Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

[Borderlands Mafia] Helios Space Station

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Hello, Hyperion Corporation, and welcome to Borderlands Mafia! You may use this private topic to talk, scheme, and conspire amongst yourselves. This thread will be open during the pre-game, during the Night phases, and during the Day phases (Day-talk is enabled).

For the sake of convenience, please submit all your night actions here in this thread instead of sending them to me via PM. Be sure to bold your actions so there's no confusion.

Your team is comprised of the following players:

• Suzune (Handsome Jack, Loved SuperSaint & Conditional Tree Stump)

• T S O (Nisha, Roleblocker)

• Aafter (Prof. Nakayama, Compulsive Focused Bodyguard)

If you have any questions, let me know. Have fun, and good luck!
Last edited by Skullduggery on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:31 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Greetings, Suzune, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia
! In this game, you will be playing the role of...

Handsome Jack

Loved SuperSaint & Conditional Tree Stump

Aligned with the Hyperion Corporation

Worry not, kiddos, because your savior has arrived at last! The incomparable Handsome Jack is the tyrannical, self-absorbed CEO of the Hyperion Corporation who has made it his life’s goal to “civilize” the untamed world of Pandora. Jack has no qualms about resorting to blackmail, subterfuge, lying, murder, extortion, and even flat-out genocide to make this dream a reality. Although the whiny crybabies of the galaxy denounce his actions as brutal, excessive, and needlessly violent, Handsome Jack realizes that sometimes you have to crack a few eggs if you want to make an omelet, you know? Besides, the ends totally justify the means here. When all is said and done, everybody on Pandora will be thanking and worshiping Handsome Jack for finally bringing peace and civility to this rotten stinkhole of a planet.

The other members of the Hyperion Corporation include...

• Aafter (Professor Nakayama, Compulsive Focused Bodyguard)

You may communicate with your allies in the Hyperion Corporation Private Topic. This thread will be open during the pre-game, during the Night phases, and during the Day phases (Day-talk is enabled).

Daytime Abilities:
During the day, you may vote to lynch any living player in the game.

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you and the rest of your team can choose to kill any living player in the game. Only one of you can perform the kill.

Passive Abilities:
You're the hero of this story, baby, and everybody knows that the hero never goes down without a fight. If you are ever lynched during the day phase, you will explode and kill the player that hammered you.

Additionally, since you are Loved, you require one more vote than the normal threshold to be lynched during the day phase. This modifier will be disabled in situations where you become unlynchable without self-voting.

Finally, you are a Conditional Tree Stump. If certain conditions are met, you will be able to continue posting in the thread after your death.

Win Condition:
You win when your team controls at least 50% of the votes (or nothing can prevent this from happening) and there is at least one member of your faction still alive.

Safe-Claim

If you ever feel that a safe-claim is necessary, I can guarantee that nobody else in the game has received the following role PM:
Spoiler:
Greetings, Suzune, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Roland

Loved SuperSaint

Aligned with the Vault Hunters

Veteran soldier Roland has seen his fair share of tyrants, villains, scoundrels, and warlords rise to power throughout the galaxy. However, none of them were quite as dangerous as the man known as Handsome Jack. With his Vault Hunting days far behind him, Roland founded the Crimson Raiders, a band of revolutionaries who all shared a common goal of overthrowing the villainous Handsome Jack and driving the insidious Hyperion Corporation off of Pandora forever. Although he was eventually murdered by Jack himself, Roland’s reputation as a stalwart, confident, noble, and well-loved leader will not soon be forgotten. His legacy as a hero is fitting indeed.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
None.

Passive Abilities:
If you are ever lynched during the day phase, you will explode and kill the player that hammered you.

Additionally, since you are Loved, you require one more vote than the normal threshold to be lynched during the day phase.

Win Condition:
You win when all non-Vault Hunter players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one Vault Hunter still alive.

Please reply to this PM to let me know that you understand your role and that you have read and understand the game's rules. The game will not begin until I receive confirmations from at least 21 players.

