers
, Persivul, but is blocked.
Pine:
Cure Wounds
: SlySly
Andrius:
Divine Sense]: Shaziro, Returns Mafia
Culted:
Auguary
, Andrius: Divine Sense
drealmerz7: Track: Kuror0, Blocked.
Dunnstral: Crystal Ball: SlySly, Wizard
drealmerz7:
Animal Messenger
, Shaziro, Blocked
Shaziro: Strongman kill drealmerz7, kill successful because of Strongman.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Post by Clumsy »

1- Pine
2- Culted
3- KuroiXHF
4- SlySly
5- Persivul
6- Andrius

Original Roll String: 1d6
1 6-Sided Dice: (5) = 5
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Clumsy »

N3 actions:
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:23 am

Post by Clumsy »

I want to hear your guys' opinions of this game. It was only my 2nd game, and I think there's a lot I can learn from it.

Self reflections:

This game seemed to be townsided after being able to look back on it, which was a shame. I don't think it was as townsided as it looks, however, because Shaddowez never used his day-vig, which when combined with the flavor cop (that Dunn also forgot to use N1) could take out a big town PR, like Cleric or Paladin, and would have changed the game considerably. The traitor dying was also unfortunate for mafia. Town also performed very well with the information they received, although I do think that town should have had less Informative Roles looking back.

The first iteration of this game actually had both sides a bit stronger, but Mafia much more so. Strahd in my initial iteration was 2-shot bulletproof instead of 1, and had the ability to cast a hammer vote while dead (once only). In the second iteration, that was made to deactivate in Lylo, and in the third, removed altogether because I thought mafia was too strong.

The reason I thought that this game may have been scum sided (and thus the strong town here) is because of the potential of the scum team.

10 Town 3 Scum
Day 1 town mislynches (as is statistically normal), 9/3
Night 1 Kill, Crystal ball finds Cleric/Paladin/Other strong role, 8/3
Day 2 Day Vig found target, mislynch. 6/3
Night 2 Kill, 5/3
Starting Day 3 at 5/3

5/3 that quickly is a big deal. It gets even crazier when you consider if Strahd found Ireena, those numbers turn into

End of Day 1: 9/3
Conversion in night: 8/4
Day vig, mislynch: 6/4
Night 2 kill, starting day 3 with: 5/4

None of this is even counting the quests, which could result in (at max in 3 days) 3 deaths, or at the very least some protective charges being blown (and therefore not used during the night). Realistically, I was expecting about 1 item to be found, 1 death prevented, and 1 death not prevented.

Scum took several gambits that ended up making the game harder for them. Dunn's Miller claim, Shaziro trying (and successfully, for a while) to guide the group onto item paths, for towncred. Unfortunately, that towncred ran out with the Paladin finding him, and the items just made town stronger.

While I feel like town was a good bit too strong, I do think that if I ran this setup again 5 more times, the outcomes would be fairly different, but ultimately townsided.

Also, mod mistakes on my part:

I included Shaziro's name in a cop PM, which was a result of getting too into the flavor. :shifty: I honestly don't think it would have changed anything in this game, but an important lesson to learn for future games, especially since we did indeed have a re-director in the game.

Too many of the same type of role. I had a Hider, a Cop, a Watcher, two Masons, and a Tracker at the same time. While all fit flavor-wise, it was a bit too easy to figure out the game. I also think I had too many ways to defend against the bad outcomes of quests. 3-shot Doctor, Bodyguard with realistically 2-shot bulletproof, and Ranger with 1-shot auto escape was too much, because I didn't really think about the fact that we would probably only have 3/4 days of quests, with at most 75% being bad outcome. The intention was to have them decide whether or not to use their shots at night, or the random person that got killed during the day, as well as the cleric not being able to target himself. Especially with me rolling the refresher item so early, it was too much. This amount in a large game might be more suitable.

Scum team balance. I put a lot of scum's power into Strahd because it fit the flavor, big vampire lord and his henchmen. I knew that if Strahd was hung, mafia was down a big big bit of power, so I made some of his power useful after death (Day Vig could be early enough to be used 83% of the time, the ultimately nixed From the Grave Hammer Vote, and knowing the quest locations in conjunction with being able to talk to the team after death as well). Knowing what I do now with how this game turned out, I would have taken a little bit of investigation power away from town, and added in 1 power for each Dunnstral and Shaziro.

I liked the idea of the quest system, however I do think that it has more of a place in a large game, because we only got to do 3 locations out of the 14 I had planned. A large game with this system would be more interesting and allow more quests to be done.

I think there was a little bit of confusion with the quests as well. I saw that drealmerz7 was talking about "Actually going on a quest, not getting items". However, the outcomes of the quests were one of the following:

Beneficial, usually an item or clues to where the good items were
Neutral, where nothing of note happens (Skeletal Rider)
Detrimental, usually a party member dying (but opportunities for Cleric/Fighter/Ranger saving them), sometimes roleblocking at random or losing shots of abilities.

I think I will nix this quest system until I run a Large game version of D&D. Minis just don't last long enough to make it worthwhile.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”