Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini Normal 1716 - Neighbour PT

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by Draynth »

Welcome to the Mini Normal 1716 Neighbour Chat. You may talk in this chat during Pre-game, Day phases and Night phases. If a player is chosen, they will be added to this PT at the end of each night phase/Beginning of each Day Phase.
Last edited by Draynth on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:26 am, edited 7 times in total.
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:05 am

Post by Draynth »

Feel free to post who you wish to add to the neighbourhood in this thread if you like, just make sure to bold it. Otherwise simply PM me.
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:01 am

Post by Cavane »

I PMed you, but just in case,
add: Bacde
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:07 am

Post by Draynth »

Yeah I caught it, Bacde will be added at the beginning of Day 2

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:23 am

Post by Draynth »

Nevermind

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:25 am

Post by Draynth »

Catboi has been added.

Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:31 am

Post by Cavane »

Hey catboi! Just to get you up to speed, I tried to add Bacde to the neighborhood night one, but he was killed. So it's just you and me for now.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by catboi »

Why'd you add me? Why'd you add bacde night 1?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by catboi »

As it stands right now I have very little handle on you or your reads this game so I'd like to see a list of reads with reasons from you, as well.
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:21 pm

Post by Cavane »

I wanted Bacde because despite my early suspicion, by the end of the day I was fairly confident he was town and I thought I could benefit from his experience. You, I added because I'm leaning town on you (although I'm not completely sure) but mostly to confirm myself town to you, as you were the main leader in the case against me. It seemed the best move overall. I need to get to work, but I'll post my reads when I get home.
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:19 pm

Post by Cavane »

RadiantCowbells: Minor scum. I'm disliking his incessant push on Fuzzy more and more. Not that I find Fuzzy particularly townish, but I don't think it's that strong a case. Certainly not strong enough to push as hard as he is when we're MyLo.

TheFuzzyLogic99 (0): Town lean. I could really see him going either way, but scum have no reason to push for a lynch on one of their own at this point.

ConManMick (0): Null. He's been so inactive and lacking in content it's hard to get any solid read. I'm gonna look back at his stuff in the near future and see if I can get anything better.

Vedith: Scum lean. I really didn't like his attempt to make us hunt the SK Day 2.

Aneninen: Confirmed mason.

Catboi: Leaning town on you.

ChannelDeliBird: Had strong town read when he showed up initially, but his activity dropped off sharply, which is disappointing. Not sure if that signifies anything. Still feeling town overall.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:02 pm

Post by catboi »

You need to post in the main thread.

A little skeptical of you right now but I'm going to try my best to look past my own bias and try to hear you out.

Why's vedith discussing hunting the SK a scum tell? He certainly wasn't the only one to do so, and his rationale for doing so is perfectly sensible in that he wanted to remove a nightkill.

What's your read on fuzzylogic, independent of RC? I don't like basing a read solely off the assumption another player is scum. Too much of a leap for me to make.

Why was CDB a town read?

Why do you have 2 scum reads when we know there's 3 scum alive?
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by Cavane »

Yeah, I'm about to.

Why are you still skeptical? Do you think a scum neighborhood would exist in a 9:3:1 setup?

If anyone else brought it up, I didn't notice. I thought it was pretty obviously a bad idea to focus the SK after 3 townies died Day 1. Lynching the SK Day 2 immediately put us in MyLo, whereas had we lynched scum there was at least the possibility of avoiding MyLo if the SK targeted another scum. When all it took was a little thought to realize that the two outcomes were certain MyLo versus probable MyLo, yes pushing for the certain MyLo scenario is scummy to me.

I'll do a reread on Fuzzy and his predecessors this weekend when I get some time and see what I come up with independently. You have a fair point.

I have CDB pegged as town because I agreed with almost everything he said, especially early on. He also elected not to jump on my wagon, which was fairly strong at the time. I believe I was at L-3 at the time, so that would have been a pretty good time for scum to jump on without looking too bad for lynching a townie.

I'm aware there are 3 scum, but I don't have 3 solid scum reads. If I had to pick 3, it'd be RC, Vedith, and CMM.

Where are your reads currently?
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:36 pm

Post by Cavane »

Actually, scratch that. I don't think it's possible that both Vedith and CMM are scum. Check my main forum post for reasoning.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:55 pm

Post by catboi »

I'm not ruling anything out but you obviously didn't submit the nightkill so you're off the table for now.

I think vedith's thought process came from a legitimate place, but on a reread of him he shows fewer sins of legitimate scumhunting than I'd like

Agreeing with someone's reads, though, doesn't necessarily make them town and in CDB's case I thought a lot of his reasoning was sloppy/weak - not all of it, I agreed with some of his reads (but of course muffin's slot turned out to be town), but it didn't come across as particularly genuine scumhunting and his fade from the thread since then says a lot more to me.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:55 pm

Post by catboi »

I'd doubt they'd be likely to be partners - especially on day 2, scum had very little incentive to bus.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:41 pm

Post by catboi »

I can also say that pushing like this is consistent with how RC plays as town. I can't say I'm 100% confident he's town, but he's the closest thing I have to a townread at this point.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:38 pm

Post by catboi »

and if you think vedith/cmm are unlikely to be paired, means one of your town reads is wrong
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:18 am

Post by Draynth »

I'm currently looking for a replacement for Cavane, whenever I do I'll post it here and in the main thread

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:18 am

Post by Draynth »

Dierfire replaces Cavane

Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:39 am

Post by Dierfire »

I haven't read yet. I see that we still have a bit of time, so I'll try to read before I choose which player to add. Which player would you recommend and why?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by catboi »

I didn't trust your predecessor whatsoever and I don't have reads I'm confident in expressing save that CDB should probably be lynched. I'd add radiantcowbells if anything but there are not a lot of people I'd consider great targets.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by Dierfire »

I've finished reading through, and I've made my selection. I don't imagine that there will be much more to discuss here until the main thread opens.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:41 am

Post by Draynth »

Welcome Vedith!

Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:04 am

Post by Dierfire »

So, I'm not entirely convinced that we've much to gain from this Neighborhood, but I wanted it available just in case.

@Catboi

Your distrust is understandable but shortsighted. Why would this game design have a Mafia player with my role?

Return to “Completed Game Topics”