Greetings, T S O, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Nisha

Roleblocker

Don’t let outward appearances fool you: Underneath that pretty smile and those charming eyes, the remorseless Nisha is a very, very bad person. A sadist by nature, Nisha derives pleasure from the pain and suffering of others -- and herself as well, as demonstrated by her slightly disturbing masochistic tendencies. When she’s not strangling adorable puppies to death or ruling the town of Lynchwood with an iron fist, she can usually be found by the side of her beloved boyfriend Handsome Jack, who is quite possibly the only person on Pandora more heartless than she is. Together, the two of them seek to rule Pandora and all of its denizens the only way they know how:
ruthlessly

• Aafter (Professor Nakayama, Compulsive Focused Bodyguard)

You may communicate with your allies in the Hyperion Corporation Private Topic. This thread will be open during the pre-game, during the Night phases, and during the Day phases (Day-talk is enabled).

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you and the rest of your team can choose to kill any living player in the game. Only one of you can perform the kill.

Additionally, you can select any living player during the night phase in the game to block them. While blocked, that player will be unable to perform any active nighttime action that they may possess. You can roleblock someone and perform the factional kill on the same night if you'd like.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:
You win when your team controls at least 50% of the votes (or nothing can prevent this from happening) and there is at least one member of your faction still alive.

Safe-Claim

If you ever feel that a safe-claim is necessary, I can guarantee that nobody else in the game has received the following role PM:
Spoiler:
Greetings, T S O, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Maya

Non-Consecutive Roleblocker

Like most Sirens, Maya possesses incredible otherworldly powers that not even she can adequately explain. Raised in a corrupt monastery for most of her life, the turquoise-haired Siren eventually grew tired of being shut off from the rest of the galaxy and embarked on a journey to Pandora in the hopes of finding some answers about her origins and the true nature of her incredible powers. Of course, one thing led to another and Maya eventually found herself seeking the legendary Vault, but you won’t hear her complaining. After living a life of servitude and monotony for so long, getting to bust some heads and eviscerate some bloodthirsty bandits is a welcome change of pace.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you can select any living player in the game to block them. While blocked, that player will be unable to perform any active nighttime action that they may possess. You cannot use this ability two nights in a row.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:
You win when all non-Vault Hunter players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one Vault Hunter still alive.

Please reply to this PM to let me know that you understand your role and that you have read and understand the game's rules. The game will not begin until I receive confirmations from at least 21 players.

Greetings, Aafter, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Professor Nakayama

Compulsive Focused Bodyguard

The mighty and heroic Handsome Jack has earned his fair share of fans during his conquest of Pandora. Some of these fans admire his work from afar and aspire to be as successful as him someday. Other fans take it a step further by idolizing the Hyperion CEO and modeling their lives after his. Still other fans take their obsession even further, worshiping the exploits of Handsome Jack with a fanatical devotion that is more than a little unhealthy. And then, there’s Professor Nakayama. Saying that Nakayama is Handsome Jack’s #1 Fan would be the understatement of the century. Although his vast intellect and genius scientific mind could precipitate incredible advancements in the scientific community, Nakayama has instead decided to focus his entire existence on fawning over Handsome Jack and ensuring that the Hyperion leader’s legacy will live on until the end of time. Despite the undeniable creepiness of Nakayama’s obsession, it’s hard not to be impressed by his tenacity.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:

Additionally, you will compulsively place Bodyguard protection on Handsome Jack during every night phase. If a successful killing action ever targets Handsome Jack, you will die in his place. This action does not interfere with your ability to perform the factional kill.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Safe-Claim

Spoiler:
Greetings, Aafter, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Nurse Nina

Nurse

Although it doesn’t have quite the same reputation for brutality that Pandora does, Elpis is a dangerous place nonetheless. Luckily, the always-reliable Nurse Nina is always happy to patch you up when the denizens of Elpis get the better of you. When a Dahl soldier fills your torso full of bullets, Nurse Nina will be there to fish them out with her forceps. When a Kraggon bites your arm off, Nurse Nina will stitch it back on. When a Scav butt-slams onto your face and knocks all your teeth out, Nurse Nina will give you a fresh towel to wipe the blood off your mouth. When a Shuggurath vaporizes you, Nurse Nina won’t be able to help you then, but she’ll be glad to notify your next of kin and deliver your charred remains to them. No matter what kind of trouble you get yourself into, never forget that Nurse Nina is here to help.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
None.

