Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

[Borderlands Mafia] Old Haven

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Hello, Atlas Corporation, and welcome to Borderlands Mafia! You may use this private topic to talk, scheme, and conspire amongst yourselves. This thread will be open during the pre-game, during the Night phases, and during the Day phases (Day-talk is enabled).

For the sake of convenience, please submit all your night actions here in this thread instead of sending them to me via PM. Be sure to bold your actions so there's no confusion.

Your team is comprised of the following players:

• Flubbernugget (General Knoxx, Ascetic Neapolitan)

• beeboy (Commandant Steele, Even-Night Commuter)

• SirCakez (Dr. Cassius Leclemaine, Station Chief)

If you have any questions, let me know. Have fun, and good luck!
Last edited by Skullduggery on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Greetings, Flubbernugget, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia
! In this game, you will be playing the role of...

General Knoxx

Ascetic Neapolitan

Aligned with the Atlas Corporation

You ever have one of those days where it seems like the entire universe is conspiring to drive you insane and make you as miserable as humanly possible? General Knoxx does, except in this scenario, the "day" in question has spanned the past 20 years or so. The grizzled army veteran of the Atlas Corporation has put up with so much inane bullshit during his tenure that he simply does not give a crap anymore. Maybe this lackadaisical attitude will motivate his peers to step up their own game, or maybe it will get them all killed. Honestly, either way is fine with Knoxx.

The other members of the Atlas Corporation include...

You may communicate with your allies in the Atlas Corporation Private Topic. This thread will be open during the pre-game, during the Night phases, and during the Day phases (Day-talk is enabled).

Daytime Abilities:
During the day, you may vote to lynch any living player in the game.

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you and the rest of your team can choose to kill any living player in the game. Only one of you can perform the kill.

Additionally, you have the ability to investigate any living player to determine whether they are a Vanilla player aligned with the Vault Hunter faction. Possible results include "Vanilla Vault Hunter," "Not a Vanilla Vault Hunter," and "No Result." You can investigate someone and perform the factional kill on the same night if you'd like.

Passive Abilities:
As an Ascetic, you are immune to all night actions that target you except for killing actions.

Win Condition:
You win when your team controls at least 50% of the votes (or nothing can prevent this from happening) and there is at least one member of your faction still alive.

Safe-Claim

If you ever feel that a safe-claim is necessary, I can guarantee that nobody else in the game has received the following role PM:
Spoiler:
Greetings, Flubbernugget, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Tiny Tina

Mad Bomber

Aligned with the Vault Hunters

Pint-sized demolitions expert Tiny Tina may be more than a little mentally unstable, but then again, that seems to be the norm here on crazy ol' Pandora. When she's not creating sophisticated explosive devices out of whatever junk she has lying around her workshop, Tina's other hobbies include hosting tea parties for her mortal enemies, training aspiring fighters who are looking to strike it rich in the tournaments held at The Badass Crater of Badassitude, drooling over Mad Moxxi's voluptuous curves, and hosting exciting games of everyone's favorite tabletop fantasy-themed role-playing adventure, Bunkers & Badasses. She is a young lady of many talents, that's for sure.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you may select any living player in the game to turn them into a Bomb. If a Bomb player is ever killed during the night phase, they will explode and kill the player(s) that performed the killing action(s) on them. Only one player can be a Bomb at any given time, and you can target yourself if you'd like. You can move the Bomb to another player during each night phase as you see fit, but you cannot target the same player two nights in a row. Affected players will not be informed that they have become a Bomb.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:
You win when all non-Vault Hunter players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one Vault Hunter still alive.

Please reply to this PM to let me know that you understand your role and that you have read and understand the game's rules. The game will not begin until I receive confirmations from at least 21 players.

Greetings, beeboy, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Commandant Steele

Even-Night Commuter

As the leader of the Atlas Corporation's excursion onto the chaotic world of Pandora, Commandant Steele is highly respected among her peers and even more highly feared by her enemies. She is as ruthless as they come and will stop at nothing to fulfill her mission of finding the fabled Vault and acquiring the riches that lie within. Although the contents of the Vault ended up being a bit more hostile and, uh, tentacle-y than expected, Steele nonetheless fulfilled her duties to the Atlas Corporation like any good soldier should. Perhaps we should be thankful that The Destroyer skewered her into oblivion before we could see what this cold-blooded badass was truly capable of.

You may communicate with your allies in the Atlas Corporation Private Topic. This thread will be open during the pre-game, during the Night phases, and during the Day phases (Day-talk is enabled).

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you and the rest of your team can choose to kill any living player in the game. Only one of you can perform the kill.

Additionally, on even-numbered nights (Night 2, Night 4, Night 6, etc.), you will automatically commute and become completely untargetable. You cannot perform the factional kill while you are commuting.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:
You win when your team controls at least 50% of the votes (or nothing can prevent this from happening) and there is at least one member of your faction still alive.

