Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Procrastination Mafia - Review Thread

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:21 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Uhm...
Really? Should I start my game? But Radja...
No, I didn't finish it yet. You know me.
Wait. I HAVE to start it now? But how can I without roles or anything?
Improvise?
Okay then...

Welcome To What Should Soon Be Procrastination Mafia!

I will be your moderator during this game! Unless I get lazy and flake!
Radja just slapped me in the face and told me I'm not allowed to flake. Sad.

Playerlist
  1. drealmerz7
  2. Zachstralkita
  3. Gamma Emerald
  4. Secret Agent Jin
  5. Dunnstral
  6. BulletNLynchproof
  7. culted
  8. Infinite Justice
  9. Aristophanes
* indicates a prod.

Spoiler: Still Procrastinating
  1. drealmerz7
  2. Zachstralkita
  3. Gamma Emerald
  4. Secret Agent Jin
  5. Dunnstral
  6. BulletNLynchproof
  7. culted
  8. Infinite Justice
  9. Aristophanes

Spoiler: Hit The Deadline
Everyone is still procrastinating this.

Spoiler: Important Events
Last edited by inspectorscout on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:08 am, edited 9 times in total.
But I know,
At the end...
Remind me of the fool I really am.

Am Zaphkael now.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:25 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Game Rules

All Forum Rules and Guidelines should be followed, along with the following rules.

Deadlines
  • Day phases will last fourteen days.
  • Night phases will last two days.
General Rules
  • Do not quote your role PM, what has been said in PT's or other private communication. Paraphrasing is generally fine.
  • Keep the game in this thread, and in the PT's you were given access to by the mod. Do not contact anyone outside of these threads about the game.
  • This is my mod colour. Do not use it.

• Do not discuss ongoing games. Meta from finished games is fine.
  • Do not use encrypted or hard-to-see text (including "invisible" text, text below the 50% text size option, or text hidden via BBCode (not including spoilered text)).
Activity
  • If a player doesn't post in-game after a period of 48 hours, I will prod that player.
  • If a player is prodded, that player has 24 hours to make an in-game post with actual content, not just a prod dodge. If they don't, they will be force-replaced.
  • If a player received 3 prods and/or prod-dodges excessively, that player will be subject to a force-replace.
  • Setting a V/LA tag alone is not accepted. Please tell me (in bold) when and for how long you will be VL/A, preferably a few days in advance. If you are going to be V/LA for longer than 1-2 weeks, you might want to request a replacement.
Votes and Lynching
  • Votes must be in the format of VOTE: Player Name or
    VOTE: Player Name
    . As long as I understand who you are voting for, it's fine. If it looks like a vote, it will count as a vote.
  • Unvoting when changing your vote is not necessary.
  • A player will be lynched if half of the living players +1 have voted for that player.
  • You may vote for a
    No Lynch
    . If half of the living players vote for a No Lynch, the game will proceed to Night without a lynch.
  • If a lynch is not achieved at deadline, no lynch will occur.
  • The game goes to twilight once a lynch has been achieved. You may continue to post until I lock the thread.
  • Once dead, you are no longer allowed to post in any game thread (except the dead thread) until the game is over
Behavior
  • Harassment of an individual player is NOT permitted. While this is a competitive game, no personal attacks will be tolerated.
  • Always play to your win condition.
  • Do not discuss this game anywhere else with anyone else unless your role allows you to. Private topics will be provided.
Breaking the rules
  • If you break the rules, you will be modkilled.
  • Pretending to break the rules also counts as breaking the rules.
  • I have the right to change the rules at any time, if needed. I will notify you if this happens.

Setup Information
  • This is a semi-open setup.
  • There are 7 Procrastinators (Town) and 2 People Who Want To Get The Job Done (Mafia).
  • Mafia can do the factional nightkill next to their other abilities, if any.
  • This setup has been reviewed by Creature!
Last edited by inspectorscout on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:26 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Setup:

Town Delayed Follower
Town Delayed Doctor
Town Police
Town 1-shot Undelayer
Town 1-shot Commuter
Town Modified Bulletproof
Vanilla Town

Mafia Roleblocker
Mafia JOAT (1-shot Neighborizer, 1-shot Strongman, 1-shot Rolecop)

First flip delayed until Day 2.

Role PM's:

Spoiler: Vanilla Townie
Yeah sorry, I'll give you a decent role PM later or something. Deadlines man.....

So uhh...lemme just quickly check my setup.

Uhh..

So I didn't make one yet? Wow. Well then, I'll just give you something from the top of my head...uhm...

HEY DON'T YOU DARE RUSHING ME!
If that's how you gonna do it, sure!

You are a
I-don't-feel-like-doing-anything Townie
, you lazy couch potato.
Abilities:
- During the day, you may vote to lynch. Well, if you feel like doing anything, anyway.
- You don't have night actions. Obviously you're too damn lazy to get up in the morning, why the f*** would you get up at night?!

