Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

N1671 IC confessional PT

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:36 pm

Post by Plotinus »

navigation - town Raskolnikov #s
- town Sarg/maxspir #s

I just hope I'm town. Haven't been town in a newbie game since May and it's getting a little bit old. Either town, or scum with a newbie partner.

People with access to this PT: Public
Last edited by Plotinus on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:36 pm

Post by Plotinus »

1. Owned
    - new new, but has managed to get an avatar and fill out their profile so maybe they'll stick around!

2. MormonCoffee
    - joined in 2012 but only completed 1 game. Was scum in Mini 1337, said they'd played about 8 games on another forum. Prefers being town. Is capable of basic scumhunting as scum. Was replaced for not posting in the thread after being prodded on day 1. Didn't say anything in the QT pregame. was town in n1240 and was killed night 1. I can understand the language their signature is in!
  3. Aurora
    - newnew but has a pretty avatar
  4. KuroiXHF
    - newnew but has found the newbie introductions thread. Tried to sign up for a game i'm going to be hydraing in but i don't know if they got in or not (there's an experience requirement)
  5. Raskolnikov
    - has 1 finished game but it's not completed so we can't talk about it. I've been spectating it unofficially though. Going to count em as newnew anyway.
  6. Freshmaniscoolman
    - joined in 2013 but doesn't have many completed games. Was town innocent child in micro 149 and was very fluffy, then flaked. Was scum in n1343 and was lynched day 2. replaced in, people said his predecessor was scummy, was very defensive and didn't scumhunt and then they lynched him. was scum in micro 289 and was again very defensive and didn't scumhunt and then flaked. Was town in o493 and wrote 2-3 fluff posts, then flaked. was town doctor in n1564 and managed to do a tiny bit of scumhunting before flaking. So flaking isn't alignment indicative for him, he's very defensive as scum, doesn't scumhunt as scum, can scumhunt a tiny bit sometimes as town.

7. Jake
    - tunnelly. not really sure how to read him. he modded my first newbie game! :]
  8. PhantomCobalt
    - not really sure how to read him, he seems to troll as both alignments which is annoying.
  9. Plotinus
    - :good:

I think with this playerlist I would most prefer to be scum with a newbie buddy and then I can just lynch the SEs. if i'm town i'll actually have to care about figuring out their alignments and that's harrrrd. Maybe i'll just PoE the SEs though, newbies are easier to read and if none of them are scum then the SEs are scum!

This is as much legwork as I can do without a role PM.
Last edited by Plotinus on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:39 pm

Post by Plotinus »

If some of them don't confirm, our buffer newbies are: Maxspir_7 (who is newnew and has an avatar and has discovered mishmash) and franksa (who is newnew and had an avatar and seems to be from my country! yay!)

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:04 am

Post by Plotinus »

Whee I'm a VT. So far so good!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Read as of post 15 (lol)

nulltown (in order): franksa, MormonCoffee, Aurora

null: Maxspir_7, KuroiXHF, Raskolnikov, Jake from State Farm, PhantomCobalt

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:18 am

Post by Plotinus »

KuroiXHF is probably scum.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:56 am

Post by Plotinus »

but he's really really cute scum <3

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:38 am

Post by Plotinus »

his buddy is probably Ras.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:29 am

Post by Plotinus »

or max.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:43 am

Post by Plotinus »

Oh good, ras is town.

I am feeling somewhat better about Kuroi too.

franksa might not be town.

Maybe it's max and franksa!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:46 am

Post by Plotinus »

it probably is franksa unless he starts displaying some town paranoia soon. I was obvtown in the game of mine that he read and everybody was townreading me, even when I derailed a wagon off of confscum in mylo onto town people were townreading me. He should be wary of me and he isn't.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:47 am

Post by Plotinus »

page 4 thoughts

franksa is really defensive and seems to be overly worried about a FoS which wasn't even a vote and I think Phantom's reaction test (if that's what it was) rattled him.

Kuroi is a bit fencesitty but I think that's just sloppiness.

Maxspir is my best guess for scum among the lurkers and I could see him being aligned with franksa. I mostly voted him because I wanted to see how franksa reacts.

Not sure how I feel about Kuroi townreading me but it's a cautious townread at least.

Rask is obvtown.

I like how Jake is behaving too. I don't know if it means he's town, but I like it.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:16 am

Post by Plotinus »

I am pleasantly surprised with both of my SEs and am enjoying their contributions to the game state.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:56 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 213, Raskolnikov wrote:Now Plotinus makes a really good case on franksa, in contrast to PC's reasoning which I didn't like (even though the reasoning was common). I'll admit I probably discredited PC's reasons more than I should have because it was spread across one liners as opposed to Plotinus's latest objectively fantastic posts.

but what if i'm wrong?! aaaah! I am good at sounding convincing even when i'm being wrong that's how i win as scum and yeah i'm town here but that means i don't know if i'm being right about franksa or wrong about franksa! I will be sad if I am wrong!

