Mini 1808 - Akari (Fire Assassin) x Chinatsu (JaeReed)

Forum for old private topics
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Mini 1808 - Akari (Fire Assassin) x Chinatsu (JaeReed)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:14 pm

Post by pieguyn »

This PT is for
Fire Assassin, Akaza Akari
and
JaeReed, Yoshikawa Chinatsu
. You two may communicate here at any time. Good luck~
Last edited by pieguyn on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:46 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

Hello Jaereed, give me a good reason why I should pressure for us to get lynched fast so you die.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:50 am

Post by JaeReed »

Lol, alright, I'm a complete noob and never played as lovers before. Is that a good reason?
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:52 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

Yeah, I kind of want us to die to be honest.
That post was pretty bad.

You are no way a noob and just because you never played lovers before is a horrible excuse. The game isn't changed by you have a lover card. I never heard someone say "Ohh I never got a Mason" before, or "never been bp" before.

I am feeling scum vibes.
Why shouldn't I push for our immediate lynch? Seriously.

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:23 am

Post by JaeReed »

Why do you not think I'm a noob? I've completed 4 games on site, 3 of which were newbies. I did play a blitz in the Fallout Shelter, where I accidentally softed my role and night result to Postie, so yeah, I'm thinking it's still a learning experience. I wanted you to be aware of my experience before we go into the game because the way I'm reading it, not everyone is a lover and scum will probably want to lynch people they think are lovers for the 2 for 1 deal. My guess is that it's best to not draw attention to the fact that we're lovers nor whom with unless we think the other is scum?

Consequently, I was wondering how this would work without knowing the other person's alignment. It's sort of like a room for pre-game scumhunting, which is kind of neat. Downside is that we die together so I can't just leave you with my thoughts and reads if I'm about to die.

If you're town you shouldn't push for an immediate lynch because you'll guarantee 2 town deaths. That's my serious answer.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:30 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 4, JaeReed wrote:I wanted you to be aware of my experience before we go into the game because the way I'm reading it, not everyone is a lover and scum will probably want to lynch people they think are lovers for the 2 for 1 deal. My guess is that it's best to not draw attention to the fact that we're lovers nor whom with unless we think the other is scum?
Nevermind about this. I have math problems, it seems. 9 + 3 does indeed equal 12, the number of players in the game. Which means everyone is lovers and we're looking for the usual scum protecting scumbuddies, but also scum trying to derail lynches on their buddies lovers since mafia are guaranteed to not be lovers together.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:31 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

First off we aren't the only lovers
This is the setup: Here

We are playing under it and its open and nightless, and I am nto sure you not knowing that is newb telling or not. Though I do consider playing 3-4 games to not be in the newb range anymore, but given the fact they were newbie games does change shit. Since newbie games don't teach you any important skills.

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:45 am

Post by JaeReed »

Yeah I was just double checking the rules. Me not knowing it is just me not paying enough attention to detail.

Does that mean scum have no way to kill except via lynches?

Also uh, if you hate wallposters then you're probably not going to like me much. I'll make an active effort to cut my thoughts down as much as possible if you super dislike it. I just have one of those personalities where I stream of consciousness into thread.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:53 am

Post by JaeReed »

I'm not sure if you're trying for towncred by opening up with a reaction test and pushing me, if I'm being honest.

My initial reaction is along a thought process that scum wouldn't want to start off on the wrong foot and would wait until RVS at least to exhibit paranoia? Sort of slow roll with not much conversation pre-game since there's nothing to off by that stage? But then there's the possibility that this is just standard play for this setup and I'm reading into something that's NAI.

I'll go searching for another setup like this to read on my phone since I'm heading to bed now. Might help me get a feel for it.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:16 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

Thats good your questioning it, I kind of think you just newbtelled all over the game right now.
if you got a mafia role pm I am pretty sure you would have known your ally was a lover too, and then did a little research? Maybe I am assuming too much.

I kind of think you towntelled by accident with you not understanding the open setup. So i feel much better about you.

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:07 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I'm not really comfortable with your reasonings for thinking I'm town, to be honest. I feel like anyone would have said what I did given a lack of attention to the setup. I'm sorry, I'm probably going to come across as the worst partner in history.

What do you think of Kaori right now? I really dislike what she's proposing because I think the best way for us to find scum in this setup is to watch for the scum defending other buddies' lovers. If everyone knows who everyone is connected to then won't it become harder to pick out who is acting weird around a partnership lynch? I feel like what she's proposing could be coming from a scum mindset, but the game I found had a mass lover claim as well (it was much older, though, somewhere around 2010).
Is my theory that not claiming is the ideal strategy for scumhunting in this setup incorrect?

I do want to sort you promptly because that means we can bounce ideas off each other if we're both town. My fear with this is if you're scum and I read you wrong then that makes me more easily manipulated so I don't want to jump to hasty conclusions here.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:35 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Scum can interact at all times within their PT. I wasn't sure how I felt about you outing your lover and read on me in thread but I think that's actually a towntell? There's not much reason for you to do that as scum, I think, since you would have told your buddies who to not lynch from the start and they'd find their own reasons to townread me rather than risking strong associative tells in thread.

The back and forth on page 1 about lovers and trading them was a little weird and I can't really pick up anything from that. I'm not a big fan of MathBlade's latest two posts, if I'm being honest, but I can't figure out why. Perhaps just because they're not voting for anyone or really doing...anything? I know not to really expect much at this stage but it just seems like a little too far on the nothing scale.

