al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Organic Chemistry [INORGANIC MAFIA]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 9:36 am

Post by Antihero »

Welcome

Fake Role PMs (VANILLA TOWNIES)

Spoiler: Fake VT role pms
Acrylic acid undergoes the typical reactions of a carboxylic acid and, when reacted with an alcohol, it will form the corresponding ester. The esters and salts of acrylic acid are collectively known as acrylates (or propenoates). The most common alkyl esters of acrylic acid are methyl-, butyl-, ethyl-, and 2-ethylhexyl-acrylate.

Acrylic acid and its esters readily combine with themselves (to form polyacrylic acid) or other monomers (e.g. acrylamides, acrylonitrile, vinyl, styrene, and butadiene) by reacting at their double bond, forming homopolymers or copolymers which are used in the manufacture of various plastics, coatings, adhesives, elastomers, as well as floor polishes, and paints.

Compound:
Acrylic Acid

Alignment:
Town

Role:
Vanilla

SELF-POLYMERIZATION
: You have your vote and your voice. And 48 hours to chill at the end of every day.

Win Condition: You when when all mafia-aligned players are eliminated.
Chloroform is a common solvent in the laboratory because it is relatively unreactive, miscible with most organic liquids, not flammable and conveniently volatile. Chloroform is used as a solvent in the pharmaceutical industry and for producing dyes and pesticides. Chloroform is an effective solvent for alkaloids in their base form and thus plant material is commonly extracted with chloroform for pharmaceutical processing. For example, it is used in commerce to extract morphine from poppies and scopolamine from Datura plants.

It can be used to bond pieces of acrylic glass (also known under the trade names Perspex and Plexiglas).

A solvent of phenol, chloroform, and isoamyl alcohol in a 25:24:1 ratio is used to dissolve non-nucleic acid biomolecules in DNA and RNA extractions.

Chloroform containing deuterium (heavy hydrogen), CDCl3, is a common solvent used in NMR spectroscopy.

Chloroform exhibits some chemical interaction with polypropylene. Longer term (multi-hour) storage of chloroform in polypropylene containers is not advised.

Compound:
Chloroform

Alignment:
Town

Role:
Vanilla

ORGANIC EXTRACTIONS
: You have your vote and your voice. And 48 hours to chill at the end of every day.

Diphenylzinc is an organozinc compound. It is commonly used as the synthetic equivalent of a Ph synthon. Solvent-free diphenylzinc exists as dimeric PhZn(μ-Ph)2ZnPh molecules in solid state. Diphenylzinc is commercially available. It may be prepared by reaction of phenyllithium with zinc bromide. It may also be prepared by the reaction of diphenylmercury with zinc metal.

Compound:
Diphenylzinc

Alignment:
Town

Role:
Vanilla

NUCLEOPHILIC PHENYL SYNTHON

Benzoyl peroxide is an organic compound in the peroxide family. It consists of two benzoyl groups bridged by a peroxide link. Its structural formula is [C6H5C(O)]2O2. It is one of the most important organic peroxides in terms of applications and the scale of its production. Benzoyl peroxide is used as an acne treatment, for improving flour, for bleaching hair and teeth, for polymerising polyester and many other uses.

It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, a list of the most important medication needed in a basic health system.

Benzoyl peroxide breaks down in contact with skin, producing benzoic acid and oxygen, neither of which is significantly toxic. It is important to note that the safety of the decomposition products does not mean that the substance itself is safe, as it is benzoyl peroxide's action as an oxidizing agent that is of importance. Hydrogen peroxide can be corrosive due to its oxidizing properties, but decomposes to form water and oxygen. Sodium hypochlorite (commonly known as "bleach") also shares these properties, but disproportionates to form harmless products such as sodium chloride

Compound:
Benzoyl Peroxide

Alignment:
Town

Role:
Vanilla

BLEACHING AGENT AND RADICAL FORMATION

Fake Role PMs (VARIOUS POWER ROLES)

In industry, hexanes are used in the formulation of glues for shoes, leather products, and roofing. They are also used to extract cooking oils (such as canola oil) from seeds, for cleansing and degreasing a variety of items, and in textile manufacturing.

A typical laboratory use of hexanes is to extract oil and grease contaminants from water and soil for analysis. Since hexane cannot be easily deprotonated, it is used in the laboratory for reactions that involve very strong bases, such as the preparation of organolithiums. For example, butyllithiums are typically supplied as a hexane solution.

In many applications (especially pharmaceutical), the use of n-hexane is being phased out due to its long term toxicity. It is often replaced by n-heptane, which will not form the toxic metabolite hexane-2,5-dione.

Compound:
n
-hexane

Alignment:
Town

Role:
Bulletproof

NON-REACTIVE
: All non-lynch attempts to eliminate you will fail.