Passive Abilities:
You know that there is at least one other player in this game who has a protective role. If this player is ever lynched or killed, you will inherit their protective action.

Win Condition:

Last edited by Skullduggery on Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

If you are unsatisfied with your safe-claims for any reason, I can also guarantee that none of the following characters are in this game:

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:33 am

Post by T S O »

Well, I don't think we'll be able to complain about fakeclaims this game. Props, Skull.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:34 am

Post by T S O »

I don't really know either of you, I have played with Suzune once but had to replace out. Not being known on this forum is a good thing. Unfortunately, people love targeting me with PR's to "sort me out", so I'll have to play a remarkable scumgame or lose.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:37 am

Post by T S O »

Other things; it's multiball, so we should probably try to scumhunt as legitimately as we can. Multiball games are great for scum because of the extra kill, and because town can't be cleared unless they're prominent on lynches of both teams.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:38 am

Post by T S O »

If we have Daytalk, so will the other scumteam. That means that town will have a bunch of investigative PR's. If you play scummy, someone's going to get a Guilty on you, so let's try to avoid that.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:51 am

Post by T S O »

Also - I'm going to have to call it as I see it. I'm fairly incapable of playing scum and hedging reads on teammates, though I'll obviously try to steer the lynch elsewhere.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:53 am

Post by T S O »

So, yeah. Let's win this.
-Marquis
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:15 am

Post by Suzune »

I'm excited about this one. Multi ball gives us the ability to scum hunt like normal no fear of avoiding other people. I'm pretty excited about this. I feel like I played another game with you TSO other then the one I was too sick to continue.

I love playing scum so I agree, let's win this. This is my third Skull game so we should be prepared for anything.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:24 am

Post by Suzune »

Titus and I have history. She can apparently tell me alignment based on an random list of factors based on level of seriousness, sarcasm, post count, helpful posts, reads list...everything. So while you can trip her she is the most danger to me. Likewise, historically speaking Titus will work to discredit me when he is scum.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:30 am

Post by T S O »

Actually, looking at the playerlist, I shouldn't be that big of a target after all. I had forgotten that some people left signups.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:34 am

Post by T S O »

18-3-3. Hmm.
-Marquis
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Suzune »

Potential for an SK as well? or some kind of fourth party.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:40 am

Post by T S O »

Nothing interesting in the rules, apart from the way a draw is a legitimate vote if everyone agrees to it.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:41 am

Post by T S O »

Possibly. There's definitely a second scum faction. If there was an SK too it would be pretty nuts.
-Marquis
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:49 am

Post by Suzune »

Depends on what the town has for power roles. Our mafia faction is more defensive, therefore, the other one is probably more offensive or the town has some strong offense. Therefore, that is something that needs considering.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:06 am

Post by T S O »

If you get shot and Aafter dies I might claim to be a 1-shot BD and to have Bus Drived you and him. Situational idea, though.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:07 am

Post by T S O »

Yeah, our abilities are very passive - all we have is a Roleblock. Running a bunch of people up d1 to get claims out there isn't an awful idea.
-Marquis
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:04 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

In post 3, T S O wrote:Well, I don't think we'll be able to complain about fakeclaims this game. Props, Skull.

Don't mention it. Coming up with convincing fake-claims is one of the hardest parts of designing a game, so I wanted to make sure you guys had variety.

In post 9, Suzune wrote:This is my third Skull game so we should be prepared for anything.

Fourth.

Only Varsoon has played in more of my games than you have.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 19, Skullduggery wrote:Fourth.
You got me, two townies, third and this mafia role. I had forgotten about that first one~
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Day 1 begins now.

Good luck!
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by T S O »

ah cheers x
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by T S O »

Game seems to be moving quite slowly, which can only be a good thing.
-Marquis
Aafter
Aafter
Townie
Aafter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Aafter »

I exist, by the way.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”