I am not sharing this feeling in the thread because it's not productive: it's not the sort of feeling people townread me for having, which
is
a little bit important even when you're town because not being a distraction means one less mislynch for scum.

It's also not going to make town more or less likely to win: I still think Franksa is our best bet for scum and it doesn't make sense for me to try to lynch someone else because "i could be wrong" when it's day 1. If Franksa reacted to this pressure in a townie way maybe I'd be able to recognise that (or maybe I'd keep being wrong) then backing off would make sense, but he hasn't done so yet. If I back off because "i could be wrong" then I could also be wrong about backing off and the person I get suspicious of next could be be town so I could be wrong there too.

And Rask is right that Franksa flipping scum clears a couple people (Phantom and possibly me -- I have bussed aggressively on day 1 before but I'm the IC in this game and this game isn't about me, it's about the newer players and it would be better to teach Franksa how to play well as scum in private than to just lynch him and try to win the game by myself.)

I'm not sure how Franksa flipping town would affect my opinions of various people. I should probably figure that out before we lynch him.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:07 am

Post by Plotinus »

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:10 am

Post by Plotinus »

asdf franksa might be town.

but i've had a shit day and can't engage with my games critically right now and probably need to go v/la for a few days. and now the timing is going to look strategic (it's not; going v/la right after your slot starts to get pressure is a shit strategy because everyone suspects you for doing it even though you only do it when you're waist deep in real life shit, so why would i pick a strategy that's going to get me scumread? i wouldn't. but they'll call it wifom if i bring that up.)

argh.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:30 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Rask is town! Yay!

In post 233, Raskolnikov wrote:Has anybody had much experience with Plotinus: if so, is he the kind of player who would, if scum, go through all this for towncred?
Yes.

(but saying that in public would be counterproductive)

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:31 pm

Post by Plotinus »

maybe it's kuroi/max. running out of places where scum can be.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:35 pm

Post by Plotinus »

okay, coffee, breakfast, and then trying to get my head back into this game. really not feeling well today but I feel bad about neglecting all my games.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:57 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 293, Plotinus wrote:If scum have a roleblocker, the chance of a cop increases to 50%. This could be a slip.

There's an investigative PR of some kind in all of the setups: jailkeeper, cop, tracker, and some of the setups have protective PRs as well (doctor, 1-shot bulletproof). But the less we talk about PRs, the better. PRs talk differently about PRs than VTs do and it is fairly easy to narrow things down.

for example in my first newbie game I said "as a vanilla, I think" which obviously outed myself as "not a PR". kuroi saying "the cop" could indicate that he knows there could be a cop: he could be a doctor or a cop himself, or there could be a roleblocker on his scumteam which makes cop more likely than otherwise.

someone calling the cop a "he" when he is himself a he but calling other PRs "they" is indicating they're the cop. or little things like asking if,
hypothetically
, the cop should claim is usually not a hypothetical. so many little things like that.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:51 am

Post by Plotinus »

kuroi might be the cop if he's mentioned it twice in his ISO. doubtcasting him a tiny bit may help him stay alive.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:44 am

Post by Plotinus »

Spoiler: thoughts about convergentconclusion
ConvergentConclusion/MormonCoffee/jackal711/Zaicon combined ISO

Adding the mod into the combined ISO makes it a little easier to see how/if various wagons were affecting a player's posting.

Mormon posts once, then siteflakes (is replaced out of all of his games due to inactivity). This is null. He votes Jake in RVS which is better than not doing anything (for a newer player) but is still mostly null.

Convergent replaces in with Phantom at L-2 and franksa at L-3. His entrance is fairly cautious and he tells us this is his first time. He promises to be active over Christmas and fulfills this promise.

The first thing he does, about 12 hours after greeting us, is ask Kuroi for details about what why Phantom is scummy. He says that some of Phantom's posts give him a strange feeling but he hasn't seen anything too scummy yet. (The 12 hours thing means that he's had some time to read the thread, perhaps all of it, but he may also have been doing offline things during that time.)

Nine minutes later, he says that he originally though people were exaggerating about Phantom but that his recent posts are scummy. He asks people to explain their non RVS votes and unvotes Jake (his predecessor's RVS vote).

Almost an hour later, but before anyone posts in the thread, he notices that he's contradicted himself and says that in he hadn't read the rest of the thread yet but in he had but he'd still like to hear people's reasonings.