Safe-Claim

If you ever feel that a safe-claim is necessary, I can guarantee that nobody else in the game has received the following role PM:
Spoiler:
Greetings, beeboy, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Lilith

Even-Night Commuter

As the most powerful Siren in the galaxy, Lilith is accustomed to having a target on her back and is certainly no stranger to dangerous situations. As such, it only seemed like a matter of time before she found her way to the lawless world of Pandora. After spending some time as a Vault Hunter, she later inherited leadership of the Crimson Raiders from her boyfriend, Roland, after he was murdered by that madman Handsome Jack. Even though she finds herself saddled with all the pesky responsibilities that come with leading a revolution, Lilith has still somehow found herself getting her hands dirty as a Vault Hunter once more. Ain't no rest for the wicked, huh?

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
On even-numbered nights (Night 2, Night 4, Night 6, etc.), you will automatically activate Phasewalk and become completely untargetable.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:
You win when all non-Vault Hunter players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one Vault Hunter still alive.

Please reply to this PM to let me know that you understand your role and that you have read and understand the game's rules. The game will not begin until I receive confirmations from at least 21 players.

Greetings, SirCakez, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Dr. Cassius Leclemaine

Station Chief

When the Atlas Corporation tricked Athena into accidentally killing her own sister, the vengeful assassin swore an oath to get revenge by murdering every last member of the Atlas Corporation on Pandora. It took many years, but she finally succeeded in ridding Pandora of the Atlas Corporation for good...or so she thought. Atlas scientist Dr. Cassius Leclemaine sought refuge in an abandoned Atlas biodome in the frozen tundra, shutting himself off from the rest of the world until Athena's bloodlust had been satiated. Now, years later, he silently continues his research until the day comes when the once-mighty Atlas Corporation can flourish on Pandora once more.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:

Passive Abilities:
At the end of each night phase, you will learn which players (if any) were targeted by an investigative action.

Win Condition:

Safe-Claim

Spoiler:
Greetings, SirCakez, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Shade

One-Shot Nymphomaniac

The totally sane and mentally stable Shade is definitely not insane in any way, shape, or form. He definitely did not watch as his friends in the parched desert town of Oasis slowly died of dehydration one by one, then continued to converse and have meaningful relationships with their stiffening corpses. That never happened. Nope. Shade is a perfectly level-headed individual of sound mind and body who has most certainly not suffered any irreparable mental trauma due to heat stroke and the intense loneliness of being the only survivor of a city that died of thirst. To even suggest such a thing would be
crazy
-- which is the complete polar opposite of Shade's current mental state, I must emphasize. He is the very model of mental fortitude, and you won't find a more decisively, unquestionably, irrefutably sane person anywhere else on Pandora.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
On any night phase, you may select any living player in the game to become Lovers with them. If either of you are ever lynched or killed, both of you will die. The affected player will not be informed that the two of you are Lovers. You may only use this ability once per game. This affect is permanent, so once you have selected a player, you cannot switch targets.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Last edited by Skullduggery on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

If you are unsatisfied with your safe-claims for any reason, I can also guarantee that none of the following characters are in this game:

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:41 am

Post by SirCakez »

Wow my ability is really strong. We have daytalk which is great.
This looks like multiball. Highly doubt there would only be a three-person scum team in a 24-person game.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:23 am

Post by beeboy »

I wish I could say the same about mine but a certain mod gave me the wrong character.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:24 am

Post by SirCakez »

Steele isn't that bad.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:33 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 5, SirCakez wrote:Steele isn't that bad.

The problem isn't Steele the problem is I am not Gaige.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:37 am

Post by SirCakez »

I wanted Jack, oh well.
At least you got a character from one of the main games, I'm a minor character from Tales.
A Borderlands uPick would be cool. I can just imagine the fighting over some of the characters.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:06 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

So my scum game can be pretty weak. This isn't an excuse for me to play poorly, but you may want to consider that in how you handle associative reads.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Please don't forget to reply to your role PM.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by SirCakez »

We should try to avoid bussing unless necessary considering our small team in such a large game.

Also Skull these role cards are pretty awesome.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Aw, shucks. Thank you.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by beeboy »

Ya outside the fact I didn't get the character I wanted this game is really well made.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Good luck everyone!
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Day 1 begins now.

Good luck!
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by beeboy »

Ok mission complete got the first post.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:12 pm

Post by beeboy »

Unless Titus is conf town we are keeping her alive.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:05 am

Post by SirCakez »

Yeah agreed.
Why do I only get town reads as scum ugh
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:51 am

Post by SirCakez »

Varsoon though
I think that's the fastest hammer I've ever seen in a large.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:58 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 18, SirCakez wrote:
Varsoon though
I think that's the fastest hammer I've ever seen in a large.

I'm dumb.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:59 am

Post by beeboy »

So, I doubt that reaction test I did will do anything lol.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:01 am

Post by SirCakez »

You;re probably going to get scumreads for announcing the reaction test. Just weather it out.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:01 am

Post by beeboy »

People are playing along so I doubt they are scum reading me for it.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:03 am

Post by SirCakez »

I mean 487 and 492 were before you voted Dwlee again so those are somewhat worrisome.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by beeboy »

I just realized we may need to find actual scum reads because there could be more than 1 faction.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”