Cucurbiturils are efficient host molecules in molecular recognition and have a particularly high affinity for positively charged or cationic compounds. High association constants with positively charged molecules are attributed to the carbonyl groups that line each end of the cavity and can interact with cations in a similar fashion to crown ethers. The affinity of cucurbiturils can be very high. For example the affinity equilibrium constant of cururbit[7]uril with the positively charged 1-aminoadamantane hydrochloride is experimentally determined at 4.23*1012.

Host guest interactions also significantly influence solubility behavior of cucurbiturils. Cucurbit[6]uril dissolves poorly in just about any solvent but solubility is greatly improved in a solution of potassium hydroxide or in an acidic solution. The cavitand forms a positively charged inclusion compound with a potassium ion or a hydronium ion respectively which have much greater solubility that the uncomplexed neutral molecule.

CB[10] is large enough to hold other molecular hosts such as a calixarene molecule. With a calixarene guest different chemical conformations (cone, 1,2-alternate, 1,3-alternate) are in rapid equilibrium. Allosteric control is provided when an adamantane molecule forces a cone conformation with a calixarene - adamantane inclusion complex within a CB[10] molecule.

Compound:
Cucurbit[6]uril

Alignment:
Town

Role:
Inventor

SUPRAMOLECULAR HOST-GUEST CHEMISTRY
: Every day, you may give a one-shot jailkeeper ability to another player. You may not gift yourself.

2,4-Dinitrophenol is a yellow, crystalline solid that has a sweet, musty odor. It sublimes when carefully heated and is volatile with steam. It is soluble in ethyl acetate, acetone, chloroform, pyridine, carbon tetrachloride, toluene, alcohol, benzene, and aqueous alkaline solutions. Its crystalline sodium salts are also soluble in water. It forms explosive salts with alkalies and ammonia, and emits toxic fumes of nitrogen oxides when heated to decomposition.
Commercial DNP is primarily used for scientific research and in manufacturing. It has been used at times to make dyes, other organic chemicals, and wood preservatives. DNP is a chemical intermediate in the production of some herbicides including dinoseb and dinoterb. It has also been used to make photographic developer and explosives.

Compound:
Dinitrophenol

Alignment:
Town

Role:
Rolecop

ALDEHYDE AND KETONE STAIN
: At night, you may target another player and learn their role.

4-Toluenesulfonyl chloride (p-toluenesulfonyl chloride, toluene-p-sulfonyl chloride) is an organic compound with the formula CH3C6H4SO2Cl. This white, malodorous solid is a reagent widely used in organic synthesis. Abbreviated TsCl or TosCl, it is a derivative of toluene and contains a sulfonyl chloride (-SO2Cl) functional group. In characteristic manner, TsCl converts alcohols (abbreviated ROH) into the corresponding toluenesulfonate esters, or tosyl derivatives ("tosylates").

Compound:
4-Toluenesulfonyl chloride

Alignment:
Town

Role:
Back-up Inventor

CONVERSION TO A GOOD LEAVING GROUP
: You will inherit the ability of the first inventor to be eliminated from the game.

Last edited by Antihero on Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:47 am, edited 8 times in total.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 9:44 am

Post by Antihero »

REAL ROLE PMs (these aren't fake)

ZZZX
Arsenic acid is the chemical compound with the formula H3AsO4. More descriptively written as AsO(OH)3, this colorless acid is the arsenic analogue of phosphoric acid. Arsenate and phosphate salts behave very similarly. Arsenic acid as such has not been isolated, but only found in solution where it is largely ionized. Its hemihydrate form (H3AsO4·½H2O) does form stable crystals. Crystalline samples dehydrate with condensation at 100 °C.

Compound:
Arsenic Acid

Alignment:
Mafia

Teammates: X, Y, and Z
Role:
Vanilla

Private Topic: [topic]

TOXIC AND HARMFUL TO THE ENVIRONMENT
: As per usual, mafia have a factional kill and can talk in the private topic.

Win Condition: You win when mafia make up at least 50% of the living population.
pirate mollie
Iodine is useful in analytical chemistry because of its reactions with alkenes, starch and oxidizing and reducing agents. The highly colored species involved in these reactions make it easy to detect the endpoints in many analytical determinations. Iodine is a common general stain used in thin-layer chromatography. Iodine forms an intense blue complex with the glucose polymers starch and glycogen.

Compound:
Iodine

Alignment:
Mafia

Role:
Rolecop

TLC STAIN
: At night, you may target another player and learn their role.

Win Condition: You win when mafia make up at least 50% of the living population.
PeregrineV
Nickel is a chemical element with the chemical symbol Ni and atomic number 28. It is a silvery-white lustrous metal with a slight golden tinge. Nickel belongs to the transition metals and is hard and ductile. Pure nickel shows a significant chemical activity that can be observed when nickel is powdered to maximize the exposed surface area on which reactions can occur, but larger pieces of the metal are slow to react with air at ambient conditions due to the formation of a protective oxide surface. Even then, nickel is reactive enough with oxygen that native nickel is rarely found on Earth's surface, being mostly confined to the interiors of larger nickel–iron meteorites that were protected from oxidation during their time in space.