This could be evidence that somebody pointed it out to him in private or it could be that he reread the last page on his own; I've definitely had afterthoughts of my own . Leaning towards the first explanation because I'm not really sure who else could be scum at this point, but I want to let the replacement speak...actually i'm going to put this in my IC confessional and bring it out later and paraphrase it once we have a replacement.

another votecount, franksa and PC are both at L-2 now.

thinks that going after PC won't yield anything useful so he decides to go after me. says my opinions are shallow as of (need to go back and see if that was the case), asks if I have opinions that deviate from others on the recent discussion of Phantom which was a strange question because i'd been taking the opposite stance from everybody else on Phantom and the last question is kind of useless. :neutral:

thanks me for wallposting (meh) says he can see my perspective but thinks PC scummier than franksa. fencesits a bit. thinks that a townie would have explained the reaction test right away (incorrect but being wrong about mafia theory not a scumtell).

All but the franksa wagon have fallen apart (who is still at L-2, a bunch of people are now at L-4 and L-5). he doesn't like the kuroi wagon, says he still has an eye on phantom, townreads rask, brushes aside the inactives and sort of comes to a PoE scumread on me.

kuroi wagon has grown to L-2, franksa and I are at L-3. doesn't understand tictac's townslip point. decides i'm not scum becaue i'm moving the game forward (i had been doing this all along i'm pretty sure), says he won't vote park me anymore :!: and that he's going ot iso some people.

decides he doesn't like mafia afterall and replaces out (null).

meh. weak scumlean.

(don't want to post this in the main thread until the replacement has time to talk. i know i'm not allowed to quote this PT so i'm going to have to paraphase it later if i do decide to post it (ugh) but once I decided that's what i wanted to do i started writing it in note to self format anyway so that's ok. links go to the main thread because i'm not trying to copy notsy's kodak moment)

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:16 am

Post by Plotinus »

thoughts about pignash's cases on bastion and spiffeh in history mafia. not posting in the public thread because don't want to tip him off on what he needs to do if he's scum:

He attacked Bastion for complaining about the noise on page 5 and argues that you can't drown people out in forum mafia (this isn't exactly true fwiw). He attacks Bastion some more for complaining and whining. He attacks him for being LAMIST ("look at me i'm so town") and for setup spec in lieu of scumhunting and then for being v/la. Then he spends a while trying to get other people to comment on his Bastion case.

I think his Franksa case is a little more nuanced / less terrible than the Bastion case was.

His Spiffeh case was better than the Bastion case because he'd been around for a little while by then. He attacks Spiffeh for being around near the deadline and not replying about Bastion, and attacks Spiffeh for being sloppy (basically), and tries some preflip associatives with Spiffeh and Bastion and says something about Tony as if it means something, and attacks him for whining and naked voting.

(I am not really criticising his scumgame though because he was widely townread and we got an almost perfect win so that's what matters).

he pushes on pretty easy things and he doesn't have so much depth to his cases. i'm worried that his kuroi towncase similarly lacked depth and that his franksa post was okay, better than bastion case but not compelling either.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:25 am

Post by Plotinus »

FINALLY i found the right moment in a town game for spamming cute animal pictures to get a lynch to go my way. it's harder as town because i have to be reasonably sure i'm lynching scum, i can't just go lol whatever let's quicklynch somebody with animal pics like I did as 3rd party in wifom city or when i was bussing as scum in handwriting.

i've been waiting for this moment for so long because it's fun and happy and i bet the newbies will be suspicious because they always suspect the IC for doing anything out of the ordinary and newbie games are super serious but the animal pictures method of getting the lynch that i want is really effective and i'm not going to let them lynch my strongest townread!

In wifom city i strongarmed one lynch with frog pics, they flipped town (They weren't town, they were a death godfather which means that they were scum but the mod lied and flipped them as town anyway), and the next day i strongarmed another lynch with frog pics and everybody sheeped me even though last time it looked like i'd hit town, and luckily that one was scum, and then the next day i did it again with frog pics and hit town, and then on the next day i did it
again
and everyone was like yeah sure okay i'll sheep those frog pics they are such convincing froggies absolutely and they flipped town.

and then it was day 9 and i was lynched but not because of the frog pics but because of something else!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Plotinus »

i had *just* typed up a thing saying i didn't want to lynch rask today because i skimmed es iso and it looked townish and tictac's long giant thing showed up in the preview edit and it is a good case.

it appears i'm going to have to read things more closely.

and the deadline is on sunday and i'm v/la on weekends and i wanted to lynch someone today so that i could have the weekend clear. and it's midnight and i'm too tired to read stuff. :(

but i'll be around enough to move my vote and stuff.
Last edited by Plotinus on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”