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

The game thread is supposed to be here, unless I got lazy again. But hey, at least I went through the effort of linking it! Please confirm by replying to this message with your alignment and role. I'll set up the game when everyone did that. Or just a bit after. We'll see.

Spoiler: Delayed Doctor
Yeah sorry, I'll give you a decent role PM later or something. Deadlines man.....

Uhh..

So I didn't make one yet? Wow. Well then, I'll just give you something from the top of my head...uhm...

Actually, I just remembered my doctor appointment! It was yesterday.
Whoops.

Then I'll just promote you to - hihi - A
Town Lazy Doctor
!
Abilities:
- During the day, you may vote to lynch. Well, if you feel like doing anything, anyway.
- During the night, you may protect someone against a nightkill. If you are not too lazy to send me a PM. I know you'll forget! In case you dont; you won't protect your target until the night after, because you WILL procrastinate that. That's right! You are in fact a delayed doctor!

Now get me a new appointment while I will do stuff - probably.

The game thread is supposed to be here, unless I got lazy again. But hey, at least I went through the effort of linking it! Please confirm by replying to this message with your alignment and role. I'll set up the game when everyone did that. Or just a bit after. We'll see.

Spoiler: Delayed Follower

Uhh..

*Mafiawiki where are you when I need you?*
... No internet?
... I didn't pay my bills in time?!
WHEW, I guess I'll have a hard time figuring roles for all of you!
Uhm, why are you still following me around?
OH! Your role.

Keep following - when you feel like it, of course - as it might just give you useful info,
I'll-do-that-later Town Follower
!
Abilities:
- During the night, you may target a player. You will learn what kind of actions that player took, if any.
Now, don't think that you'll actually do what you need to when you need to. You're lazy, just like me! That means that you will actually investigate your target one night after you selected it. That's right, you are in fact a delayed follower!

Now stop bothering me, let me play dinosaur jump, it's the only real way to procrastinate without internet.

Spoiler: Town Police

Uhh..

*Looks around, procrastinates yet again.*
OH WHAT IS THIS SHINY PIECE OF PAPE- crap. It's a speeding ticket that I forgot to pay.

... What are you looking at?
OH!
Your role.

I'll just make you a
I-won't-get-off-my-ass Town Police
Abilities:
- BEFORE THE END of Day 1, you HAVE to PM me a name. No procrastination on that, kiddo! You will kill that person, but I'll be lazy and process that action at the start of Day 3.
During Day 2, however, you may regret your decision. As a hardcore procrastinator myself, I absolutely understand that. That's why you may send me a request to change your kill to a cop investigation, but only during Day 2. Strict deadlines, I'm so evil! The action will still go through on Day 3, even if you change it.

Pew pew.

Spoiler: 1-shot Commuter

Uhh..

Please, stop staring at me. I just need a break from this all, PLEASE.
I did not sign up to work.

...well, I did, but you get what I mean, right?

No you don't. Let me just show you how amazing it is when you can get away from from it all!

Let me show you the ways of a
Town I-don't-want-to-do-this-now 1-shot Commuter
!
Abilities:
- Once during the game, at night, you may choose to get away from it all, effectively commuting. This blocks
all
actions that target you that night.

Spoiler: 1-Shot Speed-up

Uhh..

YEAH MOM I'LL DO THAT, STOP RUSHING ME!!!

Gosh, I hate deadlines, and people enforcing them.

But do you know what I love? Telling other people to do their job in a timely manner! I'll show you just how fun that is, just hang on a second!

Yes, I have that job for you. You are now a
Town You-go-do-it-so-I-don't-have-to 1-Shot Speed-Up
!
Abilities:
- Once during the game, at night, you may choose to stop others from procrastinating. All delayed roles will no longer have a delayed modified that night. Work b*****!

Spoiler: Temp Bulletproof

Uhh..

Hey, do you ever have that feeling that you don't wanna do anything? Yeah, I have that all the time.
Regardless, I was thinking of some symbolic role that shows how far laziness can go.

Turns out that I didn't do that because I was too lazy to do so, but oh well, I'll try something...

How about a
Town Too-lazy-to-die Bulletproof
?
Abilities:
- You are the ultimate embodiment of laziness. If you get killed at night, you are too lazy to die. Instead of dying immediately, you will die one night later. You will be notified when you got shot.

Spoiler: Mafia Roleblocker

Uhh..

HEY WHAT?! YOU are one of those deadline loving people?! EW!

Here is your role PM, have fun with your deadlines and stuff.

You are a
Mafia Today-or-never Roleblocker
Abilities:
- Your partner in your anti-procrastination crusade is [player], a Just-don't-be-lazy JOAT. You may discuss your evil plans and stuff here.
- You share a factional nightkill with your partner. Obviously you want procrastinators to die.
- During the night, you can roleblock a player.