Compound:
Nickel

Alignment:
Mafia

Role:
Encryptor

FERROMAGNETIC
: As long as you are alive, your private topic will remain open at all times.

Speedy Saki
Ammonia, or azane, is a compound of nitrogen and hydrogen with the formula NH3. It is a colourless gas with a characteristic pungent smell. Ammonia contributes significantly to the nutritional needs of terrestrial organisms by serving as a precursor to food and fertilizers. Ammonia, either directly or indirectly, is also a building-block for the synthesis of many pharmaceuticals and is used in many commercial cleaning products. Although in wide use, ammonia is both caustic and hazardous.

Compound:
Ammonium/Ammonia Buffer Solution

Alignment:
Mafia

Role:
Inventor

PH CONTROL
: Every day, you may give a one-shot jailkeeper ability to another player. You may not gift yourself.

Last edited by Antihero on Sun May 18, 2014 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Yes! Scum! With another bastard scum team!!!!!!!!!

MOLLIE I <3 YOU

zzzx mabe you too O.o

Why is nickel scum? Flavor wise?

The only element I have not learnt in chemistry class is Arsenic acid. I only heard of it as arsenic in the periodic table but not as acid form
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Also lol perev scum again

I have seen you scum like what... 5 times now? ;)

Let's rock
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

@mod

Fakeclaims please
oopsies! haha!

Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by Saki »

hiiiiii mollie
who wants the jailkeep?
retired
LoL - Atlantica / Viera Assassin (NA)
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
GTKAS: Saki
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 7:21 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

we need an avatar
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Zzzx have you played scum before? I am worried that you don't know how to play scum
oopsies! haha!

ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 12:09 am

Post by ZZZX »

I do know some sick bastard moves as scum. But my main play is already decided.

I derp town and you basically meta me. Thats for begining.

Now for fake claims...
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 12:10 am

Post by ZZZX »

if you got what I mean.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 12:12 am

Post by ZZZX »

Also I have a plan just in case. If there seems to be no more protective roles in the game you can feel free to "scum hunt me" and get me lynched. But try to be realistic just to be safe not to be caught bussing.

I dont usually get scum. My only game as scum was when I had a problem and came a day too late and I was already investigated.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 1:18 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

yea that was the whole point of why you got the vanilla role while the rest of us are the PRs
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 1:18 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

always check this thread before posting in the main game thread.

we have daytalk so that is good.
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 1:20 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

oh yes mollies

remember what i said about my strengths and weaknesses as scum? now you get to see it in real life action :>
oopsies! haha!

ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 1:30 am

Post by ZZZX »

Well One last thing. Should I derp or try to act so towny? I will scum read without actually looking at names. Dont take it personally if I slightly push someone because I will scum hunt just as I do as town. This game should be intresting. Both me and MS dont get scum all that often.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 2:59 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 2, Metal Sonic wrote:Why is nickel scum? Flavor wise?
the common thread in yalls' flavors is that you're
in
organic. that is, you don't have carbon.
Now for fake claims...
oh, yeah, i almost forgot...

if you need a fake role PM, just tell me what role you want. i'll come up with the flavor and whip you up a fake role PM and post it here.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 3:01 am

Post by ZZZX »

I want a Bullet Proof Townie.

I will build up my play for that.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 3:02 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 4, Metal Sonic wrote:Fakeclaims please
alright, i'll come up with some VT role PMs. i'll also come up with a "town inventor" counterpart PM for Speedy Saki's role. are there any other roles you want?

p.edit: I want a Bullet Proof Townie.

got it
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 3:11 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 17, Antihero wrote:
In post 4, Metal Sonic wrote:Fakeclaims please
alright, i'll come up with some VT role PMs. i'll also come up with a "town inventor" counterpart PM for Speedy Saki's role. are there any other roles you want?

p.edit: I want a Bullet Proof Townie.

got it
Thanks
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 5:05 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

Give mollie her copper fakeclaim too

Yes an inventor fakeclaim would be nice. My role can be the same, just change my faction
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 5:05 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

And flavor ofc
oopsies! haha!

ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 5:14 am

Post by ZZZX »

Oh yea also I got an interesting tactic I used to do at server mafia as scum. Its very simple and yet effective.

I want to find the first derp town we can find that is read as scum... and make sure he survives. I will push him as derp town and if he survives to lylo he can be my puppet. But how exactly it goes depends on who that derp happens to be.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 6:55 am

Post by ZZZX »

Where is the rest of our scum team. :<
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 7:41 am

Post by Antihero »

i edited fake role PMs into the first post.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2014 7:48 am

Post by ZZZX »

Lovely Flavor! lol.

Gives me a smile when I can draw the "models" of all those organic chemicals and explain them. Anyway thanks!

Return to “Completed Game Topics”