I'm assuming you want to wagon Nahdia for reactions rather than thinking what she posted was a scum tell? I can't see anything alignment indicative in what she has so far, but if you want I can vote there and tell her she should have just stopped at sorry and see what reactions we get?

Ircher's naked vote following yours is kinda weird but I assume he wants to wagon for pressure/reactions as well.

I dislike Aihara's vote for you because at worst I think your vote is just coming across as NAI/RVS.

I can't make much sense out of thenewearth's vote. I might have to check her previous games to see if that's an in-joke or if she's softing she has a scumread on a lover. Though I thought Aihara softed that on P1 (Kaori's response seemed a little strange for that to be the case, though?). What do you think?
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:13 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 10, JaeReed wrote:I'm not really comfortable with your reasonings for thinking I'm town, to be honest. I feel like anyone would have said what I did given a lack of attention to the setup. I'm sorry, I'm probably going to come across as the worst partner in history.

What do you think of Kaori right now? I really dislike what she's proposing because I think the best way for us to find scum in this setup is to watch for the scum defending other buddies' lovers. If everyone knows who everyone is connected to then won't it become harder to pick out who is acting weird around a partnership lynch? I feel like what she's proposing could be coming from a scum mindset, but the game I found had a mass lover claim as well (it was much older, though, somewhere around 2010).
Is my theory that not claiming is the ideal strategy for scumhunting in this setup incorrect?

I do want to sort you promptly because that means we can bounce ideas off each other if we're both town. My fear with this is if you're scum and I read you wrong then that makes me more easily manipulated so I don't want to jump to hasty conclusions here.
No, you likely couldn't do that as scum. If you were scum you would have had a PT, in your PT you likely either saw or knew your allies role for being lover. I think its reasonable to assume this stuff. It just feels unlikely with you thinking we were only lovers that you are scum lover.

I actually like Kaori suggestion. Theres no reason to not out the Lovers for any particular reason. The scum can't night kill anyone. The players who get lynched will die with lvoer so it will be revealed anyways. I don't think people will be weird about partnership lynches so much as if they read their ally as town, then they will act weird, but how can you distinguish that from they are just lovers to being allies?

No reason not to imo.

Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:15 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 11, JaeReed wrote:The back and forth on page 1 about lovers and trading them was a little weird and I can't really pick up anything from that. I'm not a big fan of MathBlade's latest two posts, if I'm being honest, but I can't figure out why. Perhaps just because they're not voting for anyone or really doing...anything? I know not to really expect much at this stage but it just seems like a little too far on the nothing scale.

I'm assuming you want to wagon Nahdia for reactions rather than thinking what she posted was a scum tell? I can't see anything alignment indicative in what she has so far, but if you want I can vote there and tell her she should have just stopped at sorry and see what reactions we get?

Ircher's naked vote following yours is kinda weird but I assume he wants to wagon for pressure/reactions as well.

I dislike Aihara's vote for you because at worst I think your vote is just coming across as NAI/RVS.

I can't make much sense out of thenewearth's vote. I might have to check her previous games to see if that's an in-joke or if she's softing she has a scumread on a lover. Though I thought Aihara softed that on P1 (Kaori's response seemed a little strange for that to be the case, though?). What do you think?
The first few pages is going to be RVS/Troll just like any game.
Pressure Nahdia see the reaction then move on if nothing stands out.
Ircher is leaning town for me for starting to help out with a wagon.

Almost everyone else is null to me.

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:05 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 12, Fire Assassin wrote:I don't think people will be weird about partnership lynches so much as if they read their ally as town, then they will act weird, but how can you distinguish that from they are just lovers to being allies?
Ok yeah I think I follow this. The theory being that knowing who is being townread due to lover reasons will be beneficial, because we can more clearly see who is being townread for weak in thread reasons by those who aren't their lovers? Or, in simpler terms. We can see who is weirdly townreading someone because they're a town lover to their scum buddy?

I'm thinking scum are less likely to strongly push their lover as being scum in the main thread, also. Since it could easily backfire and end in their own death if they convince town to lynch their lover. So it's likely that any strong pushes on lovers are going to come from town, I think. We'll have to see how that goes.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:56 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

Lol Mathblade made a different slip than you did, but still was clueless on how scum function in this game.
The slips are getting funny, get a few more and we can solve the game with them solely :P

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:59 am

Post by JaeReed »

TNE said something about scum daykills. Is that a scumslip?
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:02 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

scum don't have daykills?
Where was this?

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:18 am

Post by JaeReed »

Post 58 she said about lynchbait + daykills.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

Town so far:
You, Mathblade, Sakura
Scum leaning:
Ircher

No Read:
Everyone else.

I will say I think Kaori is acting townish in behavior, but in actual like discussing reads and who is town or what not its lacking quite a bit. Like I don't like their thoughts on "This person is town because they are voting me and wouldn't do that if scum" I think its kind of townish behavior, but I still not sold.

Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:15 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

Well we are outted lol.
Didn't really try to hide that association with us very well it seems.

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:15 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Don't mind being outted since we pretty much already were from your first post. I do think it's better for town to know the pairings so we can separate the genuine townreads from the "this is my scum buddy's lover" townreads.

Do you think TNE bringing up the daykill thing is actually a townslip if scum don't have daykill? I'm not liking her content, tbh, but thinking about it if scum don't have a daykill then her bringing it up might be a genuine townslip?

What are you picking up on from Sakura that has her town? I'm not getting any vibes from her posts either way.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:17 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

I don't know what to think of that? They didn't seem to focus on it much.
I am not liking the content either.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”