You win when your faction consists of at least half of the living players, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Spoiler: Mafia JOAT

Uhh..

HEY WHAT?! YOU are one of those deadline loving people?! EW!

Here is your role PM, have fun with your deadlines and stuff.

You are a
Mafia Just-don't-be-lazy JOAT
Abilities:
- Your partner in your anti-procrastination crusade is [player], a Today-or-never Roleblocker. You may discuss your evil plans and stuff here.
- You share a factional nightkill with your partner. Obviously you want procrastinators to die.
- Every night, you may use one of the following abilities:
+ 1-shot Neighborizer: Once, you can add 1 player to your neighborhood (located here), where you may talk at any time.
+ 1-shot Rolecop: Once, you will learn your target's role.
+ 1-shot Strongman: Once, if you perform the factional kill, you will break through any kind of protection on that player, killing them regardless of protection by any means.

You win when your faction consists of at least half of the living players, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Last edited by inspectorscout on Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:29 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Additional notes:

Strongman doesn't break through the modified bulletproof as the bulletproof will die 1 night later (and therefore isn't really bulletproof)

BulletNLynchproof - Town Police
culted - Vanilla Townie
Infinite Justice - Town Delayed follower
drealmerz7 - Town 1-Shot Undelayer
Zachstralkita - Town Delayed Doctor
Dunnstral - Town Modified Bulletproof
Aristophanes - Town 1-Shot Commuter

Gamma Emerald - Mafia JOAT
Secret Agent Jin - Mafia Roleblocker
Last edited by inspectorscout on Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:17 am

Post by Creature »

Yeah, if IC doesn't immediatelly die before doctor targets him, he'll live a good time.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:19 am

Post by Creature »

I noticed rolecop would likely catch a scum role. Roleblocker would be under suspicion, maybe hated-izer would be seem as town because scum can't have a role that makes them auto-win LyLo.

The good of the delayed effect is that it makes rolecop have less results through the game. Also, a rolecop claim could look like scum.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:19 am

Post by Creature »

Also, will scum get fakeclaims?
Sigh
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:26 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Having the IC live long isnt a problem, as it's still hard in lylo (if that happens)
Also, having it confirmed D3 wont help it, given that micros often end D4

I think, if rolecop can catch 1 maf based on role and has a false 'town' in the other, isn't that fairly okay?

Did not think of fakeclaims yet, I think they can just change their 'flavor' to townish flavor. I'll tell them they can ask for more towny flavor if they want, and if they want something specific I'll help with that as well. Would that be fine?
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:28 am

Post by Creature »

I'd make 9-11 townish flavors and then associate the flavors to roles first.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:29 am

Post by Creature »

Innocent Child would work like this:

IC: I'm IC I reveal at D3
Town: Okay *waits for D3*
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:31 am

Post by Creature »

I don't think Hated-izer is good for scum. It makes a quasi-guilty for rolecop and it isn't that useful.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:34 am

Post by Creature »

How bastard can this be?
Sigh
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:39 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Depends on how bastard you need it to be to be balanced
Ill work on finding more townie flavors for scum and depending on what you want to change the roleblocker/hatedizer into, ill think of other possible stuff
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:42 am

Post by inspectorscout »

I wanted to change hated-izer into a strongman but it makes the rolecop get a guilty for sure
Unless i change the rolecip into a weak hider or smth

But lets wait for your bastard ideas xd
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:50 am

Post by Creature »

If you don't want your rolecop to function almost like a cop, here's something to look at:

Rolecop investigations:
Vanilla TownLikely town because mafia wouldn't have a powerless goon at this setup
Town DoctorLikely town
Innocent ChildBam! Innocent Child before the time
Town PoliceLikely town
Town Speed UpLikely town
Town BulletproofLikely town
Mafia RoleblockerSuspicious
Mafia Hated-izerIf not scum, anti-town
Sigh
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:54 am

Post by inspectorscout »

So
Better no rolecop

Thanks
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:05 am

Post by inspectorscout »

What about making the rolecop a weak hider
And if needed,making the IC macho?
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:38 am

Post by Creature »

Not sure if it should be a weak hider.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:39 am

Post by Creature »

We could also keep rolecop but change some town roles.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:39 am

Post by Creature »

Delayed Doctor and Town 1-shot Speed Up looks okay.
Sigh
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:46 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Okay, thanks.

What would you suggest?
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:49 am

Post by inspectorscout »

And wouldnt it be easier to change the rolecop instead of the rest of the town? (Unless you have some cool ideas cooking)
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:55 am

Post by Creature »

Okay, maybe it'd be nice to change the rolecop.

Would a follower be effective?
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:55 am

Post by Creature »

Also, if we change the rolecop, I'm also fine with the Bulletproof.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:58 am

Post by Creature »

I think I've seen the kind of bulletproof you've added, but I don't remember the name.
Sigh

Return to “Completed Game Topics”