Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

PV/Thor DS9 Neighbor Thread

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:33 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

This is the private topic for PV and Thor
Last edited by MonkeyMan576 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:01 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Hey, heading home now, but will try to drop by later tonight.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I am intentionally not bothering to reveal this to the game.

If you are town, scum doesn't need to know and town who suspect you shouldn't be swayed, and if you are scum then town doesn't need to know as it may make idiots decide it makes you more townish, and scum already knows so who cares.

I tend not to be a big believer in T/T non-mason QTs outside of power role info, as theoretically scumhunting should happen in thread regardless.
If you aren't going to answer Titus in thread I'd like to see you answer here at the very least.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Also, could you confirm for me, explicitly, your two questions?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:25 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2, Thor665 wrote:I am intentionally not bothering to reveal this to the game.

If you are town, scum doesn't need to know and town who suspect you shouldn't be swayed, and if you are scum then town doesn't need to know as it may make idiots decide it makes you more townish, and scum already knows so who cares.

I tend not to be a big believer in T/T non-mason QTs outside of power role info, as theoretically scumhunting should happen in thread regardless.
If you aren't going to answer Titus in thread I'd like to see you answer here at the very least.

Scum will figure out I used it I figured I won;t bother since I haven't been. I'd normally not bother, since I consider you, in general, to be a high-value NK. But, in this game, with so many confirmed town about, I figured even one day is better than nothing.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:36 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3, Thor665 wrote:Also, could you confirm for me, explicitly, your two questions?

After that thing with RIP, I don't want to say verbatim, but I bacisally requested the setup sans player names, which my role description allows me to do. I did it in two parts, and the answers allowed me to leave my thread crumb and then confirm when the other claims started coming out.

That also leads me to the other thing I did want to mention.

The final town PR is a Thief. They cannot operate twice in a row. (I don't know if that means they can't target the same person, or if they can't use their ability two nights in a row. I get the role name, not clarification.)

This is good in that I *hope* they may have info on a known scumrole. Since they haven't claimed yet, I doubt it.

I also hope that it's not Gumball, since he is already cleared by Narinain (I hope).

But, if that were the case, he would have claimed already, also. So guessing Gumball is the Thief. But, scum should have no knowledge of the role's existence, so if they attempt a fakeclaim, they can hopefully be caught.

Whoever they are, they used it on me last night. And I'm not sure, but I think they got a neighborizing ability. Or they just stopped me from using one. Don't care much either way, but keep an ear out for later claims.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:38 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Some more clairty-

There is town.
There is all others.

My scum roles were for all others.

This means, in theory, Klingon (or any of the roles, really) could actually be Third-Party of some sort. I half expected that claim to come out when Klingon claimed, but it didn't. But, it might in the future.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:39 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Yeah, so the last 2 are VTs, easy to fakeclaim for scum, with Psyche being the only one that could have caught them out, making him the NK once the RB was gone.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

So you had multiple Neighborizing attempts and lost one?

I agree with you that the Tracker kill does make sense in a general sense.

I've actually never seen a Thief role in a game, so props to the mod for helping me learn something.

Could you explicitly state my role to me as it appears in the mod's setup?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:45 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Furthermore, I don't think the timing of Hermit's claim was at all coincidental. He was lurking just as fine as could be with only you chasing him, and a ton of pressure on Titus. Scum does not relieve that pressure on town, especially after I claimed to have all their roles.

The smartest thing for them to do was all claim VT, forcing us to root them out via lynch. The fact they didn't means they think they found a way to win anyway, which I am sure is the doctor claim. Which is why I think Titus was pushing it so hard.

Unfortunately, I've seen Titus be just as pig-headed as town, so I'm more conflicted in my read on her than I probably should be. But, just looking at her illogical attitude compared with the mafia dating game that just finished, she probably is scum.

Even so, her's is a "possibility" whereas Klingon claimed his role which is not town.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 9, PeregrineV wrote:Furthermore, I don't think the timing of Hermit's claim was at all coincidental. He was lurking just as fine as could be with only you chasing him, and a ton of pressure on Titus. Scum does not relieve that pressure on town, especially after I claimed to have all their roles.

I am still failing to grok how that claim helped Titus.
Especially at the loss of a roleblocker.

In post 8, Thor665 wrote:Could you explicitly state my role to me as it appears in the mod's setup?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:51 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 8, Thor665 wrote:So you had multiple Neighborizing attempts and lost one?

I agree with you that the Tracker kill does make sense in a general sense.

I've actually never seen a Thief role in a game, so props to the mod for helping me learn something.

Could you explicitly state my role to me as it appears in the mod's setup?

I thought I lost the first, but I kept it, which made me think "not roleblocked". But, in checking the wiki, theme games have the option of using up or not using up the shot. So, from the looks of it, I probably was roleblocked.

But, that left me 2 shots, one of which I used last night for this PT today.

Your role? I think you said it best.
In post 3181, Thor665 wrote:'post restricted townie

Except you are also Non-Chocolate to go with your townie.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:55 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 10, Thor665 wrote:
In post 9, PeregrineV wrote:Furthermore, I don't think the timing of Hermit's claim was at all coincidental. He was lurking just as fine as could be with only you chasing him, and a ton of pressure on Titus. Scum does not relieve that pressure on town, especially after I claimed to have all their roles.

I am still failing to grok how that claim helped Titus.
Especially at the loss of a roleblocker.

In post 8, Thor665 wrote:Could you explicitly state my role to me as it appears in the mod's setup?

Well, our cop was dead, our vig was dead, they had the protective role so could assume we did not, and all our other claims didn't really require targets, so Hermit's PR usefuleness was at an end. Except as sacrificial lamb. And looking at the roles, what role should be saved, if bussing had to occur? What player should be saved, if bussing had to occur?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 10, Thor665 wrote:I am still failing to grok how that claim helped Titus.

:?:

In post 11, PeregrineV wrote:Your role? I think you said it best.

So you are explicitly calling me a Post Restricted Vanilla Townie?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:07 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 13, Thor665 wrote:
In post 11, PeregrineV wrote:Your role? I think you said it best.

So you are explicitly calling me a Post Restricted Vanilla Townie?

Yes.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:09 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 13, Thor665 wrote:
In post 10, Thor665 wrote:I am still failing to grok how that claim helped Titus.

:?:

Titus, who was L-1 or L-2, was not lynched. Instead, the guy who was L-6 was lynched after he made a claim that he had no reason to make as scum.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

So why would Titus, a player with a vast amount of suspicion on him (as shown by L-1) be more valuable than the player Thor couldn't get lynched?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:19 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Before I go to the main thread, another possible thought about Klingon. If he has the ability to treestump out of the lynch, we will (sort of) have wasted our lynch. He will be out of the voting/player pool, but not dead.

I can only guess that we can still win with him as a stump.

Would be nice to make him self-stump without lynching him first, as that would give us another pass at the last 2, and a mislynch wouldn't be so deadly.

Also, draw out his reads some more, and why he has players where they are. If we leave room for hope, maybe he will point out his buddies, whether he means to or not.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:25 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 16, Thor665 wrote:So why would Titus, a player with a vast amount of suspicion on him (as shown by L-1) be more valuable than the player Thor couldn't get lynched?

The doctor claim. Go look at he posts for yester-game-day.

Plus, she is obviously better at posting, keeping town unbalanaced, etc. than Hermit was.

And you were pushing, but not pushing as hard as sinsun, etc.was for the Titus lynch.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:40 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4363, Sinsun1 wrote:Sorry Gumball XD forgot you were in the game. :P Then we need Daves, Thor and Suzune. Then we got scum.

Literally, right now town has control of this game. Between PereV, me, Gumball, Thor, Suzune and Daves, we can control the lynches to fall on the scum even as we get picked off at night. So as long as we can keep our trust in each other and see facts for what they are, we're going to avenge all the fallen town and win this game for the town!

This is a good point about another concern- Dave.

Part of me says that if he were scum, then the scum team would have known not to claim based on the colored crumb I left.
In post 2935, davesaz wrote:
In post 2930, PeregrineV wrote:@Thor- sounds good

Vote: CDB

I'm motivated to find scum, but the doctor has been doing a shit job, and I think the "tracker" is also scum, and if he doesn't get lynched, he'll probably be roleblocked anyway. It would be nice if I could just tree stump myself like that one game, (but I waited too long). Oh well.

<removed color tags, I use dark skin and the text was hard to read>

Interesting choice of words. A couple of them make me want to hit the wiki. Care to fill us in on which game you're referring to?

Dave did notice and pointed it out. Which leads to my issues.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:49 am

Post by PeregrineV »

1. When I claimed to have "solved the game" and claimed Oracle, and confirmed the 6 of us, scum could have jumped at that chance by getting their claims in early, espcially if they didn;t beleive me. But, since I did out therei whole team roles, that gave them a good reason TO believe me.

If Dave were scum, would he have made a public post about the color weirdness? Or would the team keep it to themselves for some future purpose?

I do think they noticed, because otherwise the treestump and doctor and motivator roles could have put themselves out there way early on for town credit, since those are usually town roles.

So, did they see what Dave pointed out (which scared them off claiming), or did Dave give it to his team, and then make his post to try and get more info from/about me?
(in that case, if I did out all their roles, shouldn't they NK me right away? Instead they kill Narinain? They either say crumbs from him, tracked him, or just really hated his reads more than they worried about whatever they knew).

Or I'm overthinking it, and scum was just super cautious despite all the town-sounding roles they have.

anyway, just putting that out there, since I kind of ignored his post and he didn't press it either.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:50 am

Post by PeregrineV »

My typing sucks.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:08 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Titus will not slip anything, she will be consistent but adamant, and she probably won't even do it, but I always feel like I got to try.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Dave pretty much claimed town thief. I don't know if he gets to use my neighborize, but the blocked Aspect from the wiki has been realized.

I don't thnk he wants to be outed, but it needs to be known he is the last town pr.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:18 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Phone posting, so kind of sucks.